Shelving Rania/MeleeMan

I know it's a little sudden, but I really feel like a little change of pace and I had an idea for a navi/op that I wanted to try.

Rania/Melee would be frozen, though, and because of problems that may pose for Asator as the mod of his mission, I plan to ask him whether he wants me to try to finish that first, but more than likely, unless it's going to be fast, I'll switch immediately.

---------------------

Name: Burt Blanchard

Appearance: Burt Blanchard is a pale, relatively unhealthy man due to a lack of time spent outdoors. He has a very thin, lanky body, with a height of about six foot two. His long, dark hair and soft features often get him mistaken for a woman at a distance. Up close, however, his face when relaxed has a relatively impressive look, with sharp eyebrows, high cheek bones, and an intense face that is still relatively free of aging. Unfortunately, he almost never keeps a calm expression, which suits his face far better than any exaggerated expression would. He almost always wears his silver, square-rimmed glasses.

He knows absolutely nothing about style and owns only one suit, which he is obsessively careful with. His usual dress code includes articles such as sweaters and slim-fitting pants. He has a bad tendency to think that he can wear his bedroom slippers wherever he pleases, but when he dresses up he remembers to wear his shining black shoes.

Personality: Burt is seen by most as an over-the-top, obsessive crackpot. In years past, he could be seen as a relatively normal bookworm, a little anti-social but a bright and intelligent conversation partner. Now, however, he has been overtaken by a religious theory he calls "Counterinfectualism," and besides the ridiculousness of the theory itself, he seems to be spiraling downward into a state where it effects every aspect of his life. On the bright side, he gets out a lot more than he used to...

Burt's major hobby is reading and writing. Composing works on his theories now takes up a large part of his life. While maintaining a job teaching religious studies to grade schoolers, Burt himself has lecherous tendencies (even towards children) that he is unabashed about. He views it as an absolute tragedy that he has been without love for most of his life. He has far too little common sense as to what is traditional practice for people in today's age, or for his own age group. He can be quite unmindful of his own health.

He often tries to exorcise things himself in real life, but the process generally consists of unreliable phrases and hand motions that have little possibility of actually working. The reason for this, outside of the question of whether gestures would normally work as a tool of exorcism or not, is that he made these particular ones up entirely by himself with no real basis.

PET Modifications: The PET that Burt uses is relatively unremarkable, a white base with silver secondary color. He views it as "A tool of righteousness" and is therefore very protective of it, carrying it around in a special locked case that looks like it ought to be used for some important book.

-----------------------------

Name: Exorcist.EXE

Element: Normal

Type: Sword

Appearance: Burt's navi, Exorcist, resembles a young girl of the age of perhaps seventeen or eighteen. Despite her child-like face, Burt took liberties to give her as glamorously proportioned of a body as he could without it being too noticeable beneath her robe. Her face is very expressive with clear blue eyes and a cute smile that drives Burt into frenzies.

Exorcist's most distinguishing feature is her extremely long, white hair, extending from the back of her hat, clipped with a wide, black bow near the neck. Her equipment is a yellow robe, not terribly form-fitting aside from the yellow band around the waist which also holds her navi emblem. Her black, loose-fitting hat is a traditional piece which rises into an indistinct point with a 45 degree slope at the front and a rounded back. Beneath her yellow robe is a black skin suit. She wears neither gloves nor boots.

Her favorite weapon is her wooden sword, which she feels fairly certain is made of untainted peach oak despite the fact that it has no real physical form and materializes in her hands. It is black in color.

Emblem: Exorcist's navi resembles something like the shape of a human head (more of an indistinct egg from further away) with a wisp rising from behind it, symbolizing the hidden enemy that she fights.

Personality: Exorcist is too naïve for her own good. Created as a tool for Burt's own twisted theory, she takes her job very seriously, and treats every virus encounter as important. She firmly believes that they are all the physical manifestations of evil, infectious spirits that cause humans to do malicious things. She believes that navis are just as susceptible to the infection as humans are, perhaps more so since the strength of the evil seems to increase on the net, giving it physical form.

Besides her fanatic viewpoint, Exorcist is relatively easy to get along with. She has problems with Burt's attitude and lifestyle with the exception of his crack pot theory. She admires people who are saviors to others.

Backstory: Created by Burt Blanchard almost immediately upon the foundation of Burt's theory of Counterinfectionism, Exorcist was a tool by which Burt planned to venture onto the net, not only to spread his message outside of his own sad, sad ghost-town of a blog, but also to eliminate the evil threat that had manifested itself physically upon the net. She has never had any objections about her role, although she sometimes envies the lives of navis who can fight more casually.

Custom Weapon: Although she has many, many weapons at her disposal, Exorcist can also use her hands. Using the style of "Jian Zhi" (Sword Hands), she attacks foes using her extended middle and index finger. The effect of impact is more of a burn than a cut.

Signature Attack: Ritual Talisman- Exorcist summons a crudely formed talisman that can be thrown, attaching to the enemy and bursting into white flames. The talisman works more effectively for nullifying defenses than it does for actually injuring the opponent. (40 damage + northwind)
NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Not MeleeMan, too!

FINE, I GUESS I'LL APPROVE YOU, BUT ALONG WITH MY APPROVAL COMES MY DISAPPROVAL. YEAH, TWIST YOUR MIND AROUND THAT ONE.