Chip Fee

It COULD work, BUT, it would have maybe...i duno...1.25 or 1.50 times the normal amount of what it costs to make up for shipping and handling, AND, like with the chip trader, you can't use said chips until the end of your current battle or you are EJO'ed or whatever in battle, even if you are desperate for the chip data. and this way, people don't cheat the system and wait to make their next battle post AFTER they get the chip data or whatever.
That could be a mission for someone. Go around the internets and plant advertising signs. Then you'd get a discount. (Repeatable)

EDIT: That's it! Problem solved! Ahahaha! Can't beleive I haven't thought of that!

Where's the nearest admin?
The point isn't to get these chips or items during the heat of battle dark, it's to get maybe recovery items or otherwise last minute chips by a special chip order so you won't get you ass handed to you if you survive the current round, and you'll be prepared the next. On top of that, you won't waste a turn since you won't leave your NetNavi unopped where you lose a turn and get totally devastated and then you can expect a little power up from the emergency call at the end of the battle just by paying a little S&H fee. For an example...

*Points to Knight's event thread*
Perhaps if we were to implement something like having to spend a couple actions to do it. Ya know, to balance it
You mean like:

Action 1 - Ringlog @ Spikey

Action 2 - Call Suitchi

Action 3 - HeatShot @ Metool

Along those lines? I don't know...

See the thing is if you can post in a BBS while in battle and don't spend actions, then this shouldn't be the case since it'll be under multitask too, and the point of this is not to get your but whooped while calling for some supplies, unless you gonna run to the shop, leave your navi unoppped, let the viruses make them their little play thing and then come back with the stuff you need.
How about pre-orders?

You'd ask Suitachi for certain products (limited) then when you've the cash, you can purchase them through e-mail.
I'll step in here and say that this will likely never happen, and if it does somehow, you'll end up paying out the ass or the service.

The quest for lower prices probably won't happen anytime soon either, but it'd be something to think about in the cave.
How about this: You sacrifice a turn of Operator contact so he can go to the nearest local chip shop (which charges higher prices for a more limited inventory) and stuff.

Theres no reason that couldnt happen.

Quote (Commondragon)

How about this: You sacrifice a turn of Operator contact so he can go to the nearest local chip shop

Common, that's how the system has always worked. >_____>

The point of having to go through two turns of battle un-Operated is to keep people from stocking up on chips in the midst of a battle without feeling a proper penalty for doing so. Like somebody (I don't remember who, and the last-ten-posts feature doesn't go back that far) said, it's like stocking up and then going into the dungeon for an experience run.

Getting chips in the middle of a battle / thread is a pretty handy skill, so it had to be nerfed accordingly.

Quote (English Ninja)

Quote (Commondragon)

How about this: You sacrifice a turn of Operator contact so he can go to the nearest local chip shop

Common, that's how the system has always worked. >_____>

The point of having to go through two turns of battle un-Operated is to keep people from stocking up on chips in the midst of a battle without feeling a proper penalty for doing so. Like somebody (I don't remember who, and the last-ten-posts feature doesn't go back that far) said, it's like stocking up and then going into the dungeon for an experience run.

Getting chips in the middle of a battle / thread is a pretty handy skill, so it had to be nerfed accordingly.

Common what the heck is wrong with you?

...and I know, but It's not getting chips in the middle of the battle and using them, because I was suggesting that the data is intercepted at the end of the battle, such as Battle End, Suitchi Purchase Order Data incoming and you add it to the inventory after the battle, and have the option to use it if it's a recovery item.

...but that's persay that you don't have your butt handed to you and you have payed S&H for nothing as you're E'JO.

But I do see your point about the Dungeon run thing, and I have to say when you put it like that, it sounds pretty cool. ^^