Intelligent Labs

"Not my sizes..." sighed Anyis, feeling a little concerned about who or what convinced MeleeMan that he could eyeball and quantify a woman's curves at a glance. She started tugging on the bangs of her purple hair as she talked, a habit that began forming ever since the growth spurt. "And I wouldn't have grown my hair this much if I had the choice. These bangs keep getting in my eyes..."

"Yeah, your physical appearance is pretty much unchangeable after you absorbed that fused core..." reiterated Mill, "but I think you came out looking pretty nice, considering we had no idea what was going to happen."

"... Thanks?" replied Anyis, almost posing it as a question for how unprepared she was for that compliment. Anyis wasn't really the type to doll herself up much, and Mill wasn't much for critiquing her appearance, so why... Ah, right. Mill liked long-haired girls too, as Anyis had discovered one day after exploring the more... isolated areas of her Operator's computer. The last thing she needed was her Operator fawning over her, but thankfully Mill wouldn't, or rather couldn't pull that off. Oblivious fool.

... That said, that boon for Anyis was likely a problem for Rania, as the female Navi could hear her real-world counterpart's voice weaken over the hair matter. Unlike Mill, Anyis was not too blind to notice Rania's various futile attempts to catch her Operator's attention. At the rate that had been going and was likely to continue at, Anyis was probably going to have to sit the girl down for a one-on-one talk at some point. As reluctant as she was to intervene in someone's romantic issues, let alone someone chasing her own Operator, luck would have it that Anyis was the most qualified to do so. Rather, she was the only one here with any romantic experience to speak of, and if Rania kept going on with these misguided ventures... "Hahhh... So troublesome..."

After audibly sighing again, Anyis came to terms with the fact that all those thoughts of hers just killed her mood. "All this beating around the bush isn't fun anymore... Let's just get to the point. MeleeMan, meet Cryos." announced Anyis, before snapping her fingers. The ethereal guardian spirit burst back into view almost instantly, his body of blue flames flickering through the gaps in his white armor. Standing just as tall as Magna next to him, Cryos lifted one hand up at Anyis's will and patted MeleeMan's helmet. A thin layer of frost swept across the scalp of his headgear as soon as the cold fire made contact, quickly erasing any potential doubts about Cryos being Anyis's servant. "We're ready to go whenever you are, brainy." added Anyis at the end, not waiting for MeleeMan to react.
"Excellent!" NervousMan was clearly anxious to get the show on the road, what with all the unquestionably sciencey stuff that the test was about. He certainly didn't bat an eye at anything else that went on. "Well then, all aboard!" ...All aboard? All aboard on what?

The answer soon became clear as an elevator door rose from the platform behind the brainy Navi, who promptly opened it and stepped inside. "Let's head for somewhere a little cooler, shall we?" Admittedly, being a giant nervous system was probably not good for when one was in extreme environments.

Once everyone was inside and the doors closed, NervousMan materialized a handkerchief, and wiped his brow (or whatever passed for it), removing sweat from it. Exactly how that even worked would probably be impossible to explain beyond 'internet magic!'. "Ah, this is much better! But I'm afraid we won't be comfortable for long...when I said cooler, I meant it, you see." The elevator came to a stop, and its door opened, revealing...

...A winter wonderland, with lots of ice and snow. The background even had giant snowmen and igloos to give it that extra feel. Unfortunately, any mood was instantly killed by the hoard of viruses there to welcome them. Some looked normal enough: a yellow ShellGeek, a green Shrimpy, a purple ColdBear...two others would look new to most, though. One looked almost humanoid, but lacked a head, and instead had two big eyes on its chest. The other was a missile-shaped penguin with a propeller on its beak. "You can tell the ShellNerd, Shrimpy2, and ColdBear2 easily enough, I'm sure. The ones that look like a little man is called CrazyRazy, and the penguins are called Peng. Let's just say that they're a step up from NeoMetool and TackleFire! On the plus side for you, there aren't any gimmicks like the catwalk here. It's just a straight up battle!"

With that, the sciencey Navi twitched his way out of the elevator, and onto a large platform that was mysteriously devoid of all solidified water. "I'll be...somewhere warmer...watching you. Good luck!" Part of the platform rose from beneath his feet, taking him somewhere...warmer, like he said. The floor reset itself afterward, leaving the Navis and SPs to do their thing...

--- FRIGID FOES ---
CrazyRazyA: 80 HP
CrazyRazyB: 80 HP
PengA: 190 HP
PengB: 190 HP
ShellNerd: 140 HP (IronBody)
Shrimpy2: 180 HP
ColdBear2: 300 HP

--- SEMI-FRIGID NAVIS ---
MeleeMan: 340 HP
Anyis: 260 HP

--- SPS THAT SHOULDN'T BE LICKED, ESPECIALLY HERE ---
Damascus: 70 HP
Magna: 100 HP

--- NOT YELLOW TERRAIN ---
20% Normal (middle of the area; all Navis and SPs are here)
30% Snow (ring around Normal area; all viruses are scattered throughout here)
50% Ice (beyond Snow area)

- BATTLE TWO, READY
+ TRY NOT TO FREEZE UP
= GO
"Two things, Cryos," MeleeMan responded with a deep frown. He slowly lifted his hand and raised two meaty fingers. "One: you're too damn cold. Two: no dudes touch my helmet, okay?" With that out of the way, he turned his frown back to Anyis and softened it up a bit. "Real warriors don't need eyesight anyways. You can fight with bangs in your eyes if you practice; that's nothing."

"I disagree. History holds very little record of blind warriors, even net history. Most fighters consider fighting blind a losing situation," Damascus pitched in. "I hold my bangs away from my eyes to prevent this very situation."

"So what? What about when you turn into a sword? You don't have eyes then," her master countered, crossing his thick arms across his chest.

"That is something else entirely. A warrior can't match the instinct of a blade created for one purpose," Damascus offered, then fell silent, as if that cryptic statement answered the question completely to her satisfaction.

MeleeMan shrugged and decided to drop the subject. Besides, there was something much more pressing to address: he hadn't caught much of what NervousMan had been going on about, but suddenly, everything was cold as hell (and MeleeMan firmly believed that if there was a hell, it would be cold). "What is this all of a sudden? Giant cold fire monsters, snow everywhere, ice viruses... am I on some kind of hidden camera show?! I guess after we left heaven, we were bound to end up in hell..."

"... Whose idea of heaven is a lava pit surrounded by metools and spikies?" Rania asked, tilting her head. "Anyways, I'm going to go ahead and send you some AreaGrabs, since that's a given. What else could you use?"

"A thicker coat," MeleeMan grumbled, trying to keep his teeth from chattering. In a situation like this, though, all he could count on to warm himself up was himself. Although he wouldn't mind having Anyis warm him up a little... Anyis was still warm in situations like this, wasn't she? "No, don't need a boner in this situation... What I need is AnyisCross!" he thought. He was over whatever misgivings he had about using it; there were a lot of things he'd suffer for the sake of his pride, but the cold was just about to drive him crazy. "There's even frost building up on my helmet," he thought to himself, not realizing that was from his friend's SP.

AnyisCross proved easier to summon up than ever before; as if on command, his black coat turned into the white, hooded jacket he associated with the cross. Still oblivious to the penguins on the back, he crossed his arms again, this time in satisfaction, and let out bursts of steam from his gauntlets. The steam gradually became slower, more viscous, and yet also more transparent. Soon enough, the gaunts were full of ghosts! "I'm not normally for copying other people's crap, but if it works, it works," he smirked. "I wonder if a ghost protein supplement would be any good..."

"It's not a ghost protein supplement, but I think I know how to help you through this battle. I can see you looking at those penguin missiles already, and I know you're the one most suited to tango with penguins right now, but a head-on assault would not be the right way to do it," Rania warned him.

MeleeMan didn't catch the meaning of "one most suited to tango with penguins," but that didn't bother him next to the notion that a head-on assault could be the wrong way to tackle the situation. "I was thinking it'd be great just to bust up their stupid propellers with my fists," he half asserted, half admitted.

"Well, no! Don't do it that way. If you use AreaGrab, you can get behind them and attack them without facing those propellers," she offered. "Even with armor on your hands, you need to play it with at least a little safety..."

"Alright, fine," he groaned. "Time for a ghost jump!" She had a moment to question what he meant by that before MeleeMan shot into the air, in exactly the same manner as he usually executed his jumps. The only difference was that he was spewing a trail of shrieking banshees behind himself instead of loud jetfire. The volume was about the same, but the visuals were a little different. He landed back behind the penguins (assuming they hadn't moved too much) and stuck out one Magbolt arm towards each of them. One of the arms seemed a little less impressive than the other; he shook it a bit, then surrounded it by ghosts. "That'll do," he smirked, assuming the ghosts would have some sort of positive effect on his damage output, then activated the magnets.

After attempting to draw the viruses in, he would reach forward with two scooping fists and attempt to smack the viruses in their delightfully smooth penguin underbellies. With any luck, that would flip them both into the air and cause them to explode mid-air in an immensely satisfying explosion that he would keep his back to, making it even more satisfying. "Beyond that, though... I won't forgive a virus that hides in some stupid shell!" he roared, executing another pounce towards the hidden ShellNerd.

Once he'd closed the distance, MeleeMan raised both fists into the air, forming an overhead club. As if that wasn't enough, ghosts began to pump out of his gauntlets and encircle the fists. As if that still wasn't enough (and also as if to make fun of Anyis), the ghosts began to light on fire, surrounding his fists in a stream of flailing red spirits. "That ought to do!" he laughed, then brought the whole package down atop his opponent. If that missed, he was going to have some serious backing to his "stationary targets get in your head" theory.

In the mean time, although she had a bad feeling about it, Damascus figured that helping out against the strange, headless viruses would probably be a good idea. Ever since adopting her weakened SP form, she had some hesitation jumping head-first into a group of unknown viruses. She glared at them with her ominous red eyes, studying their details and making up her mind. Her thirst for blood won out and she adopted her nodachi blade shape. She spun midair momentarily, first slow, then gradually gaining speed. Once she had enough, she whipped herself towards the viruses with the hopes of cleaving them in two.

MeleeMan
1) Activate AnyisCross (change to Aqua/Melee, +20 HP, +1 action, +15 to aqua damage)
*) Ghost Infusion A (20 strengthen to next attack)
2) AreaGrab behind Pengs (Teleport + Accuracy UP)
3) Magbolt1 @ PengA (110 boosted elec melee + stun + magnetic pull, boosted A+ accuracy)
4) Magbolt2 @ PengB (110 elec melee + stun + magnetic pull, boosted A+ accuracy)
5) AreaGrab to ShellNerd (Teleport + Accuracy UP)
*) Ghost Infusion B (20 strengthen to next attack)
*) Red Rage (30 strengthen to next attack)
6) GolemHit1 @ ShellNerd (190 boosted damage melee + break + panel crack + wide attack, boosted A+ accuracy)

Damascus
*) Variable subtype debuff @ CrazyRazyA (24 buff-based debuff)
1) Steel Skin (1 turn ironbody)
2) StepSword @ CrazyRazy group (120 damage + slashing + wide attack + teleport, S accuracy)
Anyis thought about explaining Cryos's conditions to MeleeMan, but no, it would definitely be more entertaining to let him continue expecting two-way conversations with a puppet. It probably would've done her and everyone else well to unsummon Cryos for the next ride on the service elevator, but Anyis did nothing of the sort, increasing the tally of bodies to 3 Navis, 2 very heavy SPs, and 1 giant flaming spirit. The load capacity wasn't any more stressed than last time since Cryos by default was weightless, but it was a bit crowded... and cold. Confined spaces tended to get cold with Cryos around.

But then, it turned out that the climate was already pretty cold with or without Anyis's servant as the elevator stopped at an expansive winter biome. "Ohh, that feels nice..." sighed Anyis contently as she walked out into the snow. She could control the temperature around herself, granted, but that was bothersome and nothing felt quite better than the bitter cold biting against her skin... It's just an ice Navi thing, honest. Anyis was so placated by the change in venue that she didn't even mind that NervousMan admitted that the catwalk before was just a gimmick. "You're really underestimating me here... If you give me a field like this to play on, your precious test fight is already over."

She was an ice Navi on a big snow field, after all. "Um... Anyis, I haven't fixed your digging GMO yet." announced Mill hesitantly in response to his Navi's declaration.

"Wha...?" was all Anyis could retort with, because she was totally planning to tunnel through the snow and attack from beneath. She tried to mask the crestfallen look on her face as quickly as possible, but that emotional lapse loosened the reigns on Cryos, who slumped his shoulders to emulate the depression his summoner was feeling. "Well that sucks..."

"Sorry... At least you're still an Aqua Navi, so you have some advantage anyway." apologized Mill, albeit halfheartedly since he had been busting his ass since Anyis's restoration to fix all her stuff.

"True, I didn't bring my Fiery butt down here like someone else." agreed Anyis, who looked over to said someone... only to see him trigger his AnyisCross. She hated seeing that mockery of herself so much. Why did he have to wear a penguin jacket? She hated Pengis! That jacket had been her big issue from the start, but now there was a secondary problem in that MeleeMan's ghost-spewing gauntlets were totally obsolete! Maybe slaying a gigantic demon ghost wasn't enough to get the point across to MeleeMan that she was done with all that? "Hey, MeleeMan! My Cross deserves better than that! I don't deal with ghosts anymore! Did you somehow miss the 11 foot tall walking flame that froze your head over?!" Exaggerated hand motions accompanied Anyis's grumblings, and by exaggerated, it's meant that Cryos mimicked all of her pointing and arm waving with superb precision.

"Anyis, viruses?" interjected Mill, reminding his Navi of the task at hand during her rant.

"Mrr... Yeah, yeah, just gimme something to fight with." muttered Anyis after a less than discrete groan.

"Something. Well, alright, my pick then." shrugged Mill, who selected the Katana out of his virtual folder and transferred its data to Anyis.

The hilt of the long, single-edged blade materialized in her right hand in the next moment. Anyis looked at the oriental sword, looked back at Cryos, and then over towards the viruses. "Guess I'll go cut up the big bear, then... Cryos, we're going." The tone of her voice was still irritated, and with that blunt proclamation, she and her guardian spirit vanished in a sudden and fierce wisp of blue flame.

"Well, there she goes." observed Mill as his Navi exercised her newfound power of teleportation.

"It would likely be inefficient for me to follow the Mother Unit." theorized Magna aloud, weighing his ground speed, the effects of the wintery terrain, and various other factors into the related equation.

"Yeah, probably." agreed Mill.

"..."

"... I will proceed to engage a remaining virus." announced Magna eventually, after the connection between himself and the Operator went dead silent.

"Good plan. I'm here if you need anything." replied Mill with a nod, somehow keeping up with the high intensity going on with his digital companions right now.

"Understood, Operator." acknowledged Magna before unceremoniously transforming his hands into cannon mode and pointing the high artillery at the lone Shrimpy. The vents on his arm bracers inhaled air as energy condensed in the twin barrels, before the consistently loud *SH-BOOM* echoed through the wintery wonderland and sent a massive beam of orange energy streaking towards the crustacean virus. The few excess kernels of energy left in the chambers was exhausted out through Magna's arm vents, allowing the golem to then restore his hands to default form and expand his right bracer into its full shield area. Rather than further bother the Operator for the GutPunch, Magna just took a step back and defended while his allies fought.

Back in the world of the spirit summoner, Anyis had warped herself and Cryos right behind the ColdBear's big rear side. The bloom of cold fire produced from the teleportation danced around the two of them wildly, but rather than let it dissipate into itty-bitty little embers like normal, Anyis opted to recycle the blaze. Cryos quickly wrapped the flames born from his own body back around himself, then fed the excess straight into Anyis's Katana. The entire length of the blade was caught ablaze as the tiny popping of ice crystals continuously forming and breaking on the sword's metal sounded off. "Eat this!!" shouted Anyis forcefully as she swung the aflame Katana horizontally across the ColdBear's back, before lifting the sword up over her head and slicing straight down for a second, vertical cut. Anyis then stepped back as the cold fire around her Katana faded, and took a hurried glance around the rest of the battlefield for a status update.

While she had engaged the single largest virus in the ColdBear, MeleeMan had launched himself at those new penguin-missile-things with no concern for what they may be capable of. Given that he was the only one injured in the last fight, Anyis, out of the kindness of her heart, thought to perhaps back him up. "Mill, one more chip. Something at a range."

"Not exactly picky this fight... I shouldn't complain, really." mumbled Mill as he chose the LilCloud on his Navi's behalf and transmitted the portable, lethal rain shower.

"Cryos, make it rain!" commanded Anyis of her guardian, who was more than quick to oblige. Cryos gathered a single pyre of cold fire in his armored hand, only to heave back and chuck it over towards the outer ice and Pengs. The small blue fireball halted in mid-air just above the two viruses, then condensed all the surrounding moisture into dark clouds that opened up into a chilling downpour. Satisfied with seeing the piercing cold rain fall onto the strange virus breed, Anyis keep her distance from the surviving viruses as she and Cryos watched out for any incoming counterattack.

Anyis's Actions:
1) Summon Inversion (Teleport, 2TCD) behind ColdBear2
2) Cold Open (200 Strengthen, 5TCD) @ Self
3) Katana1 (160 damage, Slashing, Wide Attack + 160 damage, Slashing, Long Attack {A}) @ ColdBear2
4) LilCloud (85 Aqua damage {C}, Freeze, Wide Attack, 2 turn duration) @ PengA/PengB
5) Dodge
6) Dodge

Magna's Actions:
1) Core Link Cannon: High Output (200 damage {A}, 5TCD) @ Shrimpy2
--Reinforced Golem's Bracer (Passive 3-Hit Shield)
2) Dodge
3) Dodge

Cooldowns:
Summon Inversion - 2 turns
Cold Open - 5 turns
Core Link Cannon: High Output - 5 turns
As everyone inspected each other to feel things out, a Peng seemed to get the idea of 'hey, if I attack now, I can probably hit them before they have a chance to react', and launched itself in a slight zigzag straight at Magna, apparently also getting the idea of 'a giant purple thing might be a little easier to hit than the others'. It proved to be correct on both counts, and slammed propeller first into the golem (-45). In unrelated news, MeleeMan took on some of his (mission) partner's (former) qualities, and teleported over to penguin missile central. Anyis did the same with the ColdBear.

Unfortunately for the newly icy fighter, it appeared that Peng didn't innately return to their original location, and thus he couldn't quite get in a powerful 1-2 with two immediate explosions. He could get the first, no problem, at least, but the magnetism from the MagBolt just wasn't quite strong enough to get the other one close enough to hit.

Anyis had some issues with virus positioning, as well; as soon as she warped behind the ColdBear, it proceeded to move...backward, right where she was. Upon noticing that there was something behind it, it turned around, and formed an IceCube in front of itself, though the Navi was able to avoid becoming part of that IceCube herself. In response, she slashed the frozen object into bits, and gave the polar bear a nice new scar to go with the ones it already had. Magna had better luck, as while it tried to avoid the incoming strike, the Shrimpy somehow tripped (even though it was floating slightly), and ate cannon blast. SH-BOOM indeed.

MeleeMan then teleported again. Exciting stuff. The ColdBear was none too happy about taking a nice big scratch, and launched another giant ice cube at its attacker...but, since it was so caught up in its own rage, it went sailing wide, eventually stopping right in the middle of the arena, for anyone to use.

Not wanting to be completely left out, Damascus cleaved the CrazyRazy twins right in half with her...swordplay. Yep, their upper and lower portions were completely divided...but, why were the upper portions still moving? The lower parts vanished without a trace, like any other deleted virus, but the body and arms began to hover, as though nothing had happened...though they were highly aware of what happened, and were none too pleased about it. One proceeded to 'thank' the sword SP by punching her, but all it got for its trouble was a sore hand, since ramming one's fist into solid metal was never very smart. But since it still needed vengeance for both being unable to walk and for the throbbing pain in its right hand, it looked around, noticing a certain fist loving Navi, and deciding that he'd do...

MeleeMan was completely unaware of this, as he dropped the hammer on the ShellNerd, annihilating it equally completely. He never saw the halved virus move right behind him and execute the same move...and managed to overestimate its reach and missed, causing it to do a front flip before it could stop itself...

Anyis wrapped up her fun by having her...whatever that thing was...launch frigid rain down on the Peng. It was too quick for it, however, and flew out of the cloud's range.

After watching its friend somehow fail incredibly horribly, the previously docile CrazyRazy glared at its foes, and decided to pummel the one with the giant ice spirit. It raced over and delivered the old one-two at her. The first missed, but the left hook never fails, and struck Anyis right in the cheek bone (-50). That was going on the highlight reel.

--- FRIGID FOES ---
CrazyRazyA: 80 HP (lower body destroyed)
CrazyRazyB: 80 HP (lower body destroyed)
PengA: DELETED
PengB: 190 HP
ShellNerd: DELETED
Shrimpy2: DELETED
ColdBear2: 140 HP

MeleeMan: 360 HP (AnyisCross: Aqua/Melee, +20 HP, +1 action, +15 to Aqua chips) (behind PengA)
Anyis: 210 HP

Magna: 55 HP (3-hit shield)

--- UNMELTABLE OBJECTS ---
FreezeCube: 150 HP (AquaBody)

20% Normal (PengB and Magna are here)
30% Snow (everyone other than ColdBear2 is here)
50% Ice (ColdBear2 is here, though barely)
"Well, it's based on memories of you, or something, right? I can't help it if all of my memories of you involve jackass ghosts instead of uh... that guy," MeleeMan defended, pointing a big finger at Cryo. "Damn, it feels like I just keep burying myself deeper today... How can activating your ally's cross make them angrier at you?! Isn't that against some kind of rules?!" he thought to himself, beginning to get fed up with how difficult it was to please her. "How the hell did that Grants guy put up with this on a daily basis...? It must really be worth it... in the end..."

Thankfully, nothing interrupted his lecherous new daydream as his partners were hit and his SP was made to contemplate the many utterly annoying mysteries of the virus world. "I should have anticipated such a maneuver. Hmph. It's interesting to think that the feudal Electopians envisioned demons who could separate their bodies to avoid attacks from metal weaponry... And here we have viruses on the net, resorting to those same unthinkable monster tactics. Those creatures, impossible to fight and living only in the realm of fantasy, manifest themselves before me on a regular basis," she mused, smiling and closing her eyes.

Rania thought to herself that it sounded like Damascus was trying to put herself on a pedestal above superstitious ancient Electopians, but kept those thoughts to herself. "You two may be okay, but Anyis and Magna have both taken damage. There's no time to sit around!" she goaded the two, slotting in more chips. "W-Well, I guess you can sit around, Damascus... There's not a whole lot more you can do..."

Hearing that sort of took the wind out of the SP's sails, so she glared moodily at MeleeMan and focused on her own defense. After seeing what happened to the others when those Razies got to them, she was not eager to share a slap in the face from a big, flapping metal hand.

MeleeMan watched the CrazyRazies flying around, raising one eyebrow behind his metal visor. "Huh? Damascus, you didn't kill either of those two guys? Wow... at least I got one of mine," he sighed, slumping his shoulders and feeling a little bad for his SP. He straightened back up as he felt her gaze on him, sending a brief shiver up his spine. Thinking on it, did he have a good way to take care of them himself? All of his mobility options had been exhausted and those things looked pretty nimble in the air. "What the hell, I'll blow them out of the air with my gauntlets... Although ripping those things in half like wishbones would be damn satisfying. We can't always have what we want, though," he shrugged, remembering that his allies had already been hit. Taking his time with these guys would likely be a bad idea.

He prepped his gauntlets for a giant heat blast, which felt a little strange, considering they were full of ghosts and not fire. Again he managed to ignite the ghosts into red, wailing ectoplasm, but this time, he didn't focus that energy into a punch. Instead, he tried to catch the CrazyRazy flyers inside a heatwave, released along with a tremendous banshee shriek from his gauntlets. "What's this? A new one, huh?" he asked, noticing that Rania had also sent him an ElecPulse. The spirits inside his gloves gave a louder whine of protest as electricity began to surge through his gauntlets, then released in waves, much as the fire had done. "I'll run the circuit at this rate."

"I figured you might finish up with BronzeFist. That Peng might be tough, but if you charge up your energy, I think you can take him out!" Rania convinced her navi.

Of course, MeleeMan didn't need any convincing; he was more annoyed at the thought that he might ever hit that thing and fail to kill it. The big navi held up one fist, charging his gauntlet with fire. Good so far! Next came another infusion of ghosts... then another... Would that be enough to kill the penguin missile? Still not content, he looked for another source of inspiration. The best he could settle on was Damascus' death glare, the one that said "if you use all that and still can't kill him, then I really should have been the navi and you the SP." MeleeMan wasn't one to entertain that argument, but he would also never allow himself to lose ground in the case that it ever, by some chance, came to occur.

With all of that backing his punch, MeleeMan made one rage-filled / ghost-filled / stubbornness-fueled punch towards the Peng, then trudged to a stop in the snow. If it exploded, great. If not, well, screw it. That aside, he still had a little bit of punch left in that bronze gauntlet, he figured. With that in mind, he backpeddled and threw another punch at one of the CrazyRazies, just in case any had escaped his earlier double element assault.

MeleeMan
1) HeatBreath1 @ CrazyRazy group [80 fire melee + lava panel change + cone attack, boosted B accuracy]
2) ElecPulse1 @ CrazyRazy group [100 elec melee + seeking + glitch + cone attack, boosted B accuracy]
*) Buff from Damascus [24 buff to next attack]
*) Ghost Infusion A [20 strengthen to next attack]
*) Ghost Infusion B [20 strengthen to next attack]
*) Red Rage [30 strengthen to next attack]
3) BronzeFist @ PengB [194 melee + impact + knockback, boosted A accuracy]
4) BronzeFist @ CrazyRazyA [100 melee + impact + knockback, boosted A accuracy]
5) Dodge
6) Dodge

Damascus
*) Variable subtype Buff @ MeleeMan [24 buff]
1) Dodge
2) Dodge
"Kuh... that little..." spat Anyis after the CrazyRazy literally flew out of nowhere to hit her square in the jaw. Being the practiced fighter she was, naturally Anyis clenched her teeth before the blow, but damn if that wasn't annoying still. Coupled with how Magna got bum-rushed, how the ColdBear directly in front of her was still alive, and how just about everything else thusfar had failed miserably, Anyis had plenty of reason to be pissed. Cryos, on the other hand, offered a more objective response to the mild crisis (being non-sentient and all, he wouldn't care). The blue flames that built Cryos's body started flickering outwards in small amounts towards Anyis, with the intent to restore some of the damage the summoner had just taken.

Realizing this, Anyis quickly issued new orders. "No no, Cryos, send that to Magna. He took a harder hit. And Mill, just give me the Elec chips so I can get rid of these jerks."

"But Mother Unit, I do not have high enough priority to warrant-" began Magna, who actually staggered backwards from the impact of the Peng's abrupt charge.

"Just take it!" barked Anyis, cutting off her SP as she telekinetically forced the purifying blue fire over towards Magna. Her impatience was largely fueled by the irritation being punched caused her, but Anyis couldn't help but be bothered also by the wounded but still alive ColdBear looming over her. The Katana in her hand was responsible for the large gash across the virus's body, and Anyis wasn't about to discount the chance of the ColdBear being very mad at her.

"To think you'd request Elec chips... You're really overcoming your fears, Anyis. I'm proud of you." congratulated Mill as he loaded the DollThunder data through his custom PET.

"Wha... Hey! There's a difference between hating electricity and fearing it!" snapped Anyis, despite knowing full-well that her Operator was just teasing. "Feh... Cryos, gauntlet!" With the sword still in her right hand, Anyis thrust her left hand forward and commanded that it be equipped with the armor Cryos was currently sporting. The transfer happened in an instantaneous flash of cold fire, and along with the silver gauntlet came a Scarecrow doll gripped in its palm. With the replica pointed straight at the ColdBear, Anyis quickly gave the doll a squeeze and unleashed a powerful bolt of lightning from its mouth aimed at shooting straight through the lumbering icy virus. "Magna, this one's yours! I'm moving on!"

Anyis immediately discarded the doll after the attack was done and ran off, with Cryos following after her step-for-step. The blue flames wrapped around Magna just finished repairing what they could of his damage, signalling that he was ready and able to take on the ColdBear if it somehow evaded Anyis's DollThunder. "Operator, I am requesting the GutPunch chip for me to engage the Unit ColdBear2 with, as per the command of the Mother Unit." announced Magna just after Anyis abandoned her prior target.

"Uh, okay, but... now you're fine with clean-up duty all of a sudden?" queried Mill uncertainly.

"Speaking from the established data, I currently have disposed of more of the enemy viruses than the Mother Unit. Assisting her in catching up is well within my comfortable bounds."

"... Huh." He was right, actually. Given how poorly that first assault went, the fact that Magna got a clean hit on the Shrimpy vaulted him ahead of both Anyis and Damascus. "Well, alright then. Just keep your shield up, I don't think Anyis's flames could repair you completely." warned Mill as he uploaded the GutPunch.

"Understood, Operator." nodded Magna as his left hand encased itself in heavy yellow armor, displaced there because his shield already took up too much space on his right. As per Mill's instructions, Magna lifted his right forearm up in front of himself as he ran forward towards the ColdBear, ready to intercept any attacks it may throw. Once he got in range, Magna pulled his left arm back around his body to wind up before swinging, attempting to strike the ColdBear square in the jaw just as the Mother Unit had suffered. Granted, that wasn't the ColdBear's fault, but Magna wasn't going to spend all day chasing down those floaty Razy things. To make doubly sure the virus stayed down, Magna punched the ColdBear a second time, going for more of a jab than the hook he had just performed.

After striking twice, Magna took several steps back from his opponent to reinforce his bracer's shield and prepare to dodge. While he did that, Anyis stopped running near the misplaced FreezeCube just long enough to get a sense of what was going on in the battle. "Mill, what's left to fight?"

"Lessee... Aside from the ColdBear, it's just those 'ancient' viruses you're testing for NervousMan. MeleeMan's trying to take them down by himself, so maybe you ought to help him." advised Mill after panning his view around the battlefield.

"Of course... Put the ElecReel on standby, but other than that I'm good." responded Anyis with another chip order.

"Elec again? This doesn't make much sense... Ohhh." said Mill, before something clicked in his mind. "I get it, you're suddenly okay with this because you don't have to touch the chips directly anymo-"

"Oh shut up." countered Anyis quickly, cutting Mill off before he could get away with being right. Now that her gauntlets were finally coded separate from her body, Anyis could let the electricity conduct through the silver metal without actually shocking herself. Hell come to Earth itself before she'd ever admit to having that problem, though. To punctuate the dropping of that subject, Anyis looked over to the nearby FreezeCube and ordered Cryos to punch it full-force at one of those flying CrazyRazies. So, Cryos did just that. With the icy object sailing through the air, Anyis started chasing after the Peng that was giving MeleeMan so much trouble. Immediately, Anyis redirected her LilCloud still in the air to turn around and join in the pursuit of the propeller-equipped penguin, tracing a path for it in the air with her Katana. Once a good opportunity to strike arose, Anyis let MeleeMan unleash his super-buffed BronzeFist first before sending the LilCloud into attack, before then after raising her own Katana and...

... Tossed it straight up in the air. Granted, that was intentional, as Cryos immediately leaped upward behind Anyis to snatch the blade with his still-armored right hand. With a much longer reach than his summoner, Cryos had a much better chance of catching the quick and hard-to-catch Peng with the Katana, thus Anyis commanded him to attack in her stead. His swings of the sword were a bit awkward, admittedly, as both Anyis wasn't super used to controlling him consciously like this and the Katana barely qualified as a shortsword in Cryos's large hand. That said, the Katana wasn't any less sharp than normal, so the chilly spirit's swings packed as much power as if Anyis was the one slashing at the virus.

Since she wasn't tying up her hand with the Katana anymore, though, Anyis turned away from Cryos and the Peng to join MeleeMan in laying further waste to the CrazyRazies. Since it had been uploaded a while ago, Anyis could just summon the ElecReel's launcher herself and attach it to her left gauntlet. Using her bare right hand to frame her target (and while keeping it well away from the hazardous launcher), Anyis pointed the electrical weapon at the... well, the remaining halves of the viruses and fired, sending arcs of high voltage out into the air after the both of them. Once the ElecReel launcher was out of charge, Anyis let it dematerialize while waiting to see if there was more left to this fight.

Anyis's Actions:
--Cryos Compress (30 Heal, Passive) @ Magna
1) DollThunder1 (80 Elec damage {B}, Line Attack 5) @ ColdBear2
--Boogey Cryos (Passive Microburst): Hit FreezeCube into CrazyRazyB (150 Aqua damage {B})
2) Chase PengB (Movement)
--LilCloud (85 Aqua damage {C}, Freeze, Wide Attack) @ PengB
3) Katana1 (60 damage, Slashing, Wide Attack + 60 damage, Slashing, Long Attack {B}) @ PengB
4) ElecReel1 (80 Elec damage {B}, Spread 3 (Side + Behind)) @ CrazyRazyA/B
5) Dodge
6) Dodge

Magna's Actions:
1) GutPunch (70 damage {A}, Impact, Knockback) @ ColdBear2
2) GutPunch (70 damage {A}, Impact, Knockback) @ ColdBear2
3) Dodge

Cooldowns:
Summon Inversion - 1 turn
Cold Open - 4 turns
Core Link Cannon: High Output - 4 turns
Aside from Anyis's guardian healing her SP, a moment passed as absolutely no one made a movement. It was as if everyone was waiting for the other side to make their move first...but eventually, (who else?) MeleeMan launched flaming ghosts at the pair of floating half-viruses. Almost fittingly, he half succeeded, as exactly one of them was toasted. The other just floated there and watched...in other news, the actual icy Navi zapped the wounded polar bear virus into nothingness with a bolt of lightning. Somewhere, other Navis of her element were mourning this. Since he was now lacking in things to actually punch, Magna held back, and raised his shield to defend as necessary.

Continuing his cone based assault, MeleeMan launched an ElecPulse at the remaining CrazyRazy, but it managed to float out of range before he could get close enough. Unfortunately, this left it completely out in the open, and so it was simple enough for a mysterious gust of wind to send the giant ice cube in the middle of the battlefield flying into the air, where it intersected with the flying virus and knocked it out of the sky permanently.

Once again, the manlier of the Navis managed to beat his partner to the punch...literally, as he swung with a fist of pure bronze, enhanced by who knew how many ghosts, and his own anger...and once again, his attack failed, while a woman showed him what an accurate attack looked like. For some reason, however, the fist drew all of the penguin missile's attention, and launched itself at MeleeMan. Luckily, he managed to get out of the way in time. He then tried to hit it again, what with it being the only legitimate target...and somehow managed to miss it AGAIN. Maybe he should've invested in antifreeze for his visor during AnyisCross, since that thing had to be completely covered in ice. It was the only way someone as...practiced as him at punching could do that badly.

To add insult to injury, Anyis's ElecReel finished the Peng off. Yep, he'd lost out to a woman using ranged attacks. That had to sting in the manhood.

Two piles of reward data formed, and in-between them, a note:

Congratulations on your second victory. I suppose that battle was a bit trickier than the first, eh? I'm awaiting you in the next area, so when you're all set, enter the elevator, and it will take you directly here. I eagerly await your arrival.

- NervousMan

An elevator door appeared where it had previously been, giving everyone a way out of the cyber tundra...

--- FRIGID FOES ---
CrazyRazyA: DELETED
CrazyRazyB: DELETED
PengA: DELETED
PengB: DELETED
ShellNerd: DELETED
Shrimpy2: DELETED
ColdBear2: DELETED

MeleeMan: 360 HP (AnyisCross: Aqua/Melee, +20 HP, +1 action, +15 to Aqua chips)

Magna: 85 HP (3-hit shield)

20% Normal (PengB and Magna are here)
30% Snow (everyone other than ColdBear2 is here)
50% Ice (ColdBear2 is here, though barely)

=== BATTLE TWO, COMPLETE ===

Rewards:
- MeleeMan: 2000z, 34 BugFrags, 5 FXP
- Anyis: 2000z, 34 BugFrags, 5 FXP
"Rania, I think this fist you bought is bootleg or something. Or... cursed? Anyways, isn't this the same chip that missed that metool last battle? Why the hell can't I hit anything with it?!" MeleeMan inquired in an exasperated, secretive whisper/growl.

"Maybe we need to think about switching your headgear?" Rania asked, but MeleeMan just crossed his arms and literally spat at the idea.

"That's stupid. Look at Damascus over there; she doesn't wear a helmet and she still missed both of her targets. Maybe NervousMan drugged us or something?" he asked, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

Damascus had a pretty valid reason for missing hers, but Rania decided to keep that to herself. "Maybe you just need to take your time a little more? You and Anyis always make these things into a competition, racing to beat each other to the kills. If you two took it a little slower, it might help... Anyways, I am positive you are not drugged. I am still a little worried about NervousMan, though. These ancient viruses seem pretty dangerous and don't seem to have any qualms attacking NP officers. It's almost like developing bio-weapons in real life."

"I'm more concerned that they can't do jack. You hear me, NervousMan? Why don't we stop playing around? Send out the big guns so we can torch em and bring you back to the NP!" hebellowed at their hidden employer. He obviously hadn't felt that slap in the face Anyis had. "At any rate, I'm outta this room," he shivered, suddenly aware that he'd turned back to normal. Despite having a heavy jacket and fire in his armor, he was somehow feeling the cold worse than he had been while utilizing the cross.

"Indeed. Extreme colds are no good for a blade," Damascus concurred, following him out.

MeleeMan kept his arms crossed, moving slowly do that he and Anyis could keep pace. With just the two of them, two ops, and two nearly inanimate SPs, there wasn't all the conversation generated that he was used to, when Djinni or Seraphim were also around. As it turned out, having only Anyis around made for pretty tough company... And pretty awkward battling, at least on his part. It had been awkward back in the desert too, but in a different way. "Damn... If I had been fighting like this back when you needed me or back when that Bloodhound guy attacked Rania, I wouldn't be worth a crap," he muttered to himself. He thought about asking what Grants had been like when it came to fighting, but had just enough of a scrap of tact to know that "am I sucking worse than your dead husband right now" was a bad idea.

A change of conversation was probably in order. "Hey, once you're a cop, I'm not going to follow any of your orders unless you wear a miniskirt. Administrative women wear them in movies, right? You'd stick out wearing that," he suggested, feeling that this was a reasonable topic to pursue for whatever reason.
"Trickier?" echoed Anyis from the note's words. "You're supposed to be testing these viruses, not us! Are you even studying anything anymore?!"

"It is weird to think of what the NetPolice would gain from restoring extinct viruses..." thought Mill aloud, echoing Rania's sentiments. "Though, the mission objectives made it sound like the main office didn't know what NervousMan was researching. If they don't condone what's happening here, our job may turn into shutting this lab down... perhaps forcefully."

"That sounds very, very appealing." responded Anyis, not mincing any words with her vote as she, Magna, and Cryos joined the others on the elevator. It was very fortunate that this was a large service elevator, as just about nothing less would be able to accommodate both 11 foot tall giants. MeleeMan, the next tallest body, seemed to be brooding over some matter or another, but decided to speak to Anyis anyway once she got settled on the wide platform. Naturally, he said something dumb.

"A miniskirt? Why would I... Hmm." Anyis's initial response was incredulous, as would be expected, but she then paused for a moment before a coy grin spread across her face. "What, are you that interested in my legs? I'm no Djinni, certainly... They're so much slimmer, the curves are so much more subtle..." Every word out of her mouth came out more methodically than the last, following the pace set by Anyis's single extended finger as she ran it down the side of her thigh. Once that fingertip reached as far as her arm's length would go, Anyis brought it back up in a meandering zig-zag, gliding the edge of her nail against the texture of her blue bodysuit.

Mill buried his face in the palm of his hand about halfway through, as while it was obvious that she was trying to aggravate MeleeMan, this Operator was getting a little... anxious too. This was not a problem he wanted to have with Rania sitting right next to him.
"Well, I can't argue with that, but I'm pretty sure that a miniskirt isn't going to help. You can try it if you want-it'd be interesting to see if viruses are susceptible to such...desires-but I wouldn't count on it." Luckily for Mill, the Navi equivalent of a cold shower, NervousMan, was right there on the other side of the doorway. It appeared that the elevator doors had been open since right before Anyis opened her mouth. "...Hmm. There was something I wanted to tell you, but it seems I lost my train of thought. Oh well, I suppose it wasn't too important. Anyway, here's what you'll be up against this time." The brainy Navi stepped aside, giving everyone a clearer view of the battlefield...

...This WAS a battlefield, right? In the background, strange turbines spun around and around, gears ground...it was almost looked like some sort of factory. Half of the floor was pristine, normal tiling...the other half almost looked like giant orange glowing popsicle sticks. They seemed to be in horizontal stripes, with the area in front of the elevator being regular terrain. Various viruses dotted the area, as well as-wait a sec, were those Navis? What appeared to be four green men were scattered around; two appeared to have shields and guns, and the other two were rather big and appeared to be holding track-and-field hammers.

"Well then, let me introduce the new foes. They look like Navis, and in a few ways act like them, but they're simply humanoid viruses. The ones with shields are called SniperJoe, and the large ones are called KnuckleJoe. I'd say they're some of the trickier viruses I'm collecting data on, but considering how few scratches you've taken thus far, I'm sure it's nothing you can't handle. Hmm, what else...ah, yes. Pay close attention to the floor here. The tiles are nothing special, but those orange pathways are special, in that they increase gravity above them. So, I wouldn't try to fly over them or anything. In fact, it's probably harder to so much as walk if you're standing on one. I'm sure that sounds bad, but remember, the viruses are every bit as affected by them as you are." The cerebral Navi stopped for a moment, though his brain was beginning to spark. "...No, I still don't remember what I wanted to say earlier. That's really going to gnaw on me until I recall..." The panel he stood on suddenly raised high into the air, where he could directly keep tabs on everything, though a replacement appeared so that there were no (possibly) bottomless holes. So now it was just the two Melee Navis, their SPs, and a bunch of viruses that sought destruction, while a giant brain stem watched their every move for science stuff. Fun times. The KnuckleJoes began to swing their hammers around themselves, signaling that the 20XX track and field meet had begun...

--- ANTI-APPLE VIRUSES ---
SniperJoeA: 170 HP (shielded) (High Gravity)
SniperJoeB: 170 HP (shielded) (High Gravity)
KnuckleJoeA: 250 HP (swinging hammer) (Normal)
KnuckleJoeB: 250 HP (swinging hammer) (Normal)
Megalian-F2: 190 HP (80 HP FireAura) (Normal)
Metool2: 100 HP (High Gravity)
Beetank2: 160 HP (Normal)
TuffBunny: 100 HP (Normal)

--- VARIABLE MASS NAVIS ---
MeleeMan: 360 HP (Normal)
Anyis: 210 HP (Normal)

--- GRAVITATIONALLY CHALLENGED SPS ---
Damascus: 70 HP (Normal)
Magna: 85 HP (Normal)

--- HEAVY TERRAIN ---
50% Normal (5 strips of 10% each)
50% High Gravity (5 strips of 10% each)

Black - Navis and SPs
Light Green - SniperJoe
Dark Green - KnuckleJoe
Light Blue - TuffBunny
Dark Blue - Beetank2
Dark Red - Mettaurool2
Gray - Megalian-F2
"Don't flatter yourself! An office girl just needs to wear a miniskirt, alright?" MeleeMan barked in response, although behind his visor, his eyes were watching the finger tracing Anyis' thigh even more intently than she was moving it. "But I mean, if you DO wear one, that's okay, okay? It wouldn't be like doing what I want you to, it'd be like, uh... doing it just because, unrelated to this. So you might as well," he coughed, not sure what combination of words to use to actually result in Anyis wearing a miniskirt to her job.

Rania watched with an irritable frown, aggravated both that her navi would go on so excitedly about a girl in a miniskirt, but even more frustrated that Anyis was egging him on. Even worse than that was when she turned her head a bit and noticed that Mill was buying into it too. Her face turned to a look of shock, then quickly back to normal as she swung it back to her PET, so as not to be seen staring. "If he wanted a miniskirt, why does he care about a navi wearing one?! I'm just as good and... and mini-skirts don't get any minier than the one I'm wearing!" she sobbed inwardly.

"You're lookin' a little beat, Rania, but it's way too early to tire out now. Who knows how much more nonsense this guy has planned for us? Viruses are everywhere, right? He could have gotten or made crates full of those things to use, cause they're like damn rabbits, repopulating or whatever. Gotta be, with how many there are out there," MeleeMan explained, raising one palm up and shaking it idly, as if he was spelling out some really simple concept. He suddenly stopped speaking, realizing that NervousMan was talking and he hadn't even been listening. "Run that by me again, Pinky? Why're we fighting navis this time?"

"They aren't navis," Damascus offered, seeing that Rania was still dealing with her own personal turmoil. "Those 'Joes' are more of the resurrected ancient viruses."

"Ah! Well, if anyone's going to pound a guy named KnuckleJoe, it's me. If his knuckles were so great, he wouldn't have gone extinct, would he have? Gonna go teach him what real knuckles are about... that ignorant piece of crap, running around with a name like that," MeleeMan smirked, pounding his fists together. He'd be happy so long as he didn't miss any more attacks against the guys, cause wow, was he on a losing streak today. "Give me all the FireHits you got, Rania; we're going to show these freaks what real knuckles look like!"

"I think you're thinking about it a little too hard, myself," Rania sighed, still feeling despirited. "It's just their name, they're clearly going to attack you with hammers..."

"That just makes it worse!" he roared, plunging into the sky in a stream of flames. He saw the KnuckleJoes swinging their hammers, keeping in mind that falling into that would be a most terrible idea, and landed what he hoped was just outside of that swing radius. Once he was there, he ducked his shoulders low and pointed both fists out. He was aware that Damascus was giving him a glare again, probably for getting so hung up on the knuckle thing; that only strengthened his resolve to pummel the two viruses. Working his fists back and forth, one fiery punch after another, he swung his arms left and right, trying to knock the spit out of the ancient viruses. He ended on an especially hot punch that causes his gloves to overheat and expel smoke, indicating to him that he must be out of FireHit. He was in a sort of a bad spot now; if the guys were still alive, he was probably going to get a hammer in the face right now... and there were viruses on all sides, besides those. "Hey Damascus, thin out those viruses a bit, would you?"

"Certainly; you needn't even ask. But with the viruses so spread out, I can only do so much. And I'm not venturing onto that strange terrain just yet... The idea of being dragged down to earth mid-spin is not especially appealing," she reminded him. She had a feeling that he hadn't ventured further in for worry of that same issue, but it was just a hunch. Doing her usual routine, she raised her arms and transformed into a long-bladed nodachi, then accelerated into a spin. As if animated by a poltergeist, the blade flew out towards its target, hopefully quick enough to minimize the effect of the virus' renowned evasiveness.

MeleeMan
1) AreaGrab behind KnuckleJoes [Teleport + Accuracy UP]
2) FireHit2 @ KnuckleJoeA [115 fire melee + impact, boosted A++ accuracy]
*) Buff from Damascus to next attack [+24 buff]
3) FireHit2 second attack @ KnuckleJoeA [139 fire melee + impact, boosted A++ accuracy]
4) FireHit2 @ KnuckleJoeB [115 fire melee + impact, boosted A++ accuracy]
*) Red Rage @ next attack [+30 strengthen]
5) FireHit2 second attack @ KnuckleJoeB [145 fire melee + impact, boosted A++ accuracy]

Damascus
*) Variable subtype buff @ MeleeMan [24 buff]
1) Steel Skin [1 turn ironbody]
2) StepSword @ TuffBunny [120 damage + slashing + wide attack + teleport, S accuracy]
"Hmm... Nope." answered Anyis, responding to both MeleeMan and NervousMan in the same manner. "If I wore a miniskirt, I'd have to find a different top, and that's way too much trouble. Besides, my robe tails out just as short as a miniskirt, so what's the difference?" she explained, twirling around once to let the hem of her robe flutter about as proof. Anyis had thought to repress Cryos's movements when she was trying to fluster MeleeMan, but her focus slipped as she spoke, and that allowed her guardian spirit to copy the girlish spin in strange fashion.

"Miniskirts usually fit a bit... tighter than your robe does... Ahem." answered Mill, inserting a feigned cough at the end to turn attention away from his words. With Rania giving him a strange look, Mill hurriedly looked for something else to talk about. "Um... Did you mean for Cryos to copy your pirouette?"

"Huh?" responded a confused Anyis, before turning around to face her blue flaming giant. She stared at him rather intensely for a few seconds, though to little result as Cryos remained completely motionless. "Ugh... This is really hard when I'm conscious of it." sighed Anyis once it was clear she didn't have a great grip on moving Cryos on his own yet. As if to illustrate the problem, Cryos placed his armored hand over his helmet as Anyis ran a hand through her hair in frustration.

"Mother Unit, perhaps the Unit Cryos should be withdrawn until these communication errors can be resolved. It would be less than optimal for the Mother Unit to be supported by an accessory Unit that does not follow your commands." suggested Magna quickly, perhaps with an ulterior motive to remove his new competitor for the Mother Unit's attention.

Anyis met her SP's suggestion with a dumbfounded look, as she couldn't believe Magna would say that and call her Mother Unit in the same sentence. "You are some kind of guy..." she sighed in her momentary depression, before putting her mind to the task at hand and transferring Cryos's supply of healing flames over to MeleeMan, who was the worst off from the previous test battle. "Just get ready to fight, because this weird flooring is making me think this one's going to be extra annoying." Anyis's patience with NervousMan's experience was quickly wearing thin, and the tone of her voice was making it show.

"Understood, Mother Unit." nodded Magna, completely letting Anyis's frustrations with his hypocrisy sail over his helmet-clad head. Without hesitation, he expanded the vented bracer around his arm into a full shield, before turning his attention on the one virus that was on the same strip of terrain as the group of Navis and SPs. Why the Beetank thought it was a good idea to cross enemy lines... or rather, it was probably just NervousMan forcibly putting the poor bomb-spitter in a precarious situation for the sake of scientific data. That jerk. How could Magna save the Beetank from such cruel...

*SH-BOOM*

... Well, that's just how things were at the end of the day. SP versus virus, the natural order of the digital plane... maybe. Magna transformed his hands into cannon mode, and unleashed his powerful beam of core energy towards the Beetank before it could even tell the time of day.

"That's never going to get any quieter, is it?!" asked Anyis in a shout over the ground-shaking sound of Magna's beam cannon firing, as she and Cryos covered their ears for protection. Given that his bucket of a helmet probably acted just as well as ear mufflers (lord knows most words flew straight over his head regardless), MeleeMan didn't seem much bothered by the noise as he AreaGrabbed deep into the mixed terrain stripes and enemy ranks. "Get yourself surrounded is a great plan... Ugh, no choice then. Mill, start sending chips."

"Alright, but uh... I don't think you're going to be able to keep both yourself and Cryos on those narrow gaps in the orange terrain." warned Mill before loading a pair of chips from his virtual folder.

"I'll figure something out..." replied Anyis simply as the orange light of Magna's barrier unexpectedly surrounded her. "...?"

"The Mother Unit should be well-defended when entering a disadvantageous situation." explained Magna as he completed the casting of his barrier from the vents on his arms. Interestingly, the orange field of energy only surrounded the Mother Unit, indicating that the Unit Cryos could only mimic the Mother Unit's actions, not replicate anything. It's not like the ethereal guardian spirit needed a solid defense, anyway.

"Couldn't hurt." thought Anyis aloud as she engulfed herself in Cryos's blue flame and... whoops, other side of the battlefield. A second burst of cold fire erupted on the backmost line of Normal terrain as Anyis and Cryos re-emerged behind the lone Metool2. The both of them had their arms raised high up in the air, with a large swirl of fire between Cryos's hands forming a sizable chunk of ice. Anyis threw her arms down, and in his imitation, Cryos hurled the comet-like flaming IceBall over his summoner's head into the High Gravity terrain, where it would further hurtle towards the Metool2 that the burning spirit completely towered over.

Now, between, Anyis, her barrier, Cryos, and the momentum needed to throw that big lump of ice, Anyis found herself quickly running out of space on her claimed strip of Normal terrain and shifting towards the High Gravity instead. "Oh crap oh crap oh crap, uh... Cryos, full equip!" exclaimed Anyis, commanding her guardian to do... well, she didn't really know what she was asking. Cryos made sense of it either way, thankfully, as he up and disappeared entirely, giving Anyis some room to breath on her safe ground. In the stead of Cryos, Anyis was now decked out in a full set of silver armor much in the style of her usual gauntlets. Apparently all this gear wrote itself to a GMO file during Anyis's upgrade procedure, as Mill's PET was now giving him notice of the AttackMerge GMO activating. While she totally wanted to take a moment to admire her new armor, Anyis was well aware that she was still knee-deep in this virus battle, so instead she turned and took off down the Normal line towards the Megalian on the other side. Streaks of cold fire followed her along as she ran, emitting from the various ice crystals set into the armor, most notably from the large cluster set into the back of her chestpiece. Without much room to maneuver on the narrow line between the High Gravity panels, Anyis had to get creative with her evasion to keep the Megalian from having an easy straight shot at her. Thankfully, controlling the crystal booster on her back wasn't all that different from her DropDown-triggered ice wings, so halfway to her target, Anyis ignited the blue propulsion to feint side-to-side and try to shake off the aura-clad virus's aim. It only took an instant for her to close the remaining distance, and with that done Anyis enveloped her armored right hand in roaring cold fire in tune with her trusty ColdPunch chip. Without a moment's pause, Anyis carried her forward momentum into her fist and swung it straight towards the Megalian, with the ColdPunch primed to rip through the virus's Fire aura like butter. After completing her attack, Anyis turned her attention to evading attacks as best as she could on the narrow line of Normal, while Magna did the same back at the front end of the battlefield.

Anyis's Actions:
--Cryos Compress (30 Heal, Passive) @ MeleeMan
1) Summon Inversion (Teleport, 2TCD) on Normal between Megalian-F2 and Metool2
--Bash (Add Impact to):
2) IceBall2 (185 Aqua damage {B}, Break, Impact) @ Metool2
--Equip AttackMerge.GMO
3) Approach Megalian-F2 (Feint)
4) ColdPunch (95 Aqua damage {A}, Impact, Knockback) @ Megalian-F2
5) Dodge
6) Dodge

Magna's Actions:
1) Core Link Cannon: High Output (200 damage {A}, 5TCD) @ Beetank2
2) Core Field (120 HP Barrier, 3TCD) @ Mother Unit
3) Dodge

Cooldowns:
Summon Inversion - 2 turns
Core Link Cannon: High Output - 5 turns
Core Field - 3 turns
Despite being the start of an undoubtedly vicious battle, healing was the first order of business, as MeleeMan was cleansed in body, mind, and spirit with cold fire...but mostly body. One shielding and SH-BOOM later, the Beetank2 was no more...or would have been, but it had the sense to dodge now and ask questions later. Unhappy that its friend was just mercilessly near deleted, the TuffBunny shot an electrical ring from its ears at the assailant, but it proved blinded by rage, and missed horribly.

Meanwhile, MeleeMan warped over by the KnuckleJoes, who appeared to do absolutely nothing as they were repeatedly punched at...unless one looked closely, as then one would notice that the chains to their hammers were a bit longer, as they adjusted their grip with surprising sublety. MeleeMan took their cue, however, and somehow managed to avoid the giant steel ball as he punched the first one's lights out. This did give the second KnuckleJoe a chance to prepare itself for the onslaught, and as a result, MeleeMan took a pair of balls to the face before he felled the other poorly named virus (40 x 2).

To this point, the SniperJoes had been eerily still. However, they were simply getting a bead on their targets, and launched a pair of trio of shots at the men of the group. Magna managed to get out of the way in time, while MeleeMan's poor helmet was forced to weather another pair of headshots (15 x 2). Despite lacking faces, it was extremely obvious that the viruses were quite unpleased at the lack of successful hits.

Anyis finally got in on the action, and got both protection and warping as she moved on to handle the almighty Met before her. The pickaxe wielder actually managed to get the jump on her, but the teleport startled it too much, and the resulting shock wave was wide of, well, anything it possibly could've hit. It was then uncerimoniously smashed by an IceBall, which had the bonus of turning the immediate area into ice.

The SniperJoe had a mini-conference, eventually deciding that they'd try their attacks again...on each other's targets. As a result, more barrages were fired at MeleeMan and Magna. MeleeMan was a bit lucky, only getting hit once (15), but Magna had apparently covered himself in rabbit's foot oil and four leaf clover juice before the battle, as every single blast that went his way sailed over his head. The viruses stood where they were, taking a moment to soak in at how terribly they had just done. Even they couldn't believe how bad that had gone.

Oh, and the Megalian-F and TuffBunny were dispatched by the ladies, but come on. A virus called SNIPERJOE managed to miss a giant purple golem. Three times. In a row. And it was trying to hit. Anything short of deleting a LifeVirus would just be anticlimactic after that.

SniperJoeA: 170 HP (shielded) (High Gravity)
SniperJoeB: 170 HP (shielded) (High Gravity)
KnuckleJoeA: DELETED
KnuckleJoeB: DELETED
Megalian-F2: DELETED
Metool2: DELETED
Beetank2: 160 HP (Normal)
TuffBunny: DELETED

MeleeMan: 275 HP (Normal)
Anyis: 210 HP (Normal) (Barrier120) (ColdPunch: 5 uses)

Damascus: 70 HP (Normal) (IronBody)
Magna: 85 HP (Normal) (3-hit shield)

--- HEAVY TERRAIN ---
50% Normal (5 strips of 10% each)
49% High Gravity (5 strips of 10% each; 4th strip is 9%)
1% Ice (where Metool2 was)

Red - MeleeMan
Gray - Damascus
Blue - Anyis
Purple - Magna
Light Green - SniperJoe
Dark Blue - Beetank2
Rania watched in horror as her navi was beaten like a slab of meat in a rags-to-riches flick about an amateur boxer, while also aghast at how her PET would pick a time like this to malfunction: MeleeMan's vitality seemed to still be just about in the green area. She was almost certain she had heard bones snapping... or perhaps her mind was playing tricks on her, saying: "he's getting hit in the face by steel weights, thrown or otherwise cudgeled by unknown viruses. OF COURSE his bones are breaking!"

When it was over, however, MeleeMan just rubbed the back of his helmet, more like he was feeling for a dent than for a skull fracture. Some dents were clearly present. He paused and felt at his nose, then used both hands to set his jaw right. "Damn, that got kind of annoying for a second there. It's like being on the wrong side of a pitching machine," he grumbled.

"Hmm... That sort of endurance is actually worthy of praise," Damascus noted, nodding slowly. MeleeMan looked hopeful for a moment, but she then shook her head. "It's always a shame to see immortality wasted on useless creatures unfit for the accumulation of any accolades. You're like a cockroach."

"Yeah, well, at least my hair doesn't make me look like one," he grumbled, feeling pretty sore now that he thought about it. His pain tolerance was pretty high but he knew his face must look like he just escaped a trainwreck. Still, if he had to do it again, would he do it any different? "Hell yeah... If I timed it just right, I could get my arms through the swing if those chains and hit them without taking damage, no problem!" he thought to himself, unwilling to modify any part of his straightforward strategy. "Anyway, if those guys were no good, no way am I letting some jackass named Sniper get away with hitting me. Give me another of those AreaGrabs and we'll see if they have shields on their backs too," he smirked. "GolemHit too. We'll finish them off while Anyis gets the other guy."

MeleeMan was lucky to have felt so little from the attack, but he didn't realize he had Cryos to thank for his good health (perhaps short term memory loss, or maybe he'd never learned). He did know, however, that he certainly hadn't deleted all of the viruses that were missing now. As much as he hated to admit it, Anyis, her weird companions that seemed to change every time he saw them, and Damascus all must be pulling their weight in the battle. That meant it was time to show off as much as possible. It'd probably result in another colossal, self-injury-inducing failure, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

First of all, MeleeMan vanished up into the sky with a burst of flames, as he often did. The smogcloud formed a big, upside down U, depositing behind the SniperJoe of his choice, assuming they hadn't moved too far during that split second. Reaching out, he attempted to grab the one on the left; not just grab, but crush slightly, using his hand as a clench. As he was doing that, he reared his other arm upward and expanded his gauntlet, then smashed it into the ground between them like a particularly giant club. With any luck, he'd break the SniperJoe he was holding vertically in half that way.

Of course, he didn't want the remaining Sniper to get away; his other arm was still more or less preoccupied being a giant club and hopefully having one or both viruses trapped beneath it, but he still had one free. Utilizing his amazing muscular strength, he attempted to either lift with one hand or otherwise rip out from beneath the club the Sniper he hadn't grabbed earlier. Locking his jaw, he released his club hand and used it to support the load above his head, steadying it by pressing into its center with one palm. He then fell backwards and shot out his jetstream of fire, intending to fry and break bones at the same time. There was, of course, a middling chance that he'd just grabbed his discarded club instead of the enemy, but no way THAT could happen. No way!

As much fun as it would be to watch her master get hit in the head again, Damascus wasn't enough of a slapstick fan to hope that he would drag the battle out. She'd had her taste of blood and now she was back in recharge mode. "For now, though: duties," she reminded herself with a sigh. Sometimes it was troublesome for her to remember that the only thing binding her to the group was a past servitude to her current operator's grandfather, who she'd always thought was quite a worthy master. Idly, she glared at MeleeMan, which conveniently always made him work a little faster. She drifted to the left and right idly on her toes, prepared to sweep her body if necessary to avoid a hit.

With that finished, MeleeMan slapped his hands together, shooting smoke in all directions. He staggered off to this side with his fists raised, just in case either sniper was planning to try to shoot him in the head or face one more time for the road. Now that the battle was off his mind, he let his eyes wander back over to Anyis, who was a lot of fun to watch these days. Rania rolled her eyes, wondering if MeleeMan and Mill knew they shared something in common.

MeleeMan
1) AreaGrab behind SniperJoes [Teleport + Accuracy UP]
2) Iron Grip @ SniperJoeB [20 melee + hold, boosted A+ accuracy and self-hardbody (1 turn)]
*Red Rage to next attack [30 strengthen]
*Damascus' variable subtype Buff to next attack [24 strengthen]
3) GolemHit1 @ SniperJoeB [164 melee to primary, 170 to nearby target + break + panel break + wide attack, boosted A accuracy]
4) Heatwave Suplex @ SniperJoeA [180 fire melee + stun]
5) Dodge

Damascus
*) Variable subtype Buff to MeleeMan [24 strengthen]
1) Dodge
2) Dodge
"I... think we may have been a little too cautious." admitted Mill after witnessing the offensive failures of this group of viruses. Nevermind Anyis getting hurt, even her BARRIER was unscathed. And Magna... the SniperJoes tried to shoot apart his shield at least, but those two viruses will probably spend the rest of their (short) lives lamenting the embarrassment suffered in those horrendously astray bullets. "MeleeMan took all the heat for you by drawing the viruses' attention, so he's the only one that took any damage."

"He's hurt again...?!" groaned Anyis in frustration, having JUST restored some of her ally's damage with Cyros's flame. "Damn guy needs to learn how to heal himself. How does he even survive when I'm not around?"

"That's... hmm." thought Mill, though to no real result. Neither MeleeMan nor Damascus had any form of healing ability, and to the best of Mill's knowledge, he had never seen Djinni do anything like that either. Unless MeleeMan had some secret master healer friend they didn't know about, this entire group's health was on the shoulders of Dr. Anyis... Frightening.

"Bah, whatever. It's not like I'm short on flames or anything." sighed Anyis as she turned her hand over to look at the cold fire burning on the back of her gauntlet. "Just the snipers are left, right?"

"Actually, the Beetank's still alive. Magna missed, somehow." answered Mill, noting the potential invisible miss-inducing electromagnetic field around the golem and all who would dare shoot him. Regardless of whether it was a spray of bullets or a singular massive beam, truly nothing would find its target to or from Magna right now. Maybe the weird gravity panels were at fault?

"... My apologies, Operator and Mother Unit. Anomalies I cannot analyze are present." reported Magna apprehensively, as even he couldn't quite figure how he both missed and dodged everything without moving. "I will correct my error, however, if I am alloted the GutPunch."

"Of course you will! I'm not going all the way over there to clean up your mess!" shouted Anyis from across the battlefield, disregarding the more reasonable option of just communicating with her SP through the PET's audio channel.

"Can't you just help him a little? It does you just as much good as the rest of us to get this battle done quickly." suggested Mill as he uploaded the GutPunch's digital file from his PET to Magna.

"Well yeah, it's not like he's being punished for anything. I just didn't want to have to run all the way across these weird panels." explained Anyis as she looked over the battlefield and at Magna. Having not done this at range in a while, Anyis conjured an excessive amount of cold fire in the palms of both her gauntlets before merging the two blazes together, creating a blue conflagration as big as she was. "You're in trouble if you can't beat that virus with this much, Magna!" she exclaimed before hurling the blue flames clear across the battlefield at her SP.

Just as the yellow armor of the GutPunch assembled around Magna's right hand, Anyis's on-point cold fire throw hit the armored fist, enchanting it with a bit of the ample power Cryos had shown capable of. "... Understood." Not having much choice in the matter, Magna begrudgingly accepted the gift from the Mother Unit. If Magna even knew what chagrin was, he was certainly feeling it as the blue flames of his rival giant danced around his arm. The resulting frustration the purple golem felt would probably be taken out on the Beetank, for better or worse. Magna rushed forward, his feet loudly hitting against the ground with each step, and lifted his aflame GutPunch up before slamming the fist down over the virus. For good measure, Magna took a second punch, this time a simple straight jab, expending all the remaning blue flame and returning his GutPunch to normal. With his left shield bracer still intact, and unscathed for that matter, Magna then backed off and took a defensive stance since those SniperJoes seemed to have a intent to hurt him (or try, anyway).

While her SP tried to wail on the Beetank, Anyis remained over on her side of the field and debated what to do. Rather, she was going to do that, but MeleeMan teleported a second time onto the same panel row as her and began attacking the SniperJoes from behind. Amazing how quick someone that big could be, really. Anyis still had her ColdPunch in good shape, her AttackMerge armor fully equipped, and Magna's barrier was still flawless, but MeleeMan seemed intent on personally returning all Joes back to extinction despite having just had the crap beaten out of him by the same Joes. Figuring there was no stopping his crazy flailing around, Anyis just walked over closer and let MeleeMan finish his attack. Once he finally stopped, Anyis simply said, "Tag in," as she smacked MeleeMan once on the back with her left hand, manually applying a fresh dose of Cryos's flame to his various injuries. She then ignited both her gauntlets in cold fire, and with the first SniperJoe (or whatever was left of it) as her target, Anyis unleashed a quick one-two jab with her right and then her left. Anyis then turned her attention to the second SniperJoe and... "Mill, MistConv!"

"Is that really necessary?" questioned Mill flatly.

"Just being thorough." retorted Anyis before her Operator obliged, delivering her coup de grace. The blue flames already on her gauntlets exploded in intensity, spreading in volume all the way up to Anyis's shoulder armor. Out of sheer kindness, Anyis made sure to contain her greatest Aqua element attack enough to not catch MeleeMan, Mr. Fire, in the crossfire as she organized the power in her fists. With a impactful "Hah!" and combined thrust of her hands, Anyis launched the mass of blue flames forward at the Joe in the shape of a larger, single hand. All of her built-up flames went with the MistConv attack, so with that done, Anyis stopped her attack and took to evasion.

Anyis's Actions:
1) Cold Open (200 Strengthen, 5TCD) @ Magna
--Cryos Compress (30 Heal, Passive) @ MeleeMan
2) ColdPunch (95 Aqua damage {A}, Impact, Knockback) @ SniperJoeA
3) ColdPunch (95 Aqua damage {A}, Impact, Knockback) @ SniperJoeA
4) MistConv2 (175 Aqua damage {A}, Impact) @ SniperJoeB
5) Dodge
6) Dodge

Magna's Actions:
1) GutPunch (170 damage {A}, Impact, Knockback) @ Beetank2
2) GutPunch (170 damage {A}, Impact, Knockback) @ Beetank2
3) Dodge

Cooldowns:
Summon Inversion - 1 turn
Core Link Cannon: High Output - 4 turns
Core Field - 2 turns
Cold Open - 5 turns
The SniperJoe had another mini-conference, to decide on what they should snipe before they went down...but were suddenly interrupted as MeleeMan warped over. Interestingly, this caught the viruses off guard, and making them suddenly tensing up. Nevertheless, the buster gun on one of them began to glow ominously...as opposed to the wide variety of non-ominous glowing. It didn't matter, however, as it was grabbed and smashed before anything came of it. His attempts to get the other one were less successful, as he managed to miss grabbing the SniperJoe just standing there.

But not to worry, as Anyis moved over to strike!...But because it had been so startled by the teleporting, the other SniperJoe was still facing in that general direction, and managed to notice her coming over. Even though it was scared stiff, it effortlessly managed to block her attacks with its shield, even as it was pushed back by their sheer strength. If nothing else, its shield worked like a charm.

Oh, and Magna took care of the Beetank2 before it could try anything. That was something. Now, if only that SniperJoe would just go away...

But, oddly, the ground around the Navis and virus began to glow, becoming a bit harder, and losing its gravity altering characteristics. A purple sphere then descended from the heavens, striking the virus square in the back, and taking it out immediately...

SniperJoeA: DELETED
SniperJoeB: DELETED
KnuckleJoeA: DELETED
KnuckleJoeB: DELETED
Megalian-F2: DELETED
Metool2: DELETED
Beetank2: DELETED
TuffBunny: DELETED

MeleeMan: 305 HP (Normal)
Anyis: 210 HP (Normal) (Barrier120) (ColdPunch: 5 uses)

Damascus: 70 HP (Normal) (IronBody)
Magna: 85 HP (Normal) (3-hit shield) (Strengthen 200)

=== BATTLE THREE, COMPLETE ===

Rewards:
- MeleeMan: 2400z, 34 BugFrags, 5 FXP
- Anyis: 2400z, 34 BugFrags, 5 FXP

As the remaining data pooled together for MeleeMan and Anyis to gather up, NervousMan descended on his panel elevator thing, dusting off what would probably be called his wire thin hands. "My apologies if you wanted to fight that to the end, but, well, I got everything I needed to know already, so I decided to save us all a bit of our valuable time. As you can see, I remain uncredited in the battle, so the rewards are all yours. Oh, by the way..." He turned to MeleeMan, narrowing his eyes a bit as he glanced him over. "I noticed that you were...for lack of a better word, hammered quite a bit in that last battle. And a severely injured Navi is no good to this sort of research. So, accept this. Use it now, save it for when you're further hurt...I can't force you to use it at all, but insurance is hardly foolish." A small data packet floated above the brainy Navi's hand, waiting for MeleeMan to grab it. "...Ah, where are my manners. It's a bit rude to only offer it to one of you...and shortsighted. Here." The other hand also gained a data packet, and was positioned for Anyis to receive.

MeleeMan and Anyis GET: EnergyPack SubChip x 1

"At any rate, let me know when you're ready to continue."
"Something about having that blue guy around makes battles feel safer... which is sort of boring. And he's too damn cold on top of that," MeleeMan complained, shivering again. He felt like this rant was likely to at least feel more original than the "somebody stole my kills" line again.

Damascus shrugged, but glared at Anyis, again thinking to herself how woefully underappreciated her magnificent metallic companion was.

"Anyways, it's over, so Joes are back on the extinct species list. Makes me a little proud... even I don't get to say that I wiped out an entire species with my fists too often," he smirked, stating it like he did sometimes exterminate entire species, just not so often. "I'm going to just pop a mini energy and be done with it, Pinky. No reason to waste healing when you're still in this kind if shape," he replied to NervousMan, flexing to emphasize his point. His body looked fine but his nose was still red from where his face got hit and his helmet was dented in several places.

Rania seemed, as usual, to be the only one distracted by his flexing. After shaking her bushy red hair, she slotted the subchip through. "Boy... these seemed a lot more substantial starting out," she commented quietly, watching as MeleeMan's vitality budged only ever so slightly.

"Well, got anything else you want dead? I can keep going as long as you and Anyis and... all of the giant things that follow Anyis around can," he questioned, raising his jaw challengingly as if saying "show me some more viruses, I double dog dare you."

((Using a minienergy to recover 50 hp))
"Given that he's the only thing that's going to be fixing your beaten rump from here on, yes, Cryos will be making you feel safer. I suggest getting used to it." replied Anyis curtly as she deactivated her GMO, unequipping all of the silver armor on her body and letting the blue flames that were Cryos alter the pieces back to default. The sheer volume of cold fire Cryos maintained in his natural form instantly dropped the temperature in the room a few degrees, which didn't really do much to to ease MeleeMan's second beef with the guardian spirit... He was just going to have to make do with that one, however.

Having finished gathering the left over loot from the viruses (lord knows Anyis never did it), Magna walked over and handed the zenny over to the Mother Unit. He even was so enterprising as to have collected Unit MeleeMan's share, as well as equal partitions of Bugfrags for Unit Damascus and himself. The whole process was a bit easier now that Magna had legs, after all. After giving everyone their equal dues, Magna noted, "The reduction in surrounding temperature is an inconvenience to allied units, so the Unit Cryos should recalibrate for the benefit of other concerned Units."

"... Do you even feel cold, Magna?" queried Anyis uncertainly. That was really her only concern, since Anyis already knew her completely metallic SP was just antagonizing the non-sentient spirit again.

"I do not, Mother Unit." answered Magna simply.

Anyis just looked at Magna for a few moments before shaking her head, words failing her until NervousMan popped up out of nowhere again and bribed everyone with candy and subchips. "Well aren't you generous..." she muttered before taking the EnergyPack data from NervousMan, not having a whole lot of trust in the scientist's motives for keeping the group going. If nothing else, Anyis was at least kind enough to partition her thoughts from Cryos's this time, preventing the ice-cold giant from imitating the same reaching motion and flash-freezing NervousMan's head in his grip. "Mill, get a blank subchip to upload this."

"Blank... subchip? Do that even exist?" asked Mill incredulously, having not heard of such a thing despite owning a business-grade supply of PET parts.

"Doesn't it? Mm..." shrugged Anyis, who just assumed in the first place.

"I'll just load it virtually for now, and I'll see if anything else works later." decided Mill, taking advantage of the practicality of his new PET.

Anyis nodded and, with all that finally taken care of, turned her attention back to NervousMan. "Yeah, my giant posse and I are ready." she confirmed with some snark directed back at MeleeMan.
(MeleeMan: +50 HP, -1 MiniEnergyPack)

"...Oh, did I not tell you?" MeleeMan's comments caused a rare wide eyed stare from NervousMan, apparently having forgotten something. How he could forget anything with a brain like that, anyway? "You aren't deleting these viruses, per se. They're simply undergoing a procedure like that of a Navi's emergency jack out. After all, why would I let perfectly good test subjects get themselves killed like that? They're much more useful alive." With a snap of his 'fingers', he brought up a window next to him. Sure enough, many of the very viruses that they had gone up against were getting patched up by Mr. Progs. Amusingly, one of them was trying to place a bandage on a TackleFire's head, only for the strip to be burned to a crisp before it could even be placed...and the Mr. Prog's 'arm' wasn't exactly unscorched itself . There was no audio feed, but it was pretty obvious that it wasn't saying anything nice over the incident.

"Well, that's enough of that." And just like that, no more window. "If you're all set, then please gather over at that patch of ordinary panels." The Navis and SPs congregated at where the brainy Navi had pointed (to the best of their ability to make out exactly where it was he had indicated, anyway), and the one in charge began to think for a moment...somehow, causing the panel to drop like an elevator. As they descended, the weight of the high gravity area faded...and faded...and was back to normal...but, oddly, everyone seemed to feel even light as thy continued down. Eventually, the panel stopped, but aside from it, everything was completely dark. "Oh, don't worry. Darkness isn't part of this area's test. Lights on!"

The area brightened, revealing exactly what their fight was. Turned out that it was a vast, space-like area, and wouldn't seem entirely out of place in NAXA, with stars and planets way up above. As for the battlefield...it was significantly less flashy, as it was little more than a bunch of softly glowing panels. They were probably about, oh...25 feet or so above the rest of the area. As for their enemies, they had green Megalian, yellow Yurt with green yo-yos, floating satellites that looked exactly like the one from before...and a couple of new ones. One was an orange base, with four silver blades above it. There were also some red and white flying things, with eyes peering out from a slot in its middle.

"In this battle, you'll be experiencing low gravity. You'll be able to jump and dodge more easily on them, but that goes both ways. The bladed disks are called Spines. They simply spin around the ground, so if you're airborne, they can't hurt you. They're impervious to most attacks, however, and in this case, Break is not a cure-all for their defense. Their weakness? Let's just say it's counterintuitive to its appearance. The flying viruses are called Shielders. As their name and appearance suggests, frontal attacks are not recommended. They don't do anything particularly fancy, just ram things and such. The others are all viruses you can easily look up, so I won't bore you any further with...actually, I take that back. Let's just say that remaining on this normal platform for too long is a very bad thing. Now that should truly be everything. Good luck." With that, NervousMan vanished, though the Melee Navis would identify pretty quickly that he had just used an AreaGrab to leave the immediate area. Now they only had angry viruses to contend with...

---GRAVITY MOCKING VIRUSES---

-- IN FRONT --
ShielderA: 140 HP
Megalian-W2A: 190 HP
Megalian-W2B: 190 HP
ShielderB: 140 HP

-- IN BACK --
SpineA: 110 HP
YurtA: 150 HP
YurtB: 150 HP
SpineB: 110 HP

-- TO SIDES --
SparklerA: 160 HP (to left of Navis/SPs)
SparklerB: 160 HP (to right of Navis/SPs)

--- HIGH FLYING NAVIS ---
MeleeMan: 355 HP

--- SUDDENLY LIGHT SPS ---
Magna: 85 HP

--- WEIGHTLESS TERRAIN ---
100% Low Gravity (all viruses are here)
10% Normal (several stories above main area, Navis and SPs are here)

=== BATTLE FOUR, READY
--- DON'T GO FLOATING OFF
... GO