Yacht Under Surveillance

"Well, whoever your operator is, tell them that this is no way for a young lady to dress! Especially not for swimming," the cook added, seeming more preoccupied with Lyn's problems than those of ConMan. "I don't know what's going through Rogan's head, but you deserve something more modest and sensible. There's no reason a lady on the net has to dress provacatively, even if the master thief chooses to." The cook winced as Lyn slid on the panties, uncomfortable at the thought of how slipping into wet lace like that must feel. "There, there, let me help you with-"

Before they could finish up, ConMan burst into the room. He was as advertised: a tan, rugged looking guy with lengthy sideburns and hair in a great mane behind around his head. He looked a little bit old for Twin, but the sculpted features of his face and body matched the Byronesque ideal figure that Twin had described. He was dressed in a white bathrobe, tied at the waist, but she couldn't tell if he was wearing anything underneath. "Picking on girls without me, Cheffy?" he asked, smiling at Lyntael and looking unpreturbed by his argument a moment ago. He also didn't seem to care for modesty, staring at her regardless of her condition. "What's she doing dressed that way? I can get her a robe!"

"And how about yourself, huh? Is that any way to walk around?" the cook asked in a confrontational tone of voice.

"You know you like it," ConMan chuckled, moving to the fridge to grab a drink. He turned his head to look at Lyntael again. "Besides, don't worry on my account! She's a little little for me..." His eyes fell to what little he could see of her panties and a smile played across his lips. "Maybe."

Once he'd gotten his beer, the navi leaned against the refrigerator lazily. "So what brings you here? And for that matter, why are you all wet?" he asked, although now really only her clothes were dripping. "If you wanted on the ship, I could have snuck you past ProsperMan's eggheads! I would do it in a heartbeat for a pretty girl, I assure you."

"Really now! Must you?" the cook asked, frowning in disapproval despite finally managing to close Lyn's clasp.

"I must! It's a compliment, not anything dirty. Do you think she isn't pretty?" he countered, grinning at the chance to irritate the cook. "You don't mind, do you? What's your name?"
If the thought of a man seeing her so undressed had sent Lyntael into a flustered panic, the result of his sudden entrance before she was decent was far worse. Worse still, her first startled glance told her that he was almost as barely-dressed as her, if not moreso. She barely heard what he had to say upon his arrival, a small cry of unbridled terror passing her lips at the same time.

Her arms darted up to her still very much exposed torso, hunching over slightly as she desperately covered herself. It was fortunate that the chef had decided to help her with her skirt, otherwise it would simply have been abandoned in her desperation to hide her upper body. A whimper was all she managed as his eyes fell on her directly, as well as backing off a step until she bumped the counter behind her. The hot flush of embarrassment from before was a blaze of crimson by now, covering her face, neck and across her chest too, made to look deeper still by paleness of her skin elsewhere.

As much as he was probably trying to be reassuring, the feeling of his eyes on her, so casually, made Lyntael hear lecherous leer in every word, and she shrank from the man more with each reassurance and vague compliment. Unconsciously, her fingers were gripping very hard as she covered her chest, and while she knew she didn't really have very much of anything there to grip, or indeed, to hide, her own fingertips pressed in almost painfully.

He'd have sneaked her in, for a pretty girl like her, would he? His eyes on her. She didn't mind, did she? Still trembling, her eyes darted to her vest, resting on the towel and closer now to ProsperMan than to her. She wanted desperately to be dressed properly again, but loathed the thought of having to cross the room or reach out for it in front of him, let alone the exposure that would necessarily come from putting it on. Instead, she wallowed, struggling vainly to order her thoughts. The slight crack and buzz of small electrical jolts in her hair didn't help. She would not spark up now. Would not. Control.

"I... I-I'm... It's... L-Lyntael. My name... I'm..." She was no longer cold, dried off and wearing clothes that were merely damp, rather than the dripping wet they had been before she wrung them out... Her trembling, shaking limbs, and her stutter came more from her embarrassment than anything else. She swallowed again and tried to master herself. "I have... I-I need to.. to..." She forced herself to stand straight, though she still covered what little of her breasts there was to cover with hands crossed over her chest. They were still shaking. Deep breath, control. "My name is Lyntael. I've been sent, in secret, to deliver a message to ProsperMan, and only to him alone, and... a-and in, in private, i-if possible." Her forced composure faltered again over that last part, the thought of being alone with the man making her quail internally.

ConMan's smile fell as he began to think that Lyn really was outside his age range, with the combination of her behavior and hee physique, which was barely hidden despite her efforts. Before he could say anything in his defense, the chef grabbed a frying pan and started to wallop him on the head with it. "What! Come on, Cheffy, I'm not doing a thing!" he defended, raising his arms to protect his face.

"I wonder how many hooks you've wriggled free from using that line! Forgive me if I don't trust the intentions of a navi named ConMan!" the cook railed, feeling overly protective of Lyn.

"Hrgh! Darn it! Uff! Cheffy, you're a lot cuter when you're cooking with that! Nrgh!"

"And you'd be a lot cuter if I shoved this into that pretty mouth of yours so you couldn't speak!"

Finally, ConMan managed to scamper around to the other side of the table. "Time out! She's here for a mission, right? You're just messing that up if you keep her away from me! She said it was a private message for just me. No Cheffy allowed!" he explained.

"If you think I'm leaving her with you, you're very mistaken! You'll not con me like one of your bimbos or your overloaded targets!" she retort. It didn't sound like she had any intention of letting Lyn deliver themessage alone.
The wash of embarrassment and fear was stopped with an unexpected suddenness as Lyntael blinked, momentary surprise and confusion on her features instead. No longer the focus of attention, she watched the two exchange blows, or rather, ConMan receive a battering, with growing bemusement. For a wonder, the crackling in her hair calmed again, distracted from her own plight by what was taking place before her.

In between the sudden violence, she darted a quick glance at both of them, then took a step across to the counter to reclaim her vest, before stepping away again to begin pulling it on swiftly. As much as she was exposed for the few seconds slipping it on took, for once she was fairly sure that ConMan probably wouldn't look her way. The top clasp was still broken. If she'd actually had any cleavage worth calling such, it would likely have been shown off considerably. Probably a good thing that she didn't.

Dressed again, as well as she could be, Lyntael used the few remaining seconds while they fought to take several deep breaths, doing what she could to calm herself down again. The discomfort was passed now, at least. The last shouts of their exchange caught her ears and her eyes flicked between the chef and ConMan.

"Excuse me..." She cleared her throat and spoke more clearly. "Excuse me! Please don't fight, I didn't mean to cause any trouble." Eyes darting between them, she intervened on the side of her rescuer... turned protector... and closed the gap between her and the chef in a few quick steps. When she spoke, it was quietly, almost as a whisper delivered to the other woman, and low enough that ConMan probably wouldn't hear from across the counter.

"It-it's alright. Thankyou for taking care of me... I'll be ok now; I'm dressed, see?" She spared a glance down at herself, unsure whether the other woman would truly accept her outfit as 'dressed', short skirt, tiny vest and all, but pressed on in a hurried whisper. "Only, I really do have to see that he gets this privately, and for his eyes only, it's part of my contract." She bit her lip. "I'm dressed now; he can't see me or leer at me any more than if it were in public, and I won't let him lay a finger on me. I'll be alright." She stood back again, glancing hopefully between the pair, hoping too, in the back of her mind, that their shouting wasn't going to draw even more unknown factors to the party. She really did feel much better with all her clothes on. For how little fabric the garments actually comprised of, the difference in her comfort level was remarkable. The blush had all but faded from her skin by now, even, with only the slight blooms of pink in her cheeks remaining.

"Trust me, this is no fight. So long as this lout walks the net he'll cause trouble and earn himself a whipping," the cook scoffed. She still seemed more than a little skeptical about the prospect of Lyn bring able to defend herself against her co-master's perversions. "If I have to leave for you to get paid, then so be it. But whatever this man asks you to do, forget it! Deliver your message and be on your way."

ConMan was listening in, peering his bushy head over the chef's shoulder. "That's not nice! Besides, she probably has to stick around to make sure I inspect the contents, right? Most people who hire couriers want proof of full delivery."

"Then keep a safe distance when he opens it! It could very well be an explosive or a poison, with the kind of relationships he fosters," she warned Lyn, still glaring at ConMan. Finally, she lay down her pan and left the room. Although, there was a chance she wouldn't go off very far, with her demonstrated protectiveness and possible propensity for gossip...

Once she'd left, ConMan leaned on the counter, making no attempt not to stare. "Alright! Now that she's out or our hair, I must admit that a man in my profession survives by looking bold while proceeding carefully. Thus, before I accept anything, I would like to know who you are and who sent this. Just in case I'm being made a patsy for some drug smuggling scheme it something," he joked. "Which would just be karma I suppose... and a good headline. 'Famous jewel thief's lover found smuggling narcotics with intent to sell.'"
A part of her almost wished that the kindly chef had insisted on staying regardless, but she did have her instructions after all. Lyntael took another deep breath and turned her attention back to the man across from her. Her own courage was returning now, and even his eyes on her no longer felt like the piercing leer they had a short while ago. After watching the chef beat on him, added to the telling off he sounded to have been getting before that, the image began to form in her mind that he really was probably quite harmless, underneath the show. Her own naivety prevented the thought from occurring to her that he likely wouldn't have the reputation he did without the tales of his insatiable womanising being at least partially true, and she managed a soft smile for him instead; just a gentle turn of the lips that revealed most of a set of perfect white teeth for a moment.

Alone now, she quickly tried to decide how to approach his question. It was probably futile to try and regain any sort of a professional bearing, given the last few minutes... even thinking about it brought a bright flush of colour back to her face, and she fought off the urge to fan her cheeks. In the end she just ducked her head, her embarrassment at the situation entirely genuine, and clasped her hands gently behind her back as she answered.

"My name is Lyntael. Today, I'm just a courier, nothing more than that." She could feel the torn clasp on her vest tickling her skin, and quickly reached up to tuck the strap away so that it wouldn't. She hesitated as she did, biting her lip. The man seemed on edge enough without mentioning that her employer was literally someone working for ProsperMan, technically. Still, he wanted an answer, and she couldn't well fib about it.

"I was employed to deliver a message and package to you, in private and alone, and to make sure it reached your hands, and was under no circumstance intercepted or detected at all by ProsperMan's... guards. The woman who contracted me gave her name as 'Twin', sister of 'Twin', and maid servant of ProsperMan." Just in case the man might interrupt her there she rushed on quickly with a further reassurance. "She was very secretive about the request, and seemed convinced that it would be very dire if either ProsperMan, or her sister, found out what she was doing."

Without pausing, Lyntael reached down to, with alarming casualness, lift her skirt up. Her other hand reached out to the data string that still circled around the very top of her thigh, causing it to rush across to looping around her wrist again. Once it was clear, she released the skirt, letting it settle back to a more decent position immediately, apparently unaware of what she had been showing off in the last few seconds. Whether it was simply because she was now caught up in delivering her message, or because she had calmed enough for thoughts of indecency to slip right out of her head, was hard to say. Unperturbed, she made a small gesture in front of herself with both hands, as though carrying the package in its original form, and the data string slipped out into her palms, reforming into the packet as it had first been given to her, shiny red bow and all. Lyntael glanced between it and ConMan for a moment.

"I don't know a lot about these things, but she did truly seem to have fallen for you, very much. She told me that the package contained a message for you, a gift, and, em..." Here Lyntael found herself blushing again, eyes dipping down. "Uh, a key to her room." She truly didn't know much about romance, more than she'd read about, but modern media told her all she needed to know about what that sort of gift implied. "She, em, said she would be waiting to... to receive you."

Doing her best to will the blush out of her cheeks, she held the package out towards ConMan instead, and though she still had trouble meeting his eyes and her cheeks were still pink, the rest of her face was nothing but well-meaning innocence now.

"Well, it's nice to be loved!" ConMan laughed, seeming grateful and amused. "It's not often I'm asked for a repeat performance, once a girl learns what I'm doing. And a key to her room? Why, that's gravy! But there's one more thing I'm uh..." he muttered, trying not to stare at what she was unwittingly revealing to him. "Uh... Right. One thing I'm not sure on," he continued, closing his eyes seriously (and decently).

"You say that you met a navi named Twin who asked you to do that... and she has a sister with the same name... who shares a room with her. Well, I did share a raunchy little moment with a girl named Twin... She was hot at the time and now she's a new sort of 'cold-hot.' Like, she wants me, but she's acting possessive, and I can't go for that. What I'm trying to get a handle on... Are there really two? Or am I just dealing with one, highly confusing, possibly bipolar Twin? Cause if I walk in there and she goes psychobitch on me... AND I have to worry about ProsperMan coming for revenge... That might be a little much for yours truly..."

Lyn remembered details of the room... Certainly it didn't seem likely it was a room for just one person.

As Lyn thought it over, ConMan dug through the data. He came upon an image file and stopped for a moment. "Alright, she talked me into it. I'll brave the danger! However... maybe you'll come along with me for a little insurance? If she goes crazy on me or I get captured, you can come get Purloin to rescue me. She's a great jewel thief, rescue shouldn't be too hard for her... although once she learns what I'm doing there she might want to leave me... but no, we're too tight to worry about things like exclusivity! Ha ha ha!" he laughed, crossing his arms over the chest of his bathrobe. "And if everything is like she's making it sound, uh... she probably won't if I come in dressed like this, huh? Hm hmhmhm..."
Lyntael bit her lip as he questioned her, folding her arms as she thought and apparently oblivious to the man's discomfort. The broken strap was still tickling her, blasted thing. She lifted one hand from where they were crossed and fiddled with it again. He wasn't wrong that something seemed out of place, definitely. Everything she'd seen at the mansion said there were two twins... except, things didn't seem to add up, between who hated whom, who loved whom. If there really were two twins, as it seemed, then the one here should be the one that hated him... but his recent dressing down certainly didn't seem like that. That had sounded more like a lover's tiff. But there was no doubt about how enamoured the 'first' Twin had been.

The hand fiddling with her broken strap had begun to tap gently with one fingertip against her emblem unconsciously. Someone was definitely fibbing about something here, she was sure of it. But what, and who? If it was just one Twin, playing both, then she was playing a very peculiar game... and if two, then which one actually wanted him... did they both want him? The possibility entered her mind that they may even both hate him, and just be gong about revenge in different ways.

She opened her mouth to answer his questioning, but ConMan had wasted no time opening the package and going through its contents. An image file, obscured from her own sight, seemed to convince him quite swiftly to risk the meeting regardless, and Lyntael's cheeks coloured again as her mind suggested some of the possibilities for what that image may have contained, given the context. Unfortunately, those thoughts were still in her mind as he proposed that she accompany him, and at once her embarrassment from before came rushing back, turning the small spots of colour in her cheeks to a raging blush that raced across the rest of her features in a flash.

"I—! With you..?" Her words stumbled and she bit her tongue to stop herself from stammering. The lady had sent him a key to her private bedroom, and a message that she would be waiting to receive him... the message of her intention couldn't be clearer, and even if she'd never been in any sort of intimate situation herself, she still knew full well what happened next. And she was supposed to arrive with him? Trying, and failing, to will the fire in her cheeks away, she collected her thoughts. "If she's waiting for you, like she says, and it's an invitation for you... It might be, uh, indecent of me to show up as well. When she gave me the message, she seemed to make a point of saying that I should count my work done once I'd seen you accept her offer."

She bit her lip, clasping her hands in front of herself now, uncertain. If it was a trap though... she couldn't just leave him to it, reputation or not. That, and it seemed like, without her back-up, he might not accept the invitation at all. She swallowed nervously and pressed the backs of her hands to her cheeks, attempting to cool them.

"But... you're right. Something does seem to be up. I'm... I'm just the messenger, here, I know. It's not my place to get involved, but... Alright." Her attempts at cooling her shyness failed all over again as she accepted. The thought of what she might be about to walk in on, and how ashamed she'd be if nothing was amiss... there was no good way out of the situation now. And he was going to go along dressed like that, in nothing but a towel. Great... Lyntael hung her head, resigned to spending the next little while in the depths of a blush she knew she had little hope of stopping.

"I'll go with you then, and I don't know whether to hope more that something is genuinely amiss, or not..." Still blushing brightly, she moved around the counter to stand closer to him. Somehow, he seemed much bigger and stronger without the furniture between them. She resolved to go through the link with her eyes shut and back turned, trap or not.

"There's a good girl!" ConMan chuckled, taking another swing of his drink before setting it upon the counter top and forgetting about it, probably to be cleaned up later by his cook. "Don't worry, I don't trick people I like! Well... hm, that's not true. I do a lot, actually. Okay, so if I DO trick you, it means I like you. Wait, no. I may or may not trick you, but either way, I like you, okay, kiddo?" he rambled, placing his hand upon her hair and ruffling it playfully. "... Still a little damp," he muttered, pulling his hand back from her hair and wiping it on a nearby handtowel.

Without even leaving the kitchen, he activated the key to open up a gate. "There we go. Let's both go through before Cheffy comes back... if she sees you, there's no way she's going to let me take you. And I do so want to take you!" he joked, snickering at his own innuendo. "Uh, but no, don't be afraid. We're just going to meet Twin, she's going to promise to give me something really nice, and then you're free to go. I'll even throw in a bonus since you're being such a good sport."

He swaggered through the portal, holding out one hand behind himself for her to grab, as though they might get lost just on the way through the gate.
Amidst the man's amiable rambling, Lyntael found herself blinking, a hint of surprise on her face. Now that she'd agreed to go, it seemed the man was far more eager to assure her that it was no trick against her, rather than being concerned about it potentially being a trap for him. That was... unexpected, to say the least, given how cautious he'd seemed before, but perhaps the message had— His sudden ruffling at her hair broke the train of thought and she grinned up at him before she'd even realised.

It was only after he removed his hand that her thoughts came back together and she shifted where she stood, moving her head away a touch. She might not be actively sparking any more, but a part of her was sure there was still a left over build-up in her hair from before, and if he had managed that without receiving any sort of static or jolt from her, he was a very lucky man indeed.

Her eyes flicked to the link as he used the key, then back to her charge. His manner with her seemed to have very definitely shifted to be treating her like a child now, and she grinned softly again to him. Normally she might have complained, but in this case, being treated as a child was far better than the alternative. At least she was safe from his leer and innuendo now. Or not, as it turned out. Her smile faltered at his remark, and she ducked her head, not quite able to take the comment as a joke, not completely. She felt a small tension relax from her body again as he moved on briskly; perhaps he'd noticed her flinch.

For a moment, she had almost forgotten what she was about to, potentially, walk into, but it came rushing back as he put out a hand to her. There was still too much heat in her cheeks, and it just wasn't going to go away, she was sure. Nothing for it though. Instead, she grinned again, this one showing far more nerves than she would have liked, then looked at her hand carefully for a moment, checking her charge. Should be safe, for now at least. With another deep breath, she accepted his offered hand with hers and followed after. Even so, she closed her eyes and kept her head down as she stepped through after him.

----------
((Returning to => Twin's Room))
((Moving back to thread in NPC homepages))