SciLab Retrievers!

"Okay...all jacked in!" Tara promptly began looking around. "If I recall correctly, SciLab's viruses are supposed to be a little harder than ACDC's. But they also give out better chips, I think!"

"Only one way to find out, isn't there?"

"Yep!"

"So get to it!"

"You never were one to savor the moment...I mean, this is a pretty technologically advanced area!"

"There'll be plenty of time for that after you take out half a dozen viruses!"

"...You'll never learn..." With a sigh, the cursor Navi began a search for a grouping of enemies.

(looking for battle #1)
MarkCannonA: 60 HP
MarkCannonB: 60 HP
KabutankA: 80 HP
KabutankB: 80 HP
BoomerA: 60 HP

Target.EXE: 140 HP

--FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE!--
"...But I've been wrong before..." Tara sighed, then extended her right hand outwards, which was clenched in a fist. "Brandon, you know the deal! Let's do it!"

"Roger! But what to use..." Brandon thought about it for a moment, then grabbed precisely two chips. "All right, I've got it! Let's go, Tara! Battlechip, Hi-Cannon! Slot in!"

The cursor Navi's arm promptly became blue and cannon shaped. "Guess it'd make sense to take out the one of these with the most vitality. And let's see..." She quickly used her visor to check without disrupting her concentration. "And that would be the...Catack. Better make this one count...there, locked on. Hi-Cannon, fire!" And the virus that used a cannon to attack became the latest target of a certain cannon.

"Okay, let's keep it up! If I recall correctly, Boomer's a Wood-element virus, so let's take advantage of that! Battlechip, HeatShot! Slot in!"

"You sure? Doesn't look very Wood-ish to me..."

"Is it really going to hurt that much to shoot it with it anyway?"

"Fair point..." The blue cannon became a red shotgun, and the fire blast was shot at towards the boomerang wielder. "So, any other chips, or should I get to beaming one of those cannon things to heck?"

"The latter. Since we used Hi-Cannon, it'll take two chips to take a virus down now. At least so long as my PET's not broken. And I don't think it is."

"...Roger!" In a bout of irony, Tara's arm went from red to its natural purple, then was carefully aimed at a MarkCannon. "I guess in a way, there's nothing quite like using your own moves. Snipe Laser, fire!" The narrow beam sailed towards the upgraded cannon. "There, let's hope there's not much left after that!"

"Hey, have I ever steered you wrong during a virus busting before?"

"Yes..."

"..."

[Order of Turn:
1-Hi-Cannon chip attack on KabutankB (80) (Snipe used)
2-HeatShot chip attack on Boomer (40, Fire, possible splash)
3-Snipe Laser sig attack on MarkCannonA (60)]
The Kabutank watched as the one next to him was hit with the HiCannon. Blown to smithereens, the Kabutank launched a enraged counter attack. Which horrible missed Target, by about twenty or thirty feet. The data of the deleted Kabutank began to rain down upon the scorched area, where the Kabutank used to sit.

The Boomer fired off it's boomerang at the right time, for the Heatshot and the boomerang collided into one another. Causing an explosion of large raining fire leaves to fall from the area. The leaves landed and began to scorch the ground as the leaves disentegrated into burning data.

The laser sailed through the MarkCannon, leaving one large clean hole in it. The laser dissipitated soon after leaving the now deleted area the MarkCannon stood. The second MarkCannon took aim, and quickly fired off one shot at Target. It hit him hard, and shocked his systems for a quick moment or two.

MarkCannonA: Deleted
MarkCannonB: 60 HP
KabutankA: 80 HP
KabutankB: Deleted
BoomerA: 60 HP

Target.EXE: 120 HP

Turn1 Ended
-------------
Turn2 Begin
(OOC: Trigger? Wrong Navi there...)

"Bleck, Boomer messed my shot up..." Tara shot it an annoyed look, before focusing her gaze on the MarkCannon. "Brandon, I think it'd be a good idea to take the MarkCannon out next. Have any problems with that?"

"...Nope, can't say I do!" Brandon grabbed another pair of chips, and inserted them both at the same time. "Battlechip, Shotgun! Double slot in!"

The cursor Navi's arm became essentially a blue version of HeatShot, and was then trained on the object of preferred immediate deletion. "Angle, trajectory, and all that good stuff confirmed! Shotgun, fire!" Despite the recoil from the shot, Tara still had what she believed was a good aim on the cannon virus. "And again! Shotgun, fire!" And the process was repeated. "So, what should we do now?"

"We stall for time!" Brandon took out one more chip, fumbling with it slightly, as though he hadn't gotten the hang of taking it out yet. "Just sit back for a little bit! Battlechip, Guard! Slot in!"

A yellow shield with a green cross appeared in front of the Navi, who was a little surprised at the move. Or maybe she just wasn't used to seeing Guard as opposed to shooting something. Who knew?

[Order of Turn:
1-Shotgun chip attack on MarkCannonB (50, possible splash) (Snipe used)
2-Shotgun chip attack on MarkCannonB (50, possible splash)
3-Guard chip attack (???, reflects)]
Target lands some sweet shots, and wipes out a cannon. The bommer makes an attack, but has it sent back via the guard...

MarkCannonA: Deleted
MarkCannonB: DELETED
KabutankA: 30 HP
KabutankB: Deleted
BoomerA: 45 HP

Target.EXE: 120 HP
"...Huh, I guess those things really do work..." Brandon took a couple seconds to absorb that fact before he could even say anything else. "Pretty handy, huh?"

"Yeah, who would've guessed a Mettaur's chip would actually useful?" Tara was significantly less surprised, as she had actually heard of what it did before. "But personally, I'd rather use a chip I can actually aim!"

"And why does that not surprise me? Ah well, here, have some fancy gun chips! Battlechip, Shotgun!" He inserted a chip of a Mettaur getting blasted. "Slot in!"

"That's more like it!" The cursor Navi took a little extra time in her aim, before doing her best imitation of the chip...only with a Boomer.

"And here, this should finish it!" This time, Brandon used two chips with pictures of a Canodumb. "Battlechip, Cannon! Double slot in!"

"Double? It'll only take one, you know..."

"Just making sure we take them down now and not later! Besides, it couldn't hurt!"

"Well, whatever..." Tara fired a single shot at the remaining tank. "There, that should do it..."

[Order of Turn:
1-Shotgun chip attack on Boomer (50, possible splash) (Snipe used)
2-Cannon chip attack on KabutankA (40)
3-Cannon chip attack on KabutankA (40) (if necessary)]
The boomer launched its crescent off as it took the shotgun blast. Unfortunately(for it, anyway), this caused the boomerang to veer off-course, completely missing Target. The tank was too weakened to attack just yet, and finds itself decimated by the cannon shots...

VICTOLY!

GET: 450z
"Well, that wasn't too bad!" Tara immediately got to transferring the remaining data. "No chip data this time, but plenty of cash!"

"Well, that works, too!...And, I got it all! So, you still up for another battle, or should we take a one and done approach to this?" Brandon's finger hovered over the jack out button as he awaited the answer.

"Nah, I didn't much damage from that, and I don't think there'll be THAT big a difference if we go a little deeper. Besides, it's not worth it to jack in for just one battle!"

"Well, if you say so..."

"Don't be such a wimp! I mean, I'm going to be the one taking all the hits, for crying out loud!"

"Well, uh...I'll be receiving metal anguish!"

"...Urgh, you really are hopeless, Brandon..." The cursor hung her head and shook it, before beginning another virus search.

(searching for battle #2)
Tara comes across a new slew of virii!

ElecogreA 120HP
ElecogreB 120HP
WindboxA 100HP
WindboxB 100HP
ChampuA 60HP
ChampuB 60HP
ChampuC 60HP

Target 120HP

BATTLEROUTINE...SET>>>EXECUTE
"Ya know...this might not have been such a great idea after all." The most noteworthy aspect of that sentence was that it was spoken by both operator and Navi simultaneously. "Hey, quit copying me! It's getting annoying! Strawberry banana yogurt!"

It probably speaks for itself, folks.

"...Well, that covers my daily amount of freaked out-ness for today..." Letting out an anime-style sweatdrop, Tara prepared herself for battle. Which consisted of changing her arm into her buster. Some preparations. "Okay, I'll get things started here! Let's see..." One by one, the cursor Navi scanned each type of virus. "Looks like the virus with the least HP is...Champy. Which I can take out in one hit without any chips. Guess I might as well do that and save them for the others!" A narrow laser attack followed, aimed at the final boxing virus.

"What, can't an operator get a word in before you start blasting everything to deletion?!"

"Get your word in quicker next time, I have to worry about not getting deleted!"

"Come on, they aren't THAT quick...but enough about that...here's a chip for ya! Battlechip, Hi-Cannon! Slot in!"

The purple gun became a blue cannon. "I'm so glad you got this thing before we came over here..." A cursor appeared on Tara's visor, which promptly locked onto the Elec element virus. "We have lock-on! Hi-Cannon, fire!" And the powerful blast was emitted. "How about something to finish it off?"

"Gotcha! Here, see if you can hit something else with this, too! Battlechip, HeatShot! Slot in!"

And in a revolving door of colors and shapes, the blue cannon transformed into a red, almost buster-like shape. "Roger that! HeatShot...fire!" Without taking any particularly careful measures, the fire shot was, at the sake of a bad pun, fired.

[Order of Turn:
1-Snipe Laser sig attack on ChampyC (60)
2-Hi-Cannon chip attack on ElecOgreA (80) (Snipe used)
3-HeatShot chip attack on ElecOgreA (40, Fire)]
It would probably had been a better idea to use the snipe on the heatshot, the heatshot almost missing, but connecting with the elecogre. Future note to take: Heatshots are less accurate.

ElecogreA DELETED
ElecogreB 120HP
WindboxA 100HP
WindboxB 100HP
ChampuA 60HP
ChampuB 60HP
ChampuC DELETED

Target 120HP
(OOC: According to the chip list, Hi-Cannon and HeatShot have the same A accuracy...)

"Okay, that's one ElecOgre down! Let's take the other down next!" Without so much as waiting for a response, Brandon inserted two identical chips at once. "Battlechip, Cannon! Double slot in!"

"What, none of your riveting 'during battle lulls commentary'?" Tara shot a sarcastic glance at her operator as her arm obtained a cannon shape. "Well, whatever..." She fired a pair of blasts at the intended target. "Uh, Brandon? You do realize I need three of those things to take something with that many HP, right?"

Brandon was holding a chip high above his head, with his eyes closed, and was silent for a few moments. "......Battlechip, Cannon! Slot in!" In one smooth motion, it found its way into the top of his PET.

"What's up with that? For a moment I was worried you weren't going to do anything else!" Tara's arm went from green cannon to purple buster to green cannon again, but she instead turned over towards her operator's screen.

"Haven't you ever heard of showmanship?!"

"...You know me, Brandon Jetto! I don't like putting on flashy shows, I'm not a man, and I'm definitely not a ship!"

"...Whatever, just take the stupid virus out..."

"Roger that!" A little worried her annoyance might tone down her accuracy a bit, the cursor Navi took the extra step to lock onto the ElecOgre before firing a third, albeit belated, shot at it. "There. Better late than never, I guess..."

[Order of Turn:
1-Cannon chip attack on ElecOgreB (40)
2-Cannon chip attack on ElecOgreB (40)
3-Cannon chip attack on ElecOgreB (40) (Snipe used)]
((*shrug* I treat them as Shotguns, 'cuz they're the fiery version of them.))

The attacks succeed, but there's a catch. Not dodging with multiple viruses around doesn't go well.

ElecogreA DELETED
ElecogreB DELETED
WindboxA 100HP
WindboxB 100HP
ChampuA 60HP
ChampuB 60HP
ChampuC DELETED

Target 80HP
(OOC: And Shotgun also has an accuracy rating of A...)

"Ahh!!" Tara was sent to the floor after receiving a one-two...by Champys one and two, no less. "Ugh...someday I should learn how to dodge..." She stood up, and managed to shake it off. "Don't worry Brandon, I'm fine! Don't do anything you wouldn't normally!"

"I wasn't planning on it. You're not even at half HP yet according to my PET!"

"Well, you didn't have to say it like THAT..."

"Okay, let's work on taking down those stupid boxer things!" Brandon engaged in more slotting in of identical chips. "Battlechip, Shotgun! Double slot in!"

"Double? You mean I only get two shots?"

"Well, with some luck, we'll only need two. Just make sure you don't miss either of them!"

"I'm not a cursor Navi for nothing!" The aforementioned cursor Navi began her routine of locking onto a virus; this time, a Champy. "Okay, locked on! Shotgun, fire!" She then aimed at the other one, though no special measures were taken. "And again!"

"Okay, now for the fun part! Tara, stay where you are!" With a smirk, he placed one completely different chip into the top of his PET. Well, completely different if you didn't count the fact there was a reference to Mettaur in both their pictures. "Battlechip, Guard! Slot in!"

[Order of Turn:
1-Shotgun chip attack on ChampyA (50, possible splash) (Snipe used)
2-Shotgun chip attack on ChampyA (50, possible splash)
3-Guard chip attack (???, Reflects)]
((Which isn't right... <.< That makes it far more powerful than Cannon. I make it hit less because of stupid physics which shouldn't be included in a universe such as this.))

The first attack hits, but the second is blown off guard, the splash from the first hitting the same target as the second' s misdirected attack does.

ElecogreA DELETED
ElecogreB DELETED
WindboxA 100HP
WindboxB DELETED
ChampuA 10HP
ChampuB 60HP
ChampuC DELETED

Target 80HP
(OOC: Hey, I never said the system was perfect, did I?)

"...Huh? It blew away?!" Tara was nothing short of stunned by this development. "...Damn! I can't believe I didn't get the wind trajectory right!"

"Hey, no one's got perfect accuracy! Not even you! No need to beat yourself up over it!" Brandon did his best to console his Navi, but it was obvious to all that he wasn't doing a good job. "Here, I'll send over a-huh? Tara?"

The cursor Navi's hand was clenched in a tight fist, and it was raising. It suddenly dissolved, and became a vigorous point at the viruses. "You! You're the ones that made me make an embarassment of myself!" Her buster replaced her finger at pointing, and the end began to glow. As did the cursor that had appeared on her visor. "For that, you're getting deleted. Now! Snipe...Laser!" The narrow beam emerged, aiming straight for the intact Champy.

"And you...you're no better!" Tara fired a pair of regular shots at the other one. "That's what happens when you cause me to miss an otherwise perfect shot!"

"...I have a scary Navi when she misses..."

[Order of Turn:
1-Snipe Laser sig attack on ChampyB (60) (Snipe used)
2-Uncharged shot on ChampyA (9)
3-Uncharged shot on ChampyA (9)]
The laser, blasts into the Champu, and it falls to the ground. Dematerializing into a mess of data floating into space. While the two uncharged shots just hit the second Champu, destroying that one also. The Windbox begins to blow even more air, trying to desperatly think of a plan.

ElecogreA DELETED
ElecogreB DELETED
WindboxA 100HP
WindboxB DELETED
ChampuA DELETED
ChampuB DELETED
ChampuC DELETED

Target 80HP
"Hmph, that's more like it!" Tara put down her buster, and took a look at the lone remaining virus. "The sweet wind of victory!"

"Yeah, at least we can relax now. A WindBox isn't gonna hurt ya!" Brandon inserted the fina chip he had into his PET; the others had all fallen onto the floor and picked back up at this point. "Battlechip, Shotgun! Slot in!"

The cursor Navi made sure to milk as much accuracy out of the shot as she could, before letting out a single blast. "Too bad that won't cut it. And we're out of chips, and I can't use Snipe Laser for a little while..."

"Well, guess what? That's why you have a buster. It's also why you can charge said buster!"

"Yeah, don't have much choice now, do I?" Unhampered by the wind, the end of the buster began to glow with energy, in preparation for the mighty blast. "Too bad this takes a while..."

"Well, what's the harm at this point? The WindBox is going to give you a bad hair day or something?"

"..."

[Order of Turn:
1-Shotgun chip attack on WindBoxA (50, possible splash) (Snipe used)
2-Charge
3-Charge]
Since the windbox doesn't really move. It just stands in the line of fire. Taking the shotgun blast straight on, the windbox continues to blow more and more wind at Tara. Trying to stop the movement of attacks.

ElecogreA DELETED
ElecogreB DELETED
WindboxA 50HP
WindboxB DELETED
ChampuA DELETED
ChampuB DELETED
ChampuC DELETED

Target 80HP