Two skates, one net

The network shared by Stephen's rollerblades, the only thing usually found here was usually basic operating programs that controlled cruising speed and brakes, along with an interesting GPS assisted pedometer. However, while mechanically Stephen kept them in pristine condition, the network itself hasn't been so much as glanced at in months.

A monochrome blur appeared within the network, with Jayge having jacked in, his data synchronising with the on-board server at a far slower pace than most PET's would allow. His body defined eventually, and he scanned about the network wearily, his visor set over his eyes and whirring gently to compensate for the distances he was trying to look over.

"How's it look in there?" Stephen asked through his PET, a note of concern evident in his voice.

"Anyone would think you cared more for these than you did for me." Jayge huffed, "It looks clear now, but I'll take a wander around, just in case.

As always, he was taking his job seriously. At least Stephen could be thankful of that small mercy.

Jayge checked his buster, firing a test round from the Splinter Pulse at the ground to test that it still worked, and sure enough, the pale violet bolt shattered against the network floor in front of him. He smiled approvingly, then walked on deeper into the network, half-expecting the worst, but also revelling in being free from the damaged PET, if only for a short while.

((I'm hoping I've not done something stupid already, but I'll try not to slow things down. Let's see if I understand this system yet :3 ))
Jayge walked around a bit to find some viruses, and found some opposition to fight! Some cannon turrets were spinning around, seemingly bored from the lack of Navis to delete.

Well, care to oblige?

CanodumbA: 50HP
CanodumbB: 50HP
CanodumbC: 50HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

Jayge.EXE: 100HP

-INTRO BATTLE SANS METOOLS, FIGHT!!-
"Oh, of all the luck." Jayge sighed, prepping and loading his buster. "Hey boss-man, I don't suppose you've got the chips ready yet have you? I'll be in trouble soon."

"Oh shi- gimme a sec or two, I'll find them now." Stephen's rushed voice sounded from the outside world, followed by the small bashings and thumpings of many a scattered object being scattered further in search.

"...Fine, I'll play with them a while, just get a freaking move on." Jayge raised his buster with an internal grumble for his operator's incompetence and ran towards the turrets, until he got in range to start firing, at which point he fired a single round at the closest enemy. He skidded to a halt a short distance away from the turrets, and let his optical lens focus out, watching the other two cannons. Any sign of them training on his position, and he'd be more than ready to leap out of the way.

Actions:
Buster Shot: CanodumbA (2dmg)
Dodge
Dodge
((For your summary, try using this format: Battlechip/Sig/Action: Target(s) (Chip/Sig description) so, for your summary it would look like this:

ACTIONS:
Buster Shot: CanodumbA (2dmg)
Dodge
Dodge ))
((edited, and cheers, I'll stick to this from here on ^^;))
Jayge wasn't about to fight the Canodumbs just yet, but just to mess around with them, he let out a little feint shot towards one Canodumb, alerting them to his presence. They spun around their cannon barrels to meet him, and let out a full barrage of shots. However, Jayge was prepared, and moved out of the way in an instant.

CanodumbA: 48HP
CanodumbB: 50HP
CanodumbC: 50HP

"They've gotten faster..." Jayge muttered, taking a brief reprieve from his near frantic dodging to regain his bearings.
"Any luck on those chips yet?"

"Just found them! Under the freakin' sofa, of all places." Stephen's response did little to reassure the NetNavi's confidence in his abilities.
"Which one did you want?"

"The RageClaw! For the love of...send me the rageclaw!" Jayge's snapped, losing his temper for but a moment.

"Easy, easy. It's on it's way." Stephen said lowly as he inserted the chip into his PET in the 'real' world. He was wondering if he should give the NetNavi a vacation or something...

"This won't take long." Jayge grinned now, as the heavy RageClaw materialised over his hand. His momentary anger cooled by the prospect of a good challenge. He flexed his blade-covered fingers for a moment, to get a feel for the unusual weight, then leaned forward and dashed towards the cannons.

Jayge first grabbed for the underside of the nearest turret's barrel with his 'normal' arm, grabbing at the turret's neck with his claw and crushing it with the powerful attachment, so that the actual cannon part separated from the rest. He then picked up the detached cannon with both arms and hurled it at the next turret, hoping for the best case scenario of taking it out in the process, or at worst case at least provide himself some cover from that foe.

Thinking pessimistically, as of course that wouldn't be enough to protect him from both of the other turrets, and he was too close to them both to dodge effectively now, Jayge skipped around behind the third and final turret, the tiny boosters hidden within the plating of his legs finding some use at last, and lunged for the turret's barrel this time, covering the wide opening with the RageClaw's expansive spread, and once again crushing the cannon's casing. At least this one should backfire and explode in place of peppering him with rounds, he thought, and in due process he made to get some distance from the enemy, trying to keep it between him and the second turret, which would more than likely be recovering by now.

Actions:
RageClaw: CanodumbA(50dmg)
RageClaw-Thrown CanodumbA: CanodumbB(?dmg)
RageClaw: CanodumbC: (50dmg?)

((tried to be a little more inventive, hope I didn't overstep myself ^^; ))
(( Well, for one, you roleplayed actually 'crushing' the cannons, which is, by the book, godmoding. Try not to do it in future, as I'd think the other mods would agree with. Although by all means, I think it's fine for this, since the Canodumbs are immobile and all. >__> Also, RageClaw does 40 damage with a slash and 20 damage with a throw/bitchslap/whatever. ))

Jayge first did something very bold, which was to crush one cannon's main attack part, its barrel, and threw it towards another Canodumb, deleting the thrown barrel-thing and damaging the targeted Canodumb. Then, he went for the third Canodumb, which was about to fire on him, and plugged its barrel like some comical cartoon character. Surprisingly, it actually worked, and the virus' barrel inflated and damaged itself. Pretty cool, this internet physics thing, eh?

CanodumbA: DELETED
CanodumbB: 30HP
CanodumbC: DELETED

((Right, my bad then.))

Jayge cocked his head, no freaking way could that have actually worked, and yet it had.

"Hey operator, send me the shotgun, I'll wrap this up." he said, thanking whatever powers that be for this fortunate turn of events.

"On its way." came the reply, and Jayge held out his arm as the heavy claw de-materialised, and a slightly larger than usual buster reformed in it's place, shotgun round loaded and ready.

Not wanting to waste time now, Jayge simply raised his buster and stepped out from behind the smoking wreck of the second canodumb. He fired one shot, his arm dead level with with the last remaining turret, then stepped back as a habitual precaution, lest the cannon fire before the shotgun round ended it.

Actions:
Take aim: CanodumbB
Shotgun: CanodumbB (50dmg)
Dodge
Not one to waste time anymore, Jayge loaded his Shotgun and blasted the remaining Canodumb to pieces. Then, from the remains of the cannon turrets, the shine of zenny and chip data shined subtly.

CanodumbA: DELETED
CanodumbB: DELETED
CanodumbC: DELETED

Rewards: 160z, [Cannon] Battlechip
((woot! first victory~))
"Nicely done. You've not lost your touch, I see." said Stephen, overlooking the result of the battle through the PET's monitor happily

"No thanks to you...but yes, that did go rather well." Jayge's arm returned to normal as he unequipped the shotgun. "Shall I continue, or jack out now?"

"Your call man, feel up to looking around some more? There's gotta be somethin' in there making the wheels wobble..."

"I'll look for the stabiliser program then, let's keep moving."
And so the NetNavi continued on into the network, feeling a little more confident with his abilities than he had before.
As Jayge rolled across Yoka, he found himself traveling a good distance without encountering any problems...but came across a moat with a small platform on the middle. Upon closer look, there was a small crystal floating on the platform! Without thinking twice, the navi jumped onto to retrieve it, only to find himself surrounded by furious piranhas!

PiranhaA: 60 HP
PiranhaB: 60 HP
PiranhaC: 60 HP

GMD: 20 HP

Terrain: 70% Sea, 30% Normal

Jayge.EXE: 100 HP

-BATTLE TWO, START!-
"...You just had to take the crystal didn't you?" Stephen's voice chided playfully

"Admit it, you were just about to tell me to grab it." Jayge replied smoothly, taking in the situation. He was feeling in a particularly better mood since the earlier battle. "Any advice? We're no taking these guys down in one shot y'know."

"Take a cannon chip, shoot two in the face, keep on your toes as much as possible, have fun. How's that?" The Operator was evidently relieved by is Navi's new-found light heartedness.

"...Too many flaws in that plan...but...that could be a bonus here." Jayge scratched his neck as he thought, an unconscious action, then waited for Stephen to send him the Cannon Battlechip. "Wish me luck..."

Jayge raised his arm even as the cannon was materialising around it and searched for his first target, these Piranhas were hard to see in the water, but he soon picked them out, the lens on his visor whirring actively. He opened fire on the first target that he could see, trying for as level a shot as he could manage without lingering on the same enemy for too long, then turned to fire another shot at the next piranha, once again doing all he could to make his attack count. Jayge then lowered his arm, trying to keep all three of the seaborne foes in his sight, and lowered his stance. He'd need to move quickly if he was going to survive their retaliation, and he thanked his luck so far that he'd had the chance to attack first.

Actions:
Cannon: PiranhaA (40dmg)
Cannon: PiranhaB (40dmg)
Dodge

((uhm, couple of questions if you'll forgive my noob-caeks. Would the cannon battlechip stay equipped until it's replaced, or would I have to use one chip per attack? For example, would this turn have used two Cannon chips, or one? Also, I reckon I should know this, but...what does GMD stand for? I'm assuming the platform that Jayge.EXE is standing on in the middle of the moat, but I figured it'd be best to check ^^;
That's all for now, sorry to bother you.))
((No no, ask all the questions you would like to ask and I'll answer them~

First, the cannon will not stay on your navi's arm because each chip is single use unless noted so. The usual non-single use chips are melee/sword chips, such as Rageclaw, where you can use it for 6 actions until it breaks

Secondly, a GMD stands for "Green Mystery Data." If you played any of the MMBN games, you would always find those green crystal figures when you go around the net. In this site, think of it as an extra cash/chip bonus...if you can keep it from breaking!

Finally, yes, Jayge is standing on a platform smack-middle of the waters and the viruses.))

Jayge fearlessly fired his Cannons into the water, both making its mark right on the virus, even through the thick water. In anger, all three Piranhas began to fire multiple tridents from its mouth and towards Jayge! Thankfully, the navi was already prepared for such attack and dodged all incoming attacks, despite the limited space!

PiranhaA: 20 HP
PiranhaB: 20 HP

Jayge.EXE: 100 HP
((Ah, I see. Much obliged :3 ))

"Nicely done." Stephen commented happily, a battle going in their favour was always a good thing. Until it started going the other way, of course.

"I'll try to keep it up, send me the shotgun." Jayge replied shortly, finding himself close to breathless from ducking and shifting aside from the fierce volleys of tridents, such little space to move on made it far more difficult that he'd have liked, and suddenly he found himself wishing that he could operate underwater far more keenly than ever before.

"Already on it's way, good luck."

"I'll likely need it..." The NetNavi was trying to analyse the Piranha's movements below the deep water, surely there had to be a pattern to it! If he could just figure it out...

He raised his buster, tracking one of the Piranha's path through the water with it's muzzle, if he could time this right, just maybe he could hit all three at once! It took a tense moment with his mind in overdrive, straining every sense to keep at least two of the Piranhas in view at all times while following one directly, and finally he felt his chance and took it, firing the shotgun round straight into the water, then ducking, ready to leap. When the Piranha returned fire, he at least hoped to draw those deadly tridents up into the air where they couldn't hit the green crystal.

Actions:
Take aim: PiranhaA
Shotgun: PiranhaA (50dmg, attempt spread1 to PiranhaB)
Dodge
Jayge dashed to the side, trying to get better aim at the viruses, which he did. Grinning, the navi unleashed a powerful Shotgun blast at the weakened Piranhas, deleting them in an instant.

The final Piranha was not so happy about this and leaped into the air, firing tridents down at Jayge, who dodged all but one blow.

PiranhaA: DELETED
PiranhaB: DELETED

Jayge.EXE: 80 HP
"Phew, one left...can you manage this?" Stephen asked with slight concern in his voice

"I'll manage." was Jayge's reply as he brushed his arm. That had hurt. "I think this is as far as we'll get into searching for what's throwing off your wheels for today though. Any objections to me blasting this fish a couple of new holes?" The Navi raised his buster, awaiting confirmation.

"None at all, you've done very well so far."

"Cheers" Jayge fought back a grin, now he'd have to be careful, and precise.

He focussed on his buster, the Splinter Pulse had already been loaded ready for this battle, and so it currently held a good ten rounds, waiting to be fired. Of course there was another thing he could, and in this case, would use them for. The panels that made up the casing of his buster separated and spread apart by a few inches, a slight glow of the dull purple data stored within breaking through to be seen from the little gaps this increase in size had caused as he double-loaded the weapon. Ten shots had first become twenty, then been forced into ten once again. Thicker rounds, more powerful rounds, and all ready to go, but not just yet would they be released.
The buster compacted back to it's original size with a low whine. Ten augmented rounds reducing to five in a matter of seconds, and the now bright violet glow of the data pierced through the buster's casing. It almost appeared to be smoking through the seams of it's architecture. Now the buster was ready to be fired, he thought, and trained the thick barrel on the last remaining piranha.

He knew that this wouldn't kill it, unless he was incredibly lucky. He also knew that should he miss, he'd be in a lot of trouble...why hadn't he used this as his first move? That would have made far more sense...No matter. He'd survive this, and learn from it.

Waiting, as he had before, for the most opportune moment to fire, he traced the Piranha's underwater path as best he could, muttering the words "Splinter Fault." under his breath as he fired, unloading the entire augmented salvo at once, and hoping for the best.

Actions:
Sig attack charge
Take aim: Piranha C
Sig attack- Splinter Fault: Prianha C (5x10dmg Mutli-hit + Break + Impact)
Jayge double-loaded his buster and bombarded the Piranha by surprise with fire. Unfortunately, one of his shots misfired and hit the GMD instead!! Then, the Piranha cocked its head, as if to mockingly say "That all you got?" and fired a volley of shots, with two of the shots hitting this time.

PiranhaC: 20 HP

GMD: 1 HP

Jayge.EXE: 40 HP
"Crap, that hurt..." Jayge swore under his breath

"Be careful man, if you can't handle this, then pull out before you seriously hurt yourself." Stephen warned through the PET

"Don't worry, I'm not planning on getting deleted over little more than a little piece of data and my pride." was Jayge's reply, "What chips do we have left? I'd hate to have to end this with just the buster and some fancy footwork." That is, after the damn thing cools down, he thought, sparing a glance at the still slightly smoking muzzle of his right arm.

"We've got the Rageclaw left, though I'm not sure how much use it would be in the water...if you're going to continue, then get the Splinter Pulse reloaded quickly, and stay on your toes..." the Operator was worried, go figure.

"Got it...and do stop fretting. I'll start running if I get hit too hard again." said Jayge, trying to reassure his operator as he kept a weary eye on the Piranha, ready to evade until his buster was ready to fire again.

Finally the weapon was ready to be fired again, and with a relieved sigh Jayge reloaded his buster quickly and took a quick shot at the Piranha, trying to judge just how possible it would be to take it out with just this last-resort offensive. He then awaited the Piranha's response almost eagerly, attempting to anticipate it's shot pattern. At least while he had the chance to learn from it in this one-on-one situation, he may as well see what he could pick up, it could be very useful in future to know how these Piranhas moved and attacked.

Actions:
Dodge
Buster shot: PiranhaC (2dmg)
Dodge

((Just another hopefully quick question; is it possible to re-use battlechips throughout an individual battle after a turn or so has passed, or must I wait until the battle is over for my folder to 'reset' and be usable again?
I have never reached a point where this is applicable in the few MM:BN games that I have played through, and though I doubt it would be possible, just thought that I'd best check ^^; ))
((It's not possible, sorry. Also, I see that you're holding back on your RageClaw. Don't make the mistake I did of thinking its uses carry over between battles. The 6 uses refresh between battles, so use it to your heart's content. ^^))

Moving around to avoid the Piranha's constant fire, Jayge reloaded his Splinter Pulse and fired a small last-resort blast towards the Piranha, which easily sidestepped the shot.

PiranhaC: 20 HP

GMD: 1 HP

Jayge.EXE: 40 HP