Dune's Patrol Route

Lyn noticed Mira's crestfallen expression from her side of the table, but immediately diverted her eyes in response, pretending she hadn't seen anything. "So yeah, ah... the Blessers. That's a pretty tough one to swallow, ain't it? Well, we oughta just leave it to the NP like the Beach Bunny said, anyhow. Grab the zenny and let's get."

Ship stayed quiet in response, just giving Lyn an icy stare in return. "Lyn, I hope you aren't thinking of trying to slink out of here after leaving our comrades with such a poor impression of us."

"What? F*ck you, what poor impression? I'm roasting my *ss off over here, so let's go!" Lyn was quite publicly yelling at her PET and wasn't making any attempt to hide that she was boiling in her oversized coat anymore.

"I'm tired of you not being 'open about life,' and I'm not collecting anything or going anywhere until you let Mira know how you really feel! You know that not everyone finds it as cute as I do when you put on the 'tough girl' act and treat them coldly. I demand that you let Mira know that you had a good time. Or did you eat all of that food and participate in a whole mission with the two of them because you weren't having a good time and weren't enjoying their company?"

Lyn hadn't been publicly dressed down by her Navi in such an authoritative way before, and gritted her teeth, red from either anger, embarrassment, or both. "Tch!" She normally would have shouted down and out-stubborned her Navi, but she really didn't want to make any bigger or more humiliating of a scene in the cafe than she already had. "Okay, okay. Let's see..."

Still blushing, Lyn cleared her throat and faced Mira, although she still wasn't making proper eye contact. "You and Katran did a pretty okay job, even though we did most of the work. I kind of sort of enjoyed the grub, even though I'm gonna have to pull extra hours working next week to burn off these calories. I didn't want to plant my knuckles in your face 100% of the time, okay?! F*ck, having to say stuff like this..." Lyn muttered, as though she'd just given an embarrassment of praise. She was able to keep a straight-forward gaze and stern face only in the half of her statements that sounded like an insult.

Hearing Lyn's thinly-veiled praise, Ship's was put in a much better mood. "Now tell her how much you enjoyed the date, and how if she still wants to hang out, the two of you could go somewhere more quiet, like your cabin, and-"

Lyn slammed her fist on the "volume down" button and gave her Navi a death-dagger glare, feeling vigorous again now that she'd gotten the guilt of leaving a bad impression on her... "comrade..." out of the way.

"Oh, well," Ship sighed, fully aware she'd pushed her luck too far then. "Well, I hate to say it, but Lyn probably has a good point. The beach patrol can probably take care of the devices well enough without us pitching in. Also, for my part... I can't stand the idea of stepping around couples performing obscene acts on the beach. Right now I have a fond enough memory of this place, and I'm looking forward to returning here some time with a clean atmosphere, a swimsuit, and a friend." She gave another of her bright, cruise-selling smiles to Katran before accepting the money from Dune.

"Thank you for your help, Ms. Dune, and we were certainly happy to assist. Please feel free to contact us in the future if there are any further developments. After you've dealt with ConchMan, won't you please try to get some rest? I'm looking forward to seeing you in good health and humor next time we're by!" She gave Dune's hands a shake to convey her sentiments.

... Notably, she didn't address ConchMan at all. It was pretty clear that she'd started thinking of him as the arrested culprit and therefore stopped paying any attention to him as a person.

"Well, Katran, let's get back to our PETs. Oh, and if Mira's feelings are hurt, please try to let her know Lyn just isn't capable of putting together two words of praise or decency for anything that isn't a fight. I'm confident she had a good time hanging out today. I'll see you again," she said, waving as she beam-and-splashed herself off of the beach in her standard jack-out procedure.
Katran graciously accepted the reward for the job, but a look on her face clearly showed that she wasn't happy with the events outcome. While it may have been good enough to please her employer the feline felt as though her skills were lacking since the villain managed to sneak away. With a sigh she uploaded the pay and prepared to call it there.

"It's too bad we weren't able to detain them all, but at least we figured out the cause. Please Mira and myself know if you ever need our assistance again, Dune. We would be glad to help."

She turned her attention to Ship, possibly the worst time as she caught a bit of the conversation going on. At first she was a little baffled at the topic, by as it went on it couldn't help but elicits a chuckle for on the normally serious Katran. She was tempted to mention the fact that Mira was known for her over reacting and probably would have forgotten the whole event, acting like friends that next time she saw Lyn regardless. She opted to just watch on amused instead, her tail swayed back and forth happily.

Waiting for the pair to finish, Katran Cleared her throat and addressed ship. " Thank you for your assistance. I must say, I do enjoyed myself a lot more than a job would normally produce with your company. I'm sure my partner there would say the knowing her. Feel free to contact us sometime, if you wish."

"You guys were so much fun! We should get together her more often! W can play games, have some snacks, and just hang out! It'll be great!" The hyperactive operator chimed in, almost as though Lyn's words have her new life and the previous incident had never occurred. In fact it was completely gone from the girls thoughts already.

"memory of a fish, I swear... Oh well. Take care you two, it was a great day."The navi waved, before following suit and jacking out.
((Ship received 18 Katran FXP and 13 Dune FXP))
((Katran received 18 Ship FXP and 13 Dune FXP))