Lower Element Containment Mysteries [Network Advancement Mission for Jazz]

The location that Jazz would arrive to looked out over a vast scattering of stars and multi-hues astral clouds forming various well-known nebulae. Nearby, a large orange-ish plane spun slowly below them, circled my a half a dozen moons moving at different orbits and a collection of fine particle rings.

Apparently, this was space, or at least, the net's NAXA equivalent of it. The immediate space looked like some kind of futuristic space platform; Jazz would arrive on what looked like an observation deck, with a clear floor and a tall safety railing, but otherwise open to the space air... perhaps the platform had an atmosphere shell. The platform had a handful of minimalist-designed chairs and tables dotted about it, with one of two other navis present eating or drinking – although the place as a whole seemed quiet. Each table had a menu propped on it ,as well as a small data hub in the centre, which linked as many pairs of binoculars to it as each table had seats. The outer railing also had telescopes dotted at regular intervals all the way around.

Inwards, the platform ringed a central column that extended far below, and far above as well, giving the whole structure a vaguely pulsar-like shape as it rotated slowly. Glass doors looked in on an inner cafe and serving counter, with signage pointing to spiralling staircases and elevators going up and down as well; one sign pointed upwards to something called the 'interplanetary learning centre', with art that looked like it was made for younger audiences, while another suggested that going down would head towards a relaxation centre. The space was almost as quiet as it was almost deserted; only a soft, background sound of what could only be described as 'space ambience' played.

Jazz would only have about a minute to take I his surroundings before a familiar, playful voice piped up from behind him; she hadn't been there a moment before, but the small figure of Prose grinned back at him from her newly acquired perch, sitting on the edge of the railing and swinging her feet. She looked about as Jazz would likely remember her from their last encounter; a petite a petite, feminine build, three feet tall at most, including the laid back rabbit ears that added several inches on their own; short, white fur and a mischievous expression on her lapin features.

She was, fortunately for the public space, wearing more clothing than the exact last time that Jazz had seen her – though that wouldn't be difficult. It was a version of her more casual wear, but with some differences this time – the denim skirt was very short now, ending by the top of her thighs. Not quite enough to get called a microskirt, but definitely a mini. She'd left off the short jacket and was only wearing a slim chest band that was made in the same denim style; without the jacket, the chest band itself has a pair of stylised red wings printed on the back of it instead, either side of the back hitching. She was still wearing the small red hair ornament that was woven into her fur on a black leather strip, but other than that was barefoot and seemed like she wouldn't last very many rounds in a game of strip poker. From her position sitting on the rail, and the shortness of the skirt, he could tell that she did, at least, have a third article of clothing on her person – they were a dark blue, and Prose didn't seem to mind that the information was obvious for Jazz to gather at a glance.

“Hey, Jazz! You made it!” She jumped down from the railing and bounced over on her toes, jumping up to give Jazz a quick hug that involved wrapping her ankles around the small of his back so that she could bring her small figure up to brush her nose and cheek against his for a moment. The embrace and somewhat intimate body-lock only lasted a second or two before she let herself down again, grinning and bouncing on her toes slightly. “This place is awesome. They make the most amazing drinks, and you can just sit and look out at the stars and there's a neat massage place below, too! The food's pretty decent, but it's nothing on the drinks. Come on, let's get something!” A moment later she zipped past him to the nearest table and picked up the menu, holding it out to Jazz; another copy of it remained behind, and she snagged her own a moment later. This wasn't starting off like someone might expect a serious mission to...
Jacking into the network Prose directed him towards from the BBS, the rabbit would come in sporting his usual attire, the entire one-piece suit that hid much about the navi and his sorted past, at least leaving him for the most part "agreeable" with the general public, though a couple deeper scars poked out between either side of his inner thighs his deep white fur kept them, for the most part, hidden if someone took a good look at him. His head on a swivel as he began to take in the surroundings, eyes darting back and forth as he took in the atmosphere of the area, letting out a sigh of relief at how sparsely populated it was.

Well, at least if shit hits the fan there won't be a lot of navis to push outta here. He mumbled under his breath, taking a few steps into the area, noting the planets and the general "space observatory" feel of the restaurant-looking place he had found himself in, it was obvious they were in a bubble surrounded by a vaccum, so that would not be a pleasant thing to deal with, the navi still on edge after his encounter earlier that day. Hoooo, never was much of an astronomer, but it never stopped me from appreciatin the stars out there. Just hope they have some major precautions in place just in case...might not be a bad time to brush up on my Astrology... Jazz mumbled to himself as he continued onwards into the middle of the area, before perking up at the sound of a feminine voice, head immediately swiveling towards the direction it came from.

Eyes immediately eating up the outfit she had on, ears twitching as he soaked in her more casual attire, from the miniskirt to the shirt and everything between, his mind immediately rushed with images between them. He was trying to keep a "professional" air about him for today, since it was a day to be tested, but other than that the façade was more or less paper thin as he continued to scan over her...and the more "private" article of clothing that he barely had a chance to see, but regardless, the little contortionist managed to get her legs into the small of his back, the rabbit giving a chuckle and a peck on the nose before she jumped down. Hehe. Glad to see you too, Prose. Been a while. And it certainly isn't gonna be a bad time with you around He spoke, giving her head a pat before following her to the table of choice, taking the menu and beginning to pour over it. I'll take your word for that, preferably nothing -too- alcoholic for the time being. Can't exactly do what we came to do while buzzed...granted that would make things more interesting...but after the busting run I had, I don't wanna get -too- over in my head. He commented, eyes slowly going over food and drink...he could go for a nice burger and fries...
Anything related to an actual mission seemed to be the furthest thing from his companion's mind as Prose settled and looked at the menu, humming to herself as she swayed back and forth with a small, playful rhythm. The menu, if Jazz looked at it, seemed to have a variety of fairly normal cafe fare – individual options were marked for the different types of needs navis might have, and which way they could be ordered; one mark suggested that the food could be served purely aesthetically, to emulate flavour, while another denoted items that could be provided in ways that provided actual cod-based sustenance for navis could benefit from it, or that needed it.

The drink menu bore an additional marker, to show whether a drink was available in a way that simulated actual alcoholic effect, or not, but overall it was substantially fancier, and the drinks bore peculiar names, with little pictures; they were called things like 'optimism', 'defiance', 'joy' and 'nostalgia', but there were also ones named things like 'melancholy', 'wrath', 'sorrow' or 'fear'. A small warning text was written in fine print at the bottom of the menu, suggesting that guests were advised to partake of their emotive drink range in moderation.

“So you had a rough run? Where did you go?” Prose flicked here eyes up to Jazz, a coy grin creeping over her features for a moment before she tapped one finger against the menu and confirmed it, though Jazz couldn't tell what she'd ordered. After a moment of looking at him, though, she tilted her head and her brow furrowed.

“Seriously though, tell me about it... I can tell you're not hurt, at least nothing recently, but that's some strange... Did you go sneaking into a lower net on your own, or is that something else being where it shouldn't be again...?” She leaned forward now, a more focused expression taking over, at least for a second or two, before her drink arrived and she sat upright again to let it phase into the space in front of her. Seemingly distracted, she took a large sip through the straw and hummed, letting her eyes roll back for a moment before focusing them directly on jazz again with a smirk that was... hard to read. The drink itself came in a tall, fluted glass and was a deep reddish-purple colour, with spiralling white streaks through it, and what looked like small heart-shaped pieces of purple ice floating near the top.
Jazz continued to bore over the menu, tapping along the sides before noticing the drinks, their...more than peculiar names...and the warning at the bottom...seemed like these drinks did more than just get your drunk for a pleasant time...he tapped on the Nostalgia, he could use a little bit of a reminder of his past in all honesty. And then he put it down slowly, the navi furrowing his own brow as he laid back, back sunken into the seat as Prose popped the million zenny question, with a chaser therein. He let out an exhale as he straightened up and leaned a bit forward, spreading his arms so his own drink could materialize. He summoned a data pad to slide to his bunny, since he doubted the navis around them wanted to see what was gonna be shown.

Well, there's the question. It was going fine for a bit, I took on a bounty from that Wrangler fellow. It even was in my old stomping grounds, Sharo. Stephine even bought a pair of Floatshoes so I wouldn't exactly be "inconvenienced" by the terrain nearly as much. He began simply, though something was still eating away at him and it showed on his face. Up until the fourth battle, I was slaying dragons, Bluegons specifically, even managed to get a couple high tier chips for this part of the net. Then it all went to shit at the end of the fourth one...a massive, gaping hole opened up in the middle, completely devoid of paneling...I had managed to get into the air with a Microburst of my own design before everything fell away and managed to scramble to the edge of the field, midair, using the microburst of a GolemHit3 Stephine managed to roll up and my Needler to jump off of. Make it to the end, everything in the middle...completely gone...except for this shining portal. Jazz continued, even bringing up some footage Stephine managed to splice together from the events, showing Jazz falling, but making it to the end without incident...and then the portal showing up.

I managed to live...but something didn't feel right...that portal I could jump into with another Microburst, so...being the upstanding, and stupid, citizen I was...I jumped in without thinking twice...I wind up in a glacier, likely right underneath the network itself, but not exactly in the layer beneath the normals. I...hear things...a cacophony of voices...and it was obvious something was burrowing into the glacier itself...I drop a Firebomb into a connecting hole and find myself on the outer part of the glacier and begin sliding down, using a sword to help steer me if I need the mobility... Jazz continued to narrate, the footage continuing from his point of view on a pad as he made his way outside the tunnels, the (mostly muted) roar of the WORM he had faced, sounding on the pad as Jazz began to clamber down the glacier, letting gravity take hold of him...then the WORM exploding out of the glacier from an aerial perspective, flooding out of the exit Jazz took. From there...it was a chase down the glacierside and me taking potshots where I could, doing everything I could to avoid getting chomped...the voices only I could seemingly hear roaring out at me...I did everything I could...then gravity petered out and I was...manic...I...I went to a dark place in my head...survival of the fittest...me vs it...and it got me...nearly swallowed me whole...memories...feelings...dread flooding me and every crevice of my mind...helpless...I managed to kill it...I managed to avoid dying...but it was just luck I landed the last shot needed before it burrowed deeper into the network...I was barely able to move...partly from fear...partly from the cold it marked me with in it's dying breaths...partly...from anger at myself...for having gotten so weak over these years... Jazz spoke, softly, even as his hands began to shake, it felt good to confine in Prose, but all the same... I was a different beast back then...back after the original Cybeasts had been deleted. Literally and figuratively. I was lying back in Yoka...I'm an old hand at virus busting, but my netop just had to get money from the mafia back then...to strengthen me back then...and importantly...make enough cash to pay them back. Jazz continued again, visibly on the verge of tears as he began to babble, even as he tried to make himself stop, even as the footage continued along. Stephine, discretely, sending a PM to Prose if she was receiving them from outside her circle.

Quote (Stephine)

Sorry about him, he's...not on his game today...I tried to make him rest a bit more, but you can see how that went. I think he trusts you more than me right now, your name sparked something in him...and he was absolutely manic, as you're probably seeing now. Old man's been through a lot it seems, specially after his original netop...died in front of him, as he said to me. And if you need a name for that...thing...before it was deleted, it was showing up as Binary.WORM. It might be something to look into once everything's settled. Again, I'm sorry, I really tried to get him to take a longer break.
When his drink arrived, Jazz was greeted to a pale purple drink that was clear but tinged towards brighter colours at the edges of the glass, and around the straw; the taste was soft to being with, but became a lingering, mild honey taste in the back of his throat. With it came a swelling sense of appreciation for good times passed; the drink itself didn't really call to mind actual memories, but Jazz might well feel the inclination to think on some of his own as the feeling slowly flooded him.

To begin with, Prose listened to Jazz tell his story intently, but whether it was the drink affecting him, or simply the difficulty of the situation being described, her eager expression swiftly broke into something more concerned, then worried. Her eyes traced the images and recordings that the data slate showed, but her eyes never left off watching Jazz himself for long. When the creature he had encountered showed up, however, her eyes widened – though if either Stephine or Jazz were watching closely, it didn't seem to be out of surprise, or fear, but something else again. Recognition, perhaps? The slight blush that had been beginning to bloom in her cheeks drained away and she quietly pushed her drink to one side as the recount continued.

As Jazz grew more overwrought in his story, Prose bit her lip, her brow drawing down, before the girl slipped out of her chair, shifting over to sit on the edge of the table in front of Jazz, so she could bring her head more level to his; she leaned in to rest her forehead against his and reached out to take his hands when they shook, holding them together.

“Hey, it's okay... shhh... It's all right...” For a moment, as Stephine's message came in, Prose looked up and past Jazz, as thought towards the spot where the operator's view point had tended to appear by jazz at other times, and offered only a small nod of her head, though she didn't address the communication directly. Her focus flicked back to Jazz a moment later.

“You're here, okay? Just having a drink, and you're alive. You did well, and you survived... survived something that most navigator's wouldn't have, and something that no navigator should ever see... and that fragment at least, it probably won't devour any more navigators or other programs now, and that's good. You did good, okay? It's okay.” A tone of worry threaded itself through her voice and she seemed less than certain about the reassurances she was speaking, despite her efforts.

“Sorry, I'm... I'm not good with this. I know what I'm supposed to do and say, and all that, but...” As she struggled to calm him down, the bunny-girl groped for diversion instead.

“Hey... you mentioned the old Cybeasts, right? Before they were... destroyed...? I, um, that was before my time, you know? What were they like? Did you ever see one? How do you feel about them?” She sat back again, pulling back from the hug unless Jazz expressed any desire to hold on, which she'd let him draw out as long as he wanted. Eventually, however, she slipped off the table edge and reclaimed her own chair, although now the smaller woman scooted it around the table to sit beside him, turned sideways so she was still facing him.

“Look, um, if you need more time, that's okay... I probably got ahead of myself, setting up this date and everything without really telling you, and there really is a job I need to do, and your help would be really useful, and I can sort everything out for you for the network access... I just thought we might spend a little time together first. Damnit... Sorry... I should have asked first... Are you going to be okay?” Hurried words tripped over themselves as she tried to reassure Jazz of her own intentions, obvious motes of frustration at herself growing in the background.
He began to breathe deeply as he decompressed finally, the shaking hands slowly becoming steady as he began to breathe deeply, prose catching a light sent of his honeyed drink on his breath as he slowly calmed down, the larger bunny pressing his head gently against hers, faint signs of tears in the corners of his eyes. He felt better now...he...he was okay...for the time being as she spoke, he quieted down, even if he felt any potential stares at the back of his head, he was still alert, he was still not completely calm, but...he calmed down when she gently took his hand, and he took hers in his, gently squeezing it.

Stephine, meanwhile, was looking towards the two rabbits and caught her nod, seemed her PM went through to the smaller bunny. She breathed a sigh of relief as she watched Jazz begin to calm down, mania replaced with...well...something else...hope? Contentedness? Whatever it was, she leaned back in her thick office chair, sipping away at some soda to calm her own nerves for a moment as her PC hummed...it seemingly doing something with some background processes. Analyzing? Downloading? It wasn't clear what she had set it to do while Jazz began to calm in a window overseeing the two. She had more to do for her navi...well...if he chose to stay with her after everything happened...something began to tug at her own feelings...something foreboding.

I-I'm sorry Prose. I...I guess it all came out at once. I...I'm not used to this sorta thing... Jazz finally spoke as she continued, soothing him, congratulating him. He didn't want to pry more, he was slowly pushing the mania in the back of his mind down. Th-Thanks...Prose. I'm...I'm calming down...I...I guess I have some PTSD to work out... He commented again, almost not feeling the grope, he let her go back to her side of the table for the time being. Even if everything hadn't left his system yet, he closed his eyes at the questions, inhaling deeply.

I...think I'll be alright for now. You didn't know what I had experienced...and I'm not about to back out now, Prose, I can handle whatever viruses or problems we face...I just...it all hit me like a freight train, all at once I guess. But...about the original Cybeasts... Jazz spoke, slowly coming up with his words, formulating...expressing... Never saw them back then. I...remember the roars they made as they were resurrected back then though...practically every navi on the network at that time heard them. I do remember them erecting some statues of them though...one of each in practically every net back then, probably by some sort of ask by them heroes...one was a fearsome wolf, formed by bugfrags well before my time, believe it's name was Gregar. Then there was a bird, created to eliminate Gregar but similarly going berserk like the former one did, big enough to rip even the strongest navis apart back then, that one was Falzar. Both were mortal enemies, but were sealed away like the four we know today, but similarly were released. Well, I never saw em in person...but I will never forget their roars...scared practically every navi on the net back then shitless and then some. And...I dunno how to feel about em, since there's not a -ton- of data on em...probably meant to prevent the past from repeatin...fat lot good that did everyone today...and gods know if the data I saw on em even exists today...maybe in the Rogue or Chaos Nets...part of the reason why I want to get stronger...go deeper into the nets... Jazz explained, taking a sip from his drink every little bit to keep himself refreshed before pausing, getting up, walking to Prose and giving her a hug, picking her up and petting along her head gently, her head along the nape of his neck as he held her and pet at her. Though if she concentrated hard enough, she could feel the outline of something in Jazz's hand, all but embedded in them, going all the way to just under the knuckle. Gloves? But he wasn't wearing any now. Heh...we're both a mess, Prose...but I think if we stick together...we can unfuck ourselves to some degree. I'm tryin, tryin to be a good person, better than what I was back when...not just for myself...but for you and Stephine. So...calm down...we'll see whatever we gotta do through to the end even if it kills me.
The moment gradually passed, Jazz's companion accepted his continued hug with alight squeeze in return, though after it seemed like the immediate upset and tension had passe,d he heard her mumble into his fur in a wry voice.

“You know, this isn't how I planned this date to start... but I'll take it.” She nuzzled him briefly and broke the tension with a small giggle. “You know, I haven't had an honest to goodness date in, well.. years? Ever? It's complicated... I'm not supposed to spend long around individual navigators, and even this is kind of cheating, since it's technically a mission briefing. Don't tell anyone.”

As they moved the topic on, she seemed briefly surprised by his comments on the Cybeasts, her eyebrows raising up and her ears perking up in response as well. After a few moments of listening, though, recognition seemed to catch up and she nodded. One idle hand slipped back out to pull her drink closer again and she took another sip, blushing briefly as she did.

“Oh, right, the Old-Old cybeasts. If I understand right, they were eventually scattered, and their essence more or less became the old group of beasts that nested in the modern nets – you know, Riccio and Drauchen and those ones - and then when each of them was destroyed, their essence changed again... Or, ah, that's what I've read, at least. It's like there's some kind of primal necessity for them. Whatever people do to defeat or destroy them, they always come again, in different forms, and with different names... but some part of them remains the same. Or, um, so the theory goes.” She shrugged and sipped her drink, casting her eyes to the side briefly.

“Do you want to get something to eat as well? The food isn't bad, but really, it's the drinks that I came to this place for. It's amazing what they can do with synthesised emotive sensation for digital entities, really. It's pretty fantastic. How's the Nostalgia? I got a Lust, but now I think about it, I probably shouldn't have started pre-gaming until I knew where we were at. I feel kind of guilty now.” She shrugged and her ears lay back with brief embarrassment, that did not actually stop her from taking another sip of her drink and sending an increasing flush to the patches on her cheeks where the fur was thinnest.

“So, come on, tell me more about you. Last time, I, uh, I wasn't really in a question-asking mood, and there's nothing wrong with that for a one-day meeting with a handsome and... Energetic... gentleman, but this is a proper date now, so... Tell me more about Jazz, Jazz.”

The bunny girl seemed quite genuinely interested, but at the same time, she'd admitted that she was supposed to be getting to the actual briefing and the mission, however much she stalled for time. IT would be up to Jazz how much he wanted to kill time and relax, and how soon he wanted to get to actual business.
Jazz smiled at Prose as she gently "escaped" from his comforting hug, the hare giving her a chuckle in turn as he gave her a kiss on the forehead, a gentle little rub on the ears as he caressed her face briefly. Hehe. Yer a person, Prose. I don't think yer higher ups should care if ya got "acquainted" or even close to people as long as ya give em a fair challenge for their missions. So it takes a few extra minutes to get to da briefing, as long as the job gets done, do they really have a place ta bitch at ya for gettin close? You've got a life outside-a them and work, let your hair down and let yerself enjoy the moment. At least, that's what I think. Jazz softly said, giving her nose another little peck before slowly leaving to his side of the table, giving a wink as he sat down, taking a sip of his drink as he let it take root, he felt the shadow of his past looming over him...beady red eyes looking down at him and gloved hands ready to strangle his current form...

But then he came back to the present, his mind slipping back into the current time as Prose began to speak again, about the old-old cybeasts he was most familiar with. Yea. I've kept some loose tabs on the new cybeasts...one for each of our network elements. Though the forms they take...is more than a little chaotic...a dragon, a bear, a freaking shark...and a porcupine of sorts. It's...bizarre to say the least...though, rumors in the undernet say there's some sort of big payoff if you take one out...even if they probably just come back afterwards. I'm...almost tempted to look more into it, but...I mean, y'gotta be fucked in the head to fight one-a them, let alone by yerself. Jazz spoke out, thinking about the four that infest the nets these days, thankfully he could at least read their BBSes down there, gods know if he was found out...there'd be hell to pay. I'm enjoying this. Though, the memories it brings up aren't exactly...the best...plus after earlier today, I don't exactly have much of an appetite...well...mostly. He added on, giving her a sly wink at the end, he was still not in a good place...but he was better than earlier.

Then came the million zenny question. His past...haunting the back of his mind...no matter how much he pushed it down, the hare taking a long sip from the drink in front of him, letting the honeyed taste linger for a moment before speaking, half the glass gone in an instant. I...heh...I knew that was gonna come up. I'm gonna preface this now, what I say...it's not pretty. I am ashamed of myself...no...furious...at what I was back then. But I still manage to drive people away with my past. I won't blame ya if you if you do the same. He began, hands taking on a visible shakiness again, not as bad as before, but it was enough to catch. I...was a terrible person. Before the end of my netop's life...I took on the traits of...of Megalomania. I didn't give two fucks about who got in my way. If it wasn't my netop, they had two choices...get out of my way...or be deleted. I was a scourge on the Sharo networks, strangely enough I never wanted to leave there, I...didn't want to terrorize anywhere else, from ACDC to Net City, I had no fucks to give about anywhere else. And...I killed a lot of innocent people. I gunned them down in cold blood with little regard to anything else. We were mafiosos to the end, though even the superiors were real tired of what we were doing. My op did borrow a lot of cash in total from them...but we always paid it back...at least until the last time it happened. Jazz continued, misty eyed, looking out to the stars before long. If there is a hell for navis, I am definitely going there one day. He added, looking out at space as a whole, stars twinkling at the end of it all. Then...once he was plugged fulla holes, between me and the leant zenny...something snapped in the back of my head. For a good year or so...I rampaged through Sharo, and just Sharo. Good. Evil. Mafia. Police. It didn't matter, you'd die by my hands and by the end of it all you couldn't tell the difference in mannerisms between me and a Cybeast, past or present. Even the mafia had a hard time keepin my association with them under wraps, the ICP was constantly tryin to take me out, but never could. Then at the end of that time period, from what I recall, I don't even remember why I wanted so much power in the first fucking place and the year I rampaged is a massive blur for the most part...but I clearly remember some undernet types...a small group of them coming up...just to put me down. He continued on, inhaling deeply as a melancholy flooded his mind, before looking back to Prose and locking eyes with hers.

Obviously...they didn't kill me. From what I can remember...they pulled a sealing "ritual" on me, similar to the original two cybeasts. Shackled me...and left me to rot in the undernet. For what purpose...I'll probably never know. They coulda deleted me, but instead left me to rot in a deep portion of the net. Time passed in the blink of an eye, I blacked out and woke up a good twenty-some years later. Right in the middle of Net City, in the form ya see me in. I was so much bigger, like a rabbit-like sasquatch. Ya couldn't even see my face under all the fur and the beard I had at the time...just my eyes and an outline of my mouth. Leather fingerless gloves...a belt full of tools you'd see in gurilla warfare...even syringes and other such things. By the end of my time back then...I believe I was estimated to be at roughly today's power level of...fifty or so way back when...probably enough to take on one of today's cybeasts on my own...probably a good thing they weren't there... Jazz finished, an obvious resentment on his face. His features twisted in a snarl by the end of it all, with relief washing over him even if his eyes had drifted downwards, shame written in them. Sorry for bringing the mood down again, sweetie. But...I am trying to...to be better. I really am. I don't want to become that monster again...I...want to be remembered as something better, even if the whole net were to implode tomorrow, I'm...almost thankful...I was forgotten...I was somehow given a second chance...I don't wanna waste anymore of it than I have. I want to be better and I want to never return to the beast I was...and I'm at least on track for one of those things. I'll never be able to truly be able to shake off what I did, I'll never make up for it, but...I want to think I can. And I wanna start by helping you with whatever is needed to be done here, or wherever it is you need me to go.
Almost unconsciously, Prose seemed to lean her head into Jazz's small touches and affection, her eyes closing for a moment or two in the process; he's already had a chance to learn a couple of the spots around her ears that made the bunny girl shiver and she was content to let him apply that knowledge now. At the quick peck on her nose, she opened her eyes again and looked up at him with a smile that was strangely wistful.

“A person, huh? I'm a lot of things... but thanks...” The brief glimpse beyond was gone again as she smirked more broadly and giggled, nosing him back again. She leaned over, shuffling her chair the rest of the way so that she could sit more alongside him and rest her smaller form against his, her head against his arm as she let him tell his story. As he continued, one hand slipper across to rub encouragingly at his arm.

By the time his story wound up, she had leaned forward, her other arm on the table top so that she could look up at him without moving away; the girl's expression was pained and worried more than anything else and her hand on his arm squeezed in comfort.

“So... you remember all of that? That wasn't... I mean, I've read all the files, but I didn't think...” she stopped, her teeth clicking shut as she cut herself off, biting her lip and shaking her head softly. “Doesn't matter. I don't think you're that person anymore. At least, I don't think you need to be.”

The whole revelation didn't seem to put Prose off, so much as elicit concern from her; it seemed clear that, from her perspective at least, the Jazz in front of her was not the same entity as the one in his story, and she wasn't going to judge him based on it.

“What's the phrase they use? 'We've all got our secret crosses.' I don't actually know where the term comes from, to be honest, but it means that everyone has burdens they carry, and things they regret, I think... and what matters is who we try to be in the moment, and what we do as we move forward with them.” She raised an eyebrow, peeking up at him again, then shrugged and took another long sip of her drink. Jazz could feel a small shudder pass through her form beside him.

“Okay, that's enough philosophy! Everyone's got a secret and some have a mountain of them. Big deal, right? I'm here, you're here, you're a handsome guy and I've got energy to burn, and that's what matters right?” Her voice picked up as some of the energetic bubbliness returned to it, with an underlying thread of determination to keep it that way.

“I mean, really... I didn't mean to dredge up history. I was mostly just asking, like, you know... what's your favourite food, where you like to go for holidays, whether you like your ladies stacked or slight... but you know, I warn you, I'm a bit biased on that last one, hehe...” Here, she winked at him, a playful twinkle in her eye. Out past the observation railing, a meteor shower started to sparkle as individual shards sparked and scattered across the atmosphere of the large planet nearby and the few other guests at the cafe wandered over to watch. Prose looked too, taking her eyes away from their more private scene for a moment, then nudge Jazz with her shoulder. Another drink had appeared beside her and she pushed it closer to Jazz with a meaningful glance. This one was in a shot glass, but was a swirling flare of yellow and orange. A quick glance at the menu and its small icons would let Jazz identify it as 'Enterprise'. The taste, if he accepted it, was warm in the mouth and set a pleasant, fierce sensation all the way down to the chest, which was answered with a mix of hope, determination and the sense drive to succeed against odds.

“Go on, think of it as a pick-me-up.” Prose was finishing the last of her own drink now, taking long breaths and fanning her cheeks in between. "I want to go... catch a movie or something... but I don't know how much longer I can really draw this out. This isn't like my delivery work; it's got to be handled. I mean, after everything you said, I'm not sure it's such a good idea. It's complicated... but you'll be fine, I know you will. And we'll both have earned a proper treat once it's done, promise.” Here she giggled again, uncrossing and re-crossing her legs under the table in between looking between jazz and the, admittedly fairly spectacular, space show that was going on in the distance.
As she rubbed along his arm, she could feel small bumps, groves and telltale gashes along his skin, ever more scars from past and present, even some fresh looking ones likely from the WORM encounter earlier. He was inhaling deeply, trying hard to keep himself calm throughout the story, it was clear he was trying to remain calm as his memories dredged themselves up. Thanks. He said simply, sincerely, as he felt her shudder from the dredge of her drink, hand gently clasping hers and giving an ever gentle squeeze. I...just wanted to make sure I had all my cards on the table, Prose. That's really a lot of the reason. Specially i- when we keep seeing each other after this, to hell with your bosses. You can't be on the clock all the time, and when you're not, my PET and Stephine's Homepage will be open for when you need to kick back and relax. Jazz spoke, simply again, but...with a renewed hope? Something else sparking him onwards at the very least. I...I know what ya meant, don't worry, Prose. I just...just wanted to tell you. I trust ya, I really do. And I wanted Stephine to know too, though I guess she does now. He said with a chuckle, rubbing the back of his head. god It's been so long since I talked about this sorta thing. He added under his breath with a light chuckle.

Turning his head to where things were happening, the meteor shower began, the stars falling just outside of their touch as everyone watched on. Even in his calmed state, he saw flashes of something in the back of his head...him falling, falling, falling deep into the abyss. Shaking his head, the image out of his mind, he felt her gently nudge him, his eyes immediately moving down to her and then the shot glass. The rabbit looking down the warm looking liquids swirling about. Nodding at her, the rabbit took the glass to his lips and slowly let the contents slide down into his mouth and down his throat, savoring the taste...the feeling of it...his chest welling up with warmness...hope...everything positive he could feel, began to well up inside him. Thanks, Prose, I really appreciated that pick-me-up. He said finally, letting the feelings slowly settle inside himself, a contented sigh escaping his lips. Then, I guess the sooner we get this mission done, the sooner we can enjoy some more downtime. So, please, if you would Prose, I'm all ears about what all you need me to help ya with. Come hell or high water, we gotta do what we gotta do.
Prose was quiet for a few more moments as they both savoured the last of their respective drinks; as much as she didn't immediately respond, her eyes dropped to the table as he spoke, and it was easy to note the small woman's body language drawing in slightly as Jazz talked about putting all his cards on the table. For a brief second, she seemed almost guilty, before returning to a warm smile and her usual playful demeanour; she slid her own glass back and forth between her fingers a few times and glanced up at Jazz again only once he moved on to ask about the job. With a nod, she stood and stretched.

“It's okay, really. It means a lot to me that you told me, and I promise I'm not scared, or put off, okay? You can be whoever you want to be – that's what's great about the net, right? Sure I can't tempt you with a spa date and a movie after? No?” She raised an eyebrow at him, folding her hands behind her head as bounced on her toes. Still smirking, she let out a dramatic sigh and feigned wiping sweat from her brow. “Alas, to the grinding stone again we go... Okay, so, here's the deal...” Her eyes flicked to one side, and a faint crackle hummed in the air. The ambient sounds of music faded away and the noise of the other patrons muted down to the faintest of background murmurs. A soft silence filled the space directly around their table; even Stephine would need to turn her PET's volume right up just to keep following the conversation – though she could do so easily enough.

“So... I'm not just a delivery bunny. Big surprise, right?” Here she smirked and wrinkled her nose at Jazz. “Though I bet you'd like to see me in my costumes for all the seasons, huh?” She stretched on her toes to give Jazz a quick peck on the cheek, then settled again, this time hopping up to sit on the table, with her feet swinging, just beside him. She continued after a moment.

“I do a lot of work, all over the net, I don't exactly work 'for' a group of people, so much as 'with' them. A group of folks with their roots in a long, long legacy back to a different group that probably even had a name once upon a time... A group of folks who want to keep the net in balance. No necessarily 'safe', and not necessarily 'good', but in balance. The holiday work you saw me doing – that's the nice stuff. That's me, trying to say thank you, to all the net navigators out there who are fighting and risking themselves to keep other people safe, because each individual might be small, but it all matters.” She paused and tilted her head, making sure to catch Jazz's eye more clearly. “Really, it does. I don't feel like I do even close to enough to say thank you.” She looked back to the meteor shower and continued after another second or two.

“But then there's other stuff too. Just as important, but a lot of folks wouldn't like it. Virus families go back as old as the net itself, some made by people, some spontaneously mutating... but at the end of the day, still data and code. As much as they sometime seem like a whole living eco-system of viruses on a network they're suited to... most of them aren't. Not really. Most of them, they're generic, no real life or anything unique about them. They replicate in very fixed, specific ways, and they go about their purpose... and they need to. So, when the balance population of various strains of viruses suddenly gets far too high, or far too low, it's usually because something has gone wrong. And it needs to be fixed. Most navigators don't even know that the germinators and forges and such exist at all, and it's better that way... I'm getting off track...” she closed her eyes and shook her head briefly, then sighed and lay back, stretching out on the table top with her knees over one side.

“Point is... Lots of things are far more organised than they seem on the outside. Sometimes, it's part of my job to help keep it that way... and that's what I've got to do today. I need to check on someone, and take some readings, and work out if something is wrong. It's a controlled facility, but it's left unstaffed except when a team is there to run checks. Normally it would be a team... trained programs with specific directives... but like I said, I'm not meant to spend extended time around net navigators, so whenever I need to check something I do it alone. On the bright side, it means there won't be anyone else there to question me bringing a friend along.”
As she said this, Prose shifted, stretching occasionally, almost languid, like she was bored; each small shift caused a brief hike in her skirt, however, and after the third time her occasional quick glances towards Jazz made it clear that she knew full well what she was doing. Feigning obliviousness, she continued the breifing.

“The place is in the rogues, and when it's dormant, it's got a sort of perceptive sterility to it – viruses are generally just kept away without really being aware that they are – it's made to seem boring to them, kind of. Once we're there, though, I'll have to turn everything on, so it may get a little bit dangerous – that's why it's normally a full team. It only really takes one or two navis to keep the place fully secure, but someone might need to descend to the actual holding zones, which are in lower nets again, so they need enough people there to cover all eventualities.” She paused again, scratching at one ankle which she had conveniently pulled up onto the table, one knee bent upwards and pushing her skirt all the way up with it, while shielding the view from other patrons, all except Jazz.

“It'll be easy enough. I'll take you down, show you the place, we'll check the house guests, I'll take some readings and you'll watch for stray virus incursions while I sort it out. I'll never be more than a shout away if you need help. Easy enough, right?” She moved her raised foot across to nudge Jazz in the arm with one dainty toe, before making sure she had caught his eye, just in case he was looking at something else; if she managed to catch him peeking, it was followed by a smirk and a giggle. “Got all that, handsome?”
Hehehe. Whatever ya want afterwards, sweetie. I think we could use more RnR after everything's said and done. My treat. Jazz chuckled at Prose, with a grin plastered on his face, hand over hand as he interlaced his fingers, elbows on the table. Oh what the fuck Jazz...bah, whatever. Fine, but you're going on another run later, got it. Stephine popped up. Like I wasn't. Just no more giant malworms. He rebutted, waving his hand. No promises, but will try. She replied almost immediately. A good little ribbing between op and navi, buisness as usual, right? But as Prose began, Jazz leaned in a bit with a cock of his eyebrow. Meanwhile, Stephine grumbled under her breath, raising up the sound on her PET and the computer she was working at, she had no choice, but at least she didn't need to hike the PC's speakers up too much...

Ah figured as much, otherwise, why'd you be the one doin my net assessment? He spoke, raising his brow a little higher, chin on his hands before getting pecked on the cheek. Well, I mean...of course~ But we can save that for later, now can we. He spoke again, booping her nose gently with a playful chuckle before letting her begin her explanation and what she was doing. His hands together, fingers forming a "bridge" to keep his head atop them, he listened. Not often there were neutral forces, do good, do bad, keep the net in balance...on it's toes. As she turned back to the meteor shower, he let her continue to explain what she did...how the net was kept on balance, before memories to Yoka where they met welled up as she explained about viruses, their "purposes" and, of course, if a strain of viruses gets too high...kinda like what the Wrangler's been doing as of late. Alright, alright, I think I'm putting the pieces together somewhat. These people, and by extension you, are tryin to keep the net from gettin too cozy or too dangerous when there's no outside forces going at it, kinda like way back when, or I suppose more recently, the big ol Net War we had which discovered the networks beneath the Normals. He finally spoke, getting the pieces together in his head after a moment, hands slowly moving about in sweeping motions as if to simulate what had happened recently. And that's the reason behind the Puffy.BUS when we met in Yoka. Keep virus populations from growing too big, or we have issues like what the Wrangler's doin with the whole Bounty system and networks keep gettin fucked up. Too low, people can't document, fight, and by extension, get chip data from those viruses to use in every day life. Yea I can see this is a bigger thing than I was expecting, but then again, sounds like there's a lotta things underneath it all and I'mma gonna ask you more later, but sounds like you can't exactly divulge a ton. He continued while she was stretching out atop the table, the navi letting out a sigh and giving a nod.

Then came the actual briefing, something in the rogues needed to be maintained, fixed, and summarily, Prose needed an extra hand keeping any rogue-tier viruses off her back while she was doing the checkups on someone and the facility itself. He nodded along, eyes drifting as she was showing off a bit more skin, eliciting a playful grin from the larger rabbit in front of her before getting a gentle poke in the arm. Yea, I think I got the whole of it. Keep any viruses off your back if they DO attack, and knowing my luck they will, and help with anything if ya need it. Kinda wanna get in on the inner workings of the net, help where I can, help YOU specifically, but we can hash that kinda thing out later if you think you can put a good word in on an ex-monster. Honestly, sounds like you guys are doing a lot more good for the net than the Net Police are, at least under the surface. Then again, sometimes not getting recognized for your successes or failures isn't the worst thing, keeps you and your loved ones safe if nothing else... Jazz finished, leaning forward to give her lips a gentle peck and her rear a sneaky little pinch while he thought there were no eyes on the two of them.
Jazz was rewarded with a small squeak, and a giggle accompanied by his companion only half-heartedly wriggling away from his pinch, though she did sit up again properly, crossing her legs on the table now; small as she was she was still fairly close to eye level with Jazz, and didn't seem to care that sitting on tables wasn't exactly good cafe etiquette. It didn't help her decency too much, given the shortness of her skirt – it really was much shorter than the one she'd been wearing at their first meeting, and her behaviour made it hard to imagine it as anything other than a deliberate choice.

“Okay, if you're ready, let's do this. Oh... Um...” She glanced up, looking past Jazz to address Stephine, even though there was no visible view screen at the moment. “The signal may get a bit fuzzy at times, if you're not used to operating lower down, and there might be one or two points where we lose you, just for a few moments, depending on what systems I need to use at the facility. Just a heads up, so you know. I'll try to warn you if it's something I know about.” Her attention flicked back to Jazz directly. “You ready?” With Jazz's approval, she scooted off the table and stood straight, coaxing him to do the same, then opened her arms and held them to to the sides slightly.

“Hold onto something...” Her grin flashed cutely pointed white teeth and she winked at him. Once Jazz grabbed on, the noise suppression around them ended and the sounds of the cafe and the other patrons came back to full volume, but it lasted only a moment as a tingle of energy flowed across from the smaller woman to Jazz. Behind her back, he caught sight of a faint red glow, before his senses scattered to a brief white out and her felt pressure all around; no transit beam or handy gateway, but rather a sense of pushing bodily through something solid and resistant, before the sensation ended with a sudden release.

His senses came back almost at once; the air was cold and a little bit musty, and there was a scent like machine oil, ozone and steel. Looking around, he'd find that they'd arrived in a place that looked similar, but strikingly different at the same time. There was still an observation platform, but gone were the cute tables and cafe counter. The stars beyond were clearer in the pervasive gloom that shrouded the site, and Jazz could now see the hints of astral formations tracing reds and purples through the gaps between them. The satellite they were on seemed older and more worn – no less maintained, but weathered and lacking the same presentation and polish that it had a moment ago. Rather than signs pointing towards food, drink and relaxation options, Jazz could see a selection of far more serious and uniform indicators. Outside on the platform, the individual telescopes had work stations alongside them, though they all looked packed up and unused. Inside, through the sealed glass doors, the area that had held the reception desk now bore a sign that had been obviously blanked out. The stairs leading upwards had a simple arrow with the word 'Control' on them, while the sign on the stairs down bore 'Containment Level 1, Transits to levels 2-5'.

The planet below, which the satellite was orbiting looked different here as well; it now resembled a damaged shell of what Jazz had seen before – rocky holes bored through it in many directions, with scatterings of space debris forming floating asteroid fields around where parts of it had been shattered out. Overall, the was definitely something familiar to the feeling in the air here – the vague shrouding of everything bright, and the sense of time and neglect; What memories Jazz had of previous times in the rogues would likely come to mind to confirm to him that they had indeed descended to the lower network. Prose was still standing next to him as his senses cleared. The faint glow at her back faded away again and when she turned to look about, the only sign of anything of that colour was the simple red wing pattern picked out in thread on the back of her chest band, along with the small red fluffy charm that she wore on a black strand, woven into her fur at the nap of her neck. She glanced back to Jazz after turning about for a few seconds.

“You good?” There was a hint of caution as she looked at him, just to make sure the older hare was dealing with this much alright. “Let's get this place turned on then... things will probably start showing up to investigate once it's all activated, so be ready.” She rubbed at the back of her neck, a brief look of apology crossing her features.

“I shouldn't really get involved in too much of the fighting, if any occurs. It's not a great idea... but if you need help, I'll be here, and I will, so, don't worry, okay?” With that slightly odd reassurance, Prose started making her way towards the central core of the satellite, and opened the sealed glass doors to the inside with a tug; they hissed and there was a brief rush of air billowing outward; it smelled slightly less musty than the air outside, but only slightly. Nodding for Jazz to follow, she made her way inside, then hopped up to lean over the central counter, the stretch left her toes more than afoot off the ground ans she reached around behind the desk for something on the other side. Jazz had another handful of seconds to appreciate a wardrobe that wasn't (or maybe was) intended for bending over at the hip; as she searched for whatever she was looking for behind the desk, her tail flicked up a couple of times, seemingly on its own, and sabotaging the skirt further.

After a few seconds of this, however, a rumbled reverberated through the floor, followed but a deep vibration and a low whirring sound that rose to a n ever-increasing whine. Heavy metallic shuttering echoed across the space coming from different directions and a blast of suddenly fresh air accompanied by the glow of low power lighting heralded the facility, if that's where they were, coming back to life. Prose rolled over on the desk and pulled herself up to sit on the edge of it, facing Jazz, rather than dropping back down.

“Right. I've sent the relay signals so everything will start getting powered back up now. This is just running power, so you know. All the systems this place needs to look after the house guests are all hard-celled on different controls... this whole corner of the net could go dark and they'd still keep going, mostly.... but, you know... navigators have certain needs, which in most cases includes a tangible traversal space between nodes, and that takes power to generate... Still, lights are coming on, so, we have to get to work... where do you want to go first? We can head up to control to make sure all the baselines are normal, and I can do a quick visual check there as well – might give me a bit of prior warning if whatever is amiss is easy to see... or we can just head straight down and start doing the readings right now, and work through everything I've got to check, and we'll just find out what's throwing things off here as we go. Up to you!” The serious, clinical nature of the task and how it sounded was strangely juxtaposed against the way Prose leaned back on her hands, letting her feet swing off the edge of the desk in a relaxed way.
Jazz was definitely not -trying- to keep peeking under her skirt and all that entailed, but all things considering with her flirting so blatantly with him...it was definitely hard to ignore the raging lust in his heart as she was certainly NOT dressed for just a simple mission briefing. But all things considering, it was easy on his eyes with his honeybun teasing him, put him in a better headspace than before at the very least. But as Prose glanced up, looking past Jazz for a moment to brief Stephine on what was about to happen. Gotcha! She affirmed almost immediately, she had enough chips with multiple uses that Jazz could make use of regardless, plus...it was Naxa, so he had an inherent advantage going on regardless here. Turning her head to the PC screen, keys typing on the screen as she began to look up "A Dummy's Guide to Rogue Net Navigating" in a nearby search bar. As good an idea as any considering people have begun operating in the Rogue Networks as of late.
Jazz, immediately grabbing onto either side of Prose, giving a very gentle squeeze on top of it, his eyes immediately going towards the back of her...a red light? That was certainly curious if nothing else...then again he did remember the wings she wore back in Yoka...then he whited out ever so briefly...and the feeling he was passing through something, most likely the floor beneath them. Then again, it wasn't so farfetched...considering the networks beneath the normals were more or less "paved" over by the world as a whole, it made sense at the very least where they were going was quite literally beneath their feet as a whole. His head clearing just a moment later, the dim, musty area they were in felt much, MUCH more like where he was expecting to see Prose in, having let go of her after their phasing through the area.

Huh...this is the Rogues eh...definitely feels like it doesn't get any traffic. Jazz finally said a moment later, head turned to look over at the area, specially out the window, gawking at the nebulas and stars that shone outside. Much clearer than in the cafe, plus...the forboding nature of the Rogues helped put him a little on edge like you should be in space, even as his heart pounded at this point. Yea, I'm good, don't worry. Just admiring the view outside... He'd respond a moment later, blinking out the ideas in the back of his head. Yea, don't worry about me Prose. I aughta be fine after a moment...and don't worry, I don't think I'll need to call on ya for nothin. I got a new kit, I got some good chips...I think I'm ready, even if I feel a little underleveled for this sorta thing. Get things goin and I'll keep out tha riffraff. He spoke, following Prose towards the glass and followed her inside, watching her practically lean over the central counter, a perverted grin over his face as she bent over, skirt hiked up practically as far as it could with the tail only further pushing it on his end. He let her get things done, hearing the metal shuddering across the station, the whine of power increasing as time went on...and a most appreciated blast of fresh air to blow away some of the must that permeated the area as she hung her feet down over the edge of the desk.

Thinking on things for a moment, weighing pros and cons between the options, Jazz spoke as Stephine crackled to life in the back of his head. Yea, definitely feels like a lot is gonna go wrong if we're not careful to say the least. At least that's just my gut feeling on the matter. We should probably go up to the control room now and make a full check of what needs to be done and what may have gone wrong out here, make a list, check it twice and get a full idea of what we need to do before doing it, make things less messy in the end. Just hope we don't have any viruses that decided to nest down here when we go down below to fix and maintain things. He spoke finally, looking around the musty and dusty station. Gotta agree with Jazz here. Stephine spoke finally. Ugh, stupid ass book, give me the run around will you. ANYWAYS. I'm running blind here for the moment since it's still connecting down there, Prose, but I have full connection and speaker functions. I'm at my PC too, so if you need some outside input I'm available to help if you want. She continued, tapping away at her PET and Computer keyboards. Alright, you heard the woman. Lets get a full checklist of what's wrong out in this building and see what we can do to keep it maintained and fixed. Jazz continued off his partner, letting out a stretch with some pops of his arms and shoulders. Let me just get a little comfortable here for a second. He spoke, suddenly remembering something.

Spreading his arms and legs outwards, the lapine began to take on a faint glow, even as his scars began to take on that same glow, the rabbit's bodysuit began to rip apart at the seams, eyes closed, his body just bare enough to pass "rigorous" censorship policies in TV, the rabbit's body quick to cover itself up. A large pair of black overalls began to come up around his legs, a good size or two bigger than he was meant to wear out and about as it drooped down on one side as it came up around his chest, shoulder and back, buttoning one side of the outfit while the other remained loose and unbuttoned to the main outfit. Meanwhile, the scarred rabbit's chest was covered with a white, oil covered wife-beater shirt, staining the fur underneath briefly before drying out. All the while, his arms took on a large black jacket similar to Prose's from Yoka, covering him from the shoulder down to his midsection, a rather large pair of white bat wings with a good couple feet wingspan each, sprouting from his back at the shoulder blades before shrinking down slowly to a more manageable foot apeace. And for the cherry on top, a large red pompom sprouting from his head in the middle, going up a good foot or so on it's own power before the pompom began to droop for a few centimeters from it's weight. All the while, there were pockets upon pockets on both Jacket and Overalls, not to mention the insides, all filled to the brim with tools, all deadly, destructive, restorative or a combo of the three, with a pair of leather gloves dyed black (and from the looks of the divots in the knuckles, some steel to make an enemy go loopy) to go with the entire outfit. After the cross finished, Jazz leaned forwards to give the bunny a peck on the lips again with a playful grin. It ain't a kid, but it's the next best thing with a cross. Funny how helping a girl out with her troubles and giving her a good night can make both parties come together in a special way. He teased playfully, nosing her gently before leaning back to give her space to get down. I don't know what happened, but my gut's telling me to call you a "fucking showoff" right about now.
Still sitting on the desk, Prose gave a short nod to Jazz's decision, but then tilted her head, leaning back to watch with one eyebrow raised as his form shifted and changed. She was grinning by the time the shift was complete, running the tip of her tongue over the the pointed tip one tiny fang as she took in the new look. His quick affection was met with a reciprocated, if equally brief, return motion before she broke into a fresh giggle.

“Heh... Looks like I made an impression, huh?” The now even comparatively smaller woman leaned forward to reach out one hand and stroke it over his chest, brushing her finger tips against the surface of his emblem; despite the cross, it hadn't actually changed, and the moment might bring to mind the brief realisation that Jazz had seen every intimate inch of the bunny-girl's body quite thoroughly, and she didn't seem to have one of her own. “It's nice to know there are real ways that people remember you, more than just paperwork and responsibilities, you know?” The short moment of a warm, soft expression lasted just long enough to slip back into a bubbly, mischievous smirk a moment later. “I mean, I don't know about kids or anything, but the coming together bit is definitely fun.” She poked her tongue out at him briefly then winked and skipped off the desk before she could be punished for her terrible joke. Jazz was left to follow her across the quiet, empty lobby space towards the stairs up; she paused at the base to wave him on and darted upwards with nimble, rapid skips, disappearing from sight a second later.

Most of the initial thrum of sound had died away again now that things seemed to have run through whatever start-up they were doing; the internal lights were on now, but it still left the area feeling eerie and empty in the spacious quiet. The open space outside looked darker now that the lights were on, but for the moment things seemed safe enough still.

Up the winding stairs, Jazz would find himself climbing for a solid three or four storeys worth of steps, all in silver metal gantry and smooth walls; small light globes were set into the inner column of the stairs every quarter turn, giving off enough glow to see clearly. Eventually, it opened into the centre of a large, round chamber with a glass dome top that showed the starry sky above. A slim ring of narrow desks circled the stair well, with walk-through gaps between them and office chairs. Beyond the ring, the outer circle of the chamber had a double bank of terminals all the way around, each with a small work station alongside it. Up here, there were no signs or descriptions of any sort; it gave the impression that no-one who was up here, if they were supposed to be up here, would need any signs.

Movement on on side drew his attention quickly to Prose. The smaller rabbit had darted across to one of the terminals and was tapping at it now; she had taken one of the office chairs, but rather than sitting in it normally, had turned its back towards her work station and was kneeling up on it, leaning over the back with her hips swaying side to side as she swivelled the chair back and forth. She glanced over her shoulder long enough to wave to Jazz with one hand and continued.

“Okay, so, this is the observation level. It's where you can check on the basic status of all the house guests in the holding and containment levels below. I can do basic checks here, but can't actually fix anything other than really minor software problems. Each containment is on a closed, independent sub system, with some hard gates for security, so I'll have to check each one of these terminals. Well, most of them. It'll only take a minute though...” Her body language was relaxed and lazy, with languid rocking back and forth on the swivel chair and her tail licking at the end of each twist to flash beneath her skirt suggestively at regular interval,s but if Jazz looked past that to where she was working, her fingers on the terminal moved a blurred pace that he could barely follow.

After a second, the screen she was at changed to show a closed room, and behind Jazz, a holograph of the cell lit up on a curved display in the middle of the chamber. The room itself looked like a fairly comfortable hotel room, with soft carpet, a simple bed, a book case and a desk; it had no doors or windows. A book was open on the desk, three quarters through with the open page only half filled with writing. A pile of blank tomes rested by the foot of the desk, tall enough that someone sitting at it could pick up the top book easily. A figure was lying in the bed, under the covers, seemingly asleep, except for the way in which streams of soft green light streamed from under her eyelids, drawing tracers across to the desk before fading from sight half way. As prose worked, the lights in the chamber flickered across to a pale green, and instead of the figure in the bed, Jazz could see a figure made almost entirely of soft pink light sitting at the desk, writing furiously; where the streams of green light had faded out before, they faded in, in pink light now, connecting up with the the eyes of the spectral figure. At the terminal, Prose sighed and nodded.

“She's happy. Okay, next...” With a shove and a clatter, she rolled her chair across to the next terminal, roughly bumping the other chairs along in the process. The image shut off, and moments later was replaced by a new one. Similar to the last, this one showed a chamber that was lightly but comfortably furnished. In the centre of the room, a humanoid figure with six arms sat in seeming meditation. One pair of hands was folded across its chest, a second held a prayer stance, with one closed fist curled inside the open palm of the other. The last pair of hands was pulling frantically at the program's hair, in a strange fervour, completely ignored by the rest of its sedate, calm, body language; whenever one hand successfully pulled a chunk of the long flaxen hair out, it immediately disintegrated in its grasp and grew back on the program's scalp. Once again, Prose nodded, then shoved her chair along. One by one, images of programs with obvious, strange eccentricities or anomalies showed up. The ones she was moving through right now had clearly printed designate numbers on both the terminals and the screens that showed up; each was listed as “CL1RN” followed by a dash and two letters. Further down ring of consoles, Jazz could see the designates changed to “CL2CN”, “CL3CN”, “CL4CN”, and finally a single terminal separated from the others with the designate “CL5UN”. Prose had started just to the right of that one and was moving right – seemingly putting it off until the end.

The scanning went on for another minute or so, giving Jazz enough time to look around or ask any questions, though despite her teasing, Prose stayed mostly focused on her work as she chatted and answered. She had just about reached the end of the the 'RN' designate terminals, seemingly without problems, when, from below, a sound of breaking glass echoed up the stairwell; Prose glanced back and caught Jazz's eye.

“Sounds like you're up, lover boy. I'll be here if you need, okay? Be careful!” She paused long enough to blow him a kiss over her shoulder, then perked up with a fresh grin. “Oh. It's a bunch of Invaders. You'll be fine! Go get 'em!” Jazz could rush back down to take care of the new arrivals, but he could possibly also guard the stair until they come up, depending on how close he wanted to be to Prose while he was fighting... either for potential help, or if he wanted to show off.”

==

Choose your battlefield!

Observation Room: Mostly metal terrain, lots of technical equipment, may be possible to blockade the viruses in the stair well if they're forced to come up. Prosopopoeia.lapin is here.

Entry level: Mostly normal terrain, more room to work with, leads out to the viewing platform and then out into Spaaaaace. Enemies will will also have more space to manoeuvre. Prose (probably) won't see you being awesome.
Jazz let out a chuckle, the bladed knife and yellow music note crossing over one another as if they were equals, strange enough he didn't change to a emblem similar to hers...granted...she didn't seem to have one of her own, bringing far more questions to him than answers, but for the time being, it was irrelevant considering what she had told him, so she was maybe a special type of navigation program? Or something entirely different. Hard to say at the very least. But as she made that horrendous joke, well, Jazz just had to try and swat her ass for that at the very least, though she managed to slip away from him before he could connect. Regardless, he followed her like a good bunny, he could give her a swat later when things were done.

Moving swiftly with the objects in every pocket he had clinking around with a metallic sound as his feet continued to make the dull thrumming across the area, doing his best to keep up with Prose. Reaching the stairs, the rabbit let out a sigh as he began to make his way up, practically hopping up the stairs one step at a time in a fairly quick rhythm, ignoring the atmosphere for the time being as he continued to try and keep up with her. Grunting out as he finally made it to the top of the three stories worth of stairs, a little winded as he patted his chest, the navi turning his head upwards as he looked on at the scenery in front of him, ear twitching subtly at the lack of personnel...the lack of anyone for that matter being here. It seemed like they were out on lunch or something, but that was just him thinking. Then the movement drew him to Prose, eyes looking square at the bunny's for a moment before she started on what she was doing, giving him a sway of her hips from side to side, leaning over the back as she swiveled the chair back and forth with a chuckle from Jazz. Not a bad place for an observation deck...y'know, minus the atmosphere. Kinda cozy in a way with the stars shining outside... Jazz spoke finally, hands laced across the back of his head as he began to take note of how Prose was acting on the job...lazy...relaxed...but at the same time, her fingers going faster than he could follow...she was definitely in the mindset of doing her job, even if her body language suggested otherwise.

Turning around to the display firing up behind him, the rabbit eyed the closed off room, a simple room, but comfortable enough for what it looked to be. His eyes immediately looking over at the figure in the bed and causing him to raise his brow, hands parting from behind his head and instead stroking at his chin, wings doing a curious little flutter without him even thinking about it and whipping the air up around him briefly. The green light streaming from beneath the eyelids as the figure "slept"...then the lights flickered across the room, a pink figure...writing ever so furiously as the bedded figure's eyes flickered across in the same pink light as the figure. Curiouser and curiouser... he mumbled as he stroked his chin before turning back to Prose as she began to roll her chair along to the next terminal.

And again, another room flickering on moments later from the last as Jazz turned around and let Prose do her work. Much like the last room, it was comfortable enough to live in if nothing else if you didn't desire much in your room (he wasn't one to complain about a free room, let alone ones like the ones on screen) but...this seemed different...a containment facility? A shelter? It was hard to tell as he watched the six armed navi ripping out it's own hair as it continued to meditate, seemingly unaware...or ignored...what the last two were doing to it as the hair grew back. He continued to turn back and forth between Prose and the navis that flickered on screen for a few moments, each eccentric or having peculiar anomalies, but each different from the last in those peculiarities.

Hey, Prose, anything you can tell me about this place? I can tell you now, I won't speak a word about what's happening here. But...all these programs...these navis...what are they here for? Jazz finally asked as she continued along the consoles in her path, each and every program popping up as he continued, his eyes trying to learn without asking. Each one...I can't put my finger on it...but each-a these programs seem to be afflicted with something that's not exactly "Normal". Is this place to keep em outta the public eye or somethin? He spoke, worriedly as he continued to watch things unfold across the screen...at least until a crashing sound of glass happened to echo up towards them. His head turning to meet Prose's eyes and letting out a sigh. Figured things would start happening now of all times.

Roger. I'll meet them down as far as I can to give ya some room, you just worry about getting things completely checked out. Jazz nodded at Prose, whilst Stephine was finally patching in on Jazz's position, and with it a clear screen of what was going on. Through the static and fuzz, She finally got Jazz's position on screen as her computer copied the feed onto itself. FUCKING FINALLY! Cheap ass PET, last time I get one pre-owned. Alright Jazz, I've got visuals. Sounds like just in time, too. She exclaimed, with all the fervor of a drunken sailor as her face came up next to Jazz's head. I'll keep an eye on your love bunny, Prose, but don't hesitate to ask me anything or ask for a little help, I think I can handle multi-tasking while I'm here. She continued, giving Prose a nod as she blew a kiss to Jazz, who in turn gave the bunny a wink. Alright, I'm headed down to deal with the riffraff, see if I can't get one or two of them thrown out the airlock while I'm at it! He chuckled, beginning to run down the stairs as fast as he could, resisting the urge to slide down the stair's handrail lest he dizzy himself in the process.

(Battle location: Entry Level!)
(Using first action to maintain ProseCross before battle begins, Normal/Speed, High Gear/Overclock)
With no time to wait for an answer to his curiosities, Jazz made his way down the stairs just as quickly as he'd climbed before. As he got to the bottom of the stairs, the hare and his operator were greeted with a sight that they'd been more or less forewarned of. The glass entry doors had been shattered inwards, and a couple of electrical scorch marks marred the lobby floor beyond. Two figures, mostly humanoid in appearance, but with much smaller bodies and substantially larger, more bulbous heads had drifted in through the shattered doors and were crossing the lobby when Jazz arrived; they each wore tight white body suites trimmed with black highlights, and where their faces showed he could see strikingly purple skin tones and angry, bloodshot eyes. Both wore ill-tempered scowls which only twisted into deeper sneers as they clocked Jazz.

Behind them, just crossing the threshold of the broken door, two more of the strange invaders drifted inwards, arms folded across their chests as they started to scan the room. One of the front ones barked a series of quick, short commands in a viral tongue, and the group immediately began to spread out and prepare for a fight.

-=Invaders, Obviously=-
Invader2Invader2 (Invader)

Flying about with its eyes bloodshot, its lips permanently scowling, and its comically tiny arms folded, the Invader is a mostly humanoid-shaped virus, about 5 feet tall, wearing a tight bodysuit that covers its body from neck to toe. It is much shorter in reality, however, if you look past the gigantic cranium it has on its head, which easily takes up a third of its total size. Bulging with folds and creases, it seems to pulse every few moments with electrical arcs running over its surface. With intelligence up and above most viruses (and some Navis), they will not hesitate to use more complex tactics than normal viruses. The V1, V2, and V3 versions have blue, purple and red skin respectively. Normal versions wear a white bodysuit with black trim, while EX versions wear a black bodysuit with white trim. The Z version has light green skin with purple bodysuit and black trim, and its eyes are entirely purple.

Area: NAXA

HP: 190
Primary Attack Damage/Effect: 50 Elec + Piercing + Chain 3
Primary Attack Accuracy: B
Primary Attack Description: Generates a powerful ray from its massive brain, which can arc towards nearby targets when it hits.
Element: Elec
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Synapse2, Mindbender (Rare), Zenny
Special: Omnishoes
Special: Chain 2: This attack, upon striking a target, may change directions towards a new target. This may be done up to 2 times in one attack.
Special: Can use Mindbender once as a free action.
A: 190Hp [Normal] [Halfway across the lobby towards Jazz]

Flying about with its eyes bloodshot, its lips permanently scowling, and its comically tiny arms folded, the Invader is a mostly humanoid-shaped virus, about 5 feet tall, wearing a tight bodysuit that covers its body from neck to toe. It is much shorter in reality, however, if you look past the gigantic cranium it has on its head, which easily takes up a third of its total size. Bulging with folds and creases, it seems to pulse every few moments with electrical arcs running over its surface. With intelligence up and above most viruses (and some Navis), they will not hesitate to use more complex tactics than normal viruses. The V1, V2, and V3 versions have blue, purple and red skin respectively. Normal versions wear a white bodysuit with black trim, while EX versions wear a black bodysuit with white trim. The Z version has light green skin with purple bodysuit and black trim, and its eyes are entirely purple.

Primary Attack Description: Generates a powerful ray from its massive brain, which can arc towards nearby targets when it hits.
Special: Chain 2: This attack, upon striking a target, may change directions towards a new target. This may be done up to 2 times in one attack.
B: 190Hp [Normal] [Halfway across the lobby towards Jazz]

C: 190Hp [Metal] [In the entry way]

D: 190Hp [Metal] [In the entry way]

-=Security Team=-
Jazz.Exe: 200Hp [Normal][Bottom of the stairs]

-=Terrain=-
50% Normal
  • No effects.
[Most of the floor]
20% Metal
  • Cannot be Broken or Cracked except with Geddon/PanelShot, cannot be Burrowed into.
  • Elec attacks: +100% Source Damage.
  • 100 Damage Aqua attacks: Change terrain hit to Cracked.
  • 100 Damage Fire attacks: Change terrain hit to Furnace.
  • PanelShot: Imbue Elec + Break.
[Rectangular section at the main doors out]
20% Magnet
  • Non-Elec Elementals get -30% Evasion, and 50% (+/- 25% RP) chance to fail movement off the panel.
  • Only Elec Elementals can burrow.
  • Wood attacks: Change terrain hit to Normal.
  • PanelShot: Imbue Elec + Seeking.
[Thin edge of the viewing platform]

Battlefield is a large spacious lobby interior, with a service desk on one side and the stairs on the other. The far end of the field to Jazz has the shattered glass doors which lead out to the viewing platform where they arrived.

-=Objects=-
Service Desk: 120Hp [MetalBody] [Opposite Jazz, near end of the lobby]

Other objects, such as the work stations and telescopes exist out on the viewing platform, if Jazz goes out there.

-=Network Access Battle 1, Start!=-

Making his way down in a hurry, Jazz's cross disappeared in a puff of smoke, leaving the rabbit even heavier than before, leaving him with a groan and a grunt as he hopped off the steps, the rabbit dressed in his normal bodysuit, scars peeking out of some crevises of his body as the little purple creatures caught Jazz in the stairwell. Tch. At least this didn't burn out the cross...I think I could still activate it later if I wanted to... Jazz mumbled under his breath as battle routine set in, the rabbit looking up at the quartet of little purple men in straightjackets hovering into the main entry area, two in front...two in back...

Alright, I can work with this...Stephine, mind bringing up some data if ya can? Way ahead of ya fuzzy butt. Fuzzy butt!? From what little I managed to dig up, they SEEM to be an evolutionary offshoot of the Voltz family of viruses. Though instead of electrical shocks in a area, they prefer mind beams that chain to other targets, so don't think about using cover on this one. They...also seem to have some REALLY dangerous tactics...smarter than the average virus...unique tactics...smarter than some navis so you're up a shit creek on that one FUCK YOU! and to top it off, these little purple alien fucks have free flight AND can use the chip MindBender once each, which will turn your little rabbit brain into a confused mush for a good bit. Oh, and they'll lop off a good quarter of your HP per hit. But since you're alone and there's like, no objects around...you shouldn't have to worry about chain effects if they miss. Stephine spoke, with a few interjections from Jazz in return for her jabs at him. She continued to look over the field as she tapped away at his PET and her keyboard, idily shuffling through her chips she had strewn across her computer desk for easy access.

Thinking for a brief moment, Jazz quickly reached into his navisuit, the rabbit rummaging around the chest area before pulling out a small object...a seed? A seed? What's that supposed to do? Seriously. Stephine asked simply and quickly, tilting her head. You'll see. Send me the IceDragon too, it's something I'm gonna try incorporating into my fighting style, those dragon chips will definitely be a nice boost. Jazz began, pointedly and simply to Stephine as he slowly moved the seed between thumb and forefinger. Rolling her eyes, Stephine slotted the chip in quickly thinking it was gonna just fizzle. Once the data had reached Jazz, he was quick to grin at the Invaders as he turned his attention to them. Sorry ya little purple bastards, we don't want no galactic overlords here on Tera Firma. But we ain't gonna let ya leave without a little...gift... Jazz continued as he flashed them a grin, bringing his arm backwards, hand in a fist before swinging it back forwards like a pendulum and letting the seed fly towards the duo of viruses, letting the arc attempt to go up and over one of the invader's heads...just enough to drop right behind the two and in turn...as the exact moment the seed hit the ground...an innumerable amount of wooden spikes would explode outwards from the drop off point in an instant, as mud, vines and bugs clung to them all the while a massive spike exploded out from the point of impact and drilled deep into the ground beneath, sending out an echoing yawn from the newly created chasm...and a deep guttural roar from deep within...

Keeping himself light on his feet, Jazz would make his move away from the stairwell before they could fire off their attacks. His feet quick, the rabbit began to move towards the left of the area, inch by inch he made a quick hop into the air, twirling himself through it in the process as his feet scraped barely above the field in such a way to bring himself away from the walls if nothing else. But as he did this dodge, the rabbit began to summon the Dragon within, the hole within the area beginning to let out a light rumble as he began the summoning process. And amongst the rumbles, a cold breeze blew and out came the dragon itself, a small beast not much bigger than the Invaders that flew through the area, the small aquamarine creature with shining scales in the bleak atmosphere crying out with a monsterous gutteral roar, beedy red eyes scanning the extraterrestrial creatures in the area as it rolled through the air, taking aim at the majority of the group. Rearing it's head back and inhaling, cold sharo air was quick to follow as it made a bombing run at the two in the open part of the area, freezing ice covering the floor for a hot second before melting away...all the while as it did it's bombing run on the trio it was targeting across the entire field, icicles began to form in the air seemingly out of nothing, twirling and rotating, waiting to launch another attack or shatter into pieces if the targets were successfully hit. After it's energy was spent, the dragon quickly returned to it's hole from where it came from, disappearing with narry a sound.

Another moment of time, another moment he spent not moving, Jazz was quick to make a correction to this behavior. He didn't need to move far, he just needed to move fast...he's dodged lightning before, he could keep doing this...he had to keep doing this...his mind racing with ideas, he quickly thrust himself away from where he stood again, attempting to find a pattern or something in their attacks, a way to avoid them more consistently evade...but for the time being, he continued to move away from the walls of the area in an attempt to keep in the open area. All the while, a second click entered his PET and with it, a quick chant. Mystical energies quickly wrapping Jazz around in protective powers, a barrier and casing coming live without a second thought and on top of that, a familiar yellow shield wrapping around his forearm as he lifted it up and readied himself to reflect his problems away.
Overview
*Floatshoes: Ignore terrain effects
*STAB: Wood chips get +20 Single Hit, single target, +10 AoE/Multi-Hit
*Active: Smash, add Breaking property to one attack
*Passive: Mass Destruction; All AoE chips with Blast, Spread, Nova and Splash get +1 Coverage
1: Signature: Soil Disruption---> Throw behind Invader2A (35 Wood+Blast2, create Small Broken where attack landed, Thrown attribute, 3TCD)
2: Dodge towards the left side of the room away from the walls
3: IceDragon1Damage: 160 + Freeze + Homing x 3 Targets
Accuracy: B
Description: Summons a Bluegon from broken or missing terrain to breathe frost on up to three enemies, solidifying them with cold. Rare
Duration: Once
Element: Aqua
Special: Ice Type: This chip counts as Ice Type for the purposes of potentially freezing targets on Aqua Element Terrain or environments, as applicable.
Trader Rank: C
--->Invader2A, B and C (160 Aqua+Freeze1+Homing to 3, Ice Type)
4: Dodge further towards the left, continuing to stay away from potential walls
5: Signature: Protection Ward to self (40 HP Barrier and Casing to self, 2TCD)
6: Equip Guard1Effect: (1 Hit Shield) + (Reflect(up to 60 + Piercing + Line Attack): On Hit)
Accuracy: S
Description: Generates a 1-Hit Shield upon activation. When this shield blocks one hit from a non-Break attack, it responds with a hyper-fast damage ray.
Duration: Until broken or overridden.
Element: Null
Special: Negated by Break. Ignores Impact.
Special: Reflect: Damage returned is equal to the damage of the attack blocked or the damage cap listed, whichever comes first. Reflect is not subject to negation by Impact.
Special: Status Guard: This chip blocks debuffs.
Trader Rank: E
The Invaders seemed to take Jazz's self-assured threats with the same emotion they showed most things – a bloody-eyed calculation and a more domineering presence than their short statue might suggest. The two who had advanced towards Jazz both split sharply to the left and right as he threw his first attack, apparently ready for such an obvious play – but Jazz hadn't been aiming for them to begin with and as the seed struck behind the pair, one of the two was caught in the sudden eruption and rending of the ground; it hissed and shrieked something, though the large-headed virus sounded more insulted and offended than hurt at his stage.

As the lead two invaders parted to either side, Jazz was left facing the pair behind ,who had been waiting for that exact moment to launch a pair of arcing lighting bolts towards him from the centre of their foreheads. The first blistered up the centre of the lobby and Jazz managed to duck aside as he positioned; the other was arced up at the ceiling, rebounding down towards him from a more unexpected angle; this time, the hare only just barely managed to throw himself out of the bolt's way, though his nose caught a faint whiff of singed fur.

The invaders had started to move into the lobby properly now, spreading out and around to give Jazz nowhere to hide or shelter, but with all eyes on him, it seemed they hadn't quite expected the sudden emergence of a frosty summoned ally from the fresh-torn hole in the lobby floor. The dragon's attack caught two of the creatures off guard as they focused on Jazz; one of the lead pair took the full brunt of the attack from behind and was frozen solid, shattering as he fell. The other survived, though hunched over, clutching at his throbbing head in obvious agony from the unwanted brain-freeze. Nearer the door, the third blast of frost failed to stay on target for the other invader, but there still remained ice crystals in the air, aiming towards the creature.

The most injured invader straightened again ,letting out a pained shriek this time as its bloodshot eyes locked onto Jazz. Another powerful bolt of electricity erupted from it, just as Jazz manged to bring his own protections up; the bolt struck the shield he raised and Jazz felt the jolt crackle up his arm under the force of it, before the blow-back came and the guard responded, returning the bolt with extra speed. The Invader had a moment to realise this failure of its attack, before its own lightning bolt struck it in the chest and blasted it from the network..

The remaining two Invaders glanced at one another then back to Jazz; one closed its eyes and reached up to run fingers across its over-sized head, dragging off a scattering of psychic sparks that flared across the whole lobby; The other alien was ready and covered its eyes from the flare, shielding itself, but Jazz wasn't quite so fortunate as the flash of light seared at his mind, leaving the hare befuddled and momentarily disoriented while his senses were scrambled with broken static.

-=Invaders, Obviously=-

A: DELETED

B: DELETED

C: 190Hp [Normal] [Left of the entry way][IceDragon Homing]

D: 190Hp [Normal] [Right of the entry way][Confused!]

-=Security Team=-
Jazz.Exe: 200Hp [Normal][Left of the room, near the service desk][Barrier: 40Hp][Casing: 40Hp][Confused!]

-=Terrain=-
40% Normal
  • No effects.
[Most of the floor]
20% Metal
  • Cannot be Broken or Cracked except with Geddon/PanelShot, cannot be Burrowed into.
  • Elec attacks: +100% Source Damage.
  • 100 Damage Aqua attacks: Change terrain hit to Cracked.
  • 100 Damage Fire attacks: Change terrain hit to Furnace.
  • PanelShot: Imbue Elec + Break.
[Rectangular section at the main doors out]
20% Magnet
  • Non-Elec Elementals get -30% Evasion, and 50% (+/- 25% RP) chance to fail movement off the panel.
  • Only Elec Elementals can burrow.
  • Wood attacks: Change terrain hit to Normal.
  • PanelShot: Imbue Elec + Seeking.
[Thin edge of the viewing platform]
10% Broken
  • Not bottomless.
  • Reverts to Normal after a time, if no one is inside.
  • Doubles dodge penalties for bad RP.
  • 1-4 Movements actions to climb back out depending on method.
[Middle of the lobby]

Battlefield is a large spacious lobby interior, with a service desk on one side and the stairs on the other. The far end of the field to Jazz has the shattered glass doors which lead out to the viewing platform where they arrived.

-=Objects=-
Service Desk: 120Hp [MetalBody] [Opposite Jazz, near end of the lobby]
Having managed to avoid being rabbit-on-a-stick, Jazz avoided the worst of his enemies for the time being. UNFORTUNATELY for him, however, he forgot to shield his eyes from an incoming chip from the invader scum themselves, the rabbit immediately hobbling backwards as he rubbed at his eyes almost immediately in response...finding nothing had changed and instead, his legs began to wobble about to and fro, his body practically and completely out of his control for the time being. Jazz? Hey Jazz! What's going on here!? Stephine called out in response, the navi having trouble staying up on his feet amongst the confusion that inherently attacked his senses. Mind all full of a blanket of static, his ears ringing out internally as he continued to drunkenly move about, his own form barely resembling his normal paterns in the slightest. Hakkasbnsaljnhsa! Exclaimed the rabbit...a jumble of letters and static escaping his mouth, no way to discern what he was saying, let alone any chance to figure out his plan of attack.
Tapping away immediately at her PET and keyboard, she brought up a complete diagnostic of Jazz's condition...and found out the problem. His mind was fried for the time being, he barely had any atonomy, he could probably...MAYBE...take directions if she sent it into him directly and even that was a crapshoot. Even for her tastes, there was no telling if he'd wind up stabbing himself on his own sharp, pointy objects he had literally all over his person, let alone as hit the target she intended him to hit. Grumbling under her breath as she furiously typed at her computer's keyboard, fast as her fingers would let her, heavy typing sounds echoing off her apartment's walls as she furiously attempted to take direct control of Jazz's systems...even briefly...code flowing across her screen in a frantic attempt to get Jazz to, if ANYTHING, manage to hit the Invader that was not confused...if the IceDragon shot managed to connect, a single hit from Jazz would knock it out of the fight and keep him from getting too terribly singed by the Invader's Synapse beams.

All while Stephine was attempting to force Jazz to do something, ANYTHING, in his addled state, Jazz's legs continued to move about unpredictably. His movements stopping and starting all at random as he moved, even internally his mind was empty, absolutely no thoughts...no instincts...no nothing, just the barest basics to try and get him to stay on the net without actively sabotoging those systems. All the while, as Jazz drunkenly dodged about in an unpredicatable way, the ice shard that remained trained itself onto the Invader it had been given targeting data to. The sharp icicle immediately training itself, hovering briefly as it moved back and forth, slowly angling up and down as the Invader moved...and launched itself at the purple people eater with reckless abandon. Okay...okay...if my code works...this SHOULD do it... Stephine mumbled to herself, she wasn't sure if it WOULD work...but regardless...she hit enter and sent in her code. Code sent, Jazz's mindless body began to pick it up and stopped his drunken stumbling about, his head raised towards the Invader, the rabbit's puppet strings brought his arm into his suit and bringing out a trio of ampoles from within. Needles making a quiet sheen in the artifical light of the station, as his eyes trained upon the virus, his arm being slowly brought back slowly as his robotic motions quickly launched them at the creature in a loose fan pattern as Stephine would hope it would at least have ONE of those needles hit the flying creature in the air. Alright...I just need to send that one more time as his body tries to avoid being hit...thank god I don't need to type all that out again...

As Jazz's legs began to move again, his mind slowly began to clear up, a semblence of his original self beginning to shine through as the dodges became less drunken movements and more...slurred attempts at a proper dodge. His body beginning to duck and bob along the field as his legs brought him further and further away from the walls and more towards the middle of the room so he could more easily dodge attacks once his body got back it's full control. All the while, Stephine sent in the hastily made script for Jazz's empty mind to follow again, his body shifting slightly as the commands were recieved and his body began to obey to some extent. His arm reaching to the side of him as a trio of similar ampoles were brought out, a sheen on the fillings of those ampoles revealing a corrupted looking liquid within sloshing around, sticking to the insides of the glass vial for brief moments before sliding down like any good liquid would. His arm slowly being puppeteered again, raising itself backwards behind the rabbit as he obeyed and with it, a swift throw in a similar loosely tied fan formation being slung upwards towards the intended target, and hopefully with it, the death of the little outerspace bugger.

*Floatshoes: Ignore terrain effects
*STAB: Wood chips get +20 Single Hit, single target, +10 AoE/Multi-Hit
*Active: Smash, add Breaking property to one attack
*Passive: Mass Destruction; All AoE chips with Blast, Spread, Nova and Splash get +1 Coverage
*Ailment: Confusion, high chance of failing attacks or wrong designated targets
*IceDragon1 attempting to hit Invader2C (160+Freeze1)
1: Drunkenly dodge about
2: Drunkenly dodge again
3: Attempt Buster Shot---> Invader2C (15 Wood, 3 Hits, Glitch Shot)
4: Another drunken dodge
5: Another drunken dodge
6: Attempt Buster Shot--->Invader2C (15 Wood, 3 Hits, Glitch Shot)