Into the Whiteout

Raiden spared only a second to analyze the Zenny and the chip that his violence had earned. It was a substantially larger amount than he had ever gotten. It was to be expected of a region of the Net that wasn't nearly suitable for a Navi of his power level.

"Marina--"

"I told you not to call me that."

"Marina, I am leaving."

"So soon?"

"Yes. There are things to attend to. I believe that our current funds are sufficient for a few upgrades."

She took a quick check of her cash total, and discovered that Raiden was right. Her thoughts immediately flew to the upgrade shop that she had seen advertised in some piece of Internet spam that they had passed by recently, and nodded to herself. With a couple of swift clicks she had the window that showed her face to the Net world open again, although her visage was hardly visible through the digital blizzard.

"Thanks for the time, you guys."

She flicked a switch on the touch-screen of her PET, and Raiden disappeared into the black sky in a burst of lightning that threw the snowstorm into stark black-and-white relief.
Teethman let the barrel come to a stop as it began to slow its rapid rotation, smoke drifting from each of the five barrels. Holding it in front of his face, he allowed the tube shape to revert to its block form, the tips at the end that had been barrels quickly retreating into the structure. Within a moment, his arm had returned to normal. Quickly, he accepted the reward his enemies had provided.

The Navi took a look around to find that one of his allies had already left. One of his teammates had apparently asked if the excursion was to continue, as Teethman's operator began his reply addressed to the word-thrift Navi.

"As much as I'd love to, I fear we've already spent more time than I intended to tonight on our escapade. I'd like to get into touch with you all again, but, er..." he said, not wanting to reveal he'd lost his old Netbattling contact information and couldn't give away his business address to friends, "But I can't really recall my contact information at this time. That is, er... I don't have it readily available..." he stated, his hand coming to the neck of his tie to straighten it as viewable in the window. "But I thank you all for an enjoyable Netbattling experience. Be sure to reach us in the future again if you're ever so disposed."

"Farewell, Pianist Jimbo also... O'Baron," Teethman bid the two Navis, still curious as to where his former ally had gone. "Including voice Titanus I voiced farewell similar fine. Enduring we join repeating!" the Navi called as he vanished, his newer, flashier teleporting sequence carrying the same results as his chattering vanished from the Netspace.
"And just why would we stop now?" asked Oberon with a smirk. "Look at us." He gestured around the group, scanning each one. "We finished that battle in under a minute, and the enemies hardly even scratched us. When I've got reason to worry, that's when I'll quit."

His pendant flashed one more time as his weapons disappeared, and he folded his arms. It was quite a group he'd gotten himself into this time. "By the way, Raiden---" Oberon trailed off as he looked over his shoulder in search of the Navi he was addressing. But he was gone.

Oberon had wanted to learn more about who was obviously an experienced NetBattler, not that it mattered. An ally was an ally. With one exception.

Oberon, said a disembodied voice near the ghostly Navi, Stay safe for a minute. Kazu's making an ACDC run and he needs to take our battlechips with him. Take godo care of him, Titania.
"Well...I guess that's that," said Pianissimo. "Since this group seems to be falling apart for now...I'm going to explore some other areas of the net. The NetPolice might not assign me here for that research mission, even though I requested it. I'd like to know my way around some of the other areas."

Giving a wave to Oberon, he said "I'm starting with Yumland. Come with me if you like," then disappeared behind the cover of the raging blizzard.

((Joining Eon if he'll let me. Otherwise, I'll make a topic there.))