Yacht Under Surveillance

"Well, it's nice to be loved!" ConMan laughed, seeming grateful and amused. "It's not often I'm asked for a repeat performance, once a girl learns what I'm doing. And a key to her room? Why, that's gravy! But there's one more thing I'm uh..." he muttered, trying not to stare at what she was unwittingly revealing to him. "Uh... Right. One thing I'm not sure on," he continued, closing his eyes seriously (and decently).

"You say that you met a navi named Twin who asked you to do that... and she has a sister with the same name... who shares a room with her. Well, I did share a raunchy little moment with a girl named Twin... She was hot at the time and now she's a new sort of 'cold-hot.' Like, she wants me, but she's acting possessive, and I can't go for that. What I'm trying to get a handle on... Are there really two? Or am I just dealing with one, highly confusing, possibly bipolar Twin? Cause if I walk in there and she goes psychobitch on me... AND I have to worry about ProsperMan coming for revenge... That might be a little much for yours truly..."

Lyn remembered details of the room... Certainly it didn't seem likely it was a room for just one person.

As Lyn thought it over, ConMan dug through the data. He came upon an image file and stopped for a moment. "Alright, she talked me into it. I'll brave the danger! However... maybe you'll come along with me for a little insurance? If she goes crazy on me or I get captured, you can come get Purloin to rescue me. She's a great jewel thief, rescue shouldn't be too hard for her... although once she learns what I'm doing there she might want to leave me... but no, we're too tight to worry about things like exclusivity! Ha ha ha!" he laughed, crossing his arms over the chest of his bathrobe. "And if everything is like she's making it sound, uh... she probably won't if I come in dressed like this, huh? Hm hmhmhm..."
Lyntael bit her lip as he questioned her, folding her arms as she thought and apparently oblivious to the man's discomfort. The broken strap was still tickling her, blasted thing. She lifted one hand from where they were crossed and fiddled with it again. He wasn't wrong that something seemed out of place, definitely. Everything she'd seen at the mansion said there were two twins... except, things didn't seem to add up, between who hated whom, who loved whom. If there really were two twins, as it seemed, then the one here should be the one that hated him... but his recent dressing down certainly didn't seem like that. That had sounded more like a lover's tiff. But there was no doubt about how enamoured the 'first' Twin had been.

The hand fiddling with her broken strap had begun to tap gently with one fingertip against her emblem unconsciously. Someone was definitely fibbing about something here, she was sure of it. But what, and who? If it was just one Twin, playing both, then she was playing a very peculiar game... and if two, then which one actually wanted him... did they both want him? The possibility entered her mind that they may even both hate him, and just be gong about revenge in different ways.

She opened her mouth to answer his questioning, but ConMan had wasted no time opening the package and going through its contents. An image file, obscured from her own sight, seemed to convince him quite swiftly to risk the meeting regardless, and Lyntael's cheeks coloured again as her mind suggested some of the possibilities for what that image may have contained, given the context. Unfortunately, those thoughts were still in her mind as he proposed that she accompany him, and at once her embarrassment from before came rushing back, turning the small spots of colour in her cheeks to a raging blush that raced across the rest of her features in a flash.

"I—! With you..?" Her words stumbled and she bit her tongue to stop herself from stammering. The lady had sent him a key to her private bedroom, and a message that she would be waiting to receive him... the message of her intention couldn't be clearer, and even if she'd never been in any sort of intimate situation herself, she still knew full well what happened next. And she was supposed to arrive with him? Trying, and failing, to will the fire in her cheeks away, she collected her thoughts. "If she's waiting for you, like she says, and it's an invitation for you... It might be, uh, indecent of me to show up as well. When she gave me the message, she seemed to make a point of saying that I should count my work done once I'd seen you accept her offer."

She bit her lip, clasping her hands in front of herself now, uncertain. If it was a trap though... she couldn't just leave him to it, reputation or not. That, and it seemed like, without her back-up, he might not accept the invitation at all. She swallowed nervously and pressed the backs of her hands to her cheeks, attempting to cool them.

"But... you're right. Something does seem to be up. I'm... I'm just the messenger, here, I know. It's not my place to get involved, but... Alright." Her attempts at cooling her shyness failed all over again as she accepted. The thought of what she might be about to walk in on, and how ashamed she'd be if nothing was amiss... there was no good way out of the situation now. And he was going to go along dressed like that, in nothing but a towel. Great... Lyntael hung her head, resigned to spending the next little while in the depths of a blush she knew she had little hope of stopping.

"I'll go with you then, and I don't know whether to hope more that something is genuinely amiss, or not..." Still blushing brightly, she moved around the counter to stand closer to him. Somehow, he seemed much bigger and stronger without the furniture between them. She resolved to go through the link with her eyes shut and back turned, trap or not.

"There's a good girl!" ConMan chuckled, taking another swing of his drink before setting it upon the counter top and forgetting about it, probably to be cleaned up later by his cook. "Don't worry, I don't trick people I like! Well... hm, that's not true. I do a lot, actually. Okay, so if I DO trick you, it means I like you. Wait, no. I may or may not trick you, but either way, I like you, okay, kiddo?" he rambled, placing his hand upon her hair and ruffling it playfully. "... Still a little damp," he muttered, pulling his hand back from her hair and wiping it on a nearby handtowel.

Without even leaving the kitchen, he activated the key to open up a gate. "There we go. Let's both go through before Cheffy comes back... if she sees you, there's no way she's going to let me take you. And I do so want to take you!" he joked, snickering at his own innuendo. "Uh, but no, don't be afraid. We're just going to meet Twin, she's going to promise to give me something really nice, and then you're free to go. I'll even throw in a bonus since you're being such a good sport."

He swaggered through the portal, holding out one hand behind himself for her to grab, as though they might get lost just on the way through the gate.
Amidst the man's amiable rambling, Lyntael found herself blinking, a hint of surprise on her face. Now that she'd agreed to go, it seemed the man was far more eager to assure her that it was no trick against her, rather than being concerned about it potentially being a trap for him. That was... unexpected, to say the least, given how cautious he'd seemed before, but perhaps the message had— His sudden ruffling at her hair broke the train of thought and she grinned up at him before she'd even realised.

It was only after he removed his hand that her thoughts came back together and she shifted where she stood, moving her head away a touch. She might not be actively sparking any more, but a part of her was sure there was still a left over build-up in her hair from before, and if he had managed that without receiving any sort of static or jolt from her, he was a very lucky man indeed.

Her eyes flicked to the link as he used the key, then back to her charge. His manner with her seemed to have very definitely shifted to be treating her like a child now, and she grinned softly again to him. Normally she might have complained, but in this case, being treated as a child was far better than the alternative. At least she was safe from his leer and innuendo now. Or not, as it turned out. Her smile faltered at his remark, and she ducked her head, not quite able to take the comment as a joke, not completely. She felt a small tension relax from her body again as he moved on briskly; perhaps he'd noticed her flinch.

For a moment, she had almost forgotten what she was about to, potentially, walk into, but it came rushing back as he put out a hand to her. There was still too much heat in her cheeks, and it just wasn't going to go away, she was sure. Nothing for it though. Instead, she grinned again, this one showing far more nerves than she would have liked, then looked at her hand carefully for a moment, checking her charge. Should be safe, for now at least. With another deep breath, she accepted his offered hand with hers and followed after. Even so, she closed her eyes and kept her head down as she stepped through after him.

----------
((Returning to => Twin's Room))
((Moving back to thread in NPC homepages))