Resolutions 3: Ship and Slay

Welcome! Thank you for participating in the Donation Drive by offering your resolutions. I hope you two will encourage each other to be your best in times to come!

-Holly.EXE

((Post here only if your navi's name is in the title. To be eligible for FXP once the event's over, you will need to post at least twice: once to set up your navi's resolution and an example this year that shows they need to make this resolution, and then a second with your navi's encouragement to their BBS partner. The threads will remain open until around January 15th. You're free to back and forth as much as you'd like until that time! Note also that this is a BBS thread, so your navis are not going to be physically meeting. You may have them connect with video or such if you want, but they're not actually meeting in person.

For any questions, ask Aim. And have fun!))
Hello Ship,

I've got a couple resolutions. I'm a slow-starter on things, which is bad for anybody who wants to move up in their career. Anyway, my first resolution is to try to do something to help Gordon, my operator, become a better script writer. You probably haven't heard of Gordon Van Hurst before. That could be because he's in the horror genre, but more likely, it's cause he's the worst writer I've ever met, as though something in his brain is making him churn out the worst stories he can. Really, saying I'll make him a better writer is too vague... I should try to be more specific. How about... I want him to stop trying to have his murderers use not saving people as a method of killing cause... it's not really a method of killing at all, is it? Or at least not one fit for movies. He's gone back to that same well a couple of times recently. I stop him but like... I should make him write it down and hang it above the door. Or something like that.

My other resolution is to try to meet some new friends. I don't meet a lot of people when I work, I guess cause I'm the spooky horror villain. Like, I always look that way, so how are they gonna tell I'm not really scary? And I'm a little introverted. I met some new people but they all either died or... appeared to. Anyways, point being, I missed a couple chances this year. Hopefully I'll do better this year.

-Slay.EXE
Hello, Slay! I'm sorry to say I haven't heard of your operator before, but then, I'm afraid I'm not so terribly interested in horror myself. That said, I'd say that if he's repeatedly drawing from the same well you've told him to avoid, it sounds like perhaps he's not paying attention to you? I don't know your situation, but perhaps you should try being more assertive. It sounds like you need to reinvigorate yourself going into the new year ahead! Show him that you really care about his output and want to help him improve. I'm sure he'll be out of his slump in no time!

Again, I'm not a horror buff, but... I suppose, if you have some samples that aren't too terribly scary, we could workshop it?

As for meeting people, I'm sorry to hear you've had such terrible fortune. Well, you've met one new friend this year already! And if you want to meet new people, there's nothing like a makeover! I can't profess to be so talented as to give you advice over a BBS without seeing you... but every Navi has her own unique charm! I'm sure there's a new you in there, brimming with confidence! I wish we were meeting face-to-face, I'd be so happy to help you out. It sounds like a project! ;)

Well, I was so terribly interested, I almost forgot my own resolution. My resolution is to be more of a proper woman! Due to my own unique appearance, I feel the respect I receive and, frankly, the romantic interest that comes my way is unfortunately diminished. I'm a mature woman, ready for my own romantic adventures... Well, I blame my operator for some of this, as she refuses to simply give me an appropriate cosmetic upgrade, but I... well, I suppose I need more experience, as well. So my resolution is to get as much romantic experience as possible, and learn to practice the ways of a cool, charismatic lady until I'm keeping prospective partners away with a stick. Wouldn't it be wonderful to be fought over...?

As for times I've failed, I don't care to dwell on it long. There was one opportunity here where I coached a potential partner into a relationship with a different woman. I'm happy for them, but I can't help but feel it should have been me... Oh, and there have been some incidents with another friend-could-be-partner more recently... But I'm chalking them up to "learning experience." That is to say, mostly learning what not to do... :\

Eagerly awaiting your reply!

-Ship.EXE
You might not be so sorry if you'd read his writing, Ship. I think you're right... about him not paying attention and me not being assertive enough. Honestly, I don't think you wanna workshop his stuff. That's a burden that's best left to me. I wouldn't want to ruin your day...

Thanks for agreeing to be my friend. A makeover sounds like a good idea too... I can do makeup but... It tends to be, you know, monster stuff. Well, I'll think about it.

I guess I can sympathize, with people not thinking you're accessible because of your appearance. Sometimes people get too creeped out... I mean, I guess when you're working with people who see you as a movie monster, they aren't exactly going to come up and try to ask you out. But if you want to seem mature, I can help with that... Since aging isn't really a thing, you're probably going to need to get an upgrade. I think you're plenty mature already, mentally. Or you seem to be. All you need is to have the looks to match. People judge a lot by looks on the net. Yeah... I think I can sympathize with wanting attention too.

As for your relationship, I really wish I was a better authority on this kind of thing. It sounds, though, like you're very friendly and I'm real professional... and maybe we're both being pushed around a little too much. Maybe we both need to be a bit more assertive... or, you know... bad girls? Have you ever tried being a little naughty? I don't know if I could do it... I feel like I'd just embarrass myself.

-Slay.EXE
[color=blue]I know, right? I know I could come up with a head-turning look if Lyn just let me! >:T

I guess I crave attention because I used to be in advertising. Funny, isn't it? Two Navis from behind the camera, level-headed sorts... similar names... I feel a strong kinship with you, even though we've never met in person.

Hmm... naughty, you say? I'm afraid I already tried that approach out with a new acquaintance, and it didn't go terribly smoothly... then again, I was forced to rush into it with little preparation.

You seem like such a mature type, though! I'm sure you've got a "bad girl" side. At the very least, maybe you've seen the role played in one of your films? You ought to give me a sample here, even if you aren't confident in it. What better chance than in a conversation with someone you might never meet? *^_^*

Eagerly awaiting your reply!

-Ship.EXE
Oh, you already tried that? Dang. Maybe we both have to just stop caring about it? Like, rather than being bad, we both be kinda... I don't know... not really interested. Playing hard to get is tough, though. Although, maybe people think that's what I do all the time.

I should mention, when I see "bad girls" played in my films, they're usually... not the main heroine. I guess I'm trying to find a nice way of writing that they always die. 100% of the time. On second thought, let's not be bad girls.

Don't be a "bad girl," okay, Ship? We'll talk again some time. It was a pleasure meeting you.

-Slay.EXE
[Slay/Ship: +8 FXP]