Record of the age agarest war

Has anybody else played this game. It reminds me alot of my favorite game series of all time which is the Disgaea series.
It's called "Record of Agarest War" for those of you who couldn't interpret the title.

It reminds you of Disgaea because it's an SRPG, whee~

Sorry, haven't played it. Looks cool though. I DON'T HAVE ANY OF THE CONSOLES IT'S FOR FFFFFFFF-
I was going to buy it, but besides some fairly lukewarm reviews I realized I also didn't like the character art much. What all is good about it?
I like the idea of playing through 5 generations of characters. The battle system is unique to me. The only downside I see to the game is non English voice actors, graphics could be updated a bit, and the battlefields seem to grow old quickly.

Quote (Ktbandit)

I like the idea of playing through 5 generations of characters. The battle system is unique to me. The only downside I see to the game is non English voice actors, graphics could be updated a bit, and the battlefields seem to grow old quickly.

Pffft. Go try Dragon Valor. That's where violence-inducing family trees started rocking the socks off of every club-waving, half-ogre dragons this side of the console wars.

Also, it's a pretty sweet game.
I haven't heard about it... any links?

Quote (Azureink)

I haven't heard about it... any links?

GENERAL WIKIPEDIA PAGE GO: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Record_of_Agarest_War