Family Busting (MODLOCKED BY MEDIC)

"Well shit... females, Junior's only weakness. He always half asses it when he's fighting a girl. I need to act quickly..." Wes muttered. He slotted in a chip, "I better manuelly control this one...." THe bundle of bamboo shot up once again, right in front of Junior. One of the reeds flew right in front of his face, knocking his glasses off, which then fell into the summon. The wood ally then darted off, charging the DBLCubes, which it then thrust a shaft of bamboo in between the two bricks, shaking it around a bit to try and smack them both, "Opps! Sorry about that Junior. In any case, Celeste seems to be attacking from the rear, so just aim at the enemies furthurest from the Windbox so you don't hit her with your attacks, okay?"

"I think I can kind of see her.... yeah, I should be able to angle my shots to miss her pretty easily." Junior said, "Though, I'll need my glasses back, so try and watch where they got to."

"Okay~! Sending MistConv, Boomerrang1, Markcannon1, Markcannon1, Guard2." Wes said.

"Okay... so that one thing on the very end is the last cube, right?" Junior asked.

"Yup." Wes confirmed.

"Okay, thanks." Junior summoned up a misty hand which began to move into position next to the DBLCube. It then outstretched its grip and attempted to smash the electricity filled box within its mighty fist. Now that was simple, since that attack mostly used itself. The next would be a bit trickier.... He materialized a boomerrang and held it in front of him uncertainly, "So.... Celeste-dono is all the way over there and the other things in the distance are viruses?"

"Yeah. So if you angle the shot to the left, you should miss your aunt completely and take out a few viruses. Good luck." Wes said.

"Okay... I can do this.... I think." Junior hopped to the right, then swung his upper body to the left, releasing the weapon and sending it flying off. The way he moved, the boomerrang should travel to the left and fly in the complete opposite direction of his precious family member. Junior sighed to calm his nerves. He had gotten past the hard part of this assault. Now it'd get easier. A large, green cannon with a scope formed over each of his hands. Putting Celeste in the weapon system's friendly file, he aimed each blaster at the enemy ranks. He waited for them to unload their fire onto any enemies it managed to detect. Then, once they disappeared, which either meant that they had fired or that no threats were detected, Junior crotched down and put up a large red shield. Though a bit worried about his aunt, he called out, "Celeste-dono, are you doing okay over there? My vision is a bit impaired so I'm not one hundred percent sure what's going on..."

((1.) Sidebamboo1, 80 Wood piercing, DBLCubeB/C
2.) MistConv, 100 Aqua, DBLCubeA
3.) Boomerrang1, Champuc/Starfish group
4.) Markcannon1, 70+lock on, whatever's still hostile
5.) Markcannon1, 70+lock on, whatever's still hostile
6.) Guard2, reflects up to 120))
DBLCUBEA: dead
DBLCUBEB: dead
DBLCUBEC: dead
Windbox: dead
ChampuA: dead
ChampuB: dead
ChampuC: dead
StarfishA: dead
StarfishB: dead
StarfishC: 60HP
StarfishD: 60HP

Terrain: all metal.

Junior: 120
Celeste: 140

Celeste's attacks managed to leave dents in the sexy forces of the viruses, taking out the windbox and two of the DBLcubes. One of the Champus managed to teleport in, and smacked Celeste with an attack before being taken out by the bubbler. Unfortunately for her, the second champu she was hoping to take out was not near the first one when the bubbler hit. Junior started his low vision assault on the sexy horde. The sidebamboo took out the last cube, and his next attack hit the air. He threw his boomerang, and managed to hit some of his foes. His markcannons took out two more of the horde, leaving only fishes left. Junior put up a guard, when a bubble almost collided with him, but missing by about an inch. Celeste managed to not get hit by the last Starfish, and it was now 2 on 2.
"Junior, heads up. Sending Areagrab. Don't worry, I'll control its path for you. Just use your hammer technique and then use this." wes instructed, "Sending Aquasword."

"Okay..." Junior said, uncertainly. He felt odd for a moment and was surrounded in darkness. A second later he felt his feet touch ground again and in front of him he saw two ugly looking blobs. He was guessing they were his targets. Well then, he better get started crushing them. The charm hanging from his bracelet began to grow, transforming itself into a large battle hammer. He swung it above his head and held it high. He then brought it slamming down with a mighty crash! He then swung it to the side before drawing it up again and swining it back down. Just to be sure, he twist the handle and spun the weapon back towards his first target. The whole object then shrunk back into its miniture form.

Wes nodded his approval. With a weakness to elec, combined with the effects of a metal panel, each individual hit did 80 damage total. As long as only half Junior's strikes landed, the battle would end. It was a perfcet strategy. Now if Junior simply mopped things up they would be fine.

Junior's arm shifted into a long, edged extension of water. Without his glasses, he could not tell whether the fish were dead but he did remember where he had sensed them earlier. He swung madly... one... two... three... four times in front of him. That would assure his victory. Of course, if these were the only things left, he didn't leave Celeste with much to do. That wasn't very considerate of him. Maybe he could ask her for a favor, "Um... Celeste-dono? Did you see where I dropped my glasses at? Sorry for asking and if its too much trouble, Wes can help me find them later."

((1.) Areagrab behind Starfish
2.) Mjolnir Jr's Revenge, 20x2 Elec (break to second hit) StarfishC, 20x2 Elec StarfishD
3.) Aquasword, 80 Aqua, whatever is left
4.) Aquasword, 80 Aqua, whatever is left
5.) Aquasword, 80 Aqua, whatever is left
6.) Aquasword, 80 Aqua, whatever is left))
"Hey Celeste, use your Holy Light attack and help finish them off. Be casreful to not hit junior though."

"Alright."
Celeste chanted a bit and clasped her hands together, channeling the energies throughout her body into her palms. When she had collected enough, she separated her palms and pointed one at each of the two remaining enemies. Expelling the energies out of her hands, she sent a powerful blast of energy at both of the remaining virii.

This battle has drained me pretty badly... Celeste hopped back and moved so that she could clearly see Junior. "Junior! I don't know if you need it, but here!" Celeste focused her energies once again, summoning a healing power from deep within herself. It exploded forth in a dazzling white light, healing herself and Junior in the process.

Celeste fell to her knees. Man... this battle could've gone better. We took a couple too many hits, if you ask me...

-------------
Meditatio: Regen 1
1. Holy Light. 30 @ Starfish C/D. -15 hp to self.
2-3. Heal Bomb. 45 Heal on self, 30 on Junior. -15 HP to self.
4. Take time to recover.
The pairs overkill and heals work like a charm, the last two enemies getting diced and fried like a pack of chips.

DBLCUBEA: dead
DBLCUBEB: dead
DBLCUBEC: dead
Windbox: dead
ChampuA: dead
ChampuB: dead
ChampuC: dead
StarfishA: dead
StarfishB: dead
StarfishC: dead
StarfishD: dead

Terrain: all metal.

Celeste: 160

VICTORY!

Rewards: 700z each

FXP: 2 for virii, +2 for char interaction
"Did something hit me...? But I don't feel hurt." Junior pondered aloud after the white light struck him.

"I think Celeste healed you." Wes said.

"Was I hurt...?" Junior pondered how bad his eye sight really was.

"It's the thought that counts.... now go grab your glasses, okay?" Wes ordered. He then guided Junior so that his navi could locate the specs in his condition. Junior picked them up and put them back on his face where they belonged.

"Thanks, Celeste-dono. I wasn't really sure what was going on so your help was greatly needed." Junior said with a smile, "Though you look a bit wearied. You want to take a moment to rest before heading off again?"
Celeste let out a sigh of relief as Junior searched for his glasses. "So Leon... how much do you know about Junior and this Majin fellow?"
Leon rubbed his chin. "Not much really... I know that Junior is the son of Ayumi and Soulman... and that Soulman was the navi of the leader of the original Requiem, a good personal friend of mine to boot." Leon lowered his gaze, and sighed. "He was also a pretty good judge of character and the caretaker of Junior after Ayumi was killed. So, for 'Majin-sensei' and Senior to trust this Majin with Junior, he must be a trustworthy and intelligent kid. But beyond that, I don't really know too much about him."
"Oh... yet you trust him"
"Of course. As I said, Wes was a good judge of character and this kid must've proved his abilities and character countless times to be given Junior as his navi."

Celeste realizes that Junior had been looking for his glasses, and upon finding them had turned to speak with her. She quickly fixed her hair, which had been fairly tussled in the fights, and stood. "No, I'm fine. Don't worry about me, I can keep up for a while yet..." and if I was a little faster and stronger, I'd be able to keep up no problem. "I'll follow your lead, Junior-kun."

[Battle 4]
The two are surrounded by viruses on all fronts.

ElecogreA: 120 HP
MarkcannonA: 60 HP
MarkcannonB: 60 HP
ElecogreB: 120 HP
ChampuA: 60HP
ChampuB: 60HP
ElecogreC: 120 HP
KabutankA: 80HP
KabutankB: 80HP
ElecogreD: 120 HP
KabutankC: 80HP
MarkcannonC: 60 HP

Terrain: Normal

Battle four
"Wow... this is quite a crowd. We'll have to play it smart on this one. Junior! Stun them first and then we'll use chips to blaze through them." Wes said, "Sending Boomerrang1, Markcannon1, Guard1, Guard2! Play it smart this round, then next round we obliterate them, got it?"

"Okay. I'll start off with a Sexy Wink then..." Junior placed a hand on his glasses and another on his head. He pulled off the shades to reveal his eyes and, as he dramatically flung back his hair in an attractive fashion, released a wink that sent out waves of paralyzing power at the ogres. They should be easy prey now. As he put his glasses back on, he knew it was time to capitalize on the situation. Materializing the now familiar long, wooden weapon, Junior stared at each ogre one by one. He wasn't sure if he could aim well enough to take them all out in one go, but he certainly was going to try. As per his routine, Junior spun around once to help the boomerrang gain some momentum before he threw it, and then released the weapon, sending it twirling above the net's floor in a deadly parabola encompensing the enemy ranks. This would clear some space nicely. Though perhaps he could clear a bit more. His hands began to glow as they had countless times before. Of all the techniques that had been passed down to him, this was, so far, his favorite. As his power finished charging, he picked out two markcannons as targets for his technique. Once he had them both in sight, he aimed a hand at each of them and fired a laser from both hands, each one slicing through the air at its respective target. As the attack wrapped up, Junior took a deep breath and lowered his hands. He had one more shot before he'd need to prepare for a counterattack. He projected a cross hair from his palm, which he used to trace a line towards one of the advancing tanks. He'd smash the thing with his next move before it could make an offensive move. As the chip data flowed into his hand, he gathered a bit of hidden strength as he prepared to fire. Rechecking his aim one last time, he fired the destructive energy before taking a step back. He needed to prepare a defense. Wes had sent him two shields. But why? It didn't take long for it to hit him. He had realized in advance that once again he'd do all he could to defend the last of his family. Knowing that the two of them hiding behind one shield would decrease the amount of targets from two to one, he knew that Junior would need extra protection to avoid getting torn up himself. Silenting thanking Wes for his forethought, he summoned up the two shields. First a red metal wall appeared before him and a yellow, weaker layer formed over that. Preparations were complete, "Hey, Celeste-dono, Wes gave me two defenses. Feel free to hide behind them with me." Now to see the results of their efforts before making another move.

((1.) Sexy Wink, stun, ElecogreA/B/C/D
2.) Boomerrang1, 60 Wood, mostly aiming for the ogres
3.) Soul Finger Shot, 60, MarkcannonA/B (or C if one of them is already dead)
4.) Markcannon1, 70+lock on+15, KabutankA (untapped power used)
5.) Guard1, reflects up to 60
6.) Guard2, reflects up to 120))
Celeste blinked wide-eyed. This probably isn't a good position to be in...

"Hey Celeste..." Leon started, sounding somewhat concerned, "it was nice knowing you."

Her jaw dropped to the floor as she spun around to speak with Leon. "What!? How dare you! What happened to yo-"

"Relax, I was just kidding."
Leon shook his head and took a deep breath. I've got to remember to give my navi's more of a sense of humor. Good grief. "ANYWAYS spazzo, here's your chips. Bubbler, for our fiery fisting foes. Flameline, for ugly, the tank, and the shooter near each other. Shotgun, for the ugly one and its tank friend, since I really doubt one flameline will finish them. Got it?"

"Yeah... that wasn't funny you know."
"You just have no sense of humor."

Celeste squinted angrily at Leon. You're the one with no sense of humor. I'm giving you a HUGE piece of my mind once we're done busting with Junior! She turned back to the task at hand, and began her assault on the virii.

Reaching into her robes and pulling out a bubble wand, Celeste spun around and onto her knee. She aimed through the wand at the Champus, being sure to get them in her sight. She released the energy in the wand, sending the bubbler's attack hurtling through the battlefield at them, wishing they would cool off.

The wand fading after it's attack released, Celeste dropped it on the ground and spun once again, bringing her hand above her head palm face up. She faced the tall and ugly virus, planning to fry it and its companions. With a clench of her fist, a mighty pillar of flame erupted from the ground, hurrying towards its targets in a deadly rage. The trail of smoke, debris and destruction it left was quite impressive, as usual. Celeste wasted no time. She plucked a shotgun from the air, taking aim at where the Elecogre had been, and fired. Hopefully it would hit bot the Ogre and the tank. Since they seemed to be such good friend, they should go out together, right?

It was then that Celeste heard Junior call to her. She looked over while he was talking, and saw the defenses begin to take shape. She ran over and took shelter behind them, placing her back towards Junior's so that she could keep an eye on the rear and make sure no one could sneak up.

"Thanks Junior-kun. Good thing you and your operator have so many defensive chips, or we might be in a lot worse shape."

------------
Regen from Meditatio: 20
1. Bubbler 50 Aqua @ Champu A/B
2. Flameline1 70 Fire @ ElecOgreD, KabutankC, MarkcannonC.
3. Shotgun 50 @ ElecOgreD / KabutankC
4. Dodge/get behind Jr's Guard/ Protect Jr from back attack
Junior's wink somehow affected the ogres with the power of sexy, and his Boomerang managed to hit atleast one ogre, and a Markcannon somehow. His fingers managed to take out more of the viruses, and he started to go on the defensive. Celeste started her attacks as well, with the bubbler taking out the champus more effective this round. However, when she used the fireline on the viruses, a markcannon managed to get a hit off on her and a kabutank almost landed a shot. She got the fireline and shotgun combo off, taking out more of the viruses and her regenatory powers managed to bring herself back up close to full. She got behind Junior, and the last tank fired a bomb at him, which was sent back at itself.

ElecogreA: dead
MarkcannonA: fingered?
MarkcannonB: dead
ElecogreB: 120 HP(stun)
ChampuA: wet
ChampuB: wet
ElecogreC: 120 HP(stun)
KabutankA: Dead
KabutankB: 60HP
ElecogreD: dead
KabutankC: gone
MarkcannonC: Managed to die

Terrain: Normal

Junior: 120(Guard2)
Celeste: 155(Is behind Junior)
"So I guess the Boomerrang didn't do quite as well as we were hoping.... oh well. I guess now we just clean up the ones that didn't die. Junior, try to pull these next strikes off without losing your sheild. Celeste, I advise just peeking out from behind Junior and using projectiles this round. No use getting careless at the last minute." Wes commanded. He then picked out a handful of chips and slotted them in, announcing their transfer, "Sending Firehit1, Cornshot1, SideBamboo1, Aquaneedle1."

"Geez, you made the first attack a bit tricky. I guess I can figure something out, though." Junior grasped the shield with one hand as the other glowed red. He then swung the shield up, giving him a momentary view of his enemies. In that brief moment of time, he took a swing at one, launching a firey fist-like projectile at the weak looking tank before replacing the guard in front of him. That was one attack down. Now for another. Two kernals appeared outside Junior's defense. Using his memory from seconds before to recall the ogres' position, he launched both seeds off, hoping that at the very least their buttery explosions would graze the two enemies. Now to send forth his next chip....

"Junior, let me handle this next strike. Its a summon, so I'll direct it." Wes said. Junior nodded and a patch of bamboo appeared beside him. Popping up a hologram and running his fingers over it, Wes moved the data forward, zig zagging over to the enemy lines. Getting it in place, he then presses a button on the screen, causing the reeds to suddenly thrust one sharp, pointy lance out of itself in a movement intended to end both Elecogres. Wes dismissed the hologram and then said, "Okay, Junior. That should be everything. If there are any survivors, cut them down with the needles.

"Got it." Junior peeked out from the edge of his shield, looking for targets. Three needles poked themselves out of the guard, an especially large one in the middle. Junior picked some areas to target, then fired off all three needles, attempting to end the battle. He then ducked back behind the wall again and said to his partner, "So, Celeste-dono, can you manage to attack from back here? I can move around a bit if I'm in your line of fire." He awaited her response, prepared to move as she directed.

((1.) Firehit1, 60 Heat, KabutankB
2.) Cornshot1, 50 Wood, ElecogreB/C
3.) SideBamboo1, 80 Wood Piercing up to two targets, ElecogreB/C
4.) Aquaneedle1, 20x3 Aqua (+15 to one needle, untapped power used), hits divided among whater's left
5.) Steady Guard))
6.) Manuever self as required by Celeste))
Celeste panted behind Jr's cover, holding her side where the markcannon managed to hit her. She cringed as she focused her energies and sent the restorative data into her wound, repairing the damage it had caused.

Celeste heard Majin's advice. Stay behind Jr, got it... No sooner had she heard the advice had Jr' begun his assault, lifting the shield and launching a fiery wave of hurt at the enemy.

"Guess you should join the fun too," Leon interjected. She slotted in two of his remaining chips. "Well, since you can't really move in to attack, that pretty well limits us to these two attacks. Be careful with aiming them, Celeste."

"Yeah..."
Celeste meekly popped her head around the corner of the shield, spying the virus that the flaming knuckle was heading towards. She pictured it in her mind clearly, and hummed a short song, fully spinning so that one hand was pointing at the virus. She sent a powerful shot of energy coursing through her arm and out her palm in a yellow blast, quickly followed by two more white blasts aimed at each of the Ogres.

Feeling the effects of her attacks and the damage she had taken, she took a moment to get behind Jr again, taking a deep breath. How pitiful. If it wasn't for Junior, I'd probably have been deleted a few battles ago. She shook off the thought, realizing it was hindering her abilities. I can't think like that. I have a run to finish, then I can be emo. She composed herself for the moment, and went to the other side to get an opening. She aimed at one of the ogres, and sent a final blast of energy flying out of her palm.

She spoke aloud to Jr and Majin, hoping that they were paying attention. "I hope that finishes them... I don't think we have any more ranged chips..."

-----------
P:Meditatio
1. Peek around Jr
2. Thunder1, 40 Elec + Stun, Kabutank.
3. Holy Light. 30 @ Ogre B/C
4. Cannon, 40, ElecogreB.
Finally, by using Junior as the human shield and Celeste using her ranged chips, the two managed to survive the battle. Thanks to Celeste's silly little ability to regen heath, the party was at full.

However, the two had the strangest feeling. The feeling that there was some dark, powerful foe was watching them from the shadows. The chilly atmosphere created from the feeling sent a shiver up the spines of the two navis.

Rewards: lilBomb, 500 zenny for both
FXP: 3 FXP from viruses, 2 for sharing defenses
"That battle was tricky... Are you feeling okay, Celeste-dono?" Junior asked his aunt.

"Hmmm....Lilbomb... whether to replace the Shotgun or one of the Minibombs with it..." Wes muttered to himself.
Celeste crossed her arms and took a deep breath "I can't help feeling that there's someone watching us..."

Leon raised an eyebrow as he took their new chip out of the PET "I think you're just freaking out because of the last fight. You're fine."

Whatever Leon. As if you can even see or feel anything on the net. Celeste looked grimly at Junior. "I'm ok beyond that... but I really don't like the vibe I'm getting."
Before Soulman and Celeste could catch their breath, their next enemy had appeared before them. A female looking figure wrapped in tattered cloths, perched on top of a Totem, elegant and intimidating. The petite navi had all the makings of an assassin, except for the huge weapon she carried. As tall as she was, a magnificent gold hammerhead resting atop a dulled shaft, easily looking to weigh more than the navi itself. Clearly this was no ordinary navi...
Well. I guess Celeste wasn't full of it. "Sorry Celeste, I guess you were right. I'll remember to trust your intuition on the future."
"Good. Woman's intuition is never wrong."
Celeste turned and faced the newcomer, looking over the shadowy figure. "Oh, honey... Halloween isn't for a while yet. You got all dressed up for nothing."
"Um, Celeste... it might be a better idea to not insult the mysterious and shadowy navi. You know, if you enjoy living and such."
"Oh you worry too much."
Celeste looked over the navi again, trying to size it up. "So Junior, is she a friend of your's? Admirer perhaps?"
"Another admirer would be a real pain..." Wes sighed, "Though forcing Junior to fight a female would be even more of a hassle. Either way, this probably ain't good."

"Another...? In any case, fighting probably isn't the best solution. Excuse me, Hammer-san? Is there something we can help you with?" he asked politely, bowing a bit, "My name is Soulman_Junior.EXE. Would you mind telling me your name as well?"

"Awfully formal... better be ready to move around in case she tries anything." Wes advised. Junior nodded and prepared to dodge if things got hostile.

((1.-6.) Dodges

Medic said he'd do something to negate her hearing the intro, so dont fret about making a plothole, Leon.))
Upon Junior asking if there was anything they could help her with, she let out a bone chilling laugh that caused her to fail hearing Junior's name and all she caught after that was him asking for a name.

Then, the navi spoke. "My name is of no concern to you," she said coldly. "I have been sent by the powers that be to dispose of you, and that is all you need to know." She paused a moment, tilting her head back and licking her lips. She let go of the hammer, it staying upright seemingly of it's own accord. She then folded in half suddenly, demonic looking wings tearing through the cloths wrapped around her waist and a skinny tail with a heard-shaped ending. This revealed her true form, which looked quite a lot like the Corrupted Ayumi of years past with a different bodysuit. She stood back up, and floating slightly into the air grabbed the hammer.

"I hope that you're prepared to meet your end, Neo Requiem scum." She glared menacingly at the two navi's, swooping down from above the totem while simultaneously destroying it with a powerful shot of energy. She pounded her hammer into the ground, sending a shockwave though it that knocked both navi's to the ground, and prepared to for the fight. "Or you could help me by going into a hole and die like the cockroach that you are." She sneered at the two.

Undernet Assassin: 800