Job BBS~!!!

Ok...I got this idea to create...well, a Job BBS. Right now, I'll try to list my ideas of how it would work. It might be very unbalanced, so that's when you guys come in ^_^~

Also, I think IPC mission is also something like a Job BBS, but I never did one and I'll try my best to make this idea bit original
------[ol]
[li]Job BBS is found in the SciLab network.
[li]There will be the list of jobs, requested by unknown RP or a real RP character.
[li]Jobs can be submitted by users BUT, it must be authorized by at least two-three mods/admins to be posted onto it, to make sure it isn't unbalanced.
[li]The job is runned by the one who requested the job, not the mod. This is done so the mods/admins won't have too much problems and things to do, also to go the way the creator of the job would want to go by. ((LIKE PLOT TWISTS!!))
  • Jobs will be limited by certain amount or time the job has gone through, so it won't clog the system too much, also to make it much more interesting. (EX: "Find my Kitty Virii!": Time Duration: 3 days / Amount Duration: 5 Requests) (If one of the duration runs out, the job is no longer available)
  • [/ol]
    It's a bit shakey, I know, but I thought we should give it a shot :3 *Feels as if the idea is gonna be denied Q_Q*

Quote ()

It's a bit shakey, I know, but I thought we should give it a shot :3 *Feels as if the idea is gonna be denied Q_Q*

Don't be so sure about that.

Quote ()

The job is runned by the one who requested the job, not the mod. This is done so the mods/admins won't have too much problems and things to do, also to go the way the creator of the job would want to go by. ((LIKE PLOT TWISTS!!))

Err.... I'd re-write that to say:

The players who create the jobs write out the script for the jobs, in detail, and send them to the mods to be accepted or denied, just like with sub-plots. The mods will then run the job just like any other battle or plot scenario.

I'll note that the Mods would have to run the battles for all of the players anyways, so running a scripted mini-event would be no more or less of a strain than running the equivalent number of standard battles for the same number of players would have been.

And player run scenarios... is probably against RE:RN policy. ^^; (Just guessing...)
    Could navis / operators also post jobs IC (after being approved by mods)? I was thinking something among the lines of hiring a tough guy to go to a tough area and get 1337 chip for me fo some cash

Quote (PaladinGC)

Quote ()

Don't be so sure about that.

Quote ()

The job is runned by the one who requested the job, not the mod. This is done so the mods/admins won't have too much problems and things to do, also to go the way the creator of the job would want to go by. ((LIKE PLOT TWISTS!!))

Err.... I'd re-write that to say:

The players who create the jobs write out the script for the jobs, in detail, and send them to the mods to be accepted or denied, just like with sub-plots. The mods will then run the job just like any other battle or plot scenario.

I'll note that the Mods would have to run the battles for all of the players anyways, so running a scripted mini-event would be no more or less of a strain than running the equivalent number of standard battles for the same number of players would have been.

And player run scenarios... is probably against RE:RN policy.

Hehe, thanks for the positive comment >:3

One reason why I wanted to be user-oriented is to let normal member experience how to control the RP. But that could be a bad thing if the member is too nice and give them a bonus(As in dodging and hitting more) or too strict and kill the navi.
    ...There is already a thing like this...

http://z10.invisionfree.com/RockmanChaosNe...hp?showforum=45

Post there to ask for a mission in character. That is... Ehm... *points at the Mods*

Quote (Goroke)

Jobs can be submitted by users BUT, it must be authorized by at least two-three mods/admins to be posted onto it, to make sure it isn't unbalanced.

Subplots.

Quote (Goroke)

Subplots...

Quote (Shuryou)

...There is already a thing like this...

http://z10.invisionfree.com/RockmanChaosNe...hp?showforum=45

Post there to ask for a mission in character. That is... Ehm... *points at the Mods*

Quote (Goroke)

Jobs can be submitted by users BUT, it must be authorized by at least two-three mods/admins to be posted onto it, to make sure it isn't unbalanced.

Subplots.

RAWR!!...I wasn't here long enough >_>;;

The job BBS doesn't always have to revolve around the net and do things in the real world??...Damn, I knew it was gonna get rejected -___-
    I'm not a Moderator, I can't 'reject' things. I've lost that power.

And if you want your Operator to actually do something... Ehm... So much people already suggested things for an Operator to do, but in the end they will remain soulless dolls to plug in their Navi and send chips to them. It will always end up on the same thing. Hell, when I was RPing as my Operator I sometimes added a random NPC to the story to have some conversation in it other than Operator and Navi. It was an ice cream man and I'm thinking of doing a thing similar with Illyana, but then people of the institute she came from. Improvise.
    I think what Goroke is trying to say is that he'd like to create a means for normal non-mods to create scenarios for others on a smaller scale than subplots. I agree that only mods should be the ones to actually control the flow of battle, but it might be refreshing to have some user-created scenarios detailing day-to-day events instead of massive epic subplots.

Of course, there'd have to be a rather large number of restrictions on this...

...but if it ever worked out, I'd participate :P.

Quote (Skyrender)

I think what Goroke is trying to say is that he'd like to create a means for normal non-mods to create scenarios for others on a smaller scale than subplots. I agree that only mods should be the ones to actually control the flow of battle, but it might be refreshing to have some user-created scenarios detailing day-to-day events instead of massive epic subplots.

Of course, there'd have to be a rather large number of restrictions on this...

...but if it ever worked out, I'd participate :P.

Thank you~!! I'm sure that cleared this idea up a bit^^

All the suggestion's been told by members (well...one partial Mod). I'll just wait till one of the higher mods/admins comes around and approve this shakey idea^^

*skips around a flower field*
    Sorry, Goroke, I meant to just quote the part about you saying it wont be accepted. I wanted to say "Don't be too sure about it not being accepted."

Skyrender said it better.

And I think it's a good idea.

Quote ()

(well...one partial Mod).

Bah, I'm the same old Pally. My name tag's just purple.
    I like this idea. So you could give out zenny for strange "fetch" quests and whatnots?

"Oh no! I forgot my signature hat at the park! Can some fetch it and bring it to SciLabs? I'll pay 500 zenny!"
    That's how I understand it. I like the idea, though if there are any Netbattles, I think a mod should be brought in in the interest of fairness.
    YESH! A Mod and an Admin thought it was a good idea~~ *Power Ranger Pose with pink explosion in the background*

We still need some adjustment to it though...
    Humm... What sort of thing would PCs need, though? That's my only real issue with this, and it doesn't matter much anyway.
    It's not like any sane RPer would shell out zenny or chips for a quest that's entirely fluff, such as in that Search for the Great and Powerful Fedora.
    ... Signature Hat. Whatever.
    Some people tried that on the old boards... Set up a shop, and expected other RPers to come up and give them jobs for zenny. Didn't work, as you may expect...
    But aside from that, it's very promising in the NPC quest side of things, especially for people like Swift and Gunner, who wouldn't be too friendly with the NetPolice... Heh heh heh.
    That's when the duration comes in. Of course, non of us isn't in the league to actually give out items by quests, so you would send a request to the mods.

You would have to show the difficulty of the Job, and by the difficulty, would determine the size of your prize. Also, the quality of the RP would also matter...I think

(EX: "FINDTHEKITY!"

Netop goes to scilab and gets the kitty
    goes to scilab and gives it to the girl

YOU GET: 100z)

(EX2: "FINDTHEKITY!"

K tells him self to *Blah blah blah*

You get: 300z)

(EX: "Destroy the rising syndicate"

*Blah blah blah*

You get: 2000z or VarSword)
    *ahem* allow me to attempt to clarify... at least, what I think Goroke saying.

Basically, in the same way that we register subplots for our own navis, I believe Goroke wants a system of registering jobs such that we (the non-mods) can create low-importance, low-reward scenarios to break up the monotony of virus busting. These jobs do not necessarily have to originate from our own characters, nor do the rewards necessarily have to come from our own pockets. Essentially, we'd be creating tiny scenarios for each other that would be scripted by members, but executed by moderators. This is similar to the GMO system we had back on RMCN, but those were scenarios that are composed, written, and executed at every level by mods.

In short, I think Goroke wants to provide an avenue for the community at large to compose small-scale scenarios that mods can accept and execute at their discretion. Naturally, there would have to be heavy restrictions on this - on par with, or perhaps greater than the old Virus/Battlechip creation system. Perhaps a system where mods take only a certain number of "user-created jobs" per interval of time.

I would be willing to assist in the creation of such a system, but alas, I could very well be misinterpreting Goroke's intent.

Goroke, care to confirm that I have the right idea?
    That sounds awesome. I'd hit that. XD

But I'd like to script some fights like that. It would be a fun way to get to introduce other navis and things for minor positions without necessarily devoting them any particular spotlight.

Quote (Skyrender)

*ahem* allow me to attempt to clarify... at least, what I think Goroke saying.

Basically, in the same way that we register subplots for our own navis, I believe Goroke wants a system of registering jobs such that we (the non-mods) can create low-importance, low-reward scenarios to break up the monotony of virus busting. These jobs do not necessarily have to originate from our own characters, nor do the rewards necessarily have to come from our own pockets. Essentially, we'd be creating tiny scenarios for each other that would be scripted by members, but executed by moderators. This is similar to the GMO system we had back on RMCN, but those were scenarios that are composed, written, and executed at every level by mods.

In short, I think Goroke wants to provide an avenue for the community at large to compose small-scale scenarios that mods can accept and execute at their discretion. Naturally, there would have to be heavy restrictions on this - on par with, or perhaps greater than the old Virus/Battlechip creation system. Perhaps a system where mods take only a certain number of "user-created jobs" per interval of time.

I would be willing to assist in the creation of such a system, but alas, I could very well be misinterpreting Goroke's intent.

Goroke, care to confirm that I have the right idea?

Awesome as ever, Sky >:3

Also, I got some crazy idea since all of you were suggesting that mod/admins are to take care of the jobs. If few of you are interested in "background" story of your navi/netop, you can also try to create a scenario like the real game is self to make more "development" :3 (But I doubt it since that could be considered a "subplot")

I WANT THE LICENSE SYSTEM!! RAWR!!
    lol@the license system.

Seriously, there are a lot of ideas like that bouncing around, but with everyone excited about making the changes they wanted to before, doing everything at once might hurt stability.
    Alright~

So I ought'a wait till everything settles down for the Job BBS to be up and running eh? please say license system to >_<!!!!!jkjk