SciLab: First Run

Bump.
DID YOU KNOW: Hydrogen is the most unstable element on the periodic table.
Timing his sword strike just right, Recon managed to slide the bomb in two. He cleared the distance over the malfunctioning device just before it exploded in a hazardous burst of flames. Moving quickly, he managed to move to the mouse and cut it in two (no small feat). The cannon attempted to gun him down, but simple strafing was enough to stop it from achieving this goal.

RattyA: DELETED
RattyB: DELETED
CannonGuardA: 10 HP
CannonGuardB: DELETED

Mr.Prog: 50 HP [Safe]

Terrain: 100% Metal

Recon.EXE: 55 HP
The battle had finally taken a turn for the better. As Recon finished his two-part dash-and-slash-athon, he turned his attention to the final standing virus, the weakened CannonGuard.

It was clear the virus wouldn't take much more damage, and Recon's rifle was once again ready to use. Don't bother sending more chips, I've got this, he reported to his operator as he took hold of the sniper. The S-99's scope began to interface with the EAAS, and the familiar red focus began bearing down on the stationary target. Recon still wasn't sure why it needed to think about how a still target could possibly break lock, but rather than waste the time, Recon moved off the panel where he'd slashed the Ratty in two and moved back to the centre of the field, keeping an eye on the Cannon the whole time.

As the vizor comfirmed a lock, Recon took hold of the trigger and steadied the gun. Time to finish this, he growled. Taking one last look at the enemy, he pulled the trigger and sent a pristine bullet into full speed as it exited the chamber and hurtled towards the target.

----------

[RP] *** Marksmanship [+1 Accuracy to Shot-type Attacks]
[R1] RPA: Dodge / Return to previous area
[R2] RPA: Take Aim / Line up attack
[R3] S/A: S-99 [40 dmg + Phasing]*** @ CannonGuardA

Recon: 55 / 100 HP
[Sigs In Cooldown]
[<<] S-99
Bump.
Bump2
White chocolate is awesome.
Recon had made a good call in moving. The CanoGuard immediately fired at him, and, thanks to his sudden movement, Recon had managed to avoid the attack by a fraction of an inch. It had been close, but close in his favor.

He then lined up his shot and fired, and quite easily hit the CanoGuard. The virus promptly disintegrated, leaving Recon to his rewards.

[BATTLE 2, DONE]

Recon.EXE: 55 HP

RewardData: 480 Zenny

((OOC: It was tempting to ignore you, though, to learn some more neat facts in your spoiler bumps.))
OoC
My Spoiler bumps will continue, as long as I can think of stuff worth putting in them, and don't bore/annoy the people.

As Recon slid the S-99 back over his shoulder, he walked among the mess he had helped create, and picked out of the ruins some spoils. As he transferred them to his operator, he noticed that the path he'd been following had lit up again, but lead to a darker part of the network. Do you still want me to follow the path?

Steve was suddenly curious. You've been following a path? he asked.

It appeared after the first ba... he began to speak, but cut himself short.

Recon? Steve questioned again. Is something there?

A sudden blur of movement! Recon had one second to move before a dark figure flew by him. Unable to tell whether it was an enemy or enemy fire, Recon grabbed the D-01 and swung it around to the fore, ready to fire. We've got more company, get ready! he alerted as he spun around, searching for the source.

His left hand hovering over the minute selection of battlechips, Steve held the PET with his right, watching the darkness through the screen. Focus, he commanded his navi. Identify and engage.

----------

[[[ENEMY DEFEATED]]]
GET ZENNY: 480 (730 => 1210)

[[[BATTLE 3... Already in progress?]]]
Bump
WEDDING BUMP! Groom is gonna be so wasted tonight, only two hours in and he's already downed a full bottle of spirits... OffyourFacebook material?...
Recon's instincts saved his skin, as a Remote Bit descended from the sky out of nowhere to graze the floor tile where he had been with a powerful blast of electrical energy. The force of the attack was enough to make a hole in most terrain types, but the metallic ground underneath Recon's feet was an exception in this case; not a scratch appeared. Its property of amplifying the electrical attack was slightly unnerving, however.

The Remote Bit was not alone, however, as a red UFO-shaped virus hovered around it lazily. It was also being controlled by another shock-haired virus from afar. The virus was accompanied by a duo of Bunny viruses hopping around it to cover its flanks.

Twisty: 80HP (A little further away)
RedUFO: 80HP (Floating around Remote Bit)
Bunny A: 50HP (Flanking Twisty's left)
Bunny B: 50HP (Flanking Twisty's right)

Remote Bit 1: Null (Floating near Recon)

Recon.EXE: 55HP

-BATTLE THREE, FIGHT!!-
OoC
I'm assuming that the terrain is 100% metal, as the terrain has not been specified.

As the four new virii came into view, Recon was at a loss. The two Bunnys he recognised from the previous battles, but the two new virii he knew nothing about. Two Bunnys and two unknowns, he confirmed. Oh, and some weird floating terminal. I think that's what tried to shoot at me, he added, glaring at the device.

Taking a look at the enemy through the PET, Steve was a little worried, but his facial expression and voice tone remained the same. Okay, that "terminal" is a remote device being operated by the virus with the spiky hair. That's a Twisty, and the terminal's a Remote Bit, he explained. I'm not sure what that red thing is though. I've never seen one before.

Now Recon was worried. What do you want me to do?

Steve quickly formulated a plan. Okay, move yourself away from the Remote Bit and its red friend. Until we know what it does, I don't want you near it. As Recon began running away, Steve picked out the well-seasoned Shotgun chip and placed it into the chip-downloader. The data transferred along the network line and relayed itself into the navi. As the Shotgun began to appear, Steve continued. Look, those Bunnys are defending the Twisty. This is a perfect chance to get a double shot; you either hit the Twisty dead-on and take out one of the Bunnys in the spread, or if the Bunnys try to defend, you'll end up taking out one of them and the Twisty, or both. Either way, it's a win-win situation for you.

Recon already had his lock on the Twisty, and was waiting for Steve to tell him something he already hadn't figured out for himself. Content that this wasn't going to happen, he charged the attack and released the spray towards its target. What it would end up hitting was going to be a mystery, but at least his aim was accurate.

Recon knew first-hand what the Bunnys were capable of, so it wasn't surprising that the Mettaur's Guard shield was suddenly appearing in front of him. Solid enough for at least one hit, he grasped it firmly and thrust it in front of him, prepared for whatever was next. I hate this part, he muttered.

----------

[RP] Marksmanship (Accuracy +1 rank w/Shot Attacks / Can Surpass A Rank)

[R1] RPA: Dodge / Move away from enemy
[R2] B/C: Shotgun [50 Dmg + Spread1] @ Twisty (See above for more detail)
[R3] B/C: Guard1 [Up to 60 Dmg + Reflect] [Deployed]

[Equipped: Guard1]

[Sigs in Cooldown]
None
As Recon moved to the side, both the Remote Bit and the red UFO virus charged at him. The UFO he dodged easily, but the Bit's attack was not a full charge, but a projectile attack. Thus, the gunner had his body inundated with extremely painful electrical charges, amplified even more by the metal he was standing on. (30x2 Metal) Now dangerously low in health, he shot the Twisty with his Shotgun attack, killing a Bunny off to its left in the process. The remaining Bunny decided that it wasn't going to attack, and simply leapt around trying to find a vantage point to hit Recon better. Afterwards, all Recon could do in waiting was to deploy his Guard and await further instruction.

Twisty: 30HP (A little further away)
RedUFO: 80HP (Floating around Remote Bit)
Bunny A: DELETED
Bunny B: 50HP (Flanking Twisty's right)

Remote Bit 1: Null (Floating near Recon)

Recon.EXE: 1HP (Guard1)

The floor lit up in electricity, and so did Recon. Such a large amount of damage should have rendered him too damaged for battle, but by the miracle of the NaviCust, the Undershirt program kicked in, giving Recon a second chance. That didn't stop the pain, however.

Fortunately, Recon wasn't anywhere nearby to feel it.

[CREATION COMPLETE. REMOVE SUBJECT.]

Opening his eyes for the first time, he felt someone pulling him along a corridor. Recon looked up to see a large gray navi, with He was shown to a small room, with nothing more than a holographic screen and a statis bed for recovery. Directing him into it, the mysterious gray went to close the door.

Wait, Recon stammered. What am I supposed to do in here?

The gray navi turned around. Train. Your first exercise starts in a few hours, he replied. I suggest you be ready for it. With that he made his departure.

Recon looked at the screen. Of all the items that were on the screen, one caught his attention. Labelled "Purpose", it had a datadisc icon, indicating it was either a text entry or video. Touching it, Recon wondered what it would do. The stasis bed slid away, and without warning all 6 walls turned holographic, entering Recon into a new world. A sudden bright flash of white caused him to recoil from the adjustment of light.

Recon, get up! Steve yelled. You're not out yet.

Back on the battlefield, Recon got on his feet, having fell down from the previous attack. His vision was blurring, and the EAAS was doing its best to correct this. Critical failure imminent, it kept repeating.

Recon realised his shield was still intact. Hey, how come this didn't protect me? he asked.

Unless you had that Guard above your head, that was never going to protect you. I should have told you that, Steve grumbled over a static connection. It's going to take a second to re-establish a data connection, you'll have to fight on your own for now, he advised before disappearing completely.

Recon was afraid. With the absolute minimum health remaining, it was going to be difficult. He began his attack run by again moving as far away from the Remote Bit and the red thing as possible, this time keeping a close eye both in front and above and gripping his shield tightly. He wasn't going to be fooled a second time.

The Twisty was still alive, but one less Bunny roamed the field. His previous plan had worked to that extent, and now it was time to finish the Twisty. Taking out the S-99 Sniper Rifle and positioning it on his shoulder, Recon tried to aim it using the targeting system, but the blurring was giving the EAAS a hard time locking onto anything. Nevertheless, it eventually found its target, and Recon wasted no time firing the shot, hoping that killing the Twisty would take out the Remote Bit as well, just like Steve had said.

Even if the attack did hit, he still had to contend with the remaining Bunny and the mysterious red virus. He continued to run, this time keeping his focus on the Bunny, hoping to move behind it and away from its nasty electronic coil.

----------

[R1] RPA: Dodge
[R2] S/A: S-99 [40 Dmg + Phasing] @ Twisty
[R3] RPA: Dodge

Recon: 1 / 100 HP [Undershirt Active] [Equipped: Guard1]

[Sigs in Cooldown]
[<<] S-99
As soon as Recon got up to his feet, his recovery was greeted by the descent of the UFO virus. He could not dodge the UFO's charge, yet strangely enough, the flying object did not attack, but only swiped away his Guard. It did not feel as if it was taken away simply by normal means, but as if it was ripped away from his battlechip protocols themselves.

After that, Recon took to evasive maneuvers, and before the Twisty could react to Recon's dodging, the virus was immediately sniped by the latter's rifle, deleting it along with its floating bit. The Bunny alongside it became rather distraught by the turn of events and launched an electric ring at Recon, who managed to skillfully evade the fired ring due to his desperate state.

Twisty: DELETED
RedUFO: 80HP (Floating around)
Bunny B: 50HP (Jumping around aimlessly)

Recon.EXE: 1HP (Guard1 Stolen)

Recon's display was beginning to clear up, but the damaged navi was still in a critical condition. Absolutely grateful that the attacks had just missed him, he didn't seem to care that his Guard had been stolen (if you could call it "stolen"), although now he knew what to expect of this enemy. So the red guy is attracted to chips, eh? he questioned himself. If only I had my Sword, I could lure him in with it...

As if to answer his request, the Sword battlechip began morphing onto his chassis and extended out, solid and ready for use. Rather surprised at this unqueued action, Recon called out to his operator. Steve, you there? he yelled, but no response came back. Unsure whether the connection was simply temporary or whether he was being tested, Recon began his charge towards the red enemy, being careful not to lose his Sword before he could use it. Hoping to catch it with the blade in mid-air before he was deleted himself, Recon leapt into the air and swung the Sword at his enemy, hoping to deal it a fatal blow. Now it didn't matter if it took the Sword, as long as it ate the contents of its bladed fury first.

Landing on his feet, Recon immediately turned his attention back to the Bunny. It wouldn't be fooled by running again, and past history had already taught him that repeated evasion techniques become predictable. Instead, he stood in a alert position, ready to dodge whatever the Bunny threw at him. He could jump to the left or the right if he needed to, but the timing would need to be right. As the coil charged...

----------

[R1] RPA: Dodge / Lure RedUFO
[R2] B/C: Sword [80 Dmg + Slashing] [#####<] @ RedUFO
[R3] RPA: Dodge / Jump away from incoming attack

Recon: 1 / 100 HP

[Sigs in Cooldown]
[>~] D-01
Bump
"No-one is ever too old to know better." ~Margaret Preston
Lured in by the promise of yet more battlechip data, the Red UFO virus swooped in, only to be sliced down quickly by Recon's gleaming blade. The Bunny felt that this was not a very good situation to be in, and fled the battle.

Twisty: DELETED
RedUFO: DELETED
Bunny B: FLED

Recon.EXE: 1HP

-BATTLE THREE, VICTORY!!-

Rewards: [Catcher] Battlechip, 260z
Recon was surprised to see the red virus fall for his trap; he was sure his sword would at least be merged away from him, but what was even more surprising was that the remaining Bunny had turned around and fled the battleground. As he once again surveyed the field he'd fought the last two battles on, he picked up his spoils, which included fragments of Red.

Static occurred in the area, and finally Steve was back. You survived, he said, followed by a sigh of relief.

Recon smirked. Why, were you worried about me? he joked, poking fun at his operator's sudden concern.

Of course not, came back the reply. In fact, it would have probably been better for me if you had've been deleted, Steve mocked, with the same undernote as his navi.

Whatever, he smarmed before buckling at the knees. Propping himself back up with his hands, he transmitted the collected data to the PET. So what was that red thing, anyway? he asked.

Steve entered a blank chip into the chip reader and watched as the new Catcher chip came out. Apparently it's called a RedUFO. They thrive on the data of battlechips, it's kind of like candy to them. Thanks to you, we now have a similar version of that attack, he informed Recon before putting the latest addition into his folder. Beginning jack-out procedure.

Recon's body began to blur as his body translated itself into pure data form and began the journey back to the real world.

----------

[[[ENEMY DEFEATED]]]
GET ZENNY: 260 (1210 => 1470)
GET BATTLECHIP: Catcher [Navi: Steal first chip / Virus: Copy attack for use next round] {B}

Recon: 1 / 100 HP

*Log Out: Recon.EXE*

>>> To Science Labs: UnderSub Apartments >>>