Quick Bust

Finally, Enigma grunted, quickly readying himself for the last push. Instead of forming some elaborate weapon, he just grabbed handfuls of his own data and lightly tossed them at the golem. After the small impetus, the clumps of purple data sped towards his final enemy and latched on. After a few seconds, smaller streams of the same coloration rushed back towards him for healing purposes.

All you have left is the RiskyHoney, Shotgun, and Rageclaw, snickered Ceres. I'll send the Shotgun, just in case.

Fair enough, replied Enigma with a shrug. Nonchalantly equipping the Shotgun and firing it quickly, he focused more of his attention on healing the rest of his injuries. Calmly amassing a sphere of data, he pulled it back towards himself slowly, sighing with relief as the cyber-bruises from the Cragger's punch healed themselves. Eh, what the hell, why not just use everything? chuckled Enigma.

Sure, Ceres responded, slotting in the final two chips with a grin. Be careful now.

Enigma just snorted and activated the Rageclaw and de-activated it with the Riskyhoney, obviously bored to tears. Maybe, just maybe, it'd be over.

=-=-=

Enigma.EXE
HP: 100 [[color=green]+20+45[/color]]
1: Data Vampirism > Cragger [60 DMG, 20 Lifedrain, 3TCD]
2: Shotgun > Cragger [50 DMG, Spread1]
3: Data Influx > Self [+45 HP]
4: Rageclaw > Nothing [ [img]http://z6.ifrm.com/static/emo/7.png[/img] ]
5: RiskyHoney > Self [One-hit shield, 10 DMG x 5 Bees + Homing]
= Not like bumps matter anymore, but I'm going to keep bumping. =
Enigma landed hits one by one, cracking the stonebody and finally deleting the behemoth. There was a moment of silence in the battlefield, leaving the navi alone with the remains of the viruses. The next second, the stone pieces arranged a safe passage for Enigma as well as the reward of battle.

RedUFOA: DELETED
RedUFOB: DELETED
RedUFOC: DELETED
Cragger: DELETED

Terrain: 10% Normal, 20% Cracked, 80% Broken

Enigma.EXE: 140 HP

-BATTLE WON!-
800z
= Quite the battle. =

Sighing with relief, Enigma walked over to his reward data and reached out his hand towards it. Grasping the GMD tentatively, he frowned as his scanners recognized it: 800z. Those bastards didn't even leave a chip? he grumbled.

Sort of a waste of time, agreed Ceres quietly.

Whatever. There had better be some good stuff further in, Enigma muttered, continuing his walk rather grumpily.

= #3, please. =
= Bump ^^; =
Enigma swirls through the netscape, looking for something he could vent his anger on, when lo and behold, viruses!

Three Megallians led the way, covered in tough-looking spheres while three Bashers loomed behind them, locking their sights onto Enigma. These guys looked like they would put up a pretty good fight.

Some cracked terrain was scattered around. Probably the results of the Bashers going wild earlier.

-FRONT-
Magalian-A1: 130 HP (10 HP Aqua Aura)
Magalian-A2: 130 HP (10 HP Aqua Aura)
Magalian-A3: 130 HP (10 HP Aqua Aura)

-BEHIND FRONT-
BasherA: 120 HP
BasherB: 120 HP
BasherC: 120 HP

Terrain: 25% Cracked (scattered), 75% Normal

Enigma.exe: 140 HP

-BATTLE 3-
-GO-
Woah, murmured Enigma, stopping abruptly as he grew nearer to the assorted group of viruses. I haven't seen any of these before.

I think they're all breaking, Ceres suggested aloud. We could've finished it fast with that Ironbody power too.

It makes me feel really terrible after I use it, it's not fun, complained Enigma, a frown edging into his expression like he was about to jut his lip out. I think if we take it really careful, I can wheedle 'em down without taking too much damage.

Those auras make it pretty annoying, Ceres agreed with a slight inclination of his head. Wanna try the AirRaid and the three-target chips?

Sounds about right. The Widesword and the Dash could be decent finishers, Enigma pondered aloud, his frown changing from a borderline pout to a thoughtful downwards slope. Hey, send the AirRaid over and I'll call for what I need next.

A "please" doesn't hurt every once in a while, grumbled Ceres. I seem to say that a lot lately, he continued, seeing that it was annoying his navi. Nevertheless, he grabbed the small bit of silicon and plastic and eased it into the PET, the data read just as his finger touched the surface of the PET with a satisfying click. Yes sir, I'll send the Flameline. No sir, no Wideshot... he muttered, half joking, half bitterly.

Yeah, send the Wideshot... please, mocked Enigma, smiling slightly as the AirRaid radio appeared in his hand. Alpha fighter one, come in, he barked into the radio commandingly.

Roger roger, Enigma ground troop, the pilot retorted sarcastically. Watch the manners, sir.

Just kill the damn Bashers, Enigma snorted, having been unaware of the pilot eavesdropping on him. He accepted the chip request for the Wideshot as soon as Ceres had slotted it in, hefting the light blue cylinder experimentally and beginning to aim at the Megalians. Meanwhile, the fighter jet was becoming visible on the horizon as Ceres became subject to a bout of snickering at Enigma's expense. Ignoring both entities, he chose instead to focus on the Megalians, lining up all three roughly in the Wideshot's sights. Knowing that this shot would be more important than all of the rest focused on the weird floating aliens, he fired, watching the blue burst expand outwards as it sped towards the auras of similar element. Flameline! he shouted as the jet swooped down from above, raining bullets down upon the Bashers mercilessly. Covering his eyes instinctively, he took a step forward and braced himself as a wave of dust from the pilot's low descent swept over him. Ceres obliged quickly, throwing all regard for manners to the wind as he slotted in the second wide-targeting chip.

Get ready for another run at the Bashers, Enigma advised into the radio, grabbing his next weapon as he spoke. It was another cylinder, though it was longer and thinner than the Wideshot. Laying it on the ground carefully in line with the Megalians, he grabbed a handful of his own data and put it on the ground next to the Flameline. Confident that the artificial fuel would be enough to have the fire engulf all three enemies, he activated the chip, standing back as the wall of fire rushed forwards along the ground. Cautiously, he took a few steps backwards, not really sure what his enemies were capable of. Hey, should I just try to get out of the way of stuff, or do you have an idea? he called up to the operator.

Nah, I have an idea, responded Ceres quickly. Here-- he started, then gave up on communication and just slotted in another two chips simultaneously.

Two? I said I wanted to take it careful-- protested Enigma, but the Areagrab had already begun to take its effect, and before he could finish his sentence, he had already been teleported behind the Megalians in a halo of purple data. Sighing, he activated the next chip manually, forced into a slightly better mood as he saw the Widesword. Aww, just what I wanted! he laughed, swinging the hilt of the sword out to his right to unsheath the brilliantly green blade with an appropriate noise. Taking a step towards the Megalians and bringing the sword up and to his left across his torso, Enigma brought it down across all three with a violent slashing motion, leaving a visible trail of where the sword had gone still lingering where he had attacked. Darting backwards, and now sufficiently nervous, Enigma eyed his enemies suspiciously, ready for whatever counter-attack that might be thrown at him.

Hold onto that sword, you can probably finish things up with it as well, suggested Ceres. That and the Dash, probably.

Yeah, replied Enigma absentmindedly, rather occupied with not getting deleted. Ceres continued to plot as Enigma waited for the next moment to strike.

=-=-=

Enigma.EXE [Widesword]
HP: 140
1: AirRaid1 Activation
2: Wideshot > MegalianA-1, MegalianA-2, MegalianA-3 [60 [color=blue]Aqua[/color] DMG, 3 Targets]
3: Flameline1 > MegalianA-3, MegalianA-2, MegalianA-1 [70 [color=red]Fire[/color] DMG, 3 Targets, acc. boost]
4: Areagrab > Behind Megalians
5: Widesword > MegalianA-1, MegalianA-2, MegalianA-3 [80 DMG, 3 targets with good RP]

Data Influx: Ready!
Data Vampirism: Ready!
Data Solidification: Ready!
Data Augmentation: Used with Flameline.
Fluctuating Nature: Directed forwards (entire time).

AirRaid1
HP: 100
1: Machine gun fire > BasherB [10 DMG x 10 Shots]
= Bump! :O =
((Really wasn't the best idea to teleport just in front of the Bashers...))

The wideshot successfully destroyed the Magalian's protective auras, leaving them bare in defense. The next was the accuracy assisted Flameline, heading straight at the viruses. The tower of fire burned nicely with the virus, but the Magalians threw a desperate fuss by firing their heads at Enigma. The navi was able to evade the two, but the third one easily broke through his defense and stroke the navi's shoulder.

The navi's next choice wasn't what Enigma and his operator hasn't hoped for. His Widesword attack was a success, however, it only left the navi wide open for a shot. The AirRaid attempted to stop the virus from attacking, but it was too late as the searing cannon fired at Enigma and destroyed a large chunk of the terrain as well.

-FRONT-
Magalian-A1: DELETED
Magalian-A2: DELETED
Magalian-A3: DELETED

-BEHIND FRONT-
BasherA: 120 HP
BasherB: 20 HP
BasherC: 120 HP

Terrain: 50% Cracked (scattered), 50% Normal

Enigma.exe: 50 HP [Fluctuating Nature Broken]
= Oops. Well, I didn't really know what they did EITHER. xD

Apart from that: Do want Magnum... =

Enigma let out a small gasp as the Megalian skull collided jarringly with his shoulder, tearing a large hole in what was already a loose structure. Wincing as he glanced over at the wound, he was grateful to notice that his Widesword hand was still unscathed, leaving his offensive abilities intact. Before he could finish the job, though, the Bashers decided to attack, and their blazing combo blast left a hole about six inches in diameter straight through from his back to his chest. Unable to restrain himself, Enigma let out a pained roar, whipping around angrily to face the adversaries with no regard for his own well-being.

Enigma! Heal yourself first, don't atta- started Ceres, but Enigma had already begun sprinting at his last enemies, ignoring his operator entirely. Dammit, listen to me!

Sir, orders? the pilot requested, seeing as he still had a sizable amount of fuel left in his tank.

Shoot the strong ones, growled Enigma into the radio. Arriving at the Bashers, Enigma was already winding up his sword, bringing it back behind his head for a possibly fatal strike. His eyes flared a dangerous crimson for a split second, reminiscent of his alternate .GMO, but quickly returned to indigo as he swung the sword downwards and across the group of viruses. The green blade was still leaving a trail where it had been swung, and across a span of about five seconds, around a dozen more of those blazing trail-lines appeared as Enigma flailed the sword back and forth mercilessly. He wasn't anywhere near finished by the time his air support had swooped in for help, but the sound of an approaching engine woke him up from his killing mentality, if only slightly. Stepping back to let the pilot take his shots and zoom away, he jumped right back into the fray, getting a few more good slices in before taking a deep breath and de-activating the sword.

What do you think you are?! demanded Ceres, pounding his fist on the table. Some kind of cyber-berserker!?

Oh, I'm so sorry, snarled Enigma, the remnants of his shoulder screaming in pain as he tried to make an angry gesture at his operator. Should I just stay back and heal the entire time? Make sure I never take a single hit?

Well, you are a recovery navi, Ceres sneered, his expression sliding right from wrath to smugness.

Exactly. So send me the Bighammer, responded Enigma in a shaky voice, obviously restraining his anger in an attempt to end the quarrel. Meanwhile, he formed a small ball with what was left of his excess data and carefully pressed it into his shoulder. The data seamlessly merged with him, making him look and feel brand-new.

For what? To attack the dust? muttered Ceres snidely, determined to have the last word. Nevertheless, he shoved the chip into his PET irritably, crossing his arms to ease back into a sulk. Deciding to ignore the comment, Enigma quickly converted the hammer to usable data and shaped it into a cylinder. Less cautiously than before, he grabbed the cylinder and eased it into place before shoving it into the hole where the Bashers had attacked him. Making a sound something like "RRRAGGGGHHH," he rubbed his eyes with the bases of his hands tiredly once the pain and reparation were complete.

Much better...

=-=-=

Enigma.EXE
HP: 50 [[color=green]+125 HP[/color]]
1: Widesword > BasherA, BasherB, BasherC [80 DMG, up to 3 targets with good RP, acc boost]
2: Widesword > BasherC, BasherB, BasherA [80 DMG, up to 3 targets with good RP]
3: Widesword > BasherC, BasherB, BasherA [80 DMG, up to 3 targets with good RP]
4: Data Influx > Self [[color=green]+45 HP[/color]]
5: Recov Subtype Ability: Convert > Bighammer [[color=green]+80 HP[/color]]

Data Influx: Just used. Ready in 2 turns.
Data Augmentation: Used with first Widesword attack.
Fluctuating Nature: BROKEN

AirRaid1
HP: 100
1: Machine gun fire > BasherA (or whoever may be alive) [10 DMG x 10 Shots]
= Bump. =
= Bump. =
= Bump 3, day 4. =
The navi relentlessly attacked the remaining viruses, it wasn't going to go down without a fight. After the first slash, the weakened Basher was destroyed, but the two remaining one simultaneously fired at Enigma, whom barely survived the attack, thanks to the help of the undershirt.

In blind rage, Enigma swung his sword even faster and shredded the virus into dusts...

-FRONT-
Magalian-A1: DELETED
Magalian-A2: DELETED
Magalian-A3: DELETED

-BEHIND FRONT-
BasherA: DELETED
BasherB: DELETED
BasherC: DELETED

Terrain: 50% Cracked (scattered), 50% Normal

Enigma.exe: 126 HP

-BATTLE WON!-
[AuraHead1] Battlechip + 300z
Letting out a sharp intake of breath, Enigma whistled in a suggestively low tone. That was close, he offered, hoping Ceres would take the bait and the conflict would be behind them.

Yeah... Ceres muttered, closing his eyes and leaning back in his chair. Why do I always let him worry me so much?

Shrugging, Enigma picked up his reward data cautiously, picking one part of it out to show to his operator. Chip, he announced with a nervous grin. Ceres replied with a hesitant and fake-seeming smile, nodding at his navi.

It's not like anything mind-blowingly terrible happens if he gets EJO'd...

As Ceres pondered deeply, Enigma decided to push further into Netopia Net.

= Battle 4, please. =
= Bump. Please hurry, I want to get a last battle in before round 2 starts. =
= Bump. =
"HALT"

Read the sign that happens to pop just in front of Enigma.

With a sudden spontaneous colorful explosion, five figures appeared before the navi. The five viruses' colors were all sorted out from red, blue, yellow, green, and pink, holding off a "x" pose towards Enigma. It was somewhat amusing, but there was two more figures just besides the colorful viruses, simply staring...

TwinsA: 100
N.O-1 EXA: 120
N.O-1 EXB: 120
N.O-1 EXC: 120
N.O-1 EXD: 120
N.O-1 EXE: 120
TwinsB: 100

Terrain: 100% Normal

Enigma.exe: 126 HP

-BATTLE FOUR, START!-
As Enigma walked towards the newest group of viruses, his head felt oddly light. Not physically light, but almost as though he was slipping in and out of focus. Groaning, and again rubbing his palms in his eyes blearily, he attempted to regain concentration. C'mon, snap out of it, you have a tournament to fight! he snarled inwardly.

Uh... 'nigma? Ceres asked quietly, looking at his PET as if it had sprouted three arms and a couple of eyes.

Yeah, I know, I think the Bashers knocked something out of place... Enigma replied quickly, knowing it was a stupid excuse.

No, I... don't think that's it, said Ceres in return, seeming to have trouble picking the right words. It doesn't look like you're gonna do much more healing though.

What? Enigma frowned, suddenly fixing all of his attention to his operator. Why, what's up?

Apparently something changed. The chip conversion won't work anymore, I don't think, Ceres responded distantly, already bringing up search windows to see what was wrong with his navi. You... you don't just have a virus. According to the PET, well, you are the virus, Ceres said slowly, a tone of fear edging into his voice.

What?! Enigma demanded, completely failing to care about the viruses at this point. Why, what's it say?

Word for word, started Ceres, Subtype altered successfully! Your new subtype is: Bug.

Maybe it's something wrong with the PET, Enigma began, a twinge of nervousness diluting his judgement for a split second before coming up with a plan. Let's try busting like normal, see if anything goes wrong, he suggested.

Well, I don't know what N.O's are, laughed Ceres hesitantly.

I bet they just block for those fatty Twins, Enigma replied confidently. Send the Dash and some spreading chips, let's finish 'em off fast.

Fair enough, Ceres nodded, his temperament seemingly returning to normal. Dash, Flameline, and Wideshot, coming up.

Enigma nodded in reply and grabbed the chip data for the Dash from the air, nearly activating it before stopping suddenly. This... doesn't feel right, he thought, conflicted.

What's up? Ceres queried, also anxious to see what would happen next.

N... nothing, Enigma muttered, shaking his head and activating the chip. He was right; something was weird about the chip. As the Fishy formed from his excess data, just like usual, it seemed to be assembled more slowly and sloppily than usual, leaving many gaping holes in its structure -- very similar, in fact, to that of Enigma. Frowning, and immediately severing all ties to the summoned virus, he took a few steps to observe the chip data. Although it was severely flawed in structural completion, just like him, it seemed to constantly warp rather than flux, the point of instability constantly changing. One moment, the Fishy would expand outwards as if pushed by something in the center of it, while in the next it would be curving to the left. It was like someone toying with Photoshop tools, except it was constant and entirely random. It left just like normal, however, targeting the selected viruses just like it was supposed to.

Ceres voiced the opinions of both himself and Enigma with a simple What. Enigma nodded twice in agreement, seemingly afraid of activating his next chips. The curiosity proved too much for him, though; he simply had to use it. Disappointingly enough for him, the Flameline formed just like any other, and Enigma aimed it at the ground with an attitude like that of a child promised ice cream but later denied. Again, just like a normal attack, the fire spread outwards towards a Twin and some N.O. viruses, helped along by some of Enigma's own data. Sighing, he turned to his right and activated the Wideshot, hefting the blue cylinder upwards and firing it at the other Twin and N.O.'s with nary a flourish.

Oh well. I wonder if the Dash did anything diff-- Enigma began, before disappearing into thin air.

What? Enigma? SHI- Ceres cried, taken completely aback by his navi's sudden disappearance. A few seconds later, however, he re-appeared behind the viruses, breathing heavily.

Wh... What the hell, C-Ceres... he gasped, clutching at his chest. Realizing that he wouldn't be able to get rid of whatever was in side him by clawing at it with the puny humanoid form, he sucked himself back up into an indigo sphere, hovering a good foot or two off the ground and the same distance in diameter. The orb floated jerkily, making Enigma's distress apparent as it swung itself back and forth to try and relieve his pain. After ten seconds or so of flailing back and forth, Enigma was deposited very much prone on the ground back in his human appearance. Getting up on one knee with a wince, looking scrappy as ever, Enigma suddenly roared in shock and pain as his chest was rent open by a giant black ball of data. Although they were replaced almost immediately by spare data, many blackened pixels could be seen where the ball had left, and Enigma wondered what the entity would do.

One hell of a glitch... Ceres muttered ironically, crossing his arms and watching curiously.

=-=-=

Enigma.EXE
HP: 126
1: GLitChed Dash > N.O-1 A through E [[b]RANDOM[/b] DMG, up to 5 targets]
2: Flameline1 > TwinsA, N.O-1A, N.O-1B [70 [color=red]Fire[/color] DMG, up to 3 targets]
3: Wideshot > TwinsB, N.O-1E, N.O-1D [60 [color=blue]Aqua[/color] DMG, up to 3 targets]
4: Areagrab > Behind (line?) of enemies [Dodge/tactical movement]
5: Error [[i]G[/i]LitCh x1]

Data Influx: Ready!
Error: Just used. Ready turn after next.
Virus: Ready!
Data Augmentation: Used with Flameline.
Fluctuating Nature: Directed forwards.
= Seems like nobody wants to deal with Glitch, eh? =