Miyu.EXE VS Enigma.EXE

Leon took the hand and shook it firmly. "Nice to meet you as well." He smiled warmly at the man. "Don't worry too much about being excited. It's not like there are tournaments every day." He walked over to his side of the terminal and sat down on the ground, crossing his legs in a lotus style. "At any rate, it would be a waste for them to put this much effort into arranging this thing for us to come in and act bored with it the whole time, right? So let's give these people something to be interested in... and maybe steal the spotlight from some of the other competitors."

Miyu, noticing his odd behavior, pounced on the opportunity to bug him about it as soon as she could. "What is this? Are you some fire-breathing yogi now?" She mimicked him and sat in the same style, except she placed her hands in a pseudo mocking finger-to-thumb pose and interlocked them above her head. She wiggled back and forth goofily as she hummed loudly and off-key through a secure channel. Unfortunately her mocking of Leon and his intended come back were interrupted by a strange, amorphous navi approaching her.

She quickly stood and brushed the light dust from the area off of her clothing before the navi had gotten too close. Clapping her hands to get the rest of the dust off of them, she smiled at the navi as it got closer. She extended her hand towards the other navi, Enigma, as he introduced himself. "Nice to meet you, I'm Miyu." She shook his hand, noticing it never really felt 'there'.

Miyu nodded at the navi once more and took a leisurely stroll about the ring. She stretched her arks and wings out as she walked around the outer edge, peering over the side from time to time at the area below. She also made sure to look above her, and took note of the rather low ceiling.

"Hey Leon... what do you think about this place?" She asked absent minded as she continued to walk around and poke the walls and columns on the top floor. She climbed to the top of one of the pillar and looked down from there.

Leon was busy studying the 3d model they were being shown in the real world. "Well... it seems interesting." He studied the diagram a bit further before he continued. "It looks like we'd be alright in either setting... though the bottom may present some better maneuverability options. The top definitely wins for 'most tactical possibilities' in my book though."

Miyu hopped down and examined the lower level. "Yeah, I can see how the bottom might be nice if we find ourselves needing to move about more freely." She jumped back onto the spring pad and landed in the top, gliding slowly to the ring with her wings extended.

Leon nodded at Miyu. "Are you ready?"
Miyu nodded at Leon. "You bet."
"Then let's do this~" he finished.
Not long after each combatant had returned to their starting position on the upper level, a quiet buzzer sounded. With it came a brief formal address about the start of the match.

"
THIS ROUND ONE MATCH WILL TAKE PLACE IN THE SPECIALTY TWO-TIERED STADIUM "The Underworld"
THE MATCH IS BETWEEN NAVIS MIYU AND ENIGMA, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OPERATORS LEON TJEKIAN AND CERES NOTARA.
THE TOURNAMENT STANDARD FOLDERS HAVE BEEN LOCKED, AND OPERATORS HAVE BEEN BRIEFED ON THE STAGE.

YOU MAY BEGIN AFTER THE BUZZER."

There was a brief pause, before said buzzer rang louldy, accompanied by the words,

"
BEGIN!"

Battle Summary:

Miyu.EXE: 200 HP

Enigma.EXE: 140 HP

Terrain:
Same as listed in first post, save any battle-related changes below:
[No changes]
It wasn't anything significant at first. Maybe it was just anticipation; maybe it was anxiety. Maybe it was the fact that all of his previous confidence had left him, though he sure wasn't going to let that show. Whatever it was, Enigma could feel something pulsing deep inside of him -- the closest thing a navi had to adrenaline.

Ceres, on the other hand, had already started formulating a plan, incorporating not only the fact that Enigma was faster than Miyu but also that every Wood chip did twice as much damage as normal. Enigma, d'you think you can throw something all the way over there? he asked, sounding oddly distant.

Easily, why? replied Enigma with false bravado, snapped out of his doubting reverie in an instant.

I think the TreeBomb could work, Ceres said. Activating a sort of PET-instant-messenger for privacy, Ceres quickly typed out, "maybe as a distraction??" His fingers clacked noisily and obviously on the keys, and he looked up to shoot a nervous grin at Leon. Can't have you knowing all of my plans.

Yeah, I can see that, send some chips to get me in position too, Enigma replied aloud, throwing caution to the winds. And quickly, too.

Done, Ceres nodded, slotting in five chips with no flourishes at all. Having an enemy operator so close to him was unnerving, so Ceres tried to keep his spirits up with banter. I wonder if you think as strategically as we do; everything's more fun when you have a plan...

Game time, Enigma announced, activating his first chip of the tournament to receive a not-so-impressive reward. The globular weapon clenched in his fist appeared to be more of a seed than a bomb, and very organic in appearance. Trying to exude confidence for his sake as much as Miyu's, Enigma tossed the seed up casually in his right hand, catching it and peering down the battlefield at Miyu. Winding his arm backwards and stepping forwards in the same motion, Enigma launched the TreeBomb at his electrical adversary, sending it on quite the pollination trail.

Nice throw, noted Ceres absentmindedly as he watched Miyu's actions intently. If there was any sort of counter-strategy involved, he was determined to figure it out.

Thanks, Enigma replied quietly, taking a deep breath and beginning a sprint forwards. One, two, three rapid steps clicked on the arena floor, though all of Enigma's amorphous mass seemed to be propelling itself along without legs; not for long, though, as Enigma vanished entirely from that line of sight with the use of his second chip. Nothing but a few lifeless pixels, drifting idly to the ground, was left of him, at least in that area. Re-appearing moments later, incomplete as ever, a good ten feet away from Miyu's starting position, Enigma activated his third chip. Hefting the wooden boomerang-style chip behind his head without taking more than a split second to aim, Enigma lobbed it as hard as he could in Miyu's general direction. Hoping that the element of surprise and vantage point would make up for lack of care in aim, Enigma only gave the projectile a cursory glance as it sped in a wide arc around the arena before equipping his fourth chip. Oh, I like swords, he laughed, sounding relieved.

What were you expecting, a halberd? snorted Ceres, eliciting no response from Enigma but the metallic sound of a sword being drawn.

Oddly enough, for its steely-sounding draw, the blade was fashioned entirely from wood, sharpened heavily on the edges. It appeared to be made from either extremely light or hollowed-out wood as well, for Enigma wielded it as easily as any normal Sword. Not wasting any more time, he began blob-sprinting at where Miyu had started, siphoning some of his data to the weapon to extend its reach as he ran. He began slashing around wildly, trying to make some form of contact with the enemy; the wake left by the sword was augmented by purple on the very end of it, seeing as the augmented weapon wasn't just wooden anymore. A purple shield had also been formed sometime during the process on his back, covering the entirety of his rear flank just in case Miyu managed to get behind him. When he'd flailed his way to the opposite side of the arena, Enigma selected his last chip, a Guard, and held it in front of him securely to preclude any counter-attacks from making contact with him. And, without warning, the feeling returned; not quite nervousness, not quite performance anxiety, but not truly an adrenaline. All Enigma could think of was that he wanted more - more of what? Bloodlust? The love to fight? Or, perhaps it was just that fighting an intelligent navi was a nice change. This is fun, he laughed, quite exhilarated indeed.

If she hits you right after you say that, I'm going to laugh, grinned Ceres before turning to Leon yet again. You know, you really drew the short straw; I chose the Wood folder randomly, to be honest...

=-=-=

Enigma.EXE
HP: 140
1: TreeBomb1 > Miyu.EXE [60 [color=green]Wood[/color] DMG (x2), attacks next turn if it misses]
2: Areagrab > Left of Miyu.EXE [Dodge, accuracy boost
[b]3[/b]: Boomerang1 > Miyu.EXE [60 [color=green]Wood[/color] DMG (x2) (+1 Accuracy)]
4: Bamboo Knife > Miyu.EXE [60 [color=green]Wood[/color] DMG (x2) (+1 Accuracy)]
5: Guard1 > Self [One attack blocked, reflects up to 60 DMG]

Data Influx: Ready!
Data Vampirism: Ready!
Data Solidification: Ready!
Data Augmentation: Used with Bamboo Knife. (+1 Accuracy)
Fluctuating Nature: Aimed backwards the entire time; no being sneaky, Miyu!
Miyu and Leon nodded at each other as the match started.

"Let's use that opener you came up with yesterday,"
Leon said with a sly grin.

Miyu copied the grin, showing her left fang, as she ran towards the center of the arena's top floor. Once there, She stared needles at Enigma for a brief moment before here eyes started to shine a bright, unearthly gold.

Her hair began to flow upwards, as if it were being blown by a windbox, as she started to levitate a few inches above the ground. A bright, golden circle formed on the panel beneath her, slowly spinning and emitting an ever increasing glow. Electricity began to arc form her body to the ground in the arena, reaching quite far. The Glow beneath her spun faster and grew higher until it was even with her shoulders, now several inches higher than her usual standing pose due to the increasing levitation, as the electricity began to arc more wildly. Snapping her head back to look at the sky, she pulled her arms towards her side, flexed them outwards, and flared her wings as the energy beneath her erupted in a bright flash that seemed to envelope a good chunk of the arena. The electricity raced across the ground, ripping through the normal panels of the arena and filling them with a powerful electromagnetic charge.

"Nice... but did you really have to be so dramatic about it?" he asked absently. "You kinda wasted a lot of time we could have used for other stuff."
"Of course I did. Intimidation is key to winning a fight." she hastily replied.
He rubbed his chin a bit, the rough stubble of not shaving the night before scratching his fingers ever so slightly. "I suppose that's true. Anyways, quit dawdling about and find yourself some cover! You we know he's got a wood folder, so you need all the protection you can muster."

Miyu was too busy talking and trying to intimidate Enigma to really pay attention to what he had been doing the last few moments. As such, when she turned her attention back to him, all she saw was some sort of seed-thing flying at her present location.

Keeping a sharp eye on Enigma, she began to backpedal away from him and the incoming attack, hoping to lure him into the magnet zone where he would be helpless. Unfortunately, as he began closing in on her, he disappeared and left her completely unaware of where he had gone- until it was too late.

He reappeared almost on top of her. Startled from the unexpected maneuver, she stumbled backwards off guard and off balance. She winced at what she thought was pain, though it would have just as easily been her wincing for being unable to follow such a low-grade textbook tactic. Wasting no more time, she spun to her left and shot a powerful gust of wind from her wings as she sprinted towards one of the small barricades. She neared it and quickly ran around the side of it, grabbing the corner with her hand to help swing her around the side faster.

That was... too close... she thought to herself. Peeking a bit around the corner, she spotted him still coming after her. "Not a chance!" she yelled loudly, as she whipped her hand towards him and shot a powerful and stunning jolt of electricity at him.

Around this time Leon had slotted in a Heatshot. "And here's the cream filling!" he shouted out loud.

Miyu kept her hand pointed at him as a warm sensation engulfed her arm. As soon as she had fully received the data, she snapped her fingers to create a small flame from them, which she promptly whipped into a large flame by spinning around. As she came back to facing the amorphous adversary, she shot the burning projectile at his chest, before popping back around the side of the wall.

As soon as she was done with that, however, she took a brief second to frown at Leon. "You know, your quip really had absolutely no bearing on the current situation."
He sighed and hung his head in shame. "I'm well aware, but I felt left out..."

--------------------

1. Hells Gate (Magnet Zone)
2. Gust boosted Tac Move to take cover behind a small wall.
3. Devil's Charm (stun)
4. Heatshot 40 @ Enigma.
The Colosseum match got underway quickly. Immediately upon its start the faster Navi, Engima, went on the offensive. After tossing it in the air once for show, he chucked it across the field at the female Navi, Miyu, who was currently putting on a show of her own. Though he hadn't tossed it nearly as well as possibly, the unlucky girl currently filling the stage with magnet panels took a glancing blow off her left shoulder; the elemental weakness caused the attack to do double damage, which could be quite a shock to the Electric type Navi.

Enigma then continued forward, running straight at his opponent before he disappeared into thin air, only to reappear just beyond Miyu. He hefted a boomerang as he reappeared, and aimed it at her, and then came into contact with the ground as the magnetic force knocked his feet out from under him. The boomerang smashed into the ground a few feet away, and returned limply before dissolving.

Miyu, after the surprise of her opponent appearing behind her had struck, dived strategically behind the short wall. This strategic dive allowed her to narrowly avoid being hit by Enigma, who took this opportunity to run across the field with his sword prepped for a potentially fatal blow.

Miyu then fire a shocking blast at Enigma, whose rear-directed shield managed to block the blow. The stunning shot fizzled out with the shield, as Enigma turned around with Guard1 prepared; which was a good plan, as Miyu had just fired a Heatshot at her target. The fireball barely came into contact with this shield and was sent back at Miyu. The shield's angle apparently hadn't been quite right, though, as the shot narrowly missed hitting its original sender on its way back.

Battle Summary:

Miyu.EXE: 80 HP [Behind Short Wall][Magnet]

Enigma.EXE: 140 HP [West/Center field][Magnet]

Terrain:
Same as listed in first post, save any battle-related changes below:
50% of Upper Level Magnet Panel type [centered on Miyu's side]

Miyu nursed her shoulder from where the seed had connected, and subsequently sucked the energy out of, her body. Damn it... another one of those and I'm toast...

Leon was quick on the draw and slotted in a guard chip. "Woah, I told you that you over did it with the 'intimidation' factor" he warned. "It's well and all to intimidate him when you're winning, but for now you should probably pull off and play it safe for a few."

Miyu was none too thrilled at having to pull back and nurse her wounds, but she also knew it was the best thing she could do right now. She called her scythe from her body, forming it in her left hand. A sharp pain shot through her arm, emanating from her wounded shoulder, due to the extra weight the scythe added. Bah, he would luck out and hit my dominant arm too... "Leon... my shoulder is really hurting me. I need to end this fast or else it might be too late." Miyu channeled the energy of the guard chip into her scythe, which adapted itself to the data by changing the grip to a bright yellow color and adding a green cross onto the blade.

Meanwhile, Leon frowned at the situation. Things certainly weren't looking good for them at the moment. "Well... if you want to finish it fast, you'll need to go full force and not worry about what happens to your shoulder for now. If you can get in close and counter one of his attacks, you should be able to set yourself up for a decent chance at taking him down with a couple well placed blows." Leon grabbed the Fire Knife chip form the tournament folder he had been assigned. "Use that to power up your scythe further and teach him not to mess with elec navis!"

Miyu's tattoos flashed a burning red as the fire knife was received. She began to charge headlong towards Enigma, who was no doubt having a fun time trying to traverse the magnetic terrain. Miyu, meanwhile, moved as graceful as ever, bobbing and weaving as she closed the distance between the two.

"So, how do you like my choice of floor decor? Don't you find it's pull simply irresistible?" she teased as she continued to make her way into melee range and allow time for him to tray and attack her, so she could use his own power against him.

Wincing at the horrible pun, Leon said in a mumbled voice, "Well if that wasn't worse than what I said..."

Once Miyu had reached Enigma, she sent the fire that was coursing through her tattoos into the blade of the scythe before lashing out with a quick sweep at his thighs. Maybe I can manage to keep him off balance and finish him off quickly!

As soon as her sweep had finished, and the pain she knew she was going to bring upon herself shot through her shoulder, she crouched down and opened her wings as wide as she could. She lept into the air with a pained grunt, grabbing ahold of her scythe with her right hand. As she flew overhead, aiming to land behind her opponent, she used all of her strength to spin herself around midair and lash out with another strike form her scythe, this time aimed at Enimga's back.

She landed on the other side of the navi, holding the scythe in front of her in as much of a defensive position as she could muster, what with the scythe being in her off-hand and her main hand dangling rather uselessly at her side after her exerting first blow.

------------
1. Guard1
2. Chase after Enigma.
3. Fire Knife on Enigma. Damage: 60 + Slashing, Accuracy: B
* Dodge/Jump over top Enigma with Gust.
4. Fire Knife on Enigma. Damage: 60 + Slashing, Accuracy: B
Alright, fine, don't talk to me, laughed Ceres, realizing that Leon had talked to no one but Miyu since the battle had started. Deciding to follow his example, Ceres buried his head in the terminal as well. Enigma, how're your motor skills?

Not too good, Enigma replied calmly, attempting to take a step forwards; as soon as he lifted his foot a few inches from the ground, it was slammed back down violently. Shrugging and turning back to Ceres, he added, Eh, who needs it anyways? Let her do all the moving. We have Cornshots.

Point! exclaimed Ceres, his eyes lighting up in recognition. D'you wanna just tank it out without the ironbody?

Sounds good, Enigma nodded. Send other chips... accurate ones.

Done, Ceres replied, submitting entirely to Enigma's bossiness. Yet again he selected five chips, slotting them in simultaneously with an arrogant flourish. Shooting a grin up to Leon and basking in his confidence, Ceres leaned on the terminal with both hands to observe the battle.

As Miyu approached him with her odd words, Enigma laughed in response, Does it look like I'm resisting very much? before equipping Cornshots to both arms. Each cylinder was forest green in color and the tips of stark-yellow ears of corn peeked out from the barrels. I hope you eat your veggies, he smirked, aiming the dual legumes at the two pillars nearest him. The corn cobs sped out almost comically towards the pillars, and oddly enough, the shot on the right seemed to have about a third of it colored Enigma's deep indigo. When the shots collided with the pillars, they exploded, letting many loose kernels float dramatically in mid-air. Not holding that position for more than a split second, the bits of corn quickly re-directed themselves at Miyu and sped towards her, the normal ones heading for her left flank and the purple-tinted ones going for her right. Trying to take a few alarmed steps back in vain, Enigma realized it was fully impossible for him to do anything but try to block Miyu's fiery strikes. So he kept his temporary shield directed behind him before yelling to Ceres, Where do I throw the Boomerangs?

Just throw 'em straight, you should be able to snag her with at least one, he responded anxiously. Why do I always get so damn excited when I think we're winning?

Enigma offered no words in response, but action. Reaching up and grabbing a Boomerang from seemingly nowhere, he quickly wound up and threw the wooden projectile to Miyu's right, not bothering to watch as it sped around in a quick loop to hit his adversary from behind. Still enjoying the fact that he'd been unscathed so far, Enigma reached his arm around far to the side; before long, it was stretching at impossible angles, seeming to have somewhere around four joints nestled in the data. After about five seconds of trying to maneuver it into place, Enigma gave up entirely and severed his connection to the arm, watching as it obediently floated a good foot to the right of him and threw the Boomerang to his left. It made a few close loops around him before dissipating entirely, leaving Enigma with nothing but his two shields to defend himself with. He activated the Guard nervously and hoped that his rear shield would hold against Miyu's onslaught.

If she got out of the way of four attacks, I think I'm going to get very upset, grumbled Ceres. If she survived, don't forget to heal up, he advised.

Yeah, thanks, like I'd enjoy running around gimped like her, Enigma snorted.

No need to be a smartass, muttered Ceres.

No need to be a backseat driver, Enigma retorted quickly. Don't worry about me. I'm fine.

Ceres just crossed his arms and counted to ten. Distracting Enigma with an argument didn't seem like the best of ideas.

=-=-=

Enigma.EXE
HP: 140
1: Cornshot1 > West Pillar, seeking > Miyu.EXE [60 [color=green]Wood[/color] DMG (x2), Seeking]
2: Cornshot1 > East Pillar, seeking > Miyu.EXE [60 [color=green]Wood[/color] DMG (x2), Seeking, +1 Accuracy]
3: Boomerang1 > Miyu.EXE [60 [color=green]Wood[/color] DMG (x2)]
4: Boomerang1 > Miyu.EXE [60 [color=green]Wood[/color] DMG (x2)]
5: Guard1 > Self [One-hit shield, reflects up to 60 DMG]

Data Influx: Ready!
Data Vampirism: Ready!
Data Solidification: Ready!
Data Augmentation: Used with second Cornshot.
Fluctuating Nature: Directed backwards.
And the action resumed. Miyu began nursing her shoulder as Enigma tested the ground. Miyu then activated her Guard as she rushed forward, and Enigma loaded up double barrel corn shots. Sadly enough, this was enough to activate the Magnet Panels, sending him, once more, to the floor.

As the purple data stream recovered and returned himself to his feet, his shots went flying off in the wrong directions, One hit the top of the wall behind Miyu, bouncing in the wrong direction after that, while the other bounced off a pillar, but went careening still at the wrong angle. Miyu had succeeded so far.

She closed the ground as Enigma got back to his feet and threw a boomerang. This one bounced off Miyu's Guard, sending a beam of energy back at Enigma, giving him a taste of his own medicine. He recovered, though, and chucked another boomerange at his opponent.

Miyu then got hit from behind with the long shot boomerang Enigma had thrown. This wood type attack was even worse than the last, and came off her back, critically injuring her. The vampiric Navi wouldn't allow even this to stop her, though, as she continued towards her opponent, scythe now burning passionately.

She came up before Enigma and lifted her scythe, prepared to deal a crushing blow to her opponent. However, before the shot could connect, the purple Navi pulled out a yellow shield and armed it against his attacker. Poor Miyu was already mid-swing, and it was too late to stop. Everyone could only watch in horror and anticipation as she dug her scythe into the shield, only to have the same force shot back into her.

That blast had been all she could take. She was forced to activate her EJO procedure by her own attack.

"AND THAT'S THE MATCH FOLKS." The announcer declared as the crowd roared.
"MIYU HAS BEEN DEFEATED.
THE FIRST ROUND WINNER FROM THIS MATCH, WHO WILL PROCEEDING ONTO THE NEXT ROUND, IS THE TEAM OF ENIGMA.EXE AND HIS OPERATOR, CERES NOTARA!
" The crowd cheered for the winner.

"
WE THANK LEON TJEKIAN AND HIS NAVI, MIYU.EXE, FOR COMPETING. THEY WILL BE GIVEN A CONSOLATION PRIZE AS A REWARD FOR THEIR EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE."

After this was said, the woman who had monitered the match from within the room approached Leon. "I'm with the tournament staff." She told him, if the fact wasn't obvious enough already. "I'm here to present you with your choice of reward for competing;" at this point, she pulled out two small cases with the prizes within them, clearly visible to the man. "1000 zenny or a Recov30 chip. It's your choice."

After he made his choice, the two competitors would be asked to return to lobby, and Ceres would be told to await the beginning of the second round.

BATTLE OVER!
Congratulations Hiko.
Thanks for fighting, Leon.

Leon Get: EITHER Recov30 OR 1000 zenny
Ceres Get: Pass to Round 2
Smiling, and knowing that his confidence hadn't been in vain, Ceres jacked Enigma out and took a step away from the terminal. Bad luck, he said to Leon, though still not really able to erase the smile from his face. Instead of staying to have some sort of awkward chat with Leon, Ceres instead did as he instructed and edged past the other NetBattlers to the lobby.

I wonder who we'll be fighting next, murmured Enigma.

I don't know; from the looks of it, we were the fastest match, Ceres laughed. Enigma just shrugged, and Ceres continued walking to the lobby where he'd first arrived.
Leon clenched his fist and teeth, unable to do anything but watch helplessly as Miyu was deleted. He punched the floor to his side in frustration and sighed. "Looks like that goddamned pen was an omen... figures I'd be one of the few stuck against someone who had a folder that I was weak against the first friggan round..." he muttered in a hostile tone towards the terminal.

Then he was snapped back from his anger by the approaching woman. Seems he had a choice to make, meager money or a weaksauce chip. He stood as he answered the woman. "I'll take the money."

He gave a token nod towards Ceres.

Wasting no more time in the arena, he mumbled as he walked out of the room, checking on Miyu as he walked out. All she was doing was sulking in a corner, and Leon didn't have anything useful to say to try and cheer themselves up at the moment.