Nervous Science

Cambiare was feeling nervous as usual, staring at the large number of viruses that stood on the metal road along with Cheshire, his new companion. "...Finny, I-is it just me, or are there suddenly more viruses around." Finny took a closer look at the navis' enemies as a holo screen appeared directly in front of Cambiare's face. "Now that you mention it, there are quiet a few number of them...At least that other navi's around to help, don't you agree?"

"It's C-Cheshire, Finny. Don't be so r-rude." Even though he tried to put up a good face for his companion, Cambiare saw that Cheshire was having a conversation with her own operator, overhearing when the navi mentioned his nickname as Cambi. Strangely, the nervous navi became tense when he heard this as Finny noticed how strange Cambiare was acting. "What's up with you all of a sudden. Are you scared of the viruses all of a sudden?" Cambiare shook his head. "Then what? Spit up before I make you!" The navi bowed his head, breaking the eye contact away from Finny. "I-it's just weird hearing someone e-else call me Cambi b-beside you." Finny was, simply put, speechless when she finally listened to what Cambiare had to say. But it wasn't long before the operator began to hold her laughter back as she fell on flat on her couch, writhing in 'pain'.

"H-hey! What's wrong with you, Finny! I s-seriously meant th-WOAH!"

In a blink of an eye, the terrain that Cambiare once stood became a grassy field. He turned to Cheshire in amazement as his mouth was wide open, never once seeing someone perform the simply task of changing the terrains. Nonetheless, when Cambiare saw Cheshire jumping into action, he decided it was time for him to focus on the battle. "F-Finny! Get a hold of yourself and h-help me out, already!" After her inner struggle, Finny finally returned back to 'normal' and wiped her tears before she began her operating. "Aha...Oh man...Kay, Cambi, you hold on for a second."

Cambiare's was instantly covered by a holographical cylinder before it disappeared to reveal the navi's green Tenuto form. The navi wasted no time as he immediately struck both his arms against one another, causing his white gauntlets to ring like a tuning fork, generating a sound barrier that covered the navi entirely. "Even with those defenses, I don't think it would hold up well against those viruses, Cambi. So I'm going to send you some gun chips, okay, Cambi?" Cambiare simply shook his head as he waited for the chips to load into his system, seemingly unaware the amount of teasing Finny is putting on him.

The first of the chips that was sent was the disastrous TankCannon, appearing as the giant tank barrel shot out from within Cambiare's gauntlet. The nervous navi had already braced for the sudden appearance of the weapon, holding the large armed arm up as he steadily aimed at the groups of Bunnies. Yes, those bunnies looked far less menacing than what Cheshire was tackling, but viruses are still viruses and Cambiare had to do what he had to do. "Ready...Aim...F-fire!" The tank barrel shot out a giant bullet at the Bunnies, sending the recoil back to the navi's arm as it nearly knocked the him off the ground. Cambiare shook his head as he recovered from his own attack, moving onto his next attack so that he wouldn't be out done by his companion.

As the tank barrel collapsed back into his arm, Cambiare lifted up his other (not-as-sore) arm as a machine gun muzzle stuck out from his gauntlet. "Is this the n-new chip we got before?" The navi asked as he inspected his own arm. "Why yes, Cambi, why don't you go ahead and try it, Cambi" Cambiare (finally) noticed all those name calling Finny had been doing so far, but as for now, the battle was first, teasing was later.

"Well, here I go-Woowowowowoahhh!"

When Cambiare began to fire his machine gun, he didn't expect the haphazard recoils that sent his arm flailing all over the place till he was able to hold it down with his other arm. The gun was terribly inaccurate as the bullets simply sprayed at the general direction of the Bunnies, not even sure if a single bullet landed on any of the viruses. Nevertheless, Cambiare hoped that his attack at least did something as he finally retracted the barrel back, shaking his head once again to clear out the buzz that was ringing in his ear.

"T-that should do it...H-huh?"

Cheshire suddenly appeared before him, most likely after her own attacks were finished, asking if he was still alright. "I-I guess I'm still standing. What are you d-doing, its dangerous! I already have a barrier, see? Look, I'll be o-okay!" No matter how much he tried to tell her, none of his words seemed to get to Cheshire as she continued to ready herself to defend him. Cambiare seriously began to wonder if he was so weak that a fellow navi had to go out of her way to protect him, putting a bitter taste in his mouth as he simply sat by and watched how the battle would unfold...

* Change: Tenuto Form
1. Andante [30 HP Barrier | 30 HP Casing | 2 TCD]
2. TankCannon [80 /or/ [b]80+Blast2[/b] | Alt-Mode] {A / C} @ BunnyB
3. MachineGun [30 x 9 Shots | Spray Fire] {D} @ BunnyA

Cooldowns:
Andante: USED
Transforming a good deal of the area into a grassy knoll, Cheshire got to work, chucking some logs in the viruses' path, knocking them good in the head before a cleansing fire erupted beneath them, deleting them with certainty. Cambiare, meanwhile, brought his TankCannon to bear against the bunnies after putting his barrier up. The barrel erupted as a large shell exited the end, annihilating the Bunnies before they could launch a single attack.

All in all, a good and quick massacre.

-- ENEMIES --
Magtect A: DELETED
Magtect B: DELETED
Billy: DELETED
Bunny A: DELETED
Bunny B: DELETED
Bunny C: DELETED

-- ALLIES --
Cheshire.EXE: 160 HP (Metal)
Cambiare.EXE: 140 HP (Metal) [Equip: Casing 30 / Barrier 30]

-- TERRAIN --
60% Metal (Road)
40% Glass (Surrounding)

-- TEAM BATTLE 01, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

Cheshire: 420z, 2 FXP
Cambiare: 420z, 2 FXP
"Hm? Oh, I guess you do!" Cheshire remarked as she got to her feet, looking a little embarrassed. She chewed her bottom lip sheepishly, the skin somehow staying unbroken despite her sharp teeth. "It's a bit of a habit, I guess. I mean, I can take a hit or two no problem..." She felt a bit guilty, seeing the look in his eyes. Not that she'd let him know it, her lips suddenly shifting back to their familiar grin. "... But I guess there's not a lot of thrill in it for you if I'm trying to steal all your hits, is there? Point taken."

She shot a glance at the scorched earth where the viruses had stood just moments before, the broken ribbons of what had once been their data slowly dissipating into thin air. "That was a good time, though, wasn't it? We got them before they even knew we were here, basically." She casually extended her left arm toward the battlefield, hand gently cupped, palm up. "So that means I was right about you, then. You act like you don't know what to do, but you're way too effective for me to call you an amateur." The broken streams slowly begin to flow into her grasp, intertwining to form a small tattered sphere. The cruel zig-zag of her teeth flashed for a second as she bit into the faintly glowing orb, shattering it and then oh so casually popping the remainder into her mouth.

"I like the green, by the way. Do you have a lot of these... styles, or whatever you call them?" She admired Cambiare's altered suit, still slowly chewing with the occasional glassy crunch. She swallowed and took a few paces further down the road. "Let's talk as we go; I can't see that Mr. Prog anywhere, so we can't stick around here for long."

[READY FOR BATTLE WHENEVER MAWG IS]
Right after Cambiare tried to tell Cheshire to take care of her own well being, he noticed that all the viruses were taken care of, making both navi's point moot. Seeing how the large groups of viruses fell so quickly meant...that Cheshire was really really strong, or at least how Cambiare thought. However, it seemed like the veiled navi had something else to say. "Me? E-effective? Not an a-amateur? No no no, you're being too kind..." Though Cambiare tried to be humble as possible, he couldn't help but to be happy at Cheshire's praise.

"T-there really isn't a proper name for all this...forms I take. So far there's only t-two of them, but we're in the progress of making another!" said the nervous navi as he looked down at his giant gauntlets. It was then that he was reminded of the new Program Drive that was being created, making him wonder what type of power he will be able to harness next...But first, he had to follow behind Cheshire, who was following up with the Mr. Prog ahead!

-TEAM BATTLE TWO, READY!-
More walking and talking! That was boring, so they went ahead to catch up with the Mr. Prog. They didn't seem to see the little guy anywhere; the hovering robot sub-program either had taken a turn they didn't see, or it was just plain quick. Anyway, during their walk, they stumbled upon a rather pretty sight; a trio of rainbow-colored datastreams were filing out of holes in the metallic floor, intertwining as they flowed up into the sky. Surprisingly, some viruses had also come to admire the view, as two Dynamites and three Boomers came to gawk at the brilliant display. As the Navis approached, however, they turned hostile. Worse, it seemed that the streams were hiding some cube-shaped viruses, colored red and blue on their left and right sides.

-- ENEMIES --
DBLCUBE A: 100 HP [Behind Datastream A]
DBLCUBE B: 100 HP [Behind Datastream B]
DBLCUBE C: 100 HP [Behind Datastream C]
Dynamite A: 100 HP
Dynamite B: 100 HP
Boomer A: 60 HP
Boomer B: 60 HP
Boomer C: 60 HP

-- OBJECTS --
Datastream A: 100 HP (Broken)
Datastream B: 100 HP (Broken)
Datastream C: 100 HP (Broken)

-- ALLIES --
Cheshire.EXE: 160 HP
Cambiare.EXE: 140 HP

-- TERRAIN --
85% Metal
15% Broken

-- TEAM BATTLE 02, READY? START!! --
"Ooh, what a sight..."

Cambiare, along with Cheshire, came across the colorful spectacle that rose up into the sky. The navi couldn't help but to stop and be in awe of the rising datastreams, but leave it to the viruses to sour the mood. "Huh. It looks like even the viruses have some appreciation to the finer things in life...If they still continue to live!" Finny began to laugh hysterically, whether in a joking manner or something much more sinister, no one could really figure it out except herself.

Before the navi tried to get into the fight, he noticed the three viruses that hid behind the datastreams, peering to the side to get a proper glimpse. "I-I'll take those cubes on the back...Do y-you think you can h-handle...Handle the rest, Ch-Ch-Cheshire?" The number of viruses was huge and proper coordination would be necessary in order to win efficiently...But simply asking his partner which virus she should target was the biggest problem Cambiare had so far. "I-it's not like you have to, but I think it's for the b-best?" Regardless of his troubles, the navi 'successfully' communicated with Cheshire and began to focus on the fight.

"You need to get around those what-cha-ma-call-its? No problem, this is the time for Brio form!"

Cambiare's body changed to his red the instant Finny swapped the program drive off her PET. "Staccato!" As Cambiare gripped his hands into a fist, the stripes laid across the navi's body began to glow in an orange light as energy began to surge through his body. His movement felt quicker, his senses was heightened, and, with both of them added, his confidence gained a little boost thanks to this temporary signature attack. "Looks like those cubes are quiet far away from where you are...Just make sure to put yourself in the right location, Cambi." As soon as the TankCannon chip was loaded in, the nervous navi bravely dashed towards the viruses with his buster arm held up. As much of a wreck Cambiare was, he wasn't stupid enough to dash through the 5 viruses in front of him just to reach the cubes at the back. Instead, he opted to run around the viruses and flank the cubes behind the datastream.

"Just follow the path, just follow the p-path..."

The metal panels echoed and amplified each of Cambiare's steps, putting the pressure on the navi as he feared that it would direct the viruses' attention towards him. However, he quickly shook his head and glanced back at Cheshire. "I-I'm relying on you!" The navi placed his trust on the navi he only met few minutes ago as he continued his running...Trusting that she would at least take out all the viruses so that he wouldn't be attacked.

After getting around the viruses and the datastream, the DBLCUBEs were finally in Cambiare's sight as he raised his buster at them. "Alright, I'm r-ready!" The buster changed into the Catack viruses' gun barrel and began to charge up for its explosive attack. With the pull of the "trigger," Cambiare fired the tank-slug at the DBLCUBE at the center. After three consecutive use of the same chip, the navi seemed to have adjusted himself for the painful aches that came with the recoil...Quickly swapping his arm to continue the attack. "Man, those cubes are tough! Pepper some bullets at them to finish the job!"

Just like the battle before, Finny had prepared the Machinegun chip as the next form of attack as Cambiare's arm changed into the Gunner viruses' head. "N-not again...Oh well, I guess t-this will have to d-do." The navi's heightened sense came into play as he looked down on the gun's sight, aiming at the same DBLCUBE from before. "Wait! Stopstopstop! Don't do that!" Finny intervened as she appeared on a holoscreen directly in front of the gun barrel. "W-woah! I almost sh-shot you!...I mean, your f-face...I mean, your...Argh, what is it, Finny!" said Cambiare as he withdrew his gun. The operator shook her head and pointed her long finger at Cambiare, explaining the reason for the sudden halt. "I know this sounds weird, but don't use that super-sense of yours just now. You WANT to miss some shots with that gun, yeah? I want you to spray and pray like none-other!!"

The navi scratched his head with the end of his gun, still confused even after Finny finished explaining why he shouldn't aim properly with his attack. "A-alright, if you say so." With that said, Cambiare finally aimed at the cube one more, and began to let his machinegun run loose as bullets began to rain down on the viruses...

* Change: Brio Form
1. Staccato [1st: Movement (x2) | 2nd: Take Aim (x2) | 2 TCD]
* Move around datastream (x2)
2. TankCannon [80 /or/ [b]80+Blast2[/b] | Alt-Mode | Take Aim] {A / C} @ DBLCUBE B
3. MachineGun [30 x 9 Shots | Spray Fire] {D} @ DBLCUBE B

Cooldowns:
Staccato: USED
"Oh~! Now that's something unusual." Cheshire drew to a stop alongside Cambiare, grinning up at the twisting pillars that stretched up into the sky. "Wonder how they taste...? What do you think, Sis?" She continued to consider the streams with a curious grin, seeming not to notice the viruses for the time being.

"Couldn't say... I've never been quite as enthusiastic as you about licking things." There was more than a touch of amusement in the woman's voice. "Probably not a great idea... You'll do it anyway, of course, but you'll find it tough with these viruses hanging around and hogging the view." The navi crossed her arms. "You're forgetting Cambi, sis! What kind of guide would I be if I let him down, huh?" This simply prompted a soft laugh from Iris.

Cheshire finally lowered her eyes from the three colourful pillars to survey the handful of viruses that had collected at its base. "Mm?" Her golden eyes turned to Cambiare, shining eagerly. "Sounds like a plan! Go get 'em, Cambi." Her voice almost a purr as she turned toward the viruses. Her feet shifted over the cold metal tile; that was fine for now. None of the viruses looked like they could make much use of it. There were a good few of them, though, and they looked sturdy -- it'd take both of them, giving their all, to get rid of them without any complications.

The girl drew herself up to her full height. Standing on tiptoe, arms stretched upwards, her eyes half-shut as a look of concentration passed over her face. The air around her began to ripple oh-so-faintly with heat, and as she slipped back into her usual combat stance she seemed to be almost bursting with energy. Cambiare suddenly caught her eye, shifting from grey to vivid red in the blink of an eye. Her curved lips formed a faint smile; the colour suited him. She watched him a little longer as he barreled past the enemy lines -- though not quite so distant as to avoid the viruses' attention.

"Oh, no you don't!" she cried gleefully, launching herself forward suddenly from her half-crouch. She covered the distance between her and the first line in a single line, the wind whipping at the loose tails of her silk bindings and whipping her hair into a mad halo of silver. The metal groaned from the force as she touched down again, right before the floating green Boomers. "Little bit out of your comfort zone, aren't you?" she gloated, bringing one slender leg up to stamp again at the tortured metal. A great wave of fire burst from the seams in the tiles, angry yellow light reflecting off her jagged smile.

Satisfied for now with the amount of trouble she'd probably caused for the Boomers, she cartwheeled sideways -- perhaps in a more showy way than was entirely necessary. Cambiare had said he was counting on her, though, and so why not show off a little? The silk bindings on her left arm came loose as she leapt, seemingly of their own accord. Unfurled completely, it was clear that they weren't wrapping anything besides more of the same black ribbons. Her bare feet barely made a sound as she landed in a crouch before a second group of viruses. Without warning, she spun on her toes, an orange glow gathering at the ends of her wrappings as they lashed out twice, spreading a vicious gout of flame each time.

"How're things going on your end?" she called as she strode casually around the datastreams, the loose tails of silk trailing over the ground behind her. She grinned softly, seeing the mix of determination and nerves plain on Cambiare's face. "You've been busy," she remarked in a conversational tone, surveying the damage from well out of the range of the machine gun's spread. It looked like the cubes were basically done for -- still, better safe than sorry. The silk began to slither back into the rough shape of an arm. Instead of a hand, though, a long black extended from her wrist, shining with something a little steelier than silk's natural sheen. With an ecstatic shout she brought the long, heavy weapon around at one of the besieged cubes, stepping perhaps a little too close to the spread of Cambiare's fire in the process. Maybe it would be dead without her intervening. Who knew?

Who cared?

She stumbled just a little, extending the blade's arc a little wider than she'd intended. Already that incredible feeling of energy was starting to leave her, and she felt terribly diminished in its absence.

░▒▓█▐└┬╢ACTIONS╟┬┘▌█▓▒░
    Free Action - Afterburner [+1 action this turn! -1 action next turn!]
    [li]FlameLine1 - BoomerA, BoomerB, BoomerC [70 + Ground Attack + Wide Attack, Fire, B]
    [li]FlameLine1 - DynamiteA, DynamiteB [70 + Ground Attack + Wide Attack, Fire, B]
    [li]FlameLine1 - DynamiteA, DynamiteB [70 + Ground Attack + Wide Attack, Fire, B]
    [li]Move around Datastreams
  • BambooSword - DBLCUBEC [80+10+10, Slashing, Wide Attack, B]
Tag-teaming the viruses, Cambiare and Cheshire both got to work, with the former taking out the big guns, going all-out on the menacing-looking cubes. He managed to take two of them down easily, with the third being heavily damaged. Cheshire unleashed fiery hell on the remaining viruses, though her aim on the Boomer group was far from satisfactory, with none of them receiving even a scratch; she had aimed directly behind them. What a blunder!

The Dynamite were deleted quite easily, though, and the remaining cube was sliced up as it attempted to fire on Cambiare. The Boomers released their boomerang-shaped heads at the team, though only one of them hit them, and that was with a pretty great stroke of luck. (15 Cambiare / 15 Cheshire)

-- ENEMIES --
DBLCUBE A: DELETED
DBLCUBE B: DELETED
DBLCUBE C: DELETED
Dynamite A: DELETED
Dynamite B: DELETED
Boomer A: 60 HP
Boomer B: 60 HP
Boomer C: 60 HP

-- OBJECTS --
Datastream A: 20 HP (Broken)
Datastream B: 20 HP (Broken)

-- ALLIES --
Cheshire.EXE: 145 HP [Afterburner! -1 Action]
Cambiare.EXE: 125 HP

-- TERRAIN --
85% Metal
15% Broken
Cheshire turned to Cambiare as the last DBLCUBE began to dissolve, tilting her head as if intending to say something. Her cocky smile suddenly vanished, however, as she caught sight of the boomerang arcing toward the two of them. "Nngh!" She gripped her side, feeling the relatively shallow cut through the tear in the fabric of her dress. She glanced at Cambiare, and then the trio of Boomers floating smugly a short distance away. "Sorry about that, Cambi..." She murmured, wiping the small smear of dark blood on the hip of her leggings.

"It isn't like you to apologize like that," Iris remarked coolly. "What brings this on?"

"Well, I'm his guide, yeah?" Cheshire started toward the three Boomers, her brow set with determination. "Not much of a guide if I get him cut up like this, am I?"

"I would just say you were living up to your name." Iris' voice was uncharacteristically warm as she teased her.

With a roar, Cheshire broke into a run, the black blade of her sword-arm scraping a furrow into the metal tiles. Nearing the group of impudent viruses, she swung the sword forward, burying the tip and vaulting at her opponents. Fire wreathed her legs as she launched a fearsome dropkick at one, hitting the ground in a roll as she completed her pass.

She smoothly climbed to her feet in the same motion, spinning to face another of the viruses. "You coulda just run off, you know that? I wouldnt've chased you or anything!" She lashed out with a powerful side kick, flames licking at the cold, sterile SciLab air. "But now, guess what!? You're food! I'm gonna kill you, and then I'm gonna fucking eat you!" She fixed the final virus with her blazing stare. She stepped forward, throwing her entire body into a mighty overhand swing with her sword-arm. The metal tiles shrieked as the blade buried itself in the floor.

She slumped onto the tiles, grabbing her sword-arm to keep herself sitting upright. "Did I... Haah... Get them this time?" She panted, looking wearily up toward her companion.

░▒▓█▐└┬╢ACTIONS╟┬┘▌█▓▒░

[li]FireHit1 - BoomerB [60 + Impact + Double Attack, Fire, A]
    [li]FireHit1 - BoomerC [60 + Impact + Double Attack, Fire, A]
  • BambooSword - BoomerA, BoomerB, BoomerC [80+10+10 + Slashing + Wide Attack, Wood, B]
The DBLCUBEs were successfully deleted without causing any harm, but the Boomers had nicked Cambiare on his stomach and Cheshire with their boomerangs, ending the battle phase with a sour note. "Ouch, my sides..." The cut wasn't nearly as bad as some of the other injuries the navi had faced before, but it was still a cut nonetheless. "N-no, don't be sorry, Cheshire. I-it happens." said the navi as he clenched his hand over the wound.

Finny had drawn out two chips out from her pocket and quickly inserted it into the PET. "Does little Cambi have a booboo? Well, this will fix it up." A pink light appeared out of nowhere and enveloped Cambiare's body entirely, completely curing the cut and all his fatigues in an instant. "Thanks, Finny. That r-really he-ARRRGH!" The navi looked down to find that his wound was indeed healed...and his entire right fist lit up in flames. He began to swing his arm haphazardly in order to put out the fire, but it was simply no use as it continued to burn vigorously. "O-o-off! Get it off! I m-mean, put it off! Ahhhhh!" It was only after the unnecessary panic that Cambiare realized that the fire wasn't burning nor hurting him at all, instead, it had a gentle warm glow despite how fiercely it was burning.

"Oh right. This is the new chip we got a few battles ago. Thought this was the best time to try it ourselves...And stop freaking out, geez."

Cambiare continued to inspect the fire on his hand, but quickly snapped out of it when Cheshire suddenly moved in for her own attack. "R-right...N-nothing wrong with your h-hand bu-bu-burning." He approached the Boomers from behind the data stream and hoped to catch one with its back revealed. But the fact that his hand was on fire really got to Cambiare's head, unable to focus correctly as he swung his burning fist without caring which ever direction it hit the viruses. "One more, o-one more!" Cambiare drew his fist back and swung it at the other Boomer virus nearby, successfully dispelling the flame and putting the poor navi at rest...

1. Recovery30 [Heals 30 HP] {S} @ Self
2. FireHit [60 ([b]x3 Terrain Advantage / Elemental Weakness[/b]) | Impact | Double] {A} @ BoomerC
3. FireHit [60 ([b]x3 Terrain Advantage / Elemental Weakness[/b]) | Impact | Double] {A} @ BoomerB

Cooldowns:
Staccato: 2 TCD
Fiery fists were always fun to play around with. Gleaming green swords, too. Ooooh, profanity.

-- ENEMIES --
DBLCUBE A: DELETED
DBLCUBE B: DELETED
DBLCUBE C: DELETED
Dynamite A: DELETED
Dynamite B: DELETED
Boomer A: DELETED
Boomer B: DELETED
Boomer C: DELETED

-- OBJECTS --
Datastream A: 20 HP (Broken)
Datastream B: 20 HP (Broken)

-- ALLIES --
Cheshire.EXE: 145 HP
Cambiare.EXE: 140 HP

-- TERRAIN --
85% Metal
15% Broken

-- TEAM BATTLE 02, VICTORY!! --

-- REWARDS --

Cheshire: [DBLBEAM1] Battlechip, 560z, 2 FXP
Cambiare: 640z, 2 FXP
"Hahaha... Well, that was embarrassing." Cheshire remarked a little hoarsely, propping herself up on her buried sword. "Still... We did pretty good, huh?" She yanked the blade out of the ground with a grunt. Her free hand gently cupped one of the broken strands of virus data as they floated up around her. The black silk that composed the blade unwound itself, the separate ribbons snaking out and snatching the bright shapes before they could dissipate, drawing them into the confusion of bandages as they reformed into the shape of an arm.

"Told you so." Cheshire purred to no one in particular, her small pink tongue darting smoothly over her lips. She tilted her head to Cambiare, a inscrutable smile on her face. "Ready for some more? I'm not sure if we can catch up to that Mr. Prog now, but we might as well have fun while we're here." She set off again with a friendly wink, her stride a great deal more energetic than it had been a short while ago.

[BATTLE 3 READY! 145 HP!]
"Oohh, it burns, it b-burns..."

Cambiare was blowing at his right fist, cooling it down since it was aflame just a few moment ago. The battle as already over, and Cheshire was already looking his way with her usual smile on her face. "Right...F-fun..." Though Cambiare admit that the two of them were pretty good in taking down viruses, there was no way that he could ever see virus busting as an enjoyable activity.

Nonetheless, he did enjoy his time with the Cheshire as he followed behind the stranger he met few minutes ago on the trail of catching up with the mysterious Mr. Prog...

-BATTLE THREE, READY!-
The road they went through after the battle became wider and wider, and its shine became more pronounced until it became a beautiful glow. The road led them to a four-way intersection, where a few viruses seemed to be waiting to ambush anyone who walked by. A couple of towering IronShields were lurking around some UFO viruses, as well as some Handy. In front of the 'Shields were some electric Swordy, which swung about their swords threateningly at Cheshire and Cambiare!

-- ENEMIES --
IronShield A: 120 HP (Protecting UFO) (Glass)
IronShield B: 120 HP (Protecting Handy) (Glass)
RedUFO A: 80 HP (Flying/Glass)
RedUFO B: 80 HP (Flying/Glass)
Handy A: 80 HP (Solar)
Handy B: 80 HP (Solar)
Handy C: 80 HP (Glass)
Swordy-E A: 80 HP (Solar)
Swordy-E B: 80 HP (Solar)
Swordy-E C: 80 HP (Solar)

-- ALLIES --
Cheshire.EXE: 145 HP (Solar)
Cambiare.EXE: 140 HP (Solar)

-- TERRAIN --
50% Solar (Four roads leading into main area)
50% Glass (Circular area where roads converge)

-- TEAM BATTLE 03, READY? START!! --
"By the way, Cambi..." Cheshire began as the two of them travelled along the gently glowing path, her face suddenly pensive. "You've been acting like you're about to shake yourself to pieces. I didn't scare you that badly, did I?" Again that sharp-toothed grin, suggesting that she might not quite mind if it was a result of her attention. "You should just relax! I mean, the two of us are... Oh!" The cluster of viruses finally caught her eye, the prospect of more prey pulling her attention away from the conversation. "Hmhmhm... They're so cute when they try to organize~!"

Her unhurried steps brought her toward the sword-bearers first. The girl seemed strangely unalert, even stretching her arms above her head leisurely. The illusion only lasted for a second, though. Her right hand suddenly gripped her left wrist and pulled with a twist, the ribbons that made up her hand and fingers unfurling and forming the pommel of the long, thin sword of brilliant green she extracted from her wrapped arm. The rest of the arm followed suit, now a billowing sleeve as she spun, bringing the sword around at the first line of viruses in a wide arc once, and then again, her red-stained fingers tight around the hilt.

"As for you..." She briefly pondered the viruses with the huge shields. They seemed intent on protecting the ones behind them -- and if she remembered correctly, those were some viruses they were better off destroying as quickly as possible. Her eyes brightened as she noticed the planes of fragile glass on which they had chosen to make their stand, however. She crouched, the tips of her wrappings slithering against the glowing ground and then burying themselves inside it, a wide pillar of fire shortly blooming a little ways away.

She stood then, and watched, rapt, waiting to see what the situation would be when the curtain of fire cleared.

░▒▓█▐└┬╢ACTIONS╟┬┘▌█▓▒░

[li]BambooSword - Swordy-E A, Swordy-E B, Swordy-E C [80 + 10 | Slashing | Wide Attack | Wood | B]
    [li]BambooSword - Swordy-E A, Swordy-E B, Swordy-E C [80 + 10 | Slashing | Wide Attack | Wood | B]
  • FlameLine1 - IronShield A, IronShield B [70 | Ground | Wide | Fire | B]
    *Mainly attempting to shatter the glass panels beneath them.
-- TURN SPLICE --
Cambiare and Cheshire continued on the glowing road, moving along as he checked his right hand once more. "Oh come on. It's all in your head, it didn't even give you a singe!" said Finny, trying in her own way to comfort her navi. "Y-yeah? Well, try telling me that when you have your e-entire hand is bu-bu-burning" Cheshire was worried about Cambiare's strange actions, but he shook his hands to reassure the navi. "No, no. You weren't s-scary at all. No, n-not one bit." said Cambiare as he smiled back at Cheshire's menacing grin.

The smile on the nervous navi was quickly turned into a frown when a horde of viruses stood in their way. Intimidated by their numbers, Cambiare began to step away from his enemies. "F-F-Finny. Tenut-to form!" With the quick swap of the program drive, the navi's body changed to his green form and immediately bashed his gauntlet against one another to form the sound-barrier around him.

"Man, what's going on?" said Finny as she closely inspected the viruses through her PET's holoscreen. "It looks like they're continuously growing in numbers...At this rate, we might fight a hundred of them!" Cambiare gulped as he heard the potential enemies he would have to fight if he continued, but he watched as Cheshire fearlessly jumped into the battle. The navi eyed the Ironshield that was defending some of the viruses and decided to wait it out before he made his own move...Taking steps further away.

Change: Tenuto Form
1. Andante [30 HP Barrier / 30 HP Casing / 2TCD]
-Turn Splice-

Cooldowns:
Andante: USED
Cheshire's all-out attack on the Swordy was met with great success as her BambooSword cleaved through their armor like butter. The curtain of fire raised itself on the battlefield, causing mass mayhem on the IronShields' side as they fell into the floor, dealing quite a bit of damage to them. The UFO viruses got to work, flying up to the Navis. Red beams were fired from their undersides, hitting both Cheshire and Cambiare and disrupting their chip systems! [Totem1 Blocked / MachineGun1 Blocked] The Handy, meanwhile, got to laying around some bombs for the benefit of their (mostly dead) teammates.

From the holes of the fallen IronShields, some bombs were fired haphazardly around, but didn't land on anything important. One of them did catch Cambiare's sound barrier some, but that was it.

-- ENEMIES --
IronShield A: 30 HP (Fallen/Broken)
IronShield B: 30 HP (Fallen/Broken)
Handy A: 80 HP (Solar)
Swordy-E A: DELETED
Swordy-E B: DELETED
Swordy-E C: DELETED

-- OBJECTS --
TimeBomb A: 50 HP
TimeBomb B: 50 HP
DudBomb: 1 HP [Near Handy group]

-- ALLIES --
Cheshire.EXE: 145 HP (Solar) [Action: 1/4]
Cambiare.EXE: 140 HP (Solar) [Barrier 20 / Casing 30] [Action: 2/3]

-- TERRAIN --
35% Solar (Four roads leading into main area)
35% Glass (Circular area where roads converge)
15% Cracked (Swordy-E area)
15% Broken (IronShields' area)
Cheshire peered into the hole she had created, watching the shapes of the two viruses recede into the distance before coming to a sudden stop a long way down. Well, that went better than I expected. Now what the hell are these things they were guarding?

Her question was answered shortly, as the exposed viruses hurried into action. The red beam took her by surprise, but there didn't seem to be any harm done, besides making her skin tingle a little. The giant hand-shaped viruses, though -- those looked a little more dangerous. She spun to face one as it laid a bomb nearby, a predatory smile slashes across her face. Wordlessly, she cast her left arm forward, the tendrils of silk lashing out toward the Handy and curling around its form.

░▒▓█▐└┬╢ACTIONS╟┬┘▌█▓▒░

• Taste Test - Handy A [Drain 25 | Pull 1 | Glitch 3 | Null | 2 TCD]
Taste Test - USED
Cambiare raised his arms up when the IronShield's bomb exploded, but not to block the attack, but to cover his ear. The attack was safely fended off thanks to his barrier, but it still looked like it made an impression on the navi. "U-urrgh. I can never get use to those l-loud explosions..." said the navi as he lowered his arm. "...Well, then I guess you'll hate for this one then." Inserting the TankCannon chip, Finny watched as Cambiare's right gauntlet let out a large gun barrel, making the navi let out an exhausted sigh.

"Y-you know. As powerful as this ch-chip is. Don't you t-think it's time to use s-something else?" said Cambiare as he readied the gun, despite his complain. "Pfft, whatever, don't fix what's not broken. You take that gun and shoot it at those tank-like viruses down in that hole!" The navi lifted his gigantic gun and tried to make his way towards the gaping hole Cheshire had made. Though he was uneasy about moving straight through the viruses, Cambiare was able to relax just a bit as the dangerous Swordy viruses were taken care of, thanks to Cheshire once more.

When the nervous navi finally reached to the edge of the broken hole, he peered down to see the two IronShields below. Cambiare firmly planted his foots on the precarious floor, making sure the he himself wouldn't fall below, and lowered the TankCannon into the hole. "L-like shooting a fish in a barrel...T-that's the right s-saying, right?" After bracing his body for the recoil, Cambiare fired the gun straight down at the two entrapped viruses as the explosion sent tiny glass fragments to shoot up into the sky...

-TURN SPLICE END-
2. Movement to Broken terrain
3. TankCannon [80 /or/ [b]80+Blast2[/b] | Alt-Mode | Take Aim] {A / C} @ IronShield B

Cooldowns:
Andante: 2 TCD

With an evil-looking smile on her face, Cheshire let her tendrils out towards a nearby Handy, and sucked some life out of it. A host of bugs flowed from her body into the virus, infesting it with harmful glitches. Corrosion started to eat away at its body, and it was unable to move! In addition to that, the bomb it had just laid down puffed out with a small trail of smoke.

Meanwhile, Cambiare went over to the broken terrain, standing near the glass where the IronShields had been. Finny sent the Navi their staple battlechip, and the Navi aimed down at the viruses, which would surely have been sitting ducks with their position. However, luck smiled on them yet, as the glass made Cambiare's aim unstable, and he fired off to the side!

-- ENEMIES --
IronShield A: 30 HP (Fallen/Broken)
IronShield B: 30 HP (Fallen/Broken)
Handy A: 55 HP (Solar) (Rooted / Poison5)
Swordy-E A: DELETED
Swordy-E B: DELETED
Swordy-E C: DELETED

-- OBJECTS --
TimeBomb A: FAILED
TimeBomb B: 50 HP [2 turns]
DudBomb: 1 HP [Near Handy group] [X]

-- ALLIES --
Cheshire.EXE: 160 HP (Solar)
Cambiare.EXE: 140 HP (Glass) [Barrier 20 / Casing 30]

-- TERRAIN --
35% Solar (Four roads leading into main area)
35% Glass (Circular area where roads converge)
15% Cracked (Swordy-E area)
15% Broken (IronShields' area)