As you may or may not have realized, Signatures are now limited to 10k symbols and we have lost access to the fancy spoilers in exchange for standard spoilers. This means that people will have to leave out specific information from their Signature. But Shuryou, your Signature is still glorious. How do you do it? Well luckily that's what I'm here for. In this topic I will explain what we want to see in your Signature for our RP, how to make it look pretty with the BBCode the forum offers and how to remain within the symbol limit.
First I will tell you the things you are required to have in your Signature:
- You must have a link to both your Operator and Navi profiles.
- You must have your Navi's HP, Level, Element, Subtype, Speed, and NaviCust. While you can hold these in a seperate post, we prefer that you keep this in your Signature at all times.
- You must list your Battlechips, as well as stating which chips are in your active folder if you have more than 30. You are also expected to have information on their damage, accuracy and added effects, but you can hold these in a separate post in your Navi's profile or your Navi's homepage.
- You must list your Signature Attacks, just like your chips, and the total points you have and have used for your attacks. You are also expected to have information on their damage, accuracy and added effects, but you can hold these in a seperate post in your Navi's profile or your Navi's homepage.
- You must have a list of your acquired Friendship XP (FXP), your Crosses and the Cross Attacks you've acquired.
- In case of multiple pairs, you must do the information written above here for each.
Yeah, we have a few rules concerning Signatures.
- You must keep your amount of zenny and Bugfrags in a place you can see without opening tabs or spoilers.
- The combined height of images in your forum signature must be 360 pixels or under. Images within spoilers are free from this rule, but we would be happy if you kept it within 800 width and 600 height.
- Don't be rude with what you put in your Signature. This includes words and images, but also things like seizure-inducing images and bandwidth vacuums.
All your bold text, italics text, underscored text and anything other text is done through BBCode. While you're editing your Signature or even writing a post, just click the 'Full BBCode List' text right above the box you write in. It will open a new page that shows all the BBCode and how to use them. But just in case you're curious now, here's a link to it. Full BBCode List.
Back on Invisionfree we were used to our custom spoilers. Well, they don't have the same functionality here but the tag lives on as...
[spoiler=Text]More text![/spoiler]Very simple and straightforward. Use them to keep a lot of information under control, like Battle Chips or Signature Attacks.
Some of us back on Invisionfree used tables to get our Signatures nice and tidy. Well, some good news is that Zeta has made it easier for us to get those in our Signature. Just like earlier with the Tabs button, there is now also a Table button and its interface should speak for itself. Spoilers can be placed within tables and tables can be placed in spoilers. But just to show how they work, here I go:
Overcoming the limit
This is essentially what you'll have to get used to. People before us have asked about expanding the limit without success, nor can we edit it. So we'll have to do with what we can do.
- Not too many images. Images have long URLs most of the time and require the IMG BBCode, so the more you use the more space it'll take. Decreasing on images will definitely help a lot.
- Throw chip and Signature Attack details elsewhere. You still need to keep a list of your chips and Signature attacks in your Signature, but for what the chips do we suggest making a seperate page in your Navi profile or homepage. Three examples:
Djinni.EXE's Signature Attacks
The 'short versions' are for me to copy-paste into my post's summaries for ease of access. No need to do this yourself, but I just find it useful.
- No or less useless things. I know people are maybe proud of certain chat outtakes and therefore keep them in their Signature, but unfortunately we just don't have space for that anymore. Unless you know you have space for it, try to keep random and non-RP things to a limit.
Just an example with spoilers and some tables.
Navi Name - Zenny - Bugfrags
Operator & Navi
|Link to Navi's profile|
Element & Subtype:
|Link to Operator's profile|
Different ways of writing them down:
Remember to add a link if you outsource the damage, accuracy and effects of your chips.
|Bubbler, Heatshot, Heatshot, Sword, Shotgun, Shotgun, Shotgun.|
Signature Attack Pool: Points used/Total points
|Link to damage, accuracy and effects of Signature Attacks|
Signature Attack A
Signature Attack B
|Signature Attack A [40 damage; B accuracy; Melee]|
Signature Attack B [Stun2; A accuracy; Ranged]
|SaloonCross Level 2 [+20 Aqua; 1 Action]|
Bubbling Juices [160 Aqua damage; A accuracy; Ranged][SaloonCross]
NaviCust & Others
[spoiler=Navi Name - Zenny - Bugfrags][spoiler=Operator & Navi][table=2]Link to Navi's profileYou don't have to strictly follow the example. That's why it's an example. If there any questions concerning BBCode or Signatures, feel free to write a post with your question in the suggestions and questions forum and I'll try to get to it as fast as possible. You can also try finding me in the chatroom or send me, Shuryou, a PM.
Element & Subtype:
HP:[c]Link to Operator's profile
GMOs:[/table][/spoiler][spoiler=Battlechips]Different ways of writing them down:
3x Shotgun[c]Bubbler, Heatshot, Heatshot, Sword, Shotgun, Shotgun, Shotgun.[/table]Remember to add a link if you outsource the damage, accuracy and effects of your chips.[/spoiler][spoiler=Signature Attacks][center]Signature Attack Pool: Points used/Total points[/center]
[table=3]Link to damage, accuracy and effects of Signature Attacks
Signature Attack A
Signature Attack B[c][center]
[c]Signature Attack A [40 damage; B accuracy; Melee]
Signature Attack B [Stun2; A accuracy; Ranged][/table][/spoiler][spoiler=SoulCrosses][table=1]SaloonCross Level 2 [+20 Aqua; 1 Action]
Bubbling Juices [160 Aqua damage; A accuracy; Ranged][SaloonCross][/table]Note: You can also outsource the damage, accuracy and effects of these attacks as long as you add a link to where you kept them.[/spoiler][spoiler=NaviCust & Others][table=1]Process Upgrades: