The battling Trio

((Since Twi is getting impatient about waiting to do Majin's mission, he's decided to mod you guys himself. FEEL HONORED. OR SCARED. OR PURPLE. EITHER WILL DO.

Also modlocked.))

Voltman takes out the Honeybombers with his Flameline, but his Aquasword only hits two Volgears. D'aww.

Soulman fires at the Honeybombers... only to find that they're already dead. D:
His Ringlog takes out two Billies, but the third one destroys it when it's deleted.

Capuchin's Heatshot takes out a Billy, and her Firesword decimates the last of the group. Her second strike takes out both of the Cactys.

The single remaining Volgear flees in terror.

BillyA: FLAME ON!
BillyB: Deleted
BillyC: KILLED IT WITH FIRE!
BillyD: TWINKIE HOUSE.
BillyE: LUMBERJACK'D
BillyF: LOG'D
VolgearA: Deleted
VolgearB: Escaped!
VolgearC: LOL, WATER.
VolgearD: SPLASH ATTACK'D.
CactyA: Deleted
CactyB: Deleted
CactyC: I'M ON FIIIIIIIIRE!
CactyD: Ooh, BURNED.
HoneybomberA: BALEETED
HoneybomberB: PWNED!
HoneybomberC: OH, SNAP'D!
LarkA: Deleted
LarkB: Deleted
LarkC: Fried

Voltman: 115 (Stunned, -1 action)
SoulMan: 90 (Stunned, -2 actions)
Capuchin: 100

Victory!

-Rewards-

All: 1800z
Capuchin: Wideshot
Voltman: Thunder
Soulman: Cactusball1
Voltman winced at his injury, picking up some of the spoils.
Well, it's been fun, but I've got to go. Talk to you all later.
And with that, he shot up into the sky in a beam of yellow light, leaving behind two cards.

(Majin and Lunar get: Shigeru's E-Mail address!)
Junior collected his data and turned back just as Voltman was leaving. He barely had a chance to wave. So now it was just him and Capuchin... if he didn't count their netops. He thought back to earlier in the battle, when he used his Guard to protect her. She said she appreciated it a lot but he wondered how much. Could he possibly use that action to get a date? No, no, that was much too presumptious. Besides, he was happy to take a few hits for her. Knowing that his presence had prevented her harm was reward enough though... now what?

"Yo, Junior, got us a mission. Just follow the coordinates and look for any abnormalites. Looks like Aida's agreed to stick around for a bit, so let Capuchin help. However, if anything too dangerous happens, make sure she gets out of there safe... not that I have to tell you that." Wes instructed, "Also, I'm heading off to get an upgrade. Just try to stay safe for a bit and I'll be back quick, kay?"

"Eh? Well that's sure a lot of information..." before Junior could ask any questions, the link to his PET was shut off, "Great, now I'm unop-ed. But..." He snuck a peek at Capuchin, pretending to adjust his glasses to avoid the action catching her notice. Now he was practically alone with her, "So lovely..." he mumbled, then realized that it was semi-aduble, his face turned a bit red. Turning away so his companion wouldn't notice, he began to walk in the direction of whatever he was looking for. So vague were his instructions... he wondered what Wes had left out detail-wise, "Well, let's be off, Capuchin-san. I might be worthless for a little bit, but I'll still do all I can to keep you safe. I'm happy you're here with me.... because of your help, of course! Why else would I be happy...?" What should he do? Did he have any good pick-up lines? He needed something fast, before something came to interrupt them.
"I'm happy that I'm with you too!" Capuchin cheeped as she bounded over, "This way we can definitely beat up any virus in our path. As they say, 2 heads are better than one! By the way...I haev to tell you something..." Capuchin jumped in front of Jr's way and said in a scolding tone, "Never say that you are worthless! A navi doesn't need chips always to be strong. With strength from inside a navi becomes powerful!" She then gaev a smile and began to skip off further away. "So, where are we exactly going?"
Junior's face got redder as Capuchin spoke to him. She was glad she was with him right now? She didn't see him as worthless? Did that mean that she liked him or was she just one of those girls who likes everyone and sees the good in all? Well, the only way to be sure was to throw out a few good lines and measure her responses, "Not really sure, though I have some sort of directions... though, to be honest, I believe in my heart that I'll be fine as long as I'm with you." Oh crap, was that too straightforward? Even worse, what if she was already taken? Things could get ugly if she was... He needed to find out before he pressed any furthur, "By the way, Capuchin-san, I don't know anything about you, really." Other than the fact that you're nice, caring, have a pretty nice figure, and have a cute face, "So what kind of navis do you normally hang out with? Anyone special?"
((MISSION START!

...Yeah. I'm evil like that.))

Suddenly... what looks like a buggy Metool approaches.

...Wait, what?!

!)(@&%*#$: %&^

SoulMan: 90
"WOah!" Capuchin gasps as she rubbs her eyes to make sure she's seeing properly. "What's the matter with it?!"

"I-I d-don't know." Aida said as confused, "D-don't get t-too close though. W-we don't know what its cap-p-pable of."

"Well...what should I hit it with then?" A sound of two chips clicking alarmed the monkey and a swarm of data swirved into her hands and formed two energybombs. She gave a grin at this. "Nice idea! We'll keep pur distance but give it a punch at the same time! Now to get this rolling..." Capuchin slowly aimed her weapons at the strange virus. She gaev out one tremendous cry as she sent both energybombs into the air and in motion towards the buggy met.

"D-don't do anymore!" Aida commanded as she slotted in a guard chip. "C-Capuchin, let Jr H-hide behind your guard with y-you. It will protect him!"

Capuchin gave a nod and then turned her head to her companion. "Once your done with your attack, you can stick by me!"

Summary
1.energybomb (40x3)
2.energybomb (40x3)
3.guard1 (reflects 60)
4.dodge
"He's still not back." Junior noticed with dismay, "And worse yet... that thing showed up just in time to prevent me from getting an answer." He sighed, then turned back to the matter at hand, "What the hell is this, anyway? Could this have anything to do with whatever Wes got us signed up for? What a pain in the butt. Oh well, better stall until Wes gets back. Sexy..." Junior stopped mid-phrase. While Sexy Wink would certainly be a big time waster, was it really the best idea? Keeping it still would be best for when he actually had some weapons, so that he could pound the thing into dust. The main priority right now would be analyzing the enemy and making sure they stayed alive long enough for Wes to get back so that they could really batter it. With this in mind, he prepared two attacks, "Capuchin-san did say I wasn't worthless... time to show that just because a navi doesn't have chips doesn't mean he can't do some damage."

He would start out with his most basic attack. He didn't have any Crosses to boost the attack strength of it, but straight-up, normal damage would work just fine in this situation. He brought all his energy together and prepared to fire, "Still not enough... got to give it a bit more." Dragging out a bit of hidden strength, he furthur increased the power he had been gathering, "Perfect. Soul Assimulation!" He ejected all the energy in a pure beam of white light, blasting it out towards the freaky met. Not finished with his assault, he followed the same procedure as before. However, this time his energy gained something more... radiance. Once the blast was fully charged, he fired it off. It sparkled as it shot along, giving the general area a cheery feel to it. However, the beam itself was hard to look at directly, due to the intense brightness, "I have the Soul FInger Shot left... but I better save that after studying a bit more. Don't want to waste all my techniques before the battle even starts." He heard Capuchin tell him to her Guard. While he didn't like using her as a shield, it would be insulting if he didn't let her do help after she came along for just that purpose. Besides, if he didn't let her return the favor from earlier, there was a chance that she wouldn't let him do her any more in the future, when she might really need help. Not wanting to keep the lovely lady waiting, he ran behind her quick. He considered pushing her out of the way of any attack if the guard failed but as he got close, he could see that she was tensed up and ready to dodge if such an event were to occur. Glad that she had thought ahead, he decided that he should just worry about himself for now as well. No use trying to save someone who already has all their bases covered, "Thanks, Capuchin-san, though you really don't need to worry about me too much. I'll be fine as long as you're safe. By the way..." he wanted to re-ask his earlier question, but now was not the time. After the battle, or maybe just after the mission, he would have to find a way to have an uninterrupted conversation with her. For now, "... once the guard goes down, I go right, you go left, okay? We'll split up so that it can't try targeting us with a single attack."

((1.) SoulAssimulation 90+5 (untapped power used)
2.) Soul Flash, 90+lowers accuracy
3.) Hide behind Guard
4.) Dodge))
Soulman and Capuchin's attacks do... nothing. :0

Literally. The Met appears to be uneffected.

It raises it's pickaxe slowly... and then strikes the ground, cracking a large, wide area. Capuchin and Soulman barely manage to jump off of this area before it rebuilds itself, now a sickly purple color, and then disappears entirely.

The strange, buggy Met then points it's Pickaxe at Soulman, and the top of the head begins to glow... Junior realizes too late what the Met is doing-- it's charging up a shot! The glow changes colors indeterminably as it fires, and the Met's aim falters at the last second; it misses Soulman just barely... and the air where the shot hit is now gone, the only remaining thing a black, pulsating hole in the Net's fabric, small bits and pieces of data falling from it as it grows bigger.

Oh, shit.

The Met prepared to charge up another shot... only to be somehow sliced in half, straight down the middle! It then exploded, leaving a large dust cloud hiding a figure holding... is that a scythe?

???: ???

SoulMan: 90
"Capuchin-san, are you all right?" Junior cried out. He looked at the scythe with apprehension. He wasn't sure whether it was a friend who had come to help or a foe who just felt like killing everything. He then turned back to his friend, "Aida-san, if you have an Escape Chip, prep it now!"

"Junior, I'm back. Looks like you found the weird virus... am I to assume that that weapon is whatever navi signature was being detected?" Wes mused, "If this leads to a fight... damn, I wish I had a chance to put you on stand by so that I could install this upgrade."

"You got an upgrade? Well slap it in!" Junior yelled, "I need the power to protect Capuchin from whatever... that is!"

"A sitting target isn't an improvement." Wes chided, "I'm prepping some offensive and evasive chips. If worst comes to worst, I also have an Escape. You'll be fine, so right now, just figure out who that is."

"Figure out...?" Junior sighed. He pointed at the rip in space and, his face a bit red from embarassment, called, "You! Who goes there?"
Capuchin watched wide eyed as the met was deleted. She was outstounded by this. She could not even deal the slightest scratch but this guy, he was able to kill it in a single blow. "Who....in the net...." She then noticed it. The weapon that slayed the virus. A scythe, yet there was only one navi with that much power to destroy a foe that wielded a scythe. "YOU!" Capuchin hollered as she rushed over. "ITS YOU ISN'T IT!!!"

"C-CAPUCHIN DON'T ACT SO HASTY!" Aida hollered, "Don't attack yet!"

Capuchin halted but clenched her teeth tightly together glaring her fangs outward. Her hand felt her stomach at this, remembering a battle long ago.

Aida began to talk a bit calmer, "I-I feel the same way you do."

Capuchin gave a growl as she took two stept closer and pointed a finger, "ITS YOU ISN'T IT!! THE TERROR OF THE NET! THE ONE WHO HURT PEOPLE DEAR TO AIDA AND I! THE ONE WHO ALMOST KILLED ME!!! DRAKKAS!!!!"
(OPS! DOuble post on accident!!!! SORRY!)
"Why Soulman, you don't remember me? I'm hurt." The figure walked forward, past the dust cloud, and revealed himself.

Drakkas.

"You know, I kind of figured you'd remember me after you helped try to kill me 7 years ago... though it would appear your monkey friend there still remembers me. I made quite an impact on her, if memory serves." Drakkas chuckled darkly, his face curled into a sinister grin. "So, what exactly is the great Soulman doing here as opposed to leading Requiem?"
Junior glared at the navi, then began slowly walking towards Capuchin, "Seems you've mistaken me for my father.... though you haven't been the first." As he reached the oddity in the netscape, he suddenly warped from one side, to the other. He continued to make his way towards Capuchin in as non-threatening way as possible, "I heard from those that came before me that your intelligence network used to be so good that you were able to even see what was in people's e-mail, but now that network must not be in exsistance for you see.... the original Soulman.EXE.... is dead." He stopped for a moment, closing his eyes and bowing his head towards the ground. Then he continued, "I also heard that you landed a pretty bad blow to my mother, Ayumi.EXE. Not sure whether I should be mad that you hurt her or whether I should be thankful that she was spared. For the moment, I'll ignore it and concentrate any need for revenge I have towards the one who took it furthur than you did and ended her exsistance. Of course, even if I did feel the need for you to be dead, even I'm not deluded enough to think I could win. Let's face it, while your Intel might not be as good as it was, from what you've just shown us, your strength is still too much for most on the net to handle. However, two things still bother me that means I may indeed need to fight you. Apparently my netop took a mission from the Netpolice because certain circumstances require us to obtain a .GMO, though really, I don't think one of those cheap little things is worth trying to take you down. In fact, if we mentioned that we encountered you here, the Netpolice would probably throw that and a few other tidbits to keep us quiet. But there remains one thing that bothers me...." Reaching his goal, he stood in front of Capuchin, taking a defensive stance, "This girl is under my care and I will not let her be harmed. I have no clue what you did to her in the past, but I'm not going to allow a repeat. I know that you like being left alone, and if you delete us, this will get out. Right now, I'll let my netop bargain with you and see if we can come to some agreement that'll accomplish whatever we were supposed to do while letting us live and get you whatever you're here for in return."

Junior went still and silent, and Wes's face appeared on a screen in front of him, facing Drakkas, "Greetings. I would say nice to meet you, but I know what you think of my kind already. So let's get down to business. I'm sure you'll at least be interested in why we're here and what the Netpolice is after. We were told that there were strange viruses in the area and that a navi signature was also detected in the area. Our job was tracking the virus down, put a stop to it, and give data on the navi, who I'm guessing would be you. Now then, you have a golden chance here. You have the law's ear right in front of you and it'll believe any lie you tell it. So, have any faulty info you want us to pass along or perhaps you would rather issue a declaration of your return? The choice is yours." Wes said. Then, as an after thought added, "Oh, before I seem rude, my name is Wes."

((Areagrab used))
Capuchin placed a hand upon Soulmans shoulder, "Its okay." She said, "I can handle this." She then proceeded to stand beside him instead of behind. "I need to carry my own weight...besides, I took him on before."

"P-Please u-understand..." Aida stuttered to Jr. "W-we want to do all we can to."

Capuchin's eyes glared at Drakkas with a hatred that hadn't healed over time. Her golden eye slightly glowed at this as she clenched her fists. "We should be asking you the same thing." She replied coldly, "Why are YOU here? Were you looking for us?"

"Dr-Drakkas..." Aida began, "I w-wont let you h-hurt us ag-again! I....I may be a sh-shy and stutt-t-tering person wh-who is pushed into th-things by others....b-but...togeth-ther wi-ith Capuchin...we will stop you!"
"Me? Looking for you? Don't make me laugh." Drakkas said, "I'm here on Vivarte business."

"Still... 'Investigating an odd Virus Signature', eh?" Drakkas scoffed. "You've been had, human. There's only one sort of signature this area and it's inhabitants have, and that's one that would be instantly recognized as glitched or bugged. So either you're telling the truth, and the Netpolice sent an unequipped kid out to do a job he's not anywhere near capable of handling... or you're lying, meaning you were sent here to take me down."

He snarled. "And if it's the latter... let's just say I don't tend to handle people lying to me well."
"Let's see..... let me pull up my instructions again." Wes clicked a few things on his PET, pulling up the message, "'We've been receiving some reports of strange virus activity in Electown. We've also been getting some... weird readings from a Navi Signature in the same area, but so far we haven't been able to identify the source navi's identity. You will be investigating this area. Report back to us with what you find on the Navi, and if you can, halt the strange virus activity.' Think I more or less summerized that okay. As for killing you, its as Junior said, we're no where near strong enough to try something like that. Sure, we have greater numbers, but that never really helped much in the past, correct? If we've been tricked or lied to, or if the Netpolice is just being incompetent, then this wouldn't be the first time. If I trusted the Netpolice to take care of everything by the fairest means possible, I'd try to join them rather than holding together a group of my own. Right now I'm just helping them because they have something I need. Interpret that however you wish. By the way, what's that Viva-thing you mentioned? .... not that I expect an answer."
"Vivarte?" capuchin repeated, "Who in the net is Vivarte?"
"Vivarte?" Drakkas asked. "Heh. Let's just say... they're a group of old friends. The name itself, at least according to the guy above me, means 'To Live'."

Drakkas suddenly tossed two objects at Capuchin and Junior. "Catch."
Capuchin's reflexes got the best of her and she grasped it into her hands. "Wh-What is this?" She demanded looking at the parcel.