Malfunctioning Machines

The data from the PET streamed through the jack in cable and when it's arrived it took on its original form. Enchanter was standing in the television's system and Caerbannog was right next to him. A red flaming circle surrounded them, which was the data exfoliated from the network because of their arrival, but after a few moments it volatilized and became part of the network again. Of course this little data loss didn't have any effect on the system and even if it would make any harm the self-repair programs could easily deal with it. The navi looked around searching for the cause of the problems and waited for his partner. Caerbannog was just standing without a word, staring into the distance with his two glowing white eyes.

- Okay, let's hunt some viruses! - said Enchanter, after Raider arrived and followed him. Naturally the support program went with it's "owner".
A screeching flash appeared above the ground, and moved downwards. As it passed by, Raider and his subordinate materialized. Their partners were already there, so Raider armed his rifle, and prepared for action.
"All right ladies and gentlemen, time for big game hunting" said Dave.
"You heard the boss, Soldier, eyes and ears, cover our rears!" ordered Raider, and turned to Enchanter. "Good hunting" he said, and started walking.

[Ready for action]
Jacking into the television set, Enchanter, Raider and their fellow Support Programs found themselves in a strange netspace. Around them, instead of the cheerful backgrounds most networks had, a wall of static made up the skies, though there wasn't any sound coming from it. In fact, there was a complete absence of any sort of sound: the place seemed to soak up anything and turn it into silence. On top of that, a fair bit of the floor was the same grey static as well, creating the appearance of disappeared flooring. In the middle of the static-ridden flooring, a towering antenna loomed over the team, along with an entourage of viruses. Four Billy flanked the antenna on all sides, while two Eleballs orbited the top, providing the antenna with its source of energy.

-- OPPOSITION --
Billy A: 80 HP [Guarding Antenna] (Static)
Billy B: 80 HP [Guarding Antenna] (Static)
Billy C: 80 HP [Guarding Antenna] (Static)
Billy D: 80 HP [Guarding Antenna] (Static)
Eleball A: 80 HP [Orbiting Top of Antenna]
Eleball B: 80 HP [Orbiting Top of Antenna]

-- OBJECTS --
Large Antenna: 500 HP (Static)
-- Around 30 feet to the top
-- Climbable

-- NAVIGATORS --
Enchanter.EXE: 140 HP (Normal)
Caerbannog.SP: 40 HP (Normal)
Raider.EXE: 120 HP (Normal)
Soldier.SP: 70 HP (Normal)

-- TERRAIN --
60% Static (Unknown Effect) (Everywhere else)
20% Magnet (Scattered around)
20% Normal (Teleporter leading in, and a little surrounding it)

-- BATTLE START!! --
"Dave, do you see this too?" asked Raider from his operator.
"Yeah," he replied, "Raider, sit-rep!"
"We have a large antenna tower, with four bogey on the ground, and two on the top. There is a strange static aura around them, looks like they tampered things up badly." reported Raider.
"Hey, Tim, I think we've found the problem here." said Dave, "Allright ..." he continued afther a short pause, " ... if that's the problem, let's fix it. Any ideas?"
"Let me think." said Raider, and started pondering. "To begin with, we'll need some cover."
"Leave it to me!" replied Dave, and started looking for the RemoteBit chip.
"Right. It looks like the two orbs on the top power their operation, whatever it might be. They didn't notice us yet, at least they didn't react to our presence. But if we cut their power, they'll get pissed off for sure. I dare presume that I'm better at sharpshooting, so I'll take out the orbs on the top, you engage with those on the ground, 'kay?" said Raider to Enchanter, and readyied his rifle. "Oh, and try to stay out of those static areas, I suppose. I haven't got the faintest idea how they can affect us."

"RemoteBit on the move." said Dave, as he inserted the battlechip. The information, mixed with energy streamed through Raider's system, and the well-known digital blueprint appeared in his mind.
He selected a likeable location, between the antenna tower and the four of them, an released the concentrated energies. The panel began glowing, then a blast door appeared, which opened up, revealing a hole. A second later, a slender tower ascended from it, full of whirring and sparkling gizmo, and big, round coil on the top. The whole stuff started buzzing, as it accumulated huge static power on its top.
"Allright, that will be our cover." said Raider to the rest of the team, and took a shooting stance right behid it.

He fixed his sight on the two orbs on the top, and started thinking on how to take them out.
"Two targets at long range. Dave, do we think the same?"
"Yup," replied Dave, "sending the TwinFang righ away!"
Raider clicked in a magazine, and armed his rifle. The chip's content flowed through him again, but it immediately redirected itself into his weapon. When the energy stream subsided, Raider knew, felt what changed. The first bullet in the magazine became a split one, with a really small explosive charge between the two halves.
"That will do ..." said Raider as he locked on the orbs on the top. They were quite high, but Raider thought it was greatly within the gun's range.
"Soldier!" he said to his subordinate.
"SIR?" he replied.
"I want you to ensure covering fire for Enchanter, and Mr. Tinman, understood?"
"YES, SIR, LOUD AND CLEAR!"
"And here's something, that will Guard your butt. I mean ... literally." said Dave, as he inserted the deffensive chip, forming a protective barrier around Soldier.
"Allright ... move, move, move!" said Raider to Soldier, ordering him to begin the assault.
The targeting systems in the rifle beeped quietly as the target was found, and once again, when they were locked in the cross-hairs.
"Gotcha!" whispered Raider as he fired, launching the dual projectiles with a thundering boom, while his subordinate jumped forth to attract the enemy's attention, hopefully leaving enought time to Enchanter and Caerbannog to land an attack. One moment later the energy accumulated in the coil above them bursted, and a glaring lightning bolt rushed towards the nearest virus screeching and cracking.

Hoping that his massive attack will be enough for the two orbs, he looked down on the ground to observe how his partner handles the situation, or to prepare avoiding incoming enemy attacks, if necessary.

---------- Summary ----------
Raider

[li]RemoteBit (object summon, 100 HP, between them and the viruses)
    [li]Guard on Soldier
  • Twinfang (70x2, "A" accuracy) + Snipe (seeking) + Marksmanship (+accuracy) + Damage Control (passive strenghten, +10/+10) --> EleballA & EleballB (80 - 80 damage)
Soldier

• Covering fire for Enchanter and Caerbannog (Attack BillyA, 25 damage)
RemoteBit

• Zap BillyB (100 elec damage + panel break, "B" accuracy)
- Yeah, it sure looks like that this is the source of the problem. - replied Timothy to Dave. - So it's time to get in action, right Enchanter?
- Yeah Tim, but it looks like there is something big going on. I'm entirely sure that the antenna is emitting this wall of static and the viruses are looking over it's functioning. And most of the floor is already covered in this grayness, thankfully we've still got plenty space, but we can't use our strongest chip. - Enchanter began explaining the situation to his operator.
- So it's enough to delete the virii and the malfunctioning of the television would stop, right? And even if there would be still problems we can take care of them later. - sorted out the most important looking information Tim a little impatiently, seeing that Dave and Raider were already in action.

- Wow, it's really helpful! From this cover it will be pretty easy to take care of the Billys. - Enchanter thanked Raider for the RemoteBit, but before he would start attacking he gave an order to Caerbannog. - Your system is still weak and not quite durable, so stay behind and only worry about your own safety, and that's an order. - and while the fire navi told this to the support program in a unquestionable voice, he pointed towards the RemoteBit. The two white glowing eyes under the metal helmet stared into Enchanter's face and even without a single word the navi know that the knight right before him really wants to help him, and saw the pain in the two bright spot, the pain of not being able to do anything. Enchanter was really thankful when his support program finally nodded, understanding that right know he's only in the way.

- Okay Tim, let's try to take out two of them at the same time, it would really save on our supplies. - said the fire navi and finally activated his battle mode. His long black hair and the robe that he was wearing lifted for a moment from the wind current created by the small flame which suddenly flared at Enchanters feet. The symbols on his white gloves begun to shine with red color and the yellow eyes of the fire navi started to resemble the eyes of a hunting predator.
- Fine, I'm sending the Shotguns, but you must aim carefully, we can't waste a single chip, if it can be avoided. - said Tim and picked out the two chips from his pocket smoothly.

While his operator slotted the chips in and the data arrived, he was already getting ready for the shots. He measured the distance, looked for a good place where he could hopefully damage two of the viruses at the same time and prepared to manipulate and shape the incoming data as preciously as possible. When the Shotgun chip reached the navi it took the from of a lot of sharp and spiky shards, which looked like glass at first glance. The shards were floating before Enchanters reached out right hand, until he did a slight gesture, which would be closest to a push. The glass shards flew towards a Billy, but hopefully another one would get some of them as well. Shortly after that the data of the next chip also arrived and the fire navi did the exactly same, sending a second wave at the viruses.
After that he pulled back behind the RemoteBit hoping that it would block the incoming attacks.

- It looked good, I hope it works... Oh and before I forget in the heat of the battle. Dave, I read on the BBS that elec navis can burrow into magnet panels, so if something unexpected happen Raider can take shelter there, but I suppose you already know that. - said Tim.

- Summary -

Enchanter.EXE:

1. Aim
2. Shotgun ( 50 + Spread 1 ) BillyC and BillyD
3. Shotgun ( 50 + Spread 1 ) BillyC and BillyD

Caerbannog.SP:

1. Hiding behind the RemoteBit and trying to stay alive.
The summoning of the RemoteBit alerted the Billy to the two Navis' presence, causing them to pick up on their alertness. All of them began charging their electrical rods, but the bit was faster, and zapped one of the Billy to oblivion. The others took this as a cue to attack, and began opening fire. Two of them focused on Enchanter and Raider, while one focused on Caer and Soldier. Needless to say, it was pretty one-sided, as the electrical tower between the Billy and the Navis absorbed the brunt of the attack. (10) (10) (10) The Navis pressed on with their assault, focusing on taking out the ground Billy. Another Billy was felled, while two survived, with Soldier's suppressing fire not doing what it was supposed to do and just sort of going off a tangent or something. The TwinFangs fired by Raider did not reach their targets, as the tower was simply too high! They would probably have to reach the base of the tower to get a more accurate shot, though they could risk a less accurate one from where they were. The Eleballs now glowed a more distinct yellow; it seemed that they were about to start attacking.

During all of this, however, the static-infected terrain seemed to affect the Billy on the ground, giving them a strange glow of some sort. Wonder what was that about?

-- OPPOSITION --
Billy A: 80 HP [Guarding Antenna] (Static) (Poison5)
Billy B: DELETED
Billy C: 30 HP [Guarding Antenna] (Static) (40HP Barrier)
Billy D: DELETED
Eleball A: 80 HP [Orbiting Top of Antenna]

-- OBJECTS --
Large Antenna: 500 HP (Static)
-- Climbable
RemoteBit Control Tower: 70 HP (Static)

-- NAVIGATORS --
Enchanter.EXE: 140 HP (Normal)
Caerbannog.SP: 40 HP (Normal)
Raider.EXE: 120 HP (Normal)
Soldier.SP: 70 HP (Normal) (Guard1)

-- TERRAIN --
55% Static (Unknown Effect) (Everywhere else)
5% Cracked (Where BillyB was)
((Seeking does not bypass high altitude? oO))

Raider thought his targets were in the range of his weapon, but sadly, he was wrong.
"Oh, come on!" he said, as the projectiles couldn't reach the viruses. "I'm gonna shoot you anyway, no chance I'm getting on those panels!" said Raider, mostly for himself.
"Yeah, stay out of that area, if you can. I don't want to spend hours debugging your code ... " said Dave, as he heard what Raider muttered.
Hoping that the RemoteBit will endure the orbs' upcoming attack, Raider didn't step away. At this time, he focused on only one target, and locked it in the crosshairs.

In the meantime, Soldier, still having his guard on, pressen on attacking, trying to catch the attention of one of the Billys. He waited for the automated coil tower to discharge, in the form of another lightning bolt, and then he launched a grenade at the virus he tried to hit previously.

As the electro-magnetic disturbance subsided, and Raider was satisfied with the aiming, he started to gather his energies, and streamed it into the bullet in his rifle. The raw, accumulated energy formed a glowing, sparking coating around it, enchanting its penetrating capabilites. When the charge level reached its maximimum, Raider fired again, and said "You're not going to get away this time". The bullet left a sparkling tail behind as it flew through the battlefield towards its target ...

Raider

[li]Taking aim
    [li]Charge
  • Headshot (120 damage) + Marksmanship (+accuracy) + Snipe (seeking) + Damage Control (passive strenghten, 20) --> EleBallA (140 damage)

Soldier

• Attack BillyA (25 damage)

RemoteBit

• Zap BillyC (80 damage + panel break)
- Wow, that RemoteBit of yours is a super useful chip! - said Tim happily, after witnessing that the cover works perfectly.
- Yeah, thanks Raider, it helps a lot.
- Okay, were doing especially good till now. Now I'm sending our last gun chips, use them well. - and so the operator took out a HeatShot and a Cannon chip from his pocket and got ready to slot them.
- You know that I will. - replied Enchanter.

The fire navi looked around searching for a position where he might be able to shot the two Billys at the same time. He decided what's the best place in the fraction of a second and of course moved there with a few rapid steps.
- I'm ready for the first one. - said the fire navi.
Tim slotted the HeatShot easily right away, like it would be his daily routine... well it is.
As the data arrived it took a form similar to the Shotgun chips, but the shards now were glowing with red light, just like the symbols on Enchanters gloves. The air was vibrating around them and anyone could tell at first glance that they were imbued with fire.... and that they were really hot.
The navis eyes were observing the viruses for a few moments and after the he shot out the shards with the same gesture like last time.
- Here goes the second one. - commented his actions Tim as he slotted in the Cannon chip.
Enchanter used this chip many times already so he took a firm stance, getting ready for the recoil, while the data arrived. The shape of the battle chip was a glowing white orb as big as a soccer ball. The fire navi hold it before himself with both of his hands. The orb was shot out with a loud bang targeting a Billy and gave a knockback for the navi.
Caerbannog was just doing what's been told to him and didn't left the cover. He gripped his sword really tight while waiting anxiously to finally do something useful.

- Summary -

Enchanter.EXE:

1. Aim
2. HeatShot ( 45 fire + Spread 1 ) BillyA and BillyC
3. Cannon ( 40 + Knockback ) BillyA

Caerbannog.SP:

1. Still behind the cover and dodge if he needs.
[Seeking does bypass High Altitude. I just rolled a miss.]

As the Eleballs continued to revolve around the top of the antenna, Enchanter fired out a couple of superheated shards at the viruses, which nearly smoked one of them, but only rebounded off the other. The viruses took this as a cue to attack, but again, the shots were blocked off by Raider's Remote Bit. (15) (15) Raider's Remote Bit tower discharged another shot towards one of the Billy, deleting it pretty easily. Soldier's grenade also managed to chip off more of the enemy's health, but Enchanter's white orb flew off target and hit the antenna instead, denting it slightly.

Meanwhile, Raider had his focus on one of the revolving Eleballs, charging up a special bullet for it. Sparks flew as the bullet was fired, and flawlessly pierced the electric virus. Suddenly, the battlefield froze in an instant of time as the other Eleball unleashed its attack. Tiny tendrils of blue electricity coursed through the air during the freeze, piercing through everyone present in the area. Luckily, it was little more than a sting, and the timefreeze stopped shortly after. (5 to-all) The Billy's strange glow disappeared after the freeze as well.

During all of this, in the real world, things began to get a little hairy. Probably due to that stray Cannon shot, the TV had begun to go on the fritz once again. Suddenly turning on, the TV decided to amp up its volume to 11 and turn on the most static-ridden frequency it was capable of. Needless to say, everyone's ears suffered badly until they managed to find the volume knob. Which was kind of hard, seeing that the OXED TV was one of the latest model of ultra-thin TVs that didn't have a volume knob, only a remote control.

-- OPPOSITION --
Billy A: 10 HP [Guarding Antenna] (Static)
Billy C: DELETED
Eleball A: DELETED

-- OBJECTS --
Large Antenna: 460 HP (Static)
-- Climbable
RemoteBit Control Tower: 35 HP (Static) (1 Turn Left)

-- NAVIGATORS --
Enchanter.EXE: 135 HP (Normal)
Caerbannog.SP: 35 HP (Normal)
Raider.EXE: 115 HP (Normal)
Soldier.SP: 65 HP (Normal) (Guard1)

-- TERRAIN --
(Oh, mi scusi!)

"Aww, ouch, my ears!" said Dave after the sonic shock, "And my head's about to explode! Imagine if the batteries were dead ..." he continued, and dropped the remote on the shelf, next to the TV.

"Take care aiming! We can't just riddle everithing here ... I'm sure they makes us buy the stuff we happen to ruin!" said Raider to Enchanter, and readied his rifle. "Allright, we still have two targets left, let's take them out!"
Raider checked the RemoteBit's condition. Due to the impacts of the enemy attacks it absorbed, some of its mobile parts were stalling, but the whole machine was still running. Since it had power for only three shots, Raider was very satisfied with its performance.
"Looks like it has one more shots," he said, "Let's make it useful!"
Raider set the last Billy as its target. By this time, the coils on the top were charged up, ready to fire for the last time. The tower released the accumulated energy, just before Soldier fired his rocket launcher, since Raider didn't ordered hm to stop.

"And I guess you take care of that orb, right" asked Dave.
"Jup. And I need some weapons to do so."
"Right away!" replied Dave, and slotted in another chip. "Sending a Cannon chip, make it hit."
"Don't worry, I will ... " said Raider as he looked at the last orb. "You'll follow your buddy in no time!" he said, and began preparing for firing. Right after the chip's data arrived, his rifle transformed into a grenade launcher, and a huge, peaky, 80mm AP grenade materialized. Raider held it in his right hand tight, and focused his energies into it. When he was done, the projectile was glowing, and sparking.
He inserted it into the barrel, armed the weapon, and aimed at the last orb. "Lock and load" he said, and fired ...

[We'd like to ask for a split turn, since Magneto would like to act based on what happens now.]

Raider

[li]Taking aim
    [li]Lock and load (80 strengthen)
  • Cannon (40 damage) + Marksmanship (+accuracy) + Snipe (seeking) + Damage Control (20 passive strenghten) --> EleBallB (140 damage)
Soldier

• Attack BillyA (25 damage)
RemoteBit

• Zap BillyA (80 damage + panel break)
Taking advantage of the situation, Raider loaded up one last bullet before firing it at the Eleball, deleting it easily. His Support Program landed a hit on the last Billy and ended the battle. The antenna was thus deprived of its viral interference, and started broadcasting normally, causing the static-ridden background of the netspace to disappear from sight.

-- OPPOSITION --
Billy A: DELETED
Billy C: DELETED
Eleball A: DELETED
Eleball B: DELETED

-- OBJECTS --
Large Antenna: 460 HP (Static)
-- Climbable
RemoteBit Control Tower: 35 HP (Static) (1 Turn Left)

-- NAVIGATORS --
Enchanter.EXE: 135 HP (Normal)
Caerbannog.SP: 35 HP (Normal)
Raider.EXE: 115 HP (Normal)
Soldier.SP: 65 HP (Normal) (Guard1)

-- TERRAIN --

-- BATTLE VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

Enchanter: 300z + 24 BugFrags + 2 FXP
Raider: 300z + [Plasma1] BattleChip + 24 BugFrags + 2 FXP
- Oh, gosh.. be a little bit more careful... it was almost as bad as my sisters singing. - said Tim, rubbing his ears. They were still ringing from the annoying sound, which the TV emitted. He thankfully nodded towards Dave for finding the remote.
- Okay, we're out of ranged battle chips and if it can be avoided I don't want to step on these strange panels. So I've come up with a plan. - said Enchanter, who looked like he hadn't heard his operator at all.
- I'm all ears. - answered Tim. After the little incident he was thankful that he was wrong.
- First you send me a rageclaw, with that I lift the control tower of the RemoteBit, unfortunately we won't have a cover anymore, but if I can throw it to the Eleball it will be worth it. Thanks to my ability, I can anchor the virus to the ground if my aim isn't off. After that it will be a piece of cake to finish it off. - explained the fire navi his cunning plan.
- Not that I doubt how far you can throw, but there is a slight problem. -
- Oh did I leave something out of my calculations? - said the navi. As he looked around all he found was Raider with a still smoking gun in his hands. However the viruses were nowhere to be found. The netspace started to change back to its original form as well.
- Oh don't worry, it was a good plan, really. - tried to comfort his navi Timothy. It was only natural that his partner would take care of the enemies if he wasted too much time on thinking.

- Well, good job both of you. - complimented Enchanter Raider and Soldier. There were a little sadness in his voice, but maybe Tim was the only one who noticed it. - Come Caerbannog, it was only the first one. We're going ahead Raider.
And the fire navi and his support program left the TV's Network and returned to the PET.

- So the next one is the Prosonic Hi-Fi Set. It's the first from the left. - read Tim from the list and went towards the left side of the row. - Don't let it get to you. I promise you that after we finish this mission you will be much faster than Raider, and you will become powerful too, Caerbannog. - the young operator told them while he was on his way.
It wasn't hard to find the jack-in port on the Hi-Fi. It was next to the speakers ports, where it usually is. There wasn't much to think about, they jacked in, hoping that there won't be a sonic boom coming out of this malfunctioning machine.

[ If nothing goes wrong we're ready for the next battle. ]
As soon as the team jacked into the speaker, one thing was very evident: this mission was probably not going to be easy on their ears. Three humongous speakers stood tall and proud behind a large stage filled with Champu viruses, which were presumably rocking out to some terrible metal pumping through said speakers. Atop the speakers sat a few other viruses, which consisted of a metallic HardHead, a spiky-haired Twisty, and a stuffed Scarecrow. None of the viruses had noticed the team come in yet due to the pumping decibels, so they could probably get some attacks in. It would be quite a feat, though, as the music was so loud the Navis and SPs felt themselves having trouble staying on their feet.

-- ENEMY TEAM --
HardHead: 60 HP [IronBody] (On top of Inf. Speaker 1)
Twisty: 80 HP (On top of Inf. Speaker 2)
Scarecrow: 100 HP (On top of Inf. Speaker 3)
Champu A: 60 HP (Normal)
Champu B: 60 HP (Normal)
Champu C: 60 HP (Normal)
Champu D: 60 HP (Normal)
Champu E: 60 HP (Normal)

-- OBJECTS --
Infected Speaker 1: 300 HP [Gust Effect]
Infected Speaker 2: 300 HP [Gust Effect]
Infected Speaker 3: 300 HP [Gust Effect]
:: [Infected Speakers are about as large as a four-storey building, viruses placed near edge. Spaced about a few yards from each other, they are arranged behind the raised stage focusing on the Navis.]
:: [Gust Effect: Equal to a passive Knockback. Does not affect viruses.]

-- NAVIGATOR TEAM --
Enchanter.EXE: 140 HP (Metal)
Caerbannog.SP: 40 HP (Metal)
Raider.EXE: 120 HP (Metal)
Soldier.SP: 70 HP (Metal)

-- TERRAIN --
70% Metal (Everywhere Else)
30% Normal (Raised Stage)

-- BATTLE START!! --
As they jacked into the speaker, Raider and Soldier realized that they won't be able to communicate with each other, or at least not in the usual way. The music was terrible, and so loud that it was nearly painful. Raider grinning as he beared it, but soon he got accustomed to it. As long as that terrible soundstorm doesn't get any stronger, he'll endure it ... hopefully. He looked at Soldier, but he couldn't see anything on his face, or, on tha part of his face that was not covered by his helmet.
He looked around, measured the situation, thinking on the strategy of the upcoming battle. Due to verbal communication could not be carried out, Raider opened a secure comm channel to Dave, and sent a short text message to him.
"I have a plan. Need some weapons. I'll respond later." was readable in the message panel on the screen of Dave's PET. Dave just disabled the speakers, and started browsing through the battlechips.

After that Raider temporally suspended the comm channel, and opened a new one to Enchanter.
"Listen up, I have a plan. They didn't notice us yet, so we have the advantage of a first strike again. I intend to use it well, and take out the bogeys on the top of the speakers. If that stops the music, the folks on the stage will get pissed, I think. Would you take care of them? Soldier will support you ..." was his message, and he kept the channel open, in case of Enchanter would like to reply.
He looked at Soldier, and smiled. There were no need for words. He just grabbed his weapon, nodded at Solder, made a gesture like loading a shotgun and pointed to the viruses on the stage. Soldier nodded, inserted a grenade in his launcher, and prepared for attack.

"All set!" thought Raider, and focused the raving viruses on the top of the speakers. He remembered the failed Twinfang attack from the last time, and shook his head. No way he'll let it happen again! He planned to use the attack he riddled the last Plasma orb, at the previous fight, and clicked in a new magazine. He focused his powers, and streamed it into the gun, forming a sparking and cracking coating around the bullet in it. Raider kneeled down, since he had enough time to aim carefully. When he was done with the aiming, and the crosshairs were locked on the middle of the Scarecrow virus, he fired, and the projectile flew through the battlefield.

A moment later, he felt energy mixed with digital information flowing through him. The Cannon battlechip arrived, and did its job; his weapon took the shape of a mortar launcher, loaded and armed, ready to fire. "Good timing." thought Raider, and raised the gun. He pointed to the other speaker, which had the HardHead on the top.
"You might look tough, but I bet, you're soft inside, too." he thought, and tapped the essence of his subordinate's sourcecode. He borrowed some parts from it, especially those, which were allowing Soldier to destroy things so efficiently. He tried to mix Soldier's rave power, and his own precision to lay a devastating attack on the enemy. He finalized the aiming, and fired.
A moment later, Soldier jumped forth, and attacked the viruses on the stage, hoping that these multiple attack will comfuse them, allowing to carry out a second strike.
Since the comm channel was still open, he sent another message to Enchanter, which was: "No cover this time, let's make it quick. Oh, and if you doesn't want to kill our operators, take care aiming :P"
After all that, he re-opened the channel to Dave, moitoring both of them simultaneously, and watching what will his partner do, and how will the enemy react.

Raider

[li]Charge
    [li]Headshot + Snipe + Marksmanship --> Scarecrow (120 damage, seeking, accuracy+ )
  • Cannon + Smash + Marksmanship + Damage Control --> HardHead (60 damage, brake, accuracy+)
Soldier

• Attack ChampuA (25 damage)
- I hoped that it wouldn't be something like this. - yelled Enchanter, trying to over shout the music. He's efforts didn't pay off. The three speakers were unbelievably large and the sounds coming from them were well matched. After the navi measured the situation, he came to the conclusion that it wouldn't be too hard to delete the virii... in normal environments. He looked around carefully searching for a way to stop this sound, or at lest for a way to obtain an earplug... Surprisingly the only visible change on Caerbannog was that his glowing white eyes were smaller than normally. He stared the Champus on the stage and tried to come up with counter plans if they notice them and start to attack.
- Bear with this "music" a little longer, I'm trying to do something about it. - said Tim. His voice reached Enchanter directly through the Jack-in cable, the navi heard Tims voice right in his head. But in this loudness, even this way he couldn't hear the words clearly.
- It's hard to hear you in this.... - Enchanters couldn't continue the sentence, because it suprised him too much that suddenly everything went silent. He couldn't hear a single thing.
- So what do you say? Is it better now? - asked Tim. His voice was clear, and thanks to the silence maybe a little loud. - I put up a filter in your sensors, from now on, while this is active you won't notice a certain type of signals. The data you can't process are the sounds, so basically you're deaf for now. Because you're linked to the PET directly we can still talk, the filter only stops the data arriving from the net. - explained the operator what was he working on till now.
- Pretty impressive, but unfortunately it still won't stop the most annoying problem. - said Enchanter, and even while he didn't hear he could feel the music. He felt every beat of the music right on his skin, thanks to the air rushing out of the speakers. It was like standing right in the middle of a storm where the wind blew with a pulse.

- That's exactly what I wanted to suggest. After we were able to witness yours superb snipping skills it's only natural that we will take care of the ground. - replied Tim to Dave in the real world after reading the incoming message of his navi. - Enchanter it's time to use our speciality, element control. We gonna start with a shotgun. - and he slotted the shotgun chip.

The stream of data arrived almost in no time to the navi, who was already in his battle mode. In the net world it took up the form of white sharp shards floating right before Enchanter, like usually. He begun to reconstruct it a little bit, to imbue it with water element. Slowly the color of the shards started to turn into light blue and they stretched, making them looks more like spikes. After a few moments they took up their final form, and there were suddenly a lot of icicles floating in the air. Like always, the fire navi carefully chose his targets, which right now were two Champus whose movements could be called dancing, if nodding your head and waving your hands was a dance. The symbols on both of Enchanters gloves glowed whit a brighter light than usual for a moment, and all of the ice spikes started to fly towards the two virii. It certainly took more time than just a normal shot, a perfect example of everything having a price.

- Okay let's try to finish off the one which Soldier attacked. - said Tim and slotted a cannon chip, hoping to finish of the Champu which his partners support program attacked.
The destructive power concentrated in Enchanter's right palm, looking like a white ball. He was already trying to stand in the most stable stance, thanks to the sound waves, and now only moved his right arm. He reached it out in front of himself and shot out the orb. This time the knockback from the cannon was too strong and the navi lost his balance. As he started to fall on his back, Caerbannog stepped in front of him and dropped to one knee. No one ordered him or anything, he just felt like he could be useful finally. His grip on the sword tightened as he got ready to parry the incoming attacks. He got ready to throw away his life, if needed to save someone. This kind of strong determination was one of the characteristic of a real knight, or at least that's what he thought.

- Summary -

Enchanter.EXE:

1. + 2. Enchan Weapon - Aqua and Shotgun ( 50 aqua ) ChampuD and ChampuE
3. Cannon ( 40 + Knockback ) ChampuA

Caerbannog.SP:

1. Being a living shield and trying to parry the incoming attacks.
Using the element of surprise to their advantage, Raider began to snipe some of the enemies on the tops of the speakers. The Scarecrow was shot in the head without a second, and the HardHead received a similar fate. The Twisty saw this and of course got understandably pretty mad. Sending its RemoteBit down, it rained electric death on Raider, amplified even more by the paneling he was standing on. (30x2Metal) The Champu Soldier attacked managed to avoid the poor program's strikes, and retaliated by ganging up on him. The Support Program received a bruise or two, but got a surprise when his ass was saved by Enchanter's icicle airstrike and orb attack. Due to the spreading nature of the icicles, however, only one Champu was struck lethally. The others got a scratch or two. The Champus then redirected their focus towards Enchanter, teleporting up to him to give him a bruising. His Support Program stepped up to the plate to protect Enchanter, but only managed to deflect one attack before getting his face bashed in. (10x2)

-- ENEMY TEAM --
HardHead: DELETED
Twisty: 80 HP (On top of Inf. Speaker 2)
Scarecrow: DELETED
Champu A: 20 HP (Normal)
Champu C: 60 HP (Metal)
Champu D: DELETED
Champu E: 60 HP (Metal)

-- OBJECTS --
Infected Speaker 2: 300 HP [Gust Effect]
:: [Infected Speakers are about as large as a four-storey building, viruses placed near edge. Spaced about a few yards from each other, they are arranged behind the raised stage focusing on the Navis.]

-- NAVIGATOR TEAM --
Caerbannog.SP: 20 HP (Metal)
Raider.EXE: 60 HP (Metal)

-- TERRAIN --
With a loud bang, which was still not strong enough to be noticeable in this music, Caerbannog's helm bent on the right side, thanks to the left hook of the Champu. There was steam flying up from the bright red mark left by the flaming fist. The knight lost focus for a moment, but regained his posture in no time. He was in the face of the enemy and he know or at least felt that he doesn't stand a chance. Thankfully his job was only to buy some time and he succeeded in that.

A hand landed on the shoulder of the support program, which was covered with a white glove. As he looked up he saw his master standing next to him. Enchanters black rugged robe and dark hair was dancing furiously in the wind and his yellow eyes were shining, looking at the fire virus.
- Tim, send me the heatshot and get ready to slot the sword after that. - said the navi. It was obvious that he forced himself to use a calm tone, his voice wavering. It sounded like a still safe looking volcano's rumble before it erupts and becomes a natural disaster.
- Just don't do anything hasty... - answered his operator and did exactly what's been told to him, slotted the Heatshot and got ready to send next one too.

Warmness spread in Enchanter's body as the data arrived and the symbols on his gloves, which were glowing intensively with a red color, started to come off like they were only stickers. They looked like strange letters made of flames and were flying in front of the fire navi.
- Caerbannog, I think it's better if you take a few step backwards... - suggested Tim.
The knight heard the voice, thanks to the connection to the PET, and as he stumbled back, still feeling a little dizzy, he watched Enchanter clench his right fist. The flaming symbols straightened and become arrows made out of fire, aiming towards the two Champus whose came down from the stage. An evil grin appeared on the fire navis face.
- This puny little fire which you used is only a joke, right? It looks like I need to show you what TRUE FIRE IS! NOW TASTE THE FLAME OF MY ANGER! - Shouted Enchanter and the arrows set into motion, targeting the two fire virii.
- Oh, gosh. You should know that they probably didn't hear a single word... - said Tim only to himself and slotted the next chip.

A sword made out of energy appeared in the hand of Enchanter and he took a nimble step towards the enemy without wasting time. The arm swung and the blade came from the right as a horizontal cut. He prepared to finish off one if it survived, before it could counter. Leaping back he took up a defensive stance after the attack and got ready to cut down any champu that teleports close to them. - It would be a pain in the ass to charge at them in this environment and if they want to attack they need to get close anyway. - commented his plan Enchanter. He was still angry, but actually it was partly himself who he blamed. Because of him his support program who was only just modified almost got broken.

-Summary-

Enchanter.EXE:
1. Heatshot ( 45 fire ) ChampuC and ChampuE
2. Sword (80 + slash) if any survived (if luckily I got both of them then getting ready for the counter)
3. Sword (80 + slash) to any Campu who tries to come close to him or Caerbannog

Caerbannog.SP:
1. dodge
"Argh, that hurts!" said Raider, mostly for himself.
"Watch out!" shouted Dave. (Other guests in the shop might have thought that he's nuts.) Quickly realising that Raider might not heard it, Dave sent another message pack:
"Just take care for a little longer, I'm working on something ...", and continued typing wildly.

"... Aaaaaand ... " said Dave and entered the last command ... " done!" Raider could hear the last word too. Furthermore the 'music' began to decrease intensity, and narrow its frequency range.
"Dave ... Dave?" said Raider. He could barely hear his own voice, and then, he heard Dave's voice. it was like listening to him through a highway with rough traffic.
"Yeah. I applied a filter to your voice sensors. This is far from a perfect solution, it just decreases the intensity of the incoming signals to a much more manageable state. In other words, I tuned down the volume. When we'll have some time, I'll refine it, and add it to your code. I already have an idea how to separate the enviromental sound effects from the useful ones, but it will take some time. Anyway, you'll still have to fight with the sonic blast waves, I can't neutralize them, so be on your guard!" was the message.
"I'll do my best ... " Raider replied, and started thinking how to take out the virus on the speaker in the middle. When he decided what to do, he handed in his request: "Dave, I'd like to use the EnergyBomb, please send it!"
"Right away, " replied his operator, "but first, there's something to keep you in one peace, Guard!" he said, and slotted in the two chips.

Raider felt the two chip's data stream flowing through him. The first one created a barrier between him and the viruses, and the second materialized a grenade on his belt. Hoping that the shield will protect him from enemy attacks for a while, he unhooked the grenade. It was a tricky one, a combined EM-frag grenade, which releases an EM surge before exploding, ideal against stationary targets.

"Allright, let's do this!" he said, and started calculating the ideal trajectory. He moved in closer, sped up a little, and threw the grenade towards the Twisty that hurt him badly a moment ago ...

Raider

[li]Guard1 on self
    [li]Moving into position / take aim
  • EnergyBomb (3x40) + Snipe (seeking) + Marksmanship (accuracy+) + Damage Control (+20 passive strengthen) --> Twisty
Soldier

• Help Enchanter and Caerbannog ie. attack if a Champu survives
[Marksmanship only works with Shot-type attacks.]

Casting a Heat spell, Enchanter took care of two of the Champu, with both of them severely wounded. The attacked boxers teleported up to Enchanter to take a swing at him, but were both met with sword swipes. The Twisty fired upon Raider once again, but the shot was reflected and hit it for quite a bit of damage. The EnergyBomb hit flawlessly as well, deleting the Twisty. Un~fortunately for Raider, it also damaged the speaker for quite some damage.

YOU CAN'T KILL THE METAL, THE METAL WILL LIVE ON, THE METAL WILL LIVE OOOOOONNNNN

Yeah, that was basically it, pumped through the speakers at volume 11. Everyone was literally brought to their knees, no casualties reported though. Oh, and one of the Champu did get attacked by Soldier, deleted. The last Champu tried to get in a hit for Caerbannog (man that's a mouthful) but the lil' guy managed to evade both of its powerful hooks.

-- ENEMY TEAM --
HardHead: DELETED
Twisty: DELETED
Scarecrow: DELETED
Champu A: DELETED
Champu C: DELETED
Champu D: DELETED
Champu E: DELETED

-- OBJECTS --
Infected Speaker 2: 180 HP [Gust Effect]

-- NAVIGATOR TEAM --
Caerbannog.SP: 20 HP (Metal)
Raider.EXE: 60 HP (Metal)

-- TERRAIN --
As the speakers begun to shout Timothy tried to cover his ears with his hands, but it didn't go too well, thanks to the simple fact that he was holding a PET in one of them. He would perfectly agree with the statement coming from the Hi-Fi, he's a big fan of the Cyber Steel rock band, but it was so loud that his head almost exploded. Luckily it didn't last long, but Tim's ears were ringing continuously for a few minutes after the incident.

Meanwhile, in the networld the battle was coming to its end. Caerbannog fortunately was able to dodge the attacks so far and he was trying to carry on doing so. He held the sword in both hands in front of him, making it harder for the fire virus to get close.
Enchanter, after slicing up two Champu turned around and easily spotted his new, and last target.
- Oh aiming for the weak one, are we? I also like this game. - said the navi. He closed the distance between him and the virus with a few agile steps and attacked with the sword. The sword slashed down from above, trying to cut the enemy into two pieces, starting with the head. But Enchanter wasn't sure if he was fast enough or not so a second strike followed the other one. Now the blade came from the right, along with a step, aiming to simply chop up the Champu. After the two successive cuts, the navi felt that he'd got some time and send a message to Raider. It contained the following sentence: " I suppose now we're even... " referring to the sonic burst.

-Summary-

Enchanter.EXE:
1. Move
2. Sword (80 + slash) Champu B
3. Sword (80 + slash) Champu B

Caerbannog.SP:
1. dodge

( I would like to ask for a split turn, please.)