PA's Meager Art Collection

Well, I've been drawing somewhat better lately, so I decided to show some of it here.

First, I decided to make that Eyeder virus in the current contest:

Then, I just messed around, and ended up creating some kind of Shaman-like drawing...

Then, feeling like creating a miniboss, I ended up with a fearsome... orb? Meh. At least it's a GLITCHED orb.

And, finally, in anticipation of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, I made the Morph ball and Metroid Prime logo. The logo took about 1-2 hours, and a heck of a lot of referring to my desktop wallpaper.
But the logo's a little big, so I'll just link to it. CLICK IT, FOR IT DESIRES TO BE SEEN.

Metroid Prime Logo

So, comments? Critiques? Praise? Various rotten fruits?
Is the eyder related to my seedbat? They both have similar shaped eye areas as their main body with basic shapes making up the rest of their body. It's very well done. The Shaman looks great, and the orb.....OMG ZENIOS RUN! *flees the hidden FF9 boss*
*throws a rotten apple at PA's head*

Good art though. : D
You should study insect leg joints to improve on future creatures similar to the eyeder. I can't really comment on your orb although you should consider adding a 3d effect to it by making the details around the edge of the circle more compact and tight as they would appear if you looked at a ball head on. Other pictures are good but there's always room for improvement.
Eh...
Decided to draw the boss I'm facing now, when I was bored during lunch.

Yeah, 14900 HP? You are royally screwed, but at least you weren't killed by a fish.

Quote (P.A. Master)

AGH! NO!!

I thought he was killed back in FFIX!

The world is doooomed!
...Eh?
I've never played any of the FF games, so I have absolutely NO idea what you're referring to.

Quote (P.A. Master)

...Eh?
I've never played any of the FF games, so I have absolutely NO idea what you're referring to.

Secret hidden boss that looked like that. Think Emerald and Ruby Weapons levels of power combined, then square it.
Ehhh, it looks like all my old images died.
So, I figured I'd post three of my more recent images on here.

All were drawn freehand, but I referred to the originals a LOT on pieces 2 and 3.
Piece 1 was "arguably" freehand, being... eh, well, I did it with a protractor and a ruler to start with.
All of these were drawn on 8 1/2" by 11" paper, with random mechanical pencils I had.

Aaanyways.

Warning, Large images ahead!

Piece 1: Fractal Triangles in a Hexagon
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/7347/scan0010ju.jpg

Piece 2: The Metroid Prime logo and Morph Ball
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8175/scan0011m.jpg

Piece 3: The Aperture Science logo, the Team Fortress 2 logo, and the Half Life 2 logo with added Black Mesa.
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6205/scan0013k.jpg
Alright, took me about four hours of an afternoon, but it seems to be well spent.

So, without further delay, for my first attempt at spriting someone ELSE's navi... Meleeman!

Feedback appreciated.
This one took WAY less time than Meleeman. Still, I'm extremely pleased with how it came out, the transformation effect in particular.

So, Day 2 of P.A.'s spriting uploads, Nachahmen!

Edit: I've posted 200% enlarged versions of the sprites as well, the originals being rather small.
MeleeMan's helmet looks off. If you brought the back piece down past his neck, filling in that space between the shoulder and helmet, it might flow better. The shading on the helmet seems a bit off, too, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
Yeah, the helmet I did freehand, and I'm absolute bollocks at shading, so that's no surprise.
But bring the helmet down, you say? I'll edit those two things and see how it turns out...

Quote (P.A. Master)

Alright, took me about four hours of an afternoon, but it seems to be well spent.

So, without further delay, for my first attempt at spriting someone ELSE's navi... Meleeman!

Feedback appreciated.

I think Meleeman's helmet is very similar to that of a WWII German helmet, or Darth Vader's (without the face mask). The flange seems to extend down to where the neck meets the rest of his body, protecting his neck and giving him a "thicker" appearance.
I always imagined MeleeMan's helmet as looking a bit like Judge Dredd's helmet.
While I have been advised about the splayed out helmet that Grim's talking about, I have yet to sprite a version I'm actually happy with, so for now, Steve's suggested version was considerably easier to correct, and as such, is up first.

(And yes, I do like the shading on this helmet much more)

And with much effort to not make it look like a steel mullet, the Meleeman helm is finished, and with it, the sprite itself!

MUCH better!
Next up on the sprite train: DNR.
I do say, I think it's one of my better works.
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/6480/medick.jpg

But yeah, DNR sprite is on the way. Just as soon as I finish this inane music crap. DX