Family Busting (MODLOCKED BY MEDIC)

"Junior, you gonna be all right fighting a girl?" Wes asked.

"Hmmmmm...... Wes, can you send me a MistConv and Varitail?" Junior asked, "I have an idea."

"Um... okay, I guess." Wes replied, puzzled by the request. He figured that Junior wouoldn't give up on negotiations so soon, plus he himself still wanted to know more about her motives before they got serious. Also, how did she know they were in Requiem? Information from the fight with Twi must have been leaked. In any case, what was Junior up to? "Sending the requested chips."

"Thanks. Now then, Hammer-san, why don't you come down from there?" he asked politely. He waved his hand upwards, summoning a watery appendage to rise up behind the assassin. He then willed it to try and grasp her legs, then made a motion for the hand to move downwards, hopefully pulling the girl down with it. Then, to furthur incapacitate her, Junior began to walk towards the girl, taking off his glasses as he did, "Come on, Hammer-san, you don't need to fight us. You sound more like a hired gun, so I doubt you have any personal grudge against us. I really don't want to fight you, so why don't you just move along instead of making things hostile? Better yet, how about we become friends, Hammer-san?" He then flashed her a wink before placing the glasses back on his face. He should have her now. His arm morphed into nine long, fluffy appendages, "Of course... if you refuse.... I might have to do something terrible to you, like tickle you." He raised the pillowy tails up, then shoved them all at the assassin for a moment, before drawing them back again, "See? Not very pleasent, is it? So what's your response?" He held the tails by his side, ready to use them again.

((1.) MistConv, 100 Aqua, Hammer-san
2.) Sexy Wink, Stunx4, Hammer-san
3.)Varitail, 10x9 slashing, Hammer-san
4-6.) Repetition of Action3 if Hammer-san doesn't give up))
"Way to go Celeste. You pissed off the assassin looking chick."
"How was I supposed to know fashion was her hot button?"

Leon sighed. "I guess you couldn't. Anyways... help Junior out. Rageclaw, slot in."
"A claw? What do you want me to do with that?"
"Use it to restrain her, obviously."

Of course. Make ME hold her back.
Celeste's nails grew long and steely as she activated the chip, closing in on the Navi as Junior tried to stop and stun her with his mistconv and winking. She tried to get behind her and grab a hold of her arms, trying to keep her from attacking with her razor sharp nails. If the assassin made a move, Celeste was ready to cut into her arms with her claws or throw her face first into the ground, whichever was required.
"Don't worry, I think I've got her!"

---------------
P:Meditatio
All: Restrain and stop attacking with Rage Claw holding. 40 (or 20 impact, mebe.)
The assassin was grabbed by the misty like hand, and just took the blow like the female she was... by smashing it with a hammer after it touched her. This was about when Junior walked up to her, and started to speak. The assassin slams the hammer's head into Junior's face after his wink, as she shouts out "Can it you stupid sexy cockroach!" When Junior and Celeste started up their trying to hold her down, and the strange attacks, all it managed to do was make her angrier. She began to swing her hammer around, trying to slam it into both Junior and Celeste mutiable times, shouting "Get off of me you damn roaches!" in an attempt to smack them away.

Undernet Assassin: 440(Stunx2, held down?)

Junior: 80
Celeste: 90
"Ouch..." Junior muttered as the hammer hit him in the face, "If I'm so sexy... why are you trying to mutilate me? Guess this requires more persuasion." Junior lowered the tails again, tickling her with tremendous passion, before withdrawing them again to give her a chance to recover, "So, ready to give up yet?" She then smacked Celeste a few times, "Celeste-dono!"

"Here, give her this." Wes said, slotting in a chip, "She has her own healing abilities, so I'm only sending the lesser of the two recovery chips. This will make sure her injuries don't get too far along, though."

"Okay... I guess that will work." Channelling the healing power into the tails, Junior pointed them at his aunt, letting them brush against her gently and transfer the energy. He then aimed them at the assaultant again, "I'm offering to let you go, so don't just attack my family like that, got it?" He then shoved the nine fluffly appendages at her again, swirling the coils of fur around once again trying to laugh her into submission. He continued on, still perturbed that Celeste had taken the majority of the damage so far. He failed to pay attention to the rotation of the quills, and soon all nine of them were completely tangled, becoming unusable. Junior dismissed the arm change before speaking to the navi once again, "I'm out of toys, Hammer-san, so if you continue to be hostile, I'm afraid I'll have to start getting out some real weapon. Now please, just give up."

((1.) Recovery30, Celeste
2-6.) Varitail, 10x9 slashing (+15 to first hit, untapped power used), Hammer-san (x5)))
Celeste fell to the ground with a mighty crack, the hammer of the enemy hitting her squarely in the arm and severely injuring it and her side. She lay on the ground for a moment, agonizing over the pain, when she felt her arm begin to mend itself. Squinting through the pain, she realized it was Junior healing her.

"Thank you..." she said through clenched teeth. "Allow me to return the favor..." She stood and took a few quick hops away from the hammer wielding foe, releasing healing energies throughout her body as she did. She directed some of the spare energy slowly into her palms, ans shot a powerful white light at Junior. It exploded, sending a healing glow cascading down his body and her own.

"Alright Celeste. Areagrab and counter her!" Leon slotted in the two chips, waiting for Celeste to act.

I'm not ending up next to her with no retreat. Celeste ran towards the foe, building up speed and heat as she did so. When she was within range, she unleashed a hellfire around her, burning a ring around herself. Not wasting any time, she used the areagrab to teleport away from the foe and a decent distance behind Junior.

"Uh, you got the order wrong there bud."
"Did I? Oops. I forgot I don't like getting broken in half with hammers."

-----------------
P:Meditatio
1-2. Heal Bomb. 45 Junior, 30 Celeste. -15 Celeste.
3. Fireburn1. 70 Fire.
4. Areagrab away form foe.
Junior and Celeste managed to get their healing off, before the assassin made somewhat of a snaring noise. Somewhere along the lines, the Assassin managed to maneuver herself so that she was facing Junior and Celeste. "Just shut up and die!" she shouted, as her hand morphed into the barrel of some sort of firearm. She instantly fired it at Junior, who could do little at the range he was, and Celeste managed to avoid the splash with the areagrab, after the assassin was burned somewhat. "Don't think you can get away b****!" She said, as some sort of electrical whip burst from her palm, and grabbed hold of Celeste's left leg. The currents went coursing trough the body.

Undernet Assassin: 170

Junior: 70
Celeste: 55(stunX2)
Junior took the blast, grunting a little but trying to remain strong. He took a moment to recover his footing before facing the assassin again, looking up as the girl mercilessly chased down his aunt, calling her a foul name before whipping her with an electric weapon. So that was her element then? Junior had been trying to be nice and hold back any anger, but now his rage exploded, "So, not only do you attack us because we're Requiem, talk down to us, attack what precious family I have left and call her a bitch, now you're also going to reveal that you're a female, elec element, hammer user? That's it! You're obviously not here for an attack on Requiem, you're here as a personal mockery of my noble family! Now let me show you the true power of what you mock!" His charm hammer grew into the large, electrically charged weapon once again. He pointed it menacingly at his foe, yelling out, "Let's go! We'll see if you can match my power!" He dashed at her, his hammer raised high. He brought it down in a move meant to snap the assassin's own weapon. He then swung it three more times feircely, trying to overwhelm her. However, now Junior would need chips to finish the job, "Wes, send me weapons. No wood elements. I don't need a handicap to finish this."

"Far enough... just be careful." Wes said, complying with the request, "Don't let your anger blind you, as cliche as that advice is."

Reviewing the data sent, Junior prepared to strike, "Yes... this will work nicely." He pointed his palms forward, two cursors beginning to trail the enemy. He watched carefully, waiting for the marks and the girl to align, then released both blasts. He then materialized three needles, which he held in between his fingers. Not wanting to let up, he whipped the trio at the assassin just seconds after his previous attack. Now to finish things and provide a bit of cover for his true goal. Junior held a small orb in his hand. He threw it at the assassin, making a small blast and whipping up a bit of smoke, "A bit of cover... just what I need." Junior immediately turned around and raced at Celeste. He gathered energy as he did, concentrating it in his hand. As he reached her, he extended his hand and touched her lightly on the forehead, sending some healing power her way, "Celeste-dono, you really can't be so foolish. Last time you sent me more energy than my system could contain. While I appreciate the concern, she seems to be hitting you harder so you should save most of your energy to heal yourself, okay? You're the only family I have left, so I don't want to lose you." Junior said, gently but firmly. He almost completely ignored the other girl, certain that if she had somehow managed to survive, she certainly wouldn't have any fight left in her.

((1.) Mjolnir Jr's Revenge, 20x4 Elec (break to first hit), Hammer-san
2.) Markcannon1, 70+15+lock on, Hammer-san, (untapped power used)
3.) Markcannon1, 70+lock on, Hammer-san
4.) Aquaneedle, 20x3 Aqua, Hammer-san
5.) Lilbomb, 50+blast2, Hammer-san
6.) Recovery80, Celeste))
Celeste screamed as the whip wrapped around her leg, sending a painful and paralyzing jolt of energy through her body. She collapsed to the ground after it, gasping for breath.

"Celeste! Get a hold of yourself! Get up!" Leon was starting to get worried. Another hit like that and Celeste is toast... He slotted in two of his remaining chips, while hoping that Celeste would be able to steady herself long enough to use them.
"Leon... I can't take much more of this. We've gotta end it here."
"I know Celeste. You can do it! Take her out!"
Leon looked over the battle, something just now striking him as deja vu.

Celeste slowly rose as Junior began his assault on the assassin. She wasn't able to understand what he said, her head still cloudy from the shock, be she could tell that he was clearly angry beyond words. She watched as his hammer grew into a replica of what she knew to be Ayumi's, when she too got an odd sense of deja vu. She shook it off as an after effect of the attack, and quickly pulled a shotgun with a bubble wand scope out of the air.

Celeste aimed the weapons at the assassin, glaring with unbound anger as she did. "It's about time this was ended. Get the hell away from my family, you whore." Celeste fired the make shift weapon, firing it just as Junior had tossed a smoke bomb down in the way.

Celeste was relieved when Junior came to heal her, but at the same time was concerned that he had left himself wide open for attack. "I appreciate the concern, Junior-kun... but we're not out of the woods yet... not until we see her..."

------
1-2. Stunned!
3. Bubbler 50 Aqua
4. Shotgun 50
The assassin just sneered at what Junior was saying, and began to laugh coldly. "Just shut it you cockroach." She took her mighty hammer, and ended up slamming it into Junior's blows, matching them blow for blow. The assassin just shrugged off the markcannon blasts like they were nothing, deflected the needles away from her and sent the lilbomb right back into the air with a swing of the hammer. Celeste managed to nail her in the back with her attacks, but things went completely down hill for Celeste after that.

The attacks of Celeste managed to disorientate the assassin long enough for Junior to get over and heal her. It took a bit longer then the assassin expected to get her thoughts back together, and she turned to face the two, and with a quick and sudden dash, she closed the distance between them. Her hammer was spinning in her hand, similar to how one twirls a baton, and with a cold smile the hammer head slams into Celeste's face. The force of the blow ended up causing Junior to move back, and that was not all that happened. The hammer stayed in place in the air, and Celeste began to fall back. What appeared to be a black liquid all over her face started to be absorbed into her body. Whatever it was, it could not be good. Celeste fell to the ground, and appeared to be unmoving... Could she have been? Before any speculation could be made, the assassin quickly rammed the pole end of the hammer into Junior's gut, and then quickly brought it up to slam into the bottom of his chin. The force caused Junior to fall backwards onto the ground.

The assassin had Junior on the ground, the hammer head high in the air, and ready to be brought down to finish off Junior. In a matter of moments, she brought the hammer down upon Junior, and ended the battle...

Or it would have been ended if the blow did not connect to the ground next to Junior's head. The Assassin, with much more anger showing on her face, brought the hammer back up into the air, and swung it back down with the same fore, only for the same thing to happen. She leans down and grabs Junior by the neck, and lifts him up into the air. "Why the hell can't I even bring myself to deal a finishing blow to you!" she yelled.

Battle end?

Rewards: 1400 zenny each
"Celeste-dono!" Junior cried as his aunt was struck done. He didn't have long to worry, he himself being captured a moment later. He eyed the attacker coldly, "Damn it... I held back way too much. I should have used the Wood chips when I had the chance.

From his post in Scilabs, Wes silently but reluctantly agreed. He went way too easy in the beginning and then acted too macho, neglecting defense and weaknesses. As the navi tried killing Junior, to no avail, Wes fingered the Escape sub chip. They couldn't leave their partners behind, so all that was stopping him from slamming it in was his concern for Celeste. What would Leon do?
Leon watched helplessly and seemingly in slow motion as the assassin dealt Celeste a wicked blow. "Celeste! he cried out, jumping to his feet and tossing his battlechips all over the ground as he did. While he saw the black liquid absorb into her, he was far too frantic to realize it.

In a rush Leon brought up the PET and Navi status pages, alarms and whistles he had programmed into the diagnostic tools going off like it was Armageddon. He looked over the vitals, and it was clear: Celeste was disabled with that single blow.

Not content to just let her sit there, he tried to jack her out but to no avail. "Celeste! Can you hear me? Celeste!" No response. Celeste lay motionless on the ground.

That's when Leon spotted it; the dark liquid spreading throughout her body, leaving odd designs all over it. Tho-those markings... they're just like... It suddenly hit him like a ton of bricks, the reason for his deja vu earlier. The only possible explanation as to why this mysterious navi looked the way she did.

Leon opened a video screen above the ailing Celeste, still trying to counteract the effects of the attack enough to jack her out. He looked with both intense sadness and happiness at the assassin. "I finally figured it out... I know who you are, assassin." He paused and sat down, taking a breath at the same time. "You're the daughter of Ayumi and Soulman, aren't you." He looked down and to the side, averting his gaze from her. "That's the only explanation for why you look the way you do and why you can do what you just did. Ayumi could do the same things..."

He turned to face Junior. "Junior, whatever you do, don't kill her. She's your sister! " He turned back to the assassin once again. "You're the daughter of my navi Ayumi... Miyu."

He turned to Wes in the real world, giving him an unsure glance. "I'm sorry for all this..."
"Miyu... chan?" Junior said, questionly. He wasn't quite sure whether to believe whether this was his sister or not, especially as she continued to pose a deadly threat, "That would explain why I though she was mocking my mother but... I find it hard to believe that Miyu-chan is alive or that she would ever be so violent and cruel."

Wes didn't know what to think. He had never met Miyu, so he had no clue what she was like. However, he realized that a lot could change in a matter of years. Assuming the girl didn't have amnesia, her response to Leon's accusations should prove enlightening.

"You... you were my mother's netop..? And he's Junior..?" Miyu said confused. "But... why... why didn't you come after me!?" she screamed, angry at Leon and her parents for abandoning her. "You just left me there, you didn't even try to save me!"
Leon shook his head. "No... we tried..." He looked pained as he began to recall the tale of that terrible day.

"When you and Junior were babies, you liked to explore the net. A little too much, in fact. Wes, your parents, and I all decided it would be in your safety's interest if we were to install a firewall and gateway, which would only allow Soulman and Ayumi to enter and exit our homepages, as well as leave with you two. So I set out to design such a program, and a couple weeks later I had finished the prototype. We tested it for another week, making sure it behaved as intended, and all seemed well.

A year or so later, the unthinkable happened. You and Junior somehow managed to break through. Looking back, it's probably due to the corruption you carry with you manifesting itself and breaking the lock. In any case, you and Junior were able to stumble out into the net.

By the time Soulman and Ayumi got back to the homepage, you two were long gone. Luckily, one of you had been eating animal crackers, and left a nice trail for them to follow. And so they did. They caught up to you two as you neared a locked hyperlink. They were at first relieved, until someone unlocked it and sprang out. It was some denizen of the Undernet who had been hired by an old enemy of ours to take Soulman and Ayumi out. So, being the coward he was, he kidnapped you two and fled through the link, not locking it so we were sure to follow.

They warped through, and were ambushed after chasing you and your kidnapper for a short distance. Ayumi and Soulman managed to take out the ambush, but not before taking a good amount of damage... and still having to face off with the leader, things didn't look good.

Instead of fight him face on, they decided to try to get you back and flee. So Soulman acted as bait while Ayumi tried to recover you two. She managed to get Junior, and as soon as Wes could he recalled him. That's when things took a turn for the worse.

After the bandit noticed his hostage was gone, he used a powerful attack and really let Soulman have it. He was so out of it after the attack all he could do was watch in a daze. Ayumi was the bandits next target, and although she was quick, he was quicker. Just as she was about to retrieve you so I could recall you... he... he killed her. He stabbed her straight through the chest with a powerful PA.

Soulman had just finished coming to and realized what had just happened. Already critical, he could barely move let alone put up a fight. He crawled towards you and Ayumi as she lay fading, and watched helplessly as the thief laughed at his triumph. That's when HE appeared from the shadows, congratulating the bandit on his job and saying it was over, to bring the kid and let your fallen parents remember the day. They turned and began to walk away...

Ayumi had other plans though. Determined to not let herself die in vain, and to not let the bandits get away with you, she used what strength she had left and fused herself permanently with Soulman. Soulman... he didn't want her to... but Ayumi wouldn't listen. She absorbed herself into Soulman, and recovered him enough so that he could battle a bit more. He made a last ditch charge to get you, having exhausted all our chips already, only to be beaten back by that damned man using chips we'd never seen before... Soulman lay on the ground again, both Ayumi's and his hearts aching as one as they couldn't save you..."

((Subject to minor alterations as Wes and I see fit.))
Junior remained silently, though he seemed to look away from everyone as much as he could, avoiding eye contact. Not that Wes blamed him. He realized that those events weren't memories he liked to think about.
Miyu gasped in disbelief. How could he know so much about me... It has to be a trick!

"Lies! All of it! You Neo-Requiem idiots don't have any respect for my family, do you!?" She slammed the hammer down again in between Junior's legs with angry tears and clench teeth. "Don't talk like you know them! You don't! My parents were fools for thinking that they could make a difference! Look where it got them! They're all dead. Even my brother..."

She angrily pulled up her right pant leg, revealing an ankle bracelet with in the shape of Soulman's navi symbol. She also revealed her navi symbol, a tattoo on the back of her leg that looked like a bunch of tendrils forming what looked like a hammer.

"This charm and this tattoo are all that remain of my family. Don't you dare insult me by trying to tell me that this cockroach is my brother."
Junior winced as the hammer came close to breaking not only his legs, but also close to smashing his crotch as well. The grip she had in him was uncomfortable, plus by holding him by the neck his movement was severally limited. However, he still attempted to take a swing at the girl as she criticized his parents, his fist coming close enough to her face that his charm brushed her nose. Realizing that in his current postion, she was out of his reach, he held his fist out in front of him angrily, "This can't be Miyu-chan! She'd never slander her own family! My parents gave everything to protect their children, so I won't let her call them foolish! And I won't let her criticize Requiem, my parents' legacy!"
Leon shook his head sadly. "Sorry Junior... I know you don't like recalling the past..."

He looked on, really not having anything else to say in this situation. He tried once again to jack out Celeste, to no avail. Damnit... that corruption is keeping me from jacking her out. What did she do to Celeste... He fiddled with his PET some more, trying to counter the dark liquid but to little avail...
Miyu looked over Junior's navi symbol and his hammer charm. That... that looks like dad and mom's symbols... She grabbed the hammer and absorbed it back into herself, quickly stepping on top of Junior and wrenching his arm so she could compare his charm with hers.

Lining them up to each other... they fit together to form one charm.

Miyu fell back onto her butt, breaking the complete charm back into the two pieces. She covered her mouth with both hands and gasped as if she just received either the best or worst news of her life. "It can't be..." she said in disbelief. "It's... it's really you, Junior..." She lowered her head towards the netscape, tears streaming down her face and landing on the floor. She lunged at Junior and threw her arms around him crying into his shoulder, her wings coming down around her sides almost as if to protect her from something.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't know... I thought you were-" she choked out, interrupted by sobs and gasps for breath. "And... that means..." she looked over to Celeste, who lay motionless on the ground, the dark markings covering more of her body with each passing moment. "I'm sorry..." she said, as she touched Celeste's forehead and brought back as much of the darkness as she could and stopping it's spread. "I can't do any more... but... you should be able ot jack her out at least..."

She turned and walked a bit away form Junior and Celeste. "I'm sorry Leon... I- I didn't know... I want to make it up to you and Junior somehow..."

That's when she spun around and looked quite seriously at Leon. "I know. I'll be your navi for now, until Celeste is recovered. Just tell me when you're ready to go, and I'll load myself into your PET..."
Junior sighed and used the arm that arm that his sister had not almost twisted off to return the hug, "There's the sweet Miyu-chan I used to know." He watched her heal his aunt and then stood up, his right arm hanging weakly at his side, "I've taken a bit too much damage to remain here much longer... Miyu-chan, when you transfer over to.... that PET, be sure to take Celeste-dono with you. That guy should be able to keep her stored away until a solution can be reached."

"Hey, Junior, I'm guessing you want to be the last one to leave, just in case something happens. I'm heading to the shop again so just return when you're finished, okay?" Wes said, finally venturing to speak. Junior nodded and then Wes took his leave.