Cuddles & Dragons: Nightshade Edition

Nightshade looked up at Aya, squeezing her hand. He chuckled.

"I will tell you after you let me see how you look as a dragon." He mischievously stated. She could guess the reason for thay would be cuddles. Dragon cuddles. Since he was told both Aya and Suzume wherre dragons the little cat navi was trying to get them to show him their most feral form. "If you show me your Dragon form I will tell you everything you want to know."
Aya gave Nighshade a look.

"I would advise against assuming your dragon form inside a building," Magistrate commented. Aya rolled her eyes and threw up her hands. "Gah. Fine." She pushed past them toward the exit, muttering in expletives as she went.

When she was outside, and found a suitable open area for the transformation, she began to react similarly to DragonierMan when he had his transformation. As she changed and grew into her dragon form, her armor and clothing was subsumed into her, giving her scales a dark obsidian sheen. She sprouted large leathery wings, fanned ears, a set of curly, ram-like horns, and a long tapered tail. Unlike Drago, the Aya dragon didn't have a lavish mane of course hair. Instead she had two parallel rows of fins going down her back, starting from her head. She was all black and purple.

Reference

Nightshade's eyes grew big as Aya finally showed him how she looked like. The little armored feline couldn't simply stand stil, zipping left and right up and down, taking in every single detail of Aya's form. He seemed to be particularly intrigued by the texture of her huge wings.

Stopping over right in front of the dragon's snout, he walked closer and pressed one of his fuzzy paw hands lightly on her chest. He was dying to hug her, but perhaps it was best not bother the dragoness too much.

"Alright. Well..." He started, gently rubbing Aya's chest, feeling her scales. "I have been in Yoka, ACDC and well, Electown nets. As per battle stuff, I have already encountered and dealth with MetaViruses...even if I did need a little help."

Then, the little feline jumped up and settled down onto Aya's back. "I already have one Cross registered under my name too...man, your scales feels so much softer than Drago's. It's...it's like silk or something."

Nightshade was trying to be incredibly gentle with his movements, but one could tell he was way more excited to be mounting Aya than Drago himself. Turning his head over to Suzume, his ears flicked with curiosity once more. "And how do you look like, Big Sis?" He asked, really hopeful to see Suzume's dragon form as well.
"Similar to Aya," Suzume replied from the ground. She had pulled down a lock of her golden hair in her hands and was stroking it absentmindedly. "We are identical twins after all. The only differences are that my coloring is silver and blue instead of black and purple. And instead of ram's horns, I have one straight horn, like a rhino or unicorn."

One thing that Nightshade would've pick up by now was that Suzume and Aya were somewhat shorter than DragonierMan, by about 2/3rds of a foot in estimation. Their dragon forms also were smaller and sleeker. Instead of being a broad bus size, they were sized more like a minivan. Still, they were big enough for at least one to two people to ride on. An idea dawned in Magistrate's eyes.

"You three should have some fun for a while, while I wait for the mission with Drago," Magistrate suggested while giving Suzume a push. Clearly she just wanted a babysitter while the 'adults' discussed business. Suzume turned around to protest for a moment, but was stopped cold by an icy glare from Magistrate. Suzume slinked over and climbed up behind Nightshade on Aya's back. Magistrate waved at them as Aya began to beat her wings and rose into the air like a VTOL. It wasn't long before they soared into the air again. And Magistrate went back inside.

Nightshade grabbed onto Aya's neck as he found himself flying around once again. This time though, he had his new big sister with him. Wiggling his back into Suzume's chest, Nightshade was experiencing the definition of awesome and comfy.

"...Aya..." he mumbled. "Do you think I get to turn into a dragon too now that I have Drago's armor? Every time you guys transform, the armor you wear merges into your bodies..."

He wouldn't mind being a dragon. It would be a cool experience for sure. He would need just a little more of Drago's energy...but it could be doable.
"It merges with us, because armor sized for humanoids wouldn't fit our larger dragon bodies," Suzume explained, leaning in so she could be heard. She being the only one who could hear Nightshade's mumbling over the roar of the wind. The dragon wasn't doing any special tricks or anything, just making a scenic tour of the city. The skyscrapers, office buildings, residencies, etc. passed below them as they flew high enough to get above the skyline. If the group wanted to check something out closer in, Nightshade should probably ask them in a voice that could be heard over the noise.

Beep.

Suzume put her hand to her ear as she received a call. "Looks like we got a mission in Netfrica hunting things. Drago is calling you for your approval. After you accept, and we get the coordinates, we'll take you straight there through one of the Netfrica portals. Though if you want, we can head back to the BBS Building so you can talk to Drago and the mission provider yourself," she relayed to Nightshade.

The little navi thought for a moment. Well, for whatever reason, they were going to Netfrica to bust some viruses for the Neo-Shogunate. Drago seemed to be some kind of big rank in them, and they seemed cool in the end. Swiping his paw to open up a holo screen with the mission's details, he tilted his head. So they wanted Zoanoroids to participate in some kind of chinese thing in...netfrica. He guessed he could fit the Tiger role in the zodiac, while the dragoniers obviously would be well...actual dragons.

Turning over to Suzume, while still keeping himself cuddled to Aya, he nodded. "Tell Big Bro I accept the mission as well. Oh Oh, and tell the Shogun guy I want a New Shogunate outfit." He squealed over the wind.

Now turning to Aya under him. "Aya, you're so awesome. Thanks for letting me ride on your back." He thanked the dragon. Better late than never. "Can I stay here a little more?"
"Oh?" Suzume asked coyly while tapping Nightshade's draconic helmet with one hand. "Already tired of the armor we gifted you?" The dragon laughed. Suzume placed the hand on her ear and sent the confirmation. "Confirmation sent," she said.

The dragon continued to soar through the sky. "Yes, you can stay where you are," Aya called back over her shoulder. "We'll be transitioning like this once we receive the coordinates. Until then just enjoy the ride." The dragon banked to one side and headed towards the entertainment district. Many flashing neon signs and advertisement billboards soon dominated the landscape below.
"Oh no, no, not at all!" Nightshade quickly replied, squeezing his body closer to Aya . "This new armor I have it's amazing. I can feel Drago's powers all over it...and Yours and Aya's too!"

He seemed genuinely scared of losing it. "Wearing it makes me feel...so much more powerful than usual. Plus it's only connection I have with all of you. I...kinda want to stay with you all. I wouldn't mind having...well...a family like this."

The little feline looked down at his chest, where Drago's symbol was embossed in the metallic plate. "I'm a dragonier too." He mumbled, loud enough for both Aya and Suzume to hear. "I'm a dragonier too now. And I want to stay here. Maybe if I keep wearing this armor and stay in contact with Drago's energy I'll get my dragon form too."

He relaxed his muscles a bit when Aya allowed him to stay with her further. He was getting rather used to riding on dragon's backs now. He would even properly shift his weight to help Aya turn. His eyes shined with glee as he began seeing all the pretty colored lights below.

"This...this is the best day of my life." He stated, hugging himself to Aya's neck.
Beep.

Another chime went through everyones' commlink as they were fed the coordinates to the mission location. Suzume gripped Nightshade as Aya steered for a Netfrica portal. "Hang on," she called out as the dragon dived toward the portal. Assuming Nightshade didn't jump off or anything, he would be shunted through the portal while on dragon-back. DragonierMan and Magistrate followed through by a similar route.
Nightshade simply let out happy giggles, enjoying his secon trip on dragon's back. He was going to Netfrica it seemed. But most fun of all he was going there as a member of the dragoniers and was going to do some actual stuff with Drago. He was so excited. He wondered if he would get some cool experience out of this.

He wondered if Shane was fine with this, but he did say he knew he would be in good company. So it was probably okay.
((17 Nightshade/DragonierMan FXP awarded))
((From → White Tower))
----------

When she stepped outside with the others, Lyntael glanced up at the sky, and the scattered clouds that marked the expanse of blue. She wasn't sure exactly what time zone the city was based on, but it was already getting into late evening, back with Rogan and her PET, in Sharo. The inter-continental travel had really made a mess of her sleep times, and a part of her wondered how Rogan managed it. Because he barely slept anyway and didn't operate on a twenty-four hour clock to begin with, a second thought answered back. She shook her head and glanced towards her companions, pushing the thoughts away for another few moments.

“Don't you get in trouble, if you fly around the city as dragons? It must be great fun, but wouldn't it scare people?” She tilted her head as she looked to Aya and Suzume for a moment, then moved to begin walking alongside Yumi, hands behind her back as she moved from one light step to the next.

“I guess it's not really that I'm hiding from him... I shouldn't have to any way, I don't think. I'm my own person... I'm not his servant, or his slave... I don't owe him an explanation for going out and seeing friends, and I don't need his permission...” She shrugged, then sighed, and glanced across from Yumi to the dragoniers and Nightshade with a rueful grin.

“At least... that's what I was telling myself, a couple of hours ago, when I was angry at him. It's messier than that... To be honest, Yumi... Rogan is about as new to having a navi to take care of as I am to being one. I might feel like I'm sixteen, like I've got a sensation of a life lived for that long... but when I really think about it, I know that I've only been alive for about six months. Before me, Rogan didn't have a netnavi, and he's used to doing everything himself, he prefers it that way, and he never wanted me in the first place.” Saying the words aloud struck Lyntael in the chest like a lead weight and she paused, her steps faltering for a fraction of a moment. She'd never really articulated that bit out loud before, but it was true. He hadn't. It was for Eric that he accepted, and no other reason.

“Um... I mean, he doesn't see me as a real person, just an insentient tool that acts like one; a part of him knows I am, but he's stubborn, and he fights every day to keep believing what he tells himself.” She shook her head, and her hands lifted up in a helpless gesture in front of her as she walked, then dropped again.

“If I lived as he directed, I'd never leave my home, never see any sights, never meet any people, never have any friends, and I'd only ever have any kind of interaction at all when he needed to to go into some dangerous, hostile network and help him with his work, from the network side. I... I could never survive like that. I tried, and it was killing me slowly. I just couldn't do it.”

He... knows that I slip out, sometimes. Only when I know he won't need me. Usually when he specifically tells me not to interrupt him. We don't really talk about it. He doesn't ask where I go, or what I do. He tells himself that expressing an interest would just be playing into this silly 'game' more than he needs to... he acts cold, but I know that that's just the mask he wears, I know he's a good person, in his heart. He just... he just does bad things, for his work, sometimes...” She did her best to smile and shake off the less pleasant mood – she'd already told Aya and Suzume a similar story earlier today, and she didn't want to go on repeating herself too much. Instead, she skipped a few steps forward and turned around, walking backwards as she looked between Nighsade and Yumi.

“So that's me. What about you two? What's your operator like? I'm trying to imagine the sort of person who would partner with a couple of balls of eagerness like both of you...” As she walked, she glanced back occasionally to make sure she wasn't going to stumble. She could feel the tether to her emulation link, across the city, but between there and here she hadn't really looked at the map properly, and was mostly relying on Aya or Suzume to know the city better and point out the fun places.
When they were outside, the twins began moving towards an open plaza nearby, which was an open area suitable for the transformation. "Nah!" Aya said with a dismissive wave. "No one gets scared when the GNA patrol the City. Someone would have to be insane to mess with them. And they haven't bothered us yet. I wouldn't be surprised that they know exactly who we are."

"Also, there are plenty of odd, monster-looking Navis around the City. Some people might get spooked from time to time, but you won't see a general panic here," she added as she came to a stop in the plaza. "Please stand back!" she shouted to no one in particular, alerting anyone nearby that she wanted room.

Shadows began to dance around her in the late evening light. Her hair began to grow out longer as her face distended. Her skin turned scaly and black. Her jaw elongated and her nostrils flared. Her armor and clothing melted into her, as a newly formed bestial hide replaced it. Her arms and legs cracked audibly, and stretched out unnaturally. Finally a long tapered tail sprouted and grew out, sweeping in a great arc around behind her. She sprouted large leathery wings, fanned ears, and a set of curly, ram-like horns. She also had two parallel rows of fins going down her back, starting from her head.

Within minutes though there was an actual, bus-sized, black and purple dragon where Aya used to be.
Reference

"See, dragon," Suzume said with a prideful smirk. "The only differences between me and her is that my coloring is more silver and blue, instead of black and purple. And also I have one straight horn, like a rhino or unicorn, instead of ram's horns." She combed her golden hair back behind one ear with a hand, before her clothing rippled, and a pair of silver and blue leather wings shot out from her back and unfolded behind her like a paper fan. It was almost like she was a male peacock trying to impress a mate. "Not that we need to go full dragon in order to fly," she concluded.
Reference

Nightshade pretty much was riding on Yumi's back as the furred wyvern was more than happy to ferry him around town. They quietly listened to what Lyn was saying and couldn't help but have their ears droop, both of them. Thankfully, the depressing thoughts weren't lingered on much, so they really didn't need to be sad. Nighty turned to the right, looking at Aya transform. He wished he could do that, but in the end he had a dragon of his own and she was the bestest ever!

Yumi instictually moved to sit down beside the much much bigger Aya much like a cub seeks protection from the pack's elders. She looked up at his older brother then answered Lyntael's question for the both of them.

"Well...We were not created by someone for someone specifically." She stated, letting Nighty hop off her back so he could go play with Aya, gawk at her presence and demand her attention as the elder sibling currently assigned to cuddling.

"Well, actually...I was created with Nighty's source code and sis Aya's data, meaning I have been specifically created for Nighty. Thus, our bodies and minds are linked together in an everlasting bond. We're basically two parts of the whole." The blue wyvern turned back to check on the frizzy cat navi then resumed.

He...well he wasn't created by request of someone. He was created by someone but then was archived. I guess the orig8nal creator didn't like the happy attitude Nighty had. We will never know, we never ever seen him. Shane is the owner of a jazz bar downtown. He was in need of a navi to run the musicboxes and he...he basically adopted us, no question asked. Nighty was kind of an older model by know. It's the reason his extension is RX rather than EXE."

Yumi paused.

"Shane is nice, he didn't say anything bad when I first logged on in the pet. If anything I worry we are making him spend alot more money for us than we should. We have anything we can ask for in our HP. Though...we feel lonely there, so we just stay with our big extended family here! Shane doesn't mind. Even if he needs us, I can clone myself to go see what he needs and then Nighty deals with it super fast. I think he's probablgy the fastest navi around."
Lyntael could only nod along to the reassurance that it wouldn't be a problem; it occurred to her, off the back of Aya and Suzume's unconcerned attitude that people who spent a lot of time in the city would have to be used to seeing navis and other programs of all shapes and sizes anyway, so maybe it wasn't that strange after all. The thought broke away into an awed intake of breath as Aya used the courtyard's space to show off exactly what she meant, and despite being prepared for it there really was nothing 'every day' about the form the other girl took on.

“Ooohhh... You're beautiful! That's amazing!” Suzume took her attention a moment later, explaining a little more while Aya showed herself off, and Lyntael's eyes were drawn back over her shoulder as she displayed her own wings in a more subtle way. She glanced between them, grinning.

“That is really neat, you're right, hehe...” She muffled the giggle. “Hey, I always sort of wondered, whenever I'd read about it... but do you feel like a human who can turn into a dragon, or like a dragon that chooses to look human most of the time? Does your, um... you know, your sense of self change in between shapes?” She realised she was bubbling questions and pulled herself back, ducking her head with an embarrassed grin. “I know I said I was fine with walking, but it's really tempting to say yes, if you're offering rides...” A faint blush crept over her cheeks as she made the admission and she turned to give her focus more directly to Yumi as the wyvern fielded her other questions; Nightshade was too busy enthusing over the dragoniers again, but she could hardly blame the boy.

“Sometimes I think it must be part of being a speed navi, that you are required to believe that you're the fastest of them all, hehe...” Again, she stifled the giggle in her hand, glancing across to Nightshade before continuing. “But it sounds like your operator is a nice guy. You mean that you didn't even have to ask him about it, or get his permission, or... or hardware even, and Nightshade just... er... sorry, it feels weird to say 'made' you... if feels rude... but you know what I mean, right? And it all just worked out? I wish Rogan was that relaxed!” She laughed again, and looked around other others to see what the situation was for travel.

“So where's good to see in the city?” She called out towards the dragoniers. “Where's our first stop?” Whether they were walking or taking a dragon express, Lyntael was content to give the reins of exploration over to the more knowledgeable women in the group, but she turned back to Yumi with a softer smile.

“So... you and Nightshade spend a lot of time out here... but you're all jacked in properly and such, right? You don't have to slip out, like I do, disconnected... your Shane is just happy to leave you actively jacked in and free to wander as you want to?” Her head tilted, and a note of wistfulness entered her voice. “You can just... go home when you want, and leave when you want, and you're not even in any danger? That must be so free... Sounds like you're lucky to have such a kind operator now.”

There was a natural break in the conversation while the group got moving properly, but once she found a moment to talk again, Lyntael looked towards Nightshade and Yumi.

“Hey... Tell me about this jazz bar your operator runs... I've always wanted to go to a music bar. There isn't enough music in my life, I don't think. I love dancing, but it's better with music.” She hummed to herself and stretched, feeling the wind across her features as she imagined some cosy nook with dim lighting, polished wood furniture and a pool table, like out of one of the old crime novels she'd read.
"Hue hue hue," Aya!Dragon chuckled in a prideful way towards Lyntael's compliments. Her voice was deeper and more growly as it both came out of her mouth and partially through a general communication channel. "Yes, yes, of course I'm amazing." She also noticed Yumi move up close to her body to sit besides, so she unfurled and extended the wing on the side facing the smaller dragon so she could curl up against the larger dragon. With her other wing similarly unfurled, Aya angled it to the ground to create a ramp for the others to climb aboard. "Out here the streets are wide enough to travel on foot in this form. You all can either get a view from on top of me or stay on ground level. You decide," she offered Lyn, Nighty, and Yumi.

If everyone decided to ride the Aya Express, then Suzume would also join them on top of the dragon's back. If even one person decided not to hitch a ride, then she would use her wings to fly between the group walking on the ground with Aya, and the group riding on top of Aya. "We are in sort of a suburb area here on the outskirts of the City," the large dragon stated. "There are many parks, lakes, and small-time merchant stalls where you can get food and jewelry and other crafts. We'll head towards the City center where the heart of the Net and main corporation offices lie. That is where we'll find the BBS mission offices where the Neo-Shoguns, among others, have set up shop. If that is where you came in, that is where you can get out." With that the large dragon started walking, heavy clawed footfalls clomping on the pavement. Anyone on top of Aya's back would have a good viewpoint to watch the surroundings as they traveled. "Just tell us to stop if you see something interesting you want to do or whatever."

Suzume first addressed Lyn as they started moving, slowly passing by a few merchants hawking wares. Random civilians gave the large dragon its space as the group walked along one of the wide pedestrian roads toward the center of the main City far off in the distance. "To answer your question: Yes, there is a sort of... primal instinct that gets enhanced when we transform into these dragon forms. As for which we feel like more than the other... it is hard to say. All of our forms seem equally... oh what's the word? Commensurate? Indistinguisable?" Suzume waved a hand around as if trying to grasp for the word she was searching for. Eventually she shook her head and gave up. "Anyways, we don't feel like any one of those forms is the 'true' form, if you get my meaning. Like, we are all of them simultaneously in our being. Just whichever one of these outward forms we feel like using at any one time is which form we take."

Then Suzume addressed Nighty and Yumi. "Oh that is interesting. I would also like to know more about your job and this Jazz bar."

Without any objections, Lyntael found the invitation of a dragon ride increasingly hard to resist as her eyes wandered the transformed shape of her companion. After a moment she paused to reflect and folded her arms. Why was she resisting it in the first place? A grin crept over her features.

“Well, if no-one else is going to make a decision, I call front!” With a giggle she took a step back and jumped; a brief curl of wind and rush of air current accompanied her as she skipped up to land with delicate precision in the foremost position just ahead of Aya's shoulders, then gently settled down to straddle her properly. She took a few extra moments to fuss with her skirt, accepted that it was pointless and gave up, then glanced back to wait for anyone else who was coming aboard.

The initial lift made her grip on with her hands as well as her knees, but by the time they were properly airborne, Lyntael sat up straighter again, lifting her head and closing her eyes to enjoy the feel of the wind. After a few more moments she stretched, arms up and out, and in amongst the motions of the dragon in flight and the rush of the wind, she was laughing – a pure, joyfully innocent sound unburdened by the girl's usual troubles.

Still with laughter in her voice, Lyntael picked up the conversations from before, now that they were underway, with renewed enthusiasm. In between other conversation and chatter with her friends, she glanced back towards Suzume, smiling with a soft, relaxed expression.

“I think if I could fly like this, I'd want to do it all the time... I love the way the wind feels. The way it moves...” As she spoke, her eyes closed for a slightly longer blink than usual, and Aya experienced a broad updraught in the air currents and a tail wind that briefly tracked and shifted with whatever direction she flew in, even if she arced or turned. “It's a part of me... but it's not like the lightning. It's... nice.”

As they passed over the outskirts of the city, Lyntael looked out and down at the landscape below, content to marvel at it for a little while and letting Aya meander wherever she felt like flying. After a little while, her eyes picked out what looked like a broad, busy market street. At either end, transit road signs were switched on, blocking the street off from heavy traffic data and instead the length of road was filled with smaller shops and stalls, set up in back-to-back lines. It created a large, dense market street, where every stand and stall looked different from the next in bright colours and eclectic designs. Lyntael pointed down.

“What's that? It looks like a weekend market, do you think it's a regular thing? Can we go have a look?” She began scanning the edges of the area for somewhere that a dragon could set down comfortably – the nearest was a small circular park, just off to one side of one end of the market, with a sprawling lawn and a small fish pond, that looked mostly deserted for the time begin. She pointed again, leaning down to catch Aya's attention as she gestures. “We could start at that end, and take a walk maybe?”
Everyone scrambled up on Aya!Dragon's back, and then she took off. NetCity was a constantly expanding central hub of activity for the whole Net, filled with hustle and bustle, so it was just good sense to take the air express over other forms of transport. The dragon airbus flew high enough to not buzz the houses and small offices below them, but low enough that any highrises had to be avoided by flying around them.

Everyone was having a good time, chattering away without a care in the world, while Aya was at the wheel. Lyntael talked about her affinity to the Wind, even demonstrated with an updraft under the dragon's wings. Both Suzume and Aya made a mental note of that for later. Perhaps her feelings and movements around the Wind would be useful to explore in future attempts to deal with her electricity problems. "Yeah. I love flying. It's very freeing." Suzume replied.

After a few more minutes of flying, Lyn pointed out a market street and suggested that they go check it out. "Okay, hold on. I'm coming in for a landing!" Aya said as she tipped her body downward and started an approach for the small park nearby. Her approach scattered some birds as she aimed for the open grassy part, setting down with a heavy beat of wings that scattered the remainder with its buffeting winds. "Touchdown!"

The dragon extended her wings down on either side like slides off of a plane and waited for everyone to disembark. After everyone was on their feet, her dragon form suddenly collapsed like a deflated balloon with all the air let out. With a swirl of smoke, the deflated dragon skin imploded in on itself like a black hole, sucking everything into the center of itself and leaving Aya standing there in her human form. She unfolded and stretched her own set of wings before stretching her arms over her head. "And that, Lyn, is why they call us dragoniers."

Suzume and Aya offered their hands to Nighty and Yumi to hold while they walked, if they so chose. "Let's take a stroll and see what's on offer. And Lyn, if you see anything you want, we're offering to cover you for free, so don't worry about it and have some fun." Suzume said as they headed out of the park and into the busy market filled with many sights and sounds, and smells.

By the time Aya touched down, Lyntael was already looking ahead, eagerly peering across the tops of the many stalls and market stands that cluttered the broad street. She slipped off the dragon's shoulders, jumping straight to the ground without waiting for the safer disembarkation options to be presented, then skipped a few steps forward and turned around. Her body swayed back and forth slightly with an eager excitement now as she watched the others sort themselves out.

“That's really cool, hehe... It must be really neat.... like, if Drago is ever mean to you, you can just turn into a dragon and roar at him.” She poked her tongue out briefly, then stifled a fresh giggle behind her hands. In the back of her mind, she wondered if that was how they ended up fighting, when it was dangerous or if they had tough missions. A transformation like that surely had to make them a lot stronger in the process, she reasoned, though she couldn't really think about how it would actually work, without being dangerous. She put the thought aside as something to think about later and instead turned back to the far more entertaining prospect at hand.

She tried not to get too far ahead of the others as they began to move towards the various market lanes and alleys, but eagerness took hold as she cast her eyes over the assortment of interesting and different things for sale or show; nearby a vendor was selling little hand puzzle games, made of metal – they were being called something different by the stall, but she knew them as blacksmith puzzles, from their supposed origins. Just beyond, someone was selling personalised mugs and drinking cups – you just had to tell the navi at the stall what you wanted it to say, and one of the blanks could be baked into a high fidelity instance with the words made out in letter work of hundreds of different fonts and styles.

The scent of food was pervasive as well, as they drew close and began to move amongst the busy alleyways; a mixture of strange and unusual things, mixed in with more traditional fare. Numerous places, scattered at regular intervals sold a variety of baked goods, cooked meats, and cultural representations of food from all over the world; Lyntael found herself eyeing a nearby ice-cream stand not too far through the crowd when Suzume's call made her glance back with a small start of surprise.

“Are you sure? Really? I... I shouldn't, but um... thank you. Thank you! I'll be sensible, I promise!” What began as her initial instinct to refuse was swiftly pushed aside as she looked back around and contemplated her own lack of resources, when she was disconnected as she was. With a broad gin and a wave she set her sights forward again, looking through the exotic displays. Somewhere close by, music drifted from where a small group of navis were performing simple but catch street music in an open space amongst the ambling patrons of the market, and she stopped to listen for a few moments before the sight of another artist caught her attention a little further down. This navi was seated on the ground, surrounded by several small dishes of multi-hued fluid, and around those, laid out neatly, an array of beautiful, bright artwork. The navi used finger tips that stretched and split into thin loops to create bubble shapes from the dishes around her, then capture them onto fresh display sheets; it was as much a show as it was art production, and Lyntael drifted to stand nearby and watch with an awed smile on her lips for a few more minutes.

As much as the market itself was nothing too special, and most of the other navis bustling through the space had the air of enjoying a pleasant yet everyday outing, Lyntael's excitement was more clearly a first experience, overwhelmed by the number of things to look at; each new oddity she found distracted her from the last until, after a little while longer, she found a stand she simply couldn't go past. With a bright grin, she darted back to find the others, eagerly waving for Aya and Suzume in particular to follow her.

“Here, look! Come on, this one, it's so perfect!” She led them to a shop that was selling a broad variety of small statuettes and figures, mostly of traditional fantasy tropes, though it was clear from just one glance at the space that the creator was primarily focused on dragons and fairies; pixies dancing, dragons lying on hoards of treasure, sprites tending to flowers, dragons wheeling through the sky; dozens upon dozens of small metal or ceramic figures covered every spare space on the stand, but Lyntael zeroed in on the one she'd seen before and scooped it up, turning to show her friends her find. It was a small diorama small enough to fit in the palms of her hands and about fifteen centimetres tall, depicting a severe stone castle tower, with four dragons of increasing size spiralling up around it.

“See? It's... Well, not quite perfect, but,” she paused for a moment then turned back to the lady running the stall. “I, ah, I don't suppose you could change the colours, of the dragons, could you?” On the figure she was holding, the dragons were a reflective green, but at a smile and a nod from the other navi, Lyntael quickly described the colours for each of the dragoniers. The merchant took the figure back briefly, racing her fingers over it with one hand and tapping on a small data pad with the other, until each dragon had been changed to mirror each of Drago, Aya, Suzume and Magistrate's colours in turn. She handed back with a wink.

“Thank you! There, see? I can keep it as a little souvenir for today! Oh, and I should find one for.... Ah!” Her eyes found, nestled in amongst the other fantastical creatures, a small pair that looked like a prowling wild cat, in dark shades, alongside another stalking creature that looked, if not exactly perfect, at least very much like an approximation of Yumi's design. Lyntael pulled the second small piece out and turned it around in her hand. “Maybe this one? For Nighty and Yumi?” Holding the two intricate figures carefully, she glanced at her friends to see what they thought.