A CHILLIN D CHILLIN

Virus battle arena? That actually sounded kinda neat to Sabrina. "I dunno, that could be fun. We could even have our own signature moves! Sabrina Dragon Punch!" With a leap, she performed a mighty uppercut on one of her eternal foes, thin air. "Like that, only with fire or ice, or something! Tell me that wouldn't be at least a little awesome!"

Hmm...what she thought the mission would be. A good question. "Honestly, I can't think anything, either. But Rose is right. If it's not fun, we'll find a way to make it fun!" Another fist to the air accented her agreement. "I hope they give us something soon...I'm really getting excited about this!"

"Yeah, I really wanna know what they'd come up with for an all-human mission, too!" Now atop his operator's shoulder once again, SplashMan sat down, looking up as he tried to think of anything that might work. However, that proved an exercise in futility. "...Yeah, I can't think of anything that someone didn't say already."

"Yeah, but I'm sure they'll come up with something we can all do. I'm sure they've got profiles of us or something. I mean, it's kinda their job to know what people might try something funny with the Net." Well, now she was just thinking out loud. She should probably let someone else talk while she still could.
Zeo didn't bother to mention that if Sabrina's mighty uppercut had been on fire or freezing, it would probably hurt her more than what she punched. And finding a way to make a boring job fun... well, if anyone could do it these girls probably could. He wasn't sure whether their ideas of 'fun' were the same, though. Whatever it is, it probably involves more enthusiasm than I have to give out... That made him hope a little more for something good. Zeo couldn't help but continue doubting it anyway, though.

And those GNA profiles probably did exist. Zeo wondered what was on his. ViralMan wondered aloud. "If they do have files on us, I hope mine looks good." He glanced downward in thought. "Maybe then I could get some high profile missions for more cash, heh." Frowning, Zeo looked at his Navi. "You've only done one mission for them, so I think it'll be a while before that happens." He looked up again. "Maybe they actually don't have anything available. I know I'm not the most capable human out there for stuff like this," he finished.

"Then again, being negative doesn't help. Hey, I wonder what SplashMan's profile would look like," Zeo asked. "It would probably be pretty impressive, huh?" Both he and ViralMan waited for an answer from her, the Navi casually crossing his arms to listen.
Getting some wicked Big Brother vibes, Rose wasn't sure she liked the whole "yeah, they most definitely would have files on us" concept she was being given of the GNA. However, she assumed they weren't too likely to put it to any seriously evil uses (especially those of an average high school student like her), and she had faith in the people handling it.

The creepier parts were things like "What do they know about me?" and "How did they find out?" She suddenly felt like looking over her shoulder for a camera, and did, though she turned back quickly enough that it shouldn't have been too conspicuous an action.

She felt very silly for having lapsed into such a foolish and unsubstantiated paranoid action. She scolded herself quickly for being so foolish. On the bright side, she hadn't seen any cameras.

She also thought about how useful it would be to have access to such a database.

She assumed Sabrina would have a fiery punch. Despite her aquatic affiliations and her blue clothing theme, her personality would fit fire fairly well. And everyone knows super powers should line up with one's personality.

Rose had to agree heartily with 'being negative doesn't help, and said so. "Exactly. No sense in being so down," were her exact words. "Especially on yourself," she added somewhat quieter and quicker, in reference to Zeo's self-referential attacks.

"I'm sure they have something available. Someone, somewhere, must need something done that doesn't involve the internet. The world's not that plugged in, is it?" she suggested. It also acted a bit as a reassurance to herself: hence the rhetorical ending.

She added in a somewhat confused "Um, yeah. It probably would be," to the reference to SplashMan's profile. She remembered him losing in the first round of the tournament, and thought he had been fairly close to SummonerMan's power level when she'd seen him last. " Though if he has access to Rogue Net he must have gone up at least a bit in level. " She hadn't really seen him at work in a while, so it was possible she was wrong. And they had just been doing some very intense training. She hadn't ever really thought about her friend's Navi's strength.

"Maybe he's significantly stronger than Summ? Or he's done a prolific number of missions for the GNA? Or he's famous or infamous for something in a small circle or field of people I'm not a part of? " she suggested to herself, wondering what else Zeo could have meant.
"Well..." Sabrina wasn't terribly sure how impressive SplashMan's profile really was, but if they really wanted to know..."I guess I could-"

BEEP BEEP! BEEP BEEP!

Oh hey, someone got an e-mail. ...Actually, wasn't that her own PET going off? "Oh, hang on a sec, guess I've got mail." Okay, just had to press that button, and presto! ......

"What the?!" That was easily the most nonsensical e-mail she'd ever read. Even weirder than...well, no need to think about that particular incident. "Um...SplashMan? Could you come in and translate this?"

"Translate it? Why, what language is it in?" The hologram faded as the Navi reappeared within the PET's confines and checked the suspicious text himself. "Um...I don't remember what this is called, but I've seen it. Hexa...something. It's not really a language, it's more...some kind of code."

"No offense, but I don't really care what it's called. Can you figure it out?"

"Me? Nope. But the PET oughta have software that can!" A couple of moments passed as some files were auto-checked, with one activating to reveal the mail's secrets. "And...done! Read it at will, Sabrina!"

And so she did. "To...well, I don't really need to say that. From unknown@anonymo.us. ...Gee, what a totally not suspicious address. Subject, 'Looking for something to do?'. Translated message is...'Spark Cafe, ElecTown, 11:37 AM. Bring your friends, and don't be late, the hunt begins not a minute later!'. ...That's what it says, anyway...there's directions to this Spark Cafe in it, too." ...Well, it made a little more sense, in that she could read the words. "...Still moon speak to me."

"Yeah...who'd send an e-mail like that? It's like they knew we wanted to do something..."

"...No way...hey, you guys don't think this is our mission, is it?...On second thought, don't answer that." It didn't even sound right coming out of her mouth. Something was fishy about it all. And yet...somehow her curiosity was still piqued, no matter how colossally stupid it was. "Okay, I know what I'm about to ask is crazy and stupid, but...think we should check it out? I kinda want to know what all this junk means..."
Respond to an anonymous e-mail about meeting at a random cafe in Electown for a "hunt"? Sure, what could possibly go wrong? That was Zeo's immediate reaction, but he figured that nothing terrible could happen in a public place in mostly broad daylight. Or, at the least, he hoped nothing terrible could happen. "Sounds interesting, I'm alright with it," Zeo said, trying hard to sound more confident about the meeting than he was. He was about to continue when ViralMan provided even more undesired input.

"Even if something does happen, I'm sure you'll be fine. I mean, you have these two-" The Navi's voice cut off as Zeo subtly killed the volume. "Try to watch what you say around other people; not everyone will take it as well as me," the boy whispered to ViralMan. The Navi thought for a second before nodding in silence. Zeo flicked a switch and ViralMan's voice became audible once again. "As I was saying, anyone trying to jump you three's going to get a surprise uppercut, I'm sure," he joked at Sabrina. "So what are you waiting for?" ViralMan said, directing this at Zeo.

"I guess we head out," Zeo replied. "Are you two okay with going?" he asked the others, prepared to go with their consent.
Rose listened carefully as her friend went over the entire process of receiving and interpreting her new e-mail aloud. To her, it seemed obvious. "The e-mail arrives shortly after putting up the request. It offers us something to do. It mentioned bringing her friends. How would it know she was with her friends? Even if it's a generic statement, it's a pretty long strand of coincidences. I mean, I sort of doubt it's a coincidence at all."

She smiled slightly at the joke about suspicion inherent in a name like "unknown@anonymo.us" She wondered briefly where the ".us" domain was. It wasn't important, though, so she forgot about it fairly quickly.

Before she could answer with a resounding yes that she thought it was their mission, Sabrina took back the inquiry that prompted the response. However she definitely did want to check it out.

Zeo responded first. She was somewhat surprised that he answered the way he did. She figured, being as negative as he had been so far in this meeting, that he may have required an overruling by the feminine majority, or at the very least a bit of prompting. She smiled when he said yes.

And wondered, in a good natured and sing-songy way, "How was that rascal planning on ending that statement~" She was certain that regardless of how he ended it, it would have been far more entertaining to have dealt with the repercussions than to have shut him off and left the other two (or three if your count included Zeo) (or five if you included both other Navis as well) guessing.

"I think it sounds interesting. So why not?" Rose replied, to both proposed questions. "Definitely. Let's do it."

Since Sabrina had posed the question first, she assumed her answer to Zeo would be a yes. However, she waited for the girl to confirm her own original designs before continuing.
Yep and yep. Looked like it was unanimous...they had a date in ElecTown. "All right, let's see what's up!" Sabrina spun over towards the public form of transportation she was accustomed to...before backtracking to Rose. There was definitely a better way of getting over there. "All right, I've got a better idea. Rose, let's take your car over there! ...That's okay, right?" Better make sure that was an option before she got too carried away.

Back in her PET, SplashMan was taking another good look at that e-mail, pondering what the deal with it was. "11:37...that's kinda specific...but it's in the middle of the day, and ElecTown's always full of people. I guess it should be fine!"

"Yep! Well, like SplashMan said, there's probably nothing to worry about. Just don't get too careless, and we'll be fine!" Not too careless...after all, there was still a chance of this being something weird.
"Sure," Rose said, deciding that it'd only be logical to use her car. "I mean, of course. I'd be happy to use my car for this. It'd make things easier and all, I'm sure."

Of course, this was all going to cost her gas money, but hey, that was what her new jobs were for. And otherwise she'd be paying subway fare or something, so it wasn't too much extra. She liked driving, anyway.

Besides, being helpful was something she enjoyed too.

"We're going in a group, I'm sure we'll be fine." Rose added. "The middle of the day, a public place, three teens, easy access to technology in case of emergency. I mean, except for our ages, we really couldn't be much better off."

"Well, and the gender of two people in the party." She turned away from such thoughts fairly quickly, preferring not to imagine herself and her friend being sexually assaulted, for some reason.

"Well, I mean, we couldn't be much better off as far as meeting up with a stranger prompted by some other stranger for reasons unknown to us."

She started thinking about the wording of the message. Hunt? And also the time was somewhat strange. It was all mysterious. But at the same time, it was an answer to their pleas, as they had wanted to do something interesting, and this was nothing if not interesting.

Rose took off for her car, plugging in her destination into her PeT's GPS as she went. She checked over her shoulder only once, giving a wide smile to her friends as she did so. With a beckoning arm gesture she called back to them. "You guys coming?"

It was rhetoric, of course.
"No, I think I'd rather stay he-" ViralMan tried to joke sarcastically, being cut off as Zeo playfully clamped a hand over his PET. Removing the hand, Zeo then slid the device into its case on his upper arm and started off after Rose. "Your sarcasm's getting a little more bearable, I guess," he said to his Navi. "Hmph. Better hurry up or your girlfriend'll leave without you," the Navi snapped back, barely smiling. Zeo gave a mock sigh as he continued walking. "Well, it was bearable for a bit, at least."

Zeo glanced back to make sure Sabrina was following before concentrating on his front. The last thing he needed was to trip and end up out of commission before they even reached their "meeting". Thinking of said meeting brought back the nervous feeling he'd had before, but Zeo managed to dismiss it just as quickly as it had come on as he reached Rose's car. "Enjoy the ride," ViralMan laughed once he saw the car (and its color) again.

Groaning in silence, Zeo clamped down on the PET again as he stopped beside the vehicle to wait for Sabrina.

"All right, let's roll!...Oh, hang on a sec. One thing I want to say first..." Sabrina took a deep breath, knowing that what she was about to say could affect the trio forever. "...Shotgun!" With that, she walked over to the car, taking a moment to bask in its coolness. After all, she could afford to do so, having already laid claim to the front passenger seat. Once she got her license, she wanted a car just like this...good thing she'd have plenty of time to save up before that happened. Panting slightly, she waited for Rose to unlock the door. At least, she assumed Rose locked the door.

CLICK!

And that was the sound of an unlocked car. Time to find out what the deal with the e-mail was.

(TO ELECTOWN)

Quote (Received FXP)

ViralMan/SplashMan - 5
ViralMan/SummonerMan - 5
SplashMan/SummonerMan - 7