The Search

Arc moved along the glittering NetVegas pathways before ducking as three viruses sailed overhead. Turning around, Arc saw the Fishy viruses turning around and heading straight back toward her! Spotting something in the corner of her eye, Arc turned to find a UFO popping out a Shadow, who stood still and leered at Arc ominously.

Oh and the floor is now ocean.

-ENEMIES-
FishyA: 90 HP
Shadow: 80 HP
RedUFO: 80 HP

Terrain: (Randomized)
100% Sea

-NAVI-
Второй_Arc.EXE: 120 HP

-BATTLE 4-
-ROUTINE, SET-
-EXECUTE-
Arc kept moving, looking around for information... When she suddenly had to duck to avoid getting smacked in the face by something. She quickly got back up, and turned around to see what had nearly hit her. It was then she saw three viruses, all a type of virus she had previously deleted earlier in her trip through Netvegas.

Three fishys, no problem. Just a few energybombs and that should be the end of it. Arc thought, looking at the three viruses. She was about to ask Vik for some chip, when something in the corner of her eye grabbed her attention. She turned her gaze from the three viruses behind her, and saw a strange UFO and a shadow. Still isn't too much of a problem, just will take a bit longer now. Arc told herself, turning her body towards the UFO and taking aim.

But then, everything turned to-

"FUCK!"

Arc Shouted, falling the the sea and becoming submerged. The panel she is in started to steam, and Arc suddenly resurfaced, panicking and in pain.

"Oh shit!" Viktoriya nearly shouted, scrambling to grab three energybombs. If Arc stays in that water for too long she will be deleted, and there is no telling when the panels would change from the sea to something else. Vik could have ordered her navi to try and make a break for it, but between the water and the 5 viruses that would be trying to delete her that didn't seem like a great idea, which left deleting them as the best option. Since deleting them was the best option Vik could come up with, she needed to send Arc enough firepower to finish this, and fast. "Arc, I'm sending you your most damaging chips. Finish this as fast as you can and get out of there!" Vik ordered, slotting in the three chips. With luck Arc wouldn't sustain too much damage from the sudden terrain change.

The chips were processed, and an explosive appeared in the chamber of the launcher. Arc kept failing a bit, shouting profanities and expressing pain, but less after Vik gave her an order. That's right, I just need to finish this... The navi thought, attempting to calm herself down amidst the water and the pain. She managed to stop flailing around, but the water was still causing her great pain. Arc tried to bear it, aiming her gun at one of the Fishies so the bomb might hit it.

Arc pulled the trigger, and the bomb was fired at the fishys. A sharp pain shot trough Arc the moment she had fired. Arc gritted her teeth, attempting to overcome the pain trough force of will. She aimed her gun at the next virus and pulled the trigger once more, pain accompanying the action like last time. "Just one more shot..." She said, aiming at one more virus. She pulled the trigger and...

((1Energybomb FishyB: 3 hits of 40 +Blast2
2Energybomb FishyA: 3 hits of 40 +Blast2
3Energybomb FishyC: 3 hits of 40 +Blast2))
As the chip data materialized for Arc, the RedUFO's eyes lit up, seemingly inspired to do something. And something it did, as it swept forward, and snatched up one of her EnergyBombs. The other two went off without hitches, though only one managed to hit its target, giving that Fishy a less than painless death. The Shadow then vanished from sight...did it go away?

...Nope. It had warped to the Navi's side, and proceeded to momentarily show her what it was like to have an axe in your head before teleporting back. Sharp.

In slightly better news, every last drop of water on the ground was gone. In fact, it was now the other extreme, with sand as far as the eye could see.

-ENEMIES-
FishyB: 90 HP
FishyC: DELETED
RedUFO: 80 HP

100% Sand

-NAVI-
Второй_Arc.EXE: 75 HP
Arc tried to fire her weapon three times, but for whatever reason the first time was a dud. Nothing came out of the launcher for the first pull of the trigger, and after she managed to fire off two shots she was greeted to an axe right to the face. While that had hurt, the water hurt more. In a bit something changed, and Arc was finding herself in less pain.

The steam was gone, the pain subsiding, and Arc finding herself no longer in water, but ankle deep in sand. She pulled her feet out of the sand, still winching in some pain from both the sea fiasco and the axe to the face. That could have been a lot better. Arc thought, realizing that she had only taken out a single Fishy, and her first chip didn't activate for some reason.

Why didn't it work? She mentally asked herself, placing her hand on her side, above the hips. She winched a bit, before running one of her patch programs. She knows the fishys can't do anything to her chips, and if that shadow was what she thinks it is, then it shouldn't have the power to do that as well. That could only leave... she thought, turning to face the UFO.

"Arc, you ok?" Viktoryia asked, worried about her navi. "You want me to send you the shotguns to take out the fishys?" She asked, Arc currently changing her weapon's magazine."

"Still hurts a bit, but I'm fine.' Arc responded, finished changing magazines and aiming the AKM at the UFO. "And hold off a bit on those chips, I think that UFO is doing something to them." She added, making sure the UFO is in her sights before pulling the trigger. When she did, she released a payload similar to the one when she fired upon the lone Fishy quite a bit ago.

((1 Patch1: heal 30
2 Burst fire:incenery rounds RedUFO: 8 hits of 5 fire
3 Burst fire RedUFO: 12 hits of 5))
Arc ran a patching program, repairing some of the data caused by the shadowy axe. She was correct in her assumption about the nature of the floating red spaceship and adjusted her tactics accordingly. She took aim at the UFO and fired off a salvo of ammunition, attempting to shoot the ship out of the sky. The UFO managed to dodge away from a few of the attacks, but was soon overcome and riddled with holes. With smoke rising from its hull, the UFO crashed to the earth and exploded.

However, dealing with the chip stealing UFO left Arc vulnerable to the rest of the viruses. Both of the Fishys dived forward, smashing into the Navi and sending her flying to the ground. The sand softened her landing, but the damage was done and her earlier patching was rendered moot. The Shadow advanced as well, transforming into a naginata before vanishing and reappearing directly behind Arc. The Shadow attacked, drawing a diagonal line across Arc's back. The Shadow vanished again, returning to its original form and original position.

The terrain changed again.

-ENEMIES-
FishyB: 90 HP
RedUFO: DELETED

100% Coal

-NAVI-

Arc.EXE: 60 HP
"Oww~" Arc moaned, face down in the coal after all that had just happened. Her gun wasn't in her hands, but was close enough for her to grab. While getting hit in the back three times hurt like Sea, the warmth of the coal felt nice to Arc. "Arc... maybe you should have paid more attention to your surroundings..." Vik commented, grabbing the two Shotguns. "Anyway, now that you got rid of the UFO, you probably want these, don't you?" She asked, slotting in the two chips.

"Ye-yea, maybe I should have." Arc said, her eyes looking at her gun. She knew Vik had just slotted in two shotguns, and she knew that the chip would appear in the mag of her weapon. She looked at where the Fishys were, then back to the gun.

"I guess I better..." Arc said, grabbing her gun and then rolling onto her back. She aimed it right at the Fishys. "Get rid of you two now!" she added, pulling the trigger and sending a blast towards the flying virus. She pulled the trigger once more, and sent a second blast roaring towards the same virus. With luck, this should take out the two fishys.

Then again, the last time she tried this she missed quite a bit, but at least this time it isn't on ice.

After Arc fired her two shots, she activated the other patch program with a snap of her fingers. The program started to heal her back.

((1 Shotgun FishyA: 50 + Spread2
2 Shotgun FishyA: 50+spread2
3 Patch2: heal 30))
Arc fired the shotguns in a repeated interval, giving the Fishys little to no chance of surviving as they both perished into harmless datas. However, the Shadow on the side took the chance of Arc's full-out attack and teleported to the side of the navi, giving it a quick stab to the rib before it teleported away...

-ENEMIES-
FishyA: DELETED
FishyB: DELETED

100% Onsen

-NAVI-

Arc.EXE: 75 HP
Better. The navi thought, managing to take down the two fishies. Unfortunately for the navi, but predictably, the shadow managed to nail her with another attack. "Damn shadow!" Arc shouted, after the shadow returned to it's position. With just that virus left, the battle was basically in the bag for Arc as long as nothing unexpected happens.

It was then that the terrain changed, and Arc was once again dunked into water. Arc wasn't all that trilled as the water steamed upon entry, and Vik worried about what would happen to her navi. Arc failed about, screaming until she noticed something odd...

Mainly the fact that it didn't hurt like hell.

Arc started to calm down, and noticed that all of the water was steamy and not just by her. It also felt... warm, and rather nice, almost like the coal from before. "I, um... why doesn't this..?" Arc asked in bewilderment, trying to figure out why the appertain sea isn't causing her harm.

"I... Arc, I think that is Onsen. You know, like a hot spring." Vik informed her navi. "I don't believe it will cause any navi any harm, even if they are fire element." She said, before taking note of the only virus left alive. "Just that shadow left, hun." Vik said, grabbing a single chip. "Arc, I'm sending you the Rageclaw. Finish it off then jack out, I don't want to risk you falling in the sea again." She ordered her navi, slotting in the rageclaw.

"I... I see, and yes, I will do just that." The navi said, her gun vanishing and a set of claws appearing on her hands as a replacement. Arc headed trough the steamy water towards the shadow, with the intent of ripping it to shreads.

((1-3: Rageclaw1 shadow: 40+slashing))
Arc, while enjoying the soothing warmth of the Onsen, was set on ripping the Shadow into pieces. The virus had other plans when it teleported just behind Arc and gave it a little stab with its dagger. Despite the damage the navi sustained, it gave Arc an opening for her attacks that finally put an end to the pesky Shadow.

-ENEMIES-
FishyA: DELETED
FishyB: DELETED
Shadow: DELETED

100% Onsen

-NAVI-

Arc.EXE: 63 HP

-BATTLE WON!-
750z
The battle as over, and Arc got out of the water just in case it decided to change into something dangerous to her. "That... could have went better." Arc said, gathering the spoils of the fight.

"Arc, I'm going to jack you out now." Vik told her navi, looking right at her trough the PET screen. "I'm not going to risk you falling in the sea again while looking for more information, so unless the desk has information on locations, I'm just going to head to Stardust." She added, before jacking Arc out after getting an acknowledgment from her navi.