Experimenting with a Cat

After being pounced by her crazed ally, Phero was reduced to a similarly sandy and wet state, not struggling nearly so much as she likely ought to in order to escape the feline navi's grasp. She didn't have much of a sense of danger so much as confusion. "W-Was I supposed to run? I apologize," she started, then let out a gasp of surprise as Cheshire started licking her. The pheromones inside her body caused her skin to taste unlike how human skin ought to; something fruit flavored, almost, but it was hard to put the finger on what the taste was. In reality, the chemical was sort of like sweat, but it would be gross to think of it in such terms.

"What are you trying to say?" Phero asked again, staring into her ally's eyes with anxiety and alarm. She desperately tried to make out the words, not wanting to miss any of the explanation of what could lead Cheshire to such a confusing course of action. "I-Is this because I played the game wrong?"

Dharma squinted into her PET screen, unsure of whether she was happy that her navi was in such an awkward situation or upset by the silly playfulness of it all. Her fellow researcher, Phillip, looked over her shoulders, then stared entranced into the PET. "Something on your mind, Phillip?" the president asked, turning her unamused eyes towards the researcher's face. Phillip shook his head quickly, adjusted his glasses, then moved back away from the PET.

"I'm sorry, Cheshire. I'll try to be less boring," Phero apologized again, still trying to figure out what her ally had been hoping to get across as she got back up to her feet. "It's no problem. I'm eager to keep us on a good footing, so if there's anything I can do, please let me know, Miss Operator," she responded to Iris, stopping to brush the sand from her shoulders and buttocks. She ran her fingers along the inside of the back of her swimsuit to get the sand out, then shook her head vigorously to get remnants out of her hair.

So preoccupied had she been with all of this that she barely noticed the fact that more viruses were already just in the distance. "Madam President, I'll take the FireHit and RemoteBit, if that's alright. While I work on the front, perhaps Cheshire can do something to thin the back."

"Are you just trying to show off with all of these aggressive techniques so that she won't think you're boring?"

"The thought hadn't crossed my mind. Do you think she'll find them exciting? I think she was more so referring to my lack of movement and these chips don't involve advanced maneuvers," Phero responded curiously, tilting her head slightly. With a small frown, the operator slotted through the chips wordlessly. "Thank you, Madam President."

First off, Phero populated the ground beneath her with another patch of pretty, multicolored flowers and tufts of grass, enjoying the cool feeling beneath her bare feet. "Now, I'll just put these to work as usual," she muttered to herself, following her usual battle routine and preparing the sunblock hand-plungers. Pushing her thumbs into her palms, she released two streams of goop and ignited flamethrowers simultaneously, such that two spinning fireballs went barreling towards the enemy viruses. "Goodbye, flowers..." she whispered, knowing that the vegetation would not be spared even if her attacks did not find their marks.

To finish up, she summoned back her perfume bottle, then pressed both hands down hard against the dispenser top. A cloud rose up into the sky, then began to spit down bolts of lightning upon the viruses in threatening cracks of noise and electricity. "There we go. That ought to be enough-"

"No, Phero, never," Dharma scolded her harshly, crossing both hands beneath her chin. "Did you forget why you're doing all of this? Administer the next pheromone at once."

Phero was taken back slightly by the sharpness of her operator's voice and nodded quickly, hoping to defuse the situation. Huddling into a ball behind the perfume bottle, she rested one hand on the top to steady herself and closed her eyes as she opened the pores of her body to release another plume of transparent chemical gas, which quickly swept towards her ally.

Phero
*)SetGrass beneath self
1) FireHit1 @ Tuby [60 fire melee, B accuracy + impact]
2) FireHit1 second use @ CatackA [60 fire melee, B accuracy + impact]
3) Summon RemoteBit in front of self for cover [100 HP]
*) Bug subtype Hack @ Cheshire [glitch]

RemoteBit
1) Attack SnowblowA [80 elec, B accuracy + panel break]
Iris shook out her hair, watching Phero carefully as she brushed herself off and started off after Cheshire. The girl seemed terribly unconcerned for someone who'd just been held down and licked like that. Was that just duty? She'd seen aides who would do anything for their superiors... Phero was about as non-threatening as she'd seen, but she still knew very little about the woman pulling her strings. She fanned the chips out over the desk, trying to banish this apprehension from her mind and just trust that Cheshire knew what she was doing.

Of course, that was a little difficult when the navi in question was acting so strangely. Cheshire's eyes darted back and forth restlessly between the hapless creatures lined up on the beach, so distracted that she hardly noticed when Phero caught up.

"Whoah!" The girl leapt with surprise, nearly tumbling backwards and only catching herself at the last second. The wrappings on her arm bristled aggressively but her face bore a bright grin. "Eehahahaa! That's more like it!" She seated herself on the sand cross-legged, seeming to have forgotten completely about the viruses for now. "I totally knew you were there, by the way," she lied with a cocky nod. "That was just a demonstration! If you wanna be awesome, less apologizing and more sneaking up on people! Try pouncing on me sometime, if you're really up for a challenge... Oh!" Glancing off to the side, she leapt back to her feet as if seeing the viruses for the first time.

"These things..." She puffed out her cheeks in exasperation. "What're they doing!? Why're they doing it!?" She started forward in a run, seeming focused for the first time in a little while -- well, up until she caught her foot on a drift and collapsed facefirst in a plume of sand.

"R-right... Phero, I'll leave the guys out front to you! I'll handle those cool jumpy things at the back there!" She had scarcely found her feet again before she was off, caked with sand and grinning like a madwoman. "Hey! You! Heads up!"

In a blink, she was gone, a roaring draft of fire moving on along her former path. It made for the official-looking Tuby and a couple of his cohorts in a somewhat wobbly line, lashing out hungrily for something to consume besides bare sand.

The girl herself had moved with blinding speed to the statue which so resembled a virus she'd killed not twenty minutes ago, reaching out to rake the fragile-looking sculpture of wet sand with her claws as she passed. Suddenly, she crouched on her hands and the balls of her feet, watching its diminutive sculptor intensely, waiting for it to make some kind of move.

It wasn't long, though, before she got bored and decided to jump anyway. With a shake of her hips she sprang forward, flames suddenly wreathing her hands and feet. Whatever she managed to catch with that pounce, she didn't stay around to check; she set off, running bizarrely on all fours, her entire body now surrounded with flames. This burning tiger leapt at the second artisan without too much warning, raising a fountain of sand and smoke on impact.

░▒▓█▐└┬╢ACTIONS╟┬┘▌█▓▒░
    High Gear - 10% Evasion Bonus!
    Afterburner - Five actions this turn! Three actions next turn!
    Off-Target - Accuracy reduced by one rank!

Tick - Take Aim
    [li]FireBurn1 - Tuby, also trying to hit CatackA and SnowBlowA [50 | Line | [color=#E62020]A[/color]]
    [li]Charging...
    [li]Soft Shock - Teleport behind StatueA
    StatueA [50 | Break]
    [li]FireHit1 - GeninA [60 Fire | Impact | Double | [b]B[/b]]
    Tick - Move to GeninB
  • FireHit1 - GeninB [60 Fire | Impact | [b]Double[/b] | B]
    Little Shadow - Self [Heal 15]
[The accuracy ranks in the summary reflect their new reduced values.]
Going on a more "exciting" front, Phero led the attack by transforming a large portion of the sandy beaches into a flowery field, and launching some fireballs at the enemies in front. Her attacks were successful, and deleted two of them easily. Cheshire also assisted with more flames, bringing down two more viruses situated in line with the sand sculpture of the Raingear.

Phero summoned up a RemoteBit cloud to protect herself, as well as attack. However, it did little more than crackle off in a random direction, which was quite unfortunate. Cheshire had much more success with her attacks, wiping out the Genin easily with yet more fire. The Snowblows began to inhale with all their might, trying to suck in Phero towards them. However, she was spared from the effect with her RemoteBit summon blocking the way.

Afterwards, Phero released more chemicals towards Cheshire, triggering yet more reactions within the Navi. Cheshire's face turned flush red, and her thoughts began to focus on being extremely attracted to... the fuzzy virus thing? Oh, my, that tank looked positively ravishing. Wow. So strong and totally attractive.

-- ENEMIES --
Tuby: DELETED
Catack A: DELETED
Catack B: 120 HP [in front of everything] [grass]
SnowBlow A: DELETED
SnowBlow B: 100 HP [in front of Statue B] [grass]
SnowBlow C: 100 HP [in front of Statue C] [grass]
Genin A: DELETED
Genin B: DELETED
Genin C: DELETED

-- OBJECTS --
Head Sand Statue A: how does it feel to be clawed right in the face, ha ha
Head Sand Statue B: 20 HP
Head Sand Statue C: 20 HP

RemoteBit1: 100 HP

-- ALLIES --
Cheshire.EXE: 160 HP [Sand] (Afterburner! -1 action) (Glitch: Infatuation (Viral) - 1 turn)
Phero.EXE: 100 HP [Grass] (Drawn towards Snowblows, blocked by RemoteBit)

(Infatuation (Viral): Counter-Activated Attribute: Forces one action to be spent on one non-buster damaging attack. Trigger: Any entity that successfully damages a virus and/or deletes it.)

-- TERRAIN --
25% Sand (Sandstorm! -1 Rank Accuracy/Dodge - 3 turns)
5% Broken
30% Grass
20% Soil
20% Sea (A little behind statues)
((Mawk's tossing me a sword in the next post))

Despite what Phero's partner had said, the navi found herself very glad that she had not decided to move out from behind her perfume bottle and pounce any of the viruses. If she had, she would have been pulled towards the snowblows. What do Snowblows do once they get you close towards their mouths? She didn't know, but she also didn't particularly want to find out... On the other hand, Cheshire was sort of looking like she wouldn't at all mind getting close up and personal with a virus.

"Phero, your little showing was impressive, but at the same time, we're already running low on aggressive options. You're going to have to rely on Cheshire for a lot," Dharma sighed, thumbing through her small chip folder. Damn if she was pooling project funding into anything as silly as a chip library for her navi.

"True..." Phero murmured, watching Cheshire. Just when she thought that her ally was far too interested in viruses to give her another look, Cheshire tossed her a WoodSword, quite handy for Phero's purposes. "Ah! Thank you, Cheshire," she responded. To use it, however, she would have to leave her comfort zone behind the perfume bottle and enter the crowd of viruses. Frantically, she ran out from behind cover and into the enemy lines. "Hnn," she murmured to herself, realizing that in her hustle to move, she'd forgotten to clench whatever muscles they were that kept her pheromones in check. Another batch flowed outward and towards her ally.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you I'd loaded that," Dharma laughed, watching Phero's expression of embarrassment. "Whoopsie!"

Ignoring her operator's taunts, Phero charged through the remaining three viruses, slashing first at the Catack as she ran by. As she moved forward, another bolt of electricity shot down, cracking in general vicinity of the tank. With the bolts crackling behind her, she proceeded to the Snowblow group and then stopped, bracing her feet as well as she could in the grass in order to resist their pull. She drew the sword across the span of their giant faces, hoping to cut them apart and end the suction.

Phero
*)Grab WoodSword transferred by Cheshire
1) BambooSword @ CatackB [Boosted 90 wood + slashing]
2) BambooSword @ SnowBlow group [Boosted 85 wood + slashing + wide attack]
3) BambooSword @ SnowBlow group [Boosted 85 wood + slashing + wide attack]

RemoteBit
1) Attack CatackB [80 elec, B accuracy + panel break]
"Ugh. Pfeh!" Cheshire pulled herself out of the sandpit she'd dug for herself accidentally, trying futilely to get the taste of sand out of her mouth. She still wasn't quite used to the clouds of perfume her partner kept blowing at her, but at least it was something else to breathe besides just sand. She shivered; all of a sudden she was feeling a bit weird. Flushed, sort of. Not like it was any surprise, given that she'd just sprinted through five viruses and a statue, but...

Well, whatever. She still had some stuff to take care of before she could worry about herself. With her right hand she took grip of her left wrist and pulled, the silk quickly reshaping itself into the wrapped grip of a thin, straight sword glowing a vivid green. Shaking the sand off of herself the best she could, she stepped past the statues and levelled her eyes at the metal tank out front... Er.

"H-hey, Sister? I just thought of something..." There was no mistaking the deep red blush tinting her face.

"Does something seem strange?" Iris answered, inwardly hoping that this new batch of chemicals hadn't done what she thought she'd done. She'd already sent the chip data, after all.

"Sort of... Th-these viruses just go around naked all the time. Can they do that!?" She crept closer,, concern and genuine interest fighting in her expression.

"Sister... That's a tank. It's made of metal." She pursed her lips. Well, here we go... Just try not to kill your partner.

Cheshire continued, mostly unmoved by Iris' argument. "I know! That's what makes it so weird!" A grin crept across her face, banishing confusion and doubt. She sent her sword sailing through the air toward Phero, spinning end over end until finally burying its blade in the sand at the girl's feet. "Phero, you can use this! I'm gonna take a closer look... Hmmhmhm!" With that last unsettling chuckle, she started unarmed across the sand toward the sleek metal shape that had captured her interests.

"So, what's your story?" she purred, easily vaulting up in an attempt to climb onto the tank for a... discussion with its pilot. "What're you doing, just driving around like that? You trying to distract someone? Trying to get someone like me too worked up to fight you?" She leaned in close, her eyes narrowed in an intimate smile. "Well... It worked. So what's your plan now, huh?" She shifted her position, chewing softly on her lip as the cold metal slid against her skin.

Of course, this wasn't exactly the Catack's dream come true. Addled by Phero's chemicals and utterly captivated by the 'sexy' tank virus, her inner focus had started to slip. The incomplete pattern that covered her skin began to glow a vivid red, as if trying to vent something. This light was far from harmless, however; anyone caught in its glow would feel their core programs being tampered with as the corruption at the preoccupied Cheshire's core exposed itself.

Something happened to jolt her out of this 'romantic' moment quickly enough -- and thankfully, before she had much of an opportunity to embarrass herself even further."Phero! What're you doing!?" She fixed her partner with a glare, puffing her cheeks out with exasperation. "You jealous or something? I can take care of you later, but there's no use in being so rude!" She held her hand up, three clear balls materializing above her palm. "Sorry, but I can't let you kill these guys... Not just yet." She cast ehr arm forward, scattering the bubbles and sending them toward her partner in a meandering, torturously slow path.

░▒▓█▐└┬╢ACTIONS╟┬┘▌█▓▒░
    [li]Toss BambooSword to Phero
    Tick - Approach CatackB
    [li]Phenomena - CatackB, anything else in range [Glitch 2 | Nova 2 | 2TCD]
  • BubbleStar1 - Phero [20 x 3 Aqua | Bubble Trap | D]
Phenomena - [USED]
Cheshire threw her sword off to the side to become rather strangely attracted to the viruses, while Phero picked it up and delivered some nice slices all around. Her RemoteBit cloud was kind of terrible at aiming and missed another shot, but her sword swipes were okay. Meanwhile, Cheshire got up close and personal with a Catack, making the SnowBlow a bit jealous, firing a swooping tornado at her. (5) Her embrace was far from innocent, too, as a spherical area of corruption enveloped the viruses as well as Phero. However, it did not hamper them one bit, but enhanced them! Some bubbles flew over to Phero, as per her partner's "retaliation" against her attacks. One encased her entirely, causing her to be unable to act! (20) The grass beneath her feet mitigated the damage a bit, though. (+15)

The Catack was a bit gloating about his "victory" over Cheshire, though, giving a bit of unmentionably colorful taunts to the SnowBlow, causing it to be even more enraged. Phero didn't help the situation much, as her pheromones caused Cheshire's language faculties to be affected by the smack talk! Besides that, the Navi's healing processes let the earlier Snowblow's tornado be little more than an afterthought. (+5)

-- ENEMIES --
Catack B: 40 HP [in front of everything] [grass] (Glitch: Higher Existence/Smacktalk - 1 turn)
SnowBlow B: 20 HP [in front of Statue B] [grass] (Glitch: Higher Existence/Slow - 1 turn)
SnowBlow C: DELETED

-- OBJECTS --

-- ALLIES --
Cheshire.EXE: 160 HP [Sand] (Glitch: Smacktalk - 1 turn)
Phero.EXE: 95 HP [Grass] (Bubble Trap) (Glitch: Powerthirst/Anti-Smacktalk - 1 turn)

(Higher Existence: +20 to all attacks, very shiny)
(Smacktalk: Foul mouth, treat with soap)
(Powerthirst: Screaming really loudly provides free Status Cure once per turn, capability of bearing four hundred babies)
(Anti-Smacktalk: Ability to generate soap bubbles that heal for 15 once per turn)

-- TERRAIN --
25% Sand (Sandstorm! -1 Rank Accuracy/Dodge - 2 turns)
10% Broken
25% Grass
20% Soil
With little warning, Phero found herself trapped by her own partner, enclosed by the transparent walls of a seemingly liquid bubble. Of course, it turned out that the bubbled was made of something stronger than soap water; a few test punches revealed that the bubble wouldn't yield as easily as one would expect. Really, though, it hadn't hurt much, and the worst thing to Phero was the annoyance of seeing her ally forsake her for a Catank. "I don't understand what's making her so interested," Phero murmured to herself, inspecting the newly shiny virus from afar.

"I'll tell you what: that last batch of perfume. Could be something to keep in mind! I must say, it seems like we're on the right track," Dharma chuckled, seeming pleased despite her navi's condition.

"This hardly feels like the right track," Phero sighed, upset about her own condition. "Madam President! Can't you tell me what to do in order to win Cheshire's interest back? It doesn't seem like she's wanted... to be friends since we finished our last virus encounter."

Dharma screwed up her eyebrows, smiling incredulously. "Me? I don't know anything about that. I've never really needed to try at it; charisma comes naturally to us geniuses," the operator boasted, adjusting her tie in a stately fashion.

"Then have you ever had a... good friend, like Cheshire?"

"Geniuses also don't need good friends," the president snapped back, growing somewhat irritated. "Maybe you do, since you're so stupid."

"How can that be?" Phero asked, becoming somewhat agitated herself. "So all of your ambitions and all of this, after you accomplish them, who are you going to share that with? Friends are the only nice thing I've ever had since I was born! Who would be the stupid one if you conquered the whole world and then realized that you wanted a friend to share it with?!"

"It's really not even worth talking to you. Clearly you've been glitched as well, or else you wouldn't consider being disobedient, let alone implying that I could have ever improperly mapped out my life's goals," the president concluded, turning her eyes away in a pointed, intentionally indifferent way.

"If you don't teach me how to do this, who is going to?! You're supposed to be my operator!" Phero complained; the bubble blocked out sound, so that Iris and her navi couldn't hear, but they could clearly see her throwing a tantrum inside. "You're just like me! Somewhere along the line, somebody who was supposed to take care of you forgot to teach you anything! The difference between us, though, is that at least I'm trying to learn!"

"Geniuses don't need to learn!" Dharma snapped back, dropping her show of nonchalance.

"Okay, well I'm not a genius, like you said! I do need to learn! And how can I do that if I have an operator who refuses to teach me anything... beyond that, refuses to learn anything herself?!" the navi responded angrily.

"You have been programmed with everything you need to know! I am done talking about this," Dharma cut her off, slotting through a rageclaw. "That's all you get; never say I haven't given you anything."

Whatever Phero screamed next wasn't understood by anyone, but whatever it was, it was loud enough to burst the bubble surrounding her with a comically tiny pop. Abruptly, she fell forward on her face into the sand. Being out of captivity cheered her up a bit and the fall helped to bring her back into the ordinary routine of virus busting. To cap it all off, she gave a cutesy, tiny burp, releasing a few soap bubbles. "Cheshire wants to see me do something exciting... pouncing! That's what she said. Alright then, that's what I'll do," she reasoned.

Equipping the rageclaw, Phero moved in towards the Catack, reaching out for it with both hands. A large, fuzzy claw encased one of the hands as she approached. "Look out, Cheshire! I'm going to take care of them," she warned her ally, making a grab for the virus. If she got a good hold on it, she was going to throw it into the Snowblow; she wasn't angry at it, but business was business. Pouncing forward in that same direction she gave another swipe of her claw, just in case her projectile hadn't managed to read her mood.

Another lightning bolt shot down towards the Snowblow, just for good measure. Dharma was still so irritable and preoccupied about their argument that she forgot to load any chemicals at all. Once she was through, Phero backed up a bit to observe her handiwork (and also avoid a lightning strike).

Phero
*) Anti-Smacktalk [Heal self 15]
1) RageClaw1 @ CatackB, into SnowBlowA [20 + 20 melee damage, B accuracy + impact]
2) RageClaw1 @ CatackB [40 melee damage, B accuracy + slashing]
3) Dodge

RemoteBit
1) Attack SnowBlowA [80 elec, B accuracy + panel break]
"Aah! Phero!" The projectiles had hardly left her grasp before the sight of her partner engulfed by one of her own weapons jolted her out of her altered state. She slowly turned back to face the Catack, the shock on her face melting into rage -- as much at her own betrayal as the stupid grin on the diminutive pilot's face. And was he... glowing? She desperately hoped that was a glitch and not her... attentions.

"What're you smiling at, asshole? You think you're some kind of fucking Casanova just because of a dumb mistake!?" The field of flowers down on the ground rippled softly despite the lack of wind. She leaned in closer. Hovering inches from its face, straddling the cannon with her legs, the gesture could have been mistaken for something else entirely -- that is, if you could ignore the pure menace on her face. The pilot didn't really have that luxury.

Cheshire, meanwhile, just felt her anger building and building. Where she might have once been content to cut things short and just kill the virus, something made her feel like there was more to say. She didn't once stop to think it might have been Phero's doing. "Asshole! Tryin' to fucking kill us, and then just sitting there with that shit-eating grin like this was your plan all along!" She drew in yet closer, her voice quieting to a malicious growl. "I'm Cheshire. You know what I do? I hunt. I kill viruses, and I eat 'em. I hope you got your thrills from that little dance, because it sure as hell wasn't meant for you."

She vaulted off of the cannon and out of her rather compromising pose, landing easily amid the flowers her friend had conjured up. She traced a rough circle with her foot and dropped into a sudden crouch, striking the ground with her palm in its centre. The flowers shuddered, releasing clouds of glowing red motes. Meanwhile, the ground beneath Cheshire cracked and rose, dirt ans flowers falling away to reveal an odd pillar of some dark stone capped by a glowing gem. Cheshire kept her balance atop it, grinning savagely.

"Alright, shitheads! Time to -- uh?" Out of the corner of her eye she saw Phero streaking toward the surviving viruses, sporting a set of decidedly lethal-looking (if admittedly a little cutesy) claws. She blinked. The girl had freed herself from that bubble, shaken herself off, and... then made for those bastards with something sharp in hand. She watched as she closed the distance between them, her claws flashing as she leapt between the survivors.

"Sister... Don't tell me you're about to fall for that tank again. Especially not after such a lovely speech."

"H-huh?" She glanced about herself incredulously. She certainly didn't feel like... "What the fuck are you talking about?"

"Oh, is that not it? You're blushing, Sister."

Cheshire waved away the accusation, self-consciously bringing one hand to her deeply flushed face and feeling the heat rising in her cheeks. "You're... seeing things. You're crazy." She cast her hand up into the air, an orb of energy beginning to gather at her fingertips. "You can feel free to be fucking crazy, but me? I gotta keep Phero's back." As the orb grew, she levelled her arm at the viruses and struck out at it with her palm, sending a beam of searing heat out across the battlefield, miniature novas of fire bursting over whatever the focused fusion of two chips came into contact with.

░▒▓█▐└┬╢ACTIONS╟┬┘▌█▓▒░
    [li]Spice1 - All Grass [80 Wood | Confuse | Ground | A]
    [li]Meteor9 {100 HP | Anchored | Fire | 3 Turns}
    Random targets [30 x 9 Fire | D]
    [li]FireBurn1 - CatackB, SnowBlowB [50 Fire | Line | A]
  • HeatShot - CatackB, SnowBlowB [40 Fire | Spread | A]
Both Phero and Cheshire got all up in everything with both their mouths and their attacks. Their collective rage deleted the viruses and rained some money on them or something. Everything turned out okay!

-- ENEMIES --
Catack B: DELETED
SnowBlow B: DELETED
SnowBlow C: DELETED

-- OBJECTS --

-- ALLIES --
Cheshire.EXE: 160 HP [Sand]
Phero.EXE: 100 HP [Grass]

-- TERRAIN --
25% Sand (Sandstorm! -1 Rank Accuracy/Dodge - 1 turns)
10% Broken
25% Grass
20% Soil

-- TEAM BATTLE 03, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

Cheshire: [MoonBlade1] Battlechip, 840z, 6 FXP
Phero: [TankCannon1] Battlechip, 840z, 6 FXP
Despite all of Phero's anger earlier, it seemed like the battle had actually turned out fine. Nothing had really gone wrong at all... in fact, she felt better than she had a few minutes ago. All of it together made her feel a little bit silly for not having something tangible to direct her pent up fury towards. Of course, there was always Dharma, but fussing with her operator any more would be pretty unsightly in front of her new friend. If only there was a way that she could let Cheshire or any of her other new friends know about what a terrible person her operator was, she felt like it might take some of the edge off...

With nowhere left to vent her rage, Phero kicked some sand childishly and pouted. "Well, we're done, I think," she addressed her partner, as if the grains she'd just scattered to the wind represented some final enemy of the two. "Did you get anything good? My chip seems rather powerful. My operator thinks me getting chips is a waste of time, but-" she mentioned passive-aggressively, before her operator cut her off again.

"Phero, I don't know where you're going with this new attitude, but if you ever want to use that chip, you'd better shut it," the president warned her navi. "And never forget that I can unmake you, if that's what it takes."

Nodding, although somehow not taking the threat nearly as hard as she ordinarily would have, Phero dropped the subject. "What did you think of my pounce? I'm not that good at it yet... Maybe it's more suited to navis with tentacles? I don't have any tentacles, for whatever reason," she mused, still trying to put together why she was the only navi she'd ever met with no tendrils of any kind.
Cheshire leapt down off the short pillar, glancing over the pitted, smoking remains of the battlefield with an approving nod. Spotting Phero, the navi broke into a run. "Phero, that was awesome!" She leapt forward with both arms outstretched, catching her partner in a tight hug. "I knew you had something like that in you," she purred, taking a second to stare into the girl's eyes.

"A waste? Your op's crazy." She released Phero with a bright smile, her hands nonchalantly folded behind her head. "Get strong enough, and who knows what we can take down together?" She hadn't actually expected the girl to dive into the battle like that. It seemed as if she'd spent most of their battles together hiding behind something or attacking from afar, but... if she could pounce like that, then Cheshire was looking forward to seeing what she'd be capable of with some more experience.

Cheshire leaned in, taking both Phero's hands in hers. "Come on, give yourself some credit! It was your first time, right? You don't need..." She tilted her head to one side, looking deep in thought for a moment. "Tentacles? I guess? This weird arm is -- Well, it's a long story." She dropped Phero's hands, giving the girl a cheerful shrug. "That thing you did. It was very... exciting. That's what you were going for, wasn't it? Anyway, let's go!"

She started off along the shoreline again -- or, at least, she took a couple steps before suddenly stopping. "Oh! Right!" She jogged back, a small slip of paper appearing in her left hand. "I'm sorry about that bubble thing... You said you haven't really had an opportunity to relax in water yet, right?" Grinning broadly, she thrust the business card forward. "Well, it just so happens that my sister an I are VIPs at a bathhouse here in Beach Street! Tell them I sent you and... well, I'm sure they'll give you some kind of deal. I'll talk to 'em."

She began crossing the beach as she talked, eager to find her next quarry. "If you like, I can take you there once we're done hunting for the day. The full tour, hm?"

[BATTLE FOUR, READY! 160 HP!]
With all of that settled and done behind them, though maybe a little less so on Phero's front, the two went about some more on the beachside. They came across an odd mishmash of viruses. Some SnakeArm worms dove about in the sands, near which some Shellgeeks absorbed some rays. Elmperor lamps fired off magical flares into the air, which some Nautilus viruses quite happily oversaw. One of the flares went off-course, whirling about to nearly smack into Phero. This had the obvious effect of drawing all of the viruses' attention to her and Cheshire.

-- ENEMIES --
SnakeArm A: 130 HP [Sand]
SnakeArm B: 130 HP [Sand]
Shellgeek A: 100 HP [IronBody] [Grass]
Shellgeek B: 100 HP [IronBody] [Grass]
Shellgeek C: 100 HP [IronBody] [Grass]
Elmperor A: 100 HP [Lava]
Elmperor B: 100 HP [Lava]
Elmperor C: 100 HP [Lava]
Nautilus A: 60 HP [10 HP BubbleWrap] [Sea]
Nautilus B: 60 HP [10 HP BubbleWrap] [Sea]
Nautilus C: 60 HP [10 HP BubbleWrap] [Sea]

-- ALLIES --
Cheshire.EXE: 160 HP [Sand]
Phero.EXE: 100 HP [Grass]

-- TERRAIN --
15% Lava (patches near sea)
40% Sand (main bulk of area)
20% Grass (scattered about)
25% Sea (to the right)

-- TEAM BATTLE 04, READY? START!! --
Phero was at first delighted to get another hug (hugs were something she'd really come to enjoy), and then doubly delighted to get a bathhouse ticket. With testing chemicals being her purpose since creation, it was like getting a much-needed vacation from a terrible, full-time job. All of these factors came together to significantly brighten her mood, causing her to forget why she was angry in the first place. "That sounds wonderful! I'd love to go," she sighed happily, hoping that her operator would approve. She was starting to regret talking back to her...

Speaking of Phero's full-time job, there was a tremendous pile of viruses just waiting to be experimented on or done away with by a test subject. Really though, that was a ton of viruses... wasn't this about as many as she'd seen with VenusMan that one time? And weren't these ones a little scarier looking than those too? "Er, Cheshire, perhaps we ought to take our leave," she murmured, starting to back away.

"Nonsense! Cheshire's proven herself a lot more capable a subject than those other stooges," Dharma snapped, giving Cheshire a vote of confidence while simultaneously grouping her as a stooge. "With her around, you can easily get through these and then get some of those chips you like so much. You, on the other hand, are far too weak to fight these effectively. Hide behind this and don't move out."

Nodding, Phero admitted to Dharma and herself that there was really no way for her to be useful against such advanced viruses. Instead, she would focus on supporting Cheshire (and glitching her; if she wanted a bathhouse trip later, further upsetting her moody operator would be a terrible idea). "Sorry, I've got to play it safe," she apologized, bringing out her giant perfume bottle again and huddling behind it. Of course, this wasn't too different from how she'd been starting her other battles in the first place...

She gave the giant plunger as quick a push as she could, then hid her body as far behind the bottle as she could once the thundercloud took off. In seclusion, she imagined a lot of fun she'd like to have in a bath with Cheshire, which to anyone looking into her dream bubble would think was pretty erotic, given that it involved a lot of hugging and licking as well. These were ways that Cheshire had shown her affection before and she'd started to assume they were just general niceties. Thus smiling and occupied, she allowed the pheromones to slip easily from her body and take their course towards her ally.

Of course, if anyone came back there for her, she'd be sure to get out of the way. She wasn't that far absorbed.

1) Summon RemoteBit [100 HP]
2) Compound A0016 @ Cheshire [20 HP barrier + glitch]
3) Dodge

RemoteBit
1) Attack NautilusA [80 elec, B accuracy + panel break]
"Great! I know you'll like it there... There's really nothing like taking a long bath after a day running around like this." She sealed the plan with a quick bob of her head, her face shining with an eager smile. Her own take was perhaps, for the most part, a bit tamer than Phero's -- They had both gotten rather sandy as a casualty of their journey so far, and as a consequence of Cheshire's own actions. Besides, she found herself growing quite fond of the girl. She'd made things far more interesting than Cheshire had expected, so she figured she owed it to Phero to help her relax a little.

While her intentions were pure enough, though, she couldn't quite keep her mind from wandering to less innocent places. She felt her face growing warmer as her thoughts turned to the look in Phero's eyes back in Scilab Net, and the sweet taste still lingering on her tongue. Thankfully, she wouldn't have to entertain these thoughts for the time being -- while Phero seemed less than confident in their chances with this big group, Cheshire didn't consider them to be much more than a good distraction. She sprinted forward to meet them, already busying her mind with more lethal plans.

"Ha ha ha! Leaving all the fun to me?" Cheshire glimpsed the hiding Phero from the corner of her eye, her voice gentle but teasing. "Fine by me! These're barely a..." She paused, drawing a sharp breath as the thick pheromones washed over her. A familiar floral scent filled her senses, the taste and texture of Phero's skin rushing back to the forefront of her mind. This time, though, it had another kind of thirst to contend with. With prey this close, she could easily ignore nearly anything else.

She extended her left arm slowly, a head-sized water balloon appearing in her open palm. She gently tossed the nonthreatening-looking orb to herself one-handed, eyeing the lava-bathers as she drew near in a slow sashay. "Hah!" A wicked slash of a smile flickered over her face for a mere instant before she threw it to the ground, a torrent of water bursting from the ruptured balloon and covering the area in thick drifts of steam. "Hyah!" Something sharp flashed through the air. The curtain of steam was parted; a clear, jagged trail of empty air bisected it at arm level.

The cloud of steam had scarcely repaired itself when Cheshire burst out in a mighty leap, leaving the vapour trailing in her wake. Phero's shielding pink mist followed her more stubbornly, still flooding her mind with that intoxicating scent, but for the time being she was having too much fun to notice. She touched down in sand, the impact dusting her once again with fine white granules. The girl twisted her lips in a sneer; she was getting a little fed up with sand. Something would have to be done.

It was simple enough. The stamp of a foot, and thick dark grass spread across the desert terrain. But... grass was boring. Why not try for something else? She crouched low, planting her silk arm on the newly-fertile soil, feeling her mind expand to contain the ground beneath. Ever-so-slowly, new buds began to poke up out of the ground. Tiny leaves unfurled and twitched. With a rustle of quaking leaves and stems, these new flowers raised themselves up as high as they could, throwing open their buds --

-- and exploding disastrously, sending the fragments of petals and a noxious pollen into the air.

"Damnit," Cheshire groaned, hanging her head at this abject failure. Phero'd made the whole business of making flowers look so easy...

The ground rumbled faintly, heralding a carved wooden head pushing itself out of the ground beneath Cheshire's seat. She rode it to its full height, crossing her legs before her and staring balefully down at the spoiled fields.

"... Burn 'em. I'll start over again later."

░▒▓█▐└┬╢ACTIONS╟┬┘▌█▓▒░
    [li]WideShot1 - ElemperorA, ElemperorB, ElemperorC [60 Aqua | Wide | A]
    Tick - Take Aim
    [li]MoonBlade1 - ElemperorA, ElemperorB, ElemperorC [90 | Slashing | Spin | B]
    Tick - Move near SnakeArm group
    SetGrass - SnakeArms + surrounding area
    [li]Spice1 - All Grass [80 | Confuse | Ground | A]
  • Totem1 - Near SnakeArm group (and beneath Cheshire) {100HP | Fire | Anchored | 3 Turns}

Totem - SnakeArmA, SnakeArmB [100 Fire | Spread 2 | A]

[BEEP BOOP BUMP]
The two navis, after the small "flirt" with one another, made their first move on the group of viruses, deleting one of the Nautilus and the entire SnakeArm group. Cheshire laid down the foundation for her next attack when she received some of Phero's special formulas, heating up the navi's body with the help of her less-than-proper thoughts about her partner. Due to how hectic her thought process had become as it was amplified by the perfume, her spice attack was a bit off the mark, but her Totem was at least able to finish off one of the Snakearm.

The last Snakearm was able to chomp down on Cheshire's barrier as it suddenly appeared from behind the navi, but not inflict any damage. The two surviving Nautilus, however, was able to land a lucky hit onto Phero and blast her with a stream of water. Last, but not least, the confused Shellgeek, though it was able to block off the Spice's attack, wasn't able to guard itself from the confusing pollens and blindly attacked its own comrade!

-- ENEMIES --
SnakeArm A: 130 HP [Grass]
SnakeArm B: DELETED
Shellgeek A: 100 HP [Grass] [Confused]
Shellgeek B: 80 HP [Grass]
Shellgeek C: 100 HP [Grass]
Elmperor A: DELETED
Elmperor B: DELETED
Elmperor C: DELETED
Nautilus A: DELETED
Nautilus B: 60 HP [10 HP BubbleWrap] [Sea]
Nautilus C: 60 HP [10 HP BubbleWrap] [Sea]

-- ALLIES --
Phero.EXE: 80 HP [Grass]
Cheshire.EXE: 160 HP [Barrier Destroyed] [Grass]
- "Gutter" Mind [Improved Dodge (+15%) / Lowered Accuracy (-15%)]
- Hot n' Heavy [Change Navi Element: Fire]
RemoteBit: 100 HP
Totem: 100 HP

-- TERRAIN --
15% Lava (patches near sea)
10% Sand (scattered)
40% Grass (main bulk of area)
10% Normal (scattered)
25% Sea (to the right)
Phero shook the water off of herself quickly, then peaked out from behind her perfume bottle to see how the battle was going. Cheshire had cleaned up a lot of viruses already and, more interestingly, also seemed to have the ability to summon a field of flowers, just like Phero's own. Well, not quite so... she'd never seen exploding flowers before. That aside, it looked like Cheshire had the same idea of what to do with the grassy field as Dharma herself had pitched originally.

"It's safe to begin an assault now, Phero. I'm uploading you several chips now. Help Cheshire out so that this takes no longer than it needs to," Dharma instructed her navi, slotting through three chips quickly.

"And then we can go to the bathhouse, right?" Phero asked optimistically, pushing her fingers together anxiously like a nervous child would.

"It sort of depends on how much your actions frustrate me. Most matters concerning your existence do," the operator responded coldly, resting pacing the deck as she spoke.

Phero gulped, although ridiculously, she was more concerned about the bathhouse being denied to her than she was about the prospect of actually being erased for a new navi. "Alright... I'll do a good job here so that I can relax later! Now let's test out that new chip," she continued with a smile, raising both hands to summon her TankCannon. Of course, Phero had no idea what a tank cannon really was and was thus surprised when a huge, clunky nozzle engulfed both forearms, dragging them down with the weight. "It's so heavy," she huffed, trembling as she raised the weapon.

"Do you see what that is? It's a launcher filled with explosive chemicals. The weight will help remind you what a serious thing you're doing, so that you aren't fantasizing about cats in bathtubs while you should be focusing on vital experiments," the president informed her, inspecting her nails meticulously as she explained.

The navi nodded, now the image of Cheshire and her sharing a bath was more firmly rooted in her mind than ever. Thus fueled, she managed to line up the shot easily, but she was still taken back by the recoil, which nearly knocked her off her feet as she fired off the batch. "A-Alright... now another pounce," she murmured, trying to steady herself. Phero felt like she'd be lucky if she could walk, let alone pounce effectively.

But pounce she did, gunning towards one of the shelled viruses she'd just aimed at. Reaching out with a fuzzy bear claw, she attempted to scoop it up and throw it at one of its friends. Would such an attack really be effective? She couldn't help but imagine that their shells would keep them well protected... which reminded her: they might retaliate. As a last measure, she sprayed out a vertical arc of goop, which solidified mid-air into a dry, purplish-pink shield.

She pressed her face into it again in order to hide her smile as more airborne chemicals flooded out from her body, moving in their constant arc towards Cheshire, as usual.

Phero
1) TankCannon1 @ ShellgeekB and surrounding [80 damage shot, C accuracy + blast 2]
2) RageClaw1 @ ShellgeekA into ShellgeekC [20 + 20 melee damage, B accuracy + impact]
3) Guard1 up [1 hit shield + reflect up to 60 null in piercing, line, S accuracy attack]

RemoteBit
1) Attack NautilusB [80 elec, B accuracy + panel break]
Cheshire shivered in her seat atop the totem as the sweet-smelling mist drew closer around her, choking her senses and filling her mind with decidedly less-than-innocent thoughts of her partner. "N-not again," she murmured through gritted teeth, clutching her arms to her shoulders and drawing her knees to her chest, trying desperately to contain what she felt building up inside her.

"Sister... I'm not sure I'm much good to Phero like this." She managed to force a laugh, trying her best to ignore the heat suffusing her skin or the way her breath ever-so-faintly fogged in the air before her.

"You've worked through worse, Sister. Focus. Phero is still in trouble." Silently, Iris noted that she was beginning to notice a theme with these compounds Phero and her operator were applying. Just what kind of 'wonder drug' were they going for, to land them with several aphrodisiacs along the way?

"What!?" Cheshire spun onto all fours, watching from her perch as the cowardly fish hit her with a painful-looking spray of pressurized water. Her temper flared; here she was sitting here fantasizing when her partner was getting picked on! She staggered to her feet, trying to ignore just how aware she had become of the silk against her skin. Vivid red flames burst from her palms, licking harmlessly at her arms as they flowed up past her elbows.

"Keep at it with the whole burning thing! You're doing great!" She ducked down to pat the Totem's flat, uncarved head before leaping from her perch. The Totem simply rumbled in the ground as it turned, preparing to carry out her orders.

Cheshire, meanwhile, raced for the Shellgeeks on all fours, the same flames coating her shins and flowing through the air behind her like a banner. With a roar and a leap, she pounced, spinning slowly in the air and bringing one powerful, flame-wreathed leg around to strike at the first offender. She didn't stop to think that she might be more vulnerable to the attacks of these viruses as she was -- they'd hurt her partner, and that was all she needed. Think any deeper than that, and she was bound to start wondering about the way Phero's damp clothes clung to her body, or... Oh, damnit.

Her next stroke, a bold lash with her silken arm momentarily shifted into the shape of a great beast's claw, lacked focus -- desperate to collect her thoughts, she fought blindly, thinking that keeping her mind distracted in this way might help her to find her equilibrium again. Of course, this was easier said than done, and she found her eyes wandering toward Phero as she engaged three newly-vulnerable viruses... in a pounce, no less. Cheshire's dark skin flushed a vivid red. She was completely fixated on the way her partner moved. Forgetting to check whether she'd managed to finish off her own quarry, she started after the girl in a full run, holding her silk arm out behind her as wicked glowing claws burst from her fingertips.

She leapt in after Phero, a gleeful smile on her face beneath her hard blush, her claws flashing through the air at their shared prey. Her partner had fallen back, raising a dubious-looking shield before herself, but Cheshire didn't mind finishing what she'd started -- the sooner they finished, the sooner her and Phero could get into a bath together. In her current state, Cheshire found the prospect very enticing.

After a couple of swings she drew her claws back in and fell back herself, taking a cautious position near Phero. She glanced up at her ally, her eyes perhaps lingering more than normal. Oh? Was she still hurt? Cheshire drew in closer, her eyes fixed on Phero's. "... You're hurt," she noted, vainly hoping that Phero hadn't noticed her flushed skin. "Here, let me..." She placed her hands on Phero's shoulders with a deep breath, closing her eyes and trying to focus, mingling her program oh-so-subtly with Phero's and directing it to the pressure burns on her skin...

... Only to feel a wave of heat overtake her and collapse forward, wrapping her arms around Phero for support. She pulled back slowly, gazing at Phero with a strange mix of emotions in her eyes -- and darted forward, her lips pressing gently against her partner's in a soft kiss. Her eyes narrowed to slits in a quiet smile.

░▒▓█▐└┬╢ACTIONS╟┬┘▌█▓▒░
    Guttermind! Better dodge, worse accuracy!
    Hot n' Heavy! Temporary Fire-element!

Tick - Take Aim
    [li]FireHit1 - NautilusC [60+15 Fire | Impact | Double | [color=#E62020]A[/color]]
    [li]FireHit1 - NautilusB [60+15 Fire | Impact | [i]Double[/i] | B]
    Tick - Move to Shellgeek group
    [li]BambooSword - ShellgeekA, ShellgeekB, ShellgeekC [80 Wood | Slashing | Wide | B] [3!]
  • BambooSword - ShellgeekA, ShellgeekB, ShellgeekC [80 Wood | Slashing | Wide | B] [2!]
    Little Shadow - Phero [Heal 15]

Totem - SnakeArmA [100 Fire | Spread 2 | A] [2!]

[HEYA!]
[HOYA!]