Xarozel and Jace

Quote (Lt._Grim_Reaper)

Just a few things (and answering your questions)
- Not sure if we allow telepathy between Netops and Navis

- Check out the Subtype Rules to see what specific abilities come with the subtypes. Your navi has to be that subtype to use their effects, that's pretty much the only restriction. (IE. The Navi doesn't have to be a certain color, or can only use certain signature attacks, etc. All subtypes do is give you two extra abilities)

- The Signature Attack Effect List shows all the different effects, and they will say something like "per action" or "per round" to tell how long the effect lasts. Slow is a "per round" (AKA "per turn") effect. This means the target will be slowed for every action in their next turn. If you buy another instance of Slow, then it extends to 2 turns. 3 instances; 3 turns.

- Cooldown is dependant on how many sig points you spend for each sig. It's 1 Turn Cool Down (TCD) for every 40 points spent. So if you make a 20dmg + Slow signature effect (20pts for the damage, 40 points for the slow, for a total of 60 points), You have 2 TCD. From 1-40pts, it's 1TCD; 41-80pts is 2TCD, 81-120pts is 3TCD, etc.

So I'll be keeping bug as my subtype.

And, can we get a sure fire confirmation on the telepathy thing. I kind of want to have something that me and my navi can communicate through that isn't just talking out loud. If I can't have that, I'll just have to deal.

I'll take the shield NPC. Forgot to add that
I've got to interject and say that you can't use an existing character so directly as your navi. Your character's a direct copy of a guy named Jace from MTG, as a few of my board-mates have explained. You're going to have to change up some features (or ideally come up with an original design, I'd highly encourage it).

As food for thought, there's a few benefits to coming up with an original design: Your character will be "yours" and therefore won't be mixed up for another existing character if anyone ever decides to draw them or use them anywhere. Also, everyone won't call you unoriginal!

Quote (Aim)

I've got to interject and say that you can't use an existing character so directly as your navi. Your character's a direct copy of a guy named Jace from MTG, as a few of my board-mates have explained. You're going to have to change up some features (or ideally come up with an original design, I'd highly encourage it).

As food for thought, there's a few benefits to coming up with an original design: Your character will be "yours" and therefore won't be mixed up for another existing character if anyone ever decides to draw them or use them anywhere. Also, everyone won't call you unoriginal!

No no. He's a mash up of 2 characters and some of my own thoughts. Just because his name is Jace and he's blue, and has gauntlets, doesn't mean he IS Jace Belern. Yes I have concepts from Jace. The name isn't originally his and yes some the the details are. But he is also a combination of a character from a game League of Legends; Ezreal. The massive gauntlet idea is from him. I forgot the hair as well, which is from Ezreal, being of medium length, but a silver lined white.

Anything else I can clear up?

EDIT: Removed the description until either I make a new one since what I see in my head I can't get out on paper [on text I should say], or this one is alright to say.
I'm gonna say no to the telepathy thing, because then people could say their NetOp can communicate telepathically with viruses, other navis, etc.

Navis can already communicate to a NetOp through voice, "videochat" pop up windows, voice-only 'radio' pop up windows, text-only messages... pretty much anything that can be done on a computer.

Looking back at your sig, it sounds like Jace moves towards his target, moves back, and fires. Your signature attacks can involve movement, but you will have to purchase the "movement" sig effect to do so. Taking a step forward to swing a sword won't require that effect, but running a fair distance to close the gap on an enemy, then moving back (to dodge an attack I assume) would cost quite a lot more. For now I would remove the movement aspects of your signature attack, since you don't have enough sig points to afford something like that.

You're still missing cooldown for your sig, and is it going to use Null or Aqua damage? (Because your Navi is aqua, any sig attacks can use that element for free). I recommend using this "style" to indicate the damage and effects of your sigs:

(20dmg Aqua + Slow + 2TCD)

Quote (Lt._Grim_Reaper)

I'm gonna say no to the telepathy thing, because then people could say their NetOp can communicate telepathically with viruses, other navis, etc. 

Navis can already communicate to a NetOp through voice, "videochat" pop up windows, voice-only 'radio' pop up windows, text-only messages... pretty much anything that can be done on a computer.

Looking back at your sig, it sounds like Jace moves towards his target, moves back, and fires.  Your signature attacks can involve movement, but you will have to purchase the "movement" sig effect to do so.  Taking a step forward to swing a sword won't require that effect, but running a fair distance to close the gap on an enemy, then moving back (to dodge an attack I assume) would cost quite a lot more.  For now I would remove the movement aspects of your signature attack, since you don't have enough sig points to afford something like that.

You're still missing cooldown for your sig, and is it going to use Null or Aqua damage?  (Because your Navi is aqua, any sig attacks can use that element for free).  I recommend using this "style" to indicate the damage and effects of your sigs:

(20dmg Aqua + Slow + 2TCD)

Ah alright. Checking back on the sig rules, I can see that yeah, not enough points. So I guess I ranged attack will have to be done. I will have to rework how it's done since currently my description is under check. But thank you a head of time.

Quote (Aim)

So I edited on Jace. I just want to be able to keep the name. Can I get another check on Jace please. Sorry for the trouble guys, it's just been a while.

Hope I didn't come off as a jerk with that snappy come back. Sorry about that.

EDIT: I'll make minute changes to my appearances on both characters because this is just enough stuff to get me playing.
Bumping to get this all checked out again.

Bump.

Quote ()

No no. He's a mash up of 2 characters and some of my own thoughts. Just because his name is Jace and he's blue, and has gauntlets, doesn't mean he IS Jace Belern. Yes I have concepts from Jace. The name isn't originally his and yes some the the details are. But he is also a combination of a character from a game League of Legends; Ezreal. The massive gauntlet idea is from him. I forgot the hair as well, which is from Ezreal, being of medium length, but a silver lined white.

To be perfectly honest, this is not a defense, it's self-incrimination. The rule on non-original content doesn't bend. For this to pass, you're going to have to modify it so thoroughly that it won't be what you want it to be anymore. I suggest just starting over and coming up with a new, original pair of characters.

Quote (Bomber)

Quote ()

To be perfectly honest, this is not a defense, it's self-incrimination. The rule on non-original content doesn't bend. For this to pass, you're going to have to modify it so thoroughly that it won't be what you want it to be anymore. I suggest just starting over and coming up with a new, original pair of characters.

Xarozel is me. Like in the literal sense of look.

And I re-made Jace. The original description was a lot different from the current one.
There is nothing illegal with the Operator, but despite whatever minor alterations to the appearance you make, you're still going to have a water-wielding wizard with the same name as a particular MTG character. That is not to say having a water-wielding wizard not named Jace is okay, nor is having a Navi named Jace with a different theme. By your own admission, you've taken the concept from the MTG character, and while that might be alright on other RP sites you've been at it, it is not on RERN, and we make that quite clear in our rules. You aren't in trouble, but this character will not pass regardless of what other minor changes you make to him. Thus, the registration is denied, and I suggest you try to come up with a Navi that meets this site's requirements.