Like the Wind.

Wind... Gust... Gust is windy--ish? That'll work, right? That's what I thought at least.

So, then I ran into a little problem.

Quote (Fera)

[[b]Gust doesn't add any Wind Attribute to attacks, only Knockback or Pull. Maybe that should have been worded better.[/b] "Attacks" in the Terrain topic really only refers to battlechips. Whoops. Anyway, I'm posting this here because I can't do it on the chat. :'D Edit your post accordingly, and I'll delete this (or someone else) and moderate you.]

Quote (For Reference)

--Summary--
P: SetSand [Sand Zone]
1: Cannon @ TwistyE [40 Null + Knockback]
S: Gust: AddWind: Shockwave
2*: Shockwave TwistyA to TwistyD [40 + Line Attack + Ground Attack + Knockback]
3: Dash in wake of Shockwave [Dodge]

*: 2x Damage [Sand + Wind] & Change Sand to Normal.

To be fair to both of us, it's called Gust, and the Terrain topic was unclear enough to be misunderstood. Well, obviously, or I wouldn't have tried this? I'll change my post shortly. But, moving on.

Then I thought to myself: What does add Wind Attribute? What is Wind Attribute?

Quote (Fera)

[Gust doesn't add any Wind Attribute to attacks, only Knockback or Pull. Maybe that should have been worded better. [b]"Attacks" in the Terrain topic really only refers to battlechips.[/b] Whoops. Anyway, I'm posting this here because I can't do it on the chat. :'D Edit your post accordingly, and I'll delete this (or someone else) and moderate you.]

Okay, so it's a chip. Next step for any good RP-er: R(ead) T(he) F(-ing) M(anual) Say it like a mantra!

So I looked, and this is what I found:

Quote (AirShot1-3)

Special: Wind Type: This chip counts as Wind Type for the purposes of Wind triggered effects, such as traps and terrain.

Cool, now I know what Wind Type or Attribute or whatever you want to call it is. Still, there are exactly three battlechips with Wind Attribute. They are:

Guns
-------
AirShot1
AirShot2
AirShot3

And that's it. But, to my surprise, there were chips like--

Quote (THIS)

Tornado
Damage: 20 x 12 Hits
Accuracy: (Special)
Description: Summons an especially violent funnel... Rare
Duration: Once
Element: Null
Special: The accuracy of this attack is entirely dependent upon RP quality and current battle conditions, and it cannot be affected by stats boosts and nerfs.

--that don't. Further, there are a lot of wind chips that are... not windy?

Quote (A list for your convenience)

Other
-------
AirStorm1
AirStorm2
AirStorm3
Typhoon
Hurricane
Cyclone
Tornado
Blower
Twister
AquaWhirl1
AquaWhirl2
AquaWhirl3
Static

Object
--------
Wind
Fan
PropellerBomb1
PropellerBomb2
PropellerBomb3
AirSpin1
AirSpin2
AirSpin3

Melee
--------
WindRacket

Sword
--------
SonicBlade1
SonicBlade2
SonicBlade3
AirSword

Can someone explain this or fix it or... something, because I am majorly confused.

Also, is there any source of Wind besides those 3 marked chips? Can Signatures be Wind? Busters? Is there a secret NCP?
This majorly our fault. All the moderators know which chip has the wind effects and which doesn't, but we never really bothered to label all of them correctly. We'll try to sort things out with the other moderators.

FYI. Few chips, such as Wind and Fan, won't do much with the Sand's effect since it doesn't deal any damage.

Quote (Goroke)

This majorly our fault. All the moderators know which chip has the wind effects and which doesn't, but we never really bothered to label all of them correctly. We'll try to sort things out with the other moderators.

As long as it is cleared up, I'm cool with it.

Also, is there any source of Wind besides chips? Can Signatures be Wind? Busters? Is there a secret NCP? And why isn't Wind Type a source of Wind Attribute? That last point seems really silly.

Quote (Goroke)

FYI. Few chips, such as Wind and Fan, won't do much with the Sand's effect since it doesn't deal any damage.

Not by themselves, no. But blindness/a smoke screen is a huge help, and I am led to wonder what the addition of Fire would do with a WindBox present. The Blower chip is what gives me the idea that maybe Sand can be stirred up, and then heated to create a glass shard attack. What do you think about that? Is it possible?

One last question: Can I not use Gust to blow sand at people? Sure, it doesn't do damage, but still.
Well, mostly the reason battlechips are the only source of Wind Attribute is because of the 100% bonus it gives with Sand terrain. Having the ability to generate that on the go is powerful. And no, there are no secret NCPs, sorry to disappoint. All of them are listed.

Wind and Fan gives a Sandstorm effect for three turns to Sand terrain. Unfortunately and quite honestly, moderators have absolutely no fishing clue what exactly this is. We'll try and resolve that. Why we haven't fixed this is kind of hilarious.

You can change Sand to Glass paneling with Fire attacks. Glass can be broken into offensive shards by Break, Impact, or Ground-type attacks. So yeah, you can do that.

Sure, you can blow sand at people. If the applied effect is derived from Gust, if it connects, it can Blind enemies.

Again, most of this is faulted on us being lazy. Leaky roof's been there forever and we never really bothered with it because the ladder was too much trouble to bring out.
I hear that. Thanks for the help, and good luck 'patching the roof'.