Life's a Witch

"I'm in!" The sight of a witch really didn't mesh well with the Beach Street vibe of 'beach fun', but at least Anathema didn't instantly burst into flame. "...Yeesh, it's warm!"

"Um, yeah. It's the beach. What'd you expect?"

"Fair enough...really wish I had a witch's hat like yours, though. Especially now, when you're not even wearing it!"

"Sorry, I haven't mastered the art of sending things from the real world to Cyberworld just yet."

"Well, I'll just tough it out!"

"Er, wait, you two. Alda, do you still have SmogMan's chips and upgrades? If not, this'll be a little tough..."

"Don't worry, I still have them. I almost got rid of them, but I could never really bring myself to do it. I even still have my PET upgrades. I altered them to be compatible with Annie, of course."

"I see. Proceed."

"Proceeding!" But walking was for losers. She floated up a few inches, and started hovering forward. Psh, most witches needed brooms to hover around, but not her. She could just float all around, as she searched for viruses to practice her magic on.

(Searching for Battle #1)
The heat of the sun from the Beach Street's network bore down on Anathema's head as she made her way down through the network. The way was laid out for her from the entrance transfer pad towards the beach area with a lovely paved road, flowers growing on either side. Unfortunately, some enterprising person had elected to drop a rather large rock in the middle of the path. Presumably it was a few viruses, which also happened to be present on the road. A couple of green Genin viruses were dashing around the rocks that had been placed to block the road, while a lone yellow NeoMetool stood on top of the largest rock standing in the middle of the road.

As soon as Anathema came in, however, the Metool squeaked loudly to inform its comrades of her presence, after which the Genin vanished into thin air, leaving the helmeted virus alone on top of the large rock. It would've looked rather majestic, being also backed by some strange green glow from behind it, if it wasn't also extremely weak for a virus. Still, it readied itself to fight the Navi that had presented herself, setting its sights on her. However, Anathema felt that its comrades may or may not have actually left it for dry, still feeling their presence in the area.

-- Viruses --
NeoMetoolNeoMetool (NeoMetool)

NeoMetool not currently attacking will guard. Entering guard mode requires an action. Exiting guard mode does not require an action.

Area: ACDC, Electown, Okuden Valley, Kotobuki Town, Dentech, Beach

HP: 40
Attack Damage/Effect: 10 Null + Spread 1
Attack Accuracy: B
Attack Description: Spits out a bullet that penetrates an enemy to hit another one directly behind it.
Element: Null
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Shotgun, ShieldGuard, Zenny
Special: Can hide in its helmet to negate damage.
Special: If hit while hiding with a non-Break attack, its next attack will do 30 damage instead of 10. This effect does not stack across multiple hits.
: 40 HP (On top of rock formation A)
GeninGenin (Genin)

Area: Beach, Yumland, Netfrica

HP: 60
Attack: 30 Null + Slashing + Group Attack (MoonBlade) / 10 Null + Slashing x 3 Attacks x 2 Targets (Kunai)
Attack Accuracy: B / B
Attack Description: Counter attacks with either a spinning cut or a volley of Kunai.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Kunai1, MoonBlade1, Zenny
Special: This virus does not initiate attacks on it's own.
- Seeks cover behind objects when not attacking.
- If no objects are present, this viruses evasion is enhanced.
- Counters Battlechip use with Kunai once per turn.
- Counters Buster use with MoonBlade once per turn.
- Counters Sig Attack use with either Kunai, or Moonblade once per turn.
A: 60 HP (Hiding behind rock formation B, Sand)
GeninGenin (Genin)

Attack: 30 Null + Slashing + Group Attack (MoonBlade) / 10 Null + Slashing x 3 Attacks x 2 Targets (Kunai)
Attack Description: Counter attacks with either a spinning cut or a volley of Kunai.
B: 60 HP (Hiding behind rock formation C, Sand)

-- Navis --
Anathema.EXE: 100 HP (Normal)

-- Terrain --
40% Normal (Roadway down the middle)
20% Grass (Lining the road on either end)
5% Mud (Patch of mud behind rock formation A)
35% Sand (Everywhere else off to the side)

-- Objects --
GMD: 15 HP (Behind formation A, Mud)
Rock Formation A: 100 HP (Directly ahead, Grass)
Rock Formation B: 40 HP (Further to the left, Sand)
Rock Formation C: 40 HP (Further to the right, Sand)

-- Battle 1 Ready? Start!! --
"Wha...?" Anathema didn't have far to float before encountering a...situation, with rocks in the middle of perfectly good roads. "Why is there a rock in the middle of the road? I'd guess the viruses, but they don't really look...uh, muscular enough."

"I think the viruses are the bigger worry, here. I mean, it's not like the rock's blocking traffic. Someone else'll take care of it. Viruses, however, can inflict pain, and that's bad."

"Pain, huh...well, I can inflict that too!" The witch Navi snapped her fingers, causing her to adopt a slightly more traditional Navi appearance in that she now had Navi armor from the neck down. "Have any ideas, or shall we just blast them to oblivion?"

"Whoa there, let's not get ahead of ourselves. There's mystery data behind the rock. So, we need to be careful. Problem is, most of the chips we have aren't good at being careful."

"Well, that's a problem. But, the key word there is 'most', right?"

"Exactly! This one won't harm it at all, but WILL harm the viruses!" There it was...a chip she'd always wanted to use on SmogMan, but never did. At least her current Navi would still get some enjoyment from it. "BattleChip, PoisonMask! Slot in!"

Though the chip data was received, Anathema didn't activate it right away. Instead, she floated over towards the large rock, with the sentry. Speaking of which, was it just her, or did this one seem a little...different, from a typical Mettaur? Eh, it didn't really matter. Once she drew near, she raised an arm forward, causing some dark energy to form, and took shape as a PuffBall mask. It opened its eyes, and began emitting a purple powder in the nearby area, that on contact would do some nasty, horrible stuff. ...Maybe she should collect some of that powder for Net potions? Nah, some other time, maybe. An actual PuffBall's would almost certainly be better, anyway.

"All right, good! Now, let's work on those ninja guys. They're hiding behind the rocks, so it's not hard to figure out where they are."

"Well, yeah. You just told me. Behind the rocks."

"Yeah, well...hush! Just pick one and use this!" How appropriate, the chip picture was stabbing a Mettaur. Although, they wouldn't be using it on the Mettaur there...great, one slip up after another. "BattleChip, SideBamboo! Slot in!"

"Ooh, elemental magic time! Wood magic's not usually what you think of when you think of offensive spells, but the Net's a funny place!" The floating Navi pointed to the ground, causing a small bolt of darkness to shoot from her finger into it. For a moment, nothing seemed to happen, but soon holes suddenly started to form a bit behind the left formation. Bamboo skewers shot out from them, hoping to...skewer the ninja...with bamboo. She should probably work on the presentation more next time, but hey, so long as it was dead, job well done.

[Order of Turn:
1-Get within Nova 2 range of NeoMettaur (Movement)
2- PoisonMaskEffect: (2-Hit Shield) + (50 Poison + Miasma(Nova2))
Accuracy: S
Description: Summons a PoisonMask which acts as a 2-Hit Shield. While equipped, the PoisonMask will generate a cloud of poisonous Miasma in a Nova2 area around the user that damages all who draw near, but it will cease producing the Miasma if dropped. Break attacks will instantly destroy the PoisonMask.
Duration: Until destroyed or overwritten.
Special: Poison: Damage is considered Poison, and cannot be Imbued with an Element. Poison damage is dealt on a per-turn basis, and takes effect the turn after the target is struck with it. Poison can be cured with Status Cure.
Special: Miasma(mod): A method of delivering poison damage. This effect generates a damage zone, and bypasses all known forms of defense without exception. The coverage varies, and is denoted by the modifier listed in parenthesis after this effect.
Special: Status Guard: This chip blocks debuffs.
Trader Rank: D
on Anathema
3- SideBamboo1Damage: 80 + Long Attack
Accuracy: B
Description: Summons a Kilby virus to the field that stabs the enemy from the side with a long lance, then silently vanishes. Can hit up to 2 targets.
Duration: Once
Element: Wood
on GeninA]
Transforming herself into slightly more battle-appropriate attire, Anathema floated over towards the NeoMetool, and proceeded to produce a PoisonMask shield. The shield belched out its miasma around Anathema, causing the yellow-hatted virus just in front of her to spontaneously explode. Towards the side, the Genin viruses peeked out from behind their rocks to lob a few throwing knives her way as soon as she produced the poisonous shield. Unfortunately, being flanked on from her left and right didn't bode too well for trying to block anything with the mask, and she took quite a few knives to her sides. (-10x3)

Retaliation was swift enough, at least, with the Genin on her left receiving some of her elemental magic, in the guise of a few bamboo skewers jutting out of a few produced holes, which stabbed through both the virus and the rock it was hiding behind, destroying them both.

-- Viruses --

NeoMetool not currently attacking will guard. Entering guard mode requires an action. Exiting guard mode does not require an action.

Attack Description: Spits out a bullet that penetrates an enemy to hit another one directly behind it.
Special: If hit while hiding with a non-Break attack, its next attack will do 30 damage instead of 10. This effect does not stack across multiple hits.
: DELETED
GeninGenin (Genin)

A: DELETED
GeninGenin (Genin)

B: 60 HP (Hiding behind rock formation C, Sand)

-- Navis --
Anathema.EXE: 70 HP (Normal) (PoisonMask: 2/2)

-- Terrain --

-- Objects --
Rock Formation B: DESTROYED
Rock Formation C: 40 HP (Further to the right, Sand)
The good news was, the odds were much more even now. The bad news was, now she had several cuts in her dress AND her sides. Which one hurt more, was hard to say...no it wasn't. Definitely the cuts that were physically part of her. "Ooh, that stings..."

"Ow. That looked like it hurt."

"Yeah, too bad I don't have any salves..." ...She didn't, but she DID have...yeah, that'd be good. It'd get her a little payback, too. "Ah, I know. Sit back and enjoy the show, ladies, because this is all me!" Anathema closed her eyes, and began to split into millions upon millions of purple particles, losing her human-like form. Almost immediately afterward, a small amount of the gas creeped around the rock, encircling the feet of the remaining Ninjoy. But instead of doing anything directly, it fell to the ground, forming a small purple puddle, from which a hand of toxic sludge came out of, and attempted to slap the ninja virus. Success would cause some of the goop to remain on the virus, giving it some steady damage.

However, the main goal was simply to provoke the virus into attacking. The witchy fog scanned the area, to figure out where it would appear as soon as possible. As soon as she noticed, part of the cloud would reform into her upper half, posed as though she were blowing a kiss. And that's technically what happened, as heart shaped shadow energy formed and shot ahead, to try and hit it, and just as importantly, regain the strength she had lost from the knife storm.

Either way, the form faded back into shapelessness, and began the final push...by simply floating over towards the Ninjoy. Notably, the PoisonMask was now leading that charge, still giving off the powder of death from earlier. It was a bit hard to tell what was that and what was the cloud for a bit, but it became clear as the latter quickly recondensed into Anathema once again. Question was, did she still face sharp, pointy danger at this point?

[Order of Turn:
0a-GMO change to PurpleFog.GMO (passive ability Transform active)
1-Dark Slime sig attack on GeninB (10, Poison(10) for next 3 actions if it hits)
2-Black Heart sig attack on GeninB (40, Life Drain, Self-Slow)
3-Get within Nova 2 range of GeninB (Movement)
(passive ability Transform inactive)
3a-GMO change to default appearance]
Using the form of her operator's original Navigator, Anathema initiated an attack by getting out a cluster of toxic purple gas, which then condensed into a poisonous purple puddle. Unfortunately for her, the puddle stopped just short of her enemy, only slightly corroding the rock that it was hiding behind. On the other hand, the virus was then enticed to attack, appearing in front of her with a flourish of its blade and spinning about in an attempt to catch her with it. Of course, being a pile of smog, this didn't have very much effect on her, and the Genin suffered the effects of the PoisonMask's attack, which was still quite active. Anathema then followed it up, reforming part of her body as she blew a kiss towards the virus and sapping it of its energy into deletion. (+10)

-- Viruses --

GeninGenin (Genin)

GeninGenin (Genin)

B: DELETED

-- Navis --
Anathema.EXE: 80 HP (Normal) (PoisonMask: 2/2)

-- Terrain --

-- Objects --
Rock Formation B: DESTROYED
Rock Formation C: 30 HP (Further to the right, Sand)

-- Battle 1, Victory!! --
Rewards: 480z (Open GMD? Y/N)
"Easy peasy!" Well, that was easy enough. Once she was solid, Anathema gathered up the remnant data, and took a moment to check it. "Hmm...nope, no chip data left behind."

"That's too bad, but don't forget that lovely Mystery Data behind the other rock!" Besides, when was money ever bad?

"But of course!" She floated over, beholding the green crystal for a bit. She raised a hand to start decoding, but hesitated for a second. What if it was one of those weird things she'd read about, that attacked you if you tried to access it? Or, maybe it was something else fancy. Eh, didn't matter. If it was, she'd just erase it from the net. If not, free stuff. Win win!

(OPENING GMD)
The Mystery Data crystal decrypted itself as Anathema raised her hand over it, revealing that the inside was filled with a cache of zenny!

[GMD: 1600z]
"Neat!" Almost as soon as she started processing the data, Anathema realized what was within...and she liked it. "Money~!"

"Really? Huh, I sorta wish it was a chip...it'd give us a nice even 10, instead of this 9 stuff. But don't get me wrong, zenny makes the world go round!..." That said, Alda couldn't get too excited, with her sister looking so sullen after that battle. "Doing all right, Rhonda?"

"Yeah...it's just, seeing Anathema turning into mist, and attacking like that...I guess the finality of SmogMan being gone hit me."

"It's okay." She reached over, and gave her a hug. "He'll always live on in us, and in Annie! I know it's cliche, but only because it's true!"

"Thanks...I'll be okay. ...So, are you going to keep going, or is that all the busting you want to do? I'm okay either way."

"Hmm...what do you think, Annie?"

"Something about that fight left a bad taste in my mouth...I wanna keep going!"

"All right, not a problem! Go on ahead!"

The witch Navi decided that she'd had enough magical travel, and decided on using a more normal method of locomotion, landing and walking along the road, in pursuit of something else she could train her magic on.

(Searching for Battle #2)
Having just found a cache of money, Anathema decided that she would continue her travels down the road. It reached its end point rather quickly, with the Navi encountering a wide flight of steps just a short walk away, leading into the actual beach area of the Beach Street network. In front of the stairs, a signpost stood tall, showing a couple of directions that one could take. Further to the front, of course, it wrote "Beach", but to the left, Anathema read "Coastal Cavern" on the sign, showing a further paved path into some grassy area. Beyond the beach, softly crashing waves could be seen along the coast. However, all wasn't peaceful and nice on the Beach network at this time, it seemed, as a Starfish appeared to hide behind the signpost, and a Fishy arrived from the left path, spotting the Navi as it flew along. It screeched loudly as this happened, causing a couple of Senbon viruses to burst up from the water further away!

-- Viruses --
SenbonSenbon (Senbon)

Area: Yoka, Beach

HP: 80
Attack Damage/Effect: 5 Aqua x 3 Attacks
Attack Description: Launches three Aquaneedles in an arc to strike targets from above.
Element: Aqua
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): AquaNeedle1, Zenny
A: 80 HP (Sea, 2 moves away)
SenbonSenbon (Senbon)

Attack Description: Launches three Aquaneedles in an arc to strike targets from above.
B: 80 HP (Sea, 2 moves away)
FishyFishy (Fishy)

Area: ACDC, Okuden Valley, Dentech, Beach, NetVegas

HP: 90
Attack Damage/Effect: 15 + Line Attack(5) + Impact + Piercing
Attack Accuracy: C
Attack Description: Flies into a group of enemies.
Element: Normal
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): DashAttack1, Zenny
Special: Omnishoes
: 90 HP (Normal, 1 move away)
StarfishStarfish (Starfish)

Attack Damage/Effect: 10 Aqua + Bubble Trap + 3 targets
Attack Accuracy: D
Attack Description: Launches three slow moving bubbles that trap the targets in a bubble prison, immobilizing them. These bubbles act as 10 HP objects, and can be shot before they make contact to pop them. Conversely, the virus can block incoming attacks with them.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): BubbleStar1, Zenny
Special: Bubble Trap: Any target hit with this virus' attack will be instantly trapped in a 10 HP Aqua Element Bubble that can only be popped from the outside. Targets trapped within these bubbles will take 100% more damage from Elec element attacks. The Bubbles will expire at the end of the turn, or when hit.
Special: This attack can hit the same target multiple times (up to 3), or attack 3 separate targets.
Special: Targets trapped in Bubbles are easier to move with Wind Effects, Knockback, and Microburst than normal.
: 60 HP (Behind Signpost, Normal)

-- Navis --
Anathema.EXE: 80 HP (Normal)

-- Terrain --
35% Normal (Pathway, with short flight of steps leading directly into Sand)
20% Grass (Flanking pathway)
25% Sea (Sea, leading out into the distance)
15% Sand (Beach)

-- Objects --
Directions Signpost: 40 HP (Normal)

-- Battle 2 Ready? Start!! --
"Ugh!" That sight...it made her cringe. "So much for walking. I'm not hoofing it down those stairs!"

"What, you're afraid of a few stairs?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about! Going down them in these heels? That's foot murder! And unfortunately, neither of us has invented a way to reverse that yet!"

"Yeah...at least you can float, though. I either have to grin and bear it, or see if anyone'll pick me up and carry me down. And most of the people that'll do that for me just do it to grab my ass!"

"...Um, yeah. You know how many people do that out of the goodness of their hearts? Not many. The rest are taking instructions from their head, and not the one with a brain in it." Speaking of head, she should use hers and read the sign that over by the stairs. "Oh, there's a sign here. Let's see. If we go straight ahead, we'll enter the beach. Wow. That is soooooo informative!"

"To be fair, you just know that if they didn't have that, someone would complain."

"Sigh, yeah...oh, and to the left, a 'Coastal Cavern'. Hmm. Wonder which one is more likely to net me some potion supplies?"

"The Coastal Cavern sounds like it's been relatively untouched. You know the beach has been messed with by tons of Navis."

"Good point. Guess we'll head over there...hmm?" Was there something behind the sign? Anathema took a peek, and noted the Starfish. However..."Oh, ewwwwwww!!!"

"What? It looks like a starfish. Actually, apparently its name is even Starfish. It just popped up on my PET screen."

"Yeah, but look at those eyes! It's like it's staring at me with tiny asses!"

"Oh man, could you even imagine that? Every time you blinked, you'd have to worry about excreting all over your face...eww, I just grossed myself out!"

"I think you just grossed us all out. Can we change the subject?"

"Okay, how about this? A Fishy just showed up, and I think it broke my eardrum with a screech, which I didn't even know Fishy could do. ...And, that in turn woke up some blowfish over in the water. That...sure was a chain of events."

"Well, fine by me. At least now we can slaughter them all for fun and prizes!"

"Very true! ...Though, can we start with the Starfish? Those eyes are really freaking me out!"

"Hmm...nah, I think we should start back, and work our way in."

"...So long as we make them all dead, I guess it doesn't matter too much. At least I've got the sign to block the view of it."

"Yep! Those Puffy look pretty far away, but I don't think either our chips, or your magic, will mind that much. So..." Let's see...unfortunately, not many of those chips were strong enough to wipe any of them out in one shot. They had enough for this group, at least, so long as her Navi had good aim. "All right, this should handle those blowfish...too bad we can't take out their livers before they disintegrate into nothing. Just imagine the poisons you could whip up with those!"

"Yeah, too bad. Maybe there's a chip that can let us get things like that?"

"Might be worth checking out later...for now, here. BattleChip, SideBamboo! Slot in!"

The witch Navi pointed ahead, just off to the side of the Puffy. Some sort of shadowy portal formed, but before there was any time to examine it, a single black spike shot out, trying to skewer the blowfish in one fell swoop. She looked it over, raising an eyebrow as she thought about it. "You know, I bet with some alterations, that'd be a really fun chip to use in the bedroom. Feeling lonely? Not anymore~!"

"Well, depending on who you're with, you could have fun even if you're not alone! ...But, we digress. Let's focus on the fight!" Hmm. Going outward in, next up would be that Fishy. The not-at-all a fish Fishy. "You know, I know I just said to focus, but what do you think a Fishy tastes like?"

"Well, fish, based on the name...though, it kinda flies around more like a bird. Maybe it's more of a chicken flavor? Or turkey? Or duck? Or turducken? ...Wow, now I'm curious. And annoyed that I won't get an answer. Something to destroy it, please!"

"I've got just the thing!" And that thing...was a giant dumbbell. "BattleChip, Shake! Slot in!"

A small, formless mass of darkness formed in Anathema's hand. She inspected it for a moment, to make sure she knew what it was for, then gently tossed it. Yet, despite that, it flew ahead quite a ways, as though it had a mind of its own. As it neared both the green virus and the not-green earth, it suddenly expanded, and turned cylindrical as it stopped before actually hitting the ground. It then slammed forward, with the concussive force needed to knock the Fishy and its unknown flavor out of the sky. "Okay, so that leaves old Assy Eyes. What's the game plan for it?"

"Something that can hit behind the sign and delete it in one blow, obviously. ...Actually, I just thought of something. Why aren't you using your mist form? The extra attack angles usually help you out a bit."

"I could, but that'd be boring. Besides, I'd deprive anyone walking by of seeing moi!"

"That's true. Anyway, that other chip, coming up! BattleChip, WoodPowder! Slot in!"

Despite the lack of mistiness, a purple fog did start to form in front of the Navi's hands. It rolled forward, spreading as it did so, to spread its poisons to those around the sign. Yet, it wasn't completely toxic; where it touched the ground, grass started to grow. But echinoderms and signs alike would find it quite withering. "You know, I recall you saying this fit Dad's theme like a glove. But somehow, I don't think giving it a dark twist really did much for it, for me..."

"Yeah...maybe we oughta look into other stuff sometime." Preferably a time where they weren't assaulted by viruses.

[Order of Turn:
1- SideBamboo1Damage: 80 + Long Attack
Description: Summons a Kilby virus to the field that stabs the enemy from the side with a long lance, then silently vanishes. Can hit up to 2 targets.
on SenbonA and SenbonB
2- Shake1Damage: 90 + Wide Attack + Break
Accuracy: C
Description: Throws a dumbbell that slides through enemy lines for two turns. Can hit up to three enemies twice, second time having a 50% chance of hitting.
Duration: Two turns
on Fishy
3- WoodPowder1Damage: 60 + Medium Grass Terrain Change + Confusion + Cone Attack
Description: Blast up to 4 enemies with a cone of miasma breath. Changes terrain to Grass and causes confusion on contact.
on Starfish]
Having grossed out both of her operators with her description of a Starfish virus's eyes, Anathema proceeded to summon a black spike from a shadowy portal, skewering one of the blowfish right out of the bat. Unfortunately, the angle at which it was fired just brushed against the second one, which managed to get its volley of attacks off into the air. Meanwhile, the Starfish that had been hiding behind the signpost in front of her blew out some huge bubbles, one of which enveloped Anathema's body in its entirety. (-10, Trap!) Undeterred, she proceeded to summon the small mass of darkness with the Shake chip, which smashed into the Fishy's face as it dashed towards her in its futile offensive attempt. Finally came the Starfish, which had Anathema summoning a mass of purple fog in front of her, melting down both the virus and the sign it was hiding behind. Still, she was pretty trapped by the bubble it had used earlier, if not for the helpful, if slightly painful needles from the blowfish all the way in the back. (-5) The bubble was popped as soon as the needles hit, freeing her from her temporary prison.

-- Viruses --
SenbonSenbon (Senbon)

SenbonSenbon (Senbon)

B: 80 HP (Sea, 2 moves away)
FishyFishy (Fishy)

Attack Description: Launches three slow moving bubbles that trap the targets in a bubble prison, immobilizing them. These bubbles act as 10 HP objects, and can be shot before they make contact to pop them. Conversely, the virus can block incoming attacks with them.
Special: Bubble Trap: Any target hit with this virus' attack will be instantly trapped in a 10 HP Aqua Element Bubble that can only be popped from the outside. Targets trapped within these bubbles will take 100% more damage from Elec element attacks. The Bubbles will expire at the end of the turn, or when hit.
Special: This attack can hit the same target multiple times (up to 3), or attack 3 separate targets.
Special: Targets trapped in Bubbles are easier to move with Wind Effects, Knockback, and Microburst than normal.

-- Navis --
Anathema.EXE: 65 HP (Normal)

-- Terrain --
25% Normal, 10% Grass (Pathway, with short flight of steps leading directly into Sand)
15% Sand (Beach)

-- Objects --
Directions Signpost: DESTROYED
For the most part, Anathema's strikes were good...the portal was a bit to the right, though, and she felt the results. "Ugh...you know, I should really give 'not standing around like a lump' a try sometimes. It'd probably extend my life span."

"Ugh, don't even kid about Navi life span right now...not when we're both here. Besides, maybe it's a blessing in disguise. There's still something you can suck the life out of!"

"And trust me, I'll suck that blowfish dry!" ...Well, that was a poorly thought out sentence on her part. Fortunately, its meaning was anything but. She brought her hand up to her face, and made a kissing motion, causing her fingers to gain a black aura. She waved it in front of herself, causing it to launch forward, and taking on a heart shape. Despite this, there was anything but love in there. It was mostly malice towards everything that had dared to take a shot at her the last couple of battles...and if it so much as touched the Puffy, it would split apart, engulf it, and leech away some of its life. A purple sphere of energy would then be sent flying back to the source of the dark energy, which she would then absorb and use to heal her various scrapes and bruises. And people were afraid of black magic. It made her feel a lot better in instances like this. So what if she literally drained the life out of something else in the process?

"Feeling better? We'll go ahead and blast it out of the water, since it can't hurt you if it doesn't exist!" BattleChip, Shotgun! Bubbler! Double slot in!"

A sphere formed in each of the witch's hands; one jet black, as was custom, but the other was a less standard blue. She first raised the black one, and let it shoot forward at her remaining target. On contact, it would create an explosion that also hit whatever was behind it...but since that amounted to air, it didn't really matter beyond the initial hit. The same applied to the blue sphere, which, once fired, became a bit clearer, as if water, or a bubble. ...Probably why it was called Bubbler. Astounding.

Regardless, so long as she didn't completely phone her aim in, that should be the end of that. ...Probably. Maybe. She really didn't need any more acupuncture.

[Order of Turn:
1-Black Heart sig attack on SenbonB (40, Life Drain, Self Slow)
2- ShotgunDamage: 50 + Spread 1
Accuracy: A
Description: A gun whose shot penetrates an enemy to hit another one directly behind it.
Trader Rank: E
on SenbonB
3- BubblerDamage: 40 + Spread 1
Accuracy: A
Description: Shoots a bubble blast whose explosion penetrates an enemy to hit another one directly behind it.
on SenbonB]
With a repertoir of long-range attacks at her disposal, Anathema first let loose a flying heart of black magic that flew towards the blowfish virus. However, the distance caused her attack to veer off course a little bit from her intended target. The virus responded by spitting out a volley of needles into the air, one of which managed to land in her shoulder. Ouch. (-5) Of course, she wasn't about to let that one go sitting down, and produced two spheres of magic, which launched forward at great speed. Both of these were a tad bit more accurate, deleting the final target on the battlefield. In addition, if Anathema were to examine the remnants of the battle, she would find a lone Fishy wing, which would easily be converted to a battlechip!

-- Viruses --
SenbonSenbon (Senbon)

SenbonSenbon (Senbon)

FishyFishy (Fishy)

-- Navis --
Anathema.EXE: 60 HP (Normal)

-- Terrain --
25% Normal, 10% Grass (Pathway, with short flight of steps leading directly into Sand)
15% Sand (Beach)

-- Battle 2, Victory!! --
Rewards: DashAttack1Damage: 90 + Impact + LineAttack(5) + Movement
Description: The user charges forward at a great speed to ram a line of enemies. Hits a maximum of 5 enemies before the momentum is lost.
Special: Direction of travel may be altered with chip, terrain, and sig use.
Battlechip, 600z
"Well, that was easy enough!" Though, she really didn't need that needle in her shoulder. Worst part was, it faded into nothingness before she could try to send it to the PET for her research. At least she could get the last laugh by accessing those juicy bits of remnant data. "Now let's see what I got!...Money, good...chip data? Score!" Let's see...it'd be funny if it was AquaNeedle, but sadly, no dice. It wasn't Aqua based, so...it had to be Fishy's. "DashAttack, it appears to be called. Sounds nice, but I don't really care for rushing into the middle of things..."

"At least it's something, right? Go ahead and send it over." ...Done. "...Can you keep going for one more battle? I know something nice I could get you, but we'd need just a little more cash for it."

"Just one more fight, you say? Sure, I guess I can manage. It'd be an easier call if my darker magic decided to ever work properly, though..."

"...Aren't you the one that said that dark magic, compared to other types of magic, was more naturally prone to disobeying the wielder?"

"I did. Hence why I said 'decided'. Got wax in your ears, Alda?"

"Just making sure, yeesh."

"Well, that cavern still sounds like the place to go. I'll head that way, if there aren't any objections."

"None here."

"Go ahead."

Once more, the witch Navi found herself with her feet off the ground, hovering to give herself a break as she moved along to her left, following the directions of the now utterly demolished sign. Hopefully no one wanted to visit that cave for a while.

(Searching for Battle #3)
Following the recently destroyed signpost's directions towards the "Coastal Cavern", it didn't take long for Anathema to notice that the paneling for the road was becoming more and more sparse, and the road was being taken over by the grass from the sides and sand from the beach. Soon, the pathway was no more, and Anathema found herself walking down into a small beach, where the cavern could clearly be seen carved into the side of a cliff near the water on her left. On the beach itself, two Mushy were gently dancing about themselves on the sparse patches of grass. They seemed to have not noticed her yet. Further to the left, from the coastal cavern's mouth, two Catack viruses could be seen treading the sand, the small viral operators that manned them chatting with the tanks' entrances open. They saw Anathema approaching, and immediately sank back into their tanks with a loud slam on the entry ports. Unfortunately, this loud slam also alerted the Mushroom viruses to her presence, and they began to focus intently on her with hostility in their eyes!

-- Viruses --
MushyMushy (Mushy)

Mushies only appear in battle if 15% or more of the terrain is Grass. Mushies can only move across Grass, Mud, and Soil terrain types. If, for any reason, none of these terrain types exist on the field, these viruses will be unable to move until the end of the turn. Mushies will then attempt to change the terrain to Grass, or flee if they cannot. Mushies move by teleporting.

Area: Okuden Valley, Dentech, Beach, Yumland, Netfrica

Attack Damage/Effect: (Teleport) then (15 Wood + Confusion + Nova2)
Attack Accuracy: A
Attack Description: Teleports close to an enemy, and releases a cloud of spores in all directions. When attacking, the space it teleports to does not have to be on Grass, but the panel it teleports from and returns to after the attack must be Grass.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): Spice1, BadSpice1, Zenny
Special: This virus may only move on Wood Element panels.
Special: When no Grass terrain exists on the field, this virus may throw a Grass Seed once as a Standard Action.
Special: If no Grass terrain exists, and this virus has already used Grass Seed, it will flee the battle.
A: 80 HP (Grass, directly ahead)
MushyMushy (Mushy)

Mushies only appear in battle if 15% or more of the terrain is Grass. Mushies can only move across Grass, Mud, and Soil terrain types. If, for any reason, none of these terrain types exist on the field, these viruses will be unable to move until the end of the turn. Mushies will then attempt to change the terrain to Grass, or flee if they cannot. Mushies move by teleporting.

Attack Description: Teleports close to an enemy, and releases a cloud of spores in all directions. When attacking, the space it teleports to does not have to be on Grass, but the panel it teleports from and returns to after the attack must be Grass.
Special: When no Grass terrain exists on the field, this virus may throw a Grass Seed once as a Standard Action.
Special: If no Grass terrain exists, and this virus has already used Grass Seed, it will flee the battle.
B: 80 HP (Grass, directly ahead)
CatackCatack (Catack)

Catacks move at a slow rate and their dodges are generally bad. They can, however, attack in any direction while moving or attempting to dodge.

Area: SciLab, Electown, Dentech, Beach, Hades Isle

HP: 120
Attack Damage/Effect: 20 Null + Panel Crack + Blast2
Attack Description: Blasts enemy with TankCannon.
Element: None.
Possible Rewards (Per Virus): TankCannon1, Zenny
Special: May Move/Dodge while attacking.
Special: Slow
A: 120 HP (Sand, moving in from the left)
CatackCatack (Catack)

Catacks move at a slow rate and their dodges are generally bad. They can, however, attack in any direction while moving or attempting to dodge.

B: 120 HP (Sand, moving in from the left)

-- Navis --
Anathema.EXE: 60 HP (Grass)

-- Terrain --
40% Grass (Random patches here and there, 20% concentrated near Anathema's area)
50% Sand (Most of the clearing area)
10% Sea (Further out)

-- Battle 3 Ready? Start!! --
The lack of regular road brought a smile to Anathema's face, though she floated once she moved on to the grass...it was one thing to walk on solid flooring in heels, but grass and dirt? Uh-uh. "Great, looks like I was right! Not too many people come by here if they didn't make a road!"

"Well, that should make it better for alchemical supplies. ...Aw, crap, Some virus stats just popped up on my PET screen!"

"Yeah...I got spotted. My bad!" A look at the clanking revealed some sturdy looking tanks, while ahead were...Mushy? "Oh man, what I wouldn't give to have one of those! Since it can make spores at will, I'd never run out of mushrooms for my potions!"

"Too bad they probably won't be all 'sure, feel free to kill me and my descendants for your experiments', because that really would be sweet."

"Well, it can't hurt to ask, can it? Hey you two, would you-" She suddenly stopped, feeling a familiar sense of darkness from the fungus viruses. "...Never mind. Yeah, I really don't think they're taking a shine to me..."

"Well, that's too bad. At least if they gave themselves up they'd get to die for a good cause. Now they'll just die!"

"I know, right? But before that..." But first, she had some artillery to leech the life out of. She turned to one of the Catack to her side, and blew it a kiss. This wasn't mere flirting, of course, as it was infused with her dark magic, taking on a jet black heart shape. If it hit, it would ravage the tank's systems, sucking out some of its health, followed by a purple orb returning from the nozzle of the cannon, hitting the witch Navi and covering her with a wave of energy, revitalizing her. But if it didn't, the heart would just sail by, and nothing would happen, aside from maybe her cursing under her breath.

"All right, go ahead and send me SideBamboo! For now, I'm going to deprive these viruses of looking at my loveliness!" Sure enough, Anathema's body faded from existing, becoming a purple cloud without any real shape to it.

"You really like that one, huh? I guess it IS pretty good...BattleChip, SideBamboo! Slot in!"

Almost immediately after receiving the chip data, a small piece of Anathema's cloud form broke off, and moved over next to the Mushy. This time, however, she allowed it to assume a form closer to its default, and the mist gained a Kilby-like shape. Any comfort the mushrooms might have gotten from the shape of a fellow Wood elemental would instantly be destroyed as it extended a not entirely corporeal piece of bamboo, in an attempt to make a vegan friendly shish kebob; it'd at least hurt like a sharpened lance, even if it didn't look the part. Regardless of success, it would fade away, only for the main cloud to regain its lost mass almost immediately.

Hmm...if she was going to survive longer, she should probably take some measures to protect herself from incoming fire. Since she was in mist form, however, it made sense to do that via getting any and all particles out of the path of incoming cannon fire, or spore explosions. Left, right, up, down, diagonal...the nice thing about being a floating formless mass was that she had her pick of directions to move in.

[Order of Turn:
1-Black Heart sig attack on CatackA (40, Life Drain, Self Slow)
1a-Transform subtype ability to PurpleFog.GMO (+1 rank to accuracy/evasion for next 3 actions)
2- SideBamboo1Damage: 80 + Long Attack
on MushyA and MushyB
3-Dodge]
Having assessed her situation, Anathema first resorted to blowing a black kiss towards one of the tank viruses. It worked rather well, as the tank crumpled inwards slightly on contact with the floating heart, restoring some health to her. (+40) She then assumed the form of her PET's previous tenant, and caused some of her cloudy form to break off towards the Mushroom viruses. They proceeded to teleport in front of her in a sudden move, but luckily her bamboo spear was there to save the day, skewering both of them into instant incapacitation. However, this opened up the tanks to open fire on her, their mounted barrels erupting with light in a double attack on her position. She managed to avoid one of the attacks, but accidentally drifted into the other's attack, undoing some of her earlier healing. (-20)

-- Viruses --
MushyMushy (Mushy)

MushyMushy (Mushy)

CatackCatack (Catack)

A: 80 HP (Sand, moving in from the left)
CatackCatack (Catack)

B: 120 HP (Sand, moving in from the left)

-- Navis --
Anathema.EXE: 80 HP (Cracked)

-- Terrain --
35% Grass (Random patches here and there, 20% concentrated near Anathema's area)
5% Cracked (Under Anathema)
10% Sea (Further out)
The force of the cannon blast managed to shock Anathema back into a single, solid form, making her shake her head from the sudden state of matter exit. "Oh, that did NOT feel good!"

"Yeah, having all your molecules suddenly reform like that, semi against your will, is probably a drag. Are you all right, Annie?"

"I'm fine, just a little shellshocked...no pun intended. Shall we go ahead and mercilessly slaughter them for making me go through that?"

"I think they kinda deserve worse than that, but if you're content with that, sure, let's do it!" ...Hmm. But what to use? Brute force was probably the way to go here, but they didn't have a whole lot of that, aside from that DashAttack that her Navi probably wouldn't be a fan of. ...Oh, wait, there was something else that worked better. "Time for some Anathema smash! BattleChip, Shake! Slot in!"

If one looked really carefully, they could see a small ball of shadow arcing in the air, from where Anathema was hovering over to the tank viruses. It was hard to tell, however, in part because she made absolutely no attempt to recognize its existence. Once it landed, it seeped into the ground, forming a small blackened hole. A hand of dark energy formed, holding what looked like a rather large mallet. It reared back, and swung with great force, enough to pull both hand and hammer forward. This may or may not have had the effect of slamming into each Catack hammer first, forcing each to suffer some serious blunt force. The darkness did go sailing past, but oddly, it neither dissipated nor went sailing beyond the horizon. Instead, it seemed to have gotten its weapon lodged in the ground somehow, and was now trying to pull it out. Maybe once it did, it could try again if needed?

For now, Anathema knew that she needed to do something. Hmm...perhaps she could get gaseous revenge? "Oh, I know just how I want to finish this! You'll know what I want as soon as you see...this!" She leaned forward, race hovering over to her remaining foes. "Heh, too bad for the little guys are in the tanks! I bet they would've gotten to see some nice cleavage!"

"Who knows? Maybe they saw anyway?" At any rate, Alda indeed knew what to do, though it would result in the viruses not being able to gawk any further. "Anyway, here's the chip you want. BattleChip, PoisonMask! Slot in!"

A large mask formed in front of the witch Navi, which she managed to keep floating in front of her with magic force; there was no way she'd be able to keep that thing off the ground with raw strength. The eyes and mouth quickly opened, expanding the protective range of the shielding slightly, and began to emit a toxic purple fog, not entirely unlike her own mist form. The nearby area quickly became covered in corrosive poison gas, capable of harming nearly anything...though, since it was attuned to her own form, Anathema simply floated, utterly unaffected by it.

[Order of Turn:
0a-Revert to default GMO
1- Shake1Damage: 90 + Wide Attack + Break
Description: Throws a dumbbell that slides through enemy lines for two turns. Can hit up to three enemies twice, second time having a 50% chance of hitting.
Duration: Two turns
on CatackA and CatackB
2-Get within Nova 2 range of Catacks (Movement)
3- PoisonMaskEffect: (2-Hit Shield) + (50 Poison + Miasma(Nova2))
Accuracy: S
Description: Summons a PoisonMask which acts as a 2-Hit Shield. While equipped, the PoisonMask will generate a cloud of poisonous Miasma in a Nova2 area around the user that damages all who draw near, but it will cease producing the Miasma if dropped. Break attacks will instantly destroy the PoisonMask.
Duration: Until destroyed or overwritten.
Special: Poison: Damage is considered Poison, and cannot be Imbued with an Element. Poison damage is dealt on a per-turn basis, and takes effect the turn after the target is struck with it. Poison can be cured with Status Cure.
Special: Miasma(mod): A method of delivering poison damage. This effect generates a damage zone, and bypasses all known forms of defense without exception. The coverage varies, and is denoted by the modifier listed in parenthesis after this effect.
Special: Status Guard: This chip blocks debuffs.
on Anathema]
Having been forcefully reverted into her original, less smoggy form, Anathema was a little less enthusiastic about getting hit again, and retaliated with overwhelming force. Forming a ball of shadow that drifted over to the Catack, the viruses had not much in the way of recognizing its lethality, and were summarily smacked with a giant dark energy mallet, deleting one of them instantly. The other was understandably rather terrified by this development, and opened fire on Anathema once again. Unfortunately, it seems that it had the jitters from seeing all of its other comrades being so quickly deleted, and its shot went wide again. Its last sight was a scary-looking mask shield that spewed out a load of corrosive gas, melting it down into junk data and deleting it.

-- Viruses --
MushyMushy (Mushy)

MushyMushy (Mushy)

CatackCatack (Catack)

CatackCatack (Catack)

-- Navis --
Anathema.EXE: 80 HP (Cracked)

-- Terrain --
35% Grass (Random patches here and there, 20% concentrated near Anathema's area)
5% Cracked (Under Anathema)
10% Sea (Further out)

-- Battle 3, Victory!! --
Rewards: 720z