Genie's Moving Out

First there was nothing, until a burst of flames appeared out of nowhere with Djinni emerging from them. Immediately she looked around and took a glance at the ground below her transparent tail. "I'm on the safe road," she said and looked at Na'im after sliding a window in front of her, "Got any idea where to go?"

"Off the yellow road," Na'im said who had opened another window on the PET's screen to check the descriptions of some of the chips he had. Sometimes he nodded, sometimes he arched an eyebrow, but usually understood little of it. "We'll see if something good will come on our path," he said later on and turned off the extra window after having seen enough.

Djinni nodded and moved off the path and onto a different path, her tail moving slowly below her as if it were a snake's tail. "Let's see if I can find something..." she muttered to herself and went across the white path, swaying her ring as if they had become her hips, below her in search of some viruses terrorizing the internet.
((*Kicks Shin's one-line-wonder in the crotch*))
((Softlocked))

Djinni passes by a few battles already in progress, casually observing navis of all sorts battling various viruses. Eventually, she comes across a Mr. Prog carrying a parcel of sorts that's under attack by a few Swordy viruses.

"M-MISS! I REQUIRE ASSISTANCE!" It shouts, behind a semi-circle of Swordy viruses that are advancing slowly upon it. One turns toward Djinni and makes a noise, prompting the others to turn towards her as well. The one that turned swings its' sword through the air then thrusts it in Djinni's general direction, as if to say 'Bring it!'

Mr.Prog: 100 [On other side of Swordy viruses]

Swordy A: 60
Swordy B: 60
Swordy C: 60
Swordy D: 60
Swordy E: 60
Swordy F: 60

Djinni: 180

Battle 1! Begin!
"Assistance?" Djinni asked herself as she looked upwards with a finger at her lower lip. Bolts and screws started to turn in her mind, thinking what kind of asisstance the program could want of her. Crossing her arms and closing her eyes she bobbed her head from left to right, until her Operator started to speak up.

"What are you doing, Djinni?" he asked, looking down upon his Navi. His sight slowly shifted so he could see the newcomers and started to attain a similar as Djinni, wondering if he would become any wiser of it. "I still don't get it..." he said finally and opened an eye to look at Djinni.

"Ah, I know!" she exclaimed as she hit her right fist into an opened left hand, then pointed at the viruses before her. "You must be fans of mine!" Djinni shouted, her mouth curling up into a smile after she said this.

Na'im just merely let his head hang and snickered. "Should've known," he said quietly, "Are you really sure about this, Djinni...?"

"Of course," she said as she turned to her Operator for a split second, only to return her attention to her 'fans', "The assistance he needs is because they're crazed fans and they'd attack him if I won't sing for them! You know how these kind of fans are..." Slowly Djinni approached the viruses, smiling wide as her tail moved behind her. "Do you have any songs you'd like me to sing?" she asked playfully, awaiting the reply of the 'fans'.

Quote (Chat)

Chat-Admin: All you have to do is bump.
Chat-Admin: >>;
Thesavepointsarecomingforme: Buh?
Chat-Admin: Bumping removes the softlock.

BUMP.
As Djinni stepped forward, the sword Viruses seemed to take it as a potentially aggressive act. However, as she just stood there, talking, the viruses took it to mean that she wouldn't be a threat, and proceeded to turn back to the Mr.Prog.

Soon after turning back towards him, the Swordies raised their swords. The Mr.Prog was sent into hysterics, scared for his life. "NO!" It cried, "HELP ME! PLEASE!" But no one had come to its rescue. The Swordies closed in on it, and stabbed into the poor Mr.Prog from various angles.

A shriek of pain escaped it before it collapsed onto the ground. The poor program had been unable to defend itself, and was now clearly going to die. "Miss, please run. These viruses will delete you too if you don't." it said pathetically from the ground, as its eyes faded.

The group of Swordies then released their circle and formed a line as they began to advance towards Djinni. They were clearly aggressive, heading towards her in such a determined way that anyone could see that they weren't planning on listening to her songs.

How would Djinni, only now for the first time shown what evil viruses were capable of, react to these displays of pointless aggression?

----

BATTLE SUMMARY:
Mr.Prog: 0[DELETED] [On other side of Swordy viruses]

Swordy A: 60
Swordy B: 60
Swordy C: 60
Swordy D: 60
Swordy E: 60
Swordy F: 60

Djinni: 180
"Holy stuff!" Na'im blurted out as he covered his ears while averting his head from the PET's screen. "I didn't expect to encounter something like this immediately..." he muttered as he had his head turned sideways, "I guess this is reality. A first and deciding fatality." Slowly he turned to the screen again to see what had happened afterwards.

"You..." she muttered quietly and stared at the viruses who she now clearly identified as enemies, "You..." Djinni let her head hang and grit her teeth out of anger while continueing to mutter as if preparing for an outburst of enormous proportions, "You... You..." A darkened crimson moon appeared high in the sky behind Djinni, shining its reflection down on the ground. An eerie glow came over the upset Navi as she lifted her head and shouted at the enemies, "YOU DENIED MY OFFER TO SING!"

A silence fell over the battlefield from the Navi and Operator until Na'im quietly started to speak, "What?" He just looked at the screen with an arched eyebrow, not knowing what just happened. "You're... Upset because of this? Not the slaughtering of an innocent internet surfing fish?" muttered Na'im as he picked up a few chips. "They're obviously viruses. I wonder what each of these chips do?" he said to himself, "I guess we'll try them out, one by one. For now, let's try these and get it done. They've got high numbers written on them, so they ought to be fun. Hrm...?" A sudden change on the screen caught Na'im's eyes as the panels below Djinni started to bubble and slowly become red.

Djinni, during that time, held her hands together and closed her eyes while she started to sing. Her voice seemed to become visible, prancing on the air around her while the light of the red moon turned her voice dark red like blood. Still singing with her eyes closed she held one hand out to the front while she kept the other in position. An arc of flames sprouted from the bracelet and Djinni's eyes flew open. "You've got no chance..." she said, her voice sounding as if he was the demon herself, "You will listen to my song." She resumed her singing, using the lyrics of a chant she had been taught, and spinned around once swiftly. Following up this movement, she threw the arc of flames at the enemies. Having flown half the way to the enemies, two things happened almost instantly. The flames of the arc crystalized and shattered, revealing a dark green boomerang that was heading for a part of the enemies guided by Djinni's voice. While on the side the boomerang had started, Djinni had disappeared from view.

"Second chip, wasn't that?" Na'im said to himself and looked at the image to memorize the effect, "It makes the user disappear... And then..."

Djinni reappeared from the flames that had formed due to the Lava panels of her Red Moon signature program, wielding a large scimitar in one hand. Her eyes were wide open filled with anger and annoyance while she casually resumed singing, her voice sounded vaguely eerie. The Swordies had already lined up before so, in her mind, she just had to swing once. Not wasting any time now she had reformed behind her opponents, she swung the scimitar horizontally at a group of Swordies. A trail of her voice flew along the back of the blade as if it was pushing it ahead and on the right course. "Next time you will listen to my song," Djinni muttered as she glared sideways, "Without complaining..." With that said, she lifted the scimitar and held its backside against her shoulder.

1. Red Moon [Lava Full Stage; 15 To Self; 3 TCD]
2. Chant of Ruya [Accuracy Enhancement (1|1); 1 TCD] @ Self
2. Boomerang2 [80 WOOD; Multiple Enemies; Ranged] @ Swordy ABC
3. StepSword [120 DMG; Slashing; Teleport; 1-3 Targets; Melee] @ Swordy DEF

Quote ()

Marchande: ...
Marchande: *groan*
Marchande: I really don't want to bump... D:
Marchande: But I have to... D:
The action throughout the rest of the battle would be bathed in the light of the beaming Red Moon, shining brilliantly over the lava-covered battle field.

Djinni's chant seemed effective. Her first attack, the boomerang, caught the viruses somewhat off guard. The Swordies, not expecting ay opposition from this strange navi, had been momentarily surprised by her sudden outburst, as well as the sudden change in the field. This lack of readiness for a counter strike was probably accountable for some of her success in the first attack, as was her magical song. Needless to say, it ran through the first two targets on its way out, and the third on its returning path, deleting each in turn.

After this, the remaining viruses realized that they were in trouble, attempting to hurry forwards. However, their target disappeared from sight, causing them to no longer have a place to aim for. This was followed up by the singer appearing behind them, slicing each one in half.

She had destroyed the aggressors, not sparing any. And from the looks of them, they wouldn't be listening to [i]any[i] songs in the future. But they wouldn't be complaining or refusing any, either.

At the end of the battle, Reward Data appeared, obviously a prize for defeating the Swordies.

BATTLE SUMMARY:
Mr.Prog: 0[DELETED] [On other side of Swordy viruses]

Swordy A: -Deleted-
Swordy B: -Deleted-
Swordy C: -Deleted-
Swordy D: -Deleted-
Swordy E: -Deleted-
Swordy F: -Deleted-

Djinni: 165
RewardData: 900 zenny
Still red with anger, Djinni grabbed the Data with her hands and started to gnaw on it like a rabid dog.

"Don't break that," Na'im said with a sigh, "Otherwise my wallet won't get fat." Scrolling through the PET menu, he sighed again and scratched the back of his bald head. "I'm clueless on this thing. I ought to give the telephone a ring. An expert is what I need. Only to hope he's not obsessed with greed."

"Rrrrghh..." roared Djinni who was still biting the piece of Data until she heard Na'im whistle.

"I'll listen to your voice," he said with a smile, then looked sideways and laughed to himself. "As if I have a choice."

Djinni's eyes started to sparkle, her mouth hanging out of excitement, and let the Data fall on the ground which got instantly transferred to the account of Na'im. "OK," she said, nodding her head and relaxed her facial expressions as she started to look around. "So now we continue?" she asked, staring up at her operator.

"Not this time," he said and executed the process of logging out.

"But it's still dark outside. Are we already leaving this place?" Djinni said, as bothersome as she could.

"That's exactly the reason. Because I don't want to pay for staying here," he replied with a grin. And with that said, Djinni exploded in a display of fire particles and disappeared from view.