Unbiased Giving: A People's Non-Profit Charity Drive

"I'll bask all I want! Why shouldn't I? If you're not going to act, zen you may as well hold your tongue, wrestler," Garde managed to return a barb, even during a raging fire that she'd helped make worse. She didn't approve of Luchadora's method of fire removal any more than she did Luchadora's method of challenge refusal. "Oh mon Dieu! I cannot eat cheese zat's been on ze floor! Christmas is ruined!"

"We've made it through a lot so far, I don't think we should let cheese be the straw that breaks our backs tonight," Holly laughed in response. "We've still got cookies left, anyways." Garde nodded and reluctantly chewed on a cookie, still pouting. Being a generous herald of Christmas, Holly had managed to keep a good mood on, even though the hammy death cries of the unseen owner of several lecherous hands were somehow even more annoying than those hands' vulgar actions. With everyone focused on the fire, Zennocracy's wardrobe malfunction went unnoticed... until Uprising laughed about it, at which point everyone turned to see the subject. "Oh dear... I think someone got the wrong holiday," Holly commented, although one had to wonder if metallic, barely covering Christmas shapes would have been any better.

Skywriter waved off Uprising's offering with an awkward smile. "I don't think I need any more food right now. I wouldn't mind trying on another outfit though... f-from the nice batch that Lyntael sent," she responded, feeling a little guilty for just trying out another safe bet costume. "Let's see..."

CarolingMelody.GMO
This outfit was designed by Lyntael, for Skywriter. It is themed mostly after the Melody virus, with a few accessories to suggest seasonal caroling. While the head is left uncovered for this costume, a slight styling of Sky's hair has been applied to make the back of it resemble the stem and tail of a musical note. It's not over-stated, so coupled with the natural shortness of her hair, it more resembles a cute affectation, rather than an actual representation. Also supplied are optional stud earrings in the image of little melodies - they come with an alternate press clip attachment in case her ears aren't pierced. A purple scarf that matches her hair is also provided. This one is a tight weave, the trail of which will fall over the back and down to the waist, after a single wrap around. It has a deliberate fray edge, with a pleased-looking melody picked out in white stencil just before the end. Taking off the scarf will reveal a delicate lace choker at the neck, in the same shade of purple, with a small flat-cut amethyst in the centre.

For the main outfit, the top half is another warm-looking pull-over. This one is purple and bears a large representation of Melody eyes over the bust, with the mouth below, across the midriff. The jumper is of a fine knit, so it's warm but not bulky at all. It also comes with a ruff collar made of white wool, and similar white wool cuffs at the ends of the sleeves. It's cute and homely, in a good way, but given the warm environment it might not stay on for long. Underneath the sweater is a lighter, more refined outfit, thin and breathable and the perfect thing for switching too after getting warm again from being out in the cold. In this case, it's an elegant and close fit dress that sits flat to the shoulders and has a 'v' front, with lacework edges. The fabric is a pastel shade of purple, and is particularly thin, though not quite enough to endanger its opacity. Below the waist seam, the dress fans out slightly, falling in neat waves to the knees. The jumper ends at about the waist line anyway, so regardless of what portions of the outfit are kept on or removed, it should still look nice. Warm purple stockings are visible between the end of the dress and the boots, which are a deep blue with white cuffs, and a very slightly raised heel.

Though the dress itself is sleeveless, the outfit does come with a dark blue set of elbow-length gloves, which match the boots. the total effect is that with the whole outfit on, Skywriter will look rugged up warm for a night out in the snow, while removal of the sweater, scarf and cold-weather gear, will reveal a simple, understated beauty that is nonetheless quite elegant. As a finishing touch, instead of the Melody's normal implements the .GMO comes with a carol book in one hand, full of seasonal song lyrics, and a small caroler's candle in the other, complete with cardboard wax-guard to protect the hand. On the whole, the outfit is... very purple.

"Aw, it's cute... it matches my hair," Skywriter commented, feeling love-at-first-sight with her new costume. "It's a bit warm with the um... recent fire, though," she admitted, shedding off some of the layers. It might be kind of sexy to watch, if the competition wasn't so stiff from the rest of the night's activities. When she'd gotten down to just the light dress and various accessories, she gave a sigh of relief. "I'm keeping this one! It's so me~" she sighed happily, cutting a dangerously alluring figure in the thin gown.

Garde seemed confused for a moment when Zennocracy proposed that they'd done good tonight. "Well, I suppose any opportunity to show off my bikini figure is doing a public service, but..." she started, pressing a palm to her cheek, before raising her eyebrows. "Oh, right! The donations. Yes, we did do a good 'zing," she agreed, nodding with a confident smile. "Zat's what I'm all about! Helping o'zers."

"You'll be the first person I call the next time I want to be nude in public again," Holly responded with a sarcastic smile. "Which may very well be next year!"
Indeed, in their focus to eliminate rug fires, both Luchadora and FurnaceMan had completely overlooked Zennocracy's new and exciting form of wardrobe malfunction. And much like the others, only Uprising's laughter clued them in to look over. The wrestler's only reaction was to shake her head slowly. "Indeed, Holly. Though personally, I cannot decide if that's closer to Halloween, or the Dio de los Muertos!"

"The...what?"

"...Ah, my apologies. I have been trying to avoid using much Whazzapian tonight, yet I made such a simple error...to you, it would be the Day of the Dead."

"That honestly doesn't help. At all. You take a day off to celebrate the dead? I get it, I guess, but that sounds sorta weird."

"...Well, never mind. I shall explain it to you later." At least she didn't take that attitude with Uprising, reaching over to snag the e-mail for her. "Mmm hmm...it would seem that this Kabuki's operator would prefer everyone dress up in kabuki costumes instead of Christmas attire. I cannot say I know much about kabuki, but based on the attached costume, there is little wondering why he would desire that. I would change into it, but as everyone's changing into their Lyn...I forget her whole name, GMOs, I feel as though I would be ruining the theme. Plus, I have little time to model something new. My apologies."

"Ah, shoot, I forgot her name, too. Lyn...tail? Was that it? Yeah, that sounds right." FurnaceMan watched as everyone else went with the virus themed outfits. Honestly, for the most part, it seemed like everyone preferred them to everything else they'd worn for the duration. That Lyn girl wasn't in the greatest of spirits...hopefully, seeing everyone enjoy what they got from her would return the favor a bit, somehow. Before he could ruminate further, the sound of evil laughter caused him to turn to face the source...wait, was Zennocracy's shoe heel THROUGH those hands? He couldn't help but flinch a bit, even though he had no sympathy for them. "Ouch. That looks like it hurt..."

"I can hardly blame her, the way they have been on some of us tonight. ...Not myself, of course, since a wrestler is capable of some rather painful holds if they try anything."

"Yeah, that's not really something I need to worry about, for obvious reasons." He nodded at himself, then at the notion of them doing good. "Indeed. If all of this helped rake in the donations, then I say it's well worth all the trouble. Though that probably rings hollow for you ladies, coming from me."

"Meh, I understand what you are trying to say, and I concur. At the end of the day, the donations are what matter most." The wrestler looked around at the carnage around her (some of which she caused), and straightened up and raised her arms, forming a Y shape with her body. At least, if viewed from the front or behind. "All who offered their hard earned chips today...from the bottom of our hearts, we all thank you!"

FurnaceMan looked around, noting all the destruction. "I'll say it again...it's a good thing we're not on janitor duty, so we don't have to care about this place."
Factional rivalries and personal challenges aside, the evening was clearly winding down now. Uprising had poured herself another glass of wine from a pitcher that had survived the table wreckage, but seemed now to be contemplating whether she really ought to drink it or not. She settled for taking very small, slow sips between bites of her shortbread. Giggles aside, she seemed to be doing remarkably well for being such a petite woman on her sixth glass. She did look across to the conversation that was going on between some of the others, though, and pointed towards Luchadora with a grin.

"That's the one with the sugar skull candies and all the bright colours, right? I've always wanted to go to that! Jane says I..." She trailed off quietly and took another sip of her wine, glancing down again, and let the conversation flow past her without continuing. Elsewhere, Zennocracy was back in full spirits from her earlier mishap and was offering a bright, professional smile for all and sundry. Her hands were still on her hips and her stance just a little bit too 'business predatory', perhaps, but otherwise things seemed to be much more on track.

"Indeed, it has been a good night for donations, but we are out of time. I'd like to... hmm?" She looked to the side as movement caught her eye. More of the mischievous hands were appearing from just about every shadow and crevice about the room now, including, if anyone was looking closely, the two that had received the piercing touch of Zenny's heel - the holes were obvious, but the hands didn't appear to really be hindered at all. For the most part, however, they were all setting about picking up spilled table settings, straightening things and swiftly doing the best that could be done to clean up and set the room back in order. It was hard to really tell from tentacle-armed hands, but there was a subtle sense that they were all acting rather sheepishly. For her part, Zenny cast a warning eye from hand to hand, making sure they weren't up to anything, tapping one foot slightly, while Uprising shuffled swiftly away from wherever any of them were working, eager to keep clear just in case.

Soon enough, the room had been neatened up and the furniture that hadn't been outright destroyed, straightened. Aside from tidying, several pairs of hands took time out to produce and offer small white boxes, wrapped in red ribbon, to each of the hosts for the evening. It might not exactly be a 'grew three sizes that day' event, but it was something at least. Zenny continued after most of the cleaning and gift-giving was done.

"Thank you all for all of your generous donations tonight, and thanks too to everyone who sent in interesting costume designs for us all to try on for your entertainment. I also want to thank all of our hosts for helping us spread and share a little bit of cheer this evening." She began to thank each host personally, giving each of them a chance to wave or give some other gesture if they wanted to. "Our gratitude to Holly, from the NetMafia; Garde, from the NetPolice; Skywriter, from the Neo Shogunate; and also our great thanks to Luchadora and FurnaceMan, and to Uprising." She took her hands off her hips to clap politely for the other hosts. While she waved, Uprising spoke up to follow on from Zenny. "And we'd also like to thank miss Zennocracy for hosting with us tonight too, and getting into the Christmas spirit a bit. Merry Christmas Everyone, and good night!!"

One of the hands had begun tapping Uprising on the shoulder with a finger, trying to get her attention.
Hmm— what?" When she turned to look at it, the hand flourished and produced an email, which she took. "No. No , I'm not. We're out of time, I'm not doing that!" Fortunately, at least as far as public viewing was concerned, anyone watching at home would be seeing the final show special thanks and crediting scrolling by while she argued.
"What is it darling?" Zenny had raised an eyebrow at the exchange, but Uprising only sighed, taking the email but still only holding it in her hand.
"There's one email left, and it's got a costume... but I'm not. I'm not going to put that on."
"Oh come on dear, just slip it on during the out credits."
"No!!"
"It can't be any worse than anything else we've all tried on tonight."
"It's made of snow! Just Snow. Nothing else. It'll melt the moment I put it on!!"
"Oh give me a look at that, surely it's not... Oh my. Someone's got quite the imagination."
"You see? Just no, ok, we're done."
"There's no harm in it. Holly put it all on the line earlier. Just try it. Maybe if you're lucky the out credit will end before the snow melts?"
"... I'm not. I don't want to. Don't make me..."
"It's just for a minute, come on now, try it on. You did promise."
"But the show's..." she sighed and knocked back the rest of her glass. "Oh fine, give me that... You're all a bunch of perverts. Here..." Sadly, for those viewers keen on seeing the more or less non-costume, that was where the show credit ended and the feed stopped, and with it came the close of another year's successful charity.