Ura High School

...Delinquents? Ryuto? Leslie couldn't help but snicker. "Yeahhhhh...somehow I doubt that's the guy. I actually saved him from getting beating up by a gang before, so...I really don't think he'd go crawling over to any of them." Still, what if he did? She hadn't heard from him lately...great, now she was just a little bit worried. Luckily, Sofia's stereotyping snapped her out of it. "Everyone's black-haired?! Um, look at me! That brown's all-natural! And I've seen Electopians with hair of every color of the rainbow!" Except orange, come to think of it. Who knew why. "Anyway, thanks, but I'm pretty sure that guy's not Ryuto." He'd better not, anyway, or there would be hell to pay.

She closed her eyes, letting herself focus on the feeling of the cool water on her skin. "You know, I always wondered if the PE teacher knew about these sneaky showers. Well, ex-PE teacher, by the sounds of it. You'd think after a while she'd find out by accident, or something. Well, if by some miracle I actually take over, I'm here to say...that I really don't give a rat's ass. If someone needs or wants an extra shower, then for gods' sake, they oughta be able to shower."

...Okay, there was someone else here, why did she grab her chest without even thinking? ...Wait a sec. Her right arm was raised so she could get her side, and her left hand was on her hip...which meant...oh. OH. Leslie's eyes bolted open, just in time to see Sofia return her hand to herself. "Whoa!" Not so much from the groping, but just seeing someone that close to her all of a sudden made her take a step back. "Oh, you surprised me there, Sofia! That's what I get for letting my guard down, huh?" She'd do it more often if that was what happened. "Don't worry about it. Not the first time it's happened in here..."

"...Anyway..." She should probably change the subject, and preferably to something that wasn't a depressing story about her life. Which was most of them from the last 10 years. "...Oh, I just realized something. Why are you in Electopia, exactly? I mean, if you and your father had a dojo, and something happened to him, shouldn't you be running it?"
"Ahaha, I-I guess it wouldn't be the first time, haha," she blurted out. Come to think of it, why was she the more embarrassed party here, shouldn't it be the other way around? Shaking away the weird thoughts from her head, she focused more on the conversation, which Leslie was more than happy to continue in a less related direction. Still, it concerned her past, so that quieted her down a little, but she still tried to keep her tone chipper. "Ah, well, I mean, I'm obviously not good enough to run that dojo right out of school... I'm not as amazing as the Battle family, after all! Hahaha!"

Once her memories came flooding through, however, it was difficult to keep up the farce, so she resorted to hiding her face from Leslie. "Plus, I don't really have any family there, so it would've been pretty hard to keep living by myself. Aunt Judith's pretty much the only family I have left, and she took in someone like me... I owe her everything. It's been great here, and everyone's been really nice, so I think it's going to be a while before I revisit the old dojo."

Letting her face be obscured by the shower spray for a little while longer, she then reached for the faucet -- the actual one, this time, and turned it off. Reaching for the towel, she began drying her hair off, though the towel was very much oversized, given that it was commandeered from the basketball team. "I think we should be getting back now, don't wanna leave the Navis out for too long," she said, her voice slightly muddled by the towel.
...No family, huh. She still had one living parent, but Leslie could certainly appreciate such a thing. "Oh...uh, wasn't trying to pry, or anything. Honestly, if something happened to my father, I don't think I could really live up to the family legacy just yet, myself." Sure, she was good by normal standards, but compared to her lineage? Not so hot. "Not that I'd have much choice but to try anyway. Inheritance is a bitch."

On that note, she reached over and turned off her flow of water, grabbed her towel, and started drying off her own hair. "So, I guess if you go to this school, you live here in Yoka? It's a pretty great place, if you ask me. Nice and quiet, but if you need some action, you're still only a quick trip from the city. And the zoo and hot springs keep things from being too sleepy. Say, where do you live? Maybe I'll drop by sometime. Er, if you and your aunt don't mind, anyway."

"Huh? ...Oh crap!" Leslie froze for a moment, realizing what she'd done. "I never jacked Martia out! Well, I'm officially a sucky operator..." She picked up the pace on her drying, making her way downward as she progressed. "Damn! Really not on my A-game right now..." It was probably just nerves about her upcoming interview, but still. Small comfort to her Navi.
"Haha, we better hurry!" said Sofia, as she hopped away from the showers, having finished drying off after her head start. She retrieved her (relatively) fresh clothes from her bag, as well as the underwear she had discarded earlier. She leaned against a wall that wasn't covered with cold metal locker and slid the striped garments up. "Oh, by the way, Leslie, thanks for, uh, hanging out today? Was pretty fun, I don't think I've had anyone to kind... y'know, really talk to since I got here. Sorry I sorta offloaded my life story onto you, though, maybe we can do something more fun next time," she laughed, finishing up latching up her bra and quickly tossing on the wrinkly clothes she had scattered onto the changing room floor.

Slinging her bag over her shoulder, she shook her slightly wet hair, now devoid of her usual white ribbons as she balled up the towel Leslie had given her. Leisurely walking over into the next aisle, she stopped as soon as she saw her target: the laundry basket about halfway across the room. Crouching into a ready position, she grinned to herself as she hurled the balled-up towel in a wide arc. With the water weighing it down slightly, it was able to retain its form and netted Sofia a clean two-pointer. "Yessss!" she said, pumping her fist.
"No kidding." It didn't take much longer for Leslie to dry off, and as soon as she'd done so, she raced off to where she'd set her clothes, and one by one put them back on. "Hanging...out? ...Yeah, it was nice. I...well, let's just say I don't get to hang out much, and that there's reasons for that, and I'm leaving it at that." Sofia seemed a little bummed over her own story, no need to compound that with her own tale. "And don't worry, telling me your story didn't ruin the mood. Trust me, I've heard worse." And lived worse, if that was all there was to it.

While the Netopian girl was the first to start redressing, the martial artist was the first to be fully redressed, thanks to her outfit being very conducive to slipping on and off. "Guess I win the dressing contest, huh?" She walked over, and watched the shot. "Hey, not bad! ...Heh. Now it's my turn to show off!" She wadded her own towel into a ball, and turned away from Sofia. Then, putting her martial arts training to more frivolous use, spun around the other girl, who would most likely manage to turn around just in time to see her dunk. "How'd you like my inside game? Guess it makes sense that I'd have a more physical play style, huh?"

Leslie's smile faded, however, as she realized what she was delaying. "Urk! C'mon, we've gotta get our Navis back!"
"Damn, guess I lose this away game," laughed Sofia, as she led the charge away from the gym, with her slung bag fluttering behind her as she ran. Even though it was a rather hot late afternoon, the recent shower allowed it to be a bit more of a cool-off jog than anything else. Making their way out of the darkened gym back to the detached building, Sofia sped inside, relieved to find that the place was untouched from the few minutes that they were gone, and their PETs were still there.

[<< Wrapping Up Practice - Kotobuki Net.]

"Sorry, Scourge! I kinda hopped away to do something else for a bit. Let's go home," she said, initiating the jack-out sequence, and allowing Scourge's holographic model to appear before her, though she looked slightly mad, with her hands on her hips.

"Sure, sure, I'm sure you two snuck away to do something suuuuper important," groaned Scourge, who was now relatively cleared of the inky mess, thanks to the PET's self-maintenance functions. "Still, that bit of virus busting was pretty good, so I'll forgive you. Where's the other girl anyway?"
Luckily, both Leslie and Sofia were pretty quick, and speedily returned to the Karate Club's building. Most importantly, the PETs were untouched, and so the martial artist quickly grabbed it and started the jacking out process. "I'm really sorry, Martia! That was stupid of me to leave you in there!"

"Well, it could've gone bad...but it didn't, so I guess I can forgive you."

"Well, good. Everything okay? No lasting damage?"

"All systems operating at full power!"

"Just making sure. If something had happened to you while I was off, I'd be so pissed at myself..."

"Well don't worry, I'm just fine."

Leslie quietly nodded, then turned over to Sofia. "I should probably head over to the office soon, while the big wigs are still here. But, before we do, we oughta trade contact info. I mean, even if I end up working here, that's no reason we can't be friends." And she could certainly use some more friends her age.
"Oh! Sure, hang on, lemme beam it over to you," said Sofia, working through the menus to find the little "Contact Share" app, transferring her e-mail address over to Leslie's PET, with surprisingly deftness, considering her earlier bouts of incompetence with operating. Looking a bit smug for herself, she said, "Hee hee, I might not be a whiz at being an operator but I can definitely work these social apps."

"Oh, brother," muttered Scourge, rolling her eyes as her hologram disappeared.

The PET was then quickly shoved into her bag, and the girl was getting ready to head out the door, before she remembered something. "Ah, right! I live pretty close by, on Karasuma street. That row of new shophouses near the bus terminal. Just look for "Fuwafuwa Bakery", that's my aunt's shop. Come by anytime you want, Auntie loves all the students that come around. Thanks again, bye!" she said, waving her goodbyes before running out the door energetically. However, as soon as she was out the gate, she stopped in her tracks for a moment, before running off in another direction from her house.

[>> Front Counter - ACDC Town.]
"Hey, Martia?"

"Already set it up!" Almost as soon as Leslie's PET had accepted the data, a second beam shot out from it, over at Sofia's.

"Thanks. You're the best!" The other girl started to leave, but stopped in time to tell the martial artist where she lived before actually doing so. "Fuwafuwa Bakery? Right, I know where that is. I'll check it out sometime!" Hopefully its treats had similar traits to the name. "All right, I won't keep you any longer. Bye, Sofia!" She let out a little wave, before sighing. "Well, guess I'm off to the principal's office."

"Something tells me you didn't end up going there often when you were a student."

"Eh, once or twice. ...This is gonna be so weird..."

"You mean going in not as a student in trouble, but just a woman looking into a job opportunity? Yeah, I can see that. But you've come all the way here, so get a move on! Mush!"

"All right, all right..."
((+28 Mutual FXP for Matia and Scourge))