Rania and Na'im's Scilabs Meeting

It surprised Rania greatly to hear that Na'im had any interest in the thought of her wrestling. "W-Well, it's just something I tried out once cause Amelie wanted me too. I'm not really fond of it or anything. I've never actually tried the Lucha Libre style. Maybe all of the high-flying would be interesting," she pondered. Really, it was all sort of a diversion. She wasn't thinking much about Lucha Libre at all, but rather, her mind was processing all of Na'im's various compliments.

She stared down at her PET screen and watched the soporific scene of MeleeMan cooling his heels to calm herself. Her face was red as Na'im snapped a picture, capturing her pensive, embarrassed self. She turned her head quickly, her red hair bobbing in response to the sudden movement. "Thanks, b-but, I-" she stammered, pressing her hands into her hoodie's middle sleeve and looking even more bashful. "I do box, you know, so this is about as badly as I plan to bruise."

The truth was that she was so nimble and adept at most sports, there wasn't much chance of her being pegged for a bruise anyways. Amelie's supernatural strength accompanied decent energy and athleticism. Rania's athleticism and energy made up for what she lacked in strength, at least when it came to most activities. "Oh, uh, so you watched Lucha Libre before? Were there any female wrestlers?" she asked.

Thinking about it, she couldn't help but imagine Amelie in the tight, spandex outfit that lucha wrestlers naturally garbed themselves in. The flashiness and form-fitting quality would fit her fairly well. Worse, her mind traveled to Djinni... imagining her in the outfit sort of put her to shame. She imagined how stupid she'd look in such an outfit, next to those two, who'd both be so natural.

"Do you think Djinni could wrestle?" she asked, tilting her head.
Looking over the picture Na'im had just shot of Rania, secretly smiling to himself, he continued talking to her. "Women and men seperate, of course, but I've seen both genders compete. For women there's the 'Queen of Queens Championship'," he told Rania, trying to recall most of his knowledge. He still followed it on TV, whenever he could, but he didn't go to live shows anymore. A negative side effect of his travelling. "But boxing, you should be able to combine wrestling with boxing. The footwork is different, but might give you an edge."

Afterwards he focused his mind on the question Rania asked after her first. "Djinni, huh... She was originally created to boast more strength than agility or defense. Despite her looks she is strong in muscle power. I think she would do well with wrestling. And with her looks, she could even steal the show while she's at it." While he had not explicitly programmed her in that way, Djinni could be quite the wrestler if she tried. She would, however, need to get familiar with a certain sense of strategy to prevent the scenario where she tried to tackle down the Neo-Shogun Navi in one of their previous missions.

"She would definitely look stunning in a Lucha Libre suit," he commented afterwards, staring into the distance with a slight twinkle in his eyes as his mind portrayed vividly what it would look like. A gold and white mask, maybe still wearing her turban. Leather bikini top with fitting cape, like her current cape. It was at this point that Na'im realized that Djinni's outfit, maybe some alterations to show even more skin. already was workable as Lucha Libre outfit. It would all have to be leather though. "Ah," Na'im suddenly uttered, breaking his focus on Djinni and turned to Rania. "But she could wrestle, yes," Na'im repeated himself.

He had a choice now. Continue the conversation about wrestling or try to switch the subject. Looking down at his camera, which he had placed on the table in front of them, and his PET, he noticed that he still wasn't needed for input or combat. He had no idea what the recent fads were with girls Rania's age or what girls kept busy with these days, except for one thing.

"So does an active girl like you have a boyfriend?" he asked, completely nonchalant.
Rania's usual naivety didn't stop her from realizing that Na'im was probably getting a little carried away thinking of his navi wrestling. Still, at least he wasn't creepy about it. Someone could easily have some pretty erotic ideas about a navi like that going into wrestling...

Any worries about Djinni, Amelie, wrestling, and boxing were abruptly flushed from Rania's mind as she heard Na'im ask her about boyfriends. She hadn't had a boyfriend in years. Why? Not for lack of trying. Over the past couple of months, it felt like she'd been in lots of close encounters that could have branched into romance, by her own volition. Darn had she tried to travel down those branches.

A really nice guy was asking her now if she had a boyfriend. There was a bit of an age difference... Was he too weird? He seemed to have a preference towards women with big boobs. Still, there might be a shot. Regardless, the answer to his question was easy.

Wasn't it? There wasn't really anyone she could call a boyfriend. Suien had disappeared to who knows where. Mill seemed a little aloof whenever she ran into him. Had she even met any other reasonable guys? It felt like there was another guy, someone very close, who she'd had warm feelings for recently... who was she forgetting?

"Uh, no, no boyfriend," she finally answered, turning her head away from him. Her red hair bobbed into the cusp of her hood, leaving her face hidden. "So how about you? I guess if you're traveling all the time, you've probably been without a girlfriend, right?" she inquired. He didn't look too old to be dating, so she didn't figure it'd be that weird of a question.
Noticing the silence between his question and Rania's eventual answer, Na'im could guess that she had met guys in the past but without any real result from hanging out with them. She didn't seem like a bad girl. She had a cute face and her personality seemed interesting. It was no surprise that he got asked the same question as he had asked her. "No one," he simply answered, "There was one woman who had an eye on me, but she wanted me to settle down with her. Even if I had liked her, I wouldn't have wanted to trade my freedom for it. Aside from her I haven't really been approached or tried to approach anyone."

Isra, the woman he had worked together with on stealing the core that was now embedded in Djinni, was the only one who had shown actual interest in him. What did she see in him again? It wasn't like he saw her as anything more than a business partner, but it still made Na'im wonder why she wanted to have him for herself. Mentally gesturing the thought away, he shrugged and turned to Rania.

"You mentioned you want to try travelling, right?" he asked her, taking the previous details of the conversation in his head. And at the same time, he wondered, "Why haven't I ever tried?" Before Na'im continued to talk to Rania, he just glanced at her for a short moment and then continued, "I'll definitely take you with me some time for some fun experiences."

While his thought had made him think a girlfriend wouldn't be such a bad idea if he tried, but did he have to go for this girl? Yes, she was cute but she also seemed younger than him. But on the other hand she seemed to be interested in a travelling life or something to keep every day life interesting. "Well, no need for rushing," he thought and leaned towards her. "Deal?" he asked and raised his hand, wanting to put it on top of her head like before but then lowered it again and just extended it towards her in order to shake her hand.

"By the way," chimed Djinni's voice as she looked at Na'im with a straight face, Szand and Fhyre being at her sides, "We finished." Djinni honestly had no idea what was going on here between the two Operators, having focused primarily on the battle.

"Alright," said Na'im as he looked at her from the corner of his eyes, his head still in Rania's direction, "Have you notified the NetPolice of your success?" He hadn't moved his hand away, still waiting for an answer for Rania, and turned his eyes back shortly after looking at Djinni.

She didn't bother activating her holographic image as she was about to turn away and take a 'nap' to recover her energy from fighting. "I believe MeleeMan has taken care of the rest," she said and realizing, as she said this, that MeleeMan was actually someone she could depend one. But her thoughts didn't continue beyond that as she turned away from the screen, sat down on the floor and let herself fall over on her side. Fhyre made the flames of her hands go out, put her bracelets near her core and settled down by Djinni's chest while Szand just floated elsewhere off-screen.
"I'd love to travel together some time," Rania replied, starry-eyed as she imagined all of the places in the world she hadn't been to yet. Of course, travel wasn't as romanticized as it once in the far past, what with the hyper-globalization brought on by PETs. There was still something majestic and appealing about the life of a traveler that Rania would like to capture some day.

"Rania, you've got some mail. Something from that twiggy guy with the glasses," MeleeMan informed his operator; he was now dressed back into his usual black jacket and helmet.

"Suien?" she asked, raising one eyebrow.

"No, the other one," MeleeMan grumbled, as if the messenger's identity should have been obvious and recognizing that it was impossible to just say people's names instead of giving them labels.

"Oh, Mill! Just a sec, Na'im, I've got a message to respond to," she murmured, pausing to trade messages back and forth with Mill for a while. MeleeMan waited impatiently, staring at the floor in boredom.

Damascus moved to his side, tilting her head up to glare at him. "Mill is Anyis' operator, you recall," she hinted, guessing correctly that her master had completely forgotten the guy's association with Anyis.

"Damn! You're right," he murmured. MeleeMan always had to keep his guard up around Anyis; everything about her was an enigma to be dealt with a step at a time. She was the first woman he'd encountered to make him revise his definitions of worth on the battlefield to include opportunities for both genders. She'd also given him a raging boner one time with the power of her punches. If there was a woman on the net that deserved to trade blows with him, it was her, he'd thought. "How'd that pencil-neck get a navi like her, anyways?"

"One does not need muscles to program a powerful navi," Damascus sighed, knowing that ought to be obvious to one such as MeleeMan. He was created by a slender girl who was, at the time of creation, a high-schooler.

"Well, Na'im, I'd like to talk more, but I've got a friend who needs my help with some unnamed task... he said manual labor or something. I can only imagine," Rania laughed. "What do you think you'll do now?"
"An e-mail...?" Na'im thought as he took his hand back, left hanging by Rania. As unnoticed as possible he tried to shuffle closer to Rania while being one part curious about the mail and one part unsure as to why he was actually doing this. Hearing from MeleeMan and Damascus that the guy Rania got an e-mail from was an Operator, Na'im's curiousity enlarged as he was always interested in seeing more types of Navis. He, however, was not sure what to think of this situation when he was close enough to read the mail Rania had received.

Too vague. Too weird. There were many opinions he could develop as he read the mail curiously. "What is this girl...?" he thought as he looked at Rania, also realizing he was now practically sitting right next to her, "Is she still hiding something? She did mention a lot of odd jobs, didn't she?" There was definitely more to this girl, in Na'im's mind, and there was an urge to stay with her longer in order to investigate.

Quickly he grabbed his large PET and held his face close to the screen embedded into the keyboard. "What is that, Djinni?" he asked, staring at the image of the sleeping Djinni and Fhyre, "You want to hang out with MeleeMan some more? Maybe become closer friends with him?" He tried to fake a laugh as well as possible, then continued talking to the sleeping image of his Navi. "Well, maybe we can arrange that for you!" he happily 'replied' to his Navi and turned to Rania. "So that's the story, you mind if I tag along with you?" he asked, "I don't really have anywhere to go. And I'm curious about you. Maybe I'll see something 'interesting' when I'm around you." He just simply smiled, maybe grinning a bit, at her after he said this and waited for her answer.
"Closer friends, huh? Well, I can't say I blame her! That sounds like a relationship with a lot of benefits for both of us... heh..." MeleeMan responded without being addressed, unable (or not caring) to hide his pleasure at the suggestion.

Rania was surprised to hear that Na'im wanted to come along, although the thought was not unwelcome. Her only worry was that Mill might have asked her to something like a date, in which case bringing Na'im along would certainly be making things awkward. Quickly, she reminded herself that there was basically no possibility of that being the situation. Anyis had seemed more interested in MeleeMan than Mill had in her, and that was saying a lot.

"Yeah, there's no harm if you want to tag along. I might even need your help! It sounds like the guy's going to need all the help he can get," she responded, giving a quick bow of gratitude as her sensei had taught her to do. "Thanks for offering! We've got to head to Electown, then, if you're ready."

Standing up from the park bench, she thought back upon the events of today. It was some world, where a girl could sit down in the park to shoot the breeze and somehow end up involved in stopping a terrorist plot. With a smile, she waved for Na'im to follow and jogged off towards the metroline.

((Heading to Electown))
Na'im was unsure if he had to bow back at Rania as she did so, but figured that it would be troublesome to bow with rollerskates on. Djinni remained pleasantly asleep in the solitude of her PET, not knowing of the 'deal' Na'im had made for her. Having nothing to add anything to her claim that the sender of the mail would probably need all the help he could get, he stood up, slung his PET over his back and followed Rania on his rollerskates. It felt kind of unfair how he was on wheels, while she was on foot, but it would've been awkward to lift her in his arms or even to put her on his back. "Electown, huh?" Na'im thought, trying to figure out what kind of trouble Rania's friend could've gotten himself into.

Summary
N. Chasing Rania
Rania & Na'im GET: +9 FXP