Difficulter Water

Moving into the Yoka Rogue network, SplashLady found that the waters she was travelling on were getting a lot warmer than normal. It would be pleasant to soak in, but not for now. Now, she had some viruses to deal with. A few puppet-things floated threateningly near her position, and behind them, some Handy were relaxing on a shore.

Handy2A: 120HP [Normal]
Handy2B: 120HP [Normal]
WingerA: 180HP [Onsen]
WingerB: 180HP [Onsen]
WingerC: 180HP [Onsen]

Terrain: 90% Onsen, 10% Normal (Shoreline)

SplashLady.EXE: 350HP [Onsen]

-ROGUE BATTLE THREE, FIGHT!!-
Ugh, Winger. Just looking at them made SplashLady cringe. The Handy2 were probably simple enough, though. But...those Winger...ugh. "This is gonna be a real pain, isn't it...?"

"Yep, sure is...huh?" BEEP BEEP! BEEP BEEP! Ooh, mail. From...the inn?. "SplashLady, I'll be with you in a sec. The inn just sent me an e-mail, and it looks sorta important." And so, Sabrina opened the electronic letter, and began to read it.

----------------------------------
To: Ms. Sabrina Jetto
Subject: New Staff Member

We are pleased to announce to our extended stay guests that we have hired a new chef! Mrs. Josephine Jetto has come all the way from Netopia in order to provide a new, exotic Netopian flavor to our menus. During her stay, she will be learning about Electopian food, and to keep an eye on her daughter, who is already staying with us. We are pleased to introduce you to the newest member of the Yoka Inn family, and we hope you will enjoy her food as much as we already have!

-Kasumi Sakurai
Yoka Inn Head of Staff

----------------------------------

"................."

"...Sabrina? Are you with me?" The mermaid Navi looked back at the mini-floating screen, only to see her operator completely and utterly paralyzed. "...Sabrina?!"

"......I don't believe it..." The Netopian girl looked on at the e-mail, completely and utterly dumbfounded by what she was reading. "...SplashLady, are you good to go?"

"Good to go?! I'm right in front of a virus group! Of course I'm not good to go!"

"Well, I need to head to Yoka, and fast. So do you think you can get far enough to way from them to jack out?"

SplashLady took one more good look at the group. Neither were that fast when it came to raw speed. And she did have a trump card on them; she could swim. Rather well, as a matter of fact. "...I think so. I'll try!" And so, leaping backwards into the water, she started to move through the hot spring, trying to avoid having to spend the time battling those viruses.

[Order of Turn:
1-FLEE
2-FLEE
3-FLEE
4-FLEE
5-FLEE
6-FLEE]
[Flee Successful]
(WOO BATTLE COUNT RESET)

For one more time over the course of the day, a Navi whose name began with 'Splash' arrived in Rogue Yoka. This one, however, was decidedly more masculine. "I'm in! And I'm starting the recording program!"

"Hang on a sec, I-" Oh shoot, red blinking light in the corner of the screen. Too late to do anything beforehand. "...Ahem! Sabrina Jetto, Grade 11. Mr. White's Virus Busting class homework assignment: Perform a chip combination of at least 3 in a single battle. Support chips do not count towards the 3 chips. Chosen Net for assignment: Yoka Net, part of Electopia's Net, Rogue level. Starting...now!"

"...Oh, sorry! Spaced out for a sec!" Having completely wrecked any hint of professionalism the recording might otherwise have, SplashMan started to walk into the Net, on the prowl for anything that could potentially be used for grading purposes.

(Searching for Battle #1)
And just as SplashMan teleported down into Rogue Yoka, he found a welcome wagon already set out for him to welcome him... welcomingly. A trio of starfish floated out beyond the telepad that he was standing on, ready to burst forth with their bubblebobble.

Starfish2A: 180HP (sea)
Starfish2B: 180HP (sea)
Starfish2C: 180HP (sea)

Terrain: 80% Sea, 20% Normal (Telepad)

SplashMan.EXE: 350HP (normal)

-ROGUE BATTLE ONE, FIGHT!!-
"Battle found! Sabrina's NetNavi, SplashMan, preparing to battle!" Attempting to look slightly more intimidating, the aforementioned Navi leaned forward slightly, his eyes clearly showing anger. Anger he was making up, since he didn't exactly have any malice towards the Starfish. However, had he remembered what the BubbleStar chip did, it might have been a bit more genuine. "Ready to receive Battlechips!"

"Commencing Battlechip slot in!" Ugh, talking like this was a royal pain, but Sabrina knew her teacher would take off points if they weren't formal about the whole thing. "Preparing to get a better angle at the viruses! Battlechip, AreaGrab! Slot in!"

Expecting as much, the Aqua Navi quickly initiated the teleportation chip, allowing him to warp from his current spot to a more pleasing position on the battlefield. One where their potentially ridiculous combo might be. Come to think of it, they hadn't said a word about exactly what that combo was going to be. Hopefully it was something intuitive, and that he wouldn't have to move around like a crazy Navi for. But to prevent any surprise spoilage, he remained silent on the matter.

"Commencing Battlechip...combo!..." ...Quick, think of a combo! Uh...got it! "Battlechip Combo, Great...Yo-Yo...Blade Storm!" Great Yo-Yo Blade Storm. Oh yeah, THAT was going to catch on. "Battlechip, Yo-Yo! Slot in!"

SplashMan's arm became similar to a mechanized lobster claw, containing bladed terror for all who crossed it. However...

"Battlechip, AquaSword! Slot in!"

...Make that blue bladed terror.

"Battlechip, WideSword! Slot in!"

...Blue, wide-bladed terror?

"Battlechip, MoonBlade! Slot in!"

...By now, SplashMan was ceasing all attempts to guess exactly what was inside his right hand, instead completely focusing on firing the possible doom into the crowd of Starfish. Admittedly, at this point it simply involved pointed the Yo-Yo apparatus towards them and releasing whatever trigger it had. However, as soon as he had done so, the Navi closed his eyes, choosing to not view whatever carnage came out of his arm, its aim already determined beforehand. He just couldn't bear to watch, just in case it turned into complete and utter disaster. And even if it did turn out awesome, he could always look at the replay before Sabrina turned it it. However, this didn't prevent him from hearing the sound of swords tearing whatever got in their way. Also admittedly, it could be just the air for all he knew.

As suddenly as the attack was launched, the Aqua Navi could feel it return to whence it came, causing him to open his eyes...

"Precautionary defense! Battlechip, IronShield! Slot in!"

...Revealing absolutely nothing him, as the tower shield blocked all visual access to the enemy trio, temporarily leaving it up to his imagination if anything even remained back there...

[Order of Turn:
1-AreaGrab chip to spot where all three StarFish2 are lined up (teleports user)
2-5-MoonBlade1, AquaSword, WideSword, Yo-Yo1 grand combo (90, Slashing, hits up to 3; 80+15, Aqua, Slashing, hits up to 3; 80, Slashing, hits up to 3; 40x3 to one, 40x2, blocks frontal projectiles, lowers evasion) (Exact effects of combo: ????)
6-IronShield1 chip on SplashMan (2-hit shield)]
The innocent looking Starfish viruses waited as Sabrina sent chips to her Navi for a "combo" of sorts. It started with an AreaGrab staright up to the viruses. Afterwards, SplashMan himself appeared unsure of what he held in his hand as his operator transferred several sharp objects to his right hand. Finally, he prepared to release whatever abomination his operator had created. And lo and behold, as SplashMan threw the "combo" attack he closed his eyes and missed an... interesting sight.

As it would happen, the Great Yo-Yo Blade Storm was simply a mashup of all the chips that had been inserted. It was to be expected considering how all the weapons had been crushed in the Navi's hand. The yo-yo flew forward flaunting a WideSword and an AquaSword on opposite sides with... an assortment of MoonBlades sticking out at random points on the disk. It was a frightening thing, and suffice to say the Starfish were not pleased to see it coming. As it flew into the viruses' midst the Great Yo-Yo Blade Storm practically rained down pointy and slashy death. After the fact, no one could say exactly what had done what, but...

Wow, that was awesome.

Starfish2A: 60HP (Sea)
Starfish2B: 30HP (Sea)
Starfish2C: 80HP (Sea)

SplashMan.EXE: 350HP (IronShield1: 2/2 hits) (Sea)
SplashMan peered out from behind his shield, seeing exactly why there were no signs of the Starfish retaliating. As it turned out, they were all still there; they were just too shocked by the attack to even flinch. Apparently whatever he hadn't seen was so awe-inspiring, even the viruses were impressed. "So...what did I miss, exactly?"

"..." ...Apparently, it impressed Sabrina into silence, too. "...Wow. That...is going to be a total 100! I know we're still rolling, but I can just edit this part out. Now, shall we end this?"

"Yeah...but let me see what that looked like before you turn it in, okay?"

"Sure! Just don't rush or anything!" And now...EVEN MORE MASS CHIP INSERTION. But unlike before, these were all either identical, or different in color only. "Battlechip, WideShot! Massive slot in!"

By massive, his operator apparently meant four, as the Aqua Navi felt that many Battlechips' data pour into him. Together, they manifested as a blue, wide-mouthed gun, with pink...lips? He wasn't sure what you'd call that, but so long as it could shoot water, he didn't especially care. The first one seemed more powerful than the other...that must be the WideShot2. With great speed (by his standards), SplashMan raced to a more perpendicular angle, the preferred angle for a WideShot, as quickly as his short legs would let him. As it turned out, that still wasn't especially fast, so with any luck the Starfish were still stunned into submission. Now with the angle at near point-blank range...WHOOSH! The water wave sailed forth, at least an entire 3 feet to the viruses...unless they were already shooting bubbles, in which case it didn't. Deciding to make sure each echinoderm was definitely out of commission, he then flipped the water gun sideways, to give it a more vertical shot. WHOOSH! WHOOSH! WHOOSH! Three more shots were fired, each individually created for the doom of a Starfish. ...Wait a minute. Didn't one of the viruses have too much HP to fall to a WideShot1? It might not be such a great idea to stay...with that thought, he rolled over back towards his shield. ...And then rolled over again, having not quite made it with the first 'athletic' feat.

[Order of Turn:
1-Move behind Starfish2 group
2-WideShot2 chip attack on Starfish2A, Starfish2B, and Starfish2C (80+15, Aqua)
3-WideShot1 chip attack on Starfish2A (60+15, Aqua)
4-WideShot1 chip attack on Starfish2B (60+15, Aqua)
5-WideShot1 chip attack on Starfish2C (60+15, Aqua)
6-Get behind IronShield]
The last shot was kind of a douche move, but whatever, it did its job marvellously, kicking everything in its sight off the cliff of life and into the gorge of death.

Starfish2A: DELETED
Starfish2B: DELETED
Starfish2C: DELETED

SplashMan.EXE: 350HP (IronShield1: 0/2 hits) (Sea)

-ROGUE BATTLE ONE, VICTORY!!-

Rewards: 1260z
With all three StarFish handily destroyed, SplashMan began transferring the remaining data over to his operator's PET. "That was pretty easy!"

"That was actually kinda easy. Now I just need to do the editing, and homework done! Plus we made some money doing it. Woo!" And editing would take, what? 10-15 minutes at the most? "All right, go ahead and jack out. We've got work to do!"

"Gotcha!" With that, the Rogue Net became quiet once more, as the Navi left it...

(TO RW YOKA)