Spot The Errors

To start off, I'd like to point out a flaw in the English language.

One of the rules we are taught in English at school is this: proper use of grammar demands that we use "a" for all words beginning with a consonant, and "an" for all words beginning with vowels.

So, tell me: does "Oh my god, it's a Sj!" sound right?

I don't think so. "Oh my god, it's an Sj!" sounds grammatically correct.

Why? Because the letter S, if it had to be typed out in form, would be Es. That's right, a vowel; the rule states that vowels are "an."

~ Fin.
on that note though, 'SJ' is a specific person, so the correct sentence would be ""Oh my god, it's Sj!"

Quote (Niax)

On that note, though, 'SJ' is a specific person.

Heh, as far as you know.
*checks self*

Yep, pretty sure I'm me.

You get what I mean though. All English rules are broken somewhere.
In essence, English is no more than a watered-down meld of every language ever concieved; it's no doubt that exceptions to any grammatical function can be found, the language is ever-changing. Honestly, English is moreover just reinforced slang at this point, thanks to the very contraption I'm typing on. Kids and their broadband connections...
GIVE YOUR ELDERS SOME RESPECT, YOU YOUNG WHIPPERSNAPPER.

*grabs the cane*

You do have a point though: English is just a mush of many languages. Almost every word is derived from that of another language.

Now, if you'll excuse me, a doctor needs to take a look at my back... *hobbles away*
... And boom goes the dynamite.
I'd like to take this moment to quote a shirt I saw and wanted to buy (but couldn't afford at the time) at a scifi con recently

"English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them out, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar."
We're all culprits simply by speaking it.