Nervous Retry

Cambiare appeared in the Electown net after being transported over from Beach net. He still had a confused look on his face, which lasted for good couple of seconds before he finally snapped out of it. "Wait...W-what?! W-w-where am I? Where's D-DubloonMan?" Being separated by his partner all of a sudden was all too strange for the nervous navi, but something else had come over him as he slowly began to realize where he was at.

"F...Finny...I-Is this where I t-think I am?"

Finny appeared through a holographic screen, complete with her signature grin. "Why yes~ You're at electown...Remember how you lost horribly in like, what, 10 seconds?" The navi certainly did recall the time when he came to Electown when he was still new to the netbusting scene. With the mix of inexperience and pure bad-luck, he was nearly deleted after facing two groups of "low-tier" viruses, leaving bad memory in its wake. "...C-c-can't we just go to some o-other networks? Im-im-I'm fine with something e-else?" said Cambiare, begging as all of his confusion and worry about leaving DubloonMan simply disappeared.

"Hmm, lets just see how far you can go? Don't you want to see how strong you became, Cambi?"

"F-f-for Pete's sake, Finny. You k-keep on saying those lines o-over and over again! B-b-but whatever...I-I'll s-show you that I'm strong! That I-I-I was always s-strong!"

As if some of the sass rubbed off of DubloonMan, Cambiare was much more headstrong than usual. He marched through the network with his head high and fist tight, hoping to prove that he wasn't the same weak navi as he was before...

-BATTLE ONE, READY!-
Cambiare.EXE: 140 HP
Cambiare decided to show his stuff, and there were plenty of things to warm up on.

Like that cactus over there... or that one over there? They were pretty high up at any rate. Tink tink, went the metal. A Billy came to greet the navi on yet another raised platform. Somewhat in between the platforms the Cactys were on.

To Cambiare's relief, there seemed to be springs situated close to the platforms that he could use to reach his targets.

Well good luck.

-ENEMIES-
CactyA: 70 HP (PlatformA)
Billy: 50 HP (Center Platform)
CactyB: 70 HP (PlatformB)

-Terrain-
PlatformA: 20% Metal (High Altitude)
Center: 20% Metal (1 action to reach)
PlatformB: 20% Metal (High Altitude)
Ground Level: 40% Metal, 60% Missing (Below Platforms)

-Objects- (Allow you to reach High Altitude by jumping on them with an action)
SpringA: 50 HP
SpringB: 50 HP

-NAVI-

-BATTLE 1-
-ROUTINE, SET-
-EXECUTE-
"Y-You have got to be k-kidding me..."

As Cambiare looked up at the three viruses above him, he began to wonder how in the world he was going to reach them. At the current situation, it seemed best to simply turn back and walk away to another battle, seeing how all the viruses were far from reach to attack...and to GET attacked. "Oh, this looks pretty fun." said Finny with her usual peppiness. "I-I don't think I can really fight this o-one. Let's turn around a-and look for some o-other battle." The navi thought he had made a valid point and successfully reasoned with his operator, but...

"Check those springs out! It looks like it came right out of some platform game!"

Cambiare turned and saw what Finny was pointing out, already seeing how the springs could be used to approach the two Cacty viruses on the platform...However, there was no way he was going to launch himself up into the air with a strange device. "Up you go!" Finny went ahead and slipped in the blue Program Drive into the PET, changing Cambiare's body into his speedy, blue Grazioso form, but it had caused the navi to panic. "W-wwait! I never a-a-agreed to do this! I-I might break my legs! You don't w-want to your navi to b-b-b-break his legs!!" Cambiare screamed and pleaded. "Just get on with it!"

Energy wheels suddenly formed beneath Cambiare's feet when Finny pushed a button on the PET, launching the navi straight towards one of the spring. "Ahhhhh!!" Still inexperienced with his new form, the nervous navi failed to stop himself from getting close to the spring, and resulted in at least slowing himself down so he wouldn't fall into the endless abyss...With no other options left, Cambiare bit his lips as he prepared for a leap on the spring, truly hoping that it wouldn't be as disastrous as he imagined. With all the leg breaking and all.

To his surprise, the moment both his feet landed on the spring, it had launched him softly up in the air without any sort of abrupt, violent ways. But as he was floating in the air for brief seconds, he looked up to see that the Cacty virus was now at his eye level. "Ch-chi-chips! Finny, chips!" Doing as she was told, Finny loaded a battlechip into the PET, causing Cambiare's right arm to burn up in a bright blue flame. "Go, go, go!" The navi threw a jab forward, shooting part of the blue flame forward in the form of a fiery fist. He didn't have the luxury to see if his attack missed, due to gravity and such, and began to fall back down to the ground.

"O-o-once more!"

As he was falling, Cambiare extended both his arms and legs straight as his gauntlets and boots began to shoot out small bursts of thrusts to redirect and slow the navi down for a safe landing. Nearing the spring once more, he cut off the boosters and landed right on the spring, launching up into the air once more. With one more jab, Cambiare fired the rest of the blue flame towards the last Cacty and immediately began to back away from the viruses with the help of his thrusters!

Change: Grazioso Form
* Allegro [Movement] Jump onto Spring A
1. FireHit [60 [b](x2 Elemental Weakness)[/b] | Impact | Double] {A} @ CactyA
2. Bounce on SpringA once more
3. FireHit [60 [b](x2 Elemental Weakness)[/b] | Impact | Double] {A} @ CactyB
4. Dodge

Cooldown:
None
Cambiare used the springs to gain some altitude; it turned out to be a pretty good idea, because it protected him from ground-based cactus ball attacks. The spring was hit, but Cambiare was unharmed. As the navi retaliated, he found that aiming a punch at an elevated target while bouncing on a spring wasn't so easy. While the first missed, he picked up the groove and managed to nail the second attack.

The navi momentarily had reason to worry, as a ball of electricity slowly crept towards him, but he thrust out of the way just in time.

-ENEMIES-
CactyA: 70 HP (PlatformA)
CactyB: DELETED (PlatformB)

-Terrain-

SpringA: 30 HP

-NAVI-
"Ahhh!!"

When the electric ball missed him by an inch, Cambiare panicked as he began to swing his arms profusely. "T-t-too close for comfort! Too c-close for comfort!" Even after he landed safely on the ground, the navi looked up at the Cacty virus with a bitter expression. If only he was able to take him out earlier...there would be no need for him to use the spring again. But alas, if he was going to win the fight, he had to bite the bullet and jump on the spring and risk breaking his leg once more.

"Alright, break a leg!" Finny teased with her devilish grin.

"D-don't you d-d-dare say that a-g-ag-again!"

With a small boost from his boots, Cambiare dashed towards the spring once more and immediately prepared himself for another nerve-wrecking procedure of trying to shoot something in mid-air. "I have something that might ease your mind this time around~" As she loaded a chip into the PET, the navi's right bracelet's ports began to flare up as the usual blue energy suddenly turned green.

Cambiare had no time to think about what chip Finny had prepared this time, since he only had few seconds in mid air to fire his shot, and aimed his arm towards the Cacty. "F-fire!" When the navi fired off the green energies, it shot out from his bracelet in multiple beams in different directions. However, they all took a sharp turn right towards the Cacty and all merged into a single, larger beam that was homing into the virus. "That was p-pretty cooooooOOOOOOO--" Cambiare unfortunately had no time to appreciate all the fancy effects his new form was making when he began to fall back down on the ground.

He used the thrusters once more to slow himself down enough for a safe landing, but the battle wasn't over just yet. With no time to catch his breath, Cambiare turned towards the Billy and aimed his arm up to the virus once more. "I-...I never t-thought I would be so happy to s-see a virus...O-on the ground, I mean." said the nervous navi with a chuckle in the end. "Who knows. Maybe you'll find a whole bunch of springs next battle~" Finny replied as she slipped another battlechip in. "...I-if you jinx this...Never mind!"

Focusing on finishing the battle, the navi gripped his hands tightly and prepared for his attack. The green energy was gone from his bracelet, along with its homing capability, but having two feet on the ground was so much better than two feet on nothing in terms of aiming. Cambiare fired a multiple beams like before, but the curves it made before it fused into one was much larger and slower than the attack before. Nonetheless, the navi had fused a bit of his own power into the chip to assure a 1-hit-kill if it was a success.

1. Land safely
* Allegro [Movement] Jump onto Spring A
2. MarkCannon [70 | Seeking | Lock-On] {A} @ CactyA
3. Land safely
4. Cannon [40[b]+16 (Buff)[/b] | Knockback] {A} @ Billy

Cooldown:
None
Thrusting his way to safety, Cambiare shot some pretty multiple beams at the Cacty, deleting it before it could attack him. The thunderball from earlier swooped about him, but fizzled out before it could reach him. Landing on the ground, he then aimed at the remaining Billy, which fired at him with a couple of fast thunderbolts, but somehow they missed. Cambiare retaliated with more multiple shots, but his attack missed off to the side as well.

-ENEMIES-
CactyA: DELETED
CactyB: DELETED

-Terrain-

-NAVI-
"What's up with you! Did all those jumping around mess up your aim!" Finny hounded Cambiare relentlessly, even going as far as to swing her arms up. "J-Just one more! Give me one more chance!" To assure better accuracy, the navi popped out his energy wheels again and skated towards the virus.

He stopped mid way and held both his arms up towards the Billy, gripping his hand into a tight fist as he waited on Finny's queue. "If you miss this one...I swear, I'm plugging you right out from this network!" She loaded the shotgun and the machinegun chips, which loaded each of Cambiare's bracelet with its power.

The navi left bracelet fired off the multi-directional beams like before, but the beams went their own separate ways rather than joining into one like before, giving it a bigger range than previous attacks. The right bracelet, however, began to fire the beams one by one in intervals as it began to fly all over the place without any sort of direction. "Y-you said you'll give me a chance!" Cambi screamed as he tried to maintain a correct aim with his right arm. "I'm not sure if this thing would hit anything a-at all!!"

When the bracelets finally died down, Cambiare began to move around with his energy rings to avoid any sort of damage. He also kept his distance away from the springs altogether, not wanting to use such a thing ever again...

* Allegro [Movement] Move closer towards Billy
1. Shotgun [50 | Spread1] {A} @ Billy
2. MachineGun [30 x 9 Shots | Spray Fire] {D} @ Billy
3. Dodge
4. Dodge

Cooldown:
None

((BUMP))
((BUMP))
With his accelerated movement, Cambiare easily took down the remaining Billy without much trouble, shooting it down swiftly.

-ENEMIES-
CactyA: DELETED
Billy: DELETED
CactyB: DELETED

-Terrain-

-NAVI-

-- BATTLE 01, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --
[Thunder1] Battlechip, 275z
After stopping himself by skidding the energy rings across the floor, Cambiare began to improve his use over the new form. "...One d-down." After going through so much trouble in his first encounter, the navi feared for what was to come later on. Will there be more obstacles in the way? More platforms? More gigantic springs? What was the point of those springs in the first place?? The more he pondered, the more uneasy Cambiare became.

"If you're so worried about those springs...Why not start walking away from it?" said Finny as she began to bob her head side to side. "I can only imagine all those 'traps' becoming increasingly apparent as we go further, so lets just walk away from it~" Cambiare was silent for a moment, but he began to shake his head in agreement and immediately began to walk away from the springs. "F-Finny, that's a great idea! W-what you just said has to be true, r-r-right?!"

Either he was desperate, or simply too nervous to think straight, the navi was already making his way towards his next encounter...Whether it may be the viruses or something else.

-BATTLE TWO, READY!-
((BUMP))
Cambiare moved along, trying to avoid weird obstacles along the way. But while going through a narrow alley, viruses surrounded him from both sides! Drixols that popped out of the ground blocked his exits from the front and back while Powies also squashed him flat as he rolled backwards!

Well, there was an easy way to get more room to move though, so it wasn't all too bad.

-Viruses-
DrixolA: 90 HP (Behind you)
DrixolB: 90 HP (Front)
PowieA: 60 HP (Front)
PowieB: 60 HP (Front)

-Area Description-
100% Metal
Narrow Alley: Movement to the sides is restricted to one panel each way. Unless you feel like walljumping. 3 actions to escape alley to lose constricted movement effect.
Ladder: One panel to the left of PowieB and DrixolB, gives access to a Roof.

-NAVI-

-BATTLE 2-
-ROUTINE, SET-
-EXECUTE-
"T-this looks like a good spot."

Cambiare stood by the entrance of the eerie alley as he continued making his way through the network, avoiding anything that may resemble a spring or some sort. "...Good spot for what? Being scared and hiding? Come on, Cambi, you know this is a bad idea." Despite Finny's warning, the navi had the strange understanding that everything would be alright when he passed through this alleyway for no based reason...As if some powerful, outside force was directing him without consent.

"I-It looks fine. I'm sure thing's can't just pop o-AHHHHHHHH!!!"

Cambiare jumped up in fright as the group of viruses came by and surrounded the navi, shattering his once-in-a-lifetime carelessness he had. "I knew this was gonna happen! Gosh, don't go jumping into fights like this!"

"I-I-I thought you w-w-w-anted me to fight? Wa-wasn't that the whole puh-puh-puh-oint why I'm h-h-here?!" Cambiare replied with extra stuttering in his voice, thanks to the viruses' surprise ambush.

"Then don't get yourself into situations like this! Urgh, it makes me mad!!"

Finny quickly plugged the green Program Drive into her PET and slipped in few battle chips as well, proceeding to dramatically point her finger forward. "Protect yourself, NOW! PRONTO!" A green, holographic cylinder appeared over the nervous navi and disappeared in a flash, revealing Cambiare in his defensive Tenuto form. His arm was still trembling, but the navi mustered up a bit of courage and slammed his gauntlet against one another, causing it to reverberate and create a solid sound barrier. "W-w-what now?" Undergoing so much panic, the navi simply froze in place as the viruses were making their way towards him.

"...Just...*Sigh*...Just use the chip I sent you to take care of the ones in front of you." Finny answered her navi's desperate plead with little enthusiasm.

Cambiare lifted up his right arm as two holey machine gun barrels jutted out from his giant gauntlet, locking in place as it changed the navi's arm into a dangerous weapon. The navi was all-to-familiar with this chip, mostly with bad memories, but he was able to notice something different about the weapon. "Good eyes~ I was able to snag some chip that would help us out alot in one of those auction things...I-I did spend almost all of my allowances, but lets see if it was worth it or not!"

When the viruses came closer, Cambiare panicked and instinctively began to fire his machinegun without pause. Each shot caused an echo through the narrow alleyway, but other than the spiffy sound effects, the location also provided some advantage for the navi. With all the targets neatly lined up, Cambiare would only have to focus his fire on the row of viruses. "Arh...W-woah!...S-stop!" That said, he still had trouble controlling the recoil of the bucking-horse that is Machinegun.

When the last ammo was fired, the gauntlet withdrew the gun barrels in a blink of an eye. Cambiare was still unsure if the viruses on his front was taken care of, but he had to worry about the Drixol on his back. "The n-new chip, Finny! S-send me that new chip!" The operator was quick with her fingers as she did as she was told, inserting the Thunder chip into her PET. This time around, it was Cambiare's left gauntlet that changed form as a wide, futuristic cannon with numerous cables and wires hooked up on its various ports. The navi charged up his weapon as the cables and wires lit up brightly, along with the mouth of the cannon as electric sparks began to let out.

"J-just get away from me, please!"

With a quick turn-around, Cambiare aimed his cannon at the Drixol behind him and launched a sizable elec-ball at the virus. The navi watched as the ball slowly made its way, nervously waiting its result.

Change: Tenuto Form
1. Andante [30 HP Barrier | 30 HP Casing | 2 TCD]
2. Attack+20 [+20 Damage to each hit | Stackable] {S}
3. MachineGun [30+[b]20[/b] x 9 Shots | Spray Fire] {D} @ DrixolB / Powie A/B
4. Thunder [40+[b]16 (Buff)[/b] | Homing | Stun] {C} @ DrixolA

Cooldown:
Andante: USED
Surrounded by viruses and lacking options, Cambiare valiantly leaped into... defensive action. He slammed his fists together with a modicum of ferocity and created several layers of defense before un-fiercely staring down the viruses in front of him. He pointed a souped-up MachineGun at them and opened fire, the hail of bullets landing numerous hits in the narrow alleyway. By the time the smoke had cleared and Cambiare had recovered from the recoil, only one weakened Powie remained in front of him. He wasted little time surveying the results though, opting instead to turn around and immediately fire a charged Thunder ball at the Drixol behind him. It landed a direct hit and stopped the virus mid-charge just a few yards from the nervous Navi before conducting due to the metal floor and deleting the virus. While he was doing this, the weakened Powie behind him tried to smash him flat, but the barrier surrounding him was enough to prevent damage to himself. The metal panel below Cambiare reverberated loudly, but remained solid after the impact.

Finding itself weakened and without any allies, the remaining Powie decided to count its blessings and jump for the rooftops to escape.

-Viruses-
DrixolA: DELETED
DrixolB: DELETED
PowieA: 10 HP (ESCAPED)
PowieB: DELETED

-Area Description-
100% Metal
Narrow Alley: Movement to the sides is restricted to one panel each way. Unless you feel like walljumping. 3 actions to escape alley to lose constricted movement effect.
Ladder: One panel to the left of PowieB and DrixolB, gives access to a Roof.

BATTLE 2 MOSTLY OTKO COMPLETE!

-NAVI-
Cambiare.EXE: 140 HP [10HP Barrier] [30HP Casing]

Rewards:
DrillArm1
420z
"...Hah...H-haha...We did it!"

Cambiare found himself surprised and joyous by his victory over the viruses in such short time, giving him the well needed boost of confidence after all the ups and downs he's been facing. Quickly grabbing the chips and zennies left by the viruses, the navi turned around to leave the alleyway for good...Till Finny came in with a giant holoscreen that blocked his way. "Hey! Finish your job before you move on!"

"J-j-job? What job? I t-took care of the viruses, I just want to get o-out of here already, I l-l-learned my lesson to never g-go to a scary alleyway!"

Finny, crossing her arms in an iron-tight lock, shook her head. "That's the thing. You DIDN'T take care of the viruses. One of them just ran away!"

"Are...You...Y-you got to be j-joking? There's n-no need for me to go after t-that thing!" Cambiare fired back at Finny, but there seemed to be no change in his operator's unnecessary decision as she continued to shake her head like a child. "...F-fine! T-that one virus, right? I'll take care of it so I-I can never come back to this p-place!"

Now fueled by anger and frustration, Cambiare made his way to the ladder and began to climb up to the roof, where the last Powie made its escape. "Just o-one virus...Just one virus..." The navi thought that it would be a simple task...Little did he know, he was heading into something much bigger than one virus...

-BATTLE THREE, RELUCTANTLY READY!-
((BUMP))
After winning the war but not the argument, Cambiare quickly rushed up the ladder and started to give chase. And what a chase it was, hopping form rooftop to rooftop after that runaway virus until finally coming to a large flattop roof. And with it the Powie came to a stop, just behind a group of collected viruses all wearing white bandanas around a limb or forehead. Seems he'd managed to chase that runaway cub right into the lion's den, which was technically a rooftop overlooking a truly devastating looking fall if one were to tip over the edge. It just meant they had nowhere to escape to this time, or was it the other way around?

Rooftop Gang:
Hardhead: 60HP [Iron Body]
MagTech: 90HP
Powie A: 60 HP
Powie B: 60HP
Powie C: 10HP

Terrain:
80% Normal [Rooftop]
20% Missing [Around rooftop edge]

Navi:
Cambiare.EXE: 140HP

--Rooftop Battle, Start!--
"There it is! Go, go, go!!"

As soon as Cambiare made his way up the roof, he caught a glimpse of the wounded Powie running away in full speed. "H-how is that pillow virus s-so fast!" The navi began his chase for the virus, clumsily swinging his giant-gauntlet-equipped-arms up and down as it quickly became a huge nuisance. "Urgh, you won't catch him this way! This calls for the Grazioso form, don't you think?"

With a quick swipe with her arm, Finny swapped the program drive over her PET as it changed Cambiare's form in a blink of an eye. Now in a sleeker, better equipped form, the navi prepared his energy-based rollerblade and began to close the distance between the virus and himself. "W-w-waahh! S-s-stop already, don't make this harder on m-me!" Though he was making progress, jumping from rooftop to rooftop while riding a high-speed rollerblade was definitely getting to Cambiare's weak nerves...Even to the point where he was begging the virus he intended to delete to stop running away.

Fortunately, it looked like the Powie did exactly as it was told, but it only did so when it was able to regroup with other, healthier viruses. "...Oh look what you've done, Cambi! This is exactly why I told you to take out that virus quickly!" said Finny as she complained for no good reaosn. "Wh-what? I didn't even want to f-f-fight that thing in the first p-...W-whatever, we just have to fight then!" Cambiare was more confident about fighting the viruses compare to the battle before, most likely due to the fact that the location seemed...less disadvantageous.

"...T-that said, I don't think it's best for me to go too f-fast and jump off the roof. Can you c-change the form to something e-else, Finny?"

Finny nodded her head and pulled out the Brio program drive, ready to swap it out from her PET, but stopped just before she laid her finger on it. "...Cambi...Just hold off for a minute,okay? Literally. A minute." The operator eyed the small progress bar on the corner of her PET's screen, showing the time it will take before Cambiare's body will settle down to undergo a form change. "Does that mean I-I can't change forms yet? W-w-what will I do if I really do fall off the roof!" Cambiare screamed in panic. "Hey! Do you want to get bugged so hard that you would rather get deleted or just fall off the roof and just get some boo-boos on your legs?!!?"

"B-boo-boos? Finny, I think I-I would break my leg if I did fall on my l-legs!"

"Oh, there you go again with the broken legs! You remember what Professor Griesinger warned us about changing the program drives too quickly right!! I'm not going to change the program drives, specifically for your safety!"

"E-erp..."

Suddenly remembering all the precautions behind his form changes, Cambiare fell silent as he stared down to the ground. "...S-sorry, Finny." The navi apologized, almost ignoring the fact that dangerous viruses was literally standing in front of him. "*Sigh*...It's alright, Cambi. I know you're always so...Nervous, but lets keep our face straight and deal with this viruses first! And I know exactly what we should use!"

"A-alright!" As the battlechips was loaded into the PET one by one from Finny, Cambiare took the first step in safety and disengaged his energy-skates beneath his feet and struck his hand forward. "Lets s-start this!"

In a blink of an eye, a giant fan materialized in front of the navi and began to blow back the viruses. "T-this seems kinda unfair. You know, especially s-since I was so worried about being thrown off the r-roof..." Cambiare whispered to Finny. "Oh hush. Rather them than you, right? Now stay quiet and knock back that giant magnet-thinger."

The next chip caused Cambiare's right bracelet spew out embers of light-blue energy, prompting the navi to hold up his arm forward. "Don't h-hate me for this...I-I guess!" As he fired the blue beams out from his bracelet, they all curved and converged into a single, larger beam that was much bigger than anything Cambiare fired before. With an unparalleled stopping power, the attack would've been able to knock the Magtect right off the roof, but the navi had the other three viruses to worry about as well.

"Next up, some crabs!"

This time, a familiar Whirly virus appeared just in front of the fan virus, riding its trusty whirlpool and quickly rode along the wind. Cambiare simply watched the summoned virus try to make quick work on the Powies, slamming and crashing it to deletion, and made good use of this time to find a safe location from the incoming attacks...

"I-I really feel bad about trying to p-push these viruses out of the roof, Finny." said Cambiare as he finally spoke out what he felt. "Oh come on. I ain't a professor at virus-emotions-and-feelings-and-la-di-da, but I'm sure they would try to do the same to you if they had a way to push you out the roof." Cambiare fell silent for a moment before answering back.

"...G-good point."

Change: Grazioso Form
* Staccato [Movement] Chase Powie C (Formerly Powie A)
1. Wind [Push | Reduce Accuracy | To-All-Clause (Enemies) | Wind | 100 HP] {S}
2. AirShot [20 | Microburst | Wind] {A} @ MagTect
3. AquaWhirl [70 | Panel Change: Aqua | Gust Guided] {C | Random} @ Powie A/B/C
4. Dodge

Cooldown:
None
Bump