Electown, Take 1

.....DONE.}

As Meltdown transferred into Electown, the emblem on his chest began to flash slightly. Meltdown turned on the signal receiver, pretty sure the transmitter was his PET.

{STARTING DATA PATH CONNECTION..........DONE.}
{RECEIVING DATA PATH TRANSMISSION REQUEST.}
{VERIFYING SIGNAL ENCRYPTION..........DONE.}
{SIGNAL [ALANI.PET] CONFIRMED.}
{RECONNECTING DATA PATH USING COMMUNICATION PATH AS ANCHOR.}
{RECONNECTING DATA..........DONE.}

Are you in Electown yet? Alan called to him through the PET.

Yeah, I'm here. Boy, the network sure is different. I can feel a buzz in the network. he said, a little amazed by the difference; he'd never been outside the ACDC network before.

Yeah, well, be careful. The virii here are a bit more powerful, but I think after yesterday that training you in such a weak area of the net isn't the greatest idea. So, let's train you to something more tough so the weak ones won't be a challenge, even in large numbers. explained Alan.

Sounds like a plan. Let's do it.! said Meltdown, forgetting all about his lack of BBS responses. Battle time!

[NAVI STATS]
Meltdown: 120 HP / 120
Raising The Heat [2/2] Charged
Potential Fuel Source [1/1] Charged

[[[BATTLE 1, START]]]
Speed bump.
Suddenly three Billys descended from the skies, dropping in front of Meltdown. They wiggled with pointy arms at him and made flashy sparks appear. Their intimidation tactics failed but it was a good effort.

BillyA: 50 HP
BillyB: 50 HP
BillyC: 50 HP

Terrain: 100% Normal

Meltdown: 120 HP

[Battle 1 - Begin!]
Three Billys. Meltdown had only seen such a virus in databases, not in real life. They looked more intimidating than the displays led him to believe.

Incoming virii. Alan alerted Meltdown.

Yeah, I kinda noticed. You ready?

Am I ready? You're the one who's doing all the work.

Turning his attention back to the battle, Meltdown thought quickly to himself. If I can use the Shotgun spread effectively, I could take them all out at once. Shotgun chip, please. Meltdown communicated to Alan.

As the so-familiar data travelled from the PET to Meltdown, Alan took a look at his navi through the window. Please, don't do anything stupid this time. he thought to himself. Alan couldn't take any more close calls.

While the Shotgun data assembled on his arm, Meltdown looked down the field and landed his focus on the middle Billy. If Meltdown aimed the shot directly at this virus, the spread should take out the ones adjacent to it. Easy Meltdown, time to focus. he calmed himself as he lined up the hopeful hole-in-one. As he steadied his aim, he wondered who created such an effective chip. As the Billy lined itself perfectly into Meltdown's line of fire, the navi released a wave of buster energy directly at the enemy, once again charged to optimum effect by Meltdown's core data. And, just like always, Meltdown's body discharged a small ember of heat as the Shotgun flew through the air.

Alan, what causes that?! Meltdown asked his operator.

What causes what? Alan replied.

Never mind, I'll show you later. In the meantime, Cannon please.

Sure thing. As the Cannon replaced the empty Shotgun, Meltdown aimed it at the ground. Time to try something new. he smirked as he blasted the Cannon into the ground. The resulting force from the Cannon was hopefully enough to not only provide a distraction to any surviving virii, but also push Meltdown into the air, away from any repurcussion.

[ATTACK PLAN]
[P.Ab] Mass Destruction (+1 Spread To Battlechips)
[1] Take Aim
[2] Shotgun [50 Damage + Spread (1+1=)2] => BillyB => BillyA + BillyC
[3] Cannon [Use to launch into the air to prevent being attacked.]
[Passive] Heating Mismanagement [10 Damage /Fire] => Random Enemy

[NAVI STATS]
After taking aim and releasing a magnified blast from his Shotgun, Meltdown shot himself into the air with his Cannon for a better vantage point and to avoid the counterattack, but it never came. Meltdown landed just as the dust cleared revealing nothing but zenny and battlechip data. That was certainly easy.

BillyA: DELETED
BillyB: DELETED
BillyC: DELETED

Terrain: 100% Normal

[Battle 1 - Victory!]

Get: 200z + Thunder battlechip
Meltdown landed with relative ease to an empty battlefield.

Wow. he said with disbelief. That was over fast.

Too fast. commented Alan. It won't all be that easy. Keep a lookout okay?

Don't worry about me, I'll be okay. Spying some random virus data, Meltdown isolated it. Here comes some possible battlechip data.

As it came into the PET, Alan swiped a blank battlechip. Yep, Thunder1. Great work.

Time to keep moving. said Meltdown as he continued down the path.

[ENEMY DEFEATED]
Zenny: 1550z => 1750z
Get Battlechip: Thunder
Battlechips: 9 => 10
LEVEL UP!
Level: 2 => 3

[NAVI STATS]

[[[BATTLE 2, START]]]
Drawn to Meltdown's fiery spirit came 5 Champus! The burning boxers put their dukes up when they laid eyes on the flaming crusher and were prepared for a good fight. It's time to rumble.

ChampuA: 60 HP
ChampuB: 60 HP
ChampuC: 60 HP
ChampuD: 60 HP
ChampuE: 60 HP

Terrain: 100% Metal

Meltdown.exe: 120 HP

-BATTLE 2-
-START-
Five Champus against one Meltdown. This could shape up to be quite the fight.

Don't get in over your head. Alan reminded him, already aware of what was going to try if necessary.

Hey, fire's my arena, there's no way I can lose! he replied cheerfully.

Please, just be careful.

Sizing up his opponents, Meltdown thought he'd try some one-on-one action first. FireHit first, Alan. As the Firehit data charged through Meltdown's arm, the heat only stirred him up even more. Red-hot and ready to go, Meltdown's lust for destruction came to the fore as he locked onto his first target.

Me first! he cried as he lunged forward, swinging hard at the Champu straight ahead. The attack, funnily enough, continually took the shape of a fist as it flew forward, as if it had taken the form that it was fighting against. Not only that, but Meltdown's random ember spark also followed behind it, as if it had been attracted by the aerial assault.

Binder next. Meltdown again requested of his operator. As the Melody formed into his hand he locked onto the next Champu. Bouncy time! he again yelled as he pulled his arm back and threw the Melody into the battle arena. As it flew through the air, its eyes glowed, as if it understood what it was about to do.

Keep an eye out, Meltdown, they'll need to come into range to attack! Alan communicated through the PET link.

All over it. remarked Meltdown as he moved himself to the back of the field, ready to evade any incoming attacks.

[ATTACK PLAN]
[Fire Lv0-5] All Fire-type Battlechips +5 Damage
[1] FireHit1 [(60+5=)65 Damage + Impact] => ChampuA
[2] Binder1 [60 Damage x Up To 4 Hits] => ChampuB + Random
[3] Dodge

[NAVI STATS]
((Ipod modded, may have problems~))

The fist thrown by Meltdown crushed the poor Champu with a single shot, but the rest of the viruses went in for their own attacks! The first attack barely hit the navi and retaliated with the binder, deleting two viruses in a blink of an eye.

ChampuA: DELETED
ChampuB: DELETED
ChampuC: 50 HP
ChampuD: DELETED
ChampuE: 60 HP

Three out of five Champus deleted, and no damage taken. Meltdown couldn't believe it. Did that really just happen? he asked Alan.

What did I just say? Don't get cocky! There's still two out there! Alan reminded him.

I know, I know... he complained. A little congratulations were in order though... Meltdown thought to himself.

The way I see it, take out your last two enemies with the spreader chips coming your way. said Alan as he loaded in both Shotgun and Heatshot battlechips. Oh, and use this Guard as well, just in case. he added as he threw the third chip in.

The three chips transferred successfully and took their positions on Meltdown's frame: the ever-so-useful Shotgun into his right-arm, the red-hot Heatshot into his left arm, and the Guard slid under the Shotgun. From a distance, Meltdown looked ready for just about anything.

Here goes... said Meltdown as he began his run. Hoping to catch the last two Champus in one shot, Meltdown took the Shotgun and levelled it at the closest Champu. Thrusting his arm forward, the Shotgun blast escaped the cannon barrel and flew towards the enemy, modified by Meltdown's always-useful core data.

Pull up the Guard already! shouted Alan through the communicator.

Alright, alright... muttered Meltdown as he deployed the shield to full size and stood behind it. Cut me some slack, I can't fire the Shotgun while the shield is out, I need to fire the Shotgun first!

Okay, okay, sorry. Alan apologized. Just make sure the last Champu gets deleted now.

Done. Poking his left arm out from behind the shield, Meltdown again focused his love of fire into the already-charging Heatshot. As it glowed bright red, Meltdown pointed his buster at where the remaining Champu would be and fired hard. And, of course, a small flame chased the energy ball down, eager to go where it went.

Did you see it that time? said Meltdown.

Yes I did. We'll have a look at it later. Just keep it together for now and win this battle.

[ATTACK PLAN]
[Fire Lv0-5] All Fire-type Battlechips +5 Damage
[P.Ab] Mass Destruction (+1 Spread To Battlechips)
[1] Shotgun [50 Damage + Spread (1+1=)2] => ChampuC => ChampuE
[2] Guard1 [0-60 Damage, Reflects 1 Attack]
[3] HeatShot [(40+5=)45 Damage + Spread (1+1=)2 => ChampuE => ChampuC

[NAVI STATS]
Balancing the attack and defense, Meltdown was on his way to finishing off the virus for good! The shotgun shot through the unwounded virus, which infuriated it into attacking head on, only to be deleted by its own punch...The last remaining Champu was desperate and tried to escape, but the heatshot along with small fireball got the best of it!

ChampuA: DELETED
ChampuB: DELETED
ChampuC: DELETED
ChampuD: DELETED
ChampuE: DELETED

-BATTLE WON!-
450z
Okay, NOW I'll say congratulations. Well done, Meltdown. said Alan.

The navi was beaming from ear to ear. Two battles and not a scratch! See, I can do this!

Rather than correct him, Alan let him have his moment of glory this once. Well, I think it's time to get off. Don't forget, we've got a trip to Sharo in a few days, we'd better start packing.

Oh yeah, the new office opening. I'd better log out then.

[ENEMY DEFEATED!]
Zenny: 1750z => 2200z

{TARGETING [MELTDOWN.EXE] TRANSMISSION DATA..........DONE.}
{PREPARING DATA PATH FOR [MELTDOWN.EXE]..........DONE.}
{TRANSFERRING DATA BACK TO PET..........DONE}

{JACK OUT OF ELECTOWN AREA COMPLETE.}
{CHECKING INTEGRITY OF [MELTDOWN.EXE]..........DONE.}
{RESTARTING NETNAVI PET FUNCTIONS.....