ProsperMan's Homepage

"My, my, my...seems someone's not all that happy to see me. Which is funny, considering how happy you looked before." Slowly but surely, Martia drew closer to 'ProsperMan'. They had him cornered, so there wasn't exactly too much urgency to apprehend him. Especially when there was a little matter of revenge. "Sorry, but this time, you're gonna end up in the red. Either from handin over the money you owe me, or from blood from repeated punches! Your choice! And it's not like you can..." ...Get away? Come to think of it, he was able to pull off that illusion thing with his hand before. Who was to say he wasn't doing that on a larger scale now? "By the way, Swat? Wasn't that last mission fun? Not the one here, but the first time we met! Ending aside, I enjoyed myself!"

She made sure to stay vigilant, however. It was completely impossible to be too cautious here...
The guy stood frozen for a moment, then backed up and bent out his hands in a pleading manner. "What are you girls even talking about!?" he asked in a voice obscured by his helmet, which seemed neither well vented nor convenient for speaking through. "What did you do with all of my maids?!"

"... You enjoyed that? Boy, Showbizz would love to have you around some more, then," Swat sighed, although at the time, she'd seemed to enjoy the challenge as well. "As for this guy, I guess he's not so high and mighty, facing martial artists instead of maids?" she asked,disregarding the fact that she was still in her maid uniform.

"I'm not paying you burglars a cent!" the navi declared, trying to push past Martia and bolt for the stairs. Swat stopped him by shooting out her cable and easily wrapping him up. "No! You girls can't have my money!"

"What say I string him up from the balcony like a pinata and you beat on him till money comes out? You can use my rubber baton if you want," Martia's partner in vengeance offered, producing the bludgeon out of thin air.
Well, the response confirmed that Swat was, in fact, Swat. That was good to know. As soon as 'ProsperMan' began to move her way, Martia assumed a combat stance, with her right arm slowly moving back. Once he drew near, all she'd have to do was give him a another light push capable of knocking him on his-

...Or Swat could tie him up with her zipline before she got the chance. That worked too. "Nice work!" She moved over to him, and did a little stretching to make sure she didn't pull anything while beating the living tar out of him...but, something was bothering her. He seemed to be talking a bit differently than normal. What if the reason he didn't want them upstairs was because...uh-oh. "...Actually, hold on a sec. There's something I need to see first." With that, she took the liberty of removing the Navi's mask, just to make sure the one underneath was who she thought it was...
Martia's hunch had been on the money; after a little twist to get the helmet off, the head beneath was entirely unfamiliar. The navi had blond hair in a sort of sweaty, matted curls and a slightly pudgy face, including a slight double chin that was in the process of quivering with rage at its owner's suspicion of being burglarized. It was, all-in-all, a far cry from the lion-maned, ruggedly handsome guy who'd fleeced her earlier.

"He's... not the same guy? What's going on?" Swat asked, clearly not in the loop. "Is he a decoy?"

"I'm no decoy! I'm ProsperMan and this is my house!" the man raved, struggling against the wire that was tying him up. "Why are you two women attacking me? You knock me out, strip me naked, throw me in a tub, only to chase me again and tie me up and hit me?! This kind of criminal behavior is beyond ridiculous! It's outrageous!"

"You're right... Why would anyone go to such lengths just ti get your money?"

"You've already taken 10000000 zenny, I've seen it missing from the vault! Clearly your intent is to torment and confuse me now," he murmured, sounding unsure. "Don't think that I'm going to give you anything just because you dress as a maid! It takes more than that to-!"

"Geez Louise, if I wanted to rob you, I would be doing it!" Swat groaned. "What are we going to do now, Martia? It sounds like we've been used and there's no money coming." By the sounds of it, Swat hadn't even gotten the same handful of cash that the culprit had given Martia... "Whatever the case, I would say we're probably looking at two culprits. One played the part of ProsperMan, but somebody also placed a GNA mission, and that must have been a woman..."
Martia grimaced as her woman's intuition hit the nail on the head, and the man beneath that particular mask was the genuine ProsperMan. With a sigh, she launched a karate chop along the other Navi's side, causing the wire to snap, and freeing him up. This was going to be a massive pain to explain...

"It's...kind of a long story, but we're no thieves! To make it simple, as a distraction, one of the real thieves hired us to amuse them, more or less, while the other probably handled you and did the actual stealing." Speaking of which...10000000 zenny? That was...a lot of zeroes..."But, as for the actual robbers, all isn't lost yet, because I know the identities of the Navis that did this. The one that pretended to be ProsperMan is called ConMan, and the female Navi that hired the two of us to kill time is called Purloin! I found that out when I reported back to the GNA!" Okay, granted, she knew the name from the beginning, but she wasn't telling Swat that. Besides, just because her name sounded like a synonym for stealing didn't mean she necessarily did that. After all, she was named Martia, and she had nothing to do with marshes. "Either of you know anything about them?"
Swat pulled in the loose half of her zipline and frowned. "I could have untied that easily enough," she shrugged, then dropped it onto the ground. She had a feeling that after suffering two assaults and one theft, ProsperMan wasn't going to be particularly bothered by the crime of littering.

Indeed, ProsperMan shrugged off the ropes and listened to Martia's recount. At the mention of the first name, he kept his same impatient frown, but at Purloin's, his eyebrows raised and his mouth fell. "Purloin?! What a ridiculous notion! Purloin is my sister navi, a brilliant investor and a benefactor who granted me the capital necessary to start building my own fortune. My own investments have brought me to wear I am today, but it would have been impossible without the generosity of that woman," he scoffed, waving one meaty hand to dispel the idea. The thought that her name was 'Purloin' and that she might very well be hanging out with a guy named "ConMan" didn't seem capable of putting a dent in his perception of her as a clean businesswoman and good sister. "She couldn't have had anything to do with this. Don't you suppose it's possible that he knocked me out, stowed me away, dressed as me, and then lured you two in just to gloat and take advantage of his position as me? I do have the sort of clout that can easily bend the wills of women such as yourselves-"

"Bend whose wills? Just cause I'm trying to do some work for you and sponge your money doesn't mean I've bended to your will," Swat interjected, feeling offended.

"Ha! I laugh at the very notion! I pride myself on deflecting the efforts of young women to mooch off of me regardless!" he suggested, placing one hand onto his chest. "All the same, I understand that this pretty one in pink, however, may have suffered... and she may blame it on my sister! I would like to remedy the situation, if I may, in exchange for the two of you setting this out of your minds. Would you two accept 1000 zenny as recompense for any trouble you've caused? I will conduct my own investigation and enlist the aid of the authorities; I'd ask you two to abstain from pursuing the criminals."

"I'm being paid NOT to help you?" Swat inquired, frowning deeply. "The whole thing feels like you're trying to pull one over on me again... I don't like it. Furthermore, we were promised a lot more than 1000 zenny by that guy-"

"I am not that guy and I have never pulled anything over on you! You should be thankful I'm not taking your ass to court for what you've done!" ProsperMan bellowed, waving one finger. "Now girls, will you kindly take your money and leave?!" He held out a data packet in each hand, still frowning impatiently. Swat took hers, still grimacing with an equal amount of malice.

*Martia may accept 1000z*
Martia simply shook her head, and accepted the cash. "Let it go, Swat. We told him what we know, and that's all we can really do right now. It's his call on what he wants to do. He's the one that's out millions of zenny, after all." Millions...that was still hard to swallow. "Me, I'm just gonna jack out and take a nap or something until my operator finally wakes up...later." The Navi waved weakly at the other two, as she became a pink beam of light and exited the Net. As she left, it suddenly dawned on her that she had completely forgotten to ask something. But eh, she was emotionally drained after all that, so she didn't care quite as much as she normally would've...

(CASH ACCEPTED)
((Martia gets 10 Swat FXP))