Mission: For The Birds!

DubloonMan was quick to greet the navi with a toothy grin and shook the surfer's forearm, rather than his hand. He had already seen the sad state of affairs the shack was in and the navi's strange wardrobe looked cheap. He wasn't worth stealing from and it would probably be too much trouble to find the reward if he just plundered the hut right now. For now, DubloonMan thought it best to be on his best behaviour.

"Aye. Me name's DubloonMan. I trust ye be th' mahn what put us up t' th' job then." DubloonMan said, "Excuse me tardiness. Some vermin held me up at th' docks, though thar now be a few less birds t' deal with. Yar ha-har!"

"H-Hey, we're the one who took the job. Where else are the b-birds? S-sorry, It's kinda c-cold where I am so I'd like to finish this up soon." Roger stuttered, his teeth continuing to chatter after he stopped talking.
"Oh, sorry, operator bro! They um, kinda followed me here, so I don't think- Whoa, there they are!"

Looking upwards towards the skies above the shack, an absolutely massive horde of parrots were flocking in the skies, and heading towards them at an alarming speed! This time, along with the two types of parrots they had seen before, of green and red, there were a couple more of a different kind altogether. They seemed less like birds and more like flying black monstrosities with feathers, by the look of their grotesque wings; those were lined with pierced bones and strange markings. SurfBro pulled up his shades for a bit to look at the horde, and hissed.

"Those little-- trashed my shack, screwed my waves, made my pad a litterbox!" he growled. Wielding his surfboard at his side, he leapt on it, and turned towards DubloonMan. "Time to make some waves, pirate bro!" he yelled, as the calls of the parrots began to drown out all notions of sound. The surfboard revved up its propulsion with a booming noise, and the Navi adjusted his shades back into place, grinning as he did so.

-- ENEMIES --
ViciousParrot A: 170 HP
ViciousParrot B: 170 HP
DiehardParrot A: 140 HP
DiehardParrot B: 140 HP
DiehardParrot C: 140 HP
DiehardParrot D: 140 HP
RabidParrot A: 100 HP
RabidParrot B: 100 HP
RabidParrot C: 100 HP
RabidParrot D: 100 HP

-- ALLIES --
DubloonMan.EXE: 130 HP (Sand)
SurfBro.EXE: 250 HP (Riding SurfBoard)
SurfBoard: 100 HP (Hovering above Sand)

-- TERRAIN --
50% Sand (Beach)
30% Normal (Scattered around)
10% Grass (Also scattered)
10% Sea (Very edge of the beach)

-- BATTLE 04, READY? START!! --
The beach in the real world was becoming more frigid as time dragged on and there was practically no one around now. The street lamps flickered to life as the natural light of the sun faded completely. Roger, who once despised his modest apartment, found himself more and more willing to pack up and head home before it started to snow. The chilly temperature of his surroundings coincided with a similarly chilling sense of shock as the flock of bird viruses soared into view.

"D-DubloonMan, am I seeing this r-right?" Roger asked, "H-how many birds are there?"

"YARRR! IT BE NO TIME T' COUNT, LAD! PERFORATE TH' LOTTA THEM!"

Roger's numb fingers rummaged through his pocket and he emptied it to choose what he was slotting in. He slipped in the two Shotguns, one after the other. DubloonMan unloaded both rounds of his blunderbuss into the flock but after the first two shots, Roger realized there wasn't going to be enough to take them all out, "...Just shooting them isn't gonna work this time! There's too many of them!"

His navi put away the blunderbuss and addressed the surfer, "AVAST YE, LAD! LEND A HAND, IF YE WOULD!"

Roger hadn't considered that the person assigning them the job would actually help and reassessed that their chances of winning would probably improve if the surfer did anything. Roger slotted in the Bubblespreader and wondered what kind of strategy he could rig together with his remaining chips as he emptied his other pocket's contents out onto the bench. The Shadow2 chip that he had received from the charity event spilled out and laid on the top of the pile, the demonic figure on the face staring back at Roger. He picked it up and knew DubloonMan wouldn't stand for using something of this nature, even in desperate situations. But as an operator, he was in charge of what his navi should and shouldn't use. Wasn't he? The dilemma left him conflicted. He dropped the Shadow2 back on the pile and spread out his options.

Meanwhile, DubloonMan aimed the Bubblespreader into the gap that his Shotguns had cleared and emptied another spread of pearled shot. Sheathing his gun, he grabbed his anchor's chain and began to weave it around his head in a protective ring, shouting, "COME AT ME!"

Despite his tough facade, he couldn't keep up his ad-libbed defense up for long and released his anchor, chain and all, at the biggest bird of the bunch.

1 - Shotgun RapidParrotA (50 damage + Spread 2)
2 - Shotgun RapidParrotA (50 damage + Spread 2)
3 - Bubblespreader DiehardParrot B (55 damage + Spread 9)
4 - Anchors Aweigh! (Nova 2 Knockback + 10 damage) + ViciousParrot A (40 damage) + Break
"TIME FOR THE NAAAAAARLIEST WAVES! Rexbro, Pulsar, on the double!"

The operator on SurfBro's side slotted in the Navi's request, and the surfboard he rode sped off. DubloonMan led the assault by his blunderbuss rounds, shooting down three parrots by his hand. The grotesque parrots went for the surfer Navi, but he then whipped out a strange device from inside his shirt. Roaring out the device's name was incredibly helpful in determining what he wanted to do with it.

"Wave! Generator! EXTREEEEME!"

Throwing it towards the sands, most of the beach immediately liquified around it, with the rush of the sea calling. A massive wave was then generated, pulling away much of the opposition away from pecking range, except for one fiery bird and one green bird. The wave even pulled down the surfer himself, but he was fine with that. DubloonMan already had his Nereid out yet again, and shot down some more parrots. The birds were absolutely enraged at their inability to peck down anyone. "Pulsar aaaaand DashAttack COMBO SMAAASH!" he growled, rushing down towards the flocked birds and rending apart quite a few of them with his combination.

The two remaining birds up top went for DubloonMan, but they were whacked sideways by DubloonMan's anchor, and the massive whomper of a beast landed in a parrot's skull, deleting it. "Hahaha! Nice one, pirate bro!" the surfer said, as he sped far, far upwards on his surfboard, avoiding the parrots' deadly pecks before they could attack him.

-- ENEMIES --
ViciousParrot A: DELETED
ViciousParrot B: 100 HP
DiehardParrot A: 30 HP
DiehardParrot B: DELETED
DiehardParrot C: 85 HP
DiehardParrot D: 60 HP
RabidParrot A: DELETED
RabidParrot B: DELETED
RabidParrot C: DELETED
RabidParrot D: 90 HP

-- ALLIES --
DubloonMan.EXE: 130 HP (Sand)
SurfBro.EXE: 250 HP (Riding SurfBoard, High Alt)
SurfBoard: 100 HP (Hovering above Sea)

-- TERRAIN --
30% Sand (Beach)
20% Normal (Scattered around)
50% Sea (Artificially expanded sea)
DubloonMan gasped at the sight of his fellow virus buster lay down sea terrain and fly through the air, "BLOW ME DOWN! WHAT KIND O' MAGICKS HAVE YE WROUGHT UPON US, LAD!? BE YE A WIZARD!?"

Roger rubbed his face into his hand and groaned. He had tried so hard to avoid things that would set off his navi's superstitious nature and this surfer decided to pull out all the stops in being futuristic. The majority of the birds had been deleted or injured and victory was in sight, if only DubloonMan could focus on the task at hand.

"DubloonMan, forget him! Focus on the j-job!" Roger said, trying to appeal to his navi's barbaric side, "I'm slotting in Fireburn and Firehit! Scorch the skies! B-burn them to the ground! Roast some chickens! C-COME ON!"

DubloonMan's eye twitched as he alternated his gaze between the surfer and the parrots. That soon changed when his powder keg took form and all doubt and anxiety was overcome with his desire to spread some chaos. Embracing the barrel in another tight hug, he aimed the top of the container at one of the viruses and gave it a good crushing squeeze, shooting a jet of black powder at the virus. The tip of his torch grazed the gunpowder stream as it came into existence, igniting it. The tower of fire blazed up in one jet while DubloonMan swung his torch, sending a wave of embers at another virus. He lashed out at a third virus, flinging the rapidly incinerating baton at it before wiping his hand clean of the ashes across his chest.

"Aye, lad! Me flintlock!" DubloonMan called out, seemingly having forgotten his earlier concerns.

Roger slotted in the chip and wondered how long his navi's battlelust would keep his mind occupied. A burst of gunfire resounded from DubloonMan's pistol as he unloaded into the other black parrot with wanton recklessness and a heartless laugh, "Welcome t' DubloonMan's all-ye-can-eat lead buffet! Come fer th' bullets, but STAY fer me service! YAR HA-HAR!"

1 - Fireburn2 RabidParrotD (90 damage + Line(3))
2 - Firehit DiehardParrotD (60 damage)
3 - Firehit DiehardParrotA (60 damage)
4 - Machinegun1 ViciousParrotA (9 x 30 damage + Spray-Fire)
"Alright, bro! This calls for some extra-awesome shades!" roared SurfBro, as he cast off his normal shades, and whipped out a new pair out of nowhere, which looked to be extra-spiky and extra-reflecty. He appeared to have an extra spring in his surf as he equipped them, the widest grin appearing on his face. "Rex, dude, I totally can't see anything, hahaha," he said, probably addressing his operator again. Whipping out a couple of round objects, he dashed down on his surfboard, and hurled them down. They exploded in a couple of parrots' faces, deleting one and injuring another.

Meanwhile, DubloonMan had other plans of his own, taking out his powderkeg of surprises, burning down one of the parrots. The other parrots left SurfBro to his own devices, and attacked DubloonMan en masse. However, his torches soon showed them what-for. Suddenly, the grotesque parrot swooped in on DubloonMan, and tore out a piece of his arm with its vicious attack for massive injury! (40) Of course, the pirate's recourse was to let the parrots taste lead buffet.

The surfer moved closer to DubloonMan as he took off his shades. "Pirate bro! That pecker looked pretty bad! You OK, bro?" said SurfBro, a touch of concern in his voice.

-- ENEMIES --
ViciousParrot A: DELETED
ViciousParrot B: DELETED
DiehardParrot A: DELETED
DiehardParrot B: DELETED
DiehardParrot C: DELETED
DiehardParrot D: DELETED
RabidParrot A: DELETED
RabidParrot B: DELETED
RabidParrot C: DELETED
RabidParrot D: DELETED

-- ALLIES --
DubloonMan.EXE: 90 HP (Sand)
SurfBro.EXE: 250 HP (Riding SurfBoard)
SurfBoard: 100 HP (Hovering above Sea)

-- TERRAIN --
30% Sand (Beach)
20% Normal (Scattered around)
50% Sea (Artificially expanded sea)

-- BATTLE 04, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

DubloonMan: 850z, 5 SurfBro FXP
Surfbro: 850z, 5 Dubloon FXP
The ViciousParrot had taken out a sizable piece of DubloonMan's arm but he showed no signs of pain. There was no blood. Instead, the edges of the wound had been reduced to small, free-flowing blocks of data. He took one look at the missing chunk in his arm and quickly dismissed it, "Aye, it be but a scratch."

His apprehensive attitude returned when he glanced at the hovering surfboard and took a step back while humbly removing his hat, "Yar... Er, be that all that ye require o' me services then? If ye'd be so kind as t'... Pay me reward, I'll gladly be on me way..."

Roger tried to breathe some warmth into his frozen hands and pleaded quietly, "Please let that be the end of it... Pleeeeease let that be the end of it..."

((Battle 5))
"Aaahhhh, about that, pirate bro..." mumbled the surfer Navi, as he scratched the back of his neck idly. "Um, there's... one, more. It's uh, back at my shack, bro. Like, thiiiiiis," he said, stretching out his arms as far as they went, "big. Narley big, bro. I'm real sorry, operator bro, pirate bro. My op won't let the big man go with his stacks till that deal's outta the way. Please, bro? Just help me out here, man, and we'll be done."

The man looked at DubloonMan further, and noticed him eyeing the surfboard with a rather screwed face. Misinterpreting it as yen instead of worry, he gave the pirate Navi a thumbs up. "Dude, if you're like, totally into this board, I've got tons more at the shack, and you can have one, no worries, bro. C'mon," he said, leading the way towards the hopefully last destination of the journey.
"Only one more huh?" Roger mused, "Well, at least we're almost done. Ha ha... Ah, it's cold."

There was no way DubloonMan would consent to riding on a board and shook his head at SurfBro's offer, "Nay, lad. I trust me landlegs more than yer floatin' air contraption."

Though he said that, he had a rough time keeping up with the hoverboard's pace and lagged behind. Like his operator, he too looked forward to only having to face one more enemy. As much as he loved to fight, he was getting a little tired and needed a rest.

((Battle 5))
"Whatever floats your boat, dude," said SurfBro as he continued to show the way.

As the surfer Navi hovered along on his surfboard, he let the board do the moving, and sat on it. Humming a little tune helped to set the mood at a somewhat lighter tone, if his board wasn't worrying the heck out of DubloonMan. Anyway, the way to the shack was shown, and it wasn't very long before they set foot on a stone pathway paved through the sand. However, it was easy to spot the shack even from a distance away. It was a nice beach-side shack, the one Roger would probably find if he looked around a bit, but it was looking pretty beaten up. Like, trashed. The windows were broken in, the roof was practically nonexistent by then, and holes in the walls were numerous.

SurfBro was getting a little teary-eyed just looking at his trashed place. "Aw crap, it's even worse now!" he wailed. Suddenly, as they moved closer to the shack, they realized something quite odd; there was not a single parrot to be seen anywhere in the vicinity. Walking into the place, the surfer was quite confused. "... Dude, where'd they go? There was like, a freakin' horde just a few minutes ago. Something's not right, man," he said, scratching his head in puzzlement.

Suddenly, a screech came from above, which made the surfer Navi look up in horror. "Pirate bro! Watch out!!" he exclaimed, diving for DubloonMan and pushing him backwards. They were sent tumbling across the grass just as a gigantic mass of feathers smashed into the shack. Standing back up, the two looked up to see the mass of feathers to be a monstrous-looking overweight parrot, flapping its wings uselessly as it tried to take flight. It saw the surfer and pirate Navi sitting there waiting to be preyed on, and screeched viciously.

"Dude! My board!!" yelled SurfBro as he realized that the parrot had his favorite surfboard underneath its crushing posterior. Gritting his teeth, he clenched his fist decisively. "It's time for a pounding."

-- ENEMIES --
Boss Parrot: 1000 HP (Sand)

-- OBJECTS --
Ransacked Shack: 500 HP (Surrounding Parrot)

-- ALLIES --
DubloonMan.EXE: 90 HP (Sand)
SurfBro.EXE: 250 HP (Sand)

-- TERRAIN --
100% Sand

-- BATTLE 05, READY? START!! --
Being pushed out of harm's way didn't surprise DubloonMan as much as seeing what he was up against next. He gave a bit of a bug-eyed stare at the massive bird before mumbling, "Yarrr, I'll be needin' some liquid courage fer this one..."

Roger tapped some icons on the PET screen to unlock another feature and said, "C-check your inside breast pocket. R-right side."

DubloonMan patted himself down and discovered something foreign right where Roger had indicated. He reached inside his tattered coat and, instead of pulling out a firearm, retrieved a brown-tinted glass bottle. He scanned over the contents and popped the cork before giving it a whiff. The aroma spawned a grin across his face, "Oh Roger, ye shouldn't have."

His operator smirked a little bit himself and explained with pride, "I found the recipe on some site and c-coupled it to some recovery programs. It should taste legitimate and also repair the damage you've t-taken. It was a b-bit of a rush job but it should do the trick."

DubloonMan wasn't listening and downed the entire bottle, somewhat nodding and grunting agreeably. As he did, the missing data from his arm fell back into place while scratches and other wounds closed on their own. As the last droplet of the healing elixir drained from the bottle, DubloonMan's clothes and body had returned to pristine condition. He dropped the empty bottle in the sand and wobbled about, moreso than usual.

"...Wait, that's not right." Roger noted.

DubloonMan blinked a few times. His warped equilibrium toppled him to one side, but he somehow maintained his balance and hiccuped, "Aaaaaaaaht's more likeit! I'll take that foul feathered arse on meself! Ye stay outta this... SERFBRA!"

"Oh no, I didn't read about this part," Roger noted to himself, "There must have been some kind of... 'drunken subroutine' or something I must've included in this thing. How long does this last?" He quickly ran over his work as DubloonMan prepared to execute his attack.

"This'll be over in a SECOND!" He spat and pulled down on his chain hard. In his inebriated stupor, he didn't notice he was holding it backwards, gripping the anchor and swinging the length of chain around his head. It lashed in sloppily around him, nearly hitting his head in the process. His sentences punctuated by more hiccups, "...How do ye like tha?... How bout' summa' THIS!?" He taunted and lobbed the anchor at the Boss Parrot. Despite not being thrown in the usual way, the anchor sailed through the air like a rocket though the trajectory was questionable. DubloonMan seemed to possess all of his original strength and then some but significantly less coordination.

"ROGER! ME GUNZ! ROGER! Roger... I need guns." The navi said, tilting to the left this time and trampling across the sand on impulse.

"Wait hold on, I'll get to you in a- OKAY! Okay, it's just a temporary thing to replicate the similar effect on a person, but you finished off the whole bottle so it hit you harder. Great, this means it should end soon."

DubloonMan seemed to sober up almost instantaneously after Roger's clarification and clutched his eyepatch, "YAR! What a kick!"

1 - Groggy Grog (heal 90 + Off-Target)
2 - dodge
3 - Anchors Aweigh! (Nova 2 Knockback + 10 damage) + BossParrot (40 damage) + Break
4 - dodge
Downing a bottle of good ol' 40% alcohol, DubloonMan felt instantly refreshed... and incredibly giddy at the same time. The gigantic parrot wasn't very amused at his antics, and started to bat its wings at the two. The enormous wings created a vortex of wind that sucked both of them towards the parrot! "Radical breeze!" yelled SurfBro, who was somehow pleased by the turn of events. However, when DubloonMan started swinging his anchor around, the surfer looked on in horror as the thrown anchor tore open a large hole in the shack, and somehow missing the gigantic parrot in front of them completely. "Oh, sh*t, pirate bro's smashed," he said to himself.

Worse was the fact that the stirring of winds had torn up a sandstorm around the entire area, drastically reducing visibility. DubloonMan heard some loud whooshing sounds in front of him, but didn't feel anything, as the attacks passed by his impromptu drunken dodging. Meanwhile, SurfBro took out two simple pistols from his pockets, and started firing at the parrot. "Pirate bro! C'mon, help me out here, dude!" he yelled through the sandstorm.

-- ENEMIES --
Boss Parrot: 900 HP (Sand) (Fan Effect)

-- OBJECTS --
Ransacked Shack: 450 HP (Surrounding Parrot) (Large hole torn in)

-- ALLIES --
DubloonMan.EXE: 170 HP (Sand) (Off-Target Nerf)
SurfBro.EXE: 250 HP (Sand)

-- TERRAIN --
100% Sand
Weather: Sandstorm, 2 Turns Left (Accuracy reduced)
Wind picked up and began to draw DubloonMan and his accomplice in towards the giant bird. Usually more than willing to charge into the fray, DubloonMan went against his instincts and resisted the pull of the powerful draft. He dug his boot and cannon deep into the sand, and squinted, trying to make out the bird's form amidst the blinding storm.

He gritted his teet and spat, "BLAST YER ILL WINDS YE BLOATED HARPY! YAR! ROGER! I CAN'T SEE ME OWN FOOT LIKE THIS! WHAR'S ME BOMB?"

Roger was about to slot in the Crackerbomb but considered what would happen if his navi were to lose his footing and get caught in the blast. It was a better plan to disable its flapping first and bomb it when it was less mobile. Factoring in the limited visibility, Roger opted to use the gun with the widest spread, "DubloonMan, try to take out its w-wings with the Bubblespreader. I'll send you a Rope to hamper its flapping."

"QUIT YER YAPPIN' AND GET ON WITH IT, LAD!" DubloonMan growled as he continued to stagger backwards with great difficulty.

Roger slotted in the chip and DubloonMan pulled out the weapon from his jacket in a fluid transition from the real to the digital. Through the haze of silt and flying grains, DubloonMan squinted and tried to pinpoint the monster's flapping wings.

"Don't let me down now, Nereid..." He said and pulled the trigger. A burst of water and pearls punched a fleeting hole through the thick gale, giving DubloonMan a brief but clear view of his opponent. He wasted no time in reaching for the newly materialized length of rope at his side. At his touch, the brown braids were tinted into a metallic silver and became as tough as steel. He tossed the loose loop of reinforced wire through whatever remnants of the vacuum remained and waited for the pull. He couldn't see where it landed but fed the rope into the sand veil as if he were fishing. A second later, he gripped the line and pulled, tightening the noose and delivering a crushing bind on whatever he had managed to catch.

1 - Resist Fan effect (Movement back)
2 - Take Aim
3 - BubbleSpreader BossParrot (55 damage + Spread 9)
4 - Rope BossParrot (50 damage + Hold) + Break
"SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE."

The gigantic parrot let out a horrific screech as the gunshots landed directly in its torso, injuring it with very terrible consequences. The screech almost froze DubloonMan and SurfBro in their tracks, but they managed to overcome their fears and strike further. However, it seemed to weather the blows quite powerfully (not that the two Navis could see that) and a fair amount of the injuries disappeared. SurfBro kept on the assault with a shot of his own from his pistols, after which he drew back from the parrot. The reinforced wire held fast onto the parrot's huge girth, and crushed it in its embrace.

-- ENEMIES --
Boss Parrot: 785 HP (Sand) (Held) (Fan Effect)

-- OBJECTS --
Ransacked Shack: 395 HP (Surrounding Parrot) (Large hole torn in)

-- ALLIES --
DubloonMan.EXE: 170 HP (Sand)
SurfBro.EXE: 250 HP (Sand) (TrainArrow1)

-- TERRAIN --
100% Sand
Weather: Sandstorm, 1 Turn Left (Accuracy reduced)
Seeing that the rope and firearms didn't seem to halt the parrot's windy effects, DubloonMan decided to try and use it to his advantage.

"CHANGE O' PLANS, ROGER!" He called out, "BRING OUT ME POWDER KEG!"

Roger winced quizzically at the request but didn't have any better ideas himself. He shrugged away his concerns and slotted in the chip. DubloonMan never stopped backing away from the parrot's pull and now he had a reason. The powder keg materialized in front of him and began to slowly slide across the sand as it became subject to the strong winds. DubloonMan smiled and struck the top of the cask with his hook, popping the top off. Almost immediately, the full container of black powder drained away, swept up by the gusts, straight towards the giant bird. He didn't need to aim it at all and laughed, "YAR HA-HAR! THAT'S IT! BREATHE DEEP!"

Roger suddenly realized what his navi's plans were. He quickly slotted in the Firehit as usual and waited for the inevitable fireworks. The torch appeared in DubloonMan's hand and flickered amidst the sandstorm, struggling to stay lit. As the last bits of the black dust emptied themselves from the barrel, DubloonMan smashed the torch into the keg, destroying it and simultaneously lighting the trail of gunpowder. Streams of the sand suddenly erupted into flames, turning into an intense firestorm. The loose, mildly abrasive grains of sand in the air melted and turned into a shower of glass shards. A wave of his torch sent another roll of flame into the mix before he tossed the torch at the bird, just to add insult to injury. As he tried to hold his ground, he smirked and waited to see just what kind of damage his chain reaction would cause.

1 - Resist Fan effect (Movement back)
2 - FireBurn2 BossParrot (90 + Line(3))
3 - Firehit BossParrot (60 + impact)
4 - Firehit BossParrot (60 + impact)
Struggling to fight against both the sandstorm and the ravaging winds the bird was still putting out, DubloonMan pulled out his powderkeg, and realized the fires that he had grown to like so much. The firestorm blasted through the flying sands, and created a haphazard firestorm instead! Unfortunately, due to the spreading of the fire, almost half of the flame's effects didn't hit the parrot at all, but rather torched the shack instead...

Meanwhile, SurfBro put his guns on, throwing away his revolvers. He then pulled out a massive harpoon gun out of nowhere. "TIIIIIME FOR ME TO SKEWER ME SOME BIRD!" he exclaimed, and released it towards the gigantic parrot. The harpoon landed in the parrot's torso for massive damage, but in his excitement, he forgot to account for the sucking effects of the wind! Luckily, he got off easy, and leapt away just in time as one of the bird's wings swept by in front of him.

By now, the parrot was pissed. It was losing fast, and there was no way it would do much damage in the first place. Thus forth, it brought its wings close to its body, and stayed firmly in place, becoming as cold and unmoving as a statue. .... Of course, against a Navi with a cannon for a leg, this was probably a bad idea.

Oh, and the sandstorm cleared. Also had a nice effect of clearing the looser sand beneath their feet, making way for a firmer footing.

-- ENEMIES --
Boss Parrot: 469 HP (Normal) (Held) (HardBody)

-- OBJECTS --
Ransacked Shack: 305 HP (Surrounding Parrot) (Large hole torn in)

-- ALLIES --
DubloonMan.EXE: 170 HP (Normal)
SurfBro.EXE: 250 HP (Normal)

-- TERRAIN --
100% Normal
"Is it dead?" asked Roger, watching as the bird fell into a grim, motionless state.

"Nay, lad," DubloonMan replied, "The beast merely slumbers. Hrm... Me thinks it be time t' give it a nightmare! Yar ha-har! Roger! Me flintlock!"

The Machinegun chip was taken from its place on the bench and slotted in. Roger looked at his remaining selection and grew increasingly concerned. With any luck, SurfBro would make up for the slack. Back in the online world, DubloonMan casually fished out the flintlock from his jacket. With no signs of the monstrous parrot being able to move or fight back, DubloonMan took his sweet time in lining up his first shot. Balancing the end of his pistol on his forearm, he aimed right between the parrot's eyes and grinned his malicious grin. As his finger graced the trigger, another metallic transformation crept along the pistol's body and coated the wooden handle and brass trim with a silver finish. DubloonMan didn't seem to notice the effect he was having on his gun and simply unloaded a salvo of enhanced shot upon the parrot. The rapid and random recoil made it nigh-impossible to aim but DubloonMan held his position to the best of his ability. As he finished firing, his anchor and chain rematerialized back over his shoulder.

"Eh? Me anchor! Ye've come back t' me!" DubloonMan said. Taking its return as a sign to use it, he gave it a few good practice swings. Unlike his earlier, inebriated performance, the anchor's path was much more deliberate and smooth. It made one final loop around his head before DubloonMan released it into the parrot shack.

"I don't think y-your attacks are w-working so great." noted Roger.

Seeing that his anchor didn't have quite the impact he was hoping for, DubloonMan felt inclined to agree, "Aye, ye may be right..." He began to bide his time and waited for a better opportunity to attack while he scouted for any visible weak spots he could exploit.

"C'mon ye lazy buzzard... Waaaake up..." DubloonMan grumbled quietly.

1 - Take Aim
2 - MachineGun (9 x 30 damage + Spray-Fire) + Break
3 - Anchors Aweigh! (Nova 2 Knockback + 10 damage) + BossParrot (40 damage)
4 - Take Aim (for next turn)
Taking advantage of the parrot's slumbering status, DubloonMan took his sweet time loading up his gun, and unloading upon the hapless bird. The statued status of the Boss Parrot actually increased its damage from the gunfire, dealing a heavy amount of damage to it! (60x7) A couple of bullets went astray into the shack's walls, but it still stood. The anchor he threw later on flew over the parrot's head, but it was almost dead anyway. Realizing this, it broke free from its self-embrace, and restored some of its vitality with a healing process! (+60) It then screeched in SurfBro's direction with such loudness that the Navi was frozen in place, trying to cover his ears! (Frozen!)

"Aaaaaagh, dude, dude, it hurts, it huuuuurts!!"

-- ENEMIES --
Boss Parrot: 109 HP (Normal)

-- OBJECTS --
Ransacked Shack: 245 HP (Surrounding Parrot) (Large hole torn in)

-- ALLIES --
SurfBro.EXE: 250 HP (Normal) (Frozen)

-- TERRAIN --
100% Normal
DubloonMan didn't care for SurfBro's suffering and only saw that by attacking the other navi, the Boss Parrot had left itself open to an attack from his side. He rushed forward towards the shack and shouted his typical battlecry, "YAR HA-HAR! YER MINE NOW!"

His navi's pathetic limp wasn't very effective at all, prompting Roger to slot in the DashAttack to help out DubloonMan's charge. His navi's pace quickened as he accelerated toward the shack. Roger figured there was no sense holding back now and began to slot in the rest of the chips en masse. The two Shotguns were the first to go giving DubloonMan something to fire as he ran.

"AYE! SOFTEN ER' UP A BIT, BETTY!" He cried, unloading a twin barreled blast upon the virus.

Roger slipped the RageClaw in next but hesitated as his fingers hovered over the CrackerBomb chips. He wanted to wait and see how the battle would turn out before he resorted to using those. There was no way DubloonMan would approve of the Fan or Shadow so Roger just put those back in his pocket.

Meanwhile, DubloonMan had reached his peak velocity. He pressed off the ground into a high jump while the Rageclaw fortified his hook in a brief flash of light. With all the speed and power of his DashAttack fueling his berserk leap, the navi slashed his hook and taunted once more, "I'LL CLIP YER WINGS YET, BIRD!"

1 - Shotgun BossParrot (50 damage + Spread 2)
2 - Shotgun BossParrot (50 damage + Spread 2)
3 - DashAttack BossParrot (90 damage + impact) + Accuracy
4 - RageClaw BossParrot (40 damage)
A barrage of attacks landing on the parrot was enough to down it in its weakened state, causing it to rear its head for one last screech before slumping into unconsciousness. Its massive girth then started to fade out of existence, decomposing into junk data. SurfBro recovered from his stunned status just in time to see the parrot's last remnants fade into the sky.

"Whooooaaaa. Trippin' out, dude," he commented.

Gawking a bit at the destroyed shack, he lowered his head slowly, and began to laugh. Not like, a psychotic laugh or anything like that, but a laugh of gladness. "Oh, oh, man. That stupid bird's really gone. Oh, oh, man, it's bringin' tears to my eyes, pirate bro," said SurfBro, and it seemed that he was right. His eyes were looking a bit wet. Of course, that was unmanly, so he wiped it off quickly.

"That was awesome, bro! I'm really, really grateful for all that," said SurfBro, recovering from his laughter. "If any of 'em lil' birds are crampin' up my style from now on, I'll be able to whack 'em good. Thanks again, bro." With that, he slapped DubloonMan heartily on the back, grinning for all he was worth.

"Anytime you wanna cruise, you know my place, arright? Don't be a stranger!"

-- ENEMIES --
Boss Parrot: DELETED

-- OBJECTS --
Ransacked Shack: 245 HP (Surrounding Parrot) (Large hole torn in)

-- ALLIES --
SurfBro.EXE: 250 HP (Normal)

-- TERRAIN --
100% Normal

-- BATTLE 05, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

1500z, 5 SurfBro FXP