Frozen Treat

Alright...as many of us have seen, we have problems with modding. Many people are trapped in threads awaiting a mod to reply so they can gain experience and levels. Sadly, while they wait, other people are being modded at a far faster pace meaning they will gain more levels than those who are still waiting for the 1st round in their thread to finish...

A few of us have been trapped for some time in threads...could be 2 weeks, a month, maybe even 6 months...we still are trapped frozen in the game...and after finally getting modded...we only receive a small reward...

A few of us have come up with a plan to fix this wich I call "Frozen Reward"

Frozen Reward

A Frozen Reward is given to people that are frozen in a thread, awaiting modding. You can only receive the Frozen Reward if you have waited over 11 days for a mod reply and you must have already bumped 3 times (You will be only allowed to bump ONCE every 3 days)

Rewards

A Frozen Reward is zenny or a chip. Of course, if you are frozen, a mod will not be able to even give you this reward...you yourself will have to choose.

To stop people from taking any huge amount of zenny or rare chip, there will be a list and rank for your choice of a reward.

List

The list is organized from weakest to greatest rewards. Each one will have a number rank to the side of it as well...the number is how many BUMPS you have given...

Example: You have waited about 29 days for a post and yet no sign of modding. You have BUMPED 9 times already as well. You are now allowed to recieve a reward from anything on the list with a rank of 9 or lower. You can choose more than 1 reward as long as it adds up to 9.

Remember, you can ONLY bump ONCE every three days...

Forgetting to bump...

If you forgot to bump, it cannot be helped. Bumps are there to ALERT people that you need modding. If you didn't bump, its pretty much saying you do not need help. NO bump...NO reward!

FINALLY Modded

When you are finally modded, you cannot bump again until 3 days have passed again. (Even if you are 1 day from having a 10th bump, if the mod has modded you...you will only have 9. You will have to restart the bump tally over.)

Save The rank?

When your thread is done, this does not mean your ranks are immediately erased. You can save up your ranks and use them whenever you desire...

Example: You have done a thread where you bumped 4 times. You are in a new thread and you have bumped 3 times. You can add these bumps together and receive a 7 rank reward if you wish or any other rewards as long as they add up to 7.

If we decide to use this idea, it should encourage mods to reply faster than 3 weeks.

Anyone think this is a good idea?
Quite simply, it is not our fault if the player decides to not take the options available to them; namely, talking to a DIFFERENT MOD after the three-day modding period has expired.

And this is if they are modlocked. If they're not, they can simply politely ask a moderator to mod their topic.

Additionally, I would like to make a point of being perfectly blunt on this:

If you ever, and I do mean ever, give yourself some sort of 'reward' that you think you 'deserve' because you were modded slowly, I will personally ban your ass so hard you'll wonder what the internet is like.

-Twi
Silly enough, I actually had an idea like this. But honestly, mods are there for a reason, you shouldn't get rewards for just sitting there, and this would just promote even more mod laziness, imho.
I had an idea like this that let the player take another turn instead of bumping. XD
Didn't we shoot you in the face when you suggested it, though?
Oh, so that's where that scar came from. :<
Wow, wasn't this closed? I guess if everyone else is gonna post in it...

If you end up getting screwed by mods that badly, let me know and I'll be sure to deal with them. As for taking matters into their own hands, I seem to remember people complaining about being asked to mod on the chat/IM's, etc. so I really don't see how people can do that without fear of getting a warn. And besides, its not like it's their fault that the mod screwed them.

So while I agree with Twi on not expecting stuff (as lame and potentially unfair as it is), let me say this:
If you ever go around treating members and their ideas like crap in front of me and the rest of the board again, I'll be damned sure its the last mistake you make. There are more important things than your damn epenis.
I just wanted to add one thing. While I don't mod often normally, I am always open to modding someone who needs it. If you are going on three days or so and need a mod, feel free to pm me and I'll get to it. I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but I don't remember where, so I figured I'd say it again.

'Course, it'll have to fit into my availability and it might not be a spectacular modpost, but it'll get done.