The Inheritance Trilogy: NEWS NEWS NEWS

ZOMG
ZOMG
ZOMG

1. It's now the inheritance CYCLE. That's 4 books, people! 4!

2. These are the Eragon books, FYI.

3. Book 3 release date: September 28, 2008.

shurtugal.com

Best place evar. >.>
Cover art may have been released, too, and book 3's title is still undefined.
E R A G O N
E L D E S T
E _ _ _ _ _
?
Empire is suspected.
:'D

That is all.
Book 3 is going to be a nasty shade of green.
I can just feel it.
Read real books.

Quote (RevivedSin)

I can just feel it.

I've got a bet going on with my friends. We all bet 5 bucks on which colour the 3rd's cover is gonna be, just for the hell of it. I'm betting yellow or gold, another's betting green, another's betting purple, and the last's betting black. Winner takes all.

Quote (English Ninja)

Read real books.

No.

Just...

No.

Don't even.
Eragon is pretty lame.

Quote (Phoenix)

Quote (RevivedSin)

I can just feel it.

I've got a bet going on with my friends. We all bet 5 bucks on which colour the 3rd's cover is gonna be, just for the hell of it. I'm betting yellow or gold, another's betting green, another's betting purple, and the last's betting black. Winner takes all.

It's green.

The final dragon egg is greeeen.
Glaedr is already gold/bronze, durrr!!

Plus, it has to match Arya's magic (green). She WILL be the next rider.
Doubt it, I think Roran is more likely to be the next rider since he's related to Eragon and what's-his-face. It is called the "Inheritance" trilogy for a reason.

Quote (RevivedSin)

Doubt it, I think Roran is more likely to be the next rider since he's related to Eragon and what's-his-face. It is called the "Inheritance" trilogy for a reason.

www.shurtugal.com
There's a WHOLE theories section there.
If you remember, in book 1, Eragon sees a futuristic vision thingy with him walking with another tall figure, (female) with two dragons flying in the background, ready to take off from a ship.

Arya = figure
Dragon = obvious
Ship = taking off for home elvenlands
>:3

EDIT WITH ARGUMENT:
Who will ride the Green dragon?

Everyone's biggest question. First, will it be good or evil? That the green dragon and his rider will be on the good side is expected; if the green dragon were evil, the Varden wouldn't stand a chance. There are several candidates for the third rider, so here's the list, in order from least likely to most likely:

Orik

The least likely candidate I've seen proposed to be the rider of the green dragon. People say he should be the last rider because then there would be the human Murtagh, the "elf" Eragon, and then the dwarf Orik. Supporting this theory is Orik's apparent lack of fear when it comes to flying and the presence of Saphira herself.

However, there is significant evidence against the theory, namely the fact that dwarves were not included in the spell that links the dragons to elves and humans, which is what allows human and elf riders to exist. You could say that just as humans were added to the spell, dwarves could be, as well. And while that is certainly possible, you must look at the likelihood of it actually happening. First of all, what cause would there be to add dwarves to the spell in the first place? No reason immediately presents itself. Along with this, why would the dwarves wish to be added to the spell? A vast majority of them have no interest in even the slightest contact with dragons, and they (or at least a few of them) are aware that the elves and humans are on the decline because of their connection to the dragons, so why would the dwarves want to be connected and thus possibly seal their own fate of declining?

Therefore, Orik will most likely not be the rider of the green dragon.

Elva

Only slightly more likely than Orik for the simple reason that she's human, and thus it's currently possible for her to become a rider. Evidence for her comes first in the form of the dragon-mark Saphira placed on her forehead, and second from Eragon's blessing, which should bring her to do great things in her life.

However, even in her present, magically enhanced state, she is quite simply too young to be a rider, much less a useful one. Sure, maybe she could use her magic to make herself old enough, but you must keep in mind Eragon's promise to Angela: that he would remove the blessing/curse that he placed over her. And once he removes the magic from her, she will once again be an infant child, and that would mean that she will have no contact with the dragon egg.

So maybe, if there are more dragon eggs in the future, Elva will become a rider later in life. But it's incredibly unlikely that she will be the rider the green dragon.

A character that has yet to be introduced

It's always possible that CP could introduce a new character in book three and have that character be the rider of the green dragon. However, this is highly unlikely because both of our present riders of the new generation, Eragon and Murtagh, were introduced in the first book and had already received significant character development by the time they were riders. If a new character were to become the rider of the green dragon with substantially less development than the other candidates... I'm sure that many of us would be less than satisfied.

So, it's unlikely that any newly introduced character will be the rider of the green dragon.

Roran

Now we reach the group of four characters who are the most likely to become the rider of the green dragon. The main evidence people suggest for him is that, as Murtagh and Eragon apparently have the blood of a rider in them, Roran, who they claim also has the blood of a rider in him, should be one as well. This is wrong, however, as Roran is only related to Morzan (the rider he is supposedly getting blood from) because of Selena's marriage to Morzan, and therefore does not have any blood relation to the man.

Counting against Roran is first the fact that he is human and second the fact that he is male. More on why being male counts against him will come later, but here is a good place to address why being a human is bad for his chances of being the rider of the green dragon. Now, Eragon spent about four months training with Brom and about ten months training with Oromis, and even after all that time and training, Murtagh was still able to beat him, with apparent ease. For Roran to be effective in battle, he would likely have to train for even longer that, and that's an amount of time that the Varden just doesn't have in this war. It's likely that the Empire could win the war in that amount of time.

So, it's possible but not probable that Roran will be the rider of the green dragon.

Nasuada

The third most likely choice for the rider of the green dragon. Nasuada is likely for several reasons: first, she's female. Presently every rider that's alive is male, a rather unbalanced situation. That makes the market for a female rider that much more open. Second, she's the leader of the Varden, and being in such an important position, she'd likely have access to the egg, once stolen, before all members of the Varden aside from those who do the actual stealing. A third point some people bring up is that she could be related to Eragon and Murtagh (highly unlikely, borderline impossible—more on that in a moment), and because they are both riders, she should be as well.

The main argument against Nasuada is the simple fact that she's human, as is the case with Roran above. But along with that, it must be considered that Nasuada commands the Varden's armies. The Varden cannot afford for their army to be without a commander for such a length of time.

Now, to address why she cannot be related to Murtagh or Eragon: if she's related to them, it's obviously through Selena, as we know her father was Ajihad. However, it must be considered that, first of all, Nasuada and Murtagh are approximately the same age. Yes, I know that twins are possible, but how does a woman manage to have two children by two different fathers growing in her womb at the same time? Answer: it's impossible. There's more evidence, but after that explanation there's really no need to elaborate. Nasuada is not at all related to Eragon and Murtagh.

So, it's possible but not probable that Nasuada will be the rider of the green dragon.

Vanir

Vanir is likely for the same reason that Nasuada is unlikely: he is an elf. The fact that he is an elf means that he is already trained in the ways of magic, and that means that, were he to become the rider of the green dragon, he would need significantly less training than any human candidate.

Against Vanir is the fact that he is male. Not that this last dragon is sexist, but as Saphira has told Eragon, whoever she or Eragon loves will affect the feelings of the other. So if Saphira falls in love with the green dragon (which is very likely—more on that later), her love for the green dragon would cause Eragon to develop feelings towards the green dragon. However, because a human can't have feelings of that sort for a dragon, his emotions would be directed towards someone more accessible: the green dragon's rider. It does seem likely that Eragon will develop a relationship with someone in the third book, and even more likely that that someone will be the green rider, and that he will have a child with that partner, for that reason the third rider is likely to be female.

So, it's possible that Vanir will be the rider of the green dragon.

Arya

Arya is the most likely candidate to become the rider of the green dragon. First, there is the fact that she is an elf, and a strong and talented elf at that. From what we've seen of her skills both with magic and with the sword, she would require very little training to be useful in battle, merely enough time for the green dragon to become mature enough to fight well in battle, which would be as soon as the green dragon learned to breathe fire, around six months after hatching. Along with that, Arya is female, and not just that but Eragon's love interest. If Saphira were to fall in love with and mate with the green dragon, that would change Arya's feelings for Eragon and the two of them would fall in love, as well. Third, two of the most often mentioned facts about Arya are her eye and magic color: emerald green. While eye color certainly has nothing to do with becoming a dragon rider, all of the riders we've seen so far in the trilogy have possessed magic the color of his dragon. While there is no evidence that this is always true, it can be interpreted as foreshadowing to her upcoming relation to the green dragon.

The main piece of evidence against Arya is that people claim she is too old. However, there is no evidence that there is a set age limit for becoming a rider, so such a point is meaningless.

ARYA SHALT BE IT.

Quote (Hiko)

The final dragon egg is greeeen.
Glaedr is already gold/bronze, durrr!!

Plus, it has to match Arya's magic (green). She WILL be the next rider.

Too bad. There's a blue one and a red one. Two ends of the primary colour spectrum. What's the last one? Yellow! So I chose it just because I'm a prick.

Doesn't matter much anyway. 5 dollars give or take isn't that much.
Wait, if it's the Inheritance Trilogy/Cycle, and not the Eragon Trilogy/Cycle, does that mean that there will be other books set in that world? Like how the Dragonlance series has a lot of trillogies, miniseries, stand alones, anthologies, and even a sextet or two?

Quote (Hiko)

shurtugal.com

*thumbs up*
dam

If I saw this topic earlier I would of pointed that out

Quote (Shuryou)

Quote (Hiko)

shurtugal.com

*thumbs up*

XXXXD
Nice catch, Shur.

DOES THE WALL OF TEXT NOT CONVINCE YOU!?
The real question is, did Hiko actually spend the time to type that up? Or did he copypaste?
Either way, I'm impressed.