Leaving Viruses Ajar

All slice and no play makes SharpMan a dull guy. Tearing things up is fun!

-- ENEMIES --
Brushman A: DELETED
Brushman B: DELETED
Melody A: DELETED
Melody B: DELETED

-- NAVIGATOR --
SharpMan.EXE: 130 HP [AquaKnife: 1/6]

-- TERRAIN --
5% Poison
30% Holy
65% Normal

-- BATTLE 02, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

500z
Despite handling the battle fairly well, SharpMan's frown indicated that he was less than satisfied from it, even though he was able to utilize nothing but his blades. "Hmph...cutting up enemies that can't fight back is boring! I need foes that can provide a challenge!" That said, he wasn't complaining about the cash said enemies left behind. "Here, take the money, Hector! Shouldn't be long until we can grab that Speed Upgrade!...I can't believe the day would come where I'd say that again..."

"It just wasn't meant to be. What else can I say?" NetBattle cash total, up. "No HolyPanel...too bad. I was hoping a little that we'd get one."

"Fine by me! It'd just keep me bound to that one spot, anyway!" And at least they didn't get a Binder...that chip would just be insulting to him. "I'm going on ahead. Not like you have anything else to do right now!"

"That's very, very true. Onward!"

And onward the Navi went, unsatisfied with the number of viruses he'd carved apart thus far...it was currently much too small for one of his caliber.

(Searching for Battle #3)
Further into the Dentech network, SharpMan found himself walking on a large expanse of transparent road. Underneath the road was a huge glowing datastream that sparkled with beautiful colors, presumably the main high-speed information transfer protocol that Dentech was quite famous for. Then, SharpMan spotted something else that sparkled; a large green Mystery Data crystal! What a stroke of luck!

... and of course, some requisite viruses to go along with it came up behind it, spotting SharpMan and preparing to blast him off to kingdom come.

-- ENEMIES --
Catack A: 120 HP
Catack B: 120 HP
Magneaker A: 70 HP
Magneaker B: 70 HP
Magneaker C: 70 HP

Green Mystery Data: 25 HP (Directly in front of Catacks)

-- NAVIGATOR --
SharpMan.EXE: 130 HP

-- TERRAIN --
100% Glass

-- BATTLE 03, READY? START!! --
Well, seems he had found the main road on this particular Net, considering the massive quantities of data transferring below him. Many Navis might've stopped and taken it in, but SharpMan simply continued without batting an eye. He wasn't the kind to be impressed by fancy light shows. All he cared about at the moment was to find more things to whet his blades, and datastreams like this tended to be like giant virus magnets.

...Of course, there was one kind of light that always caught his eye, and that was when it was shaped like a diamond. In this case, it was green. The bladed Navi smirked as he took a couple of steps, but suddenly stopped well short of the mystery data, closed his eyes, and raised a finger. "Cue the viruses right about..." The finger was pointed forward, and he opened his eyes. "...Now." Sure enough, Catack and Magneaker had shown up, and now bent on destroying him. As though that was even an option. "Yep, never fails! You find loose data like that, and viruses pop up. Well, I'm here to say right now...this data ain't theirs now!"

"Ah, mystery data, always fun. Too bad we don't have any Untraps, but we never could resist those things. So, shall we try and preserve it?"

"But of course! Everything else gets diced, though!"

"That's a given." Still, looking at the list of enemies, Hector seemed less than pleased. They weren't lacking in power, but they DID somewhat lack in ability to hit multiple enemies. And those Catack could shred that data in no time. He palmed their current strongest chip, and looked at it for a moment before shifting it to his fingers. "I hate to do this, but these are special circumstances. But mark my words...I absolutely refuse to use it in the following battle!" And in it went. Sigh. "BattleChip, WideBlade! Slot in!"

Deciding to let it form in default shape, SharpMan's right hand vanished, and was replaced with a golden colored WideSword, which he certainly wasn't going to complain about. Now, to rush in and tear them apart-

"Just a moment! Don't just rush in and tear them apart. Try to circle them instead...they should go after you, and you'll draw their fire away from the mystery data!"

Actually, that was probably a smart idea. And it was even better since now he didn't have to be the one to do the thinking. Just listen to the orders, then strike in accordance with them...that was how he always found success before. Utilizing his latest commands, the sharp edged Navi started to take a somewhat roundabout path to the tank viruses, to make sure their line of fire didn't cross with that shining green chunk of data in the middle of the field. Being well trained in quickness, it didn't take him too long to reach the Catack pair, which should now be between him and the data. The electrical insects weren't a big concern at the moment; unless they concentrated their fire on the mystery data, he didn't see them smashing it any time soon. Crossing his arm across his body, he powerfully swung his artificially created blade, to try and carve up the tanks before him with the mighty weapon. Not wanting to be total cannon fodder, however, he slashed with it again, to try and erase the stronger viruses from the face of the internet. With that second attack, the sword faded away, its energy completely spent from the attacks.

But it did its job. And thanks to the second cut, he was now in a position to try and dodge enemy attacks. Granted, there might be too many to avoid completely, but so be it. The data was calling, after all.

[Order of Turn:
1-Head behind Catacks (movement)
2-WideBlade chip attack on CatackA and CatackB (110, Slashing)
3-WideBlade chip attack on CatackA and CatackB (110, Slashing)
3a-Swordplay subtype ability (passive dodge)]
Choosing to divert attention away from the delicious crystal of data-filled goodness, SharpMan went to flank the Catacks, and sliced them up nice and easy. The Magneakers took the opportunity and opened fire on him, but the glass floor made their aim kind of off.

-- ENEMIES --
Catack A: SLICED N'
Catack B: DICED
Magneaker A: 70 HP
Magneaker B: 70 HP
Magneaker C: 70 HP

Green Mystery Data: 25 HP (Formerly directly in front of Catacks)

-- NAVIGATOR --

-- TERRAIN --
100% Glass
Ah, the simple elegance of swords...truly, they were the ultimate weapon. Guns could go burn, for all he cared. As could bombs, but why burn them when he could rip them up instead? "Easy! I think we all know what weapon cuts these things up!"

"Well, there IS more than one way to do this. And since I'm sure you'd be perfectly happy either way...ah, I guess we'll take the defensive approach." Well, relatively defensive...he wasn't exactly armed to the teeth with defense chips. "BattleChip, Boomerang! Slot in!"

The lower blade on SharpMan's arm glowed, as it took on an earth green aura. He extended it, and flicked his arm upward, causing the edge to detach and begin to spin. It arced around towards the trio of Magneaker, ready to ground them for all eternity...or maybe less, if they respawned or something. Actually, that would make fighting viruses one huge exercise in futility. Not that he minded, since battle was basically the reason he existed...wait, why was he thinking about this now?! Great, Dawn really infected him with this 'thinking during battle' nonsense. How was he supposed to enjoy the visceral thrill of tearing things into pieces when his mind was on something else? ...Ya know, exactly like this?

With a low growl, he raised his arm again, as his blade boomeranged back to him, and neatly snapped into place. The bladed Navi crossed his arms, as he awaited for any possible survivors to launch magnetically charged bombs at him, and try to avoid them, as it was clear as day to him that Hector wasn't sending anything else. Either way, this particular battle had just lost its fun factor for him. Stupid operator and his not being an only child.

[Order of Turn:
1-Boomerang1 chip attack on MagneakerA, MagneakerB, and MagneakerC
2-Dodge
3-Dodge]
Good rolls were had, shit happened. Oh boy.

-- ENEMIES --
Catack A: SLICED N'
Catack B: DICED
Magneaker A: LIKE A
Magneaker B: SASHIMI
Magneaker C: PLATTER

Green Mystery Data: 25 HP (Formerly directly in front of Catacks)

-- NAVIGATOR --

-- TERRAIN --
100% Glass

-- BATTLE 03, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

600z

[Unlock Mystery Data? Y/N]
SharpMan smirked as it became clear that there would be no more MagBombs launched at him. With a simple snap of his fingers, the cash data that had appeared was instantly transferred. The lack of a chip didn't particularly bother him; not like they dropped anything he was interested in. Besides, it'd only serve to distract from the beautiful green data in front of him, just begging for him to decode it. "So, shall I?"

"Of course. But remain cautious...you know how green data can be."

"That I do!" Walking next to the crystal, he reached out and touched it, and began to access its contents...

(OPENING GREEN MYSTERY DATA)
[GMD: CornShot1]
...BombCorn data suddenly flooded SharpMan's mind, en route to appearing in his operator's PET. "...That...is one of the biggest buzzkills ever. Seriously. It's not even something I don't have!"

"Hey, at least it didn't hurt you." Another CornShot. Could be worse. "So, shall we continue?"

"...No, now I feel like sulking! I can't believe I did all that for a freaking CornShot!"

"...Yeah. Well, whatever. Head out at will."

And 'at will' proved to be 'right now', as the bladed Navi quickly exited the Net in a flash of light.

(TO THE REAL WORLD)