The battling Trio

"A debugger Subchip. Use it." Drakkas said plainly, turning away from the duo. "The area past here is full of bugged, glitched, and overall corrupted viruses. That subchip is an experimental device that lets you hurt these viruses by recompiling their code before your attacks deal damage. Or, to put it simply, you can kill them with it. I was sent here to test it out. It works, as I'm sure you saw."

He turned back towards the duo, and suddenly brought his scythe down in a devastating arc, opening up a small portal. "Ciao." He stepped through, and the portal disappeared.
Capuchin looked at it long and hard. Was she willing to use an item given to her by that wackjob?

"I s-say we use it." Aida announced.

"WHA?!" Capuchin almost fell over, "ARE YOU NUTS?! WE CAN'T TRUST DRAKKAS!!!!"

"B-but we can't g-go against the bugged v-viruses l-like how w-we are now. We n-need to use this. It ma-ay be our only chance."

There was a long pause by Capuchin but she soon gave in and nodded. "Alright. I only do this cause I trust your judgment Aida. Anyone else and I'd chuck this thing!"
As the object flew towards Junior, Wes slotted in a chip. A bubble appeared in front and absorbed the item, holding it floating right in front of the navi, That was close.... thought Wes, Had he realized what we were up to? A few more moments and Drakkas left. Just as he was stepping through the rift, Junior started moving again.

"Eh? He's leaving? What all did I miss?" Junior asked.

"A lot. Installing that upgrade took a longer time than I thought and it seems like it was all for nothing. Of course, I guess it didn't really hurt either. Anyway, here' the deal..." Wes then recalled everything that had happened while Junior was in stand-by, "And that's about it."

"So basically we have a few choices: take the chips, run with them, piss Drakkas off, we die. Choice two, we ditch the chips, carry on our mission, and then fail. Three: take the chips, hand them into the Netpolice, make them happy but still have them shaft us, piss Drakkas off royally, and be dead within the hour. Or four: we use the chips, complete our mission, carry out the experiment Drakkas wants us to carry out, making him, the NP, and us happy. That about cover it?" Junior asked.

"Well that makes the choice simple enough though there is one problem with the chips.... while there's a good chance they're not designed to kill us, the problem is how long the effects will last. Will they a certain period of time or perhaps a certain number of battles? Perhaps they'll last until you jack out. Too many uncertainties... I'm saving it until we need it, okay?" Wes said.

"Fine with me... though have it handy. We can't afford to be slow putting that in." Junior replied. He then sighed, "Sorry to have dragged you into this, Capuchin-san."
It would appear that they will not have to wait long...

#($&!@: >#$* (Metool-ish appearance)
(%&*: ?'!- ( (Hand-esque appearance)
+@!=: ,"/] (Spikey-like appearance)

SoulMan: 90
Capuchin: 100
"Damn, we have to use the sub-chip already?" Wes shouted, "Sending now." Loading the pack up caused Junior to glow a minute. Wes then began his analysis, "Well, if these are similar to to normal viruses in any way.... the met will have low HP, the spikey will have decent, and I have no clue what the hand will do. Better just try to smack them all down, one by one. Sending Markcannon1, Ringlog1. Let's see if our chips really will be unaffected by the strange data..."

"Okay, I'm gunning for the met." Junior said. Using the cross hairs that traced a path in front of his palm, he tried to point it dead center of the met's skull. When he was satisfied with him shot, he fired it. There wasn't much to using an attack that basically aims itself. Now, though, he would have to use one of his own techniques. Concentrating on his fingers, he began focusing energy. One by one the fingers lit, a tell tale sign that his attack was ready. He brought his hands together and let the energy all pour out in one massive beam of light. That met wouldn't know what hit it. He had one last attack in him. Bringing up his arm, he summoned a cylinder shaped hunk of wood. Once again, it was time for bowling. He swung his arm back in an arc, then brought it forward again, releasing the log and sending it rolling forward, "Let's see how fast these guys can move..."

Now that he was finished with offense, he needed to take evasive action. Preparing to run, jump, do whatever, he also kept a close eye on Capuchin. Double tapping the coverings over his ears to open up a private channel, he said to Wes, "Keep the Areagrab, Guard, and whatever other support chips you can handy. I don't want to help her when she doesn't need it and make her feel worthless, but if she does get into a tight spot, I want to be able to take immdiate action, okay?"

"M'kay." came the simple response.

((1.) Sending Debug sub chip
2.) Markcannon, 70+lock on, Met thinger
3.) Soul Finger Shot, 120, Met thinger
4.) Ringlog1, 50 Wood, Met thinger
5.) Dodge))
"Alright Aida," Capuchin said as she went into a fighting stance, "Now's a good time to use that chip."

Aida gave a nod and slotted it in. "W-we still need some f-fire power!" Aida annouced as she slotted in two more chips.

A swarm of data flew into her hands forming two energy bombs. "Nice thinking!" The monkey navi cheeped as she aimed them at the spikey and hand thing. "Lets take them out of their misery!" She then thrusted both bombs into the enemie's direction and went into a defensive stance.

sum:
1. debug chip
2. energybomb (40) spikeythingy
3. energybomb (40) handthingy
4.dodge
Debugged Metool: DELETED!
Debugged Hanz: 280
Debugged Spikey: 480

Junior: 90
Capuchin: 100 (Flying through the air! Whee- urk! Dizziness!)

Junior's first attack had an odd effect on the highly-corrupted Metool; the shifting, floating black data that hovered around it (Much like the other viruses) previously all surged inwards, and the entire Metool pixellated for a split-second before taking on the appearance of a normal Metool, albeit stronger. His other attacks damaged it normally and destroyed it.

Capuchin's attacks have a similar effect on the other two viruses; they both pixellate and recompile back into less-corrupted forms, being damaged in the process.

Being recompiled, however, seems to snap the two remaining viruses into activity; the Hanz roughly grabs Capuchin and hurls her at Junior, who, at the same time, has a beefed-up Heatshot heading his way. From the speed at which they're both moving... they'd hit him at about the same time.
"Time for Shunpo!" Junior shouted. With that cue, Wes slotted in a chip. Junior leapt forward, suddenly disappearing. He then rematerialized, still mid-jump, right in front of Capuchin. Wrapping his arms around he, he then fell to the floor again, gritting his teeth to brace for the impact. He managed to land on his feet, but the height of the fall combined with the weight of two navis left his legs feeling a bit wobbly. He needed something now to distract the viruses long enough so that he could recover his balance.

"Sending Bubblestar." came a voice from above. With a click, the data was sent and three bubbles appeared before the pair. This would be a great cover. Junior blew his breath at the bubbles to send them floating away towards the foes. However, whether they hit them or not was not his biggest priority right now. He gently laid Capuchin on the ground. He stayed in a stooped position, staring down at her with concern, "Are you okay, Capuchin-san? This is all our fault for dragging you along with us..." He then looked up and stared out the enemies, "Damn you, bastards! This is not how you treat a lady!"

Junior rolled to the side so that Capuchin would not be in the line of fire, then stood up, glowing. As soon as he was at full height again, he fired a large beam of light, "Soul Flash!" While Junior had just made what attack he used obvious with his shout, it seemed a bit bigger and brighter than usual. It seemed like he had found some extra power somewhere and poured it into his attack. Whatever the cause, though, it was apparent that he wanted that virus deleted.

Now that he had fired the attack, Junior seemed to calm down a bit. He was able to think a little more clearly again. He knew that more attacks would be coming shortly. He knew there was a good chance he would have to dodge. He also knew that Capuchin might not be feeling the best right now and so the viruses would probably go after the easier target. He couldn't let her take any more hits for the sake of his mission. He needed to protect her. He could use a guard chip, but that would only reflect the Spikey's attack. Most likely if the Hanz were to make a move while he had one of those things, it would just simply chuck both him and the guard in one movement, which would utterly defeat its purpose. If worst came to worst, he would simply have to take a hit for her. There would be no other way...

((1.) Areagrab save Capuchin
2.) Bubblestar, 20 aqua+trap x3 non-stackable, Spikey thinger Hanz thinger
3.) Place Capuchin down
4.) Soul Flash, 100+lowers accuracy(Untapped Power used), Hanz thinger
5.) Dodge or block for Capuchin))
"YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH!" Capuchin cheeped as she flew in the air. "ACK! AIDA!!! I CAN'T CONTROLL MY MOVEMENTS!!! I DON'T THINK I'LL LAND ON MY FEET! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOF" She felt something grab her before she fell on the ground. The impact wasn't as bad as she thought eitheir. Opening her eyes she noticed she was in the arms of another navi. Not any navi but Soulman Jr. "OH! SOULMAN!!! A-ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!"

"N-Now's not the time C-Capuchin." Aida informed, "W-we haev to help Soulman and Wes...a-any way we c-can."

As Capuchin was readjusted to the ground, she nodded. "Right. Send me a chip Aida!"

The sound of a chip rang in capuchin's ears and as a boomerang appeared. Immediatley grasping it in her left hand she aimed at both viruses. "This better work..." She said as she thrusted it into a spinning motion, "Or I'm going to be a very angry primate!" It began to swerve its way towards the spikey. If all went well, it would hit then hit the hanz as it curved. The sound of another chip clipped in as one last energy bomb was handed to her. She let her legs plant down on teh ground liek a pitcher on the field and she aimed straight at the spikey. With one tremendous throw, she watched as it soared through the air in hopes of striking the spikey out.

Sum:
1.get caught
2. be placed down
3. boomerang 60 to spikey and hanz
4. energybomb (40*3) spikey
Debugged Hanz: 160
Debugged Spikey: 300

Junior: 1 (Critical! -1 action!)

Junior's Bubblestar traps the Hanz, but the Spikey dodges, firing off a second Heatshot that burns into Junior. (30) His Soul Flash hits the trapped Hanz easily as well, but breaks the bubble it was trapped in in the process.

Capuchin's Boomerang slices into the Spikey, but the Hanz CATCHES it and tosses it back-- it hits Junior, who leaps in the way of the powerful boomerang, blocking the attack at the cost of his HP. (60) Also, Energybomb.
Junior picked himself up slowly, "Damn... that's what I get for acting so hasty. I need to make up for my blunder by taking one of those out... preferably the hand."

"The hand is likely to throw back any projectiles at this point..." Wes interupted Junior's train of thought, hijacking it, "Sending Recovery10, by the way.... So as I was saying, it'll be less likely to throw stuff if you hold it in place with the Wink. Then just hit it with everything you have to make sure it gets deleted. I'll send a Guard after that. Since that Spikey seems to use projectiles like normal ones, it should keep you safe. Now go!"

Junior closed his eyes for a second, trying to block out any notions of how shitty he felt right now. There was no doubt in his mind that he would need a subchip after this if Wes expected him to keep going. Damn, that thing used such a cheap move... and it would've been Capuchin who would have taken the hit if his reflexes had been any slower. Now that he thought about it, all of the hand's attacks had been aimed at Capuchin. Was there a reason for that or was it just coincidence? Either way, to make sure she stayed safe, it was vital they took it out now. All right, the time for thikning was done. Now to attack. He opened his eyes and removed his glasses in preparation. He looked long and hard at the Hanz before giving it a wink. He really didn't want to, though. It felt to him like it was letting the Hanz off too easy. He would change that in a minute though... time to unleash a massvie volley!

"Slotting in Powerbolt, Guard1!" Wes shouted.

As the data was loaded, Junior was reminded of how big of an attack this was. He also wondered if he could make it bigger. He gathered its raw destructive power into his right arm, then rose the left, holding both hands together. Bringing out a bit of stored energy, he emptied it into the already large pocket of power. The might he now had stored up was almost too much for him to handle in his current condition. Now that his left arm had served its purpose, he removed it from its position and placed its grip on his right wrist, to steady his hand. The Hanz should be a sitting duck at this point, but if his aim was too far off, even that wouldn't matter. He quickly but carefully plotted his attacks path before firing. A bright beam of light that was alarmily huge ejected from his palm. The kick from the attack was a bit much and caused Junior to fall over, landing on his butt. Luckily for him, Wes was paying attention. Before he even had a chance to regain his footing, a large, yellow sheild popped up in front of him, blocking the battle field from site. This also meant Capuchin was no where to be seen, at least by this navi, "Did we get it? And what about Capuchin-san? Is she safe?"

Meanwhile, Wes relayed some instructions to Aida, "Say, Ambridge, can you give us a bit of assistance taking out the hand? Just a bit more should flatten it. Just don't use anything that can be throw back, if you can. Also, don't use anything that delivers multiple hits. Junior can still take one more hit, but if he gets nailed more than once, he's done. Okay?" Wes then thought about something, "By the way, do you have any warping or stunning techniques? We may have to try something risky next round but we'll need some good support..."

((1.) Shake off stun
2.) Recovery10, Junior
3.) Sexy Wink, -3 actions to Hanz thinger
4.) Powerbolt, 80 (untapped power used), Hanz thinger
5.) Guard1, reflects up to 60))
"JUNIOR!!!" Capuchin cried out, "ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!"

"D-Don't w-worry." Aida assured her navi, "H-he isn't deleted yet...but h-he is hurt."

Capuchin clentched her teeth tightly together, "DAMMIT! Its my fault! Aida, send me a chip! I'll make them pay!!!!!"

Aida, searching for any stun chips, couldn't find anything taht could help the situation better. It was best for her not to even send Capuchin items that can be thrown back, best to go with something like her cannon and shotgun, the two chips which she chose.

The first one, being the cannon, transformed Capuchin's left arm. She gripped teh floor with her feet and kept her right hand on the side of teh weapon to keep it steady. With one quick shimmer of her gold eye, she fired it straight at the Hanz. After that was done, her right hand began to form the shotgun. Making quick timing of this, she dashed across the floor and did a roll to the hanz's side where she fired her last shot. Her right hand quickly reformed and she let her body go into a defensive position to dodge attacks.

SUM:
1.cannon (40) hanz
2.dodge
3.shotgun (50) hanz
4.dodge
Sexy Wink doesn't really stun the Hanz, seeing as how it has no eyes. His Powerbolt, however, hits the mark. Capuchin's Cannon and Shotgun finish the hand-like virus.

The Spikey, being the only remaining virus, lets off a gruesome howl, and more Spikeys show up. This isn't looking too good...

Debugged Hanz: DELETED!
Debugged Spikey: 300
$(%&: #($! (Spikey)
)!-+@: ^>? (Spikey)
*)@=: ?'# (Spikey)

Junior: 11 (Guard1)
"Oh bloody hell...." Wes muttered as he saw the group of enemies on his screen. He pulled out a chip and slotted it in, "Had the damn Netpolice told us things were this bad, I would've tried to arrange for more back up.... why does it seem like those guys are always shafting us in the information department? They did the same thing to Sensei..... Anyway, to win this, we need to go all out. Sending Aquasword! This is our trumph card, so make sure it doesn't break! I'll have Ambridge send her best chip so that Capuchin can back you up, okay?"

Junior held the Guard over his left arm as an aquamarine blade appeared on his right. He looked at Capuchin, then at the screen, "No."

"What? This is all or nothing time. We need to go all out!" Wes shouted.

"No. This is our problem. Capuchin-san's already been hurt for our sake. Having her suffer any more is not an option. Thus, I'm only using half of your plan." Wes looked like he had more to say, but realizing that nothing he could say would sway his navi's choice, he simply looked down at the ground, half sad, half frustrated.

Junior's glance ran over his Guard. In an all offensive strike, he wouldn't be needing it. He then dashed up to Capuchin, "Here, take this Guard. It should keep you safe while I make my assault. If it doesn't work, then run. I really appreciate what you've done for us so far, but I can't ask you to do any more." He heard something behind him and as he turned to the noise, he noticed that the new bugs had all finally arrived on the field to assist their friend. He needed to move now, "I really wish I had more time to get to know you and possibly sort out my feelings but... that can wait until we finish here." If we want to be optimistic about things.... "Anyway, thanks, and hope to see you later, Capu-chan." He then leaned forward and lightly kissed her cheek. With an embarassed look on his face, he gave her one last glance before turning around and dashing off towards the horde.

"All right.... I should have all the luck I need now. You five are finished!" He raised his sword high before slamming it down in front of him, attempting to beat a bug down, "Had enough? Here's some more!" He spun around, slashing at his surroundings. A mist flew from his weapon, cooling down the heated battlefield. He had one last attack left before he needed to catch his breath..... he stabbed right in front of him to clear out his way! His attacks would do some major damage but not kill them all.... but at least he should have gotten all their attention on him now. Time to take advantage of it. He ran past the group, half trying to dodge, half just trying to draw their fire away from what lay in the other direction, namely Capuchin, If I can just keep this up for just a little more.....

((1.) Hand off Guard to Capuchin
2.) Aquasword, 80 aqua, random enemy
3.) Aquasword, 80 aqua, random enemy
4.) Aquasword, 80 aqua, random enemy
5.) run past enemies/dodge))
"Wh-WHA?" Capuchin was ina state of confusion and didn't know what she should do. All she could do is watch Soulman run into battle..."WAIT! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! THAT'S SUICIDE!!!!" She just stood there watching behind the guard. "A...AIDA!!! Get a chip now!!!!"

"..."

"AIDA!!!! WE HAVE TO SAVE SOULMAN!!!"

"...There's nothing we can do..."

"YES THERE IS!!!" She then ran to get him.

"DONT!" Aida hollered making her navi stop, "Don't let his sacrifice be in vain!"

"B-But...RRRGH! DAMMIT!!!!"

Summary:
1.guard
2.dodge
3.dodge
4.dodge
((Sorry for the wait.))

"...There's nothing we can do..." That line seemed to trigger it. One of the Spikeys bit down hard on Junior's Aquasword, and snapped the thing clean in half with it's jaw. A second Spikey fired a Heatshot at Junior's back, and the only Debugged Spikey began to charge a Heatshot of it's own...

...Only to be cut down at the last moment, long, bloody gashes appearing all over it's body as it suddenly collapsed, revealing Drakkas standing behind it. All eyes snapped to the newcomer. "I can't leave you two alone for a minute, can I? Damn newbies." Drakkas tossed a pair of orbs at Junior, and then went to work. The pair of orbs hit Junior even as Drakkas moved onto other things, and he felt... better. Repaired would be the word.

The first of the glitched Spikeys was quickly sliced into pieces after Drakkas cut it with his Faux De Sang, and a second, creeping slowly up behind Drakkas, was stunned by a shot that fired out of the handle of his weapon.

Drakkas turned towards the stunned Spikey and stabbed the blade of his Faux De Sang deep into it's head. He then pulled the blade forward, making the gaping hole in it's head larger and larger... until it collapsed, dead.

He then turned towards the final Spikey with an almost insane grin plastered on his face, and held out his arms. The black data that constantly swirled around the glitched Spikey was quickly pulled into Drakkas' arms, stored somewhere that wasn't immediately visible. Drakkas himself almost seemed... charged, however. As if doing that had energized him.

Drakkas made a cutting motion in the air with his arm, and a wave of air pressure began to move towards the last remaining Spikey. Drakkas muttered a single word. "Run." And ran it did. The remaining Spikey ran as fast as it could away from the monstrous navi that had cut down it's comrades, the same, near-invisible wave of air pressure following him... homing in on the Spikey as it moved.

It would not survive long. Drakkas merely stood where he had before, his back to the duo he had helped.

Debugged Hanz: DELETED!
Debugged Spikey A: DELETED!
Debugged Spikey B: DELETED!
Debugged Spikey C: DELETED!
Debugged Spikey D: DELETED! (Well, it's as good as dead anyway.)

Drakkas: ???
Junior: 101
Capuchin: 100 (Guard1)

...Victory?

Rewards: 800z
Capuchin gawked at this. Drakkas helped them again...but why. She had no idea what was going on in his head. She then approached him, "What are you planning Drakkas. You've actually been helping us. A strange change for you." She then walked over to Jr. "HEY! You alright!"
Why indeed? Wes had a good idea why Drakkas had given them the debug chips. He had been sent out to test them and they had worked when he used them. However, this didn't prove very much. Any good researchers know that a single experiment's results might only be caused by coincidence and that to get solid feedback, the same experiment needed to be done multiple times. Drakkas wasn't such an idiot that he'd get so giddy over his success that he'd publish his findings prematurely. By using Capuchin and Junior, he had been able to get two more solid examples of success, which would be highly valuable to whoever sent him out on this task. But all that only explained why he had helped them earlier, not why he was assisting them now. Perhaps he did this to reward them or perhaps he would have felt bad for getting his labrats killed. Maybe he had another job for them or maybe he wanted them to feed the Netpolice false information like Wes had offered before. Or maybe... he just wanted to show off. That was always a possibility too. Whatever the reason, they would probably find out in a minute.

"Damn.... didn't think that they'd break my sword that easily. Ugh...." He rolled over, still in a bit of pain, though even that was quickly taken care of. There were still a few scrapes, but over all, he felt fine, "Thanks Drakkas... kun? San? Sama? Hmmm.... don't know which to use. Guess that really all depends on your reason for helping us. Do you still need something from us or are you doing this out of the goodness of your heart?" Hearing the voice behind him, he quickly turned around, "Oh, I'm just fine, Capuchin-chan! Nothing to worry about." He smiled and waved to show he was all right before focusing his gaze on Drakkas once more. What was he up to?
She gave a smile as she made her pole appear and stayed a pretty good distance to Drakkas while in fighting stance, "Alright. Start talking! Why are you helping us! The last thing you ever did for me was stab your claws straight through my stomach. You also made my friend become a wanted criminal. I don't think someone gets a sudden change." She glared at him with her gold eye shining, "WHAT ARE YOU AFTER?!"
"I'm..." Drakkas seemed dazed for a moment before he continued. "Right, I'm here to collect that Subchip data back from you. See, hidden in those subchips was a small... let's say a recording program. This program was recording how the Debugger subchips worked... and I need that data, as well as the lingering Debugger data, back." Drakkas held out a hand to Junior, and thrust the other towards Capuchin. "Oh, and I never heal people without a reason."

Junior and Capuchin suddenly found themselves being drained of their very data, bits and pieces of rainbow colored flecks dancing away from their bodies and towards Drakkas' hands in a beautiful dance of pain. Junior managed to survive the onslaught without being deleted, one hit point remaining; Capuchin, on the other hand, had been automatically jacked out after becoming critically injured.

Drakkas sighed. "Apparently I should have healed her a bit too... oh well, I got enough of the Debugger data from her, so the Netpolice shouldn't be able to analyze the rest." Drakkas turned his back to Junior and began to walk away... only to pause and turn his head back for a split second. "...No, not now. That girl's still watching. ...Supposed to avoid witnesses, remember?" Drakkas resumed walking for a few more paces, and then disappeared in a beam of red light which shot below the panels.

Capuchin: EJO! Lose: Nothing.
Junior: 1