Melee and Mieli's Romp Through Netopia

((Apologies. Too much schoolwork to really be doing this. Eon, I'll send you a statsheet of sorts for Dial in a little bit.))
"Get off me, you insufferable lout!" cried out Dial, struggling to get the now extremely durable Meleeman off himself. He was firmly caught, and looked a slight bit panicked, as he realized that this navi was probably called 'Meleeman' for a reason.

"Maybe I should let you two have a bit of alone time," Mieli gasped out as she stumbled backward. The pillar of energy certainly hadn't done her any good as she waved a hand distractedly, engulfing Meleeman in a cloud of healing light as she teleported a bit back, removing her sufficiently from the fight in order to recuperate.

"Get off!" The clocks began spinning, and arrived at the number twelve, and Meleeman felt himself--- more like little pings off his now iron body go to the sum of a very low amount of damage.

Dial gulped slightly, his adam's apple going up and down like a nervous rooster's head.

There was a bit of high pitched laughter in the background from Mieli, who had summoned a rockcube and was resting amiably behind it.

________
Summary
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

---Allies---
Meleeman: 259 HP (Holding Dial)
Mieli: 90 HP (On edge of room, 7 moves away)

---Enemy?---
Dial: 1160 HP [HOLD]

--Objects--
Needle: Destroyed

---Terrain---
Normal: 100%

---Battlefield Dimensions (For reference)---
Cylindrical, 7 panel diameter, 4 rockcubes height
"Haha... Ha ha ha!" MeleeMan laughed, grinning down with an ominous shadow cast over his face, his shoulders hunched as he bore down powerfully upon the enemy navi. "Feel my grip? Those hands on your shoulders are the most perfect weapons in the world. Attempting to break out at this point is useless!" he snarled around his teeth, his mouth set hard into a wide grin.

Turning his attention away from the navi but keeping his eyes, hidden behind his thick visor, set hard onto Dial's face. "Rania, send me the Lava Zone. Mieli, you've got a cube, climb up on top of it. You're not going to want to be on the ground when this thing goes off," he rasped, his fingers tensing even harder than before.

"Lavazone? Won't you sink if you try to use something like that with your current weight?" Rania asked, dubious. She was determined to wait for a good answer before slotting in the dangerous chip.

MeleeMan guffawed, then stopped, momentarily unsure of his conviction. Shrugging slightly (his shoulders were already tensed pretty high as it was), he muttered, "Well I'm pretty sure I can breath under lava."

"Breath under lava? You do realize it's not like 'fire-elemental water?' It's not that simple..." Rania asked, dumbfounded. "He says it like burning to death was no concern at all..." she thought, slotting in the chip. "Well at least I don't think it can hurt him..."

"Rania, I drink lava and crap molten magma," MeleeMan laughed, still not releasing either grip for the bomb. Rania tried to get that disturbing mental image out of her head as MeleeMan braced his legs, gritting his teeth with exertion. With a mighty roar, he almost visibly exerted his force against the ground, causing lava to bubble outward from his location in a wide radius. Clenching his teeth again, he brought back his head, then slammed it down to try to bring Dial down into the lava. He tensed every muscle in his arms and tried to drive the navi in farther to the sea of red. If all went successfully, he would soon be sinking beneath the magma with Dial, giving him both an advantage of terrain, but also making it impossible for Dial to drag Mieli into the battle.

Rania watched anxiously. It'd be much harder to follow the battle if MeleeMan did indeed submerge himself and his foe, due to the decreased visibility of her own monitor, so she could only watch in frightened anticipation and pray that MeleeMan knew what he was getting himself in to.

1) Close distance by sprinting
2) Close distance by sprinting
3) Mighty Clutch to Dial [hold and ironbody self]
4) Lavazone to area around MeleeMan
5) Concussion Buster to Dial [100 damage + stun]
Meleeman's assumption that he can't burn in lava turns out to be right. However, Rania's interjection that it is indeed not 'fire elemental water' turns out to be wrong. He can see fine. He can also see Dial fine, as Dial continues to struggle under the water, taking the punch to the stomach-- not very manly-like, crumpling and inhaling lava, which probably doesn't do anything good for his health.

As the pair continue to sink into the lava, Dial pelts Meleeman with more attacks, each of them pinging off his metal armor, but it quickly disintegrates and vanishes, leaving him exposed to the face of Dial's hits.

Most of them simply do nothing to him, but a couple hit him as his armor disappears, damaging him slightly. From his angle of view, Meleeman can't see Mieli, but he can see Dial, who has broken out of his grip and is trying to swim for the surface desperately.

________
Summary
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

---Allies---
Meleeman: 239 HP [Two moves away from Dial]
Mieli: ?? HP [Cannot be Seen]

---Enemy?---
Dial: 1010 HP [Fleeing in an attempt to get out of the lava]

--Objects--

---Terrain---
Normal: 70% Lava: 30%

"Rrrgh... Grah!" MeleeMan heaved under the lava. The substance had been a lot more fluid than even he had expected, but it gave him the chilling feeling of swimming underwater, which conflicted with the warm sensation of the lava surrounding him. He gritted his teeth, turning his head up towards Dial and bending his body awkwardly, sweeping forward with both arms to try to catch up to his opponent. Swimming was not his strong suit, however, and it seemed as though he had little chance of catching back up with the nobleman.

Rania was quite surprised that MeleeMan's plan to pull his enemy under had gone off without a hitch, but even more surprised that the visibility was still basically perfect. The task was more like looking at her navi through a red-tinted glass than trying to get a glimpse of him surrounded by chunky, red-hot lava. Still, she was worried when she saw how frantically the enemy navi was fighting back, especially because MeleeMan had not dodged any of the attacks. "Are you alright? It doesn't look like you sustained much damage... I guess I can thank Mieli for that," she continued, surprised at how long she was able to go on without an interjection from him. As he made several rude gestures, it became obvious to her that her navi did not remember he could turn on a link to his private thoughts, and thus was without any means of communication with her while underwater.

Cupping his fingers, MeleeMan made a hand motion something like a "C" shape, then thrust it towards Dial twice. Seeing that she still didn't get the message, he made another motion with his other fist as though it were being attracted to the C, then locking into place.

"Oh, the magbolt," Rania finally understood, slotting in the chip for her navi. She could guess what MeleeMan would request once that was through, so she went ahead and ran through every firehit in her folder, uploading them all for her navi's usage.

MeleeMan grinned, pleased that his operator had read the message properly, even if it took her a while. "Heeburblwarble," he started, then realized that he still couldn't throw out his taunts properly under the burning "fire-elemental water." His grin fell into a disappointed frown; it wasn't as much fun if his enemy didn't understand why he was being beaten senseless, but he supposed he couldn't look gift violence in the mouth. Growling, he stopped swimming momentarily to try to draw his opponent to himself with his magbolt. "Achich-dammublub!" he started, trying as hard as he could to recite his utterly botched remembrance of the "chicken and the frying pan" insult, which didn't really go like he thought it did or fit the situation.

Rania's eyebrows twitched as she realized that operating MeleeMan under lava was probably preferable to operating him above it. She made a mental note to remember to utilize the strategy more often in the future.

Assuming that Dial got over to him, MeleeMan planned to beat him senselessly. His fists burned, desperate for that barbaric, savage satisfaction that came from ruthlessly pummeling a man's head in with one's fists. "Come to papa," the navi chuckled to himself, wanting to say it out loud but remembering the stifling effect of the lava.

1) Magbolt1 to Dial [90 + stun]

--TURN SPLICE AGAIN LOL--
[will mod--- today technically.]
"MHURGOLEMA!" The babbled bubbles come out of Dial's mouth as he speeds up time. Meleeman feels himself become faster as well, but it doesn't really matter. Dial swims for the surface, burning all the while, but continually comes backward two steps for each step he takes forward. Finally, Dial is dragged back into the Magbolt, where he twitches a lot, writhing involuntarily because of the discharge into the small of his back.

Shocks aren't very healthy.

Mieli is still unseen.

________
Summary
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

---Allies---
Meleeman: 239 HP [Right next to Dial.]

---Enemy?---
Dial: 910 HP [Stun1]

--Objects--

---Terrain---

"Hmrah mrah mrahahaha!" MeleeMan cackled ruefully, dragging his enemy down with him as best as he could. He was glad that he could still manage something like a laugh with all of this tingly red kool-aid surrounding him. He felt that the magnet had sunk into the lower arch of his enemy's back. "Perfect. I was worried I'd get something like his foot and then be left with no way to get my arms up to him, but this puts me at just about the right point to crack his scrawny stick of a spine in two." He brought back his fist, preparing to crush his enemy's bones to dust, then realized that the chance of success would probably be a lot higher if he got a weapon first.

"But how do I show Rania that I mean 'Firehit?'" he thought to himself, nearly choking as he realized he'd have to go through another ridiculous game of charades. "If only there were some easily recognizable motion for that..."

Rania watched on anxiously, fully expecting her navi to proceed forward with simply snapping the opponent in two. Unfortunately, he wasn't proceeding, so she shifted her attention back to his face, giving her full concentration as she tried to interpret his pantomiming.

MeleeMan's face adopted a serious frown, as he set his jaw for the tough work ahead of him. First, he balled his hand up into the shape of a fist. He rose it up to make sure she'd seen it, then proceeded to point his index finger outward, indicating the spot that he'd grabbed on to Dial's lower back. He finished by curling his fingers back inward, thrusting his arm back and forth to indicate a punch, then contorting his face into a look of horrific terror as his vertebrae theoretically gave way to snapping pressure, causing his upper body to float grotesquely to the surface of the lava.

Rania nodded in agreement, slotting in the chips. She thought he'd overdone it a little with the face. "I'm not so stupid that I don't know he's going to be in pain when he's punched," she responded, crossing her arms irritably.

MeleeMan shrugged, not particularly caring. He thought to himself that over his course of netbattling and virus busting, he'd found quite a few people who apparently didn't realize how painful being punched could be. "Hell, I got one strapped to a magnet right now, don't I?" he thought to himself, as he wound back to deliver the punch. He knew he'd wasted too much time playing charades with his operator already, so he didn't waste any time with theatrics. Three times, he shot forward his arm for his enemy's spine, fully expecting that Dial's bones would give way to the force he was pumping into them. He couldn't tell if the firehits had come in or not, since it was all so natural to him at this point.

At that point, he figured it'd be best just to let go, duck to the side, and survey the damage. He didn't want his enemy to start thrashing; that'd just be embarrassing.

2) Firehit1 to Dial [75]
3) Firehit1 to Dial [75]
4) Firehit1 to Dial [75]
5) Dodge
Dial takes the punches to the stomach like a not-very-manly-man, and makes a gurgling noise underwater as he would have gone 'oomph' with the wind knocked out of him repeatedly. Mieli is nowhere to be found, as Meleeman can't see her, but Dial quickly keeps attacking Meleeman, which results in some small wounds on Meleeman's person, but nothing serious. Suddenly, some rockcubes fall into the lava. From the confused look on Dial's face, it doesn't seem that he ordered them.
________
Summary
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

---Allies---
Meleeman: 229 HP [Right next to Dial.]

---Enemy?---
Dial: 635 HP

--Objects--
RockcubeA: 200
RockcubeB: 200
RockcubeC: 200

---Terrain---

"Heavily injured will just have to do, though I was really getting into that snapped in half imagery," MeleeMan thought to himself with a frown, still swimming after the nobleman. As he swept forward with both arms, he noticed rockcubes sinking into the water around him quickly. "Rock... cubes..." he thought to himself, his eyes narrowing behind his visor as he surveyed the position of the plummeting objects.

"Rockcubes! MeleeMan, with those, you can-!" Rania started, then was cut off by a loud burst of air escaping MeleeMan's throat. The navi cocked his head sarcastically, waving one hand in the air and apparently mocking the cubes, trying to call them "useless" or "lame" with little success due to his status of being underneath molten lava. Rania shook her head irritably, eager to explain the usefulness of the tools that Mieli had provided her navi. "You can propel these objects through the water, er, lava I mean, by punching them with your fist! It'll take something like a Gutspunch, but I think it'll have a lot of force behind it," she reasoned with him.

Hearing the words "punching them with your fist," MeleeMan's interest was peaked, and he began to warm up to the plan slowly but surely. Getting to each of the cubes before they sank out of reach would be no easy task. MeleeMan began to realize he would actually need to think of a way to propel himself through the water more quickly, bring the cubes to himself, or something, anything, to make up for his inability to swim at lightning speeds.

"I know what you're thinking and I've got a plan," Rania smiled, finally defeating their long reliance on miming skills. She slotted in the gutpunch, but then slotted in the yo-yo to follow it up. "Alright, you can use your own strength to position yourself to hit one block. Try to angle it so you can hit the enemy navi; remember, use the strategy of imagining where your enemy's going to be, not where he is."

MeleeMan groaned inwardly at the audacity of his operator, acting as though he wouldn't realize such a simple facet of netbattling.

"Next, use the yo-yo to try to hook another block, then fling it up towards that guy!" she finished, so used to the pantomime that she couldn't help fluidly expressing her plan with her arms.

The navi didn't complain; overall, it sounded like a smart, yet relatively manly idea. Going for all three would be impossible for him, he realized, but he thought to himself that two out of three wasn't so bad. Swimming into position behind one rockcube, he readied the tight, powerful fist chip onto one hand, then smacked the flat side of the cube with Herculean strength. Not waiting for results, he readied the yo-yo on his other arm, then attempted to use it to hook another cube to use as a projectile. If all went well, he'd send that one flying forward like he had tried to send the other.

All of this left him perfectly in his good wits to counter anything Dial could think up. "Why can't she think of more strategies that involve just hitting things?" the navi thought to himself, rubbing his chin thoughtfully with his thumb and index finger.

1) Swim behind one rockcube
2) Gutspunch first cube towards Dial (???)
3) Hook another cube with Yo-Yo1
4) Gutspunch second cube towards Dial (???)
5) Dodge
Meleeman's technique works to great effect as the other navi is massacred by giant flying rocks propelled by the power of fist. In any case, it would be safe to say that it looks like Dial has been taken down several notches, as he's nearly unconscious, and his arms are moving just to propel him slightly upward. He's a ridiculously easy target, and near-helpless. Will Meleeman finish him? Mug him? Leave him to his fate in the lava?

________
Summary
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

---Allies---

---Enemy?---
Dial: 185HP

--Objects--

---Terrain---

MeleeMan laughed triumphantly, his eyes flaming brightly behind his metal visor. "Game over, chump! I've got this one in the bag, one ball in the side pocket," he thought to himself, swimming for Dial. Working his legs as hard as he could to build speed, he attempted to ram the navi along with himself. His vision was entirely obscured as he just kept plunging forward, trying with all his might to carry himself and his opponent out of the lava.

Rania watched for his approach with eager eyes, anticipating his dramatic burst out of the lava. She was on the edge of her seat, feeling all of the tension that her navi was. It was a sight for her to behold, but she hadn't forgotten the mission either. "MeleeMan, good job! Keep moving up to the top! You're almost there!" she cheered as every passerby gave her an awkward glance. A few had gathered around to watch the ascension themselves, cheering MeleeMan on vigorously, despite not knowing his name. He was mistaken for more various super heroes than he could count, but that didn't stop his motivation.

Bursting out from the lava, MeleeMan stood up immediately. The red hot substance dripped off of his body, forming a steaming pile at his feet upon the surface of the clock-room's paneling. He vaguely thought to himself that if this all worked out, there was little way he'd have enough energy left to smash every clock in Dial's net-clock-emporium.

MeleeMan reminded himself quickly that the spineless pansy wasn't done yet, but then again, neither was he. The navi took a quick moment to check if he'd carried his prey out with him...

1) Try to catch Dial with arm and swim back to normal panels

--TURN SPLICE AAAARGH--
Meleeman succeeds in herculean attempt, and Dial spends his time coughing up lava as smoke drifts off him. Not a pretty sight, to say the least as bits of lava drip off him.

"Meleeman, you didn't die-- Dial didn't die either?" Mieli says, somewhat suprised as her usually sardonic tone changes as a result of her astonishment.

Dial continues coughing.
________
Summary
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

---Allies---
Mieli: 135 HP [3 Movements away]

---Enemy?---
Dial: 175HP

--Objects--

---Terrain---

Everyone present celebrated uproariously as Rania's navi successfully tackled his target up onto land, emerging like a glistening man-god from a sea of flame. Rania herself celebrated more than anyone; it was like a dream come true. MeleeMan had used all of his physical strength to apprehend a foe in possession of insidious intent. Now all that it seemed to her was left was for him to pick up the frilly navi by his frilly collar and ask him what he was doing with all of the clocks, why Mieli was looking for him... All of the mystery would finally come to an end.

Her eyes were practically burning with intensity as her navi stood staring down at the enemy. What would happen next? Would he go through with it and finally get the answers? Maybe... Maybe he was even waiting for her encouragement or praise? "Good job, MeleeMan! Great job! Excellent!" she praised him, her lower lip trembling with emotion. "Now we can learn everything, why we've been on this hunt, why he gathered all of these clocks! This is the moment we've been waiting for!" she sniffled, her heart swelling with pride at the praise the people gathered around her were giving her navi.

"Yeah. This is it alright," he smirked, looking at her slyly over his shoulder, hot red liquid still dripping from his lower neck.

"This is it!" she reiterated, waiting anxiously with both fists tightly clenched underneath her chin.

MeleeMan dived back into the lava.

"MeleeMan...?" Rania asked, dumbfounded. Her navi was swimming back into the red pool just as eagerly as he'd jumped in. She vaguely heard him mention something like a rageclaw. Before she could stop herself, she'd slotted it in. "MeleeMan...?" she repeated.

Gritting his teeth, MeleeMan snatched his arms around one of the rockcubes he'd slung at Dial. It had sunk deep, and he'd had to go back deep to retrieve it. "Worth it, he reminded himself, slinging the rock strongly up to the surface with both arms. He emerged back up at the surface, licking his lips with satisfaction. The rockcube had embedded itself upright in the ground, sunk in at one corner. He gripped his arms back around it hard, lifting it up with both hands.

The shadow he cast across the ground over dial reflected upon the faces of everyone watching the PET. "This guy ain't got any motives worth listening to. Bugs should crawl back under their rocks," MeleeMan snarled, heaving the heavy object into the air above his head. The crowd gasped as the rock plummeted back down towards the navi. Several children covered their eyes. One guy had to turn away entirely. Rania watched on with the same hapless anxiety. To everyone present, she seemed to have frozen.

2) Swim down for Rockcube
3) Use RageClaw to throw a Rockcube back up
4) Swim back up
5) Rockcube smash to Dial [???]
"Uhm. Well, I guess you did your job." Mieli said, glancing at Meleeman weirdly before handing him something and jacking out. Dial's data slowly disintegrated. The building began shaking as it started to fall apart around him. Now might be a good time to jack out.

REWARD (Includes mission fees): 6500z, Mindbender
MeleeMan slapped his hands together, then hit both shoulders, then rose his fists into the air. "Victory!" he roared, flexing proudly.

Rania, in the mean time, was trying as quickly as she could to jack him out and leave the terminal. "You know MeleeMan, you're really an idiot some times," she snapped at him, shoving the PET back into her pocket.

MeleeMan's muffled voice immediately emitted from her pants; she hadn't remembered to turn the PET off or anything. "What are you talking about? That was grade A gold! I barely even took a scratch and I knocked that guy's block off, pardon the expression," he laughed triumphantly.

The operator groaned, dragging him back out and switching the PET off. She didn't even want to buy him upgrades, but she'd feel bad using the money for anything else after MeleeMan spent all that time fighting. "But first, we'd better go report in. I hope they don't ask for the details," she muttered with a sigh, logging on to the first terminal she found.

((Jacking out from here))