Hard Water

Lit up by the TankCannon's blast, the Pulsebat's position was revealed for a moment in the pitch darkness. That was all Splashman needed to attack and the virus was deleted by a single watery burst. The sound of more flapping gave away the last Pulsebat as it dropped back down to Splashman's level. Splashman unleashed an Elebee, using it to track down his target. The Pulsebat was stung repeatedly but refused to go down. It counterattacked with another sound wave that ravaged the navi's delicate hearing even more. Fortunately, the bat was destroyed by a sudden downpour above the virus. Splashman then quickly used a recovery chip before his battle routines completely ended.

PulseBat2A: DELETED
PulseBat2B: DELETED
PulseBat2C: DELETED
PulseBat2D: DELETED

Terrain: 100% Normal

Splashman.EXE: 220 [Darkness: -1 Accuracy / -1 Evasion]

[Battle 2 - Victory!]

Get: 600z + Pulsar2 battlechip
Well, he could safely say that that was the toughest 4 virus fight he'd even been a part of. Nonetheless, he made it relatively unscathed. As such, he sent over the cash and chip data, conversed with someone Sabrina had met a little earlier, and started to move deeper into the Net. But just to be sure..."Sabrina? Should I keep going, or should I go ahead and jack out? These battles are probably gonna get even rougher..."

"Yeah, but we might as well see how far we can get, right? And I think we're doing pretty good so far, anyway. Besides, think of the strong chips we could get!"

"I guess..." He had to admit, getting some upgraded chips would be pretty nifty, especially if they managed to get some Aqua ones...hmm, note to self: get Sabrina to have him check out Yoka's Rogue Net later. But to do that, he'd probably have to clear another couple of battles here first...so, he picked up his pace, so he could bump into some more viruses a bit faster.

(searching for Battle #3)
Splashman, ever vigilant, walks across the baren landscape of ACDC town's Rogue Networks before seeing swordies, several swordies, in completely different colors from their normal network counterparts.
They were pumping their swords into the air and, thanks to our virus translator, which Splashman doesn't have access to, we can listen to their chanting. "WE ARE THE MASTER RACE! DELETE ALL NETNAVIS!" Ech...good thing Splashman hasn't been detec- OH FOR THE LOVE OF- One of the swordies turns to see Splashman, alerts it's comrades and battle routines set in.

Swordy-N2A: 120
Swordy-N2B: 120
Swordy-N2C: 120
Swordy-N2D: 120
Swordy-N2D: 120

Splashman: 220

Terrain: ALL NORMAL

Rogue battle 3-BEGIN!
Looked like Swordy was up next in 'Otherwise Harmless Viruses From Heck'. Once he found himself in a stationary position, SplashMan started to lower his cannons down to firing level, despite having no clearance from his operator to do so. "Gotta beat these guys quick, before they can get close!" Each back artillery piece blasted a torrent of water towards one of the knight viruses, proving to anyone nearby why he had his name...especially a certain operator/Navi pair that might be watching.

"You know, you really should talk to me before you do stuff like that. Even if it's probably what I would've had you do anyway..." Hmm...a lot of their chips couldn't beat these Swordy in one hit. That...made life slightly harder. Ah well, there was always one they could use for quick, easy, and lots of damage. "Well, while we're doing really strong attacks that can take a virus out in one hit...Battlechip, BigHammer! Slot in!"

Perhaps counterintuitively, instead of an oversized hammer simply appearing on the Navi's arm, a gray Gaia virus suddenly appeared next to a Swordy. It promptly turned from gray to purple, then lowered its weapon down from above its head to the ground, smashing anything in its path. That weapon, appropriately, was a large hammer, which went a long way towards justifing the chip's name. Regardless, it was less work for him. "There's the easy part. Now we've gotta be careful and do the stuff that won't insta-delete these guys..."

"Yep...but I've got faith in you! So just relax and concentrate on hitting these guys!" At this point, it seemed wise to use something that could hit a lot of the viruses...possibly even all of them. And in her experiences, attacks that exploded in a wide area had a tendency to backfire when it was actually important. Which left...not very many choices if she wanted to try and attack them all. And in this case, not very many equaled one, so that made that decision easier..."Okay, get ready to jet! Battlechip, DashAttack! Slot in!"

This time, SplashMan's hand actually did fade way, to permit what looked like a Fishy virus to occupy that space. Extending his arm forward, the Fishy's wings spread, causing it and the Navi it was attached to to rocket forward towards the group of Swordy. Fortunately, by now he was used to being self-propelled at high speeds towards potential danger, so he calmly adjusted the flight path by leaning a little towards one side, so that he careened towards, and possibly through, the virus gang. Once he was clearly past the final one, he made one last turn, eventually landing near the same spot he had begun after some minor skidding.

And now, to continue the assault. Hmm, they hadn't used any water-based chips yet, and they had a few that'd work nicely. They COULD use WideShot, but they used it a lot, so eh..."All right, here's the next one. And I want you to focus really hard when you use it, to put even more Aqua power in it than usual! Battlechip, WaterLine! Slot in!"

To continue the virus-related fun, the Navi's hand turned into what looked a lot like a RainGear virus, which opened its mouth after a second or two of charging water energy into it. Almost immediately afterwards, water formed beneath several panels, then rose upwards and erupted in a giant watery burst. The mini-geysers themselves kept him from seeing exactly what was left, but-hmm? The ground felt kinda wet all of a sudden...a look down revealed that the panel he was standing on was now occupied completely by water. Just like that other time..."Why is there a Sea panel here now? ...Actually, I can worry about that later. Should I take a dive, Sabrina?"

"Well, that's the plan."

The plan? She knew that a Sea panel would magically appear there? He had some serious questions for her after this battle...but for now, SplashMan dropped down into the stuff he was designed around. Hopefully Swordy couldn't swim...

[Order of Turn:
1-Water Splash sig attack on SwordyN2B (160, Aqua)
2-BigHammer1 chip attack on SwordyN2A (160, Break)
3-DashAttack chip attack on SwordyN2 group (90, Impact)
4-WaterLine1 chip attack on SwordyN2C, SwordyN2D, and SwordyN2E (80+15, Aqua) (Aqua Boost) (Terraform: creates Sea terrain beneath SplashMan, and possibly the Swordy2N)
5-Submerge into the Sea panel]
(24 HOUR AND 3 MINUTE BUMP)
(TWIN BUMP THAT'S SIGNIFICANTLY NORTH OF 24 HOURS AND 3 MINUTES)
Splashman's Water Splash was fast and wiped out the Swordy in an instant. The others started to close in slowly as Splashman summoned a Gaia to attack for him. Unfortunately, the Swordy's range was well over that of a simple hammer and Splashman felt the sharp sting of the virus's blade before his Gaia attacked. Another Swordy was deleted, leaving only three remaining. Splashman then sped through a pair of Swordys with his DashAttack before they could react leaving them heavily injured but still intact. When Splashman returned to his starting spot, he found that two of the Swordys had reached him and prepared to attack with wide swipes of their swords. He struck first, drawing first blood with a Raingear's powerful water jets. One of his would-be assailants was deleted but the other endured and finished its attack, drawing a huge gash across Splashman's chest. Having created enough water around the area with his Waterline, Splashman sank into the body of water, leaving a trail of leaking data as he did.

Swordy-N2A: DELETED
Swordy-N2B: DELETED
Swordy-N2C: 25
Swordy-N2D: DELETED
Swordy-N2D: 30

Terrain: 85% Normal, 15% Sea

Splashman: 40 HP
Pain...pain...PAIN...if he wasn't making Sabrina's PET make its low HP warning noise now, it was obviously busted. He was underwater, for crying out loud, and all he could manage to do was float. "...Need...recovery..."

"Eh?" Sabrina looked down at her PET for a second, immediately noticing the annoying sound and HP turning red. "That...looks painful. I'd ask what happened, but I think it's kinda obvious..." Hey, at least she avoided the horribly obvious pun of 'painfully obvious'. "You know what's coming. Battlechip, Recover120! Slot in!"

For the second straight battle, SplashMan found himself surrounded by healing energy, and more than gladly used every last bit of it on his various slash wounds. Sure, it didn't make them competely go away, but at least it stopped him from leaking any more. "There, now I can fight again! And since I'm underwater, I don't think I lost too much water, either."

"Not to mention that really annoying noise it makes when you're low on HP is gone, too!" Seriously, like your Navi being in critical shape wasn't enough to make you heal them? They had to give you even more incentive by making a noise that wouldn't go away? Geez. "Anyway, we've still got those two Swordy to deal with. I figure that we should just stick to the basics with them! Battlechip, Bubbler! Double slot in!"

In order to use the most basic of Aqua-elemental chips, the Navi's hand transformed, becoming the hose nozzle he was quite familiar with. He pointed it straight ahead, and then...nothing? Instead, he began to slowly rise from his spot underwater to the surface, oddly enough in a perfect standing position. Soon enough, he began to feel slightly cooler from the top down as he rose from the depths, and stood atop the water in a blatant mockery of surface tension. Now, for the fun part. His arm still pointing forward, he adjusted its direction to face one of the remaining, badly wounded Swordy, and let out a single large bubble from the nozzle towards it. He then prepared to blast the second one...but suddenly thought better about it, and started to move around a bit.

This, quite obviously, got his operator's attention. "Hey, what are you doing? Just shoot the other one already!"

"Yeah, but the reason I took so much damage before was because I wasn't moving, and couldn't get underwater in time! This way I bet I can avoid another hit!" Besides, he could still shoot while moving...it just wasn't quite as easy. But considering some of the circumstances he'd been through, it was a relative piece of cake to position it towards that final virus, releasing the burst of bubbly damage goodness towards it...

[Order of Turn:
1-Recover120 chip on SplashMan (120, Recovery)
2-Resurface
3-Bubbler chip attack on SwordyN2C (50+15, Aqua) (Aqua Boost)
4-Dodge
5-Bubbler chip attack on SwordyN2E (50+15, Aqua) (Aqua Boost)]
While he healed himself underwater, the Swordies paced around the sea panel wondering when their quarry would resurface. Their patience was rewarded as Splashman rose out of the sea panel. However, he immediately blasted one of the viruses in the face with a Bubbler, deleting it. The second Swordy moved in with a long slash from its sword but it missed and took a counterattack in the form of another Bubbler shot. The viruses deleted, a pile of zenny revealed itself neatly stacked in a ten by ten by ten unit cube.

Swordy-N2A: DELETED
Swordy-N2B: DELETED
Swordy-N2C: DELETED

Terrain: 85% Normal, 15% Sea

Splashman: 160 HP

[Battle 3 - Victory!]

Get: 1000z
Phew...that was rough. But nonetheless, he was still standing, and thus was permitted to access the spoils of the battle. ...Darn, just cash for all of that. Oh well, it was still a good bit of the stuff. "Okay, sent over the zenny, Sabrina! Should I keep going?"

Of course, if he had been able to pay any attention to the real world, he would've known that was a silly question. "No way! Jack out, now!"

"Really? Because I'm fine to keep going if that's what you-"

"OUT!"

"Yes ma'am!" And thus ended SplashMan's debut in the Rogue Net...kicked out not due to the strength of the viruses, but due to the weakness of his operator due to hunger...

(to the real world!)