Cross Questions

Back to being serious....

More questions, only cross-based.

When in a cross, are your current signature attacks cancelled out to use the Cross signature attacks? If not, can you still use off-element attacks with no cost to your navi if he/she has changed to another element? This applies to subtypes as well.

Also, if an elemental navi made a cross with another navi of a differing element, when the Cross is activated, does the navi receive damage bonuses on both elements, or the one that he/she is currently crossed with? On that note, if an elemental navi had a cross with a navi of the same element, do both elemental bonuses stack? I asked this question in the chat and got told no, but nowhere in the "Rules" topics does it say "elemental bonuses do not stack", nor does it say that the element bonuses are cancelled out by crossing with a differing element.
When you Cross, you have access to both your original sigs as well as your Cross sigs for that Cross. Changing your element doesn't effect your previous sigs. (For example, it won't suddenly cost 20 extra points for you to use a Fire element if you crossed into Elec.) However, registering Cross sigs do follow the new element. (Example, that ElecCross would let you reg Elec attacks at no penalty, but Fire would cost you 20 extra.)

When Crossing, the Elemental bonus is completely replaced with your Cross bonus. This includes if you cross to the same element.
Question: If I had made a Recover sig while in Recover subtype then crossed into, say, Variable subtype, would the effectiveness of the sig decrease?

Quote ()

Changing your element doesn't effect your previous sigs. (For example, it won't suddenly cost 20 extra points for you to use a Fire element if you crossed into Elec.)

Same concept applies here, so no. On the other hand, if you were Variable and Crossed to Recover, your healing sig would gain power provided you register the power-up with the Cross. I.e. your 15 HP passive heal that costs 80 points under normal conditions would, with a registered change, become a 20 HP passive heal without any increased cost thanks to you having Medical Mastery.