Anyis n' MeleeMan Team Busting

"Is that...? Oh god, it is. Coming through!" shouted Anyis forcefully as the group came upon the oasis and she burst out into a sprint. Her cold-affinity had been doing its part to keep the sweltering heat of Netfrica at bay, but nothing could really substitute for crisp, clean, and cool water. Her feet glided across the sand in her run, then sprung across the grass, hopped and skipped over the rocks, and then...

*SPLASH*

A small eruption of water came out of the oasis as a veil of data swept over Anyis for just a second, replacing her normal clothes with her orange swimsuit automatically and instantly. She remained floating under the surface for a few seconds, taking in the joys of the water around her that the jungles and deserts so far had denied her. Once she had gotten her fill, Anyis surfaced, letting the translucent water splash out across her shoulders as she shook the excess out from her hair. "That feels so much better..." sighed Anyis blissfully, sliding the center of her weight upwards so she'd float on her back.

Magna, who had taken off after Mother Unit, albeit at a much slower pace, arrived to come at a rest next to one of the palm trees... which he was almost matching up against height-wise, inch for inch. Not concerned with competing against plant life, though, Magna spoke his mind, saying, "Mother Unit, there is nothing to indicate that this area is safer than anywhere else. I recommend that we not let our guards down should there be enemies in waiting." The golem just looked at her as his shadow casted out over half the pool.

"Anyone who disrupts my swim is going to end up hurting a lot more than a normal enemy." stated Anyis matter-of-factly as she floated across her SP's shadow. "That counts for everyone, by the way." she added, throwing a quick glare to MeleeMan.
MeleeMan simply frowned as the group came upon the giant oasis in the desert. "Hot terrain broken up by suddenly cool, inexplicable settings? This is some bad deja vu," he grumbled, remembering back to the mission where he had encountered Dial. He was surprised as Anyis energetically jumped into the water, shedding off her robe in favor of her sporty swimwear. Grumbling to himself, MeleeMan avoided watching her flip her hair as she came up, lest he fall back into the same waddle he'd gone into earlier. As he looked for a distraction, he noticed that Damascus seemed similarly displeased. "What's your problem?" he asked, crossing his arms irritably as if annoyed that she was as disturbed as he was.

"Something is obviously amiss. Why would an area like this be devoid of viruses? If anything, it seems like it would be more inhabited... if not by viruses, then perhaps by other player navis," she explained as she fixed the incessant wedgie that was constantly plaguing her since she started wearing her new suit.

Her master shrugged, looking unconcerned. "If there is something worth worrying about, we'll just kick its ass as soon as it starts complaining. No worries. At any rate," he mumbled, grinning as he looked her up and down once more from behind the safety of his helmet, "looks like you're starting to get a tan. You'll probably get burned at this rate."

"My skin is extremely warm," Damascus confirmed, flipping her ponytail and sighing. "If you were to touch me now with your exposed hand, you would definitely feel it. However, I should tell you that I do not consider a tan a positive feature for me. My traditional standard of beauty promotes pale skin."

MeleeMan waved it off with a grin. "My standard of beauty is what matters now and I say you'll look better with a tan. Anyways, why don't you get out there and swim with Anyis?" he asked, thumbing in her direction. "I'll stay here and keep the jolly purple giant company."

The SP frowned, looking off to the side uncomfortably. "No, I don't think that's wise," she responded. "I'll stay here on the sand."

Raising one eyebrow behind his helmet's visor, MeleeMan became curious. "Why not? What, more of that SP kindred stuff again? Trust me, you've got about as much chance of making friends with that guy as you do making friends with a microwave oven. He's not exactly high on personality," he reminded her. Damascus shook her head, indicating that that was not the reason (although his mentioning of the possibility seemed to upset her further). "What, you don't like Anyis?" he guessed again with a frown.

"That's not it either. I simply don't like water," Damascus informed him with a polite shake of her head.

"Heh, I can understand that. I hate water. Lame, wet stuff, that's all it is. Only losers," he started, then dropped his voice a little, "like playing in the water. But really, why not? You're in a suit and everything." He re-applied the suggestion, since it occurred to him again that she'd look hotter wet.

Damascus set her stern frown and began an explanation. "For starters, my iron skin is in every way incompatible with the water. I will sink if I must activate it and even rust. Can you imagine the whole of your skin rusting? It's not a pleasant experience, even if it does occur slowly. Besides that..." she concluded, then closed her eyes reflectively. "No, I suppose that's it," she finished.

"I get it, you can't swim!" the navi laughed, placing his hands on his hips triumphantly. "Wow, even I can swim, and I hate the water more than anyone! Sheesh!" he guffawed, drawing more attention to them.

Glaring, Damascus deepened her frown. "Yes, that is true. I think that rusting and sinking are greater concerns, but if that's the priority you'd like to focus on, then I will admit it is also a valid factor. Regardless, I will stay here with Magna," she concluded, giving him a forced, semi-polite bow and then walking over to Magna's side. Turning her eyes to the big SP, she frowned and seconded his opinion. "There's definitely something fishy. Be careful out there."

MeleeMan sat down by the oasis and watched Anyis boredly. Setting a sneer on his face, he picked up a rock and tossed it up and down in his hand. "Hey, this is pretty boring for me. Hurry and finish up with your bath so we can leave and hunt more viruses! Otherwise, I'm going to skip these stones off of your head," he threatened, pointing to the rock in his hand.
The pool was quickly made useful as Anyis dove into it and swam about, while the others hung out at the edge of the pool. The medium Navi was so engrossed in her water sport that she failed to notice that a figure was surfacing at the opposite edge of the pool. At first, only bubbles predated its arrival, but slowly, a head formed above the water's surface, and peeked out at the other person in the water. The pale-skinned head was a strange one, as it had transparent, almost liquid-like hair, and its eyes were the same. It also had some pair of webbed fins where ears should be, and its mouth smiled wide to show little canines peeking out the sides. The head slowly came up to Anyis without a sound, and it reached out a hand to tap her on her shoulder.

"Hi," said a voice, squeaky and chirpy, its tone evident of a female child of some sort.

At the same time, another figure, sitting at the top of the palm tree Magna was standing by, was currently reaching out sand-muddled fingers to try and touch Magna's head, but it was just out of reach. It gave up in a short time, and returned its hand back into the tree. Immediately after, a little lithe shadow could be seen expertly climbing back down the tree, nearly unseen, and creeping back to the sands of the desert.

Terrain:
45% Grass (grassy areas)
15% Normal (rock area around pool)
30% Sea (pool)
10% Sand (desert around oasis)

Objects:
About 12 or so palm trees around the oasis, and some shrubbery as well. Trees are 250HP, anchored. Shrubbery can be used to hide, but good luck trying to use it as shielding.
"Try it and I'll skip my gauntlet off your nos-" retorted Anyis as she felt a tap on her shoulder. "Excuse me, I'm a bit busy h..." reflexively, Anyis started to wave off the distraction, but paused as something just didn't add up. Magna, MeleeMan, and Damascus all didn't like water, and as such she was the only one in there. Her caution gave way to curiosity, and Anyis turned her head in the water to face... the water, who gave her a polite greeting. "Um... Hi?" responded Anyis, who was really at a loss for anything except echoing back what the water-thing had said. Right then, though, it dawned on Anyis that what she was swimming in was alive. She was currently undecided on whether that was more gross or just strange, but rather than make a fuss in either case, Anyis just quietly activated her FloatShoes, pushing herself up off the water to stand on it barefooted.

... Was it an it? The voice sounded kind of feminine, if not young. Okay, revised. "Uh... If me swimming was bothering you, my bad. I wasn't really expecting live water." sighed Anyis as she ran her webbed glove through her hair. She'd seen a hell of a lot of weird stuff on the Net, so this wasn't a shock, though admittedly talking water was a first for her. "If you'll excuse me for just a moment..." said Anyis, turning away from the water-thing's head to walk across the water to lean up on the rocks. "Um, guys? The water's alive. Just thought you'd like to know." Anyis mentioned to MeleeMan, Magna, and Damascus.

Magna, meanwhile, was trying to ascertain the nature of the shadow that he had just glimpsed coming out of the tree. This wasn't really a matter that called for fear, as he simply just lacked data on dataforms that might nest in virtual palm trees. Coupled with the information Mother Unit had just provided about living water, Magna narrowed things down to two likely possibilities: the thing in the tree was sentient like the water, or the tree itself was sentient. As he didn't where the shadow-thing went, he could only test the second theory. And seeing as he lacked the language packs to communicate with trees, Magna opted to try to create a reaction through direct stimulus. With a single arm outstretched, Magna wrapped his long hinged fingers all the way around the palm tree's trunk, and began shaking it with moderate strength. He didn't want to tear out a (seemingly) innocent tree, so he just applied enough force to stir either the tree itself or whatever was hiding in its leaves. The whole idea was brutish, forceful, and perfectly logical... right?
Despite Anyis' announcement of her observation, MeleeMan remained clueless as to any new developments regarding the water. He did catch something like a retort to his childish threat, however, and decided to counter again. "You know what I could go for? Washing my stinky feet in your water," he laughed, pulling off his heavy metallic boots slowly and with rigorous effort (he realized he'd actually never done it before). Then, slowly and perhaps without welcome, he dropped his hideously stinky, sweaty feet into the water at the side of the pool and sighed. "Aaaah, that's better," he announced with a smirk. In reality, he didn't like the feeling of the water at all, but it was worth it to ruin the water, he figured. Why? Well, any blow to Anyis' satisfaction must be a victory for men, he reasoned.

Damascus had not failed to notice the shadowy creature in the tree, but Magna's reaction to it was much more decisive than her own. She lowered her eyebrows skeptically as the SP started to shake the tree, hoping to get out whatever had been moving around in there. "We probably have nothing to gain by disturbing it," she pointed out, but she knew that such an observation was useless when Magna had already started putting his back into it.

"Hey Damascus! Get over here and join me!" MeleeMan beckoned with one hand and a betraying silly grin.

Bowing in fake politeness, Damascus opted out. "I have a feeling I'd 'accidentally' fall into the water if I were to sit down next to you," she answered simply, then turned her attention back to the treetop.
The head looked a little flustered when it saw that Anyis looked like she was avoiding it as the medium Navi moved to the edge of the water. It reached out its hand hesitantly, only to return it back into the water. "Um, that's okay... really, I don't mind... I-" she said, before the powerfully pungent feet of Meleeman's were dipped into the pool. The head visibly cringed at the sudden action, however hard it tried to conceal its reaction. "Um, sir, I'd rather you, um, cleaned your feet somewhere else....?" it squeaked, still grimacing.

"Hey, Fiona!"

The head immediately turned to the unoccupied edge of the pool, and all eyes saw the small boyish figure dropping down lightly on the rocks that surrounded the pool, presumably from a nearby tree. The boy's small stature was clothed in simple brown rags; they didn't seem very suitable for shielding his pale skin from the hot sun. The boy's ruffled brown hair obscured his eyes as he bent down to stare at the head in the water. Then, its head was turned in the direction of the company that they had.

"These people bothering you, Fiona?" he said to the head, his unseen eyes quite possibly leering in MeleeMan's direction.

"N-No! Of course not!"

"We'll see about that..." the boy said, as he deftly leapt over the wide pool with impossible grace and strength, and landed perfectly beside Meleeman with a thump on the rock face. He crouched down and pointed a finger at the fighter Navi, saying, "You bothering Fiona, old man?"

Meanwhile, Magna's shaking of the tree proved to be fruitless (no pun intended) as nothing came out of the tree, except for the leaves, leaving the tree bare and exposed. Oh, along with some dates.

Terrain:
45% Grass (grassy areas)
30% Sea (pool)

Objects:
About 12 or so palm trees around the oasis, and some shrubbery as well. Trees are 250HP, anchored. Shrubbery can be used to hide, but good luck trying to use it as shielding.
Anyis's eyebrow twitched a little as she watched MeleeMan take off his boots, which alone could very well have qualified as sexual harassment in a court of law. Those putrid, crusty, and kind of hairy feet would only further offend as MeleeMan dunked them into the water. She knew that this guy was trying to piss her off, considering how much he hated water, and damnit, it was working. "Okay, that tears it. You're going to get your disgusting feet out of the water right now. Boogeyman!" shouted Anyis at her ally, then pointing at him to direct the summon of her pushy servant. The haggard poltergeist stared blankly at MeleeMan as he processed Anyis's incoming orders, letting his single shift around just slightly to gather environmental information. Upon receiving notice that this red-clad man was the target, Boogeyman thrust his arms forward into MeleeMan's chest, delivering a strong enough force to lift the pugilist out of the water and send him tumbling over the ring of rocks around the pool. "Ha! How does that feel the second time?" laughed Anyis as Boogeyman dissipated back into nothing.

Magna, meanwhile, having been both fruitful and fruitless in his investigation of the tree, clutched a few of the fallen dates in his hand, finding an odd sense of familiarity with the purple fruits. With this new acquisition, the golem SP shifted his way over towards the pool, easily towering over the rock ring to observe the Mother Unit interacting with these unknown quantities.

"Well, with that out of the way... What are you two supposed to be?" asked Anyis, turning to Fiona and her ragged protector. She really didn't give even the slightest thought to the idea that standing on Fiona wasn't much better than swimming in her or sticking your feet in her, so all anyone could really do is accept her prideful and arrogant stance as she stood barefoot on top of the water, with one hand on her hip and the other tucking some of her hair behind her ear. "I've seen a lot of things on the Net, but water... whatever-you-are's is a new one."

Anyis's Actions:
--Boogeyman (Knockback): NO SHOES, NO SERVICE @ MeleeMan
"What the hell, you're telling me I have my foot stuck in somebody?" MeleeMan asked the little head poking out of the water, looking somehow himself offended. Before he had time to process the situation any further, however, he was sent flying by a knockback from Boogeyman. Straightening his helmet as he rose from the pile of dirt, he grimaced at Anyis across the water. "Hey, Anyis, your little ghost friend needs to learn that it's never too late to experience hell. I'll take him there," he threatened, shouting across the water. "You tell him that, Anyis."

His rage did not vanish, but transformed, as he found a new cause for spite. "Old? Me? Who the hell do you think you're insulting? Old is a word that you can reserve for describing people past their prime. I'm the kind of guy who will screw your whole life up if you look at him wrong," MeleeMan addressed the newcomer, sneering down at him threateningly. The whole thing was fairly reminiscent of what had transacted between Rass and MeleeMan upon their first meeting: MeleeMan picking on people about half his size.

Damascus was mostly ignoring the water spirit, focusing more on the new navi. He seemed to be threatening to take them out if they overstepped their boundaries. Now, Damascus wasn't one to screw people's lives up "just for looking at her wrong," but she still was the type that loved to prove her superiority in fighting at any time. The new navi was seriously inviting the challenge. Magna seemed distracted, but she kept on persistently speaking to him. "Maybe we should get a preemptive strike in on these navis. I haven't had a taste of navi blood in years... very many years," she suggested, her red eyes shining with blood-lust as she watched the newcomer's movements, standing with both arms crossed beneath her expansive chest.
[+4 FXP for pre-battle hoo-hah]

"Oooooh, you want to see 'screwing up', huh?!" the boy said, standing up immediately. It was slightly comical, though, as even though he was standing up, he barely reached above MeleeMan's head in stature. He puffed up his cheeks, trying to look as menacing as possible, but all he did was look kind of cute.

"Tel... come on, don't be silly..." Fiona began, however, she was cut off instantly.

"No, you stay out of this, Fiona! This is a man's job!" said Tel, obviously rather ticked off. Everyone watched as he ran off towards the sands, and... dove straight in. What was that boy up to?

"Tel..."

The (rhetorical) question was immediately answered when the ground began to rumble visibly, the trees began to shake, and Fiona's... body (if it can be called that) began to churn and swirl randomly. At once, a large, scaly worm blasted out of the spot where Tel had disappeared earlier. The worm was segmented into parts, its joints marked by many scaly spikes. Its head had a gigantic maw with clearly-displayed sharp chompers, and a gem set into its forehead. Tel reared his head back to roar menacingly at the group.

Then, just when things were looking a little bad for them, the ground rumbled once more, and out came two more scale-worms of the same kind as Tel from the grass, with all the requisite spikes and scales and all that. The only difference was that they didn't have any kind of gem set into their foreheads. Then, he spoke, and the voice seemed to come from all directions.

How's this for looking at you wrong?

Fiona merely sank to the side of her pool, trying to be as quiet as possible.

Tel1: 1000HP (Grass)
Tel2: 1000HP (Sand)
Tel3: 1000HP (Grass)

Fiona: 100HP (Sea)

Terrain:
45% Grass (grassy areas)
30% Sea (pool)

Objects:

MeleeMan.EXE: 315HP (Normal)
Damascus.SP: 40HP (Grass)
Anyis.EXE: 135HP (Sea)
Magna.SP: 40HP (Grass)

-BATTLE FIVE, START!!-
Anyis just looked on curiously, as MeleeMan's and Tel's goading of each other resulted in the latter mutating into some crazy giant sand-worm trio or something. She had been around him long enough now to mostly know what to expect, but just in case Anyis watched MeleeMan for an extra few moments, seeing if he'd do a freakish transformation in response. Quickly seeing nothing but disappointment down that path, Anyis turned her head back towards the pool and Fiona, who seemed to have withdrawn as much as she was able to, wanting nothing to do with this clash of testosterone. And to be perfectly honest, Anyis felt the same way. She loved a good fight, but good fights only happened when there was a reason behind them. This was just two guys butting heads over... well, Anyis really couldn't figure out what, exactly.

"Men..." sighed Anyis, resigning herself to never understand why this was happening. "Does your friend do this often? Those two could be going at it all day if let loose." she asked of Fiona, trying to get some sort of explanation from the water spirit. "And don't worry, I'm not going to attack you. You don't really seem like the type who enjoys fighting." That addendum neglected to mention that the sole reason why she didn't want to fight Fiona was because she didn't like fighting people who didn't like fighting back.

"Mother Unit, you are not going to take action? Should I undertake a task on your behalf?" asked Magna, whose curiosity was piqued by the inaction of his normally fast-paced Mother Unit.

"Wasn't planning on it, no. You can do whatever you feel like, though." shrugged Anyis.

"Understood." nodded Magna, who immediately proceeded to generate his giant tower shield. With that now in hand, Magna then... sat there. Hmm. Looked like Magna's comfort range of action was limited, at best. The only other motion of note was Magna shifting the collection of dates in his hand around.

Anyis gave her SP a stare of "Really? That's it?" for just a moment before giving up on that, realizing that Magna was not one to pick up on subtle displays of emotion. Then, thinking back to the living antonym of subtle, Anyis shouted out to MeleeMan, "Good luck, MeleeMan! I'll be cheering for you!" with a wave of her hand, giving him the signal that she wasn't going to be doing a thing anytime in the near future. Anyis then turned back to Fiona to engage in conversation with her.

Anyis's Actions:
1. Cheer (Neglect) MeleeMan/Talk to Fiona

Magna's Actions:
--Reinforced Golem's Buckler (2 Hit Shield)

---Turn Splice---
"Oh, that's looking at me wrong," MeleeMan said with a smirk, widening his grin and clenching his hands into fists at his side. "And you've made this a little easier by turning into some kind of giant three-headed snake. Now I don't have to worry about beating up a little kid." Looking up at the snake, he rose one arm into a fist and shook it to signal to his operator that he needed some chips. Holding up two fingers, he indicated a pause. "Hold up just a sec. Let's see what Anyis is doing first."

... Anyis wasn't doing anything. Neither was her SP, it seemed. It didn't seem to have registered with MeleeMan that there was any possibility of being alone in his battle. The realization that she was intending to stay out of the fight didn't make him scared for himself, really, but it did depress him in a way he didn't want to admit to anyone. "Wait, what? You're passing up a fight?!" he asked her angrily from across the pool, turning his attention from the serpents.

Rania shook her head, then gave her navi a knowing smile and signaled to get his attention. "No, MeleeMan, there's a thing you've got to understand about women. If you make it look like you're acting alone or don't care about them, they'll do the same. The best relationship is a reciprocal one: you show interest in her, she shows interest in you," she told him, failing to hold back a giggle. "So all you've got to do is show that you really care about her!"

"Care about her? What the hell, I just want her to help me fight these things! It's three against one after all," he muttered. Damascus coughed in the background, but was ignored. "So what, how do I show I care about her help?"

The first answer that occurred to Rania was that it seemed fairly impossible for her navi to ever admit to wanting a girl's help. "Could you try asking?" she suggested snidely.

"No," he responded in a matter-of-fact way, crossing his arms across his chest.

"Fine!" the operator submitted, rolling her eyes. "You're probably not getting her to help you if you can't even ask."

MeleeMan's shoulders slumped slightly. Ask a girl to help? Impossible. And why the hell was he even making a big deal about all of this? He certainly wasn't scared, he wasn't on a boat, and there wasn't a hot chick on the line. He'd been in much worse situations before... But something about Anyis sitting there aloof while she could be helping him fight was upsetting to him.

"If it's like this, I'll just drag her over there to help me," he told himself angrily, strutting powerfully towards her. As soon as he'd started, however, he realized that he'd failed to take into account an extremely formidable obstacle to his plan: water. However, even as his foot had connected with the water's surface, that obstacle didn't seem to be affecting him. Somehow, he was standing on top of the water... Somehow...

Staring down into the water, he began to understand. MeleeMan's jacket had been replaced with a white robe, making him look like some kind of gigantic, over-muscled ghost. A thick white mist was pouring out from his robe as well... not quite steam, because it was moving as if alive. The mist tugged at his robe, demanding his attention. Dumbly obeying it, he looked down at his feet and noticed that the mist was holding him above the water.

"NOOOOOOO! I'M A WOMAN! he suddenly cried out, scampering back onto the sand and beating his fists into it. "This can't be... I've crossed... With that woman..." he babbled to himself, trying to hold it together. He'd just had to deal with the realization that women could get his cross a little while ago, but that didn't make him ready to accept the fact that he could get the logical counterpart himself.

Rania was in stitches, laughing at the utter defeat of her navi's philosophy. "So, the ultimate male navi is changing to be more like a woman? Seems like there's a couple of holes in your thinking, if you ask me! When I meant that you should show you cared, I didn't expect something like this!" she laughed, clutching down on the table.

MeleeMan rose his head up, looking at the sky with a face of defeat. He frowned at nobody in particular. "No... No, this is a positive thing. I only develop to be stronger, never weaker. I'm still... I'm still a man, dammit!" he roared, clutching one hand down on his manhood beneath his robe to assure himself it still existed. With a sigh of relief, a smile worked his way back on to his face. "Anyis," he spoke out again, turning to look over one shoulder. "I need you."

"I didn't say that!" he thought to himself madly, biting his tongue to punish himself. "I wasn't even thinking it! How did that come out?!" The navi continued to scold himself, seeming to have forgotten the snake entirely. Some entity seemed to be laughing... like it was coming from the mist surrounding his body.

Damascus didn't know what the hell was going on, but she knew there was a giant three-headed snake that she didn't want to be hit by and accordingly turned her body to steel.

MeleeMan:
1) Activate Level 1 AnyisCross

Damascus:
1) Steel Skin [Ironbody to Self]

--TURN SPLICE--
Fiona didn't look at Anyis while she talked, turning away whenever the medium Navi tried to look at her. Her voice became smaller and more timid than the one Anyis had heard earlier, as if she didn't want to be heard. "H-He does this to everyone that comes around... He always says that it's 'to protect me', but all he does is be a jerk." A little tiny sob came out at the end, quickly suppressed. Seems it's some kind of abusive relationship. She expressed some kind of surprise as Anyis stated her disinterest in attacking. She looked through her hair, which was now covering her brilliantly sparkling eyes. "What? But- Don't Navis live to fight...?" As always, Magna just kind of stood there with his tower shield and dates and looked dumb.

Meanwhile, MeleeMan was about to get ready to fight, when he realized his busting partner was doing exactly zilch to help him. The pugilist Navi started to attempt to drag Anyis to his side, but unfortunately, he did not consider the possibility of an unexpected cross of his companion affecting his psyche. As he dealt with his personal problems, the snake-worm in front of him looked a bit miffed that the Navis were essentially ignoring his gigantic presence, as if nothing was wrong. The SPs at least looked at him, but all they did was a fat load of nothing, too.

HEY! the crass voice called out. YOU'RE NOT GOING TO FIGHT?!

Angered, the snake-worm in the sand reared its head and roared out towards MeleeMan. The force directed by the sound was much stronger than last time, as it was now focused in one direction. The result was that the pugilist was blown clear back, and slammed into a tree with his back. Thankfully, it didn't do very much to him or the tree, as both were pretty sturdy.

Tel1: 1000HP (Grass)
Tel2: 1000HP (Sand)
Tel3: 1000HP (Grass)

Terrain:
45% Grass (grassy areas)
30% Sea (pool)

Objects:

MeleeMan.EXE: 315HP (Grass) [AnyisCross L1] [Microbursted into a tree]
Damascus.SP: 40HP (Grass) [IronBody]
Magna.SP: 40HP (Grass) [Golem Buckler 2]
Okay, this was a problem that needed a feminine touch. Fiona was having problems with Tel, in ways eerily similar to her own relation with MeleeMan, and Anyis did not think the helmet-head was capable of telling Fiona what she needed to hear. "Okay Fiona, relax for a minute. While those two," said Anyis, motioning to MeleeMan and Tel with her thumb, "are busy shouting at each other, I'm going to tell you a few things about men."

Anyis walked across the pool, then hopped up on one of the better rock outcroppings to take a seat, crossing her legs over each other and propping herself up against an arm. One glance at the quivering water spirit told her that this was going to be a challenge. "Alright, listen here. Men... are blockheads. MeleeMan and Tel? Blockheads. They're not going to just sit down and listen to girls like you and me. So, we've got to make them listen to us. How? Men respond to three things. We're not going to use two of them, since this just isn't the right situation. So, all that's left is the third: violence. Men like violence, and they don't expect violence from women. That, right there, is the ticket. If you show a man you can fight, and fight back, he will sit down, he will listen, and he will do it with a smile if he knows what's good for him. Tel's not going to respect you if you can't scare him a little." Anyis explained all this with a deep and meaningful look in her eye, as if Fiona could actually unlock the door to godhood with this holy information.

"Anyis," he spoke out again, turning to look over one shoulder. "I need you."

Anyis clapped her hands in punctuation, then pointed straight at Fiona. "And there you have it! Respect. It works for me, and it can work for you." The mist around MeleeMan may have been snickering at his outburst, but equally likely was that the ghostly vapor of his Cross might've been transmitting the fierce laughter bottled up in Anyis's head. But, for Fiona's sake, Anyis had to keep it all in check. She could harass MeleeMan about it later. "Alright. Fiona, I want you to think about what I've told you for a bit. I'll give you an opportunity to get in Tel's face and tell him who's in charge, but whether or not you actually do it is your choice." said Anyis as she gathered a ball of data in her hand, then threw it straight up into the air, and unbeknown to Fiona, straight into the River. The flowing mass of the dead and forgotten trembled at the disruption, shedding pieces of its data in a torrential rain across the entire oasis. With each raindrop fallen, some grains of sand, a few blades of grass, or a small chunk of rock turned to water. Upon having hundreds upon hundreds of raindrops fall, though, it was a quick process to turn the entire oasis into one giant lake. Whether Tel's worm form could swim was unseen, but chances were very good that Fiona just got a far bigger field to play on.

"Oh, and about your earlier question..." mentioned Anyis, turning around for just a moment before joining MeleeMan in the battle, "Navis do fight. But... those fights happen with reason. If you put reasons behind all of your attacks, you will never, ever regret any of them. Anything less than that is just a mindless brawl."

Magna, meanwhile, found himself very surprised that he was not sinking amidst the suddenly liquid terrain. In fact, his entire lower body had morphed into a buoy of sorts. He could only assume that Operator had made this at some point, knowing that Mother Unit had the capacity to transform the terrain like this. After Operator finished communicating with Unit Rania, Magna would have to transmit his thanks to him.

"... Unit Damascus was not optimized for flotation as I was." openly noted Magna in his dull robotic voice, which masked the sense of dire urgency in his head as he recollected his fellow SP using her steel skin technique just earlier. He didn't know how this new GMO file's propulsion system functioned, but the golem SP needed to use it NOW. And with that thought, Magna was off through the air in a spectacular water jump, releasing a high-pressure water jet from the bottom of his buoy base with just as much force as his piston when he jumped on solid ground. After arcing through the air, Magna landed back in the water with a sizable splash, letting his buoy base auto-restore a balance for him as he quickly thrusted his large arm into the lake, reaching for Damascus in whatever way he could. "I am a Support Program designated for protective purposes. It is against my function to let Unit Damascus drown in this water." said Magna as he felt what seemed like her with his hand. It sounded really plain coming from him, but really, this was about as hot-blooded as the golem was going to get. He was not cool with others taking damage in place of his huge metal bum. How he was supposed to get enough leverage on open water to extract with a single arm what was probably a very, very heavy SP was very unclear to Magna, but he knew well enough that thinking about it was not going to improve his chances of making it happen. He was just going to all his strength as a 10 foot tall golem into doing what he felt was his duty.

Anyis kept a safe distance from Tel's worm trio, being unsure of how well or poorly they'd be able to move in the water. That didn't mean she wasn't going to attack though, of course. One of the worms had a big gem on its forehead that read "TARGET HERE" to Anyis, and she was fully intent on doing just that. "Mill! Get out of your date long enough for some chips!" shouted Anyis into the air, trying to get her Operator's attention.

"... What date? Rania and I are just talking." answered Mill blankly, having no clue what his Navi was talking about. "Anyway, here's a chip. Judging from the water I'm seeing, it should help." he said as he slotted in a single Battlechip.

Anyis just stared at Mill's image on the video screen with a perplexed look on her face. It really boggled her mind that this guy could really be so oblivious. Heck, it was probably a good thing she didn't mention Mill to Fiona, or else her entire explanation to the water spirit probably would've fallen dead on the spot. Anyis just shook her head at this would-be impossibility as a lone chip uploaded to her systems. "Hmm... Okay. This one is punishment for disrespecting Fiona and women everywhere, Tel!" grinned Anyis menacingly as she clutched an ice crystal in her gloved hand and threw it straight at the gem on his forehead. As it flew, the ice crystal spread its chilly presence outward, expanding into a full-fledged IceWave attack right before reaching the giant scale-worm.

After launching the attack, Anyis backed off once more, but this time caught something out of the corner of her eye. Magna was floating over there... Okay, floating's weird, but she figured Mill did something for that. That wasn't the issue, there. It looked like Magna was fighting something in the water... No, pulling on it. She looked the other way, and counted all 3 worms without a hitch. So then what was Magna... "... Damnit!" shouted Anyis, smacking herself on the forehead as she realized MeleeMan's SP was nowhere to be seen. "God, why did both of our SPs have to be made of metal?" she groaned in frustration as she rerouted her Ectopatcher routine down into the water to reach Damascus and give her a lifeline should Magna fail to get her above the surface.

Anyis's Actions:
2. Convince Fiona to fight Tel
3. Raining River (Sea Stage Terrain Change)
4. IceWave 1 (80 Aqua Damage, Freeze on Sea Terrain) @ Tel2
5. Dodge
--Ectopatcher (Heal 15 HP) @ Damascus

Magna's Actions:
--Activate Buoy.GMO
1. Grab Damascus and try to lift her out of the water (Movement)
2. WILLPOWEEEEER (Movement)
MeleeMan grunted as his back connected with the tree. On the bright side, however, the shock had knocked him out of his worry over the stupid things that the ghost was making him say. It also forced him to put his attention on the enemy rather than Anyis, whom he probably would have continued bugging if he could have interjected his own personal philosophy on women into the speech. It was probably best for their chances with Fiona if she didn't hear MeleeMan's thoughts on women...

Of course, that was even assuming MeleeMan could get out his own thoughts on women in his present state. He felt almost like the mist surrounding his body was french-kissing him, but it was a lot less pleasant than that; more like the mist was a hand clamped at his face, making his mouth move and say things he didn't want to. He'd have to try to avoid talking as much as he could while crossed.

Rania's jovial mood was immediately spoiled as she heard Mill imply that what they were doing was not a date. "But we're alone together! Sitting together on the same bench! We both took the time to meet here! This must be a date!" she thought to herself, keeping her face frozen as it had been while laughing, despite frustration now creeping across it in several visible ways, not the least of which was the crease of her uniquely fierce eyebrows. Mill might be as hard to deal with as MeleeMan, but in a different way...

MeleeMan snapped her out of it, rather literally, by snapping his big metal fingers together. "Come on, Rania, Anyis has joined in now. Time to get in the fight," he encouraged her impatiently. "I feel like a ColdPunch is pretty appropriate now." Rania responded with coldness appropriate to the chip, slotting it through wordlessly. She also slotted in an aregrab, anticipating the distance problem that he hadn't.

With a shrug, MeleeMan leaped forward in a BURST OF GHOSTS and went in to attack the worms. "If there's one thing I'm going to do, you scaly bastard, it's fight!" he roared, replacing one gauntlet with a larger, chilly one. Not as quick as his counterpart, the big navi didn't quite understand the fact that a gem in the forehead of only one snake might mean something. Accordingly, he aimed to attack all three of the snakes, one after another.

Enjoying the freedom allowed to him moving over the water by his cross, MeleeMan punched at the snakes one after another with broad swings of his fist. The ColdPunch also felt a little more natural now, since the frigidness of it wasn't combating the heat that naturally surrounded his body, which had been replaced by a cool mist... "Wait, what? I wasn't fighting over the water, was I?" he asked as he punched, feeling confused. He just assumed it was something that Anyis had done and kept on slugging.

Damascus, in the mean time, was facing sudden emotional trauma as great or greater than that which MeleeMan had undergone moments before. The water that suddenly appeared beneath her feet was significantly more threatening to her than it had been to her master. She shot an incredibly vicious glare at Anyis before her feet suddenly sank into the water. Not just her feet, but her entire body was dropping like a rock, having just turned to iron. "Dammit! No matter what happens, rust or drowning, either way my own ally has killed me!" she thought in alarm, wanting to raise her arms. Her body had become so stiff, rigid, and iron, however, that she found she was unable to manage even much flailing. As much as she could, she tried to raise her arms into the air slowly as she sank.

Damascus skin crackled as she felt the water around her, slowly tarnishing her flesh. Her eyes darted up madly when she felt something grab hold of one of her hands. Opening her mouth despite being underwater, she released her breath in bubbles and reciprocated the grasp. She then desperately attempted to climb up onto the arm as far she could. Her black, shining, blade-like hair hung around her but didn't quite cling to her skin, as it seemed that even apart from the extension it was somewhat metallic and blade-like at its ends. Magna would have to be careful not to let himself get scratched on it... that is, if a couple of razors scraping a metallic golem could even damage it in the first place. The SP's red eyes looked up with an uncharacteristic helplessness as she hoped that the somehow-floating (she hadn't figured out how yet) golem could sustain her weight.

Finishing his assault, MeleeMan skid backwards and kicked up water. He was sure the monster's next attack would probably do more than just throw him around and thus anticipated it to the best of his ability, bracing his arms out to the side to balance himself, knowing there was a good chance he'd take some hits. He'd been interested to feel that he could not only channel his original Red Rage through the burners on his gauntlets, but also the new power of the ghost infusion. It wasn't nearly as much of a boost as Anyis' ghost infusion had allowed him the last time he'd felt it, but it was still sizable enough to impress him.

... He didn't really know what was happening with his SP, but her hair down look was kind of hot. And her body was finally wet. All of this helped him put just a little more power behind his punches as well.

MeleeMan:
1) Activate Level 1 AnyisCross
2) Areagrab towards Tell group
*) Buff from Damascus to next attack
3) ColdPunch to Tel1 [95]
*) Passive Red Rage to next attack
4) Coldpunch to Tel2 [110]
*) Passive Ghost Infusion to next attack
5) Coldpunch to Tel3 [100]

Damascus:
*) Variable Buff to MeleeMan [15 Strengthen]
1) Steel Skin [Ironbody to Self]
2) Grab onto Magna
With a last word of female encouragement, Anyis left Fiona to her own devices as she rained down on the area, starting the transformation of an entire section of the baking Netfrica network into one giant lake of water. MeleeMan's change into his Cross with Anyis caused the water to not be a detriment to himself. The SPs, however, were having a bit more trouble. Magna was completely fine due to his buoyhood, but Damascus' steel skin was working against her, dragging her down due to her added weight. With their added effort, Magna managed to hold up his comrade with all he had, but some of the rust still affected Damascus slightly. Luckily, Anyis' Ectopatcher solved that problem handily.

Tel was less than pleased with the change. DIRTY TRICKS! I'LL DEAL WITH THAT! he roared.

After that, the worms dove underwater, and resurfaced near each other, forming a tight group. Their heads reared upwards as a bulge began to travel up their scaled bodies, after which they began to vomit a constant stream of sand down on the ground near them, creating a small sand island. Some of the sandblasts were enough to hit MeleeMan with a pretty heavy dose of damage (10x6), but that didn't faze him from giving the Tel-worms a few solid punches, as well as for Anyis to blast one with a solid IceWave. Two of the worms were damaged with strange effects, their damage readouts reading complete gibberish, while the last one with the gem was merely stunned for a bit. The strangely-damaged worms were knocked back into the sand, seemingly dissolving when they hit the water.

The singular status of Anyis and Meleeman's enemies did did not last very long, however, when the two resurfaced near the unaffected one, their HP readouts back to full!

Fiona merely watched from the sidelines, swimming to a tree near the battle scene. Shaking, she whispered to herself, debating whether to follow Anyis' rather strange code of life. "V-Violence...? I-I c-can't hurt Tel... N-No... B-But..."

Tel1: 1000HP (Sand)
Tel2: 810HP (Sand)
Tel3: 1000HP (Sand)

Terrain:
60% Sea (Everywhere else)
40% Sand (Island surrounding Tel-worms)

Objects:
About 12 or so palm trees around the oasis GIANT LAKE. Trees are 250HP, anchored. Only the tops are seen, except for a couple on the sand terrain. There is no shrubbery to be seen.

MeleeMan.EXE: 255HP (Sand) [AnyisCross L1]
Damascus.SP: 40HP (Sea) (Holding on to Magna)
Magna.SP: 40HP (Sea) [Golem Buckler 2]
MeleeMan made a sour expression spitting out sand and growling angrily. He observed that some sort of trick had allowed the other two snakes, apart from the gem-bearing one, to come out of the attack unscathed. "Well damn, you've got some tricks yourself, don't you?" he grumbled, putting up his fists and preparing for another attack.

"If there's one thing I can tell, it's that the snake gets some advantage from having that sand terrain. We ought to see if there's a way we can take care of it," Rania suggested, crossing her arms across her chest and tensing her brow thoughtfully.

The navi groaned inwardly, knowing that this would be the perfect time to use his lavazone if he were still in his original form. However, with AnyisCross now active and his ability to walk on water engaged, he had significant doubts that he'd be able to pull off walking on lava as well. His intended reaction was something like, "Guess lava's out of the question." Instead it came out something like, "Well I guess lava's out of the question for me." The navi's upper lip twitched as he felt the cool sensation of ghost's playing with his mouth again.

Rania raised one eyebrow, looking curious. "What's that?" she asked, fishing the chip out of her folder.

MeleeMan groaned, seeing now that he was locked into acting upon an option that, while presented clearly in his mind, implied a great deal more reliance on others than he enjoyed. "Anyis can float, right? If I transfer her the lavazone, she can make use of it without being injured," he answered, looking discontent. Rania nodded, thinking it was a rather clever plan for her meat-headed navi's standards, and slotted through the chip. "I'm also going to want a rockcube," he added as an afterthought. Rania complied, giving him the chip he'd asked for.

Sighing, the big navi patched the data through to Anyis. "Hey, this is a one-time special favor, alright? You owe me. I want this thing back later," he grumbled, giving her the lavazone data. After that, he decided it might be wise to give Anyis a little room, since the lava would spread out when she put it down.

Damascus, in the mean-time, was far more grudging towards Anyis then the little display that MeleeMan frequently put on. Her body had now become soft and fleshy, so she used the opportunity to climb up further onto Magna and latch onto his back. She peeked her head out over his shoulder while her wet, massive breasts squished up against the SP's back, a position which would no doubt have been very stimulating for a net entity that was not a giant metal robot. From her new vantage point, she shot Anyis a glare that spoke a clear message: "Prove you're worth it now, or so help me God, I'm going to split open your body and carve your guts out with my bare hands."

MeleeMan:
1) Give Lavazone to Anyis
2) Move backwards away from snakes

Damascus:
*) Buff to Anyis (Strengthen 15)

--Withholding remaining actions till after Bomber's post--
Anyis curiously raised an eyebrow in MeleeMan's direction at the proposition, wondering what kind of hair-brained scheme was fueling this thought of teamwork. "This chip isn't going to, like... explode or anything, right? I mean, I get the reasoning and all, but still... You sharing is kinda creepy." Anyis thought aloud, publicly confirming her expectations that MeleeMan be as rash and thoughtless at all times. Upon deciding not to worry about that too much, she turned her focus on thinking what to do with this LavaZone sent to her, but her train of thought was quickly derail as she got that feeling of daggers being stared into her back. A cautious glance over to the SP pair gave Anyis knowledge that Damascus was the one glaring, and that she was imparting a very clear message in that glare: do something good, or suffer. Now, Anyis typically wasn't one to back off from a threat, but she could admit that she caused some problems for Damascus with the sudden wash of the oasis and that she owed the SP a favor.

"So... Hmm, lava..." muttered Anyis, turning away from Damascus's threatening encouragement to figure out how to turn this hot item against Tel. There was one prior occasion where she had used lava to good results, but what was it... Oh. That. Ugh, she really didn't want to remember that instance with her MeleeCross if she didn't have to. But, admittedly, there was something there that warranted a repeat now. It was overkill last time, but looking at the sheer size of Tel and the fight he had given them so far, "overkill" wasn't a word in this battle. "Mill! GolemHit." said Anyis in a commanding tone.

Mill pulled out the chip as asked, popped it into the slot, then looked at his PET and the chip data already transmitted to it. "LavaZone... and GolemHit? Anyis, you're not going to do that again, are you?" asked Mill worriedly.

"You know what "that" is? I figured you weren't paying attention." chided Anyis in return.

"It was kind of hard to miss when you almost ruined my PET's speakers with the explosion. In any case, I'm sending you the Cannon too. You're going to need to get in quick and get out quick, and Boogeyman's only a one-way ride." explained Mill as he slotted in two chips to accompany the loan from Rania and MeleeMan.

Anyis thought back to the last time, and remembered that she probably would've been rather charred had Magna not pulled her out of the blast zone. "... Yeah, fair enough." conceded Anyis. Being sufficiently armed now, Anyis opted to overload those armaments. Upon linking her mind up to the River above, the massive collection of ghost data immediately began feeding a portion of itself into a fixed point above Anyis's head. This was strange to Anyis at first, having only seen the GolemHit used as a fist attack, but a quick examination of the chip revealed a drop-type option for it, and the ghosts she was infusing into the attack seemed to be partial to the idea. Seeing the data churn restlessly with no host to possess, Anyis went ahead and materialized the remote, drop-type GolemHit, which the ghosts quickly latched onto and weaved their way through the stones comprising the weapon.

While the Mother Unit was setting up, Magna thought about what he could do. Unit Damascus was currently clinging to his back in very awkward fashion (for her), so directly supporting Mother Unit was out of the question. Magna was mildly curious as to why Unit Damascus was holding onto his back when she could just be sitting on his floating base, which had plenty of room between its 4 metal support bars. Processing... Perhaps the frictional force between himself and Unit Damascus was at a high magnitude when Unit Damascus applied the surface area of her chest to his back, ultimately giving her a more stable position to take additional action on. This was logical, so having the most plausible solution allowed Magna to toss aside the need to ask Unit Damascus. With that query resolved, Magna went back to wondering how he could best aid Mother Unit. His weapon systems still lacked sufficient firepower to serve much purpose against Tel, and his body's endurance was equally lacking. In fact, all Magna really had at the moment were... his shields.

Processing... He could currently assemble a second shield in addition to his own, and quickly just did that, giving himself an excessively large tower shield on each hand. However, since it seemed like Mother Unit and Unit MeleeMan were going to engage Unknown Entity Tel, it was unlikely that either of the SPs were going to be targets in the near future. Magna thus didn't need both shields, so... Well, his only conclusion was to throw it at Tel. Actually, in Tel. Magna resolved to throw his spare shield straight down Tel's throat, giving him something to choke on while the Navis attacked. The golem SP watched the worm creatures quietly for Tel to open his gaping jaw, then suddenly announced, "Please hang on, Unit Damascus. There will be a momentary change in velocity." Magna reared his right arm and old shield back, then with a mighty heave sent it ripping through the air like a javelin aimed to go down Tel's gullet. Magna then quickly raised his remaining shield in front of himself and Unit Damascus, bracing for whatever troubles may lay ahead.

Anyis was just doing some minor calibrations to give this plan the best chance of success, but upon seeing Magna's shield streak through the air towards Tel, she knew she had to leap into action should she not want a trio of giant worms very angry at her SP. "Damnit Magna, don't go doing these kind of things without my permission..." she sighed as the earlier-sent Cannon appeared on her left hand. Anyis aimed the gun behind her, took a running start across the water, and fired, sending herself flying through the air and towards Tel, with ghost-possessed GolemHit in tow. As she soared, Anyis lined up the next chip in her arsenal, mainly the LavaZone she was given by MeleeMan. Using this on the water would only cut down on their own range of movement, so the obvious choice was to trigger this on the new sand Tel had laid. And, of course, that sand was exactly where Anyis was going. As she landed on a knee on the thin shoreline Tel created, Anyis shouted just one thing:

"Burn!"

With that command, the sand surrounding Tel and Anyis was set ablaze, melting into a fiery cauldron of lava around the open sea of water, creating a constant ring of steam around the edge as the two opposites clashed against each other. Anyis immediately looked up, eyeing the GolemHit that had followed her and was resting above the trio of worms. In the rush of the moment, Anyis let loose all the restraints she had been keeping on it, allowing the stone fist to absorb the coldness of the ghosts within it. With the GolemHit now filled with her Aqua element and the chaotic spirits to power it, the powerful attack went into a nosedive, intent on striking Tel right on the gem embedded on his forehead. Before that fierce collision of cold and hot occured, though, Anyis was focused on getting the hell out of the area. "Boogeyman!" she shouted urgently, commanding the silent poltergeist into existence at her feet. Anyis immediately planted her feet on the extended palms that Boogeyman offered her, and without another word from her mouth, the ragged ghost shoved with all its might, sending Anyis through the air once more, this time back the way she came. She raised her arms in front of her face as she flew through the steam ring and back into the watery territory. Before making contact with the open sea, though, Anyis yelled, "MeleeMan! Finish him!" to her ally with all the haste of the moment. With her command came a little aid as she quickly threw the focus of her Ectopatcher onto MeleeMan, feeding fresh data into his body to repair the light wounds from earlier. Anyis then crashed shoulder-first into the water and took refuge underneath and the GolemHit engaged Tel...

Anyis's Actions:
1. Channel Surf (120 Strengthen, 3TCD) @ Self
---

Magna's Actions:
--2nd Reinforced Golem's Buckler (2 Hit Shield)
1. Throw first Golem's Buckler into Tel2's mouth (CHOKE/preemptively block breath attacks)
2. Defend Self/Damascus

---
2. Cannon Jump (Knockback) towards Tel2
3. LavaZone (Large Area Lava terrain) around Anyis/Tel group
--Ice Bleeding (Imbue Aqua to:)
4. Explosive GolemHit2 (190 Aqua damage, 120 Strengthen, 15 Buff, Break, Panel Break, 100% Lava Terrain Effect Bonus = 650 damage) @ Tel2/Tel1/Tel3
--Boogeyman (Knockback) @ Self, Jump back onto Sea terrain
--Ectopatcher (Heal 15 HP) @ MeleeMan
5. Submerge in Sea Terrain

Cooldowns:
Raining River - 2 turns
Channel Surf - 3 turns
MeleeMan groaned, seeing that Anyis was about to get in some serious face time as the stronger navi with her next attack. He was fairly certain that the fist she was using was more powerful than anything in his folder and that her ghost infusions were making it possibly more powerful than any attack he'd ever used in his life. She'd impact down into the lava, possibly crushing Tel, definitely breaking the panels... spreading lava everywhere with the force of the hit... all of that damage...

"For the love of-!" MeleeMan swore through his teeth, realizing that if his interest started peaking again his new robe would not hide the elevation as well as his coat had. "Rania, a rockcube! I need one, quick!" he hissed, looking severely agitated. Rania had no idea why her navi would want something like a rockcube without her requesting that he used it, but she gave it to him anyways. MeleeMan summoned the cube in front of himself, giving a sigh of relief. After a second or two of being hidden, his raging testosterone began to calm down a bit, and he found himself more in control. "Alright, don't need this thing any more," he whistled, punching the cube hard with his ColdFist and sending it sailing in the direction of the snakes.

"Huh? That's it?" Rania asked, frowning. "Well, I guess it does the damage, but what's the urgency in it?"

"Hey, if you didn't notice, I've taken some damage already. The situation's plenty urgent," he grumbled, not particularly minding the damage as much as the possible hurt to his pride if his reaction to Anyis was discovered. "Anyways, send me a boner."

"..."

"A Skully1. You know, that bone chip," he coughed. Nodding and raising one eyebrow dubiously, the operator slotted through the chip. Somewhat carelessly but with impressive arm strength, the navi simply chucked the bone behind his rockcube as a follow up attack. He wasn't really focusing on the battle, but rather was having a hard time erasing the image of Anyis and her powerful fists out of his mind.

Damascus, in the mean time, stuck firm to her spot despite Magna's hidden doubts that it might be more sensible for her to occupy his lower deck. By this point, she'd realized the deck existed, but she liked being able to peek out and glare at Anyis just to keep her on her toes. She didn't seem to have taken into account the whole sexual aspect of it, which was probably better for both her and Magna, and with similar obliviousness decided to wrap her legs around him as best as she could so that they would not be hanging. "I don't even have a shield to throw in this current state... How disgraceful," she murmured to herself, closing her eyes in meditation. She figured the best she could do at this point was to watch and see if any attacks came at them that warranted avoiding even despite Magna's shield.

MeleeMan:
1) Give Lavazone to Anyis
2) Move backwards away from snakes
3) Summon Rockcube in front of self
4) ColdPunch Rockcube towards Tel2 [200 damage on impact]
5) Skully1 to Tel2 [100 + Homing + Confusion]

Damascus:
*) Buff to Anyis (Strengthen 15)
1) Cling to Magna and share shield
2) Prepare to dodge if shield falls
Setting up a combination attack, MeleeMan passed a LavaZone to Anyis, while the latter began charging up a storm with her connection with the ghostly River of the network. Damascus passed some kind of message to Anyis with her piercing knife of a glare while holding on to the floating buoy SP. Magna, meanwhile, assisted Mother Unit by throwing his tower shield at Tel, who was throwing fits of anger at all of them.

YOU'RE ALL DEAD! DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD!!! the worms roared, as they tried to ram Anyis by lunging at her. Unfortunately, their plot was foiled by Magna's quick throw, causing the ram to fail and the worms to lurch back in pain.

Taking the opportunity and blasting herself up with a Cannon burst, Anyis infused the GolemHit fist with everything she had, and activated the LavaZone for maximum effect. The fist glowed blue and white, surrounded by the mists created by the ghostly strength that possessed it. With a determined roar of confidence, she brought down the fist of retribution down on the worm. The cracked flooring made for a quick descent for one of the trees, but fortunately for the worms, only one was hit, and the other two split up from the middle. The one that was hit took quite a massive blow, though, and some of the worm's scales were flaking off and dropping onto the lava. Suddenly, the other two worms began to change... no, dissolve, into sand fragments as soon as they touched the water, and disappeared promptly. MeleeMan's RockCube flew by, then dropped into one of the holes without much fanfare. His Skully hadn't much luck in hitting Tel either, missing by a couple of feet or so.

By now, Tel looked desperate, and now turned to Fiona. HAH, HAH, HAH... FIONA! HELP ME..! Fiona's response was to simply sink back in intimidation, afraid to retaliate, but also afraid to turn back against Anyis, who had tried to help her. She cowered, trapped in a dilemma, until one thing made her snap. FIONA! IF YOU DON'T HELP ME, YOU KNOW WHO'S GOING TO BE IN FOR A LOT OF TROUBLE! Tel screamed.

Whoops, wrong thing to say.

Suddenly, Tel stopped mid-sentence, as if regretting his act. Fiona, meanwhile, rose from her head-only display, showing that although she had the voice of a child earlier, beneath the head was a full-grown woman. Well, at least, except for the fact that Fiona's long legs were attached to the water beneath her. Her blue eyes looked no longer scared, but angry. Very, very angry. Then, just as she appeared, she dropped straight back into the pool. All was quiet for a few fleeting moments-- until the water began to churn and boil. The water began to roll as it spread across the little lava-pool of Anyis' creation, with everyone struggling to keep steady.

Then, from the pool rose a huge beast of some sort made of water, hunched over. At its sides were monstrously huge claws, and many spikes protruded from its exposed back. When it stood, everyone saw that it had no head of any sort, and that it only appeared to be hunched over. The massive water-beast reached out for the worm with its claws, gripping the worm tightly, as if suffocating it. "You would never touch her! Never! NEVER!" Then, grabbing the worm with both claws, Fiona proceeded to rip the worm into smaller and smaller pieces...

Soon, pieces of the worm were floating lifelessly on the large pool in the middle of Netfrica, surrounding a giant water-beast-thing. ...Uh... Battle's over?

Tel: MAXIMUM VIOLENCE'D

Fiona: 5000HP (Sea)

Terrain:
100% Sea

Objects:
About 11 or so palm trees around the oasis GIANT LAKE. Trees are 250HP, anchored. Only the tops are seen.

MeleeMan.EXE: 270HP (Sand) [AnyisCross L1]
Damascus.SP: 40HP (Sea) (Holding on to Magna)
Magna.SP: 40HP (Sea) [Golem Buckler 2]

-BATTLE FIVE, VICTORY?-

Rewards:
Anyis: 1000z, [SandWorm1] Battlechip, 8FXP, 50 BugFrags
MeleeMan: 1500z, 8FXP, 50 BugFrags
The churning water forced Anyis to surface, leaving her to wonder what the cause was. Upon seeing what happened between Fiona and Tel, only one thing escaped her lips: *Whyuuuu...* whistled Anyis, who was just unable to put words to this spectacle. Her and MeleeMan's attack on Tel worked decently enough, but whether Fiona took heed to Anyis's words or just snapped... Wow. Anyis could only assume that Tel really was that much of a jerk, 'cause even though she personally always had or reason or two to hit MeleeMan, it was never enough to seriously injure him, let alone rip him to pieces like the (apparently) fearsome water spirit did.

Since it seemed fairly safe to assume that Tel wouldn't be an issue anymore, Anyis turned her head to look at the SPs, giving a straight glance to Damascus in check for her forgiveness for that whole "drowning" thing. She only glazed her eyes past Magna, as he wasn't going to be giving a meaningful expression anytime soon, and then turned to look at MeleeMan, tilting her head slightly and opening her palms to project the question of "Now what?".

... Though, Anyis quickly realized that she was probably the most qualified to approach Fiona. Magna was a social brick, Damascus's tongue was sharper than her hair, and MeleeMan... words fail to describe him in that regard. Sighing, Anyis stood up once more on the water with help from her FloatShoes, then slowly closed a little distance between herself and the water-beast form of Fiona. "... Feeling better, Fiona? You sure vented a lot of frustration there." asked Anyis, who totally neglected the fact that she herself had vented a large excess of frustration through a volcanic explosion not so long ago.