Xarozel and Jace

Operator
Name: Xarozel [pronounced Zarozel]

Appearance: Despite standing 6 feet tall, Xarozel isn't even close to being an intimidating person. Dirty blonde hair, grown out down to his shoulders, allowing the back of his hair to grow down past his shoulder slightly. His hair parts slightly on the left side of his head, making him out to have bangs going across his forehead. His hair his relatively straight, minus the random "cow-licks" here and there on his head, sides and back. The ends of his hair curl up slightly making his hair seem shorter than it is. He isn't the smallest guy either, being on the tall side, he is also a little bit on the big side. He isn't fit looking, having a little bit of a gut, but sure has muscle endurance.

You can usually catch Xarozel wearing blue jeans and one of four sweatshirts on rotation with a more dark colored shirt ranging from black and grey, to dark blue and navy. All of his jeans that he wears are ripped on the bottom by the heels, from them all being a little too long. His pants are baggy, but you can tell they are a little too long for him, but he loves to wear them regardless. His sweatshirt are as following; A black one with prisms all over it and one of them has a rainbow coming out, which is located on his left shoulder. Another one is a straight brown one, nothing special. He has a light gray sweatshirt that has his online name, "SirOmega" embroidered on it. And the last one he wear is a black sweatshirt with his logo on it, a shield with a lily in the middle and two swords coming in at an angle from the top corners, that being the symbol of his families past. The symbol is all a light gray out lining, nothing inside allowing the color of the sweatshirt through.

As for the warmer times, you can find him wearing mostly gray and red shirts, on occasion blue ones and some kind of plaid shorts. Ranging from dark colors to light colors, for him it's what ever he can find in the morning that seems to match.

Personality: Xarozel, despite having a very tough past, is quite the outright person. He is quite happy, and treats everyone as if he knew them. He gets along with everyone, and only dislikes someone when they give him a reason too. He takes after his father, one to think a lot and speak his mind. Being as blunt as he is with his thought, and as nice as he is, he doesn't care too much if you get offended or hurt by what he says. That is if you aren't one of his close friends.

Generally he is loud, but subtle. He is outright with everyone, happy and smiling. But on certain days, more like random days, he has spells of sadness. It isn't quite depression or bi-polar disease, he just happens to not have a happy mindset. Pretty sporadic at times with his actions and thoughts.

Xarozel, spending much of his time playing strategy games and cards game, has learned to think ahead in battle, and attempt to predict attacks and movements. Thus he claims to be a tactician, but truly it's the combined minds of him and his navi at work.

PET Modifications: Xarozel's PET is a gift he got from his father, along with Jace. His father's PET was the oldest model ever released. It condition is almost perfect, due to his fathers technical and engineering skills. The PET has only been modified to allow Xarozel to jack into the new ports that were created for PETs. Other than that, his PET is relatively plain. The color scheme is a blue and back system. Black on the inside by the screen and outside is blue, with white trimming. But, it almost seems as if the colors adjust themselves and move around.

Other than the most obvious modification, the screen has also been replaced with a newer, more bright, more clear screen.

NetNavi
Name: Jace.exe
Element: Aqua
Subtype: Bug

Appearance: Jace, having a body harvested from Xarozel's father's old navi wears it proudly, but had a recoloring done on it.
Garbed in a cloak that drapes off to one side of his body, the cloak being all black with a blue trim on the outside and the center of it has a shield with a lily in the center of it and two swords crossed through the shield coming from the outside upper two corners of the shield, just like one of Xarozel's sweatshirts.. The cloak, possessing a hood is rarely worn by him due to his hair. Jace's hair is white with a silver lining to it, and sticks up and angles off to the back leaving a small grouping of hair hanging off the front of his head. His cold steely pale blue eyes almost seem to put you into a trance as if he is stealing your very soul from you as you look into his eyes. But his calming smile and slightly thin face pull you away from his eyes. His chest piece, not being actually armor is a top that looks like an ordinary t-shirt, but the neck is a long piece of armor that sicks out on the left side, covering part of his neck and lower face. The shirt itself is black, and has a blue line going down the right side of his body, and a white one going across his body. Jace's pants are light, loose black pants with some white accents here and there. Nothing too special about these. His left arm, exposed from the cloak being draped on the right side of his body instead of the whole body, show glove over his hand. This glove is small and pitch black in color, which then leads to a bracer on his forarm which is attached to his glove, providing a small place to block incoming attack. The bracer itself is made of leather but has razor scales on it which can be flared up by Jace to use as an offensive tool. His right arm, has a large gauntlet on it which covers his whole hand and half of his forearm. This metal, steel plated gauntlet his Jace's primary way of dishing out damage. The gauntlet itself is a light white color with splotches of light gray on it, making it seem as if it's old.

Personality: Jace is mostly a calm collective guy. Unlike his OP, he is more quiet and speaks more through his actions and facial expressions. Jace, having programming salvaged from Xarozel's father's navi, is actually a master tactician when in battle. Jace can calculate the enemies movement, speed, and predict the next place the enemy will move to or even when they will attack. But this doesn't always work due to a lot of the code being destroyed when the other navi became corrupt. But, Jace can also be a fun loving guy. When around his OP and his OP feeling good, along with Jace feeling well himself, Jace can become a bit more social and just as loud as Xarozel himself.

Custom Weapon: Jace uses both his gloves and bracer combo as weapons. Jace can power his gauntlet and use it to increase melee damage or to fire out beams of energy, which come out blue streaks.

Signature Attack: Gauntlet of Mire: When the enemy comes within melee range, Jace can power his gauntlet up and deliver a hard punch to the enemy, also slowing them making it easier to track and predict moves.

20dmg Aqua + Slow + 2TCD
Just a few things (and answering your questions)
- Not sure if we allow telepathy between Netops and Navis

- Check out the Subtype Rules to see what specific abilities come with the subtypes. Your navi has to be that subtype to use their effects, that's pretty much the only restriction. (IE. The Navi doesn't have to be a certain color, or can only use certain signature attacks, etc. All subtypes do is give you two extra abilities)

- The Signature Attack Effect List shows all the different effects, and they will say something like "per action" or "per round" to tell how long the effect lasts. Slow is a "per round" (AKA "per turn") effect. This means the target will be slowed for every action in their next turn. If you buy another instance of Slow, then it extends to 2 turns. 3 instances; 3 turns.

- Cooldown is dependant on how many sig points you spend for each sig. It's 1 Turn Cool Down (TCD) for every 40 points spent. So if you make a 20dmg + Slow signature effect (20pts for the damage, 40 points for the slow, for a total of 60 points), You have 2 TCD. From 1-40pts, it's 1TCD; 41-80pts is 2TCD, 81-120pts is 3TCD, etc.

Quote (Lt._Grim_Reaper)

Just a few things (and answering your questions)
- Not sure if we allow telepathy between Netops and Navis

- Check out the Subtype Rules to see what specific abilities come with the subtypes. Your navi has to be that subtype to use their effects, that's pretty much the only restriction. (IE. The Navi doesn't have to be a certain color, or can only use certain signature attacks, etc. All subtypes do is give you two extra abilities)

- The Signature Attack Effect List shows all the different effects, and they will say something like "per action" or "per round" to tell how long the effect lasts. Slow is a "per round" (AKA "per turn") effect. This means the target will be slowed for every action in their next turn. If you buy another instance of Slow, then it extends to 2 turns. 3 instances; 3 turns.

- Cooldown is dependant on how many sig points you spend for each sig. It's 1 Turn Cool Down (TCD) for every 40 points spent. So if you make a 20dmg + Slow signature effect (20pts for the damage, 40 points for the slow, for a total of 60 points), You have 2 TCD. From 1-40pts, it's 1TCD; 41-80pts is 2TCD, 81-120pts is 3TCD, etc.

So I'll be keeping bug as my subtype.

And, can we get a sure fire confirmation on the telepathy thing. I kind of want to have something that me and my navi can communicate through that isn't just talking out loud. If I can't have that, I'll just have to deal.

I'll take the shield NPC. Forgot to add that
I've got to interject and say that you can't use an existing character so directly as your navi. Your character's a direct copy of a guy named Jace from MTG, as a few of my board-mates have explained. You're going to have to change up some features (or ideally come up with an original design, I'd highly encourage it).

As food for thought, there's a few benefits to coming up with an original design: Your character will be "yours" and therefore won't be mixed up for another existing character if anyone ever decides to draw them or use them anywhere. Also, everyone won't call you unoriginal!

Quote (Aim)

I've got to interject and say that you can't use an existing character so directly as your navi. Your character's a direct copy of a guy named Jace from MTG, as a few of my board-mates have explained. You're going to have to change up some features (or ideally come up with an original design, I'd highly encourage it).

As food for thought, there's a few benefits to coming up with an original design: Your character will be "yours" and therefore won't be mixed up for another existing character if anyone ever decides to draw them or use them anywhere. Also, everyone won't call you unoriginal!

No no. He's a mash up of 2 characters and some of my own thoughts. Just because his name is Jace and he's blue, and has gauntlets, doesn't mean he IS Jace Belern. Yes I have concepts from Jace. The name isn't originally his and yes some the the details are. But he is also a combination of a character from a game League of Legends; Ezreal. The massive gauntlet idea is from him. I forgot the hair as well, which is from Ezreal, being of medium length, but a silver lined white.

Anything else I can clear up?

EDIT: Removed the description until either I make a new one since what I see in my head I can't get out on paper [on text I should say], or this one is alright to say.
I'm gonna say no to the telepathy thing, because then people could say their NetOp can communicate telepathically with viruses, other navis, etc.

Navis can already communicate to a NetOp through voice, "videochat" pop up windows, voice-only 'radio' pop up windows, text-only messages... pretty much anything that can be done on a computer.

Looking back at your sig, it sounds like Jace moves towards his target, moves back, and fires. Your signature attacks can involve movement, but you will have to purchase the "movement" sig effect to do so. Taking a step forward to swing a sword won't require that effect, but running a fair distance to close the gap on an enemy, then moving back (to dodge an attack I assume) would cost quite a lot more. For now I would remove the movement aspects of your signature attack, since you don't have enough sig points to afford something like that.

You're still missing cooldown for your sig, and is it going to use Null or Aqua damage? (Because your Navi is aqua, any sig attacks can use that element for free). I recommend using this "style" to indicate the damage and effects of your sigs:

(20dmg Aqua + Slow + 2TCD)

Quote (Lt._Grim_Reaper)

I'm gonna say no to the telepathy thing, because then people could say their NetOp can communicate telepathically with viruses, other navis, etc. 

Navis can already communicate to a NetOp through voice, "videochat" pop up windows, voice-only 'radio' pop up windows, text-only messages... pretty much anything that can be done on a computer.

Looking back at your sig, it sounds like Jace moves towards his target, moves back, and fires.  Your signature attacks can involve movement, but you will have to purchase the "movement" sig effect to do so.  Taking a step forward to swing a sword won't require that effect, but running a fair distance to close the gap on an enemy, then moving back (to dodge an attack I assume) would cost quite a lot more.  For now I would remove the movement aspects of your signature attack, since you don't have enough sig points to afford something like that.

You're still missing cooldown for your sig, and is it going to use Null or Aqua damage?  (Because your Navi is aqua, any sig attacks can use that element for free).  I recommend using this "style" to indicate the damage and effects of your sigs:

(20dmg Aqua + Slow + 2TCD)

Ah alright. Checking back on the sig rules, I can see that yeah, not enough points. So I guess I ranged attack will have to be done. I will have to rework how it's done since currently my description is under check. But thank you a head of time.

Quote (Aim)

So I edited on Jace. I just want to be able to keep the name. Can I get another check on Jace please. Sorry for the trouble guys, it's just been a while.

Hope I didn't come off as a jerk with that snappy come back. Sorry about that.

EDIT: I'll make minute changes to my appearances on both characters because this is just enough stuff to get me playing.
Bumping to get this all checked out again.

Bump.

Quote ()

No no. He's a mash up of 2 characters and some of my own thoughts. Just because his name is Jace and he's blue, and has gauntlets, doesn't mean he IS Jace Belern. Yes I have concepts from Jace. The name isn't originally his and yes some the the details are. But he is also a combination of a character from a game League of Legends; Ezreal. The massive gauntlet idea is from him. I forgot the hair as well, which is from Ezreal, being of medium length, but a silver lined white.

To be perfectly honest, this is not a defense, it's self-incrimination. The rule on non-original content doesn't bend. For this to pass, you're going to have to modify it so thoroughly that it won't be what you want it to be anymore. I suggest just starting over and coming up with a new, original pair of characters.

Quote (Bomber)

Quote ()

To be perfectly honest, this is not a defense, it's self-incrimination. The rule on non-original content doesn't bend. For this to pass, you're going to have to modify it so thoroughly that it won't be what you want it to be anymore. I suggest just starting over and coming up with a new, original pair of characters.

Xarozel is me. Like in the literal sense of look.

And I re-made Jace. The original description was a lot different from the current one.
There is nothing illegal with the Operator, but despite whatever minor alterations to the appearance you make, you're still going to have a water-wielding wizard with the same name as a particular MTG character. That is not to say having a water-wielding wizard not named Jace is okay, nor is having a Navi named Jace with a different theme. By your own admission, you've taken the concept from the MTG character, and while that might be alright on other RP sites you've been at it, it is not on RERN, and we make that quite clear in our rules. You aren't in trouble, but this character will not pass regardless of what other minor changes you make to him. Thus, the registration is denied, and I suggest you try to come up with a Navi that meets this site's requirements.