Roy's 3D Workshop / Gallery

No problem at all; in fact, I’m the one who should be thanking you. :)

I’m sure whatever you make will look good, and will definitely be better than anything I could make. XD
@Sj I'll begin modeling Amity soon, but if I may ask a little more of you, would you be able to find a picture on the internet that more-or-less resembles Amity's dress? I get the long sleeves part and I'll add that into whatever you find, but it'll give the jumpstart I need to get going.

@Azureink

Okay, let me pin this guy down and make sure I've got his whole deal.

DragonierMan:
-Is highly destructive, relentlessly pursuing his enemies to their often violent ends.
-An aggressive melee fighter, though is proficient with melee weapons and can breath fire.
-Can be described as half-virus, a state that causes violent mood swings which he tempers with his original strict moral code.
-Is vengeful, honouring strength and despising cowards.
-Wears steel-grey, heavy plate armour resembling dragon scales. Armour is worn over chainmail, a pale grey cloak and a tabard(scapula) depicting his core and emblem. Helmet and gauntlets also have dragon themes.
-Skin only visible when visor is up.
-Can transform into a much larger monochrome dragon form (GMO).
-Is accompanied by three bruiser support programs.
From the waist down:
https://www.zalora.com.ph/fatima-beltran-clothing-line-long-gown-blue-955978.html
Something like that, although it doesn’t quite drag as much at the bottom.
If it was solid material, the chest would be right too. And yeah, we already talked about the yukata-like overhang on the sleeves.

In terms of the frills, this is the best I can see for a crude idea:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Highly-Confidential-Size-12-grey-Tunic-dress-with-frills-at-hem-3-4-sleeve-/183049592026
Amity’s dress is quad-lined in the same approximate distance at both the ends of the dress hem and the arms, but with the accented colour (white) instead of the main colour (cyan). Hopefully the sprite can add further explanation to what I mean in line with that pic and those words.
Cheers! Hopefully I won't need much more from you. (^-^)b
@von-dare said in [Roy's 3D Workshop / Gallery](/post/141962):
> Cheers! Hopefully I won't need much more from you. (^-^)b

Too bad for me if you do; just let me know. :)

Quote (Von Dare)

> @Azureink
>
> Okay, let me pin this guy down and make sure I've got his whole deal.
>
> DragonierMan:
> -Is highly destructive, relentlessly pursuing his enemies to their often violent ends.
> -An aggressive melee fighter, though is proficient with melee weapons and can breath fire.
> -Can be described as half-virus, a state that causes violent mood swings which he tempers with his original strict moral code.
> -Is vengeful, honouring strength and despising cowards.
> -Wears steel-grey, heavy plate armour resembling dragon scales. Armour is worn over chainmail, a pale grey cloak and a tabard(scapula) depicting his core and emblem. Helmet and gauntlets also have dragon themes.
> -Skin only visible when visor is up.
> -Can transform into a much larger monochrome dragon form (GMO).
> -Is accompanied by three bruiser support programs.

Sure. Though DragonierMan is Null Element and thus technically breathes null energy (whatever that means, maybe lasers or energy bullets) as a default. He has a folder of various elemental dragons/breath weapons/multi-target ranged attacks to go with his melee/sword chips.
Though I'm not sure how the support programs factor into this, unless you plan on putting them in later (which I am not opposed to doing that at a later date, but let's focus on one thing at a time).
The support programs are Magistrate, Suzume, and Aya. Suzume and Aya are twin sisters who started out as ninja/assassins (Shadow Subtype). Eventually all were "upgraded" to be similar knights (Team Subtype).

@Sj Here's what I got so far. Faces are still a struggle for me, but I hope it gets across what I was going for. The eyebrows make her look angry, and that's more from the hair than anything, but I'll be giving it a few tweaks. Let me know if there's anything glaringly wrong with this model and I can get it changed before I start rigging.
Wow. Major props, that’s astounding. :D

Any criticism I have to offer is probably less a statement about your skills and more about my lack of clarity in her design, so on that note, let me add to the design notes now:

* The flower on her head does not have two lines in the centre like her emblem does.
* In my head, the dress normally sits closer to the ground and hides more of her boots, leaving only about an inch or two visible.
* If you’re looking for references for the eyes, please check out this link: https://pin.it/kiy444luafjm5s
As you can see there, there is a very subtle transition between iris and pupil. The same is true of Amity’s eyes, they transition from blue to a slightly darker blue. It was too hard to do in sprite form so I gave up trying, but you have the opportunity to succeed where I failed. :)
* In terms of the shape of the eyes and eyebrows, I feel that the eyes themselves are too tall from top to bottom. Again, if you look at that picture above, the eyes generally are twice as wide as they are tall (not always, but definitely in this case since they are supposed to look like large human eyes). In regards to the ‘angry’ look, I think that’s because she doesn’t have eyelashes. If you were to apply a heavy line on the upper section of the eyes, and distance the eyebrows from the eyes themselves, it would soften the expression. If you need to distance the fringe from the top of the eyes slightly to get that extra room, by all means do so. Also, the slightest of curves on the left and right thirds of the mouth will also soften the tone to a mild nervousness.
* Last of all, the forehead may be a tad too large. Again, I may be generalising here, but in most cases a human-like head will have eyes around the centre from top to bottom. If that’s true in this case then the forehead does need to shrink.

Everything else is on point. Please don’t take anything I said above as criticism, I’m just sharing what I’ve learnt as an artist. That doesn’t necessarily make anything I said above right. :)

Again, if you have any questions please let me know. :)

@Sj Not sure about you, but I think the face looks vastly better than before, even just from flattening the height of the eyes. Thank you so much for the feedback <3.
@von-dare couldn’t agree more. Again; astounding and outstanding. :D